Daredevil vs. Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKarmosay
Round 1: Straight H2H fighting. KO counts as a win.

Round 2: Standard gear for both.

Juk3n
1. DD for a good 7/10 h2h

2. Blade unloads too much gunage and prods buttock.

snoopdogg
1. Blade 7/10

2. Blade 9/10

Raoul
Originally posted by Juk3n
1. DD for a good 7/10 h2h

2. Blade unloads too much gunage and prods buttock.

thumb up

Battlehammer
I disagree. I dont think blade beat DD the majority in h2h. He not as skilled, he lacks radar senses which is a huge advantage and there so reason pressure points would not work on him.

edit this was to snoopdog post

SDB
1. DD 2. Blade

celestialdemon
Blade wins both.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Blade wins both. He does. DD may have more skill but Blade has more of what counts and that's strength, speed, stamina and the ever important healing factor.

Konton
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He does. DD may have more skill but Blade has more of what counts and that's strength, speed, stamina and the ever important healing factor.

Marvel often portrays power to be less important than skill.

Which is why Emma beat Rachel Summers, Elektra often bests Wolverine (who has all the advantages Blade has over Daredevil), etc.

Keeping this in mind, I might just give it to Daredevil. The healing factor is not important in round one due to KO-ability. And I see Daredevil incapacitating Blade.

I would, however, give blade the second scenario for the majority.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Konton
Marvel often portrays power to be less important than skill.

Which is why Emma beat Rachel Summers, Elektra often bests Wolverine (who has all the advantages Blade has over Daredevil), etc.

Keeping this in mind, I might just give it to Daredevil. The healing factor is not important in round one due to KO-ability. And I see Daredevil incapacitating Blade.

I would, however, give blade the second scenario for the majority. DD is not kayoing Blade. Blade's been hit by Dracula and Draconis and has not been kayoed. DD surely isn't kayoing him.

iceman24567
I think DD can ko Blade

snoopdogg
Originally posted by iceman24567
I think DD can ko Blade Blade has never been kayoed by a punch, let alone by a human.

Ironic
1) DD
2) Blade

iceman24567
Blade has never been kayoed by a punch, let alone by a human. Punching isn't the only way DD fights and Blade isn't strong enough for the strength difference to matter. Radar sense peak human conditioning and being a more skilled martial artists mean Blade loses to DD in h2h.

snoopdogg
Punching isn't the only way DD fights and Blade isn't strong enough for the strength difference to matter. Radar sense peak human conditioning and being a more skilled martial artists mean Blade loses to DD in h2h. DD's only chance is a nerve strike. That's why I gave DD 3 wins. DD is not kayoing Blade with punches or kicks son.

Blade's stamina and damage soak will give him the win h2h.

iceman24567
DD's only chance is a nerve strike. That's why I gave DD 3 wins. DD is not kayoing Blade with punches or kicks son.

Blade's stamina and damage soak will give him the win h2h. I somewhat agree but don't call me son eek!

StiltmanFTW
DD is not kayoing Blade with punches or kicks son.

Tell that to Mr Hyde biscuits

Trackz
Daredevils martial arts are obviously better seeing as Blade is more a weaponmaster, however Blade has mastered several different martial arts (cited in Guggenheims annotated bibliography of the character and a small reference in his series).

Daredevil wouldn't be able to walk over Blade in terms of H2H, for the very same reasons he doesnt manage to walk over the punisher, Blade is skilled enough and his vampiric attributes make it even, the first fight would be either 5/10 split, at the most going 6/10 in either ones favor.

Blade beats Daredevil in scenario 2 handily.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Trackz
Daredevils martial arts are obviously better seeing as Blade is more a weaponmaster, however Blade has mastered several different martial arts (cited in Guggenheims annotated bibliography of the character and a small reference in his series).

Daredevil wouldn't be able to walk over Blade in terms of H2H, for the very same reasons he doesnt manage to walk over the punisher, Blade is skilled enough and his vampiric attributes make it even, the first fight would be either 5/10 split, at the most going 6/10 in either ones favor.

Blade beats Daredevil in scenario 2 handily.

thumb up Very good post.

Stryder Hiryu
1. Blade
2. blade

Blade has been around for a long time and experience goes a long way IMO

golem370
Blade is a vampire right? Would that mean he has the senses of a vampire, you know like hearing a ant walk in the walls in the attic while I am sitting on the couch down stairs kinda of senses.

Battlehammer
still quite inferior to DD

golem370
Maybe

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stryder Hiryu
1. Blade
2. blade

Blade has been around for a long time and experience goes a long way IMO DD's skill shits on Blades experience eek!

golem370
He has experience fight superhumans aka vampires what could Daredevil do that he hasn't seen?

iceman24567
Originally posted by golem370
He has experience fight superhumans aka vampires what could Daredevil do that he hasn't seen? Daredevil fights the hand on a regularly they aren't normal now are they?

Phantom Zone
Daredevil fights the hand on a regularly they aren't normal now are they?

He doesnt fight The hand as often as Blade fights vampires.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
He doesnt fight The hand as often as Blade fights vampires. What exactly are you getting at?

Phantom Zone
What exactly are you getting at?

He fights superhumans more often. DD doesnt actually fight the Hand that regularly its only every now and then. Blade fights superhumans constantly.

iceman24567
He fights superhumans more often. DD doesnt actually fight the Hand that regularly its only every now and then. Blade fights superhumans constantly. Vampires are barely superhuman the strength difference is moot when it comes to master martial artists.

Phantom Zone
Vampires are barely superhuman the strength difference is moot when it comes to master martial artists.

Could say the same with the Hand.

iceman24567
Could say the same with the Hand. It is the same with the hand no expression

Mindset
lul

Trackz
DD's skill shits on Blades experience eek! not at all, moon knight and punisher have both been able to stalemate dare devil in a fight, DD's skill isn't putting him above blade, especially since blade is a master of several martial arts himself, obviously he doesn't know as many martial arts as dare devil, but he doesn't need too in order to break even possible 1 up dare devil in a straight hand-to-hand fight.

Stryder Hiryu
Vampires are barely superhuman the strength difference is moot when it comes to master martial artists.

huh?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stryder Hiryu
huh? What is so confusing?

snoopdogg
Vampires are barely superhuman the strength difference is moot when it comes to master martial artists. That's a pretty dumb statement son.

iceman24567
That's a pretty dumb statement son. Ok i see you are trying to be annoying.

snoopdogg
Ok i see you are trying to be annoying. I thought you were trying to do that.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
still quite inferior to DD LOL.

iceman24567
I thought you were trying to do that. Yeah because i have gone out of my way to antagonize people like you roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg
Originally posted by golem370
He has experience fight superhumans aka vampires what could Daredevil do that he hasn't seen? Not a damm thing. Blade was killing vampires way before DD was even around.

Darth Martin
Daredevil wins in both scenarios.

Adding guns isn't saying much for Blade seeing as how Daredevil constantly hasd run-ins with the Punisher.

the ninjak
1- Daredevil

2- Blade

Trackz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Daredevil wins in both scenarios.

Adding guns isn't saying much for Blade seeing as how Daredevil constantly hasd run-ins with the Punisher. you realize in his run-ins with the punisher it was stated that the punisher was missing on purpose, and he didn't want to fatally wound dd.

Darth Martin
In all of them? erm Does that logic apply for his fights with Bullseye too?

Blade isn't on the level of top-tiers like Cap, Bats, BP, and DD. He's technically above them as he's superhuman in stats. But that hasn't stopped these guys from atleast holding their own against superhumans. Daredevil has held his own(and sometimes pwned) against the likes of Hammerhead, Tombstone, Hyde, Iron Fist, etc.

Guns and edged weapons don't exactly scare top-tiers into a corner.

Darth Jello
DD owns this one all the way. He fights skilled martial artists, armed combatants, and opponents much more powerful than he is on a regular basis and has beaten characters he theoretically shouldn't have. This list includes-
Bushwacker
Bullseye
Typhoid Mary
Kingpin
Tombstone
Hammerhead
Mr. Hyde
Shotgun
Bullet
The Punisher
Pyro
and The Blob (in fact he knocked Blob unconscious)

He's also stalemated Luke Cage, Echo, Taskmaster, Nuke, and Sabretooth and managed to hold of Namor, The Hulk, Captain America, and survived encounters with Mephisto and Black Heart.
I'd say that's out of Blade's league.

Battlehammer
1. Blade 7/10

based on what? what has blade shown in h2h that would have you believe he takes 7 wins in h2h verse DD?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Deadline
thumb up Very good post.
I agree with you, that was a good responses though I disagree with it conclusion.

Trackz
In all of them? erm Does that logic apply for his fights with Bullseye too?

Blade isn't on the level of top-tiers like Cap, Bats, BP, and DD. He's technically above them as he's superhuman in stats. But that hasn't stopped these guys from atleast holding their own against superhumans. Daredevil has held his own(and sometimes pwned) against the likes of Hammerhead, Tombstone, Hyde, Iron Fist, etc.

Guns and edged weapons don't exactly scare top-tiers into a corner. when has he beaten ironfist?

also the superhumans you listed may be superhuman, but they lack skill. Blade has the advantage of having an adequate mastery of martial arts in unison with his superhuman stats, they make up for the skill gap if not exceed it. The H2H fight would either be a stalemate or slightly in Blade's favor. It would be close, and if it were to happen in a comic I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Blade lost in a hand-to-hand fight.

Darth Jello
Bullseye is top tier. As far as ranking goes, DD is easily in the middle of the top 10 fighters in the Marvel Universe.

amnesia
Wesley Snipes know martial arts.

Ben Affleck doesn't. THE END

marwash22
1. DD
2. Blade

Darth Martin
when has he beaten ironfist? Re-read my post. I said he held his own against him. Something Blade shouldn't be able to do.

Trackz
Re-read my post. I said he held his own against him. Something Blade shouldn't be able to do. shouldn't be able to based on what? if you want to play the opponent game, I could easily bring up dracula (single handedly owned the x-men) or varnae (who had possessed a vampire that defeated ghost rider) or plokta. You cant use who a character has beaten as proof they would win, especially when the two characters occupy very different places in the marvel universe.

leonidas
so, in lieu of some of the recent blade fun....bumpity smile

ftr--i'd say dd takes him in straight h2h maybe 6-7/10 but loses maybe 6-7/10 with all gear involved. can't believe they never really had a good knock down drag out....least not that i recall.

beatboks
when has he beaten ironfist?

also the superhumans you listed may be superhuman, but they lack skill. Blade has the advantage of having an adequate mastery of martial arts in unison with his superhuman stats, they make up for the skill gap if not exceed it. The H2H fight would either be a stalemate or slightly in Blade's favor. It would be close, and if it were to happen in a comic I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Blade lost in a hand-to-hand fight.

No one said Matt beat IF. He has however stalemated him a few times. One of my all time fav scenes in a DD comicnis Matt acrobatically arching under an IF blow. Danny saying "nice move what do you call it" and DD replying "ducking".

Matt has also beat Namor, done bloody well vs Spidey (at least twice) and one plot heavy fight taken on and stalemated an Avengers linenup that had IM, Cap, Giantman, and Herc. Of course he took out two heavy hitters by striking one of Starks jet boots with a billy club sending him intoba spin into Herc.

Still he's faced much greater opponents than Blade H2H

krisblaze
I don't think surviving against people who are clearly out of his league is any indication of superiority.

Look at how he won/survived those fights and consider whether or not it's applicable to this particular fight. Striking Stark's jet boots is not stick out tongue

beatboks
Originally posted by krisblaze
I don't think surviving against people who are clearly out of his league is any indication of superiority.

Look at how he won/survived those fights and consider whether or not it's applicable to this particular fight. Striking Stark's jet boots is not stick out tongue

And THAT was exactly why I gave the context and openly stated PLOT was jnvolved, to clarify. He still faced Cap (who on stats matches Blade at the very least) and Giantman without plot help. He still stalemated Danny without plot (also easily Blade level statz) and matched Soidey with his reaction and radar anticipation of moves plus took down Namor with nerve strikes.

I openly showed the one that had plot aid to show i was open and clarify the others didn't

abhilegend
Daredevil wins 10/10.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Daredevil wins 10/10. https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65434137.jpg

Smurph
Bump

DarkSaint85
Like, i really think Blade should win, but DD has all these showings....

ODG
^ We go with current versions though so maybe narrow the inquiry to avoid your dilemma. Are you more comfortable that DD w/ current amps takes this fight?

Smurph
Well we go by OP, and we assume OP meant current versions unless otherwise specified

But OP was 2009, so...

DarkSaint85
Well its more that 'on paper', as it were, Blade should stomp. Superhuman stats, good skills, lethal weaponry....

But even unamped, base human DD has the showings to make it debatable. Comics, eh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.