Thanos/Ganymede vs wonderwoman/ superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sharky137
thanos has the energy globe he stole from tyrant, and teamed with ganymede who would win?

guy222
not supes/diana

Enyalus
Team One, 10/10.

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

TricksterPriest
Team 2 has a shot. Ganymede is useless. And if they get the orb away from Thanos via superior speed, he'll be weaker.

Hell, all they need is to lasso Thanos and he's done.

Bouboumaster
Thanos soloes 10/10

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Team 2 has a shot. Ganymede is useless. And if they get the orb away from Thanos via superior speed, he'll be weaker.

Hell, all they need is to lasso Thanos and he's done. thanos would pistol whip them like he did tyrant.

TricksterPriest
Ahem. How can Thanos overcome the lasso if he gets roped? And for the love of god, I will demand scans if anyone says he's fast enough to not get roped.

psycho gundam
meh, diana and the other one both lasso'd prime and then slammed him into a bus when they tried to stop him. then he somehow got out of it, who knows, shit happens.

Kris Blaze
The orb contains knowledge, nothing more.

Thanos wins.

Nihilist
The orb contained cosmic energy from morg.

In cosmic powers #5 Tyrant tells morg "must i drain every vestige of energy from your body to teach you?".

Then in cosmic power #6 Thanos then asks "computer show the location of the contaiment device storing energy from the subject Morg"

imo it's how Thanos MAY have gained the Power cosmic.

quanchi112

Hell, all they need is to lasso Thanos and he's done. How do they break through his shields and lay a finger on. him?Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ahem. How can Thanos overcome the lasso if he gets roped? And for the love of god, I will demand scans if anyone says he's fast enough to not get roped. Shields. Pure force block, game over.

guy222
Team 1

zeel
WW is the only one that can stop thanos, and thats via her lasso i just dont see her getting it around him via his force fields. In a hand to hand fight thanos would just man handle theses 2.

thanos solos this he dont need help.

Enyalus
Team 2 has a shot. Ganymede is useless.
erm Ganymede is far from useless. Hell, she can probably split with Wonder Woman. Her combat speed is above Diana's and as far as travel speed/bullrush speeds, she was able to keep pace with Surfer through space. Plus she's had millenia of martial arts training.

Originally posted by Nihilist

In cosmic powers #5 Tyrant tells morg "must i drain every vestige of energy from your body to teach you?".

Then in cosmic power #6 Thanos then asks "computer show the location of the contaiment device storing energy from the subject Morg"
Tyrant also gives Morg back his Power Cosmic in CP #5 to deal with the heroes. This is one of my posts from another thread:
Originally posted by Enyalus
As usual, Kris was probably initially correct with the quoted statement. I went back through some things, and found a lot of strong evidence to support that not only did the orb not contain Morg's Power Cosmic (as CelestialDemon pointed out), but it didn't contain any power whatsoever besides knowledge. Evidence for this is pretty conclusive. First off, the event of Thanos stealing Tyrant's orb is mentioned here:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs0.jpg

Tyrant clearly has a lot of them...which Jakar and a few others steal. Take a look, because it seems like the same type of orb that Thanos stole:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs2.jpg

That being said...its explicitly referred to as a 'globe of knowledge' by multiple people. Nothing regarding a power amp is mentioned:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs5.jpg

And this interpretation fits in perfectly with what Thanos says afterwards when he's studying his own orb which he stole from Tyrant:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Morg_orb6.jpg

"I sought knowledge...because in knowledge there is power. From that knowledge arose a goal. And I have conquered that goal. Now I probe the spoils of my struggle...attempting to learn its secrets and gain more knowledge."

So...a reasonable argument could be made that Thanos took on Tyrant with his base power. And I think a lot of the textual evidence supports it.

Anywho...Team One every time, no sweat.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
erm Ganymede is far from useless. Hell, she can probably split with Wonder Woman. Her combat speed is above Diana's and as far as travel speed/bullrush speeds, she was able to keep pace with Surfer through space. Plus she's had millenia of martial arts training.

Tyrant also gives Morg back his Power Cosmic in CP #5 to deal with the heroes. This is one of my posts from another thread:

Anywho...Team One every time, no sweat. imo the orb must of had some sort of power/energy in it for Thanos to use it a weapon,unless he used the orb the same way as Odin did the Gungnir to channel/focus his energy.

Enyalus
imo the orb must of had some sort of power/energy in it for Thanos to use it a weapon.
Knowledge is power for Thanos. evil face

psycho gundam
thanos used the orb to fire a pinkish beam at tyrant twice, and pistol whipped him with it also. it didn't give him a strength/durability amp in anyway, it was just a reservoir of energy.

Kris Blaze

imo it's how Thanos MAY have gained the Power cosmic.

Different orb.

psycho gundam

imo it's how Thanos MAY have gained the Power cosmic. he doesn't have the power cosmic, but he can absorb/manipulate/project cosmic radiation. and he had that power since he was born.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he doesn't have the power cosmic, but he can absorb/manipulate/project cosmic radiation. and he had that power since he was born.
Thanos does have the Power Cosmic...

Nihilist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he doesn't have the power cosmic, but he can absorb/manipulate/project cosmic radiation. and he had that power since he was born. Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos does have the Power Cosmic... thumb up His clones used it during the Avengers (celestial quest arc).His clones have the same abilities he does, but when the PC is used it sends him insane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.