Gladiator vs WW Hulk (slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Kallark has full confidence and no radiaton weakness

Slugfest,only strength,durability,stamina

who wins.

Raoul
Hulk.

Harbinger
Unless Kallark can drop Hulk relatively quickly, he loses.

tkitna
WWH

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator.

guy222
WWH

chomperx9
gladiator

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator.

quanchi112
Gladiator. How?

LordofBrooklyn
Gladiator.

Gladiator nearly killed Hulk before if it wasn't for the Deus Ex Machina of a factory being nearby that had radiation Kallark was vulnerable to.

xJLxKing
Glad!

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Gladiator.

Gladiator nearly killed Hulk before if it wasn't for the Deus Ex Machina of a factory being nearby that had radiation Kallark was vulnerable to. False. Hulk dragged his body and placed it there. Hulk was in control before the plot device was used.

Enyalus
Doesn't matter. A couple of planet-destroying shots to the jaw and Hulk is in trouble. This is the same Hulk who was bleeding by taking hits from Thing and She-Hulk and stalemated by Sentry. FC Gladiator's striking power and durability are so far above those they aren't even worth mentioning.

StiltmanFTW
He was bleeding after Beast's kick, too...

Mindset
It's weird that the people who say Supes would win, give Hulk the win here, although Glad's isn't exactly Supes, still...

I'm looking at you Raoul uhuh

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
It's weird that the people who say Supes would win, give Hulk the win here, although Glad's isn't exactly Supes, still...

So true

Spire

I'm looking at you Raoul uhuh

It's the stips.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Kallark has full confidence and no radiaton weakness

Slugfest,only strength,durability,stamina

who wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Doesn't matter. A couple of planet-destroying shots to the jaw and Hulk is in trouble. This is the same Hulk who was bleeding by taking hits from Thing and She-Hulk and stalemated by Sentry. FC Gladiator's striking power and durability are so far above those they aren't even worth mentioning. Hulk beat up Gladiator before. Hulk really kicks the shit out of him at WW Hulk levels. It's just the way it is.

He was a walking moron at the time of their only fight and was much weaker and far less intelligent. Hulk stomps him.

Mindset
And what about those stipulations would be so different from a regular Supes vs. Hulk fight?

No flight?

Spire
Speed.

StiltmanFTW
Slugfest is slugfest. No flight, no speed, no heat vision, no freeze breath, etc. Just punches.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk beat up Gladiator before.
PIS.

And Gladiator wasn't fully confident then, either.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Slugfest is slugfest. No flight, no speed, no heat vision, no freeze breath, etc. Just punches. I doubt heat vision and freeze breath are what makes people pick Supes.

In a slugfest you can still use speed, unless they can only stand in one spot.

psycho gundam
hulk.

he'll heal from the first gladiator punch, and the anger from that pain will make hulk's punches after that increasingly powerful.

Mindset
It aint trickin if you got it

psycho gundam
damn straight

shokosugi
Hulk kills another Supes-wannabe

guy222
WWH takes it

james2099
Gladiator. One blitz and a planet busting punch to the face will send ANY hulk into outerspace and on his way pluto. It is so amazing how people would pick superman over ANY hulk, yet think that hulk can beat gladiator, when superman has NEVER wrecked a planet, moved at 100 times lightspeed, KOED thor without being too tired to stand ETC??? The same people give WW the win over any hulk, yet at the same time, give Gladiator the win over WW, then turn around and say hulk beats gladiator, yet supes and WW can blitz hulk FTW, yet gladiator is faster than both of them and hits harder???????? And to make it worse!!! they ALL agree that WW hangs with supes and takes his best shots!!! TRUE DC FANS INDEED!!

Spire
Originally posted by james2099
Gladiator. One blitz and a planet busting punch to the face will send ANY hulk into outerspace and on his way pluto. It is so amazing how people would pick superman over ANY hulk, yet think that hulk can beat gladiator, when superman has NEVER wrecked a planet, moved at 100 times lightspeed, KOED thor without being too tired to stand ETC??? The same people give WW the win over any hulk, yet at the same time, give Gladiator the win over WW, then turn around and say hulk beats gladiator, yet supes and WW can blitz hulk FTW, yet gladiator is faster than both of them and hits harder???????? And to make it worse!!! they ALL agree that WW hangs with supes and takes his best shots!!! TRUE DC FANS INDEED!!

God, you're sick.

If only you would actually read threads and made an effort to retain the information provided...

illadelph12
I'd take Gladiator personally. While WWH was impressive he never faced anyone on his level. It's easy, and expected, to dominate underlings. The only times he met someone comparable (repowered Juggernaut & Sentry) head up he:

1)side stepped one and won via bfr (Juggs)
2)burned himself out and reverted back to Banner (Sentry).

In a "Slugfest" with Gladiator, accounting Kallark's speed, Hulk may not land a clean game changing punch in a forum fight. I see this ending the same way Pacquiao Vs. Hatton did, with Hulk playing the role of Hatton.

quanchi112
PIS.

And Gladiator wasn't fully confident then, either. What was pis? How was the Gladiator not fully confident? Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd take Gladiator personally. While WWH was impressive he never faced anyone on his level. It's easy, and expected, to dominate underlings. The only times he met someone comparable (repowered Juggernaut & Sentry) head up he:

In a "Slugfest" with Gladiator, accounting Kallark's speed, Hulk may not land a clean game changing punch in a forum fight. I see this ending the same way Pacquiao Vs. Hatton did, with Hulk playing the role of Hatton. Hulk already showed he can compete with Kallark. This much stronger version of the Hulk beats the piss out of him.

james2099
Originally posted by Spire
God, you're sick.

If only you would actually read threads and made an effort to retain the information provided... If only you would get that kim possible, rambo, rocky and hero will be allowed to win curse out of your brain thing... By the way, wrestling is fake, so ray mysterio cannot really beat BIG SHOW wink

iceman24567
WW Hulk wasn't impressive i give Gladz a small majority if he uses his hand speed and doesn't take too much damage.

leonidas
Hulk already showed he can compete with Kallark. This much stronger version of the Hulk beats the piss out of him.

damn. we agree.

no expression

stick out tongue

james2099
What was pis? How was the Gladiator not fully confident? Hulk already showed he can compete with Kallark. This much stronger version of the Hulk beats the piss out of him. What would have happened if the writers would have decided to LET kallark win?? Can spiderman REALLY compete with firelord?? You knew FULL WELL that spiderman and hulk would win before you even opened the book. Just like this new comic about superman i just brought, I KNOW WHO WILL WIN, oh sure, supes will start out losing, then in the end, WIN. If hulk could compete with Glads, then why was the radiation needed?? Why did the writers have to use it?? Why did gladiator just punch hulk and then turn and dust himself off?? Why did the writers slow gladiator down when he tried to take hulk into space???, yet gladiator took supreme who is millions of times faster than hulk into space before he could react?? YOU GUESSED IT!!!!! The winner was picked by choice, not by power set and ability. Oh, by the way, superman just won wink

illadelph12
Hulk showed that, in a plot driven scenario where Gladiator uses the minimum of his abilities in the confrontation, he can hold his own long enough to miraculously find a nuclear reactor which just so happens to have Gladiator's weakness (which Hulk, miraculously, and inexplicably, is somehow aware of) within it. Those set of circumstances are not available to Hulk here on the forum.

In a forum battle scenario Hulk is outclassed due to being one dimensional and not being able to keep up with Kallark, who will not be receiving as much of a beating as the exponentially slower Hulk.

leonidas
meh. colossus held his own for an extended period of time against him. thor's done so multiple times. wwh>>colossus and >thor in sheer strength. wwh's healing factor would be plenty to deal with glads whose confidence would falter as it always does when he's challenged by someone who can match him. he tried the flying into space schtick on regular, talking hulk. if it didn't work then, it wouldn't this time. and while it's true hulk used a ridiculous reactor device, he STILL pummelled and DRAGGED glads around BEFORE stuffing him in there as the coup de grace. erm

and supreme gave glads a beating in that NON-CANON x-over. glads' best showing imo ever was his blitz against wonderman where he bascially piledrived him into the ground. but simon wasn't ko'd, just buried. wwh>>simon and his healing factor and durability>>>simon.

imo wwh takes this nearly everytime.

carver9
This is a good fight. Both character doesnt have a cap on there strength. Both have immense durability. 5/5 split and if they're going all out the planet that they're fighting on is completely destroyed.

Doom and Gloom

Glads is easily equal to Supes, and he beats WWH here

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
and supreme gave glads a beating in that NON-CANON x-over.
Not really. They were virtually even. On the planet, Gladiator had to hold back, and got his ass kicked. But he took the punishment with no problem, dragged Supreme into space faster than he could react, and proceeded to cut loose.

glads' best showing imo ever was his blitz against wonderman where he bascially piledrived him into the ground. but simon wasn't ko'd, just buried. wwh>>simon and his healing factor and durability>>>simon.
Uh, what about him dominating Masterson Thor in that same issue?

leonidas

Not really. They were virtually even. On the planet, Gladiator had to hold back, and got his ass kicked. But he took the punishment with no problem, dragged Supreme into space faster than he could react, and proceeded to cut loose.

no problem? glads was bloodied, had his uniform shredded and supreme had his hands around glad's throat and glads needed to gouge his eyes to break free. i wouldn't say he took it 'no problem'.

glads also used supreme's own momentum to take it to space and it's not like supreme tried to stop it. on the planet, they were far enough away for 'fair combat', according to glads. he even struck supreme once with next-to-no effect. it's off topic, so irrelevent, but glads was in a bad way twice in that book (though the second time could be construed to have been done intentionally, perhaps) and at no time was supreme in any jeopardy whatsoever. and you can say glads was holding back on the planet, but supreme also said he COULD or WOULD destroy the planet if he HAD to. that could be interpretted to mean HE was holding back as well.

masterson thor=NOT thor. gladiator HIMSELF has admitted thor is too powerful for him. that's good enough for me.

on topic, wwh wins this fight, imo.

Enyalus
masterson thor=NOT thor.
He still has all the power of Thor, just less experience. And I'm only pointing out that beating Masterson Thor (besides the Living Lightning PIS thing) seems to be > beating Wonder Man.

gladiator HIMSELF has admitted thor is too powerful for him. that's good enough for me.
When? Even a much older Gladiator beat normal Thor.

stick out tongue Nah.

carver9
no problem? glads was bloodied, had his uniform shredded and supreme had his hands around glad's throat and glads needed to gouge his eyes to break free. i wouldn't say he took it 'no problem'.

glads also used supreme's own momentum to take it to space and it's not like supreme tried to stop it. on the planet, they were far enough away for 'fair combat', according to glads. he even struck supreme once with next-to-no effect. it's off topic, so irrelevent, but glads was in a bad way twice in that book (though the second time could be construed to have been done intentionally, perhaps) and at no time was supreme in any jeopardy whatsoever. and you can say glads was holding back on the planet, but supreme also said he COULD or WOULD destroy the planet if he HAD to. that could be interpretted to mean HE was holding back as well.

masterson thor=NOT thor. gladiator HIMSELF has admitted thor is too powerful for him. that's good enough for me.

You do know that supreme is one of the most powerful versions of supermen. He is basically pre-crisis superman on steroids. Its a good showing for glad to even stand against him.

Kris Blaze

When? Even a much older Gladiator beat normal Thor.

Referring to the incident where Gladiator from the future got his ass kicked, admitted that he had failed his mission and that Thor was too strong?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Referring to the incident where Gladiator from the future got his ass kicked, admitted that he had failed his mission and that Thor was too strong?
No, I'm referring to two fights before that. You know, when he easy trashed Thor and then trashed Tarene. Then gets his ass kicked.

And even Thor's speed was amped to relativistic speeds by Reed's tech, he and Gladiator seemed at bare minimum equals.

Thor being 'too powerful' for Gladiator is wrong.

Kris Blaze
No, I'm referring to two fights before that. You know, when he easy trashed Thor and then trashed Tarene. Then gets his ass kicked.

In the end Gladiator lost.

Enyalus

eek! No way!?! Why'd you give away the ending like that, I haven't read it.

Mindset
laughing out loud

Kris Blaze
eek! No way!?! Why'd you give away the ending like that, I haven't read it.

ahah

Gladiator does need to win against Thor in order to beat WWH though.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by illadelph12

In a "Slugfest" with Gladiator, accounting Kallark's speed, Hulk may not land a clean game changing punch in a forum fight. I see this ending the same way Pacquiao Vs. Hatton did, with Hulk playing the role of Hatton.

thumb up

Hyperion Prime

He would have killed Thor if Tarene had not interfered. He would have killed Thor if the Enchantress would not have interefered. Thor owes his life to those two. If they didnt show.......I DARE ANYONE TO TELL ME THOR WOULD HAVE WON uhuh Go on I tripple Dog dare you. smile

james2099
meh. colossus held his own for an extended period of time against him. thor's done so multiple times. wwh>>colossus and >thor in sheer strength. wwh's healing factor would be plenty to deal with glads whose confidence would falter as it always does when he's challenged by someone who can match him. he tried the flying into space schtick on regular, talking hulk. if it didn't work then, it wouldn't this time. and while it's true hulk used a ridiculous reactor device, he STILL pummelled and DRAGGED glads around BEFORE stuffing him in there as the coup de grace. erm

and supreme gave glads a beating in that NON-CANON x-over. glads' best showing imo ever was his blitz against wonderman where he bascially piledrived him into the ground. but simon wasn't ko'd, just buried. wwh>>simon and his healing factor and durability>>>simon.

imo wwh takes this nearly everytime. Glad we are not using a pre-determined comicbook fight here wink .

tkitna
Thor would have won

What do I win?

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
You do know that supreme is one of the most powerful versions of supermen. He is basically pre-crisis superman on steroids. Its a good showing for glad to even stand against him.

Wasnt it said in that book that they could have fought for years before one of them would have won?

I have the book but dont feel like searching for it.

james2099
Originally posted by tkitna
Thor would have won

What do I win? An all expense paid trip to thors funeral if not for thorgirl stick out tongue

james2099
Wasnt it said in that book that they could have fought for years before one of them would have won?

I have the book but dont feel like searching for it. True, you are smart. Happy Dance

tkitna
An all expense paid trip to thors funeral if not for thorgirl stick out tongue

Sweet! Thanks man. big grin

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
He would have killed Thor if Tarene had not interfered. He would have killed Thor if the Enchantress would not have interefered. Thor owes his life to those two. If they didnt show.......I DARE ANYONE TO TELL ME THOR WOULD HAVE WON uhuh Go on I tripple Dog dare you. smile

Thor still had that silly 60 second shit going on.

carver9

I have the book but dont feel like searching for it.

It was also said that if the two continued to fight the solar system would have been destroyed.

leonidas
Glad we are not using a pre-determined comicbook fight here wink .

a 'pre-determined' comicbook fight? blink

you mean predetermined by . . . like . . . the WRITER?? surely you're not saying something as crazy as the WRITERS/EDITORS determined the outcome of that fight, are you??

jawdrop

damn . . . that almost NEVER happens . . . wink

leonidas

He still has all the power of Thor, just less experience. And I'm only pointing out that beating Masterson Thor (besides the Living Lightning PIS thing) seems to be > beating Wonder Man.

i'd actually disagree with that. masterson was pretty much a clown who had no real idea how to handle thor's power or use it to its fullest extent. he had moments throughout that run, but . . . masterson was beaten down by mongoose. no expression

simon had LOADS of experience and in terms of sheer physical power is nearly a match for thor.

this is the scene i was referring to:

http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorglads41dl.png

to be clear--i'm not saying gladiator at his best can't take thor, i just give thor at HIS best the solid majority.

sez you. stick out tongue

The Pict
Originally posted by Harbinger
Unless Kallark can drop Hulk relatively quickly, he loses.

That's the way I see it. He could drop him fairly quickly though.

LordofBrooklyn
False. Hulk dragged his body and placed it there. Hulk was in control before the plot device was used.

I don't remember that at all.

Didn't the Hulk have a massive hole in his chest from Gladiator's heat vision and he scrambled to the factory for cover?

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
WW Hulk wasn't impressive i give Gladz a small majority if he uses his hand speed and doesn't take too much damage. How wasn't he impressive?Originally posted by leonidas
damn. we agree.

no expression

stick out tongue I'm finally off ignore I see.Originally posted by james2099
What would have happened if the writers would have decided to LET kallark win?? Can spiderman REALLY compete with firelord?? You knew FULL WELL that spiderman and hulk would win before you even opened the book. Just like this new comic about superman i just brought, I KNOW WHO WILL WIN, oh sure, supes will start out losing, then in the end, WIN. If hulk could compete with Glads, then why was the radiation needed?? Why did the writers have to use it?? Why did gladiator just punch hulk and then turn and dust himself off?? Why did the writers slow gladiator down when he tried to take hulk into space???, yet gladiator took supreme who is millions of times faster than hulk into space before he could react?? YOU GUESSED IT!!!!! The winner was picked by choice, not by power set and ability. Oh, by the way, superman just won wink Hulk and Kallark is completely different from Spiderman and Firelord. I mean come on. You act like Hulk always beats Thor or any other hero he faces. Originally posted by illadelph12
Hulk showed that, in a plot driven scenario where Gladiator uses the minimum of his abilities in the confrontation, he can hold his own long enough to miraculously find a nuclear reactor which just so happens to have Gladiator's weakness (which Hulk, miraculously, and inexplicably, is somehow aware of) within it. Those set of circumstances are not available to Hulk here on the forum.

In a forum battle scenario Hulk is outclassed due to being one dimensional and not being able to keep up with Kallark, who will not be receiving as much of a beating as the exponentially slower Hulk. Not really. Hulk was more than holding his own before the reactor was brought into play. Hulk dragged him.

It's in character for Glads to use his speed some of the time, but for the most part he doesn't keep pressing his opponent. WW Hulk takes everything Glads dishes out and wrecks him imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
That's the way I see it. He could drop him fairly quickly though. If you read WW Hulk how can you assume he drops him quickly?
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I don't remember that at all.

Didn't the Hulk have a massive hole in his chest from Gladiator's heat vision and he scrambled to the factory for cover? Yes, he did. A much weaker Hulk was supposedly almost killed by his heat vision. Hulk countered and whipped his ass. This is a smarter, stronger Hulk.

Spire
If only you would get that kim possible, rambo, rocky and hero will be allowed to win curse out of your brain thing... By the way, wrestling is fake, so ray mysterio cannot really beat BIG SHOW wink

Did you forget to change the battery in your head again?

Bouboumaster
Hulk

WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator for the majority as he is much stronger.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

wut

kgkg
http://legacy.resublimity.net/leeman/3.2/facepalm.jpg

leonidas
I'm finally off ignore I see.

i'm not sure you ever actually WERE. if you were, it was for like, a day. i can never hold a grudge. smile

and i was wondering when you were gonna chime in kg. laughing out loud

leonidas

confused

james2099
a 'pre-determined' comicbook fight? blink

you mean predetermined by . . . like . . . the WRITER?? surely you're not saying something as crazy as the WRITERS/EDITORS determined the outcome of that fight, are you??

jawdrop

damn . . . that almost NEVER happens . . . wink No, i mean that if we go by comicbook battles, then spiderman wins over firelord... cannonball wins over gladiator..... storm wins over WonderWoman ETC... Now start a thread about each of those battles and i want you to use the comicbook outcome to say that storm, cannonball and spiderman would beat gladiator, firelord and WonderWoman and watch how fast it gets closed wink

quanchi112
Gladiator for the majority as he is much stronger. How is he stronger?Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure you ever actually WERE. if you were, it was for like, a day. i can never hold a grudge. smile

and i was wondering when you were gonna chime in kg. laughing out loud I don't think you responded since that day though. That was a long time ago.

CATMANEXE
WWHulk? thunderclap right one the ears like last time.
PIS? worked for Blackbolt too.

leonidas
No, i mean that if we go by comicbook battles, then spiderman wins over firelord... cannonball wins over gladiator..... storm wins over WonderWoman ETC... Now start a thread about each of those battles and i want you to use the comicbook outcome to say that storm, cannonball and spiderman would beat gladiator, firelord and WonderWoman and watch how fast it gets closed wink

so, let me get this straight--you're saying that hulk--a character who has more strength feats and more high end feats than nearly any marvel character--beating gladiator--a character who is among the most INCONSISTENTLY portrayed characters in marvel, who has been pushed by COLOSSUS--is in the same class as spidey beating firelord? blink

hmmmm . . .

you wanna claim hulk beating glads was pis, that's your perogative. looking back at hulk's past records against charaters like thor, juggernaut, hercules, black bolt, the x-men, etc . . . i don't find it difficult to believe in the slightest.

spidey's past record against heralds--a little more sketchy . . .

leonidas
I don't think you responded since that day though. That was a long time ago.

meh. i was gone for a couple months AND it seems to me you've become a better debater, more open to others' opinions. i think that's cool. thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
confused

Yeah, eat that. What? You don't like it?

kgkg
Originally posted by carver9
You do know that supreme is one of the most powerful versions of supermen No.

james2099
so, let me get this straight--you're saying that hulk--a character who has more strength feats and more high end feats than nearly any marvel character--beating gladiator--a character who is among the most INCONSISTENTLY portrayed characters in marvel, who has been pushed by COLOSSUS--is in the same class as spidey beating firelord? blink

hmmmm . . .

you wanna claim hulk beating glads was pis, that's your perogative. looking back at hulk's past records against charaters like thor, juggernaut, hercules, black bolt, the x-men, etc . . . i don't find it difficult to believe in the slightest.

spidey's past record against heralds--a little more sketchy . . . No, what i am saying is that if you base the outcome of a fight using a comicbook that the writers decide who will win is no-good. There is no way in hell that any hulk will beat the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, Gladiator, WonderWoman, Supreme and other multiply powered character... Everytime Marvel sends hulk head first to DC, Superman sends him back feet first.... I can write a book about an Altima outrunning a corvette all day... but if i put them on a track, the vette wins every time.... Hulk does not have the powerset to compete with any of the ones i named, he will NEVER see them on KMC... In the comics, he will tag them to make a story and sell books... Whats to stop gladiator, superman or supreme from hovering over hulk and roasting him??? The writers......... It is WELL within any i named to put hulk into orbit without ever being hit.... That would be boring in the comics, but on here, the fighters are peak and will use every bit of their powerset to win, be it BFR, roasting from a distance or near lightspeed space trip.

james2099
How is he stronger? I don't think you responded since that day though. That was a long time ago. Name anything that any hulk has lifted that Gladiator could not?? Then try it in reverse.

leonidas
No, what i am saying is that if you base the outcome of a fight using a comicbook that the writers decide who will win is no-good. There is no way in hell that any hulk will beat the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, Gladiator, WonderWoman, Supreme and other multiply powered character... Everytime Marvel sends hulk head first to DC, Superman sends him back feet first.... I can write a book about an Altima outrunning a corvette all day... but if i put them on a track, the vette wins every time.... Hulk does not have the powerset to compete with any of the ones i named, he will NEVER see them on KMC... In the comics, he will tag them to make a story and sell books... Whats to stop gladiator, superman or supreme from hovering over hulk and roasting him??? The writers......... It is WELL within any i named to put hulk into orbit without ever being hit.... That would be boring in the comics, but on here, the fighters are peak and will use every bit of their powerset to win, be it BFR, roasting from a distance or near lightspeed space trip.

glads tried speed in the first fight, never made it to space. he tried vision and burned a hole in hulk but his healing factor is too good.

scream pis all you'd like though, in general, when someone cries pis, my work is finished. wink

kgkg

I have the book but dont feel like searching for it. Yes Gladiator said that they are to evenly matched and that a direct battled could last for years. The only reason why Supreme has a better start was that he was more on the offensive side, while Gladiator was trying to save people. When he realized that the battle can destroy Gladiator was serious while Supreme was going all out.

As for those claiming Supreme owned him is hardly the truth when Gladiator took him to space they were pretty much even.

james2099
glads tried speed in the first fight, never made it to space. he tried vision and burned a hole in hulk but his healing factor is too good.

scream pis all you'd like though, in general, when someone cries pis, my work is finished. wink All that happened in a CONTROLLED comic??? WOW!!! Tell me this, how did WWH lose in the comics?? What way did the writers HAVE him lose?

kgkg
Hulk has always done well with speedsters that have many other powers as well. But Why do some people claim that Hulk can beat "said" characters because he has done so in comics. In other Vs matches against other characters he gets Speed blitz and he is to slow to hit the other characters.

For example In the thread called Flash vs Hulk - You will have over 90% of this forum claiming Hulk won't touch Flash.

People should stick with one story. Hulk will always hit Superman "like" characters in comic no matter how fast they are.

That said
Full Confidence Gladiator wins.

In an actual comic story and how WWH was portrayed I don't see many characters beating that Hulk in a slugfest including Gladiator

Hyperion Prime
Thor still had that silly 60 second shit going on.

Not Gladiators problem!!!!! He should not have let Gladiator kick the hammer out of hand!!!!! big grin

Hyperion Prime

scream pis all you'd like though, in general, when someone cries pis, my work is finished. wink

By rights Gladiator should be able to burn Hulk to the bone almost instantly. His heat vision is as hot as the sun. Hulk is not in the same class as Super Man, Surfer, Wonder Woman and even Thor.

Hulk is strong, but he is in with people like Hurcules etc. Hulks like of flight hurt him.

quanchi112
meh. i was gone for a couple months AND it seems to me you've become a better debater, more open to others' opinions. i think that's cool. thumb up I'm still stubborn as hell. Just go ahead and disagree with me I dare you. stick out tongue Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, eat that. What? You don't like it? laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
How?

How?

I would believe knocking the Hulk out would do the trick.

A non jobbing Gladiator, can collapse Stars, pulverize planets, has practically limitless strength, is durable and powerful enough to contain a Supernova (As I recall), has surprising amazing combat speed etc. and I do not recall it being stated that those are the limits of his power. At Full Confidence, if that is possible, Gladiator would be nigh unstoppable. A bonus is that unlike the Sentry, Gladiator has no human form too turn into.

Gladiator doesn't have to be at Full Confidence to win this fight. Although he is, and I believe he has sufficient power to win.

quanchi112
How?

I would believe knocking the Hulk out would do the trick.

A non jobbing Gladiator, can collapse Stars, pulverize planets, has practically limitless strength, is durable and powerful enough to contain a Supernova (As I recall), has surprising amazing combat speed etc. and I do not recall it being stated that those are the limits of his power. At Full Confidence, if that is possible, Gladiator would be nigh unstoppable. A bonus is that unlike the Sentry, Gladiator has no human form too turn into.

Gladiator doesn't have to be at Full Confidence to win this fight. Although he is, and I believe he has sufficient power to win. Are you from cbr? You seem to debate like someone from cbr.

Glads had his chance against a much weaker, dumber Hulk and couldn't do the trick. Glads didn't job in the arc either.

His feats are impressive, but then again so are the Hulk's. We also don't ignore matchups of certain characters to sell a victory.

Gladiator can and has been stopped time and time again.

This Hulk easily healed from a broken neck almost instantly when his full powers returned. Glads isn't knocking this Hulk out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Are you from cbr? You seem to debate like someone from cbr.

Glads had his chance against a much weaker, dumber Hulk and couldn't do the trick. Glads didn't job in the arc either.

His feats are impressive, but then again so are the Hulk's. We also don't ignore matchups of certain characters to sell a victory.

Gladiator is very stoppable.

This Hulk easily healed from a broken neck almost instantly when his full powers returned. Glads isn't knocking this Hulk out.

What is "cbr"?

Did I not say a non jobbing Gladiator?

He isn't jobbing here like he clearly jobbed in that fight with Hulk.

His power fluctuates a lot. He goes from just above Colossus, to a Hulk level being, to an unstoppable force. Most toss it up to his confidence level which I find is just a convenient excuse for writers to job Gladiator.

We are using, the characters at their optimum, which was World War Hulk against Sentry and Gladiator at the impressive levels we have seen him.

A non jobbing Gladiator, has practically limitless strength, and would be nigh unstoppable.

So he has an amazing healing factor. That doesn't mean he can't be knocked out. Sentry stalemated him, and satellites put down World Breaker Hulk. His durability isn't impressive at all it's his healing factor. Sufficient force can obviously put him down, and Gladiator can collapse Stars etc.

People believe Superman can put him down, and Sentry stalemated him, but that level of strength can't put him down?

Whatever....

quanchi112
What is "cbr"?

Did I not say a non jobbing Gladiator?

He isn't jobbing here like he clearly jobbed in that fight with Hulk.

His power fluctuates a lot. He goes from just above Colossus, to a Hulk level being, to an unstoppable force. Most toss it up to his confidence level which I find is just a convenient excuse for writers to job Gladiator.

We are using, the characters at their optimum, which was World War Hulk against Sentry and Gladiator at the impressive levels we have seen him.

A non jobbing Gladiator, has practically limitless strength, and would be nigh unstoppable.

So he has an amazing healing factor. That doesn't mean he can't be knocked out. Sentry stalemated him, and satellites put down World Breaker Hulk. His durability isn't impressive at all it's his healing factor. Sufficient force can obviously put him down, and Gladiator can collapse Stars etc.

People believe Superman can put him down, and Sentry stalemated him, but that level of strength can't put him down?

Whatever.... He didn't job at all. he tried bfring him, but that didn't work. Glads tried hving his heart, but that didn't work either.

Hulk has limitless strength not Gladiator. He has a cap while the Hulk's cap depends on his anger.

Sentry unleashed his power like never before and that didn't beat him. Sentry not holding back embarrassed Terrax and was stalemating genis.

I don't think any of these guys can put him down due to hitting them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He didn't job at all. he tried bfring him, but that didn't work. Glads tried hving his heart, but that didn't work either.

Hulk has limitless strength not Gladiator. He has a cap while the Hulk's cap depends on his anger.

Sentry unleashed his power like never before and that didn't beat him. Sentry not holding back embarrassed Terrax and was stalemating genis.

I don't think any of these guys can put him down due to hitting them.

He wasn't jobbing in the fight with Hulk?

Are you serious?

His speed, strength, durability, heat vision, were clearly not at the levels he has shown they can be and he was jobbing. That's just how the way Gladiator's power fluctuates. It's blamed on his confidence.

Hulk has potential for near limitless strength, but apparently so does Gladiator. Who says he has a cap? We've seen his strength sky rocket at times. It really is based on his believe and confidence. It might be his greatest weakness but it's also his greatest strength as his power is nigh limitless as a result. It's as if, as long as he believes, and is confident, he can achieve his goals. It's just unlike Hulk, Gladiator has a smaller ladder to climb.

Sentry unleashing his raw strength, stalemated World War Hulk. Sentry stalemating Photon, and stomping Terrax (Which doesn't really matter as Terrax is a jobber and he didn't even have his original Axe as I recall.) to an extent, doesn't really reflect on Hulk at all. Like Gladiator, Sentry's power fluctuates greatly from story to story as well, because like Gladiator he has a convenient plot device that can explain the fluctuation. His mental stability.

You might not think they can put him down, by hitting him for some reason, but I like a lot of people do, as we have seen even his strongest incarnation, World Breaker Hulk can be put down if sufficient force is exerted. He isn't incredibly durable, he just heals fast.

quanchi112
He wasn't jobbing in the fight with Hulk?

Are you serious?

His speed, strength, durability, heat vision, were clearly not at the levels he has shown they can be and he was jobbing. That's just how the way Gladiator's power fluctuates. It's blamed on his confidence.

Hulk has potential for near limitless strength, but apparently so does Gladiator. Who says he has a cap? We've seen his strength sky rocket at times. It really is based on his believe and confidence. It might be his greatest weakness but it's also his greatest strength as his power is nigh limitless as a result. It's as if, as long as he believes, and is confident, he can achieve his goals. It's just unlike Hulk, Gladiator has a smaller ladder to climb.

Sentry unleashing his raw strength, stalemated World War Hulk. Sentry stalemating Photon, and stomping Terrax (Which doesn't really matter as Terrax is a jobber and he didn't even have his original Axe as I recall.) to an extent, doesn't really reflect on Hulk at all. Like Gladiator, Sentry's power fluctuates greatly from story to story as well, because like Gladiator he has a convenient plot device that can explain the fluctuation. His mental stability.

You might not think they can put him down, by hitting him for some reason, but I like a lot of people do, as we have seen even his strongest incarnation, World Breaker Hulk can be put down if sufficient force is exerted. He isn't incredibly durable, he just heals fast. No, he wasn't. he just flat out lost.

When he has hv ever looked more impressive when it hit someone?

When was his confidence ever brought up in this issue? Scans?

Dude, I have seen Masterson Thor get the better of Glads before so please don't act like this guy is so above Hulk let alone in the same league as WW Hulk. Hulk beat Glads anyways. You can ignore the comics, but at the end of the day they support my views and not yours.

WB was defeated by a plot device. He also wanted to be put down. erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, he wasn't. he just flat out lost.

When he has hv ever looked more impressive when it hit someone?

When was his confidence ever brought up in this issue? Scans?

Dude, I have seen Masterson Thor get the better of Glads before so please don't act like this guy is so above Hulk let alone in the same league as WW Hulk. Hulk beat Glads anyways. You can ignore the comics, but at the end of the day they support my views and not yours.

WB was defeated by a plot device. He also wanted to be put down. erm

Yes he lost, because he wasn't operating at levels below what he has shown. He jobbed.

Have you not been reading my posts?

I clearly said, Gladiator fluctuates a lot in terms of power. Masterson and his PIS living lightning stunt, doesn't change that Gladiator jobs and loses because his power fluctuates a lot.

What is wrong with you?

He can pulverize planets, collapse Stars, contain a Supernova without a singed here, move over a hundred times faster than light, and do all these not at his limit or close to it, from what I've seen, and you're telling me he isn't even on the level of World War Hulk when the likes of Sentry stalemated him, and a bunch of satellites put him down (Just wanting to be put down, doesn't decrease his durability or healing factor as I understnad.)etc.

You just don't get it. We use characters at Full Capacity on these boards, and we don't use jobbing and PIS showings. Based on those rules, Gladiator can collapse Stars, meaning he has more than the sufficient strength, to put down World War Hulk.

I'm done with this. Not going to waste my time with you anymore.

quanchi112
Yes he lost, because he wasn't operating at levels below what he has shown. He jobbed.

Have you not been reading my posts?

I clearly said, Gladiator fluctuates a lot in terms of power. Masterson and his PIS living lightning stunt, doesn't change that Gladiator jobs and loses because his power fluctuates a lot.

What is wrong with you?

He can pulverize planets, collapse Stars, contain a Supernova without a singed here, move over a hundred times faster than light, and do all these not at his limit or close to it, from what I've seen, and you're telling me he isn't even on the level of World War Hulk when the likes of Sentry stalemated him, and a bunch of satellites put him down (Just wanting to be put down, doesn't decrease his durability or healing factor as I understnad.)etc.

You just don't get it. We use characters at Full Capacity on these boards, and we don't use jobbing and PIS showings. Based on those rules, Gladiator can collapse Stars, meaning he has more than the sufficient strength, to put down World War Hulk.

I'm done with this. Not going to waste my time with you anymore. So concession accepted on his confidence being an issue in the Hulk annual. I read it and knew it anyways.

His confidence is an issue only when it is mentioned as an issue.

I'm just saying any way you look at it Hulk wins.

He is stronger, his power grows with rage, his healing ability is off the charts, he has beaten Glads before, etc.

Sure, he has impressive feats but WW Hulk took on an all out Sentry who while holding back also creamed a planet smasher known as Terrax.

You seem obsessed with his feats while turning a blind eye to their confrontation.

Glads was at full capacity when battling the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So concession accepted on his confidence being an issue in the Hulk annual. I read it and knew it anyways.

His confidence is an issue only when it is mentioned as an issue.

I'm just saying any way you look at it Hulk wins.

He is stronger, his power grows with rage, his healing ability is off the charts, he has beaten Glads before, etc.

Sure, he has impressive feats but WW Hulk took on an all out Sentry who while holding back also creamed a planet smasher known as Terrax.

You seem obsessed with his feats while turning a blind eye to their confrontation.

Glads was at full capacity when battling the Hulk.

His confidence is only an issue when mentioned?

It doesn't have to be mentioned because it's obviously always an issue. It's always in play. When Colossus stalemated and Gladiator won painfully, his confidence wasn't mentioned, but it was obviously in play. That's what they use to explain all of Gladiator's jobbing.

There is no concession. It's just plain obvious, to the point I let it go.

Again you use Sentry. Sentry fluctuates just as much as Gladiator does. That's why it's faulty to use Sentry as a comparison in my opinion. He goes from failing to stop a Hellicarrier, to stalemating World War Hulk to stomping Terrax. Either way, stomping Terrax is no big deal, seeing how much of a jobber he is, and his connection to the planets is the greatest reason for some of his higher power out putting feats than anything else. Terrax jobbed to Sentry, which isn't a big deal at all.

Hulk stronger? He has a long way to go, before that happens. Gladiator can collapse Stars with his bare strength. If Superman ever did that, he would be considered a God even more so than he is now and be said to reach Silver Age levels.

I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm simply using him at his peak like we should, while you keep bringing up a showing where he jobbed and was obviously not at peak levels or anywhere close.

Can you actually say with a straight face, that Gladiator who fought Hulk could collapse Stars, contain a Supernova etc?

I give up. You're hopeless.

quanchi112
His confidence is only an issue when mentioned?

It doesn't have to be mentioned because it's obviously always an issue. It's always in play. When Colossus stalemated and Gladiator won painfully, his confidence wasn't mentioned, but it was obviously in play. That's what they use to explain all of Gladiator's jobbing.

There is no concession. It's just plain obvious, to the point I let it go.

Again you use Sentry. Sentry fluctuates just as much as Gladiator does. That's why it's faulty to use Sentry as a comparison in my opinion. He goes from failing to stop a Hellicarrier, to stalemating World War Hulk to stomping Terrax. Either way, stomping Terrax is no big deal, seeing how much of a jobber he is, and his connection to the planets is the greatest reason for some of his higher power out putting feats than anything else. Terrax jobbed to Sentry, which isn't a big deal at all.

Hulk stronger? He has a long way to go, before that happens. Gladiator can collapse Stars with his bare strength. If Superman ever did that, he would be considered a God even more so than he is now and be said to reach Silver Age levels.

I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm simply using him at his peak like we should, while you keep bringing up a showing where he jobbed and was obviously not at peak levels or anywhere close.

Can you actually say with a straight face, that Gladiator who fought Hulk could collapse Stars, contain a Supernova etc?

I give up. You're hopeless. Gladiator and colossus is completely different. Glads wasn't jobbing he lost. he fought with intelligence and with a sense of bloodlust. It wasn't enough.

Sentry went all out. Sure, his power fluctuates but they made it a point to say he unleashed more power than ever before.

The point is just because you destroy a planet that in and of itself isn't a valid reason to dismiss their only encounter in comics and justify Glads somehow winning based purely on that and that alone.

This is WW Hulk so at his base levels he is much stronger imo. Hulk kinda showed his strength off against Glads already at much weaker levels.

You are basing this off of feats. Can't you see that you're wrong?

skyfather
Gladiator.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator and colossus is completely different. Glads wasn't jobbing he lost. he fought with intelligence and with a sense of bloodlust. It wasn't enough.

Sentry went all out. Sure, his power fluctuates but they made it a point to say he unleashed more power than ever before.

The point is just because you destroy a planet that in and of itself isn't a valid reason to dismiss their only encounter in comics and justify Glads somehow winning based purely on that and that alone.

This is WW Hulk so at his base levels he is much stronger imo. Hulk kinda showed his strength off against Glads already at much weaker levels.

You are basing this off of feats. Can't you see that you're wrong?

World War Hulk is much stronger at base than Gladiator?

facepalm

How is Gladiator and Colossus completely different?

Dude, you said if the confidence is not mentioned it's not in play which is obvious bull. Just like the fight with Colossus, the confidence wasn't mentioned. So he was fighting at peak levels then as well?

That's the thing though, it said Sentry was finally unleashing his power. They have said that before World War Hulk, and they have said it after. All those times, his fluctuated. His unleashed more power when he is holding back then when he fought World War Hulk. He fluctuates just like Gladiator.

I'm not basing this on one feat. I'm basing him on various feats, such as having limitless strength, capable of pulverizing planets, capable of collapsing Stars etc.

If the Hulk fought Gladiator at the levels he was shown in that annual, then yes, he would win obviously, but we aren't using Gladiator when he is jobbing. We are using Gladiator at Full Confidence, who has unleashed power beyond what World War Hulk has shown when not at Full Confidence.

We use the characters at their peak, on these boards. At their best, not when they job etc.

"Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels."

What don't you get?

Dear god!'

Me basing this off feats is wrong but you basing you're opinion on fights where Gladiator is jobbing and not performing at his peak shown levels is right?

You're so full of it, it's ridiculous....

quanchi112
World War Hulk is much stronger at base than Gladiator?

facepalm

How is Gladiator and Colossus completely different?

Dude, you said if the confidence is not mentioned it's not in play which is obvious bull. Just like the fight with Colossus, the confidence wasn't mentioned. So he was fighting at peak levels then as well?

That's the thing though, it said Sentry was finally unleashing his power. They have said that before World War Hulk, and they have said it after. All those times, his fluctuated. His unleashed more power when he is holding back then when he fought World War Hulk. He fluctuates just like Gladiator.

I'm not basing this on one feat. I'm basing him on various feats, such as having limitless strength, capable of pulverizing planets, capable of collapsing Stars etc.

If the Hulk fought Gladiator at the levels he was shown in that annual, then yes, he would win obviously, but we aren't using Gladiator when he is jobbing. We are using Gladiator at Full Confidence, who has unleashed power beyond what World War Hulk has shown when not at Full Confidence.

We use the characters at their peak, on these boards. At their best, not when they job etc.

"Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels."

What don't you get?

Dear god!'

Me basing this off feats is wrong but you basing you're opinion on fights where Gladiator is jobbing and not performing at his peak shown levels is right?

You're so full of it, it's ridiculous.... Yes, he is. The fact you question that makes me question you as a poster.

Glads has low showings what can I say. I think Hulk and colossus are completely different showings. Hulk can compete with the Gladiator it's obvious. He has competed with Thor before who is much more powerful than Gladiator.

So he used more power than ever before and it failed to put down a calm WW Hulk. Yet, when holding back he ran off Terrax.

You are saying Glads has limitless strength when he doesn't. Hulk has limitless strength not Gladiator. It's like you don't know who the Hulk is.

Jobbing is an excuse fanboys use when their character loses. it happens and he wasn't jobbing he lost. Deal.

leonidas
where are you getting the 'collpasing stars' and 'limitless strength' things . . .? confused

a WEAKER version of hulk has actually shaken an entire DIMENSION, punched through time and smashed--in a SINGLE blow--an asteroid much larger than earth. wwh was said on numerous occasions to be the STRONGEST version of the hulk. ever.

quanchi112
where are you getting the 'collpasing stars' and 'limitless strength' things . . .? confused

a WEAKER version of hulk has actually shaken an entire DIMENSION, punched through time and smashed--in a SINGLE blow--an asteroid much larger than earth. wwh was said on numerous occasions to be the STRONGEST version of the hulk. ever. I have never heard in my life from anyone on any board that Glads has limitless strength and that he is much stronger than WW Hulk. It's so absurd it's not even funny.

Kris Blaze

a WEAKER version of hulk has actually shaken an entire DIMENSION, punched through time and smashed--in a SINGLE blow--an asteroid much larger than earth. wwh was said on numerous occasions to be the STRONGEST version of the hulk. ever.

We're using the asteroid feat now?

Long way to fall from the top apparently, and evidently, pretty far when you're a couple of steps below.

quanchi112

Long way to fall from the top apparently, and evidently, pretty far when you're a couple of steps below. Why wouldn't he use the asteroid feat?

Naija boy
I really dont see how glads can win a slugfest against WWH.

leonidas

Long way to fall from the top apparently, and evidently, pretty far when you're a couple of steps below.

blink

i honestly don't even understand this post. is there something wrong with the asteroid feat? long way from the top? hulk has so many ludicrous strength feats it's ridiculous. punching through time and shaking a dimension are both beyond the asteroid thing. keeping anti-matter and matter separated through physical power is maybe the MOST impressive.

and at least all those happened on panel, as opposed to glads' 'collapsing a star'.

confused

Kris Blaze
blink

i honestly don't even understand this post. is there something wrong with the asteroid feat? long way from the top? hulk has so many ludicrous strength feats it's ridiculous. punching through time and shaking a dimension are both beyond the asteroid thing. keeping anti-matter and matter separated through physical power is maybe the MOST impressive.

and at least all those happened on panel, as opposed to glads' 'collapsing a star'.

confused

Despite some clearly incompetent scientists' claim that the asteroid was twice the size as earth, it clearly doesn't make sense, does it? Hulk was completely calm, let's not deal with the fact that he only needed to fly up there, and yet it only took half a smash. It wasn't even a smash, he was rocketed at the asteroid oddly enough, and the entire asteroid exploded into stone. Nothing but stone.

You need to learn how to differ between stupid feats and unquantifiable feats.

leonidas
Despite some clearly incompetent scientists' claim that the asteroid was twice the size as earth, it clearly doesn't make sense, does it? Hulk was completely calm, let's not deal with the fact that he only needed to fly up there, and yet it only took half a smash. It wasn't even a smash, he was rocketed at the asteroid oddly enough, and the entire asteroid exploded into stone. Nothing but stone.

You need to learn how to differ between stupid feats and unquantifiable feats.

laughing out loud

so we simply say the scientists in the story were wrong? and the aliens that went around destroying planets USING asteroids never really did that either?

i never said it made sense. it IS supported repeatedly in the feature though. and it seems pretty clear he punched it to me, or powered straight through it. regardless it was a pretty damn big, full-page worthy smash. hell, i was just shown recently that hercules held the entire heavens! smashing an asteroid doesn't seem that big a deal. AND i used it as ONE example of the many LUDICROUS things hulk has done--MOST of which don't make sense. i have no idea what you're going on about regarding the stone. "nothing but stone". where'd you get that? after he broke it he was brought to the alien ship. doesn't say anything about stone.

and glads' feat wasn't unquantifiable. it was never shown. and how exactly do you collapse a star using strength?

anyway, glads' strength is NOT limitless, and hulk wins this.

james2099
I have never heard in my life from anyone on any board that Glads has limitless strength and that he is much stronger than WW Hulk. It's so absurd it's not even funny. There has never in the history of ANY comicbook that any hulk has ever surpassed superman in strength.... Hulk does NOT have limitless strength.... there is no limit to how strong he can get if he can reach limitless anger..WHICH HE CANNOT... NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL... gladiator has near limitless strength at base... You have never seen a full confidence gladiator and you sure as hell will NEVER see a limitless strength hulk... you cannot put a limit on hulks strength because it increases as he angers... His anger has a limit but it has not been reached but once.. his azz fell out from anger because his mind shut down. Gladiator gets stronger the more he sets his mind to something. Hulk can only be so mad, there is NO limitless anger, he cannot get madder and madder forever. The uppermost limit of gladiators strength is unknown because it is tied to his willpower which is greater than anger. There has never been any hulk that has surpassed Kurse in strength... WWH is not now or ever will be 4 times stronger than thor.

janus77
Hulk smash!

simply far too powerful, too durable (shifting tectonic plates whilst submerged in lava, planetary re-entry without shielding, traversing the void of space whilst standing atomp the stone-ship...) and with a healing factor that would repair any damage on the fly, almost instantaneously (ala the Zom/Strange fight).

as for impressive feats, just look at the Onslaught reborn saga, when Hulk became a nexus of two universes... that's more impressive than anything Gladiator (or any sub-skyfather) has done. imo.

leonidas
There has never in the history of ANY comicbook that any hulk has ever surpassed superman in strength.... Hulk does NOT have limitless strength.... there is no limit to how strong he can get if he can reach limitless anger..WHICH HE CANNOT... NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL... gladiator has near limitless strength at base... You have never seen a full confidence gladiator and you sure as hell will NEVER see a limitless strength hulk... you cannot put a limit on hulks strength because it increases as he angers... His anger has a limit but it has not been reached but once.. his azz fell out from anger because his mind shut down. Gladiator gets stronger the more he sets his mind to something. Hulk can only be so mad, there is NO limitless anger, he cannot get madder and madder forever. The uppermost limit of gladiators strength is unknown because it is tied to his willpower which is greater than anger. There has never been any hulk that has surpassed Kurse in strength... WWH is not now or ever will be 4 times stronger than thor.

Huh? in straight battle, where thor threw his hammer away and battled hulk without it, hulk nearly KILLED thor. in a similar type battle, thor beat down juggernaut. and it's funny that in a battle where thor was present, it was HULK who did the heavy work against onslaught.

and what makes you so sure willpower>anger?? confidence wains. anger is constant. glads fights someone who can match him, his confidence FALTERS. hulk fights someone who can match him, he gets ANGRIER. hulk shattered a current, STRONGER colossus. a weak colossus battled glads and gave him hell. can't even claim pis--why? because for pis to occur, the showing needs to diverge greatly from the NORM. glads's norm is to be INCONSISTENTLY portrayed.

in a slugfest with wwh, glads' would need to be FAR stronger than he has EVER been shown to be to win. THAT would diverge from the norm.

Kris Blaze
"Limitless anger"

lmfao.

Lord Feron
"Limitless anger"

lmfao.

My co-worker has that... not as cool as you might think... sad

Kris Blaze
laughing out loud

so we simply say the scientists in the story were wrong? and the aliens that went around destroying planets USING asteroids never really did that either?

i never said it made sense. it IS supported repeatedly in the feature though. and it seems pretty clear he punched it to me, or powered straight through it. regardless it was a pretty damn big, full-page worthy smash. hell, i was just shown recently that hercules held the entire heavens! smashing an asteroid doesn't seem that big a deal. AND i used it as ONE example of the many LUDICROUS things hulk has done--MOST of which don't make sense. i have no idea what you're going on about regarding the stone. "nothing but stone". where'd you get that? after he broke it he was brought to the alien ship. doesn't say anything about stone.

and glads' feat wasn't unquantifiable. it was never shown. and how exactly do you collapse a star using strength?

anyway, glads' strength is NOT limitless, and hulk wins this.

What the hell are you on about now, son?

There's hardly any difference between Hulk and Gladiator's powers. Gladiator's powers are belief-driven, and Hulk's powers are anger-driven. You can't claim that one is endless, where as the other isn't.

I never claimed that either was limitless, as that is just plain ridiculous. And having "DA UNLIMITED STRENGTHZ!" doesn't mean he'll beat anyone without.

janus77
Hulk's powers are not "anger driven", that's just plain wrong.

Hulk's braced mountain ranges, held together a planet and done impossible feats whilst not angry or enraged.

anger/rage can speed up his amping, but it is not the mechanism by which he grows stronger/tougher.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk's powers are not "anger driven", that's just plain wrong.

Hulk's braced mountain ranges, held together a planet and done impossible feats whilst not angry or enraged.

anger/rage can speed up his amping, but it is not the mechanism by which he grows stronger/tougher.

And Gladiator still possesses superhuman stats when doubting himself no expression

Doesn't change the fact that he refers to them as belief-driven.

- Ignore

janus77
your point?

Hulk's powers are not "limited by anger", nor is anger their source.
you were wrong, your assumption upon which you base their comparative strengths is wrong, thus your analysis/findings will likely (absent blind luck) be in-error.

Battlehammer
Gladiators powers are driven by his confidence

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Gladiators powers are driven by his confidence really?

Battlehammer
yes was the sarcasm?

Starscream M
yes was the sarcasm? so gladiator can't fly if he's not confident?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
so gladiator can't fly if he's not confident?
Not sure I mean I assume he has a base level. It never been shown how weak he can become from lack of confidence. The more confident he is the powerful he becomes.

Starscream M
Not sure I mean I assume he has a base level. It never been shown how weak he can become from lack of confidence. The more confident he is the powerful he becomes. yeah i know...i just wanted to point out the way you worded your initial statement it made it sound like gladiator was completely dependant on confidence for his powers...which is not the case

even without confidence, he is a powerful herald...with confidence, he can amp his attributes

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah i know...i just wanted to point out the way you worded your initial statement it made it sound like gladiator was completely dependant on confidence for his powers...which is not the case

even without confidence, he is a powerful herald...with confidence, he can amp his attributes

not sure how powerful I mean he got wrecked by cassandra nova and I don't think she was herald or even that closes at the time. She simply used her telepthy to destroy his confidence if I remeber correctly

Enyalus
not sure how powerful I mean he got wrecked by cassandra nova and I don't think she was herald or even that closes at the time. She simply used her telepthy to destroy his confidence if I remeber correctly
...Cassandra Nova beat the entire Imperial Guard and telepathically owned an amped Xavier, etc, etc.

Easily one of the most powerful psychics out there. And able to reform her body at will, since she basically exists as pure malicious energy.

Kris Blaze
...Cassandra Nova beat the entire Imperial Guard and telepathically owned an amped Xavier, etc, etc.

Easily one of the most powerful psychics out there. And able to reform her body at will, since she basically exists as pure malicious energy.

She requires a body.

Raoul
yeah. cassandra nova isn't exactly a low showing...

Enyalus
She requires a body.
But she can exist without one for a fairly long amount of time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, he is. The fact you question that makes me question you as a poster.

Glads has low showings what can I say. I think Hulk and colossus are completely different showings. Hulk can compete with the Gladiator it's obvious. He has competed with Thor before who is much more powerful than Gladiator.

So he used more power than ever before and it failed to put down a calm WW Hulk. Yet, when holding back he ran off Terrax.

You are saying Glads has limitless strength when he doesn't. Hulk has limitless strength not Gladiator. It's like you don't know who the Hulk is.

Jobbing is an excuse fanboys use when their character loses. it happens and he wasn't jobbing he lost. Deal.

At base?

Dude, do you know what level Green Scar's initial base strength was? He started out weaker than Savage Hulk was.

Like I said, Sentry is inconsistent due to his mental state just like Gladiator because of his confidence. Gladiator can collapse Stars and it's not his peak, yet when pushing himself he can only barely beat Colossus. Like I said his power fluctuates, and he jobs a lot just like Sentry does.

Gladiator has nigh limitless strength as was stated. Hulk also has the potential for near limitless strength. Each have shown the ability to reach levels beyond their previous limits. We can't prove either as how can you quantify or be near/reach limitless. I'd bet my right foot it's not true for either. They're power sets are close. Hulk's strength is anger driven and Gladiator's is confidence driven. It's all about their mental state that determines both their levels of power. I have every Hulk issue published. I know very well who Hulk is.

It's great that I'm not a fanboy then.

quanchi112

You need to learn how to differ between stupid feats and unquantifiable feats. Typical. You claim the scientists were wrong with what proof? You seem to simply dismiss what you don't like and that is a horrible debating tactic.Originally posted by james2099
There has never in the history of ANY comicbook that any hulk has ever surpassed superman in strength.... Hulk does NOT have limitless strength.... there is no limit to how strong he can get if he can reach limitless anger..WHICH HE CANNOT... NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL... gladiator has near limitless strength at base... You have never seen a full confidence gladiator and you sure as hell will NEVER see a limitless strength hulk... you cannot put a limit on hulks strength because it increases as he angers... His anger has a limit but it has not been reached but once.. his azz fell out from anger because his mind shut down. Gladiator gets stronger the more he sets his mind to something. Hulk can only be so mad, there is NO limitless anger, he cannot get madder and madder forever. The uppermost limit of gladiators strength is unknown because it is tied to his willpower which is greater than anger. There has never been any hulk that has surpassed Kurse in strength... WWH is not now or ever will be 4 times stronger than thor. I disagree. He surpassed him when he took on onslaught, ww hulk mode, when he destroyed the asteroid twice the size of earth while supes got ko'd by a moon going much faster.

Hulk is stronger than Superman at his best. At his base level it's close.

quanchi112
At base?

Dude, do you know what level Green Scar's initial base strength was? He started out weaker than Savage Hulk was.

Like I said, Sentry is inconsistent due to his mental state just like Gladiator because of his confidence. Gladiator can collapse Stars and it's not his peak, yet when pushing himself he can only barely beat Colossus. Like I said his power fluctuates, and he jobs a lot just like Sentry does.

Gladiator has nigh limitless strength as was stated. Hulk also has the potential for near limitless strength. Each have shown the ability to reach levels beyond their previous limits. We can't prove either as how can you quantify or be near/reach limitless. I'd bet my right foot it's not true for either. They're power sets are close. Hulk's strength is anger driven and Gladiator's is confidence driven. It's all about their mental state that determines both their levels of power. I have every Hulk issue published. I know very well who Hulk is.

It's great that I'm not a fanboy then. We are discussing ww Hulk not the weakened hulk during planet hulk. No wonder you seem so confused.

Sentry was a powerhouse and was written to be so against the WW Hulk. We are talking about how he was written in that arc, not in any other.

Gladiator has limits while Hulk has more than proven he is stronger than Thor. Glads has been sent home with his ass handed to him claiming Thor was too strong for him. Hulk has also handed Gladiator his ass. This is a much smarter, stronger, capable WW Hulk.

WW Hulk 10 of 10.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
My co-worker has that... not as cool as you might think... sad

laughing laughing we must work at the same place.

james2099
Typical. You claim the scientists were wrong with what proof? You seem to simply dismiss what you don't like and that is a horrible debating tactic. I disagree. He surpassed him when he took on onslaught, ww hulk mode, when he destroyed the asteroid twice the size of earth while supes got ko'd by a moon going much faster.

Hulk is stronger than Superman at his best. At his base level it's close. When hulk was thrown into that asteroid it was a durability feat, abomination, A-Bomb, Juggernaut and plenty others could have done the same thing. WWH could not even beat juggernaut, or sentry and was toasted from above by MAN. Thor has ALWAYS reframed from roasting hulk, superman has always beaten hulk and always will. You think that ANY hulk can get mad enough to take on Superman prime??? They can be mad for 1000 years and prime will kill them all in the blink of an eye. Hulk in any form cannot compete with people who are just as strong or stronger than him plus have range attacks that has nearly killed him before, plus they move at lightspeed and are skilled fighters... The only thing keeping most of them from killing off people like hulk, abomination, thing, sasquatch, blob and other one power ponys is the writer. Hulk is good... Hulk is strong.... But against people like Gladiator, Superman and Thor..... Hulk is done.

james2099
We are discussing ww Hulk not the weakened hulk during planet hulk. No wonder you seem so confused.

Sentry was a powerhouse and was written to be so against the WW Hulk. We are talking about how he was written in that arc, not in any other.

Gladiator has limits while Hulk has more than proven he is stronger than Thor. Glads has been sent home with his ass handed to him claiming Thor was too strong for him. Hulk has also handed Gladiator his ass. This is a much smarter, stronger, capable WW Hulk.

WW Hulk 10 of 10. If Gladiator was allowed to win by the writers, thor and hulk would have been killed.... Do you think the writers were going to do that. In both cases, Gladiator was hindered before he killed them. Gladiator cannot beat the writers... There are no writers on KMC. No storyline... Just fighters at there best.... Going all out.... NOTHING TO STOP THEM FROM USING ALL THEIR POWERS TO THE FULLEST.

leonidas
What the hell are you on about now, son?

There's hardly any difference between Hulk and Gladiator's powers. Gladiator's powers are belief-driven, and Hulk's powers are anger-driven. You can't claim that one is endless, where as the other isn't.

I never claimed that either was limitless, as that is just plain ridiculous. And having "DA UNLIMITED STRENGTHZ!" doesn't mean he'll beat anyone without.

m'man, i'll agree with you on one point--there is a clear similarity in their powerset. both are driven by emotion.

however--I NEVER CLAIMED EITHER WAS ENDLESS. you have me confused with someone else methinks. i just said that anger might be a more constant, easily sustained emotion. confidence can be shaken easily. knowing hulk has already beaten the snot out of him, and now facing an even stronger, faster healing version doesn't SEEM like it would exactly INSPIRE glads' confidence however.

and of course just being stronger doesn't necessarily mean he'd win. having a nearly instantaneously quick healing factor, having this match stipulated as purely h2h and being stronger than he has EVER been however, does.

quanchi112
When hulk was thrown into that asteroid it was a durability feat, abomination, A-Bomb, Juggernaut and plenty others could have done the same thing. WWH could not even beat juggernaut, or sentry and was toasted from above by MAN. Thor has ALWAYS reframed from roasting hulk, superman has always beaten hulk and always will. You think that ANY hulk can get mad enough to take on Superman prime??? They can be mad for 1000 years and prime will kill them all in the blink of an eye. Hulk in any form cannot compete with people who are just as strong or stronger than him plus have range attacks that has nearly killed him before, plus they move at lightspeed and are skilled fighters... The only thing keeping most of them from killing off people like hulk, abomination, thing, sasquatch, blob and other one power ponys is the writer. Hulk is good... Hulk is strong.... But against people like Gladiator, Superman and Thor..... Hulk is done. No, it wasn't. Unless you are prepared to say Hulk is more durable than Superman? I know I am not.

WW Hulk did defeat Juggs while I don't think that Superman/Gladiator could have replicated holding the Juggernaut off as easily as Hulk did so.

Thor has went all out before and their matchups are usually pretty evenly matched mainly due to Thor brawling and engaging him up close.

Supes has never beat him in a canon comic so?

quanchi112
If Gladiator was allowed to win by the writers, thor and hulk would have been killed.... Do you think the writers were going to do that. In both cases, Gladiator was hindered before he killed them. Gladiator cannot beat the writers... There are no writers on KMC. No storyline... Just fighters at there best.... Going all out.... NOTHING TO STOP THEM FROM USING ALL THEIR POWERS TO THE FULLEST. We debate based on what the writers give us not how we see the matchups based purely in our minds.

Hulk wins this and quickly.

leonidas
If Gladiator was allowed to win by the writers, thor and hulk would have been killed.... Do you think the writers were going to do that. In both cases, Gladiator was hindered before he killed them. Gladiator cannot beat the writers... There are no writers on KMC. No storyline... Just fighters at there best.... Going all out.... NOTHING TO STOP THEM FROM USING ALL THEIR POWERS TO THE FULLEST.

the problem with this is it then falls upon YOU to decide what is or isn't pis. and your list would be ENORMOUS. why bother using feats or battles since all you'd say is 'that was poor writing!' where do you draw the line on what is or isn't poor writing? you even said we haven't seen glads' highest level. how do you know? maybe we have. what proof do you have that he CAN be stronger?

we use what the writers give because otherwise it's pointless to debate. beyond that, in this case, he could have a mllion powers that would let him win, but he can't use them since this is purely h2h.

quanchi112
the problem with this is it then falls upon YOU to decide what is or isn't pis. and your list would be ENORMOUS. why bother using feats or battles since all you'd say is 'that was poor writing!' where do you draw the line on what is or isn't poor writing? you even said we haven't seen glads' highest level. how do you know? maybe we have. what proof do you have that he CAN be stronger?

we use what the writers give because otherwise it's pointless to debate. beyond that, in this case, he could have a mllion powers that would let him win, but he can't use them since this is purely h2h. EXACTLY.

james2099

we use what the writers give because otherwise it's pointless to debate. beyond that, in this case, he could have a mllion powers that would let him win, but he can't use them since this is purely h2h. Still dont get it do you? LET ME EXPLAIN... When you buy a comicbook, you will began with a cover, the hero or main character will be put in a storyline..... lets use thor vs gladiator..... gladiator was sent to kill thor.. remember the word KILL as you read this..... gladiator and thor fight, gladiator gets the upperhand and sends thor across the sky for 60 seconds koed....STOP!! now lets move the battle to KMC at that point... What could gladiator have done to a koed thor in 60 seconds on KMC when he would have been going ALL OUT?? STOP!! back to the comics.. Gladiator has to now dispatch thor girl while thor recovers in the nick of time. Now in order for the hero to stay alive, the writer must LET the hero or main character win, or else kill off hero and end storyline. I dont care about poor writing, aunt may can be written to beat thanos, but i know who would really win... just like spiderman vs firelord... Spiderman the hero will win in the comic.... Spiderman the fighter will lose to him on KMC and be SPITE. Thor and hulk have the ability to put down gladiator.. but NOT on a KMC battle when they all will be going all out.. they may get some wins.. 1 or 2.

darthgoober

we use what the writers give because otherwise it's pointless to debate. beyond that, in this case, he could have a mllion powers that would let him win, but he can't use them since this is purely h2h.
I agree with some of what you're saying. but the big question is... which writers should we listen to? Do we listen to the ONE writer that either decided to write out a fight between two or was assigned the job by the company, or should we listen to the numerous writers that have contributed to fleshing out the characters over the years? Looking primarily at the match ups between specific characters is an easy enough way to make a call on the winner, but unless the two characters have locked horns numerous times over the years(and sometimes even then) it's notoriously inaccurate when it becomes the standard.

I don't think that direct matchups should be ignored outright, but I'm starting to think that they should be bumped down to the bottom of the list of reliable evidence. Otherwise Spidey needs to be bumped up quite a bit on the tier list, and for more reasons than just his fight with Firelord.

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthgoober
I agree with some of what you're saying. but the big question is... which writers should we listen to? Do we listen to the ONE writer that either decided to write out a fight between two or was assigned the job by the company, or should we listen to the numerous writers that have contributed to fleshing out the characters over the years? Looking primarily at the match ups between specific characters is an easy enough way to make a call on the winner, but unless the two characters have locked horns numerous times over the years(and sometimes even then) it's notoriously inaccurate when it becomes the standard.

I don't think that direct matchups should be ignored outright, but I'm starting to think that they should be bumped down to the bottom of the list of reliable evidence. Otherwise Spidey needs to be bumped up quite a bit on the tier list, and for more reasons than just his fight with Firelord. We factor everything in. Direct matchups should go to the top of the list while common opponents should also be factored in.

I think feats tend to be emphasized too strongly on here imo. Just because Gladiator has destroyed a planet with his fists that doesn't mean he beats the Hulk.

There are always exceptions though and Spiderman vs firelord is one of them. We all know that is isn't poor writing and that Hulk is definitely in the same league as Gladiator.

darthgoober
We factor everything in. Direct matchups should go to the top of the list while common opponents should also be factored in.

I think feats tend to be emphasized too strongly on here imo. Just because Gladiator has destroyed a planet with his fists that doesn't mean he beats the Hulk.

There are always exceptions though and Spiderman vs firelord is one of them. We all know that is isn't poor writing and that Hulk is definitely in the same league as Gladiator.
How do we all "know" that Spidey vs Firelord is BS while Hulk vs Glads isn't? What is your criteria for a fight to qualify one way or the other?

quanchi112
How do we all "know" that Spidey vs Firelord is BS while Hulk vs Glads isn't? What is your criteria for a fight to qualify one way or the other? Their history, their powerset, how they have faced against similar opponents, and most of all common sense.

Spiderman can't take a punch from Gladiator barring some confidence issue or some plot device, but Hulk can take a punch and then some. That is just an example.

darthgoober
Their history, their powerset, how they have faced against similar opponents, and most of all common sense.

Spiderman can't take a punch from Gladiator barring some confidence issue or some plot device, but Hulk can take a punch and then some. That is just an example.
How does Spidey vs Glads factor into the question? What is it about SMvF that makes you write off the fight exactly?

quanchi112
How does Spidey vs Glads factor into the question? What is it about SMvF that makes you write off the fight exactly? The fact that Spiderman is way out of his league considering Firelord's power and his history.

I was just giving an example of something that hasn't occurred yet.

illadelph12
Smh...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>