King Thor vs Anti-Monitor (SCW)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía

Enyalus
KT.

id369
Hard call.

A.M. was taking the guardians of the universe.

King Thor put down Desak w/Destroyer Armor.

leonheartmm
anti monitor

Enyalus
AM doesn't have anything he can put KT down with. AM wave? Mjolnir absorbs it. AM's armor can be busted apart, and Thor's been known to do so in the past. AM's also not fast enough to dodge an Odinforce Godblast, either.

leonheartmm
^mjolnir will absorb energy which raped a guardian merely by touch?

kgkg
Anti Monitor FTW

vlaaad12345
Why would he need to dodge it,last I checked AM was still good to go to fight after taking attacks from the entire guardians council and a galaxy destroyer,Kt is no galaxy destroyer.

Allankles
Thor better come in bobbing and weaving if he's going to take this, AM is the knock out artist here.

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonheartmm
^mjolnir will absorb energy which raped a guardian merely by touch?
Yes. Mjolnir can and has absorbed anti-matter in the past. Easily.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Why would he need to dodge it,last I checked AM was still good to go to fight after taking attacks from the entire guardians council and a galaxy destroyer,Kt is no galaxy destroyer.
Uh, his father was. And he's got the same power as his father does. And the Godblast has one-shot skyfathers before and nearly killed Galactus, so...

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yes. Mjolnir can and has absorbed anti-matter in the past. Easily.

but it isnt just ani matter, its ANTI MONITORS negetive energy. thor cand do shit to it.

Enyalus
It's anti-matter, dude. That's Anti-Monitor's energy.

vlaaad12345
Uh, his father was. And he's got the same power as his father does. And the Godblast has one-shot skyfathers before and nearly killed Galactus, so...
Thor isn't anywhere close to his father as odin himself pointed out hes a complete novice at using the Odinforce,what skyfather did the godblast take out exactly? not that it matters since to make a godblast strong enough to matter he would have to stand still and charge it which=him dying horribly.

Enyalus
Thor isn't anywhere close to his father as odin himself pointed out hes a complete novice at using the Odinforce,what skyfather did the godblast take out exactly?
The Dark Gods amalgam.

not that it matters since to make a godblast strong enough to matter he would have to stand still and charge it which=him dying horribly.
Because AM's gonna speedblitz him, right?

leonheartmm
It's anti-matter, dude. That's Anti-Monitor's energy.

wrong. anti monitors energy was the sum total of the anti matter universe and absorbing the total life force of uncountable other universes. it wasnt just ANTI MATTER that exists in the negetive zone etc. your making a ridiculous comparison here.

Enyalus
wrong. anti monitors energy was the sum total of the anti matter universe and

Which is anti-matter.

Now please stop. You can also cut out using his feats from COIE, since that isn't the version specified. It's like using PC Superman to debate a Supes match.

vlaaad12345
Can't say Ive ever heard of the dark gods amalgam and please tell me your not trying to say lol he can absorb some anti-matter so no matter how much the AM throws at him it won't matter...if you wanna show me KT actually destroying a galaxy go right ahead until then he doesn't have the offensive power to do it without standing still and charging which the AM is never going to give him the time to do.

Enyalus
Can't say Ive ever heard of the dark gods amalgam and please tell me your not trying to say lol he can absorb some anti-matter so no matter how much the AM throws at him it won't matter...
Perrikus, Adva, and one other Odin-level being whose name escapes me, combined.

Also, yeah, he can absorb at least a galaxy's worth of it...which is far more than AM ever showed during SCW. And even if he decided not to, it wouldn't kill him. Considering others survived the wave in that arc.

vlaaad12345
Feel free to provide scans of that then,and no one survived getting hit by the wave.

Enyalus
Feel free to provide scans of that then,and no one survived getting hit by the wave.
I'll spare your eyes the pain of having to look at it, because it was drawn by Romita Jr....

While not being hit with the wave itself, AM did land a direct energy blast on Yat and on Sorinak, and both survived. Yat multiple times. Without being Ion at the time. He started up the AM wave and it looked as though Prime was caught in it. Then afterwards all the heroes are fighting around him and the area around them all is completely white, indicating they're fighting in that anti-matter area, too. Prime also flies directly through his body, which is made up of anti-matter...

Endless Mike
Anti-Monitor - he was still stronger than any of the other SC members and required a bunch of plot devices to take down

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Anti-Monitor - he was still stronger than any of the other SC members and required a bunch of plot devices to take down

Guardians are plot devices?

Endless Mike
The War World was

leonheartmm
Which is anti-matter.

Now please stop. You can also cut out using his feats from COIE, since that isn't the version specified. It's like using PC Superman to debate a Supes match.

its anti matter, its anti energy, its anti space, its anti time, its anti life force of ever being in that universe, and on top or the monitor having absorbed countless positive matter universes, your comparison is bullshit.

Enyalus
its anti matter, its anti energy, its anti space, its anti time, its anti life force of ever being in that universe,
Wrong. The AM wave (which is what I initially was debating Mjolnir was capable of absorbing) converts dimensional energy into anti-matter. It is anti-matter. Pure and simple.

Sorinak survived his blasts. Yat survived his blasts. Prime survived AM's energies directly. Etc. KT will survive them, easily, even if he doesn't choose to absorb them.

and on top or the monitor having absorbed countless positive matter universes
Wrong again, considering that there are still 52 universes left, plus ones spun off by hypertime.

Moreover, this version of AM was nowhere near the full power of AM shown in COIE, and thats outright stated by the Guardians.

All of this was shown in GL 25, so please take your made up fantasies and go elsewhere.

Lord Feron

Wrong. The AM wave (which is what I initially was debating Mjolnir was capable of absorbing) converts dimensional energy into anti-matter. It is anti-matter. Pure and simple.

Sorinak survived his blasts. Yat survived his blasts. Prime survived AM's energies directly. Etc. KT will survive them, easily, even if he doesn't choose to absorb them.

Wrong again, considering that there are still 52 universes left, plus ones spun off by hypertime.

Moreover, this version of AM was nowhere near the full power of AM shown in COIE, and thats outright stated by the Guardians.

All of this was shown in GL 25, so please take your made up fantasies and go elsewhere.

this post pleases me cool

leonheartmm

thats wasnt a full am wave, anti matter can not be interchanged between dc and marvel since it has observably difference effects, and by your reasoning even a full powered anti monitor cudnt do anything to king thor! you fail. the energy of the anti monitor WHILE being depowered was enough to brutalise a guardian on contact. prime survived it because he is among the strongest beings in dc. and your completely wrong there, the 52 universes didnt exist before crisis on infinite earths and that is when the anti monitor had absorbed ocuntless positive universe. your trying to interpret the entirety of his power as based on anti matter reactions, then interpreting in marvel's terms which are obviously different then relating it to instances where mkolnir survived very much smaller onslaughts of anti matter. utterly ridiculous form of argumentation and you know it. anti monitor as a being is above most abstracts and even in his weakened for, he survived galaxy busting power and the onslaught of many. king thos has never done anything like that without PIS. king thor loses. deal with it.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Lord Feron
this post pleases me cool

hookers are meant to please

Enyalus
I'm not going to bother ripping that last post apart. And the line about 'and your completely wrong there, the 52 universes didnt exist before crisis on infinite earths and that is when the anti monitor had absorbed ocuntless positive universe' was extremely amusing, considering that was exactly my point.

King Thor wins at least 8/10.

OneDumbG0
thats wasnt a full am wave, anti matter can not be interchanged between dc and marvel since it has observably difference effects, and by your reasoning even a full powered anti monitor cudnt do anything to king thor! you fail. the energy of the anti monitor WHILE being depowered was enough to brutalise a guardian on contact. prime survived it because he is among the strongest beings in dc. and your completely wrong there, the 52 universes didnt exist before crisis on infinite earths and that is when the anti monitor had absorbed ocuntless positive universe. your trying to interpret the entirety of his power as based on anti matter reactions, then interpreting in marvel's terms which are obviously different then relating it to instances where mkolnir survived very much smaller onslaughts of anti matter. utterly ridiculous form of argumentation and you know it. anti monitor as a being is above most abstracts and even in his weakened for, he survived galaxy busting power and the onslaught of many. king thos has never done anything like that without PIS. king thor loses. deal with it. And Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor never demonstrated an ability to create an instantaneous full anti-matter wave. This is a fact. If Anti-Monitor's attacks and wave are not true anti-matter, which classic Thor has dealt with, then it is simply another form of energy which Mjolnir can absorb. He has absorbed the null energy of a bomb that would have destroyed a galaxy with Mjolnir.

This classic Thor feat conveniently matches the scope of the combined GL Corps feat who contained the anti-matter wave and a Milky Way busting Warworld detonation and then shunted it into the anti-matter universe. Now consider that this thread involves King Thor, who is wildly more powerful than classic Thor. King Thor should have even less trouble with either: (i) dealing with traditional anti-matter; or if it's not traditional anti-matter; then (ii) dealing with a massive amount of unspecified energy.

Is it worth it to try to characterize this unspecified energy and speculate as to whether it will give King Thor any problems? Mjolnir has never been restricted when it comes to exotic energies. And as far as what we do know of Anti-Monitor's energies: (i) Sodam Yat, a Daxamite with a GL ring, handled them fine pre-Ion upgrade; (ii) Superboy Prime wasn't even slowed down; and (iii) GL forcefields contained and shunted it away.

Only real question in this fight is whether King Thor could defeat Anti-Monitor by himself with the Odinforce. Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor did tank a lot of damage.

xJLxKing
AM wins. His attack was able to incinerate GL easily. His mere touch was corrupt and hurt(for a long time) a Guardian of the universe.

He was able to take the attack from the Guardian easily.

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
AM wins. His attack was able to incinerate GL easily.
It didn't incinerate Yat or Sorinak...

xJLxKing
It didn't incinerate Yat or Sorinak...
I don't remember them being there?

Enyalus
I don't remember them being there?

GLC #17. The issue before Prime fights Ion.

xJLxKing
GLC #17. The issue before Prime fights Ion.
He was barely breathing

Enyalus
He was barely breathing
He took two shots. And was alive. And didn't have the Ion Power upgrade there. And so was Sorinak.

King Thor's far beyond a Green Lantern.

xJLxKing
He took two shots. And was alive. And didn't have the Ion Power upgrade there. And so was Sorinak.

King Thor's far beyond a Green Lantern.
Don't you think it weird?? When he first took the hit, he was down for the count. No way was he going to get up, but the Guardians helped him up.

Enyalus
Don't you think it weird??
No. Because AM wasn't at full power during the SCW. So it makes perfect sense.

No way was he going to get up, but the Guardians helped him up.
erm Guardians didn't touch him. Or help him.

xJLxKing

No. Because AM wasn't at full power during the SCW. So it makes perfect sense.
No, what I mean is he is able to get hit while others just like him(if not stronger) get K.O.

No, but they did say something.

Mindset
AM from SCW sucked, deal with it.

Enyalus
No, what I mean is he is able to get hit while others just like him(if not stronger) get K.O.
He had a bit of exposure to the yellow sun, giving him some Superman-lite powers.

No, but they did say something.
!! eek! omigoshreally!?

Galan007
AM wave? Mjolnir absorbs it. Per AM, his anti-matter wave was capable of destroying every earth in the DC multiverse (and yes, I know it was halted due to all of the external variables.) My only point is that I'm hard-pressed to see Mjolnir absorbing energies on that level (especially anti-matter energies.) *shrug*

AM's also not fast enough to dodge an Odinforce Godblast, either. AM was taking a combined assault from all of the Guardians, simultaneously. And before you talk about how unimpressive the Guardians are, in that very same issue a single blast from one Guardian annihilated a handful of SC troops. Ohh and after that AM also endured a galaxy-busting explosion from ground zero. Could Mjolnir replicate that type of power?

AM did land a direct energy blast on Yat and on Sorinak, and both survived. Yat multiple times. Without being Ion at the time. Yet a mere touch from AM owned a Guardian? See where I'm going?

He started up the AM wave and it looked as though Prime was caught in it. Then afterwards all the heroes are fighting around him and the area around them all is completely white, indicating they're fighting in that anti-matter area, too. Going by what was stated on panel, even a fresh anti-matter wave was destroying every one/thing in it's path:
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=am1s.jpg

Prime also flies directly through his body, which is made up of anti-matter... That's Prime though. Do we need to start rambling off all of his other absurd feats as well?

Kris Blaze
Mjolnir flew straight through the destroy's beams unaffected.

vlaaad12345
I seem to remember the destroyers beams taking chunks out of it and I don't think destroyers beams equal an Antimatter wave.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor never demonstrated an ability to create an instantaneous full anti-matter wave. This is a fact. If Anti-Monitor's attacks and wave are not true anti-matter, which classic Thor has dealt with, then it is simply another form of energy which Mjolnir can absorb. He has absorbed the null energy of a bomb that would have destroyed a galaxy with Mjolnir.

This classic Thor feat conveniently matches the scope of the combined GL Corps feat who contained the anti-matter wave and a Milky Way busting Warworld detonation and then shunted it into the anti-matter universe. Now consider that this thread involves King Thor, who is wildly more powerful than classic Thor. King Thor should have even less trouble with either: (i) dealing with traditional anti-matter; or if it's not traditional anti-matter; then (ii) dealing with a massive amount of unspecified energy.

Is it worth it to try to characterize this unspecified energy and speculate as to whether it will give King Thor any problems? Mjolnir has never been restricted when it comes to exotic energies. And as far as what we do know of Anti-Monitor's energies: (i) Sodam Yat, a Daxamite with a GL ring, handled them fine pre-Ion upgrade; (ii) Superboy Prime wasn't even slowed down; and (iii) GL forcefields contained and shunted it away.

Only real question in this fight is whether King Thor could defeat Anti-Monitor by himself with the Odinforce. Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor did tank a lot of damage.

lets take a step back shall we, odin shaking a multiverse/destroying galaxies/king thor receiving galaxy destroying damage. the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST END AND RAREST FEATS OF THE SAID CHARACTERS THAT CAN BE FOUND, and considered classic examples of PIS. anti monitor, a being who regularly detroyes universes with ease and absrobs countless, a being beyond universal in scale. and his LOWEST end feats when he is WEAKENED are still compareable if not superior to the highest end PIS of those two. and sumhow, certain posters want to come to the conclusion that the enrgy which was at PIS low levels in recent time, which was still able to brutalise a guardian of the universe simply by mere touch and which has been known to destroy countless UNIVERSES in the past normal power levels, is sumhow easily dealt with because it can be interpreted to be solely anti matter and using MARVEL'S instead of the cannon DC's definition of it, fairly small amounts of said energy have been absorbed by mjolnir, therefore it goes to reason that current anti monitor can neither harm king thor, but will also be soundly BEATEN by king thor?!?!?!? am i the only one who thinks this is a ridiculously biased, unreasonable and fanboyish argument???

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Per AM, his anti-matter wave was capable of destroying every earth in the DC multiverse (and yes, I know it was halted due to all of the external variables.) My only point is that I'm hard-pressed to see Mjolnir absorbing energies on that level (especially anti-matter energies.) *shrug*
Yeah, capable of. By destroying that Earth, and the parallel earths associated with it. Presumably one-at-a-time, as he did in COIE. It isn't like the AM Wave = all of that power, all at once. Takes time. A lot of it, evidently. He doesn't have that kind of time against KT.

AM was taking a combined assault from all of the Guardians, simultaneously. And before you talk about how unimpressive the Guardians are, in that very same issue a single blast from one Guardian annihilated a handful of SC troops. Ohh and after that AM also endured a galaxy-busting explosion from ground zero. Could Mjolnir replicate that type of power?

The Guardians are nowhere near as physically powerful as KT is. They had to use energy blasts. KT doesn't. He cracks moons with just the aftershocks of his physical blows. And yes, I'd think even without Mjolnir, KT's energy blasts > a Guardians. A weakened King Thor's eye beams tore apart CA's vibranium shield. Godblasts from Classic Thor has nearly killed Galactus, one-shotted skyfathers, and BFR'd Ymir and Surtur at the same time. Outputting galaxy busting power via Mjolnir should be no problem as KT. Also, if AM does decide to blast him, there's always absorption to amplification for the serious hurting. stick out tongue

AM isn't built to beat KT. Slow and primarly using energy attacks to down opponents. KT matches up against him very well.

OneDumbG0
^ Disintegrating Cap's shield (which is not vibranium, but a combination of steel and vibranium) is a monumental feat by King Thor that reveals the potency of his attacks. But I'm not sure King Thor can bust out galaxy destroying attacks. It's not obvious IMHO. It's very arguable, but not obvious.Originally posted by leonheartmm
lets take a step back shall we, odin shaking a multiverse/destroying galaxies/king thor receiving galaxy destroying damage. the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST END AND RAREST FEATS OF THE SAID CHARACTERS THAT CAN BE FOUND, and considered classic examples of PIS. anti monitor, a being who regularly detroyes universes with ease and absrobs countless, a being beyond universal in scale. and his LOWEST end feats when he is WEAKENED are still compareable if not superior to the highest end PIS of those two.You're not stepping back, you're side-stepping. Classic Thor's highest end feat was to contain the explosion of a Life Bomb that would have destroyed 1/5th of the universe. In addition, King Thor exhibited power levels that were wildly beyond classic Thor levels. So to suggest that we're highballing, when any reliance on classic Thor's on-panel feat of absorbing galaxy-busting energies should be qualified against King Thor who proved to be wildly more powerful, is completely off-point. This isn't classic Thor. It's King Thor. In addition, you're relying on classic Anti-Monitor feats. This isn't classic Anti-Monitor. It's Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor.Originally posted by leonheartmm
and sumhow, certain posters want to come to the conclusion that the enrgy which was at PIS low levels in recent time, which was still able to brutalise a guardian of the universe simply by mere touch and which has been known to destroy countless UNIVERSES in the past normal power levels, is sumhow easily dealt with because it can be interpreted to be solely anti matter and using MARVEL'S instead of the cannon DC's definition of it, fairly small amounts of said energy have been absorbed by mjolnir, therefore it goes to reason that current anti monitor can neither harm king thor, but will also be soundly BEATEN by king thor?!?!?!? am i the only one who thinks this is a ridiculously biased, unreasonable and fanboyish argument??? No, you're projecting someone else's argument (and wrongly at that) onto my argument. Because whether or not Anti-Monitor's touch burned and scarred a Guardian, it did not kill a Daxamite with a GL ring. It did not slow down Superboy Prime. And the anti-matter wave was contained by a few dozen GL Corps members and shunted into the anti-matter universe. I am comparing what we know of Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor's attacks with King Thor's capabilities. You're obfuscating the debate by focusing on a tangent and comparing classic Anti-Monitor 's feats (rather than feats from Sinestro Corps War) against classic Thor.

Galan007
KT doesn't. He cracks moons with just the aftershocks of his physical blows. AM can crak teh moonz tu!!!:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/811/36817542fg0.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4429/32077803jz7.jpg

A weakened King Thor's eye beams tore apart CA's vibranium shield. Godblasts from Classic Thor has nearly killed Galactus, one-shotted skyfathers, and BFR'd Ymir and Surtur at the same time. Outputting galaxy busting power via Mjolnir should be no problem as KT. None of that equates to galaxy-busting potential.

Also, if AM does decide to blast him, there's always absorption to amplification for the serious hurting. Only if you're of the assumption that KT is capable of absorbing what AM can produce.

Allankles
You're all obsfucating the debate. Everyone agrees that AM isn't at COIE levles but his power wasn't retconed, he still possesses the power of a universe (at least). If we accept that high heralds like GL's (big bangs) and Thor (a fraction of a universal blast) can contain big blasts, what the GL's did to the anti-matter wave should be considered a high end feat for them.

I'm reading people say Thor can do a,b,c,d when 12 heralds (with an even better containment weapon) can do the same, it's not that big of a deal.

Overall AM doesn't need an antimatter wave to beat Thor and emo supes has PC level durability (any argument that settles on SBP is poor), the guy defies expectations. Sodam Yat got swatted away by AM, I have the GLC issue somewhere here, nothing more.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Allankles
You're all obsfucating the debate. Everyone agrees that AM isn't at COIE levles but his power wasn't retconed, he still possesses the power of a universe (at least). If we accept that high heralds like GL's (big bangs) and Thor (a fraction of a universal blast) can contain big blasts, what the GL's did to the anti-matter wave should be considered a high end feat for them.

I'm reading people say Thor can do a,b,c,d when 12 heralds (with an even better containment weapon) can do the same, it's not that big of a deal.

Overall AM doesn't need an antimatter wave to beat Thor and emo supes has PC level durability (any argument that settles on SBP is poor), the guy defies expectations. Sodam Yat got swatted away by AM, I have the GLC issue somewhere here, nothing more. COIE Anti-Monitor had already absorbed the power of an undisclosed amount of universes by the time we first see him. Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor had not. BIG difference.

GLs are not high heralds. Not even close. Kyle, while tapping into the Ion power, contained Imperiex, who wasn't planning on going Big Bang, at the same time that Braniac-13 was absorbing his energies. Context.

Classic Thor has better feats than any post-Crisis GL. And Ion feats don't count. And this is King Thor. Superman Prime does not have PC durability. Sodam Yat got knocked to the ground and kept getting back up immediately. A Daxamite with a GL ring. That should reveal how potent Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor's attacks are.

Enyalus
AM can crak teh moonz tu!!!:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/811/36817542fg0.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4429/32077803jz7.jpg

That's...nice. But COIE AM slamming PC Earth-Two Supes into the moon and cracking it slightly isn't the same as the aftershocks of someone's blows totally shattering the moon when they're fighting on Earth...like this:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_KT_moon1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_KT_moon2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_KT_moon3.jpg

None of that equates to galaxy-busting potential.
Okay.

Only if you're of the assumption that KT is capable of absorbing what AM can produce.
Thor can absorb anti-matter. Anti-Monitor produces anti-matter. The fact that it seems deadlier in the DCU can't have any bearing on this matchup. Because what else would we go by, except what Thor's already been shown to do?

xJLxKing
Next we going to hear that Thor can absorb a Universal destroyer wink

Mindset
That's as ridiculous as hearing you know what you're talking about.

Enyalus
Next we going to hear that Thor can absorb a Universal destroyer wink
Heh. Classic Thor's done that, going by your comparison.

He absorbed the energies of a Thanos clone who was amped to such a degree that he had enough power to wipe out all life in the...multiverse, I think. He didn't, of course. Because Thor stopped him. Just like SC AM didn't destroy any universes, because the heroes stopped him.

quanchi112
Thor better come in bobbing and weaving if he's going to take this, AM is the knock out artist here. How is he the knock out artist?Originally posted by leonheartmm
wrong. anti monitors energy was the sum total of the anti matter universe and absorbing the total life force of uncountable other universes. it wasnt just ANTI MATTER that exists in the negetive zone etc. your making a ridiculous comparison here. How can you be wrong every single time.....this is sc not coie.

OneDumbG0
Heh. Classic Thor's done that, going by your comparison.

He absorbed the energies of a Thanos clone who was amped to such a degree that he had enough power to wipe out all life in the...multiverse, I think. He didn't, of course. Because Thor stopped him. Just like SC AM didn't destroy any universes, because the heroes stopped him. I think that's... an inaccurate description of what happened.

Enyalus
I think that's... an inaccurate description of what happened.
I think calling SC AM a universe destroyer is an inaccurate description.

But, yeah, I agree.

quanchi112
AM wins. His attack was able to incinerate GL easily. His mere touch was corrupt and hurt(for a long time) a Guardian of the universe.

He was able to take the attack from the Guardian easily. And? He failed to put down Sodam Yat with two blasts. The guy while powerful isn't on the same level as King Thor. Originally posted by Enyalus

King Thor's far beyond a Green Lantern. King Thor would slaughter a shit ton of gl's.Originally posted by xJLxKing

No, but they did say something. Did you read it?

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
King Thor would slaughter a shit ton of gl's.
Until meeting up with Guy, who would combo to ko him.

quanchi112
Until meeting up with Guy, who would combo to ko him. Lies.

Enyalus
Lies.
The whole reason KT took over the Earth was to unite their firepower against Guy in the hopes of driving him back, who he was able to see coming into the Marvel Universe in one of his meditations.

All true. Takes place in the Unpublished Thor Annual #3.5: When the Gardner Strikes!

quanchi112
The whole reason KT took over the Earth was to unite their firepower against Guy in the hopes of driving him back, who he was able to see coming into the Marvel Universe in one of his meditations.

All true. Takes place in the Unpublished Thor Annual #3.5: When the Gardner Strikes! I always hated guy. Such a stupid character. I hope his bar goes outta business!!!!!

Enyalus
I always hated guy. Such a stupid character. I hope his bar goes outta business!!!!!
Well, if Mindset posts more in this thread, I'll change it to Kyle. 'Til then, its OneDumb and Guy.

wink

OneDumbG0
^ QFT. uhuh

psycho gundam
i just want to see king thor whack anti-monitor in the teeth.

Allankles
COIE Anti-Monitor had already absorbed the power of an undisclosed amount of universes by the time we first see him. Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor had not. BIG difference.

GLs are not high heralds. Not even close. Kyle, while tapping into the Ion power, contained Imperiex, who wasn't planning on going Big Bang, at the same time that Braniac-13 was absorbing his energies. Context.

Classic Thor has better feats than any post-Crisis GL. And Ion feats don't count. And this is King Thor. Superman Prime does not have PC durability. Sodam Yat got knocked to the ground and kept getting back up immediately. A Daxamite with a GL ring. That should reveal how potent Sinestro Corps War Anti-Monitor's attacks are.

GL's have better containment weapons, better shields and a limiting factor called willpower.

AM wasn't retconned, he lost considerable amounts of power after COIE but his exploits then were not retconned, he still draws energies from the anti-matter universe, he still has his powerset.

Basically, containing an anti-matter wave is a high end feat for GL's: perspective. If you can accept that one herald can achieve high end containment feats, then for the issue of impartiality this goes down as a high end feat for the GL's.

Yat was getting swatted around i.e. blunt force, and he had the benefit of stacking his durability (high subatomic density + bio aura + oan shields), the only reason (according the comic) he wasn't a puddle of blood.

As far as EmoSupes goes, he's a PC character with PC like toughness and strength, I'd say his durability is around PC Kryptonian levels.http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif

quanchi112
GL's have better containment weapons, better shields and a limiting factor called willpower.

AM wasn't retconned, he lost considerable amounts of power after COIE but his exploits then were not retconned, he still draws energies from the anti-matter universe, he still has his powerset.

Basically, containing an anti-matter wave is a high end feat for GL's: perspective. If you can accept that one herald can achieve high end containment feats, then for the issue of impartiality this goes down as a high end feat for the GL's.

Yat was getting swatted around i.e. blunt force, and he had the benefit of stacking his durability (high subatomic density + bio aura + oan shields), the only reason (according the comic) he wasn't a puddle of blood.

As far as EmoSupes goes, he's a PC character with PC like toughness and strength, I'd say his durability is around PC Kryptonian levels.http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif What does a retcon have to do with what he is telling you?

This Am wasn't at full power and was a cmplete joke compared to coie Am. Using coie feats is ridiculous as we saw what this Am was capable of.

Yat was a mere top tier and Am couldn't put him down with two blasts. King Thor beheaded the destroyer which means Am is in a whole lotta trouble.

Prime is above top tier, but he isn't precrisis imo.

Galan007
That's...nice. But COIE AM slamming PC Earth-Two Supes into the moon and cracking it slightly isn't the same as the aftershocks of someone's blows totally shattering the moon when they're fighting on Earth...like this: Pfft. That was just a b*tchslap, and it still cracked the moon. Obviously, if AM were actively fighting a character in his league, he could easily shatter teh moon.

Thor can absorb anti-matter. Anti-Monitor produces anti-matter. The fact that it seems deadlier in the DCU can't have any bearing on this matchup. Because what else would we go by, except what Thor's already been shown to do? What's KT's best anti-matter absorption feat?

Could said energy have destroyed a city? A continent? A world? A galaxy? A universe? What?

Kris Blaze
Pfft. That was just a b*tchslap, and it still cracked the moon. Obviously, if AM were actively fighting a character in his league, he could easily shatter teh moon.

What's KT's best anti-matter absorption feat?

Could said energy have destroyed a city? A continent? A world? A galaxy? A universe? What?

Thor usually creates it.

It's no different to him than any other kind of energy.

Galan007
M'kay, so what's his best 'general' feat with that specific type of energy?

Kris Blaze
M'kay, so what's his best 'general' feat with that specific type of energy?

I guess it would be attacking Mangog with it or using it against the celestials.

Galan007
Hmm. Well using anti-matter energy offensively against AM would be pointless anyway. Absorption is the only logical route KT would be able to travel, regarding that energy type. Imo (that's kind of why I was looking for some absorption feats.)

Kris Blaze
Hmm. Well using anti-matter energy offensively against AM would be pointless anyway. Absorption is the only logical route KT would be able to travel, regarding that energy type. Imo (that's kind of why I was looking for some absorption feats.)

I'm not saying he would attack the AM with it no expression

There's just no reason to assume it would be any problem for him to absorb it. Mjolnir absorbs anything, and in the hands of King Thor it's even more powerful than when used by Classic Thor.

OneDumbG0
GL's have better containment weapons, better shields and a limiting factor called willpower.No they don't. Post-Crisis GL's have no feats of containment greater than Mjolnir. And while willpower does limit what a GL ring can achieve, willpower can also exceed a GL ring's capabilities.Originally posted by Allankles
AM wasn't retconned, he lost considerable amounts of power after COIE but his exploits then were not retconned, he still draws energies from the anti-matter universe, he still has his powerset.He has his powerset, but not the level of power he had in Crisis on Infinite Earths since in that story he had absorbed the power of countless universes and in Sinestro Corps War he decidedly did not.Originally posted by Allankles
Basically, containing an anti-matter wave is a high end feat for GL's: perspective. If you can accept that one herald can achieve high end containment feats, then for the issue of impartiality this goes down as a high end feat for the GL's.I never suggested that the feat didn't count. The feat counts for several dozen GL's. They had the ability to contain galaxy busting energies. So does classic Thor. And this is King Thor, who is wildly more powerful.Originally posted by Allankles
Yat was getting swatted around i.e. blunt force, and he had the benefit of stacking his durability (high subatomic density + bio aura + oan shields), the only reason (according the comic) he wasn't a puddle of blood.No. Yat was getting blasted. Several times. He was never punched by Anti-Monitor. Not even once. Also, Soranik Natu was blasted and survived. Although it's quite reasonable to conclude that Sodam Yat lead the charge and may have borne the brunt.Originally posted by Allankles
As far as EmoSupes goes, he's a PC character with PC like toughness and strength, I'd say his durability is around PC Kryptonian levels.Superman Prime has no feats to suggest that he can sneeze away dead galaxies. And Bart Allen has drawn his blood with a speed-blitz.

Enyalus
Superman Prime has no feats to suggest that he can sneeze away dead galaxies.
Neither does PC Superman.

OneDumbG0
^ You're right. He sneezed away dead solar systems... stickler. uhuhOriginally posted by Kris Blaze
I guess it would be attacking Mangog with it or using it against the celestials. That's anti-force. Not anti-matter. I'm quite confident that they are different things. Thor has only shown the ability to generate anti-matter, manipulate it and Mjolnir is apparently immune to it. But considering that plasma energy shields generated by GLs can contain it and shunt it away, I don't see any reason why Mjolnir couldn't, especially when backed by King Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.