Middle Earth vs Narnia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
The LOTR section seems to be dead...

Anyway, who wins in this epic war? Sauron/Aslan and below allowed, this is third age Middle Earth only that Gondor is restored to it's former height.

BTW, please be honest and don't only vote for LOTR/Narnia because you like them more.

King-Fingolfin
Lol.

3rd Age stomps.

Shit, Gondor could solo. Adding in Mordor is spite.

XanatosForever
How so? no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
How so? no expression

Because LOTR is more bad-ass?

XanatosForever
How so? erm

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
How so? erm

Narnia has an evil witch, large talking lion with a Jesus complex, bunch of children and a sleuth of not so scary monsters.

LOTR has a couple of kickass wizards, hordes of goblins, orcs, orc-men, trolls, ring wraiths; their steeds, gigantic battle elephants, a balrog, dwarves, elves, armies of humans, walking trees and the ****ing Captain of Despair, who is cock-proof.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Robtard
Narnia has an evil witch, large talking lion with a Jesus complex, bunch of children and a sleuth of not so scary monsters.

LOTR has a couple of kickass wizards, hordes of goblins, orcs, orc-men, trolls, ring wraiths; their steeds, gigantic battle elephants, a balrog, dwarves, elves, armies of humans, walking trees and the ****ing Captain of Despair, who is cock-proof.

Aslan is FAR more powerful than a large talking lion...he has shown to be able to alter reality/time/space. For example, he appears larger to larger people and smaller to smaller people...even when they're looking at him at the same time! He also basically destroyed the universe, has stopped time before, etc.

Narnia also has giants.

But to be honest, LOTR might win since this is ALL of middle earth vs Narnia (and not any of the other lands).

Would it be more fair if it were Narnia vs Gondor?

coolmovies
Lotr would win 10,000 strong hold army

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Aslan is FAR more powerful than a large talking lion...he has shown to be able to alter reality/time/space. For example, he appears larger to larger people and smaller to smaller people...even when they're looking at him at the same time! He also basically destroyed the universe, has stopped time before, etc.

Narnia also has giants.

But to be honest, LOTR might win since this is ALL of middle earth vs Narnia (and not any of the other lands).

Would it be more fair if it were Narnia vs Gondor?

How is that altering time and space?

Theoden was said to look suddenly very large and ferocious during the Charge of Rohan, and resembled one of the Valar (I believe Orome). Does that make him an Ainur?

Middle Earth also has Oliphaunts.

Yes, it would.

siriuswriter
really? we're really asking this question? okay, i'll write it out.

middle earth : orcs; elves; dwarves; hobbits; wizards
bow and arrow; wicked swords; daggers; teeth; claws.

is sixteen
one is blessed with a potion that can revive people UNLESS they're dead. oh, and by the way, she's about four to six years old.
one is blessed with shield and sword of aslan. is trained well.
is eighteen.
one has sword, but also has PTSD because of stay in local witch's castle.
is thirteen.
then we've got minotaurs, hags that look like balding chickens, and "deep magic," which conveniently has no steady rules.
magical lion that could cause all sorts of destruction..... but has a tendency to show up only for morale and general petting.

... middle earth? pwns.

icu311
The witch uses the spell that kills everyone under the sun... evil face

jk, Middle Earth pwns

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Jadis has a spell that can kill everything. If they don't have aslan, who can destroy the universe, and jadis doesn't use that spell, then lotr pwnz. Sorry, i know that middle earth is way more awesome and all, but its like pitting sauron vs. Voldemort. Voldemort has the killing curse and can take him out before he reaches him. etc.

ares834
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Sorry, i know that middle earth is way more awesome and all, but its like pitting sauron vs. Voldemort. Voldemort has the killing curse and can take him out before he reaches him. etc.
LOL! Avadakadavra killing Sauron...

King-Fingolfin
I believe that by feats, Voldemort beats Sauron. However, I believe Sauron is most likely more powerful then Voldemort, but simply hasn't shown it.

ares834
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
I believe that by feats, Voldemort beats Sauron. However, I believe Sauron is most likely more powerful then Voldemort, but simply hasn't shown it.
I disagree. Sauron was exeptinally powerful in the 1st age. He single handedly cinqured Tol Sirion, and beat Finarfin or Finrod, can remeber right now, in a duel of songs AKA magic.

King-Fingolfin
But he lacks feats. We don't know exactly how powerful Finarfin was in magic, nor how he conquered the city. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Sauron is far more powerful then Voldemort, but Sauron lacks the feats necessary.

KingD19
Tom Bombadil solos, lol.

And a single arrow from Legolas will end Aslan.

LOTR also has that dragon that fought against Bilbo, can't remember his name. And the Nazgul, giant eagles, and the Ringwraith's that can't be killed.

And let's not forget the Army of the King, a wave of ghosts that just, make things bad for the other team.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
since aslan, acording to the allegory, represents the infinite power of christ, i don't think anyone can kill him.

KingD19
He can be killed, it'll just take 3 days to come back.

ares834
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
since aslan, acording to the allegory, represents the infinite power of christ, i don't think anyone can kill him.
No where in the bible does it say Christ wields the power himself but hints at him deriving it from his father.

Nemesis X
I think Santa will just give an army of children lethal weapons and Narnia wins laughing out loud (if you didn't get that joke then bite me).

But seriously, Middle Earth wins so easily it ain't funny.

Placidity
Naria wins cause they have polar bears.

Placidity
Originally posted by Placidity
Narnia wins cause they have polar bears.

King-Fingolfin
Middle Earth wins because they have Gollum.

uhuh

ares834
What type of person quotes themselves?

ares834
Originally posted by ares834
What type of person quotes themselves?

Hewhoknowsall

Hypocrite!

Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Middle Earth wins because they have Gollum.

uhuh

It's annoying when people use smiles - bad boy sad

MightyEInherjar
Tom Bombadil

Ace of Knaves
The LOTR section seems to be dead...

Anyway, who wins in this epic war? Sauron/Aslan and below allowed, this is third age Middle Earth only that Gondor is restored to it's former height.

BTW, please be honest and don't only vote for LOTR/Narnia because you like them more.

Is this like asking who would win between the modern US and ancient Rome?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
Is this like asking who would win between the modern US and ancient Rome?

No, it's not. I'm don't know who'd win, but you're probably just saying that because you are a LOTR fan...

I forgot to specify: this is Narnia at it's peak.

Narnia and LOTR are on about the same tech level, so no this isn't a spite unlike what some fanboys think. LOTR might win, but it isn't a WTF pwn.

Ace of Knaves
No, it's not. I'm don't know who'd win, but you're probably just saying that because you are a LOTR fan...

I don't particularly care for either.

Hewhoknowsall

Ace of Knaves

Not caring for them and not being familiar with them are two different things.

celestialdemon
Middle Earth wins. Tom Bombadil and the Grey Host would be too much to deal with.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Middle Earth wins. Tom Bombadil and the Grey Host would be too much to deal with.
QFT

Not so.

Gondor has numbers, discipline, arms, leadership and applied magic the likes of which Narnia cannot fathom. Even if you let the (mostly) speculative 'adult' High Kings/Queens participate with the army they mustered to try to deal w/Radagast, this remains a stomp.

Unless. If you allow WTF SPITE magick like Jadis's Universal_Kill spell or Aslans... Emperor beyond the Sea charism then Narnia takes this. (Even that is debatable b/c Aslan "plays by the rules of the world" and Jadis can't really win for her faction.) ((I take it back. Narnia has some sort of sorcerer capable of genocidal transmogrification.))

But really. From a purely militaristic standpoint, Gondor takes this. If we factor in magic (ignoring the Allegory of Aslan and speculation about Bombadil) then the gap narrows. The vagueness of Aslan's combat utility makes me doubt if he would be able to take Aragorn, let alone Gandalf. (Lord help him if He met Sauron or even Saruman. Fireball +2d6) In the final analysis, Gondor is superior to Narnia in terms of military power, unless speculation (or self pwnge) is allowed to count for Narnia.

KingD19
Let's not forget the trolls and Ents to just crush everything in their way.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
QFT

Not so.

Gondor has numbers, discipline, arms, leadership and applied magic the likes of which Narnia cannot fathom. Even if you let the (mostly) speculative 'adult' High Kings/Queens participate with the army they mustered to try to deal w/Radagast, this remains a stomp.

Unless. If you allow WTF SPITE magick like Jadis's Universal_Kill spell or Aslans... Emperor beyond the Sea charism then Narnia takes this. (Even that is debatable b/c Aslan "plays by the rules of the world" and Jadis can't really win for her faction.) ((I take it back. Narnia has some sort of sorcerer capable of genocidal transmogrification.))

But really. From a purely militaristic standpoint, Gondor takes this. If we factor in magic (ignoring the Allegory of Aslan and speculation about Bombadil) then the gap narrows. The vagueness of Aslan's combat utility makes me doubt if he would be able to take Aragorn, let alone Gandalf. (Lord help him if He met Sauron or even Saruman. Fireball +2d6) In the final analysis, Gondor is superior to Narnia in terms of military power, unless speculation (or self pwnge) is allowed to count for Narnia.

I admit: from a military standpoint Middle Earth is FAR superior to Narnia, especially since Narnia is just one kingdom whereas all of Middle Earth is multiple kingdoms. However, Aslan has shown to perform ridiculous feats, plus at the end he basically DESTROYED all of time...

Red Nemesis
He hasn't applied it to combat. It's great that he can set off Armageddon, but can he play Foosball use that in battle?

He doesn't seem to have a very useful place in warfare.

Hewhoknowsall
He hasn't applied it to combat. It's great that he can set off Armageddon, but can he play Foosball use that in battle?

He doesn't seem to have a very useful place in warfare.

He causes Armegeddon, and forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that destroy Middle Earth? Plus, it simply shows how powerful Aslan is, and that he isn't just a talking lion.

"applied magic?" Unlike in say DnD in Middle Earth magic ISN'T universally practiced except for by the Istari and such.

Incanus
Valar and Maiar and Men of Dunharrow. Immortals and ppl that are already dead, SO WHAT IF JADIS CAN KILL ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN!!!! THESE GUYS CANT DIE!!!!! PLUS MORGOTH CAN MAKE A SHADOW TO BLOCK THE SUN SO HA U NARNIA PPL!!!!

Incanus
Oh, and Aslan cant Armaggedon Middle Earth as there he is a plain lion =-p not a god like creature

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Incanus
Valar and Maiar and Men of Dunharrow. Immortals and ppl that are already dead, SO WHAT IF JADIS CAN KILL ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN!!!! THESE GUYS CANT DIE!!!!! PLUS MORGOTH CAN MAKE A SHADOW TO BLOCK THE SUN SO HA U NARNIA PPL!!!!

Valar/Maiar DON'T LIVE IN MIDDLE EARTH!!!!! They live in another land outside of it.

Oh, and Aslan cant Armaggedon Middle Earth as there he is a plain lion =-p not a god like creature

Did you read the Cronicles of Narnia at all?

Incanus
Yes i have, and in the First and Second Ages, Aman WAS within the Circles of the World, so they DID live in Middle Earth. And in Middle Earth Aslan CANT be a god like thing because thats what Eru is =-p

Hewhoknowsall
Yes i have, and in the First and Second Ages, Aman WAS within the Circles of the World, so they DID live in Middle Earth. And in Middle Earth Aslan CANT be a god like thing because thats what Eru is =-p

We're not talking about the first/second ages.

And Aslan IS more than just a lion, sure he's no Eru but he has been shown to show powers that are pretty amazing.

Incanus
Yes he has, and i forgot it was just the third age srry bout that but still Aslan cant cause armaggedon in Middle Earth as the Deep Magic dosnt apply there because its a whole different set of books AND a different author. =-)

Red Nemesis
Lewis and Tolkien were friends though. Tolkien Eru might let Aslan kick ass even though he's a guest. He is pretty BA.

Incanus
Eh, Eru might, who knows. I doubt it tho. I don think Eru would let Aslan destroy Arda before the Dagor Dagollach. Cuz then the Music wouldnt have reached its end.

Darth Truculent
Everybody seems to be forgetting Rohan. They have the best trained cavalry in all of Middle Earth. Even Telmarines wouldn't stand a chance against a Rohan charge. I'd also like to see a Minotaur fight a Uruk-Hai. Minotaur would be dead in a matter of seconds. Simply put, Middle Earth has better weapons, armor, training and more powerful Wizards.

Red Nemesis
Jadis might take out Gandalf the Gray. Certainly would beat up on Galadriel.

Hewhoknowsall
Middle Earth wins, but if this were just one kingdom (ie Gondor, Rohan, Mordor, etc.) then Narnia MIGHT stand a chance.

Incanus
Yeah, Gindir uses trebuchets and Numenorean stonework that hasnt been lost, and Narnia cant take them out. Give Mordor betetr wepons and armor, and Narnia get pwned.

Lord Lucien
Jadis might take out Gandalf the Gray. Certainly would beat up on Galadriel. Tilda Swinton vs. Cate Blanchett.

Hawt.

ares834
Jadis might take out Gandalf the Gray. Certainly would beat up on Galadriel.
I doubt Jadis could take out Gandalf. Howeverthere is a chance that the Deplorable Word could be off use in Middle Earth. If that were the case Narnia wins.

Red Nemesis
Based on what, exactly? If we are allowing her access to her magic then she will be turning people to ash left and right. She's a flash-bang sorceress, Gandalf is a mover & manipulator. Active Magic > Passive application. Tolkien's universe does not compare favorably, in terms of power level, to most other magic systems.

Jadis powders him into tea.

Well, Jadis wins. Narnian combatants would be just as screwed over.

Morgromir
look at the big guns on narnias side aslan and the kings and queens of old
and on lotrs side ,aragorn gandalf ,gimili legolas ,faramir (you are oh so lucky its only the third age morgoth and his balrogs would whip their asses) well lotr brings a savageness into it orcs go beserk in battle plus they have wyrms, (dragonkin)trolls and wargs elves will also hep and men of the east/west would ick ass i cant see narnia winning

Morgromir

I forgot to specify: this is Narnia at it's peak.

Narnia and LOTR are on about the same tech level, so no this isn't a spite unlike what some fanboys think. LOTR might win, but it isn't a WTF pwn.

okay if narnias at its peak that morgoth gets to join in and kill everything btw the nazgul would seriously kick ass peter would crap his pants by just looking at them

Morgromir
Originally posted by coolmovies
Lotr would win 10,000 strong hold army
yeah a fraction of the force sent to helms deep could win lotr is much more powerful yes they have aslan but compared to morgoth hes nothing morgoth is a god he created the orc balrogs and dragons plu his bodygaurds are several balrogs he had an army of them

Lord Lucien
The entire population of Orcs, Gondor at its prime, Rohan's cavlary, the infantry of Rhun, the Mumakil of the Southerners, the elves of Lorien and Mirkwood, the Dwarves of Erebor and the Iron Hills, the various combatants from the rest of Eriador, a balrog, 5 wizards, 9 Nazgul, Sauron...

Sheesh. Numerically speaking, Narnia is f*cked. The main thing going for them is Aslan and the White Witch, who I doubt very much could handle all of that.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The entire population of Orcs, Gondor at its prime, Rohan's cavlary, the infantry of Rhun, the Mumakil of the Southerners, the elves of Lorien and Mirkwood, the Dwarves of Erebor and the Iron Hills, the various combatants from the rest of Eriador, a balrog, 5 wizards, 9 Nazgul, Sauron...

Sheesh. Numerically speaking, Narnia is f*cked. The main thing going for them is Aslan and the White Witch, who I doubt very much could handle all of that.
Well Aslan is Christ so he could take down all off Middle-Earth himself...

Lord Lucien
Well Aslan is Christ so he could take down all off Middle-Earth himself... The day God turns in to a talking Lion is the day I save a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Morgromir
lol

Morgromir
this place died

Incanus
No duh, we got a winner middl eearth

Morgromir
im just suprised ppl gave up that easily
and you dont have to be a jerk about it

Lord Lucien
He's not being a jerk, that's your interpretation of his text.

Morgromir
exactly and to me it sounds a little rude, but i dont care im just having a bad day streak so it seems like everything offends me .

jayce78
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The day God turns in to a talking Lion is the day I save a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Calm yourself. It's only a mythical fantasy film. Lewis got the Lion analogy from the ancient Biblical reference's to God ( Jehova ) as the great Lion of Judah and or Isreal.

But that was funny. Gotta give ya that.

ADarksideJedi
I like both worlds.To choose on both of them would be impossible,.

alex28
both the movies are good

The Day's Moon
I've done some research on Narnia. We have much more than what most of you mentioned. We have Father Time, (he was so big he destroyed the sun by squeezing it in his hand), Giants, Minotaurs, Star People, Various Witches, (Other than Jadis, there's plenty more witches) Fauns, A Winged Horse, Satyrs, Dryads, Tash, Sea People, Sea Horses, Sea Serpent, An Island which could make you live your worst nightmares, Werewolves, Boggles, Cruels, Cyclops, Ghouls, Hags, Incubi, Ogres, Orknies, Phoenixes, Gargoyles, Imps, Goblins, Polar Bears, Demons, Wraiths, Hags, Vultures, Leopards, Cheetahs, Gryphons, Rats (especially Reepicheep) and many, many more.

King Kandy
The stars in Narnia win.

eezy45
Narnia is a children's book's world. Middle Earth is a universe of mythological tales. Obviously, Middle Earth is much more sophisticated. And interesting...

The Rover
Lewis was far too Christian for me...at least, he seemed much more preachy to me than Tolkien ever explicitly was.

dylan2102wright
Give sauron the ring then narnia is owned Happy Dance laughing

elrond72
wish i was a member when this thread was at its peak. anyway heres my 2p worth. jadis cant use the deplorable word in middle earth because outside of her world her magic is not much use. anyone who has read the books will know from magicians nephew that she couldnt use magic on earth when she got there she had superhuman strength instead. she could only use magic in narnia because she was there when it was created.

quanchi112
Is this movie version only ?

ShadeSlayer15
How about middle earth vs Alegasia from Eragon??? And how come in lord of the rings Elvs cant use magic? their race is the most powerful of all magic users

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.