Ken Masters Vs Paul Pheonix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperkatmanX
anything goes

Gumachi
Ken beats the hell of out Paul.

Sado22
power: Paul. the man dusts human sized boulders, busts down walls and kicks grizzly ass for fun.
experience: paul. 48 years of street fighting and hasn't slowed down a bit
skill: arguable but since he's more experienced and the fact that he has stalemated/defeated Mishimas shows how insane he is
speed: Ken
i'd also point out that Paul is WAY more versatile incorporating submission holds, grapples and just has way more firepower than ken ever did. he has judo, karate, street fighting and what I think is Sambo all rolled into one bike riding, asskicking package.

the result: Paul stomps ken. ken has no feats, people. its time we all accept that.

~Sado

Kirikaze Fuuma
IIRC The only Ken's feat is tore a punching bag with one punch.

Gumachi
Guess I never really played Tekken & SF that much.

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Sado22
power: Paul. the man dusts human sized boulders, busts down walls and kicks grizzly ass for fun.
experience: paul. 48 years of street fighting and hasn't slowed down a bit
skill: arguable but since he's more experienced and the fact that he has stalemated/defeated Mishimas shows how insane he is
speed: Ken
i'd also point out that Paul is WAY more versatile incorporating submission holds, grapples and just has way more firepower than ken ever did. he has judo, karate, street fighting and what I think is Sambo all rolled into one bike riding, asskicking package.

the result: Paul stomps ken. ken has no feats, people. its time we all accept that.

~Sado

Ken does have a couple feats under the table somewhere.. you know hadoken, his shoryukens are devastating. itd be a good fight tho.. my moneys on paul

Darkstorm Zero
This has been done to absolute death YEARS ago, and neither side won, it was stalemate, and nothings changed.

I am who I am
Paul's got the edge in this fight. His voice makes me laugh hysterically, too.

SuperkatmanX
i reckon its an even match, kens pretty bad ass.. theyre my 2 favourite characters

peejayd
* strength - i think, Paul but not much...

* experience - Ken... training since he's a kid with Ryu, it's one hell of a training until he decides to be a family man, and he got a sensei for guidance... whilst, Paul does not have any discipline, consumed by recklessness, he was once defeated by Kuma... correct me if i'm wrong...

* skill - pretty even... Ken is near-equal, if not equal, with Ryu in terms of skill only preferring style instead of effectiveness, feat of his includes holding his own against Bison (although he is with Sakura)... Paul's greatest feat, i think, was when he defeated Kazuya unofficially...

* speed - pretty even also, but seems Ken is quicker, he is famous for his crazy kicks, esp. the Shippu Jinrai Kyaku, mastering that and the 5-hit Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku says it all, that's speed...

* firepower - Ken, of course... SF characters has advantage over projectiles...

* i don't know... if it's a friendly skirmish/sparring, it would be a draw, it's between Ken's speed versus Paul's strength... if it's a battle to death, i lean towards Ken... Ken might not have feats but Ryu does, and he's damn near-equal, if not equal, to Ryu... smile

Sado22
dude, ken never came close to the kind of feat Paul has shown. the day ken dusts a larger-than-human boulder with a single punch, let me know.

Paul's 48 years old, hasn't slowed down a bit and has been training deligently not only in dojos but also on the streets. Ken dojo dorked for 10 years, stopped it and went to American, got hitched and between SFA3 and SF2 he was actually bumming around and neglecting his training (only ryu's challenge made him train again).
Paul lost to Kuma because of recklessnes, true, but keep in mind that he just got screwed in the T3 tournament (having won it, remaining undefeated against all opponents and even defeating Ogre but not being named champ because Jin Kazama defeated True Ogre). he lost focus because he was disappointed and he was overly conscerned with wanting to fight Kazuya again he was being reckless.
keep in mind also that paul has more diversity than ken. while ken only has karate strikes, Paul has judo, submission, sambo, brawling, karate etc...he's actually MMA. he also has reversals, holds, throws and other things. that's why i'd give skill and experience to Paul, not ken.

he never defeated Kazuya. Ken has defeated Ryu once when ryu wasn't focused and in SF2 which isn't canonically prooved as of yet. Paul has a draw with Kazuya, an unconfirmed but obvious win over Heihachi and pre-devil Jin in Tekken3, a win over Ogre and a wiped the floor with two girzzly bears without weapons or projectiles. Paul has defeated the toptiers of his universe......and please remember that the Mishima's have shown endurance, durablity and power feats that Ken can't even compare to (or even ryu for that matter).

this one i'd give to Ken. Paul aint slow at all but Ken is more speed based than Paul who is power based.

true, but aside from range, hadouken hold no other advantage.

yes he is as good as ryu, but even between ryu and paul, i'd give the fight to Paul. power, speed, experience, durability all backed by feats as opposed to boring 3 moves that have no feats.

Paul>Ken, 7/10
Paul>Ryu, 6/10

~Sado

peejayd
dude, ken never came close to the kind of feat Paul has shown. the day ken dusts a larger-than-human boulder with a single punch, let me know.

* i love both characters, dude... i never said Ken is stronger than Paul, i've given that criteria to Paul, but Ken is not far behind... just like in speed category where i said Ken is quicker than Paul but Paul is not far behind...

Paul's 48 years old, hasn't slowed down a bit and has been training deligently not only in dojos but also on the streets. Ken dojo dorked for 10 years,

* Ken is in a serious training with Ryu... SF canon plotguide even said that he was even a virgin before he met Eliza proving he is practicing abstinence during his training...

stopped it and went to American, got hitched and between SFA3 and SF2 he was actually bumming around and neglecting his training (only ryu's challenge made him train again).

true, Ken's fighting spirit deteriorated when he settled down to raised a family with Eliza, but when he received a letter from Ryu and was encouraged to enter the tournament (SF 3), his spirit was rekindled... he was on his tip-top shape once again, and added Shippu Jinrai Kyaku to his deadly arsenal...

Paul lost to Kuma because of recklessnes, true, but keep in mind that he just got screwed in the T3 tournament (having won it, remaining undefeated against all opponents and even defeating Ogre but not being named champ because Jin Kazama defeated True Ogre). he lost focus because he was disappointed and he was overly conscerned with wanting to fight Kazuya again he was being reckless.

* i still think it's pretty even... Paul, while being stronger, tends to lose focus... i think it's a draw in skill and experience...

keep in mind also that paul has more diversity than ken. while ken only has karate strikes, Paul has judo, submission, sambo, brawling, karate etc...he's actually MMA. he also has reversals, holds, throws and other things. that's why i'd give skill and experience to Paul, not ken.

* i don't know about this concept, but what i can remember from the battle of Sanosuke and the monk Angie (Rurouni Kenshin), Kenshin advised Sanosuke that a man having two swords does not mean he can always beat a man having only one... even if you have only one but you can hit more effective shots, that's what counts most... similarly, Paul having many martial arts in his arsenal does not automatically mean he can beat anyone who has known lesser... but i gave Paul that credit that's why i still say they're even in skill...

he never defeated Kazuya.

* yes... sorry... Paul defeated Ogre, and walked out thinking he was already the winner not knowing True Ogre emerged afterwards...

* Paul never defeated Kazuya, but he stalemated him proving his great strength and skill...

Ken has defeated Ryu once when ryu wasn't focused and in SF2 which isn't canonically prooved as of yet.

* it was already confirmed that Ken really did beat an unfocused Ryu, but that does not mean anyone can beat Ryu in that state... they have been rivals and who knows how many matches they have made with each other... it can be correctly implied that Ken really is as good as Ryu... and with that, any Ryu feat can also be related with Ken but in a lesser degree, am i right?

Paul has a draw with Kazuya, an unconfirmed but obvious win over Heihachi and pre-devil Jin in Tekken3, a win over Ogre and a wiped the floor with two girzzly bears without weapons or projectiles. Paul has defeated the toptiers of his universe......and please remember that the Mishima's have shown endurance, durablity and power feats that Ken can't even compare to (or even ryu for that matter).

* but can be compared with Gouki, perhaps? but not Shin Gouki of course... i don't know, i think Ken and Ryu can hold their own against a normal Gouki...

this one i'd give to Ken. Paul aint slow at all but Ken is more speed based than Paul who is power based.

* agreed...

true, but aside from range, hadouken hold no other advantage.

* yes, and range is, if not the best, one of the best advantages in a fight...

yes he is as good as ryu, but even between ryu and paul, i'd give the fight to Paul. power, speed, experience, durability all backed by feats as opposed to boring 3 moves that have no feats.

Paul>Ken, 7/10
Paul>Ryu, 6/10

~Sado

* feats or no feats, the strength of the character can also be seen in their canon storyline... well, yeah, having no feats is clearly <<< over someone who has but judging from gameplay, i lean towards a quicker character over someone who is stronger... smile

Sado22
sorry, i didn't mean to sound accusing or something. I'm just saying that ken has no power feats so saying that ken isn't far behind should be backed up with a source.

well, that's true but they also didn't say why ken practiced abstinence. for all we know he's doing it cuz he's a strict christian laughing out loud
also the plot guide clearly mentions that ken began slacking off prior to SF2. paul never slacked off except in T4 but he didn't slackoff as much as he was upset at being screwed. ken had no excuses. he was just spending time with eliza on the beach.

true. oh, and i think he added teh jinraikyaku in SF3 or something.

fair enough, mate. i disagree with you on account of paul being older, hhaving a tougher contest, not even getting married and constantly fighting and having mixed form of martial arts instead of just one.

true. but paul's no rookie big grin

no you're right. ken is ryu's most worthy opponent so obviously he's equally whooping ryu. i talked about this before by comparing the two to Superman and WonderWoman. DC's clearly stated that Wonderwoman's a close second to Supes. that means that she can kick his ass at least 4/10. ryu and ken are the same. Ken has equal chances of beating ryu as ryu does but ryu's just "a bit better" than ken.

depends which ryu and ken you're talking about. Pre-SF2 ken and ryu'd get stomped. but SF4 we saw ryu doing pretty well against gouki (although i think it was the usual ryu pis routine).

yeah, agreed. that's what i said.

not a problem, mate big grin
I pick strength over speed

~Sado

SuperkatmanX
honestly i dont know what your talking about... Ryu would whoooooooooppp paul with his eyes shut.. thats why i made it ken vs paul. Ryu is way to powerful for paul he can dodge bullets.

Csdabest
are we including purely video games or feats from movies as well?

Sado22
he has never dodged bullets, per say and the only time we saw him do it was in the SFA anime where he was dodging a semi-automatic from a far range. that's not that impressive. Julia chang evaded a bullet in T4 from like 10 feet. that's more impressive than ryu's "feat". yet Julia's actually a much lower tier than Paul.

and just cuz he can dodge bullets doesn't mean shite. he's still been punched by people in the face...punches which are slower than bullets. paul's got better feats than ryu. dusting a boulder with a regular move is much more impressive than.....well, anything ryu's done to date.

all CANON feats count.

~Sado

peejayd
not a problem, mate big grin
I pick strength over speed

~Sado

* and i pick speed over strength, hahaha!!! big grin but i admit, i love both characters... Paul is my favorite Tekken character, close 2nd is Lei... in SF, Ken of course then Guile... smile

Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
honestly i dont know what your talking about... Ryu would whoooooooooppp paul with his eyes shut.. thats why i made it ken vs paul. Ryu is way to powerful for paul he can dodge bullets.

* i strongly disagree that Ryu can beat Paul and with much ease... Paul is a very tough guy, my friend... and by fighting seriously, he might even defeat Ryu... i vouch for Paul whilst in some criteria Ryu might have an edge... smile

Sado22
ditto. Paul's a beast. any guy who has no special bloodline or special powers but pure will and skill to hang in there and even defeat the mishima's is a one tough son of a b!tch. and honestly, ryu doesn't have a chance against the Mishimas. kazuya and jin literally shattered all the glass of a building with the impact force of their punches which actually missed. THAT is mishimas! even evil ryu has no feats that compare to that!

StyleTime
kazuya and jin literally shattered all the glass of a building with the impact force of their punches which actually missed.
Are we sure that preview was canon? Paul had the upper hand on Bryan if that's the case.

I'm not disagreeing, just wondering.

Darkstorm Zero
ditto. Paul's a beast. any guy who has no special bloodline or special powers but pure will and skill to hang in there and even defeat the mishima's is a one tough son of a b!tch. and honestly, ryu doesn't have a chance against the Mishimas. kazuya and jin literally shattered all the glass of a building with the impact force of their punches which actually missed. THAT is mishimas! even evil ryu has no feats that compare to that!

So says the man who faps over any conceivable chance to discredit SFer so much he can fill a supertanker or 10... sick wink

Seriously though, E.Ryu or current Ryu both have feats over Paul, breaking boulders? hows about lifting them. Challenging non deviled Mishima's? Gouki beats out any Devil in the feats department, and Ryu hung with him, (Beat him more than once, which is better than anyone elses record against Gouki)...

Wei Phoenix

What does dodging bullets have to do with power?

Sado22
why not. Paul's always been a higher tier than Bryan anyway. not to mention that Paul actually has been able to tango and (very possibly defeat) Heihachi and pre-fullyawakened-devil-powers Jin in T3, pwned Ogre and had a stalemate with Kazuya in T1 and (according to one Jun fansite) defeated Jun in T2 as well. the man's a toptier since T1.

Bryan is uppermidtier mostly. he has great feats but he never really did much in any tournament, let alone win or come close to winning. Paul went til the semis in T1, semis in T2, practically won the thing in T3. remember that he was UNDEFEATED in T3....a tournament that had Bryan, Jin, Heihachi, Hworang and other tough fighters.

well, you tell me something that ryu's done in terms of striking power that even comes close to shattering the glasses of a building in blows that didn't even connect. that's right, mate, those punches actually missed and STILL shattered the glass. and yet SF fanboys are talking about Gouken blowing back a waterfall as a feat. notice also that when jin did the jumping punch, he caused a wavelike motion on the hard tiles. that's insane power right there. not to mention that the moment they were in punching position the ground had started to shatter and float around them. all insane power feats, my friends.

we're talking about striking power, mate. and I'm pretty sure a man that can dust boulders with a punch can carry them if he has to. remember that the dude was literally cycling while carrying his whole harley strapped to his bike. bikes weight a motherphucker.

which was blatant PIS and we all know it. not to mention that it wasn't SHIN akuma but regular akuma. the feats we're talking about are for Shin akuma, not regular akuma. and even then, ryu's hogan routine amounts to absolutley nothing but plot induced stupidity.

the devils really don't get even a quarter of the screen time that Akuma has gotten over the years. what little we've seen of them, however, makes them insane.
-Devil Kazuya was able to smack and oneshot Heihachi in T4 with just a glare of his eyes...makes you wonder how powerful the beam is.
-Devil Jin was able to crush and destroy bob's bike without effort
-and remained immune to burning fuel and the explosion and didn't evne flinch
-Devil jin wrecked up a huge part of the forest
-healing factor: jin got shot like phuck in T3 but had not a single scratch on him 3 seconds later because of he turned into Devil Jin
-Jinpachi Mishima actually was a threat to all existence on earth....something akuma can't even hold a candle to

~Sado

SuperkatmanX
whats with the whole paul can dust boulders,, ryus hadouken can blow up buildings,, his shinku hadoukens are way stronger,, ryu lives and breaths only for fihghting.. Paul is out classed in this

Sado22
noncanon. officially, ryu's hadouken feels like a well landed kick.

SuperkatmanX
noncanon. officially, ryu's hadouken feels like a well landed kick.

where does it officially say this.

Kirikaze Fuuma
where does it officially say this.

it was from a book "hadouken no nazo". And street fighter plot guide posted it. Not only Ryu's hadouken. it's for Chun-Li's kikouken, Ken's hadouken, etc.

StyleTime
why not. Paul's always been a higher tier than Bryan anyway. not to mention that Paul actually has been able to tango and (very possibly defeat) Heihachi and pre-fullyawakened-devil-powers Jin in T3, pwned Ogre and had a stalemate with Kazuya in T1 and (according to one Jun fansite) defeated Jun in T2 as well. the man's a toptier since T1.

Bryan is uppermidtier mostly. he has great feats but he never really did much in any tournament, let alone win or come close to winning. Paul went til the semis in T1, semis in T2, practically won the thing in T3. remember that he was UNDEFEATED in T3....a tournament that had Bryan, Jin, Heihachi, Hworang and other tough fighters.
~Sado
I've always maintained that Paul is one of the more powerful fighters in Tekken canon and I don't have a problem with him beating Bryan. I'm saying that we don't know if that little preview was actually canon material, or if it was just a graphical display. Fighting games, games in general really, have been known to showcase new graphics by simply having characters give a little demo. I just don't think we should start mentioning those feats yet.

Sado22
maybe, but i feel that Namco wouldn't go out of their way to show stuff their character can't actually do just to show new graphics. i think they establish tiers or at least hint at tiers through those anyway. like Jin>Lee and Xiao>Nina back in the TTT days or stuff like that.
oh and needless to say, whatever they showed in that add doesn't really negate anything either.

btw, long time no see dude. where ya been? smile

~Sado

Shutter Shack
Not sure if this was mentioned. Paul and Bryan created a lite version of the force by Jin and Kazuya in one of the BR trailers. The following shows Paul pretty much beating up Bryan Fury, a person who doesn't get impacted as much by machine gun power or a tank assault. Then it shows Paul and Fury's punches stalemating considering Bryan can toss the top part of a tank for about a hundred yards.

6vp9n2IgbiM

-Edit- Oh, I guess it was brought up but not discussed in detail.

Not canon? I don't remember Namco ever introducing something in a trailer for an upcoming game that wasn't canon, at least not for Tekken.

As for the JinvsKaz part, why would it not be canon? The fact Jin and Kazuya will be facing off is a given. They're the leaders of the opposing organizations and the trailer(s) all hint that they will fight each other. Heihachi wants revenge. 'Nuff said.

Then there's the fact that even if it isn't, thread maker can allow it as he or she pleases.

Sado22
that's actually a power feat for Paul. he's hurting a guy who's practically immune to gunshots, tank shells and he stalemated the dude's punch.........a punch from the guy who can tear off the top of a tank and toss it several hundred feat away wihtout much effort.

Paul>>Ken

StyleTime
maybe, but i feel that Namco wouldn't go out of their way to show stuff their character can't actually do just to show new graphics. i think they establish tiers or at least hint at tiers through those anyway. like Jin>Lee and Xiao>Nina back in the TTT days or stuff like that.
oh and needless to say, whatever they showed in that add doesn't really negate anything either.

btw, long time no see dude. where ya been? smile

~Sado
Yeah, I agree that Paul wins either way. I just think, at least for consistency's sake, we should wait to mention that stuff.

Nowhere special really. I just don't get as deeply involved in these threads as much. I do miss the old days though. *Reminisces*
Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Not canon? I don't remember Namco ever introducing something in a trailer for an upcoming game that wasn't canon, at least not for Tekken.

Then there's the fact that even if it isn't, thread maker can allow it as he or she pleases.
I didn't say it was non canon. I said we should wait to use it.

True, but he didn't specify. Typically, we'd stick to canon unless otherwise stated.

SuperkatmanX
dude use what ever you want, just dont make me bring out Dark Hadou. His Ryu you cant **** with that

Shutter Shack
...that makes little sense...and it seems you forgot the reason you made this thread. stick out tongue

I'm saying Namco has not released non-canon stuff for their trailers for Tekken, ever. They only used part of intro sequences in their trailers, so there's no reason to think that for their 5th (or 6th) project they're going to show non-canon material. I know it's a guess, but a much greater guess than thinking it'll be part of a person's non-canon ending...

So it's allowed regardless? Paul undeniably has the edge as of this point. I guess SFIV didn't add enough to Ken's list, if it did anything.

Sado22
what are evil ryu's feats? roll eyes (sarcastic)
bullets bounce off his chest? great. they do the same for Bryan.
he can cause little earthquakes with a power up? great. Kazuya and Heihachi shake the ground with their stomps. Ogre shook the entire planet with a power up. Jin and Kaz practically levitated the ground just getting in the position of throwing a punch, shattered the entire glass off the building with the force of their blows that didn't even connect.

please, Evil Ryu is more overrated than Ryu..............and i didn't think that was possible no expression

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.