Current Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_noodle
Ive been hearing that current spiderman is weak....I dont follow spidey stuff much, so my question is: Does he still have natural webbing or does he have to use wrist web shooters again like he did a long time ago? And what else has changed?

kthxbai big grin

SamZED
What else? Other than he now sucks ass? Nothing. Well, it seems that he's weaker, lost all his strength speed upgrades and he's lost his organic webbing for reasons that Joe has yet to explain. And the whole "people no longer knowing who he is" is getting dumber with every issue.

StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't mind him returning to classic levels... but erasing his marriage from existence and making his jokes even lamer than before, that's horrible.

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't mind him returning to classic levels... but erasing his marriage from existence and making his jokes even lamer than before, that's horrible.
classic spiderman had some insane stuf under duress, all this one does it get beat up start to finish

Mindset
Spiderman always got beat up.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman always got beat up.
yea but look at how sad his current beatsing are. atleast he used to put up a fight

Mindset
The only fights he has lost, that I remember, are against Hammer Head and that Goblin lady.

In the first it could be he underestimated Hammer Head, which he seemed to do at first, and got caught off guard with his new upgrade, and in the second he was shot in the arm and overall beat up already.

Btw, Spiderman still seems pretty strong to me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Spider-Man593017.jpg

jalek moye
and why the hell is he so small, are they trying to make him look younger?

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. Looks like current version is essentially poor man's Ultimate Spider-Man sad

Arahan
They should call him Young Spiderman - For mainstream audience
and more money he fights xD

H. S. 6
That's probably the one thing that bothers me most; it's like they're trying to turn him into Ultimate Spider-Man-Lite.

Mindset
He only looks small when he has the suit on.

jalek moye
He only looks small when he has the suit on.
yea which i dont get. he use to look the same size. now it seems like they are making him look more like ultimate spiderman

ankur29
The only fights he has lost, that I remember, are against Hammer Head and that Goblin lady.

In the first it could be he underestimated Hammer Head, which he seemed to do at first, and got caught off guard with his new upgrade, and in the second he was shot in the arm and overall beat up already.

Btw, Spiderman still seems pretty strong to me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Spider-Man593017.jpg

he used to be twice as strong sad

Mindset
Maybe in handbooks, as far as feats go, not really.

jalek moye
yea hoestly he's always been around 10-15 tons

but yea i just dont like the current arc. I'll come to accept the stupid changes

BUSTER1
Didn't Spiderman recently get tagged by police shooting at him. In older stories, like from the early 90's -long before he got upgrades-Spiderman was easily dodging multiple automatic gunfire. From what I've seen current BND Spidey is less powerful than old classic Spidey.

ankur29
Maybe in handbooks, as far as feats go, not really.

but at least he was rightly able to say that he's stronger ,faster nd heals quicker etc

and wasnt there the instance where he threw an SUV into a building with one hand ... awesomeness eek!

class 20 is twice as cool as class 10 stick out tongue

Mindset
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Didn't Spiderman recently get tagged by police shooting at him. In older stories, like from the early 90's -long before he got upgrades-Spiderman was easily dodging multiple automatic gunfire. From what I've seen current BND Spidey is less powerful than old classic Spidey. Pretty sure he was fighting someone when he got shot.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he is less powerful at all.

WO Polaski
the mans lifted buildings and lifted things even modern She-Hulk could barely lift. erm

jalek moye
Originally posted by WO Polaski
the mans lifted buildings and lifted things even modern She-Hulk could barely lift. erm
but he did all that in his classic days also

and she hulk can lift more then anything he has

Mindset
the mans lifted buildings and lifted things even modern She-Hulk could barely lift. erm He never lifted a building.

And he's never lifted something that She Hulk couldn't.

Not sure what your point is, though.

WO Polaski
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4969/feat9strength2ui2.jpg

this is the building:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/764/feat46strength3ud2.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4342/feat46strength10equipmeyq6.jpg

both of those feats are way beyond 15 tons. does spiderman have that same strength post BND?

ankur29
Current spidey is chump sad , he has to be significantly depowered

in ASM 597 he got tagged fairly quickly by daken who explicitly doesn't even have superspeed , and hawkeye (bullseye) shot him with arrows simultaneoouly in the leg, he would of been dead if bulleye decided to shoot him in the head

Mindset
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4969/feat9strength2ui2.jpg

this is the building:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/764/feat46strength3ud2.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4342/feat46strength10equipmeyq6.jpg

both of those feats are way beyond 15 tons. does spiderman have that same strength post BND? Yea, he didn't lift the entire building.

The only way you could tell a difference now is if Spiderman failed to lift something. You can't say he's weaker because he hasn't shown any lifting feats, besides like one.

Originally posted by ankur29

in ASM 597 he got tagged fairly quickly by daken who explicitly doesn't even have superspeed , and hawkeye (bullseye) shot him with arrows simultaneoouly in the leg, he would of been dead if bulleye decided to shoot him in the head Daken is a bad example.

His pheromones allow him to hit people faster than himself, Wolverine and Deadpool for example.

Meh, it's Bullseye.

jalek moye

in ASM 597 he got tagged fairly quickly by daken who explicitly doesn't even have superspeed , and hawkeye (bullseye) shot him with arrows simultaneoouly in the leg, he would of been dead if bulleye decided to shoot him in the head
daken hit wolverine, who has hit spidey before

bullseye is having another im awesome point in his career

ankur29
Originally posted by jalek moye
daken hit wolverine, who has hit spidey before

bullseye is having another im awesome point in his career

but by powerset SM superspeed>>wolverines's enchanced speed>dakens trained human speed

SM says in that issue that dakens as fast as his dad, how is that possible spidey has said that logans as fast as him which is also pretty stupid
conidering his design was intened to inclide superspeed wheras teh other's were not ,

daken has human like speed, when logan asks him do you have superspeed , he says no ive trained to move fast

how is it that a trained human can hit SM,
doesn't superpowered body >trained human body in marvel.

and SM dodged faster porjectiles than arrows

Mindset

Daken is a bad example.

His pheromones allow him to hit people faster than himself, Wolverine and Deadpool for example.

ankur29

pheromones? i see , taht woudl explain things, but then again even without that ability he woudl of still hit spidey , as ppl with his speed i.e DD have always been able to do so

jalek moye
but by powerset SM superspeed>>wolverines's enchanced speed>dakens trained human speed

SM says in that issue that dakens as fast as his dad, how is that possible spidey has said that logans as fast as him which is also pretty stupid
conidering his design was intened to inclide superspeed wheras teh other's were not ,

daken has human like speed, when logan asks him do you have superspeed , he says no ive trained to move fast

how is it that a trained human can hit SM,
doesn't superpowered body >trained human body in marvel.

and SM dodged faster porjectiles than arrows
wolverine beign as fast as him isn't stupid, its just how it is.

you need to not be so wrapped up in powerlevels and like the character for who they are. I never liked spidey for who he can beat I liked him for his personality, unique powers, and the stories he's in

ankur29
wolverine beign as fast as him isn't stupid, its just how it is.

you need to not be so wrapped up in powerlevels and like the character for who they are. I never liked spidey for who he can beat I liked him for his personality, unique powers, and the stories he's in

fair enough wolverine's speed is beyond human limits so it makes sense when he comentssaying ogans as fast as him , but wolverine was never designed to be as quick as him, his SM's bread and butter

its like SM and flash , superman cant be faster than flash by purpose

its the worst when humans are able to beat up SM, a trained athlete is not = superhuman

jalek moye
you have take in account that spiderman holds back his strength on humans, and in the case of captain america kind of gets choked up

ankur29
you have take in account that spiderman holds back his strength on humans, and in the case of captain america kind of gets choked up

yh but what is his excuse when fighting DD or elektra , he shoudl own sad

jalek moye
yh but what is his excuse when fighting DD or elektra , he shoudl own sad
he holds his strength back, and doesn't try to spam attacks on them

just tries to subdue them without too much damage, which makes him lose

BruceSkywalker
I still read, but don't like current Spidey but the issues are getting better

jalek moye
i'm not a fan of the current story arc

TheMagicPillow

The only way you could tell a difference now is if Spiderman failed to lift something. You can't say he's weaker because he hasn't shown any lifting feats, besides like one.

it has been stated that he is weaker with his powers returning to there original limits (somewhere in-between 10-15 tons) as of brand new day (whether it was because of mephisto's deal or not is still up in the air). before that he was significantly more powerful because of "the other" and "the queen" stories.

jalek moye
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
it has been stated that he is weaker with his powers returning to there original limits (somewhere in-between 10-15 tons) as of brand new day (whether it was because of mephisto's deal or not is still up in the air). before that he was significantly more powerful because of "the other" and "the queen" stories.
the queen only gave organic webs.

ankur29
the queen only gave organic webs.

i think by queen , upgrades of the avenegrs disassembled arc are concerned where it left SM at class 15

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8890/05stredcp373uo.th.jpg

after the other he was class 20

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5053/spidermanhandbookpg30.th.jpg

i don'y imderstad why tehy had to get rid of the upgrades , stupid marvel , stupid BND

Phoenix2001
Come on guys, give Spidey some credit. He handed Norman his ass for a second time in the last issue... or was it 595? I can't remember.

SamZED

in ASM 597 he got tagged fairly quickly by daken who explicitly doesn't even have superspeed , and hawkeye (bullseye) shot him with arrows simultaneoouly in the leg, he would of been dead if bulleye decided to shoot him in the head He was weak from the bloodloss when Bullseye shot him, and Daken only tagged him because of the pheromone thing but yeah Spider-man is very depowered now. His spider sense works even worse than it worked BEFORE all his upgrades. Still, good to know that he's capable of winning fights against tough opponents like Daken.

jalek moye
Originally posted by SamZED
He was weak from the bloodloss when Bullseye shot him, and Daken only tagged him because of the pheromone thing but yeah Spider-man is very depowered now. His spider sense works even worse than it worked BEFORE all his upgrades. Still, good to know that he's capable of winning fights against tough opponents like Daken.
i'm sure he'll be back to normal after this arc is over. and by normal i mean to his awesome classic self instead of crappy classic one

SamZED
i'm sure he'll be back to normal after this arc is over. and by normal i mean to his awesome classic self instead of crappy classic one I hope so. That issue with Vulture almost made me puke. He was getting his ass kicked because he was blind. BLIND! I have a 20 year old book where Parker in order to test his ss does some crazy acrobatics with his eyes closed.

jalek moye
I hope so. That issue with Vulture almost made me puke. He was getting his ass kicked because he was blind. BLIND! I have a 20 year old book where Parker in order to test his ss does some crazy acrobatics with his eyes closed.
tahts what i'm saying i think its mostly jus tthe current writer, shouldn't this arc be ending this year anyway?

SamZED
tahts what i'm saying i think its mostly jus tthe current writer, shouldn't this arc be ending this year anyway? I think it should. Unfortunately that doesn't 100% mean it'll get better with another writer. sad

H. S. 6
None of the decreases in power irk me worse than the Spider-Sense. It was always his coolest, most unique power, and now it's been reduced to little more than a second-hand alarm.

ankur29
i think by queen , upgrades of the avenegrs disassembled arc are concerned where it left SM at class 15

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8890/05stredcp373uo.th.jpg

after the other he was class 20

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5053/spidermanhandbookpg30.th.jpg

i don'y imderstad why tehy had to get rid of the upgrades , stupid marvel , stupid BND

i assume spideys old bio applies to him now:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/th_spidey2004.jpg

BUSTER1
Originally posted by H. S. 6
None of the decreases in power irk me worse than the Spider-Sense. It was always his coolest, most unique power, and now it's been reduced to little more than a second-hand alarm.

Agreed.
Before he received any upgrades, Pete's spider-sense was a helluva lot better than it is now. I hope this is down to the current writer, and not b'cos Marvel have decided to make him less powerful than he was in his classic days.

Mindset
Originally posted by H. S. 6
None of the decreases in power irk me worse than the Spider-Sense. It was always his coolest, most unique power, and now it's been reduced to little more than a second-hand alarm. Examples?

SamZED
Examples? You mean examples of his ss working crappy? His recent fight with Vulture. He was blinded so he didn't know where Vulture's coming from and he couldn't move around well. In his classic days he could swing from one side of the city to another with his eyes closed.

SamZED
Here's a good example..

Arahan
Good old Spidey, we miss you.

ankur29
Originally posted by Arahan
Good old Spidey, we miss you.

if only we had good ol spidey + upgrades

SamZED
and minus stingers. @#$! stingers...

StiltmanFTW
and minus stingers. @#$! stingers...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think I've seen Ben Reilly with something like bone claws in some annual preview... messed

Please tell me I'm wrong and that was another character.

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think I've seen Ben Reilly with something like bone claws in some annual preview... messed

Please tell me I'm wrong and that was another character.

lol watch Ben Reilly have all of spideys upgrades

ankur29
lol watch Ben Reilly have all of spideys upgrades

thats actually quite a good idea , it coudl be a way to fix the upgrade erasing problems

spiderman other , evolve or die , so imagine reily has been reborn and has been living under the radar and has all the upgrades SM had , and in a fight with Peter he dominates cause he is more powerful , this coudl perhaps cause peter to remeber he also has these upgrades but has literally forgotten about them due to mephisto who coudl of screwed with SM's memory of upgrades so he gets beat up more and making his life difficult ??

H. S. 6
Examples?
You mean examples of his ss working crappy? His recent fight with Vulture. He was blinded so he didn't know where Vulture's coming from and he couldn't move around well. In his classic days he could swing from one side of the city to another with his eyes closed.

Additionally, he has mentioned several times that he can no longer tell from which direction the attack is coming from.

SamZED
Yeah, its like now he has ult Spider-man's spider sense.

harri
She-Hulk is stronger than Spider-man.

I don't read much Spidey any more, so i don't know.

Arahan
Well i liked the stingers. at least they should have stayed for a while.
It woulf have given some intresting vs Fights big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, they're starting to get ridiculous, I mean, it was bad enough that by the time they reached One More Day, Spidey was already too different and not the way he used to be. (plus, there was that stupid unmasking.) I was glad when I heard they'd bring back the old simple style storylines the Spider-Man series used to have, but when I found out how they did it, that made me angry. and erasing the whole marriage from the story also made me angry. plus, that wasn't a very good message. make a deal with the devil (or in this case Mephisto) to keep a loved one from dying? Spider-Man's supposed to deal with real life situations and death is apart of real life. he should've accepted the fact that Aunt May was dying, and should've come to a closure with her. but instead they use the most anticlimactic scenario out there!

plus the fact that even when they made the formula return to a simple storyline, it didn't help much. I still read the comics, but I'm very critical with it, right now.

ankur29
Well i liked the stingers. at least they should have stayed for a while.
It woulf have given some intresting vs Fights big grin

i liked the stingers aswell...

SamZED
Because it is so in character for Spider-man to stab someone in the eye?big grin

jalek moye
any body getting #600 today?

ankur29
any body getting #600 today?

isn't that next week??

599 this week

jalek moye
o yea next week. for some reason some places have it stated for today

SamZED
Just read dark reign - mister negative 2, that was awesome! Im starting to think that all his upgrades and downgrades mean sh!t. It all depends on the writer. 'cause this issue's Spider-man reminded me of that same guy who was pwning the living crap outta Kingpin in that prison fight.

Arahan
Because it is so in character for Spider-man to stab someone in the eye?big grin

It might happen :P

Thats why I said it could have stayed for a while.
After an epic fight with Wolverine, Logan cuts the stingers
and they dont grow back. Spidey pissed off about his stingers
catches Logans arms faster than lightning, stabs Logan with
his own claws through the eyes.

In the end.....Quicksilver wins

Happy Dance eek! big grin

ankur29
Just read dark reign - mister negative 2, that was awesome! Im starting to think that all his upgrades and downgrades mean sh!t. It all depends on the writer. 'cause this issue's Spider-man reminded me of that same guy who was pwning the living crap outta Kingpin in that prison fight.

mister Negative did upgrade spidey though

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7903/drmn2lucybutlerdcp032.th.jpg sad

jalek moye
mister Negative did upgrade spidey though

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7903/drmn2lucybutlerdcp032.th.jpg sad
all he did was make him evil

ankur29
all he did was make him evil

no... he says "however powerful SM was before it pales next to what he is now"

that surely means SM is more powerful than before...hence upgraded

jalek moye
no... he says "however powerful SM was before it pales next to what he is now"

that surely means SM is more powerful than before...hence upgraded

no because he's going all out the lighter they are the darker they become. The good in peoples heart holds them back, aslong as he's under his control he wont hold back

ankur29
no because he's going all out the lighter they are the darker they become. The good in peoples heart holds them back, aslong as he's under his control he wont hold back

fine , if you say so , but it doesn't read that to me

SamZED
That's how i understood it too, Negative meant that now Spider-man wont hold back.

jalek moye
So what happened in issue 600

SamZED
A lot. Spidey saving the day and showing he's smart, Ock, the wedding, Mary Jane, Wolverine threatening to rape Spider-man with his claws...

jalek moye
What happening with him and mary jane

SamZED
Nothing. She just appeared at the end of the story. she didnt even get to say "hey tiger"sad

It might happen :P

Thats why I said it could have stayed for a while.
After an epic fight with Wolverine, Logan cuts the stingers
and they dont grow back. Spidey pissed off about his stingers
catches Logans arms faster than lightning, stabs Logan with
his own claws through the eyes.
That would've been cool to read, but they'd never let Parker fight like that so he could beat Logan.. sad

Darth Jello
From what I've been hearing, this whole brand new day thing is incredibly stupid, especially considering that Spidey has history with Mephy and you'd think he wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for it, especially after seeing what he and Blackheart did to Matt Murdock.

SamZED
What kind of history exactly?

Darth Jello
During Ann Nocenti's run on Daredevil, there was a storyline involving Mephisto. It's kind of convoluted but basically Mephisto got lured to Earth when the X-Men were dicking around during inferno. During this time, Daredevil was beaten to within an inch of his life but still managed to fight off demons from his hospital bed. Mephy thought this devil poser thing was pretty offensive and started bugging him. He left town and eventually encountered Blackheart in the country who he managed to beat with Spider-Man's help and I could be wrong (I haven't read the issues in awhile) but Spidey and DD were really taught a lesson here. DD ended up meeting an android, a runaway kid, and two of the inhumans searching for their kid. Mephisto and Blackheart ended up sending all of them to hell, killing the girl and torturing them until the Silver Surfer showed up and stopped the whole affair. DD was so messed up by this that after a brief encounter with Captain America and a tussle with Crossbones, he forgot who he was.
I figure that since DD and Spidey are pretty close, DD would have at least taken the time to say, "Hey, don't get involved with this guy, he kills people and managed to mess me up worse than the Kingpin, Mysterio, and the Snakeroot."

Arahan
What the heck is going on in the Spideman Universe.
Just read 605. Eveything I knew about Spidey is just twisted.
And it seems that they want to bring MJ and Peter back (sooner or later)
Isnt there anyone who can clear that mess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.