Hercules vs DoS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Who wins ?

Enyalus
I'd say Herc's stronger with better skills, but less durable and slower. So, DOS DD 6-7/10.

carver9
They are basically equals in almost every possible way. Due to skills I give it to herc 7/10

Hyperion Prime
I give it to Dooms Day. I think Herc would hace to BFR him. Anything Herc dishes out DD can take. If Hercules puts him in a wrestling hold it wont stop doomsday, and I doubt DD taps out.

8/10 DD

Mindset
Herc combos to ko

SuperiorTech
DD

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Herc combos to ko

OT is that Doogie Howser in your pic????

Mindset
yes

Hyperion Prime
yes

Thanks dude. That pic is hillarious.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
They are basically equals in almost every possible way.

How do you know that? There's nothing to indicate that at all.

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict
How do you know that? There's nothing to indicate that at all.

Hercules has lifting feats of lifting an entire island whereas dos doomsday confused

Doomsday got taken out by a punch that shattered windows where hercules has taken much more punishment and bounced back up.

And we all know that herc is a much better fighter.

Doomsday never showed ANY kind of speed feat, just something indicated from a low meta.

Raoul
i didn't realise guy gardner was a low meta... mhmm

or Superman for that matter...

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul

or Superman for that matter...

What times are you talking about because neither of those two said that he moves at flash speed.

Raoul
What times are you talking about because neither of those two said that he moves at flash speed.

they were both suprised by how fast he was.

The Pict
Hercules has lifting feats of lifting an entire island whereas dos doomsday confused

Doomsday got taken out by a punch that shattered windows where hercules has taken much more punishment and bounced back up.

Doomsday never showed ANY kind of speed feat, just something indicated from a low meta.

How does any of that indicate they were equals?

Never showed ANY kind of speed feat? Except for the fact he was moving at superspeeds you mean?

Raoul
add maxima to the list...

psycho gundam
doomsday'd beat herc like hulk did.

Survivor19
Heracles add 13th trial to his honor list )

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
He's not, he's street level at best.

Raoul
He's not, he's street level at best.

laughing out loud

The Pict

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1649/deathofsupermantpb067.jpg

Doomsday never showed ANY kind of speed feat,

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2055/deathofsupermantpb041.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/807/deathofsupermantpb066.jpg

Raoul
there are actually two more superman ones lol...

Mindset
Booster Gold is the authority on all things speed related.

The Pict
Booster Gold is the authority on all things speed related.

Didn't you hear? He's connected to the Speedforce!

Yeah it's obviously hyperbole but there's no doubt he has superspeed.

leonidas

hercules NEVER lifted an entire island. he did DRAG manhattan though . . . and a future version DID ko zeus.

even still, i don't see herc beating dd. again, even dos dd had some uber feats before meeting superman. if herc went all 'warrior crazy' he might pull it off. i would give him a couple outta 10 cuz he's my main man, but dd takes a solid majority.

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
hercules NEVER lifted an entire island. he did DRAG manhattan though . . . and a future version DID ko zeus.

even still, i don't see herc beating dd. again, even dos dd had some uber feats before meeting superman. if herc went all 'warrior crazy' he might pull it off. i would give him a couple outta 10 cuz he's my main man, but dd takes a solid majority. He, however, did hold up the Earth.

I think that is a little bigger than Manhattan.

ThunderGodEneru
Didn't Hercules and Thor almost tilt the Earth off its axis when they were arm-wrestling? no expression

I find it hard to believe that DOS DD wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
doomsday'd beat herc like hulk did. Not this Doomsday.

guy222
Hercules

Enyalus
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Didn't Hercules and Thor almost tilt the Earth off its axis when they were arm-wrestling? no expression
Yeah, generated enough pressure to knock the planet out of its orbit.

However, I don't think the planet they were arm wrestling on was Earth. Not positive.

leonidas
He, however, did hold up the Earth.

I think that is a little bigger than Manhattan.

has that been definitively shown on panel? if so, i'd LOVE to see it.

Enyalus
has that been definitively shown on panel? if so, i'd LOVE to see it.
Meh, I have a scan of him holding up Heaven for three hours...

leonidas
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

I find it hard to believe that DOS DD wins.

you mean as mentioned in this tongue-in-cheek feature?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Thorvs.jpg

call me crazy, but somehow, i'm not all that willing to take THAT particular featire as very meaningful. no expression

Enyalus
call me crazy, but somehow, i'm not all that willing to take THAT particular featire as very meaningful. no expression
Why not? The authors were being silly. But the characters were being portrayed fine.

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh, I have a scan of him holding up Heaven for three hours...

just don't tell me it's THIS one . . .

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/atlastitan1.jpg

believe me--i WANT to see a definitive scan showing him holding the firmament/heavens/earth. like i said--herc's my personal fave. so if that's not the one, make with the sharing. big grin

leonidas
Why not? The authors were being silly. But the characters were being portrayed fine.

cuz it's more joke than anything. if the writes are being silly, and they're the ones WRITING it, how can you claim it's an accurate portrayal?

silly writer=silly writing=meaningless story imo. and besides--that's a combination feat. TOGETHER they generated the force required. a nice enough feat, but not the same as one of them smash a planet. erm

Enyalus
just don't tell me it's THIS one . . .

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/atlastitan1.jpg

believe me--i WANT to see a definitive scan showing him holding the firmament/heavens/earth. like i said--herc's my personal fave. so if that's not the one, make with the sharing. big grin

That was reaffirmed much more recently:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Herc_str_world1.jpg

Its an accurate portrayal because Herc and Thor were always depicted as equals. And both of them are insanely strong, so it makes sense. And yeah it was a silly story...it was only like 4 pages long. And while I know its a shared feat, those two feats (the Heaven one and the one you just posted) right there prove Herc's strength is much higher than DOS DD's.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not this Doomsday. nah, even dos dd would beat him down. herculese is a better fighter, definitely top 10 of all super heavyweights, but he can't put dd down.

the bone claws/spurs would make the difference.

quanchi112
nah, even dos dd would beat him down. herculese is a better fighter, definitely top 10 of all super heavyweights, but he can't put dd down.

the bone claws/spurs would make the difference. I'm saying it would be close either way. WW Hulk was well above him while I don't think dos Doomsday is.

Mindset
has that been definitively shown on panel? if so, i'd LOVE to see it. Yes, at least 2 or 3 times.

It has also recently been affirmed that his 10 trials and past mythological feats are canon.

What kind of Herc fan are you? erm

Mindset
nah, even dos dd would beat him down. herculese is a better fighter, definitely top 10 of all super heavyweights, but he can't put dd down.

the bone claws/spurs would make the difference. Why/how would they make the difference?

psycho gundam
Why/how would they make the difference? they got the better of superman's aura, sure he was powering down, but he was still getting cut up.

herc lacks that aura, and dd is not far below him in strength (if the consensus is that he is.. but i don't believe it is so)

Mindset
they got the better of superman's aura, sure he was powering down, but he was still getting cut up.

herc lacks that aura, and dd is not far below him in strength (if the consensus is that he is.. but i don't believe it is so) Ok, but cutting him will be about as effective as any other attack, it will hurt him, but that alone wont put him down.

Btw, does Herc have any healing feats, he is immortal, after all.

psycho gundam
he can still be ko'd, especially by a guy like doomsday who will be definitely going for the bloodbath victory. and he won't be distracted this time.

Mindset
DD can be killed, Supes did it.

psycho gundam
dd wasn't slowing down due to power loss like superman, he was just hit with a shock wave that he couldn't withstand (punch collision). herc would live through a similar experience leaving dd inert, but the odds of that reoccurring are small.

dd for the majority.

Mindset
dd wasn't slowing down due to power loss like superman, he was just hit with a shock wave that he couldn't withstand (punch collision). herc would live through a similar experience leaving dd inert, but the odds of that reoccurring are small.

dd for the majority. Odds are about as good as Herc koing him.

Herc for the majority.

leonidas
That was reaffirmed much more recently:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Herc_str_world1.jpg

hmm. i think i HAVE seen that posted before. i guess it just doesn't make much sense to me. i mean . . . what's he holding? the earth? the sky? the UNIVERSE?? define "firmament".

who is telling that story, btw?

i still think the feature story was meant to be apocryphal, but either way, doesn't much matter. depending on how you are willing to define 'firmament', that scan (if it was meant to be a "true" depiction of said feat) could prove he is leagues stronger than ANYONE. his battle feats do not come close to supporting that level of strength, however. hercules would be decimated by the gang of jla'ers that dd obliterated. his speed would overwhelm herc, his healing would be too much. we will never see dd performing 'strength feats of that nature, so comparing them on THAT basis makes no sense. in sheer strength, herc might be a match, but everything else is heavily on dd's side imo.

leonidas
Yes, at least 2 or 3 times.

It has also recently been affirmed that his 10 trials and past mythological feats are canon.

What kind of Herc fan are you? erm

that would be once, apparently. and aren't some of his trials still attributed to gilgamesh?

anyway, i'm the kinda fan who hasn't collected regularly in nearly 10 years but who's trying to catch up--slowly, on some of the stuff he's missed. wink

Enyalus
hmm. i think i HAVE seen that posted before. i guess it just doesn't make much sense to me. i mean . . . what's he holding? the earth? the sky? the UNIVERSE?? define "firmament".

who is telling that story, btw?
Well, Herc says sky at one point. At other points in the same issue, he refers to it as Heaven. And two issues later, he also calls it Heaven. Which is consistant with the Greek myth. So, I'd imagine that's "Heaven," basically.

No one's telling it. Its a flashback.

i still think the feature story was meant to be apocryphal, but either way, doesn't much matter. depending on how you are willing to define 'firmament', that scan (if it was meant to be a "true" depiction of said feat) could prove he is leagues stronger than ANYONE. his battle feats do not come close to supporting that level of strength, however. hercules would be decimated by the gang of jla'ers that dd obliterated. his speed would overwhelm herc, his healing would be too much. we will never see dd performing 'strength feats of that nature, so comparing them on THAT basis makes no sense. in sheer strength, herc might be a match, but everything else is heavily on dd's side imo.
Feats show pretty conclusively that Herc is stronger than DOS DD. And has far superior fighting skill. But I agree, speed and durability go to DD, and DD takes the majority.

leonidas

Well, Herc says sky at one point. At other points in the same issue, he refers to it as Heaven. And two issues later, he also calls it Heaven. Which is consistant with the Greek myth. So, I'd imagine that's "Heaven," basically.

No one's telling it. Its a flashback.

sweet. i know i seem to be pooh-poohing the scan, but herc is hardly what i'd call a . . . reliable narrator. see the 'lifting manhattan island story' for just one example. he tends to indulge in hyperbole once in a while. i'd love to see a comic book retelling of the myths. guess that's the only thing that would really solidify it in my eyes as truly canon. erm

thumb up on the fact that we agree. i just think it's unfair to compare strength feats in an effort to determine who is stronger. dd really HAS no strength feats, so most popular top tier strength guys could win and could be said to be stronger based only on an examination of strength feats.

meh. we agree on the big picture. details only muddle things anyway. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
weren't some of herc's labors actually done the forgotten one of the eternals?

leonidas
weren't some of herc's labors actually done the forgotten one of the eternals?

yeah, i thought so too. that's gilgamesh--or at least that was one of his names . . . not sure if that has been retconned more recently though. it was mentioned in a handbook entry at one point.

Mindset
No, they weren't, the Eternals did, however, wrongly believe that Herc was Gilgamesh.

Mindset
that would be once, apparently. and aren't some of his trials still attributed to gilgamesh?

anyway, i'm the kinda fan who hasn't collected regularly in nearly 10 years but who's trying to catch up--slowly, on some of the stuff he's missed. wink That would be twice, apparently.

No.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Incredible Hercules 124

Herc and Namora vs Atlas

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0247/Incredible_Hercules_124_008.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0317/Incredible_Hercules_124_009.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0128/Incredible_Hercules_124_010.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0526/Incredible_Hercules_124_012.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0423/Incredible_Hercules_124_013.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0732/Incredible_Hercules_124_015JOIN016.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0640/Incredible_Hercules_124_017.jpg

Here's Atlas holding up the sky again, then remembering how Herc tricked him, and then Herc koing him.

Grinning Goku
Doomsday is too fast for Herc. Hercules loses.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Doomsday is too fast for Herc. Hercules loses. Herc was quick enough to react to Sentry trying to rush him.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Nihilist
Herc was quick enough to react to Sentry trying to rush him.

Shit example.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Shit example. not really.

iceman24567
not really. Considering Sentry is shit it is smile

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by iceman24567
Considering Sentry is shit it is smile wink

Kris Blaze
not really.

I remember Iron Fist jumping out of the Sentry's way as well.

Nihilist
Considering Sentry is shit it is smile Regardless of how shit he is(as we are using his speed as a issue and not him as a character).

Sentry was clearly moving at great speed, which Herc reacted too.

quanchi112
Considering Sentry is shit it is smile No, he isn't. At his best he is pretty formidable.

leonidas
Here's Atlas holding up the sky again, then remembering how Herc tricked him, and then Herc koing him.

sweet. that confirms he was holding up . . . something. still don't know what exactly, but still, something.

nwoot

leonidas
No.

i'm guessing that's to do with gilgamesh who in the MH II WAS creditted with cleaning the stables. herc even confronted him at one point. so, apparently, BOTH cleaned them.

Survivor19
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.7865.The_New_Thor

Thorcules wins

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Originally posted by Survivor19
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.7865.The_New_Thor

Thorcules wins

Happy Dance Awesome

Mindset
i'm guessing that's to do with gilgamesh who in the MH II WAS creditted with cleaning the stables. herc even confronted him at one point. so, apparently, BOTH cleaned them. Apparently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.