Agent Orange Gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manx422
Agent Orange runs GAUNLET
1 BRB
2 Dr Doom
3 Black Bolt
4 Kyle
5 Thor
6 Wolverine
7 Hulk
8 Silver Surfer
9 Superman
10 Thanos

Raoul
i'm closing this for now. agent orange still has too few appearences...

Raoul
reopened, as we've had a couple of issues with Agent Orange so far...

Harbinger
Clears it.

Warlord
Can he beat Thanos?

Plus why Wolverine is above Thor???

Slaanesh
base on his current showing..he can get to 10 easily..but i don't know if he can get past 10..

manx422
do not take order srsly
wolverine, doom, kyle r there 2 provide AO entertainment

vlaaad12345
Gets to 10 but still hasn't shown himself able to deal with thanos.

xJLxKing
Clear is with little difficulty.

Philosophía
Clears it.

Entity
Thanos is his only challenge here! IMO

The Scribe
Originally posted by Entity
Thanos is his only challenge here! IMO

No.

Just a big no to this thread. doh

SumOfAllFear
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Clear is with little difficulty.

illadelph12
Larfleeze would likely carjack the entire list.

ALEMASTER
aslong as he can absorb the prior characters in to his corps he shud be able to clear the it

theICONiac
They're ALL turned into Orange Lanterns

jwank

KuRuPT Thanosi
what are his feats that gives him the wins over Thanos, Thor or SS?

vlaaad12345
Idk about thanos but in regards to thor or ss....he was easily holding off multiple guardians and I think he killed one before and he easily killed several controllers which are guardian level beings.

Enyalus
Superman stops him.

occultdestroyer
Stops @ 9-10 dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
what are his feats that gives him the wins over Thanos, Thor or SS?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Agent Orange is extremely powerful but hasn't done anything to give him a definite win much less an easy win over Thor, Silver Surfer or Thanos.

cloud102
AO clears it. Not too sure about Thanos, though.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Agent Orange is extremely powerful but hasn't done anything to give him a definite win much less an easy win over Thor, Silver Surfer or Thanos.

The entire corps is at his disposal, the corpse which killed the controllers and is giving several guardians a fight.

Warlord
Originally posted by Enyalus
Superman stops him.

cause he's superman or cause he's 9th?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Warlord
cause he's superman or cause he's 9th?
I don't believe in numerology. So, because he's Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The entire corps is at his disposal, the corpse which killed the controllers and is giving several guardians a fight.

You mean the corps which are not much more than energy constructs, created by Agent Orange's ring?

Yea, seeing what Thor, Silver Surfer, and Thanos are capable in terms of energy absorption, manipulation etc. that doesn't impress to much.

What are the Guardian's and Controller's, best feats? They don't really impress me at all.

Kris Blaze
You mean the corps which are not much more than energy constructs, created by Agent Orange's ring?

Yea, seeing what Thor, Silver Surfer, and Thanos are capable in terms of energy absorption, manipulation etc. that doesn't impress to much.

What are the Guardian's and Controller's, best feats? They don't really impress me at all.

Energy constructs that absorb all sorts of energy. You think that lanterns aren't capable of absorbing energy themselves? Larfleeze is the avarice host, the idea that a couple of heralds are going to absorb the entire corps is ludicrous.

There are not a lot of incidents where Thanos absorbs any kind of energy either. Surfer can manipulate energy, this doesn't mean that he stands ANY chance in hell against Odin. He's facing off against a corps, not one person with a ring.

Enyalus
Amen to that.

Also, GL-esque constructs and Supermen have a history of not getting along with each other. I think Supes could punch through anything Larfleeze has to offer.

Kris Blaze
Also, GL-esque constructs and Supermen have a history of not getting along with each other. I think Supes could punch through anything Larfleeze has to offer.

facepalm

Enyalus
facepalm
Don't facepalm me!

facepalmfacepalm you!!

Kris Blaze
Don't facepalm me!

facepalmfacepalm you!!

No, son.

You've been here 6 months, you haven't even earned the rigth to REPLY to my posts uhuh

Enyalus
You've been here 6 months, you haven't even earned the rigth to REPLY to my posts uhuh
Ten months, viking boy. uhuh

Kris Blaze
Ten months, viking boy. uhuh

Maybe according to your heathen calender.

Enyalus
I don't really have a comeback for that. embarrasment

Rage.Of.Olympus
Energy constructs that absorb all sorts of energy. You think that lanterns aren't capable of absorbing energy themselves? Larfleeze is the avarice host, the idea that a couple of heralds are going to absorb the entire corps is ludicrous.

That's nice, but they haven't shown anything impressive to say they could absorb the level of power these beings could unleash.

They could, they just haven't shown, the ability to absorb the quantities, like say Thor has. Also plot is in play here, we have to take that into account.

Why exactly is it ridiculous? Thor has absorbed and redirected enough energy to destroy an entire Galaxy in the past, without to much trouble.

Why exactly would someone like Thor be able to absorb an entire corps made up of energy constructs?

There are not a lot of incidents where Thanos absorbs any kind of energy either. Surfer can manipulate energy, this doesn't mean that he stands ANY chance in hell against Odin. He's facing off against a corps, not one person with a ring.

Lack of feats don't mean lack of power. There aren't a lot but there are some. Did you just compare Agent Orange to Odin?

confused

An entire corps made of energy constructs.....

The likes of Thor alone absorbed enough energy to destroy an entire Galaxy.

xJLxKing
Yes, it was pretty much stated that they can absorb everything all attacks. The only thing they can't absorb are attacks from the blue ring. First of all, they aren't just constructs. They are replicates. They talk, they have a brain...etc. They even have rings of there own.

Again, that's not how it works. You have to prove that Odin, or Thor can even absorb construct that have a mind, a brain..etc. They haven't shown.

cloud102

The Controllers should impress you. They took out a team of GLC with a wave of their hand, created Sun-Eaters, which Parallax died to save the earth, and invented the Miracle Machine.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, it was pretty much stated that they can absorb everything all attacks. The only thing they can't absorb are attacks from the blue ring. First of all, they aren't just constructs. They are replicates. They talk, they have a brain...etc. They even have rings of there own.

Where was it stated that they can absorb anything and everything?

Just because they can absorb anything a Green Lantern throws at them through energy constructs doesn't mean, they can literally absorb all energy such as the Power Cosmic, magic etc.

Again, that's not how it works. You have to prove that Odin, or Thor can even absorb construct that have a mind, a brain..etc. They haven't shown.

It might have a minor personality but it's still an energy construct made of well, energy. That's why they were fading in and out as if they weren't really real.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
and invented the Miracle Machine.
A thousand years into the future....

...But, win anyway. 'Cause its you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Controllers should impress you. They took out a team of GLC with a wave of their hand, created Sun-Eaters, which Parallax died to save the earth, and invented the Miracle Machine.

I meant battle feats. I did forget about the Green Lantern feat though. That's a decent showing.

cloud102
A thousand years into the future....

...But, win anyway. 'Cause its you.

I was referring to Pre-Crisis Controllers. Yeah, I guess Post Crisis isn't til the future, but it's not the first time the Controllers have created tech like that. They're known for it.

If they have the power to contain many, many Sun-Eaters, I say they're impressive. And seeing AO tear through them like paper is more powerful than anything Surfer or Thor has done. To my knowledge.

Enyalus
If they have the power to contain many, many Sun-Eaters, I say they're impressive. And seeing AO tear through them like paper is more powerful than anything Surfer or Thor has done. To my knowledge.
Thor has prevented omniversal destruction by sheer strength and willpower. biscuits

cloud102
Then he really is Parallax level! wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has prevented omniversal destruction by sheer strength and willpower. biscuits

thumb up

cloud102
I still don't see Surfer or Thor defeating an entire corps, though. AO can possibly take them ALL on at the same time.

Enyalus
I still don't see Surfer or Thor defeating an entire corps, though. AO can possibly take them ALL on at the same time.
While I agree...

Thanos still mindrapes him FTW. uhuh

xJLxKing
What haven't they absorb?

Don't you think that the rings are the reason why they are alive?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What haven't they absorb?

The question is what have they absorbed besides Oan/Green Lantern energy.

Don't you think that the rings are the reason why they are alive?

What do you mean by this?

Are you saying that just because they have rings, the energy constructs are alive?

It was stated very clearly, that this energy constructs, constantly fade in and out as if they weren't real, and that's because they aren't. They aren't actually alive.

xJLxKing
They absorbed constructs which can like real things

They are real. They move, scream, talk, have emotions/greed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They absorbed constructs which can like real things

Ummm what?

First of all I don't get what you're saying and from what understanding I've got from this statement, this has nothing to do at all with what we are talking about.

They absorbed Green Lantern constructs which can be like real things?

How does that have anything to do with them being able to absorb any time of energy?

It was made pretty clear that they can't absorb all times of energy.

They are real. They move, scream, talk, have emotions/greed.

Dude, they clearly are not "real". This was made evidently clear in "Green Lantern #40 and Green Lantern #41".

They are simply energy constructs. Sophisticated energy constructs albeit but still energy constructs. Do you want me to post scans? That's why the fade in and out as if they aren't real, because they aren't, and that's why the don't give off any life readings etc. Hal Jordan can create constructs that can move, doesn't mean they are real. They don't have emotions, they simulate emotions in the form of greed.

I assume you've read the issues in question, so I cannot see how you can with a straight face, debate that these energy constructs are real. You're just being silly.

cloud102
They're real enough. Going toe to toe with multiple GL's.

Kris Blaze
Doesn't matter really, we saw that Thor was capable absorbing Marvel presence. Any energy-being. So regardless of sentience or not, Thor CAN absorb these guys. Surfer or Thanos however are still unknown.

Larfleeze's sovereignity should easily be able to override that or resist it though. This is avarice, he is the avatar of greed, nobody's going to be able to freaking STEAL or absorb his corps. People are also ignoring the immense changes Larfleeze could have on someone's personality. Not even Kyle Rayner could withstand Parallax' influence at the start.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They're real enough. Going toe to toe with multiple GL's.

Still energy constructs, meaning that with Mjolnir in hand, Thor can absorb them. Agent Orange isn't beating Thor with those energy constructs intended to be his Corps in my opinion.

cloud102
Still energy constructs, meaning that with Mjolnir in hand, Thor can absorb them. Agent Orange isn't beating Thor with those energy constructs intended to be his Corps in my opinion.

GL's can also absorb mass amounts of energy. Even magic. I wonder how they'll do against Orange Energy?

Rage.Of.Olympus
GL's can also absorb mass amounts of energy. Even magic. I wonder how they'll do against Orange Energy?

I've yet to see Green Lantern's absorb and contain the level of energy Thor has shown to be capable of doing. Don't compare them to Thor.

Also, I don't recall the Green Lanterns resorting to absorbing energy in the fight. As I recall, they kept on blasting the constructs, and using energy attacks, that kept on being absorbed.

cloud102
I've yet to see Green Lantern's absorb and contain the level of energy Thor has shown to be capable of doing. Don't compare them to Thor.

Also, I don't recall the Green Lanterns resorting to absorbing energy in the fight. As I recall, they kept on blasting the constructs, and using energy attacks, that kept on being absorbed.

There are plenty examples in the GLC respect thread of GL's absorbing and redirecting energy.

Never said they did this to the Orange Lanterns, just that they could as well. Check out Rebirth when they absorbed Parallax's entity fear energy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There are plenty examples in the GLC respect thread of GL's absorbing and redirecting energy.

I never said that they don't or can't absorb and redirect energy. I said that I've never seen them absorb, redirect, contain energy on the level Thor has.

Never said they did this to the Orange Lanterns, just that they could as well. Check out Rebirth when they absorbed Parallax's entity fear energy.

I never said, that you said, that they never used that tactic on the Orange Lanterns.

cloud102
I never said that they don't or can't absorb and redirect energy. I said that I've never seen them absorb, redirect, contain energy on the level Thor has.

I never said, that you said, that they never used that tactic on the Orange Lanterns.

Gotcha, but has an experienced GL shown limits on how much energy they can absorb?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gotcha, but has an experienced GL shown limits on how much energy they can absorb?

I'm not to sure. I could dig but I'm to lazy, but off the top of my head, I know that a Green Lantern Ring has shown limits in other situations.

xJLxKing
How is it clear that they can't absorb all times of energy. If anything it it's the opposite.

Since when can constructs talk, think, and move independently. It's energy that creates them. Even the guardians refer to them as orange lanterns. They disappear and appear because Agent Orange does so

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is it clear that they can't absorb all times of energy. If anything it it's the opposite.

Because Fatality as a Star Sapphire was able to blast them away and put the constructs down with her energy attacks.

So, as I said, it's been made rather clear that they can't absorb all types of energy. They just have an affinity at absorbing Oan energy it seems. The only other type of energy other than Oan that's been used against them, was shown to be effective.

Since when can constructs talk, think, and move independently. It's energy that creates them. Even the guardians refer to them as orange lanterns. They disappear and appear because Agent Orange does so

Do I have to post scans of it being stated that they are simply orange constructs, that are not alive, and flicker in and out as if they are not real, because they aren't?

xJLxKing
That wasn't a energy blast. A crystal is formed. You can't expect that all the different "emotional" rings have the same type of energy. Also, they don't just consume energy, it's probably their choice.
Can you show where it seems to be effective?

I never disputed that. I said, it AO who chooses that. Go read the preview of GL:43. The guardians admit that they are orange lanterns. They even talk and speak, and move on their own. Why? Because the ring replicates their DNA. Then they are given a ring. They flicker in and out because that's AO's choice.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^I'll continue this when I get back.

Also, does a comic count as evidence if it hasn't come out yet?

xJLxKing
^I'll continue this when I get back.

Also, does a comic count as evidence if it hasn't come out yet?
It does count.

Kris Blaze
I guess every time Thor is struck by an energy blast, it's evidence that he can't absorb it?

Like JLking said, they probably don't absorb everything automatically.

xJLxKing
I guess every time Thor is struck by an energy blast, it's evidence that he can't absorb it?

Like JLking said, they probably don't absorb everything automatically.
Excatly. They choose to.
In page 9 in GL: 41. The attack from the Lantern (purple) doesn't even look like energy. It looks like a special crystal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That wasn't a energy blast. A crystal is formed. You can't expect that all the different "emotional" rings have the same type of energy. Also, they don't just consume energy, it's probably their choice.
Can you show where it seems to be effective?

That's how Star Sapphires project their energy. They are create energy attacks that are crystal like in nature. Here you can see that her attack was effective on the Orange Lanterns.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_GLV44108.jpg

Just because they were shown to absorb Oan energy, doesn't mean they can absorb "all" energy. That's completely baseless until they have more showings.

I never disputed that. I said, it AO who chooses that. Go read the preview of GL:43. The guardians admit that they are orange lanterns. They even talk and speak, and move on their own. Why? Because the ring replicates their DNA. Then they are given a ring. They flicker in and out because that's AO's choice.

I just read the preview of "Green Lantern #42". The Guardians, called them Orange Lantern's but that doesn't change the fact that they are simply energy constructs that are not real. It was made very clear.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_GLV44106.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_GLV44107.jpg

Hal Jordan was battling Agent Orange on his own, and his Orange Lanterns, by creating his own constructs. They are just energy constructs, that take steal imprints of their victims. They just say "Mine", "Greed" and simply phrases like that. If you aren't disputing the fact that they are simple energy constructs, then exactly what is you're point, here? Are you just arguing for the simple sake of arguing?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_green-lantern-20090618023917557.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_green-lantern-20090618023920181.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_green-lantern-20090618023923009.jpg

Their rings duplicate D.N.A? They don't have any real form.

Kris Blaze
Like I said, what does it matter?

We don't assume that they will instantly absorb any kind of energy, they need to TRY and absorb it. Being struck by an energy attack doesn't mean you're not able to absorb it. If you're going to use that argument, it will harm your case against Thor much more than it harms the Orange Corps.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like I said, what does it matter?

We don't assume that they will instantly absorb any kind of energy, they need to TRY and absorb it. Being struck by an energy attack doesn't mean you're not able to absorb it. If you're going to use that argument, it will harm your case against Thor much more than it harms the Orange Corps.

We don't know either way to be honest.

My argument isn't that they can't absorb the Star Sapphires attacks, I'm simply disputing what he said, which was that the Orange Lanterns can absorb "all" energy. Which is utterly baseless in my opinion until we see more.

id369
Agent Orange clears it.

Wei Phoenix
Bump.

SevenShackles
agent orange..clears
pwnage from a distance? lol

iceman24567
That's how Star Sapphires project their energy. They are create energy attacks that are crystal like in nature. Here you can see that her attack was effective on the Orange Lanterns.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_GLV44108.jpg
That's because Star Sapphires crystals effect things linked to emotions in this case Avarice.

Board Walker
Could take the entire list simultaneously.

Parmaniac
stomps his way through the list

btw why is doom even in the list? srly without prep?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.