Silver Surfer, Orion vs Superman, Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Classic Thor, everyone else current.

Who wins and why?

xJLxKing
Team 2 Solid Majority

Slaanesh
team 1 10/10

Bouboumaster
Team one wins. Sups is the weakling here

lawest9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team one wins. Sups is the weakling here I might agree only because he doesn't have energy manip powers.

But if this was a strength h2h only match.......then he wins hands down!

Enyalus
Heh. Well, Supes is only the weak link if he matches up against SS. Because Supes and Orion know each other so well, I don't think that will be the case.

And SS vs. Thor would most likely end in Thor's favor.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Enyalus
And SS vs. Thor would most likely end in Thor's favor.

only if it's current Thor..

Spire
Classic can take him....

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Spire
Classic can take him....

no he can't..

Spire
Bullshits.

Slaanesh
Bullshits.

why??why do u think classic Thor can take current Surfer??

the classic version of both char are virtually equals..so..why do u think classic Thor can take current Surfer when current surfer >> classic surfer??

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the classic version of both char are virtually equals..
Don't fall into the same trap I did.

Classic Thor was definitely superior to Classic Surfer, given their meetings.

Spire
why??why do u think classic Thor can take current Surfer??

the classic version of both char are virtually equals..so..why do u think classic Thor can take current Surfer when current surfer >> classic surfer??

I took your initial post as a 'no way'.

I was just responding on those terms.

Slaanesh
Don't fall into the same trap I did.

Classic Thor was definitely superior to Classic Surfer, given their meetings.

no..if both use their power wisely..i see SS as superior..but u know SS..he sukzz..he won't use his full powerset when he fight..that's why he lose..

Enyalus
no..if both use their power wisely..i see SS as superior..but u know SS..he sukzz..he won't use his full powerset when he fight..that's why he'll lose..
SS #4 was written by Stan Lee. No much higher you can get canon-wise in the MU. SS was amped by Loki in that issue, and Thor still took him down.

Classic Thor > Classic SS.

Slaanesh
SS #4 was written by Stan Lee. No much higher you can get canon-wise in the MU. SS was amped by Loki in that issue, and Thor still took him down.

i didn't read that..i don't know what happen there..so..i can't argue about it..where is all the Surfer fanboy when u need them sad

Spire
i didn't read that..i don't know what happen there..so..i can't argue about it..where is all the Surfer fanboy when u need them sad

Right here.

lawest9
i didn't read that..i don't know what happen there..so..i can't argue about it..where is all the Surfer fanboy when u need them sad I read it, and thor didn't exactly take SS down, loki was amping SS's power level while thor was essentially holding back and finally smashed surfer's cosmic shield entrapping his hammer.

And SS was shocked by thor's show of power with a single fist blow!

Slaanesh
Right here.

u r not the Surfer fanboy no expression

Originally posted by lawest9
I read it, and thor didn't exactly take SS down, loki was amping SS's power level while thor was essentially holding back and finally smashed surfer's cosmic shield entrapping his hammer.

And SS was shocked by thor's show of power with a single fist blow!

hem..so..they didn't really fought all out??

when i said that Surfer is better..it was only base on their powerset..in a comic fight..of coz the writer will let their fav char win..lets take Hal and Supes..if its all about powerset..Hal is way better than Supes..but in a comic fight..of coz the writer will let Supes win..

Spire
u r not the Surfer fanboy no expression

Why do you the lie?

Slaanesh
Why do you the lie?

what??are u saying that i was lying??when??

Spire
what??are u saying that i was lying??when??

Why do you the lie about your lie?

Slaanesh
Why do you the lie about your lie?

dude..why don't u just tell me what i was lying about?? confused

Naija boy

Er, what comic were u reading? I saw no "taking down" at all. Not only that but SS was written far less powerfull then anyways smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team one wins. Sups is the weakling here Agreed. Supes an dOrion are very close to one another and the battle could go either way. Surfer though is designed to beat Superman. Surfer can also hang with a sane Thor imo.

Raoul
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team 2 Solid Majority

Kris Blaze
Thor didn't take down the Surfer. The Surfer barely took him down. The Surfer had Loki's power added to his own. That's all there was to that fight.

Team 2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor didn't take down the Surfer. The Surfer barely took him down. The Surfer had Loki's power added to his own. That's all there was to that fight.

Team 2. Why isn't the Surfer going after Superman here?

Orion and thor being true warriors would most certainly test their skills against one another.

Surfer has also been upgraded since Thor beat him while he was insane.

manx422
ORION SOLOS

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
ORION SOLOS What???

manx422
Orion>darkseid>everyone else

The Nuul
Orion>darkseid>everyone else

laughing

Such a sock/troll.

manx422
bash

The Nuul
pokey

quanchi112
Orion>darkseid>everyone else Care to debate?

Philosophía
Team 2.

Warlord
Wonderwoman solos

lawest9
Originally posted by Warlord
Wonderwoman solos I don't recall putting diana in this fight!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 2

Raoul
Originally posted by lawest9
I don't recall putting diana in this fight!

who do you think walks around with the numbered cards between rounds?

xJLxKing
I doubt team 1 can win easily. Superman and Orion are about equal. I give it to Superman though(slightly). Current Thor is also stronger then Thor.

Mindship
SS was amped by Loki in that issue, and Thor still took him down. A little history review...
1. FF#50: Galactus removes the Surfer's "space-time powers" (first power reduction).
2. FF#72: the sonic shark "almost totally" drains the Surfer of his power (second and most profound power reduction).
3. FF#74: Surfer states (while blasting Galactus' Punisher) that his "...power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."
4. FF#76: Surfer states (while fighting the FF) that he "...no longer possesses the limitless powers of the cosmos..."
5. SS#2, Vol#1: Surfer states (while blasting a giant alien), "Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But, though I am less than before..." (This is just 2 issues before his first fight with Thor).
6. SS#4, Vol#1 (prior to fighting Thor): Surfer fights Loki to a draw. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power in prepping him to fight Thor. This still puts Surfer way below his original power level.

Furthermore: Surfer makes a correct tactical assessment and successfully acts on it: in their opening bout, where Surfer is attacking Thor "without let," he separates him from his hammer. Thor is on the ground, crawling...but what does Soarin' Norrin do? He hovers nearby and monologues. This is the pause which later allows Thor to (still, arguably) win. Imagine what might've occurred had the Surfer remained unrelenting in his attack.

where is all the Surfer fanboy when u need them sad smile
For what it's worth though, I don't think current Surfer is all that more powerful than classic (ie, pre-sonic-shark) Surfer...it might be more correct to say current Surfer is less willing to hold back.

Anyway, Team 1 wins. If this were current Thor...I'd be inclined to give it to Team 2. Hard to say at this point.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindship
A little history review...
1. FF#50: Galactus removes the Surfer's "space-time powers" (first power reduction).
2. FF#72: the sonic shark "almost totally" drains the Surfer of his power (second and most profound power reduction).
3. FF#74: Surfer states (while blasting Galactus' Punisher) that his "...power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."
4. FF#76: Surfer states (while fighting the FF) that he "...no longer possesses the limitless powers of the cosmos..."
5. SS#2, Vol#1: Surfer states (while blasting a giant alien), "Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But, though I am less than before..." (This is just 2 issues before his first fight with Thor).
6. SS#4, Vol#1 (prior to fighting Thor): Surfer fights Loki to a draw. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power in prepping him to fight Thor. This still puts Surfer way below his original power level.

Furthermore: Surfer makes a correct tactical assessment and successfully acts on it: in their opening bout, where Surfer is attacking Thor "without let," he separates him from his hammer. Thor is on the ground, crawling...but what does Soarin' Norrin do? He hovers nearby and monologues. This is the pause which later allows Thor to (still, arguably) win. Imagine what might've occurred had the Surfer remained unrelenting in his attack.

smile
For what it's worth though, I don't think current Surfer is all that more powerful than classic (ie, pre-sonic-shark) Surfer...it might be more correct to say current Surfer is less willing to hold back.

Anyway, Team 1 wins. If this were current Thor...I'd be inclined to give it to Team 2. Hard to say at this point.

OCsMKypvmB0

Mindship
banger blondeshake silversurfer blondeshake banger

Spire
laughing out loud

Enyalus
A little history review...

Ah. Thanks for the knowledge. I hadn't read the FF issues you listed. Not a big FF reader at all. That puts their fight in some context.

Mindship
Ah. Thanks for the knowledge. I hadn't read the FF issues you listed. Not a big FF reader at all. That puts their fight in some context. No problemo. smile

cloud102
Team 2.

Kris Blaze
Ah. Thanks for the knowledge. I hadn't read the FF issues you listed. Not a big FF reader at all. That puts their fight in some context.

Don't worry about it, Mindship is trying to angle it as much as he possibly can.

Like, he forgot to mention how said incidents have been retconned. Or that Surfer's current power no way should conflict with his judgement, and ability to differ between someone's who's stronger or weaker than him. Ooooor that Surfer mentioned that it felt like he was not in control of himself.

The idea that Loki ONLY doubled Surfer's power is ridiculous, and it's impossible to know truly how much Galactus depowered him. Trying to cling on to the comment "a fraction" is pretty much like when Mr, as great as he is, tries to calculate the Beyonder's power out of the statement "Compared to my home, your multiverse is like a drop in the ocean" Hardly an accurate statement, now is it?

And due to his vastly lacking Thor knowledge, he missed the fact that Loki was able to restore Thor during the Seth war. After a long time of torture at Seth's troops and heaving beatings from Mjolnir, Loki was able to restore Thor to almost full power. This did not even take HALF of Loki's strength.

Mindship
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Don't worry about it, Mindship is trying to angle it as much as he possibly can.

Like, he forgot to mention how said incidents have been retconned. Or that Surfer's current power no way should conflict with his judgement, and ability to differ between someone's who's stronger or weaker than him. Ooooor that Surfer mentioned that it felt like he was not in control of himself.

The idea that Loki ONLY doubled Surfer's power is ridiculous, and it's impossible to know truly how much Galactus depowered him. Trying to cling on to the comment "a fraction" is pretty much like when Mr, as great as he is, tries to calculate the Beyonder's power out of the statement "Compared to my home, your multiverse is like a drop in the ocean" Hardly an accurate statement, now is it?

And due to his vastly lacking Thor knowledge, he missed the fact that Loki was able to restore Thor during the Seth war. After a long time of torture at Seth's troops and heaving beatings from Mjolnir, Loki was able to restore Thor to almost full power. This did not even take HALF of Loki's strength. Please provide specifics (as I did) regarding where it was retconned. As for comments like "ridiculous," we'll simply leave that for what it is: personal opinion.

Kris Blaze
Please provide specifics (as I did) regarding, eg, where it was retconned. As for comments like "ridiculous," we'll simply leave that for what it is: personal opinion.

- I'll do some digging and find the retcon. I might throw in that he broke the supposed "Restriction" in his battle against Durok.

- Okay, ridiculous was a poor choice of word. I'll put it like this. We have no idea how much Loki amplified him, but we know that it's within Loki's power to go far beyond a double powerup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.