Sephiroth vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
Dart vs Sephiroth

Full power at the end of their respected games
None of that, "Only Cloud can defeat Sephiroth" Kingdom Hearts crap.

King-Fingolfin
Kingdom Hearts is non-canon to Sephiroth, so it wouldn't apply anyway.

And I say Sephiroth.

Because I have no idea who Dart is uhuh

ThunderGodEneru
Dart because I want the first thread witha Legend of Dragoon character that I have seen to win.

ScreamPaste
Dart.

Phanteros
Dart for the chocolate

KingD19
When Dart turns into that silver, 6 eyed thing, with that bio-tech cannon, he takes it. Plus that sword is bad ass.

XanatosForever
I'm waiting for Terry to see this thread. XD

Dart, btw.

LLLLLink
Well, Dart definitely has the flight advantage here. And he is more than competent with a sword. We have all seen his Dragoon combo. I'd love to see Seph get hit by a Final Burst.

K1ll3r
At the end of FF 7, Sephiroth was ascending to a god, could wield incredibly destructive and powerful magic...

He is also the most skilled fighter in the entirety of FF 7.

Sephiroth could hold Dart in place with telekinesis? While slicing him up.

Now Dragoon Dart I would have to say would be just as good, if not better then the FF 7 WEAPONs, and Sephiroth is easily better then them.

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Well, Dart definitely has the flight advantage here. And he is more than competent with a sword. We have all seen his Dragoon combo. I'd love to see Seph get hit by a Final Burst.

He doesn't have any flight advantage, Sephiroth is as much or more competant then Dart with a sword, having the advantage of length.

Phanteros
length only matters in your groin size

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Phanteros
length only matters in your groin size Actually width is more important than length will ever be needle pete.

And Sephiroth does have he read advantage.

To be perfectly honest, why is Dart, a featless character, getting the nod over Sephiroth, who has good feats?

ScreamPaste
Last time I heard this argument was in 2000, and back then everyone agreed Dart won, I've never actually played LoD =P

ThunderGodEneru
I have played and completed every aspect of Legend of Dragoon five times.

And Sephiroth has had new feats since 2,000.

LLLLLink
TGE has a point... Dart is nearly featless. But he is a likable character because he doesnt want a pity party for what happened in his past *coughCloudcough*. He just wants the Black Monster's blood on his hands.

If you knew anything about wielding a weapon Killer, then you would know that a longsword is at a disadvantage against a shorter sword. You guys treat the term "God" so lightly. Seph is nothing close to my definition of a god. A god in my book can change the universe at will. Appearantly, your definition of a god is a guy with madzorz powuhz and a highly unpracticle sword. Some of you are too easily impressed.

ScreamPaste
Movies don't count and most of Seph's feats are meh.

Also, being an arrogant tosspot should only work as PIS once, the five hundredth time it happens it ceases to be PIS and you're just an arrogant tosspot.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Movies don't count and most of Seph's feats are meh.

Also, being an arrogant tosspot should only work as PIS once, the five hundredth time it happens it ceases to be PIS and you're just an arrogant tosspot. Yes, they do, they are canon to the FFVII universe and as such are viable. And have you not played Crisis Core? Sephiroth is incredibly overrated, yeah, but not enough to lose to Dart who has nothing to put him above Sephiroth.

He is an arrogant tosspot...To Cloud. He treats no one else like that, everyone else he just killed/defeated.

ThunderGodEneru
TGE has a point... Dart is nearly featless. But he is a likable character because he doesnt want a pity party for what happened in his past *coughCloudcough*. He just wants the Black Monster's blood on his hands. Don't get me wrong, Dart is a better character than Cloud and is in a better game than FFVII, but that does not win him this thread.

ScreamPaste
I agree, but now I have to go back and research LoD because I'm certain for how well lovedi t was by pre-pubescent teens that Dart had to do SOMETHING kool.

Edit: Besides, Dart kinda looks like Cloud.

XanatosForever
Truthfully, the only thing I remember about Legend of Dragoon was that hilarious commercial where one of the dudes gets his head cut off and has a hissy fit. Had me rolling.

ThunderGodEneru
I agree, but now I have to go back and research LoD because I'm certain for how well lovedi t was by pre-pubescent teens that Dart had to do SOMETHING kool.

Edit: Besides, Dart kinda looks like Cloud. LoD is one of the best RPGs ever made IMO.

Not to mention it contains the most badass men ever to have angel wings.

Lloyd and Melbu Frahma.

Ultimate Wil
Sephiroth FTW

K1ll3r
TGE has a point... Dart is nearly featless. But he is a likable character because he doesnt want a pity party for what happened in his past *coughCloudcough*. He just wants the Black Monster's blood on his hands.

If you knew anything about wielding a weapon Killer, then you would know that a longsword is at a disadvantage against a shorter sword. You guys treat the term "God" so lightly. Seph is nothing close to my definition of a god. A god in my book can change the universe at will. Appearantly, your definition of a god is a guy with madzorz powuhz and a highly unpracticle sword. Some of you are too easily impressed.

I am sorry, what disadvantage is that, the only one that I have experienced is that a shortsword is lighter and easier to wield, and seeing as Sephiroth wields his sword incredibly fast, I find it hard to believe Darts sword has any advantage.

Length does matter in this fight, as they are both very good swordsmen, the only thing that is left is who can hit who first. Technically Sephiroth could make it so Dart could never get close to him.

I never said he was a god, I said he was ascending to God status. However even though he is 'ascending' he had incredible powers and abilities, he still has his cockyness though, but like TGE said that only 'happens' with Cloud. =(

ScreamPaste
Eh, length is an advantage at times, more of an advantage than disadvantage usually, but with an over-long katana/nodachi, it's less advantageous because in close quarters, say I step in so we're a foot apart, it's lack of a pommel is very disadvantageous, as the weapon becomes mostly useless, where as a shorter weapon can still stab and hack.

Basicly, it's so long that once dart is in close it's near useless. /nerdiness.

Oh, in a hallway dagger or spear > all.

K1ll3r
Eh, length is an advantage at times, more of an advantage than disadvantage usually, but with an over-long katana/nodachi, it's less advantageous because in close quarters, say I step in so we're a foot apart, it's lack of a pommel is very disadvantageous, as the weapon becomes mostly useless, where as a shorter weapon can still stab and hack.

Basicly, it's so long that once dart is in close it's near useless. /nerdiness.

Oh, in a hallway dagger or spear > all.

Unfortunately in the unique way Sephiroth wields his sword and his skill with his sword makes small distances irrelevant.

EDIT: Check the Genesis and Angeal vs Sephiroth vid, he blocks attacks that are within inches of hitting him.

ScreamPaste
I'm not saying that modern media accurately represents sword fighting :P Realisticly, that'd be unreasonable, they just want it to look cool, but in terms of an actual sword fight in a debate, really this would be an issue. Even if he does use his sword in an eccentric way, he's still at a functional disadvantage.

ThunderGodEneru
There's one flaw to your point ScreamPaste.

If they are unable to close that distance, then the long range of the blade stays dominant.

And Dart is not getting that close.

XanatosForever
He would if Seph's his usual arrogant ass self...just sayin' o.o...

K1ll3r
I'm not saying that modern media accurately represents sword fighting :P Realisticly, that'd be unreasonable, they just want it to look cool, but in terms of an actual sword fight in a debate, really this would be an issue. Even if he does use his sword in an eccentric way, he's still at a functional disadvantage.

Aside from what TGE said, your point concerning realism and games is pretty rediculous.

I am not sure if you are trolling or not, but if Sephiroth has shown to be able to deflect blows with his long sword, that were within inches of hitting him (Read close quarter attack) then he can. Simple.

XanatosForever: Seph is only arrogant in PiS versing Cloud.

XanatosForever
Are you sure, K1ll3r? I haven't played Crisis Core, but I have seen at least one cutscene, where he was fighting the two fighters closest to his power level, and he still seemed to be an arrogant ass...What about when he fought Zack? Any sense of arrogance there?

Arrogance is part of what makes Sephiroth who he is. It's not just PIS, it could in some ways be considered CIS.

K1ll3r
Allright, he is arrogant to everyone, however not so much as to pretty much let them win as he does with Cloud.

Example, when Angeal and Genesis are fighting, Sephiroth is very arrogant, taking both of them without trying, however when Genesis steps it up, Sephiroth doesn't make it look even, he steps it up as well Whereas with Cloud, if Cloud steps it up, Sephiroth doesn't believe Cloud can be that powerful and just continues to not try.

LLLLLink
You might be right that Seph could fend Dart off, but Dart is pretty decent when he is a dragoon. To my memory, it doesnt seem to be a far cry from the stuff Cloud or Seph can dish out in terms of movement.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Are you sure, K1ll3r? I haven't played Crisis Core, but I have seen at least one cutscene, where he was fighting the two fighters closest to his power level, and he still seemed to be an arrogant ass...What about when he fought Zack? Any sense of arrogance there?

Arrogance is part of what makes Sephiroth who he is. It's not just PIS, it could in some ways be considered CIS. WROOOOONG.

That was a training match, no one was serious at first, but look at when Genesis(red haired dude) starting stepping up his game, when he got serious, so did Sephiroth, who immediately retaliated and was pressing him back.

When he fought Zack, he simply fought him and defeated him. No holding back.

He only does it with Cloud.

I am who I am
Damn, I don't remember shit 'bout Dart. Can someone refresh my memory?

ThunderGodEneru
He has nothing over Sephiroth.

There.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.