Mandrakk vs. Thanos w/ HOTU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's been alluded to by some people that Mandrakk is a God even above the power of the HOTU. So, I'm curious then how some people see this battle playing out.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Mr Master
If Mandrakk is the Presence ... then he stalemates THOTI.

Otherwise, the HOTI ain't losing.

Philosophía
Mandrakk.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Philosophía
Your welcome. smile

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
I've read so many posts with that mistake that my subconscious probably affected my typing. I...it...it's not my fault. sad

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
My ego won't let me. uhuh

guy222
Thanos w/HOTI

quanchi112

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mr Master
If Mandrakk is the Presence ... then he stalemates THOTI.

Otherwise, the HOTI ain't losing.

the Primal Monitor is higher than the Presence. Mandrakk is an aspect of it.

HOTU doesn't have the capability of destroying him. But...

Actually, since Mandrakk was above the concept of the multiverse and everything in it, **** it.

Mandrakk wins. Kiss my ass. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
the Primal Monitor is higher than the Presence. Mandrakk is an aspect of it.

HOTU doesn't have the capability of destroying him. But...

Actually, since Mandrakk was above the concept of the multiverse and everything in it, **** it.

Mandrakk wins. Kiss my ass. stick out tongue Thanos can absorb everything from the dc verse with the heart and that includes Mandrakk or the presence for that matter imo.

Enyalus
Thanos, easily.

cloud102
Mandrakkk.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Mandrakkk.
Give me one good reason why. You wanna say that he was planning on eating the DC multiverse? Fine.

HOTU did eat the Marvel omniverse. On panel. HOTU's feats shit all over Mandrakk, and his hype is ridiculous.

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
Give me one good reason why. You wanna say that he was planning on eating the DC multiverse? Fine.

HOTU did eat the Marvel omniverse. On panel. HOTU's feats shit all over Mandrakk, and his hype is ridiculous.

They both eat each other. And he's cooler. THATS WHY!

Slaanesh
thanos

Enyalus
They both eat each other. And he's cooler. THATS WHY!

Mandrakk is not cooler than Thanos at all.

Mandrakk is an archetypal and cliche douchebag.

cloud102
Mandrakk is not cooler than Thanos at all.

Mandrakk is an archetypal and cliche douchebag.

In your opinion, of course. There is no clear cut winner, IMO, and you just have to feel your gut here.

Enyalus
In your opinion, of course. There is no clear cut winner, IMO, and you just have to feel your gut here.
No, that's not even my opinion lol. Mandrakk is designed to be an archetype of the stererotypical bad guy.

Cliche.

cloud102
Doesn't make him any less interesting. I mean how many times has Thanos failed?

Enyalus
I mean how many times has Thanos failed?
How many times has he succeeded?

Thanos is a well developed character with an interesting and complex personality. Mandrakk is evil, plain and simple. With bad dialogue.

Xzpunisher
Thanos wins with HOTU

Without Mandrakk stomps Thanos

cloud102
How many times has he succeeded?

Thanos is a well developed character with an interesting and complex personality. Mandrakk is evil, plain and simple. With bad dialogue.

Really? I haven't always disliked Thanos. Really got into him during the 90's, like most of Marvel's stuff, but last few stories (last Starlin one and one before that) have left me uninspired.

quanchi112
They both eat each other. And he's cooler. THATS WHY! At least you admit your bias. I don't see how anyone could say this character was cooler.

TricksterPriest
Mandrakk is above the concepts and limits displayed by the HOTU. Also, there is a huge difference not being illuminated.

HOTU absorbed a multiverse. Mandrakk feeds on "Story." And unluckily for Thanos, his story is WEAK. And Mandrakk is above a multiverse by so much it's not even funny.

Enyalus
Mandrakk is above the concepts and limits displayed by the HOTU.
Thanos didn't have any limits.

Mandrakk wasn't above multiversal level. And was beaten by Superman. Go away.

Naija boy

Mandrakk wasn't above multiversal level. And was beaten by Superman. Go away.

Eny laid down the law.

Astner
It's not about who has the most fanboys rooting for him, it's about realizing the simple fact that Thanos would utterly destroy Mandrakk, whether it be through creating his own miracle machine or simply absorb him.

kgkg
Thanos, easily.

Kris Blaze
Nobody seems to understand the concept of Mandrakk.

Thanos would only win in a context where he represents "good" or the comic book reader's desire for good to prevail. The thanos fan's belief in him should be more than enough to warrant a victory over Mandrakk smile

Astner
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Nobody seems to understand the concept of Mandrakk.
No, everybody understands what he is and represents. Thing is, the outcome of battles are determined by feats.

If someone breaks the forth wall, or is an representation of that doesn't matter. Because one could in the same sense argue that if a battle was written in a She-Hulk comic she'd just scramble the page and throw it down a trash can.

If someone represented the concept of always being greater than his opponent would he take down The-One-Above-All?

Galan007
Mandrakk wasn't above multiversal level. And was beaten by Superman. Go away. It's not that simple (as I'm sure you know.) Mandrakk was beaten by a story 'better' than his own. That's why it could have only been Superman (utilizing the CA) who overcame him - as his story is > all others. Understand that this is almost purely a conceptual battle. Other attributes hardly play a factor at all.

Avlon
No, that's not even my opinion lol. Mandrakk is designed to be an archetype of the stererotypical bad guy.

Cliche.

Unfortunately a cliche who was made to be defeated only by a "story" better than his own.

So unless it's Supes, Jesus, or another character than seriously transcends regular comics/stories on a whole other level then they aren't winning.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
It's not that simple (as I'm sure you know.) Mandrakk was beaten by a story 'better' than his own. That's why it could have only been Superman (utilizing the CA) who overcame him - as his story is > all others. Understand that this is almost purely a conceptual battle. Other attributes hardly play a factor at all.
He was physically overpowered and thrown into the Overvoid by Superman in a PIS suit of armor.

HOTI, as I'm sure you'd agree, is about the biggest PIS device out there save for the Miracle Machine. And Thanos' feats also surpass Mandrakk's. And his implied as well as demonstrated power surpasses Mandrakk's.

All this 'story' and 'fiction/metafiction' crap is exactly that. 4th Wall stuff that shouldn't be included in a vs. powerset. Otherwise Deadpool, She-Hulk, and Mxy would always win their battles. Him losing to Superman's 'story' is ridiculous to argue for in a vs. battle, because on panel he was flat out overpowered by Superman. That's it. Whatever other crap Morrison attaches to it, good for him. No one argues that the reason why Mxy will win his battles is because he's going to jump out of the comic into the real world, grab the script for the character he's fighting in the match, and alter it to affect the outcome. Ditto for other 4th Wall-type characters. There is no 'story' here on KMC. There's the characters and what they've done.

And Thanos wins with ease. Mandrakk's facing a Supreme Being here.

quanchi112
Mandrakk is above the concepts and limits displayed by the HOTU. Also, there is a huge difference not being illuminated.

HOTU absorbed a multiverse. Mandrakk feeds on "Story." And unluckily for Thanos, his story is WEAK. And Mandrakk is above a multiverse by so much it's not even funny. Based on?Originally posted by Enyalus

Mandrakk wasn't above multiversal level. And was beaten by Superman. Go away. laughing out loud Originally posted by Astner
No, everybody understands what he is and represents. Thing is, the outcome of battles are determined by feats.

If someone breaks the forth wall, or is an representation of that doesn't matter. Because one could in the same sense argue that if a battle was written in a She-Hulk comic she'd just scramble the page and throw it down a trash can.

If someone represented the concept of always being greater than his opponent would he take down The-One-Above-All? Exactly. If we went by this logic characters can jump out of the comic books and destroy each other. It's beyond ridiculous.

These fights never take place outside the story or even in a story. That's the point because in the stories Superman/Hulk/Thor rarely die or are beaten at the end.

Here Thanos stomps.

quanchi112
He was physically overpowered and thrown into the Overvoid by Superman in a PIS suit of armor.

HOTI, as I'm sure you'd agree, is about the biggest PIS device out there save for the Miracle Machine. And Thanos' feats also surpass Mandrakk's. And his implied as well as demonstrated power surpasses Mandrakk's.

All this 'story' and 'fiction/metafiction' crap is exactly that. 4th Wall stuff that shouldn't be included in a vs. powerset. Otherwise Deadpool, She-Hulk, and Mxy would always win their battles. Him losing to Superman's 'story' is ridiculous to argue for in a vs. battle, because on panel he was flat out overpowered by Superman. That's it. Whatever other crap Morrison attaches to it, good for him. No one argues that the reason why Mxy will win his battles is because he's going to jump out of the comic into the real world, grab the script for the character he's fighting in the match, and alter it to affect the outcome. Ditto for other 4th Wall-type characters. There is no 'story' here on KMC. There's the characters and what they've done.

And Thanos wins with ease. Mandrakk's facing a Supreme Being here. Couldn't agree more.

TricksterPriest

And Thanos wins with ease. Mandrakk's facing a Supreme Being here.

He was overpowered by an armor made by Mandrakk himself before his fall. Get your hating bullshit out of here.

DP and She-Hulk are irrelevant. But it's interesting your bring up Mxy. THE ONLY CHARACTER WITH NOT ONLY LEGITIMATE 4TH WALL BUSTING POWERS, but the ability to use it as a weapon and part of his powerset. You and Mr. M can hate all you want. But it does not change the essential nature of his powers, or Mandrakk's.

Implied power? HA! Mandrakk was the most powerful entity in DC save for the Prime Monitor itself. Given the scale and nature of his abilities, even the Presence itself might not be able to stop it. Superman used Mandrakk's powers against it by wishing for the one thing that could actually stop him. A literal "Happy Ending." That was not a joke, it was the only way to stop him.

PIS= I don't like it, it didn't happen. Or, I don't want my guy to lose despite the obvious.

" No one argues that the reason why Mxy will win his battles is because he's going to jump out of the comic into the real world, grab the script for the character he's fighting in the match, and alter it to affect the outcome." Actually, I can make a legitimate arguement that he can do exactly that. And you can't say a thing to prove otherwise. big grin

you want to disbar meta-fiction? Too bad. That's the entire premise of the character. Morrison himself attached all that extra shit as you put it. Just because you're too much of an ignorant tool like Quan to appreciate a brilliant concept, don't try and insult the rest of us by making us listen to your fanboy drivel.

Enyalus
He was overpowered by an armor made by Mandrakk himself before his fall. Get your hating bullshit out of here.
The armor has one feat and an attached no-limits fallacy to it. Its no better than Hulk fanboys saying Hulk won't lose to anyone because he'll get infinitely stronger and more durable.

Its the literal definition of a plot device/PIS. I'm sure even Galan or Allan would agree.

DP and She-Hulk are irrelevant. But it's interesting your bring up Mxy. THE ONLY CHARACTER WITH NOT ONLY LEGITIMATE 4TH WALL BUSTING POWERS, but the ability to use it as a weapon and part of his powerset. You and Mr. M can hate all you want. But it does not change the essential nature of his powers, or Mandrakk's.
I don't know enough about She-Hulk to argue for her, but that is a part of Deadpool's powerset. That he knows he's a comic character. And has visited the Marvel Offices before.

Implied power? HA! Mandrakk was the most powerful entity in DC save for the Prime Monitor itself.
That's nice. And within the Marvel Universe, Thanos was the most powerful entity. Not second.

PIS= I don't like it, it didn't happen. Or, I don't want my guy to lose despite the obvious.
Hulk losing at the end of WWH = PIS. Superman saving the omniverse by vibrating = PIS. Odin shaking the multiverse = PIS. Mandrakk only losing to someone with a better story = PIS. The entire ending of FC = PIS.

Etc.

" No one argues that the reason why Mxy will win his battles is because he's going to jump out of the comic into the real world, grab the script for the character he's fighting in the match, and alter it to affect the outcome." Actually, I can make a legitimate arguement that he can do exactly that. And you can't say a thing to prove otherwise. big grin
Sure you could. You could also be a douche for doing so.

Just sayin'.

you want to disbar meta-fiction? Too bad. That's the entire premise of the character.

The fictional story of a character is irrelevant in a versus match. Mandrakk beat Spectre and Radiant off-panel and was going to consume the DC multiverse. That's his best feat.

It pales in comparison to what Thanos did. So Thanos wins.

xJLxKing
Why are people even use Mandrakk.
-He has absolutely no feats. His power relies on the "story"

If I remember correctly. The Primal Monitor(the big one) saw everything in DCU as germs, but they had something very powerful. Infinite and infinite amount of stories. This is what Mandrakk feeds on.

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If I remember correctly. The Primal Monitor(the big one) saw everything in DCU as germs, but they had something very powerful. Infinite and infinite amount of stories. This is what Mandrakk feeds on.
Cool. Then Thanos absorbs the DCU so Mandrakk has no more stories to feed on, and proceeds to beat his ass.

xJLxKing
Cool. Then Thanos absorbs the DCU so Mandrakk has no more stories to feed on, and proceeds to beat his ass.
As long as there is life, there is a story!

Enyalus
As long as there is life, there is a story!
Just, stop it please.

The fact that certain posters believe Mandrakk, someone who was beaten by an amped Superman, can take down the Supreme Being of the MU at the time is retarded.

xJLxKing
Just, stop it please.

The fact that certain posters believe Mandrakk, someone who was beaten by an amped Superman, can take down the Supreme Being of the MU at the time is retarded.

Mandrakk is a PIS character. He can't be stopped if the the story doesn't let him.

If you go by feats Thanos easily.

quanchi112
Mandrakk is a PIS character. He can't be stopped if the the story doesn't let him.

If you go by feats Thanos easily. There is no story in a vs thread. She Hulk also doesn't tear up the comic in a vs thread.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
There is no story in a vs thread. She Hulk also doesn't tear up the comic in a vs thread.
Which is why I said Mandrakk shouldn't be used

quanchi112
Which is why I said Mandrakk shouldn't be used Well he is being used. There is no story for this vs thread and by abilities and feats Thanos stomps.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well he is being used. There is no story for this vs thread and by abilities and feats Thanos stomps.
There is a story. The story is Mandrakk and Thanos fighting big grin

Galan007
He was physically overpowered and thrown into the Overvoid by Superman in a PIS suit of armor. And without a 'better' story, Superman would not have been able to do that (CA armor or not.) Point being; the only way to 'beat' Mandrakk is with a story > his own.

Enyalus
And without a 'better' story, Superman would not have been able to do that (CA armor or not.) Point being; the only way to 'beat' Mandrakk is with a story > his own.
Okay. Even playing by those ridiculous rules, being specially chosen by GOD to become the next GOD and fix the Marvel Universe when you originally wanted to kill it is a damn fine story, if I say so myself. Much better than Mandrakk's. stick out tongue

...Though, The End itself kinda sucked.

TricksterPriest
Okay. Even playing by those ridiculous rules, being specially chosen by GOD to become the next GOD and fix the Marvel Universe when you originally wanted to kill it is a damn fine story, if I say so myself. Much better than Mandrakk's. stick out tongue

If Thanos was all powerful, why did he have to DIE to fix the marvel multiverse? He basically outright said that he was duped by God into taking the bait.

Kris Blaze
There are many, many stories better than Mandrakk's.

Marvel: The End is not on that list.

xJLxKing

Even with Superman's story, he still needed to use Miracle machine to wish for a happy ending evil face

I got a question.
Can Thanos using HOTU make his own universe where thing play out they way he wants to. If so, he wins big grin

Galan007
Marvel: The End is not on that list. thumb up

Kris Blaze
Opinions vary

And what is your opinion?

Galan007
And what is your opinion? That 'The End' was garbage?

kevdude
And without a 'better' story, Superman would not have been able to do that (CA armor or not.) Point being; the only way to 'beat' Mandrakk is with a story > his own.

thumb up Do you think the CA armor is needed as well?? I think it would be.

Galan007
It was most certainly needed.

Philosophía
The way I read it, it was made quite clear that the only person, the only story able to combat Mandrakk was Superman's.

Kris Blaze
That 'The End' was garbage?

thumb up

I didn't see your edit.

Astner
Thanos makes a better story. --Damn this is stupid. Fanboys throwing out no-limits fallacies to justify their fanboyism.

skyfather
Originally posted by Astner
Thanos makes a better story. --Damn this is stupid. Fanboys throwing out no-limits fallacies to justify their fanboyism. thumb up
It's pathetic that they stoop to this lvl.

Mindset

TricksterPriest

Galan007
Damn this is stupid. Fanboys throwing out no-limits fallacies to justify their fanboyism. It's an absolute fact that only the greatest story of them all (ie. Superman's) was powerful enough to overcome Mandrakk.

There is no fallacy whatsoever in that statement.

Mr Master

It's pathetic that marvel fans are so dumb.
No offense T, but your ass writes a lot of shit ...

Mandrakk these nuts dogs,
yall can continue to salivate over that ridiculous concept,
but that's nothing but horse droppings where Marvel is concerned.

I could care less if IN the DC world Mandrakk eats story or whatever other nonsense,
Mandrakk isn't a Marvel character, and he has no affiliation to Marvel either,
so ... Mandrakk isn't eating shit ... that dumbass plot may work in a DC constricted book,
but this is not an isolated DC match,
so please with this Mandrakk cop out cheese move yall pressing.

Thanos re-creates Byrne's She-Hulk,
She-Hulk smacks up Morrison, and forces him to make Mandrakk her slave,
end of story,
or,
She-Hulk simply rpis off the page where Mandrakk is written to eat,
again, end of story.

See, I can summon nonsensical comedy too. erm

xJLxKing
yall can continue to salivate over that ridiculous concept,
but that's nothing but horse droppings where Marvel is concerned.

Aren't we suppose to use the rules when it comes to this?

TricksterPriest
You're so blind. None of this is nonsense. It is merely the undisputable nature of the character.

Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:35:19 PM)
the prime monitor is the entity that created the entire DC multiverse
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:35:29 PM)
even the presence
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:35:49 PM)
Dax Novu was the first of the monitors
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:02 PM)
the presence created the rest of the DCU
Badabing says: (2:36:21 PM)
Yeah but what has he done? _He got beat by SUpes with the cosmic armor. _Maybe if you post some info in the threads it will be easier.
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:33 PM)
Dax Novu was poisoned by the idea of stories in the DCU
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:46 PM)
you're missing the symbolism and reading between the lines
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:50 PM)
he feeds on story
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:55 PM)
even the story of the presence
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:36:59 PM)
the story of DC itself
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:37:26 PM)
dax novu split into the anti-monitor and the monitor
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:37:54 PM)
but the real dax novu became an idea
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:38:05 PM)
the monitors believed he was evil,
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:38:18 PM)
and through their belief, he became the idea of evil
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:38:30 PM)
the vampire mandrakk, who feeds on the ideas of the DCU
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:38:34 PM)
the story itself
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:38:46 PM)
the entire DCU is a germ to the monitors
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:39:10 PM)
the monitors are feeding on the multiverse
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:39:39 PM)
Mandrakk's power is that he is beyond the ability of anything in the DCU to defeat
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:39:41 PM)
even the presence
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:39:51 PM)
Dax Novu, before his fall, created a weapon
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:40:05 PM)
the thought armor which we call Cosmic Armor Superman
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:40:19 PM)
Superman was picked because he and only he could defeat Mandrakk
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:40:29 PM)
the armor was powerful,
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:40:39 PM)
but it needed a story greater than Mandrakk's
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:41:03 PM)
Superman was the one, the story that surpassed all others, the first superhero, and only he could have won that fight
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:41:37 PM)
superman in the cosmic armor, held limbo, the dimension, in his hand
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:41:47 PM)
the orrery of worlds,
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:41:50 PM)
do you know what that is?
Badabing says: (2:42:10 PM)
Paul and I talked. _Mandrakk = Thanos with the IG.
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:42:15 PM)
*face
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:42:16 PM)
fools
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:42:29 PM)
the orrery is everything in DC
Badabing says: (2:42:32 PM)
lol. _.J/K
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:42:41 PM)
Mandrakk is bigger than DC itself
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:42:53 PM)
even the Spectre and the Presence
Viewtiful Mazin says: (2:43:05 PM)
bigger than the hand at the dawn of creation

The sheer scale of this thing is apparently too great for you to understand.

Read FC. Read Superman Beyond. See if we're BSing. Because I guarantee not one of the people disputing our claims actually understands the scale of what happened in those stories.

You refuse to acknowledge any kind of 4th wall save as a joke. But when confronted by something that doesn't fit the marvel defintion, you just call it BS and refuse to actually debate it. Because you can't win in a real match.

Call it stupid or whatever. But mandrakk still wins. Because this isn't a marvel biased site. Powers from one universe work in another on this forum to a degree. And matches take place in a neutral setting, where both combatents can use all of their powers.

Kris Blaze
Looks like a hole lot of MSN harrassing.

Galan007
Mr M went all 'gangsta' on us. eek!

Badabing
Trick's interpretation is pretty much correct.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Badabing
Trick's interpretation is pretty much correct.
But it's hard to imply that to VS Topic. Those characters shouldn't be in VS threads

TricksterPriest
I already asked them if they were ok with banning Mandrakk, CA Supes, Primal Monitor............., and The Doctor.

Mr Master

You're so blind. None of this is nonsense.
It is merely the undisputable nature of the character.
It's simply Morrison doing his inventive writing,
but it's still outside of conventional comic-book fictional writing,
and instead is more of a 4th wall type concept.

No illustrated character in a story,
should be able to eat his own story where he himself is an imagined fantasy made by ink.

even the presence
Yeah but what has he done? _He got beat by SUpes with the cosmic armor. _Maybe if you post some info in the threads it will be easier.
he feeds on story
the story of DC itself
the story itself
Mandrakk's power is that he is beyond the ability of anything in the DCU to defeat
even the presence
the armor was powerful,
Superman was the one, the story that surpassed all others, the first superhero, and only he could have won that fight
the orrery of worlds,
*face
fools
lol. _.J/K
no expression

If any character supposedly rips pages off of comics,
or eats stories within a comic, where the character itself is part of the story, lol,
I call that 4th wall garbage,
and it doesn't belong in the midst of conventional comic book writing.

laughing

Read FC. Read Superman Beyond. See if we're BSing. Because I guarantee not one of the people disputing our claims actually understands the scale of what happened in those stories.
I will read it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it,
but I will never take it as a serious comic book story,
since it involves stupidity on a 4th wall scale.

You refuse to acknowledge any kind of 4th wall save as a joke. But when confronted by something that doesn't fit the marvel defintion, you just call it BS and refuse to actually debate it. Because you can't win in a real match.
Gibberish.

I do acknowledge what yall are stating about this arc with Mandrakk,
and this is the very reason I think it doesn't belong in a vs match with other characters,
that are trapped by comic book laws.

Call it stupid or whatever. But mandrakk still wins. Because this isn't a marvel biased site. Powers from one universe work in another on this forum to a degree. And matches take place in a neutral setting, where both combatents can use all of their powers.
Nah dogs, never.

How are you gonna jam this Mandrakk cat into a Marvel based setting?

Mandrakk can eat story in DC,
because it was written by a current DC writer in a DC book,
but try and tell a Marvel writer in a Marvel book,
your character loses cause mine can eat the story yours is appearing on,
you'll be laughed at hard.

It's simple, if Mandrakk can eat story,
then Thanos can re-create Byrne's She-Hulk to balance the match,
otherwise, it's unfair all around,
cause you got a 4th wall joke vs a being restricted by comic book conventional fictionality.

cloud102
I already asked them if they were ok with banning Mandrakk, CA Supes, Primal Monitor............., and The Doctor.

Don't forget PR Beyonder. A few of these cosmics are just silly to use in a debate.

TricksterPriest
"otherwise, it's unfair all around,
cause you got a 4th wall joke vs a being restricted by comic book conventional fictionality."

Hence, why I asked for Mandrakk to be banned. erm

illadelph12
You're so blind. None of this is nonsense. It is merely the undisputable nature of the character.

even the presence
he feeds on story
the story of DC itself
the story itself
even the presence
the armor was powerful,
the orrery of worlds,
*face
fools
lol. _.J/K

I choose Thanos w/HotI. He actually did something of substance on panel.

Also, Popeye would likely beat Mandrakk as well based on the "better story" angle.

Astner
It's an absolute fact that only the greatest story of them all (ie. Superman's) was powerful enough to overcome Mandrakk.
First off, to be a fact it has to be objective.

And I bet there are many people who prefer Wolverine's stories over Thanos' and Mandrakk's. What does that mean? It means shit.

Philosophía
It's an absolute fact that only the greatest story of them all (ie. Superman's) was powerful enough to overcome Mandrakk.

There is no fallacy whatsoever in that statement.

thumb up

Mr Master

And I bet there are many people who prefer Wolverine's stories over Thanos' and Mandrakk's.

What does that mean?

It means shit.
Man's got a point.

The greatest story IN DC, may be Superman's,
but that shit surely means nothing to other companies.

Because in that case,
if all it takes are the greatest stories of respective comic book companies ...
then even Spiderman, Hulk, or freakin Solar, ... I mean take your pick,
stomp Mandrakk.

And the bottom line is, if this Mandrakk character is solely based on this concept,
then it doesn't belong in vs forums with other companies.

Trickster was right,
this Mandrakk nonsense needs to be banned from vs forums for said sound reason.

Raoul
Man's got a point.

The greatest story IN DC, may be Superman's,
but that shit surely means nothing to other companies.

Because in that case,
if all it takes are the greatest stories of respective comic book companies ...
then even Spiderman, Hulk, or freakin Solar, ... I mean take your pick,
stomp Mandrakk.

And the bottom line is, if this Mandrakk character is solely based on this concept,
then it doesn't belong in vs forums with other companies.

Trickster was right,
this Mandrakk nonsense needs to be banned from vs forums for said sound reason.

did you even read the comic?

Philosophía
Arghhh

My eyes.

*quickly presses alt+f4*

illadelph12
Originally posted by Raoul
did you even read the comic?

Easy now Riggs...

Raoul
Originally posted by illadelph12
Easy now Riggs...

I don't mind, personally, i just like to think that anyone willing to pass judgement on a comic has actually read the thing beforehand...

Galan007

And I bet there are many people who prefer Wolverine's stories over Thanos' and Mandrakk's. What does that mean? It means shit. I don't think you (along with several others) seem to understand that personal preference toward a story, has nothing to do with who can overcome Mandrakk - that would be FAR too subjective. You see, Superman wasn't able to beat him because real world readers (or even comic characters) like his story better - he was able to do so because within DC comics, Superman's story is simply > all others (on a creation-wide scale.) There's no reason/rhyme, it just IS.

----

As Mxy said:
"Superman is the linchpin to everything."

As Alex Luthor said:
"Everything comes from Superman."

THAT is the basic concept that needs to be kept in mind.

----

Furthermore, a better story than his own is not the only reason for Mandrakk's defeat (far from it, in fact.) A better story was merely the catalyst which sufficiently powered the Cosmic Armor, and enabled Superman to eventually adapt/overcome Mandrakk's "eternal power."

(ie.) the most powerful story in creation + a conceptual armor designed by Mandrakk himself, capable of adapting to counter any threat > Mandrakk... If one of these elements is lacking, one cannot hope to beat Mandrakk.

It really cannot be broken down any easier then that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think you (along with several others) seem to understand that personal preference toward a story, has nothing to do with who can overcome Mandrakk - that would be FAR too subjective. You see, Superman wasn't able to beat him because real world readers (or even comic characters) like his story better - he was able to do so because within DC comics, Superman's story is simply > all others (on a creation-wide scale.) There's no reason/rhyme, it just IS.

----

As Mxy said:

As Alex Luthor said:

----

Furthermore, a better story than his own is not the only reason for Mandrakk's defeat (far from it, in fact.) A better story was merely the catalyst which sufficiently powered the Cosmic Armor, and enabled Superman to eventually adapt/overcome Mandrakk's "eternal power."

(ie.) the most powerful story in creation + a conceptual armor designed by Mandrakk himself, capable of adapting to counter any threat > Mandrakk... If one of these elements is lacking, one cannot hope to beat Mandrakk.

That is a very good breakdown Galan. My question is.. regardless if that is the case in DC how does that pertain to a marvel character? Especially one that has better on panel feats? Thanos IMO could do whatever he wanted to Mandrakk. Madrakk ISN'T as powerful as the PM which imo would be equivalent to Thanos. So, how exactly is Mandrakk going to win this battle... please don't say Eat Thanos's story because that is just silly and second as pointed out Thanos could call up She-hulk and rip up any story with Mandrakk and thus Thanos wins.

Kris Blaze
----

As Mxy said:

As Alex Luthor said:

----

You need to realize that this does only apply to the DC universe....

xJLxKing
You need to realize that this does only apply to the DC universe....
And the forums as well.

starlock
Thanos HOTU for the win

Mr Master
^^ ... thumb up

A better story was merely the catalyst which sufficiently powered the Cosmic Armor, and enabled Superman to eventually adapt/overcome Mandrakk's "eternal power."

I feel what you're saying, and I understand,
but it still boils down to this below:

realize that this does only apply to the DC universe....
thumb up

quanchi112
You need to realize that this does only apply to the DC universe.... Pretty much.Originally posted by xJLxKing
And the forums as well. Iyo.

Galan007
What I said applies to any character. Understand that a Marvel character's story isn't necessarily better than Superman's, just because you think it is.

ermm

KuRuPT Thanosi
What I said applies to any character. Understand that a Marvel character's story isn't necessarily better than Superman's, just because you think it is.

ermm

I never saw that stated anywhere. It's not about a Marvel story being better then Superman... It's about Mandrakk eating a story and only a story better then his beating him applies only to DC. He's not eating any Marvel story he wants as that only applies to DC and what their writers decide is the point. Him coming over to Marvel and eating whatever story he wants and thus beating anybody he wants is laughable.

Mindset

ermm And it isn't necessarily worse...

The concept of Mandrakk's power and the reasoning behind his defeat only works within the confines of DC.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I never saw that stated anywhere. It's not about a Marvel story being better then Superman... It's about Mandrakk eating a story and only a story better then his beating him applies only to DC. He's not eating any Marvel story he wants as that only applies to DC and what their writers decide is the point. Him coming over to Marvel and eating whatever story he wants and thus beating anybody he wants is laughable. You keep bringing up Mandrakk eating someone's story as though I said anything close to that. srsly

And please remember that this fight would take place in a neutral universe. That said, Mandrakk's power would be equally as effective in Marvel as it was in DC.

This is also the reason why I agree that he (along with a few others) should not be allowed in versus battles. He is simply too powerful.

Kris Blaze
And please remember that this fight would take place in a neutral universe. That said, Mandrakk's power would be equally as effective in Marvel as it was in DC.

This is true.

A good reason to ban Mandrakk. He's unbeatable in any single storyline barring final crisis.

cloud102
Just ban the fool.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You keep bringing up Mandrakk eating someone's story as though I said anything close to that. srsly

And please remember that this fight would take place in a neutral universe. That said, Mandrakk's power would be equally as effective in Marvel as it was in DC. This is also the reason why I agree that he (along with a few others) should not be allowed in versus battles. He is simply too powerful.

Yet he was defeated by Superman in CA and some Green Laterns.... yes ooo yes he's TOO powerful. If you want to ban characters that are too powerful you should start with Thanos w/THOTI which feats poops all over Mandrakk. So, please explain to me how Mandrakk's power is equal in a neutral universe as it is in the confines of a DC universe?People can claim the only way he was defeated was because of a better story this and that... yet he was defeated while Thanos never was or was even close to being defeated. Mandrakk too powerful... haha. So, what would stop Thanos from bringing back she-hulk for the battle and at which time she rips up anything to do with mandrakk and his eating of stories? Even less characters then Thanos could do so yet what would Mandrakk do about that since we're playing these eating/tearing up stories game? Mandrakk origins and power is very specific to DC and DC ALONE. Yet somehow in a neutral universe he has the same power... makes sense to me...

TricksterPriest
Yet he was defeated by Superman in CA and some Green Laterns.... yes ooo yes he's TOO powerful. If you want to ban characters that are too powerful you should start with Thanos w/THOTI which feats poops all over Mandrakk. So, please explain to me how Mandrakk's power is equal in a neutral universe as it is in the confines of a DC universe?

^Brain-dead. dur You can't read. Stop typing and just destroy your computer. You're too stupid to exist on the internet.

Enyalus
There's nothing stopping Thanos from recreating an even better version of the Cosmic Armor, donning it, and then destroying Mandrakk.

Not that he needs it, anyway. Thanos wins every time, no question.

TricksterPriest
Thanos create the Cosmic Armor? Now I know you're DELUSIONAL. durlaugh if this is the best defense the marvelites can mount, they might as well yield.

Both Mandrakk and the armor are as giants to the germs that is Thanos and the IG.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^Brain-dead. dur You can't read. Stop typing and just destroy your computer. You're too stupid to exist on the internet.

So, tell me Tricky...

1. Who has better on panel feats... Thanos w/heart or Mandrakk?
2. Who was defeated on panel Thanos or Mandrakk
3. Mandrakk's orgins and power are very specific to the DC universe and DC universe alone. So, explain to me how his power would carry over to a Neutral one?
4. What would stop Thanos from creating his own CA armor or bringing she-hulk to the battle field to tear up any comic book that has Mandrakk eating any story or even existing?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos create the Cosmic Armor? Now I know you're DELUSIONAL. durlaugh if this is the best defense the marvelites can mount, they might as well yield.

Both Mandrakk and the armor are as giants to the germs that is Thanos and the IG.

He dumbass did you read the title of the thread? It's Thanos with the Heart first of all which feats poops all over mandrakk. Second, Eny said NOT THAT he'd even need to do that he would still teabag Mandrakk all day everyday.

Enyalus
I won't call you names back, because I'm that kind of classy guy, you know.

But first off, this is Thanos with the Heart of the Universe, not the IG. Thanos was the Supreme Being of Marvel. Mandrakk was certainly not. Thanos was also omniscient, for the most part. Enough to know how to reconstruct and improve on Dax's designs of the Cosmic Armor. He is a genius, afterall, even without omniscience to help him.

Again, Thanos wins. Without effort.

Naija boy
Thanos stomps

geraldthesloth
Mandrakks powers are kind of ridiculous..

Raoul
Bit of a stupid question, but, whatever, i don't read that much Thanos, so i might as well...

What the bloody hell is the HOTU?

TricksterPriest
So, tell me Tricky...

1. Who has better on panel feats... Thanos w/heart or Mandrakk?
2. Who was defeated on panel Thanos or Mandrakk
3. Mandrakk's orgins and power are very specific to the DC universe and DC universe alone. So, explain to me how his power would carry over to a Neutral one?
4. What would stop Thanos from creating his own CA armor or bringing she-hulk to the battle field to tear up any comic book that has Mandrakk eating any story or even existing?

1. Mandrakk by far.
2. Mandrakk again, but the method used to defeat him is impossible to replicate outside of the FC storyline.
3. FORUM RULES. All powers work as though they were in their home universe.
4. The fact that your idea is retarded for starters? What the f**k? That idea is so stupid I don't even need to defend Mandrakk against it. You can't tear out the pages WHEN THERE IS NO STORY PERIOD. As for the CA? Impossible. Completely beyond Thanos's capabilities.

Mandrakk, the CA, and the Primal Monitor were more powerful than GOD. They were more powerful than the Presence itself. And it shows a deliberate misinterpretation of FC that you lowball them. The methods used to defeat Mandrakk cannot be duplicated by Thanos or anything other than Supes in the Cosmic Armor or the Prime Monitor itself. And before someone brings up the Miracle Machine, that was a weakened Mandrakk in Ogama's body.

xJLxKing
Bit of a stupid question, but, whatever, i don't read that much Thanos, so i might as well...

Hearth of The Universe. It gave him power of a Supreme Being. He absorbed every with little effort. Killed a Celestial in one hit. He killed himself. Just shows how stupid he is!

xJLxKing
1. Mandrakk by far.
2. Mandrakk again, but the method used to defeat him is impossible to replicate outside of the FC storyline.
4. The fact that your idea is retarded for starters? What the f**k? That idea is so stupid I don't even need to defend Mandrakk against it. You can't tear out the pages WHEN THERE IS NO STORY PERIOD. As for the CA? Impossible. Completely beyond Thanos's capabilities.

Mandrakk, the CA, and the Primal Monitor were more powerful than GOD. They were more powerful than the Presence itself. And it shows a deliberate misinterpretation of FC that you lowball them. The methods used to defeat Mandrakk cannot be duplicated by Thanos or anything other than Supes in the Cosmic Armor or the Prime Monitor itself. And before someone brings up the Miracle Machine, that was a weakened Mandrakk in Ogama's body.
Miracle Machine is the reason Mandrakk died. Superman used it to wish for a happy ending.

Raoul
Hearth of The Universe. It gave him power of a Supreme Being. He absorbed every with little effort. Killed a Celestial in one hit. He killed himself. Just shows how stupid he is!

firstly: ah.

secondly: what a douche.

xJLxKing
I got a question. I just re-read FC: Superman Beyond, and something don't make sense.

If the Monitor(the Primal one) sent one monitor. This monitor split into two. Monitor, and Anti-monitor. Dax Navo is the one who killed the Mandrakk, but later on, he becomes a Dark monitor himself.

Doesn't this mean that ALL monitors can be as powerful as Mandrakk? They all can feed from the Multi-verse, but they choose not to. Clearly, the Primal Monitor knew this when he first created a monitor.

Raoul
I got a question. I just re-read FC: Superman Beyond, and something don't make sense.

If the Monitor(the Primal one) sent one monitor. This monitor split into two. Monitor, and Anti-monitor. Dax Navo is the one who killed the Mandrakk, but later on, he becomes a Dark monitor himself.

Doesn't this mean that ALL monitors can be as powerful as Mandrakk? They all can feed from the Multi-verse, but they choose not to. Clearly, the Primal Monitor knew this when he first created a monitor.

iirc, they were all going the way of mandrakk anyways, they just weren't at that stage yet.

whatsername changed during the story when she started drinking nazi superman...

xJLxKing
iirc, they were all going the way of mandrakk anyways, they just weren't at that stage yet.

whatsername changed during the story when she started drinking nazi superman...
Yeah, so who was the first monitor? The COIE monitor, or after 52 universe were created?

Raoul
Yeah, so who was the first monitor? The COIE monitor, or after 52 universe were created?

you're asking the wrong person lol...

bar the prime monitor, i think it was dax novu, but entering the DCU he became split, or something, creating Mandrakk, as in the DCU there's good, and there's evil. dax needed a counterpart, a ying to his yang, i think.

Kris Blaze
Something like that?

Or was the bleed supposed to represent stories perhaps?

Raoul
Something like that?

Or was the bleed supposed to represent stories perhaps?

yes, i think.

the way i see it, the dcu is composed of story, like a story is a physical thing, not just a concept.

the bleed is the glue that holds all these stories together.

by feeding on the bleed, mandrakk was eating and destroying "story"

Kris Blaze
yes, i think.

the way i see it, the dcu is composed of story, like a story is a physical thing, not just a concept.

the bleed is the glue that holds all these stories together.

by feeding on the bleed, mandrakk was eating and destroying "story"

I guess that's why Monarch launched his war on the Monitors. He didn't go crazy, maybe he just realized that they could all potentially become "story vampires" It would connect well with his change of attitude after a little trip in the bleed.

Naija boy
In regards to this mandrak eating of story thing, It simply should not be applicable in a vs forum match precisely because its in a neutral universe. This is because it has more to do with DCs metafictional approach to the construction of its stories than the retainment of a particular ability. It isnt viable because it directly clashes with the constraints of the more prevalent method of fictional writing which both Marvel,DC and most other companies regularly adopt and under which most KMC matches take place. For example, in Marvel the stories of its characters cant be eaten because the entire concept of "the story" itself being recognizable and distinct from the characters within it is non existent. Hence for Mandrakk to "eat their stories" we would have to assume that the Marvel characters "story" was a distinct entity that could be affected in the same way a character from DC's can. Consequently we would be disregarding the very nature in which the Marvel character was written and judging based solely on DC writing concepts.

Now vice versa, by invalidating the strategy of "eating the story" we are going against the metafictional construction of Mandrakk by DC. However im sure most will agree that the KMC vs environment is purely fictional and non self reflective environment. Further since the metafictional writing style isnt commonplace across most platforms and companies, when it comes down to choosing the default nature of KMC vs matches, the more regular fictional writing style should be used.

Naija boy

3. FORUM RULES. All powers work as though they were in their home universe. .

Marvel "stories" arent constructed in the same way as DC are. Hence they CANT be eaten. Case closed.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Marvel "stories" arent constructed in the same way as DC are. Hence they CANT be eaten. Case closed.

It wasn't really DC story though.

More the concept of story, just....story itself.

Naija boy

More the concept of story, just....story itself.

What i mean is that "Story" doesnt exist in Marvel the same way it does in DC and hence Mandrakks "eating of stories" automatically becomes invalid.

Kris Blaze
What i mean is that "Story" doesnt exist in Marvel the same way it does in DC and hence Mandrakks "eating of stories" automatically becomes invalid.

Story is story.

The Bleed is symbolic. Mandrakk isn't limited to the DC-specific story.

It's like saying Thor can't control DC lightning.

xJLxKing
Story is story.

thumb up nice!

Naija boy
Story is story.

Not the same.

This has to do with DC's writing methods and character construction vs marvels. The Analogy is way off

Kris Blaze
Not the same.

This has to do with DC's writing methods and character construction vs marvels. The Analogy is way off

That method was a tool....

Used to convey a message...

The message reads "MANDRAKK IS IN UR COMICS EATIN UR STORIES!"

quanchi112

More the concept of story, just....story itself. There is no story in a vs thread.

Naija boy
That method was a tool....

Used to convey a message...

The message reads "MANDRAKK IS IN UR COMICS EATIN UR STORIES!"

The method is the only thing that made it possible for a character to eat another characters "story" in the first place. In another universe in which the same method has no bearings and in which a "story" is not treated from a metafictional perspective the entire idea of "eating stories" falls apart.

Kris Blaze
The method is the only thing that made it possible for a character to eat another characters "story" in the first place. In another universe in which the same method has no bearings and in which a "story" is not treated from a metafictional perspective the entire idea of "eating stories" falls apart.

Different interprations.

We won't get anywhere.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Mandrakk by far.

1. Explain to me then Mandrakk best feats on panel
2. Also, tell me then did Thanos lose with the Heart and second mandrakk didn't lose to superman and such

Or bias knows no bound

Raoul

It is not an individual character's story that Mandrakk is eating, it is the very existence of the DC Universe itself.

DC = One giant story.

We, as human beings and the readers and creators of comic books, KNOW that comics are basically stories themselves. our lives are not stories, as we don't exist within that universe (that we know of).

Mandrakk and such figured out that their entire existence is basically a giant story, and he tried to destroy it.

Mandrakk would have annihilated DC itself if not for CA Superman, who was the personification not of his own stories, but of the very concept of what a superhero is.

Naija boy
It is not an individual character's story that Mandrakk is eating, it is the very existence of the DC Universe itself.
DC = One giant story.

Understood. Though my argument still applies.I used particular characters because in a versus match the arguments have been Mandrakk eats "Insert character" story FTW.

Raoul
Understood. Though my argument still applies.I used particular characters because in a versus match the arguments have been Mandrakk eats "Insert character" story FTW.

that's not how his powers work... at least i don't think so...

xJLxKing
No, only superman's story can beat him. Like Galan said already, "everything comes from Superman".

Enyalus

Heh. Luckily, I have all the information you need. And probably more than you want...

Basically, the Heart of the Universe is an artifact made by TOAA especially for Thanos, granting Thanos TOAA's in-universe power (TOAA is the writer, and Thanos didn't get those 4th wall powers. But he has all the power of a truly Supreme Being does within the comics.)

xJLx didn't really explain the whole dying thing very well. The MU had a fundamental flaw in it, first caused by Wonder Man originally being brought back to life after dying. Various people being resurrected irreversably damaged the very fabric of the MU, to where it was dying. No one, not even Eternity was aware of this flaw. Only Thanos could perceive it, because of his omniscience. Being that he had died and was resurrected, he was part of this problem. After getting pissed off and destroying the omniverse, Thanos finally works up the courage to do what must be done and heal the flaw...in the process, he wipes out both himself and any trace of the HOTU. No one, not even the most cosmically aware (such as Watchers, etc.) remember Thanos's time as the Supreme Being of the MU. I'll post the relevant scans now. There's a lot of 'em, but they only take a quick look through to understand the scope of what was going on:

1. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU1.jpg
2. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU2.jpg
3. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU3.jpg
4. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU4.jpg
5. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU5.jpg
6. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU6.jpg
7. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU7.jpg
8. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU8.jpg
9. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU9.jpg
10. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU10.jpg
11. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU11.jpg
12. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU12.jpg
13. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU13.jpg
14. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU14.jpg

1. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem1.jpg
2. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem2.jpg
3. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem3.jpg
4. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem4.jpg
5. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem5_1.jpg
6. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem5.jpg
7. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem6.jpg
8. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem7.jpg
9. http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Thanos_HOTU_problem8.jpg

Kay. If you looked through all of that, you'll notice multiple occasions when its stated that he's supreme over all reality and all existence and was bonded to omni-reality and destroyed all. As well as Eternity and others acknowledging that he wielded the Supreme Power and was now the new Almighty. Occasionally they will use the term 'universe' but just as often they use the 'all reality' comment. And the 'universe' terminology is just fine...the title of the arc is Marvel Universe: The End. They're referring to the end of all of the MU, period. Personally, I think destroying a celestial with a gesture was the most awesome thing. stick out tongue But as you can see, he tanks LT's best shot like its nothing and absorbs everyone and everything easily. Thanos w/ HOTU was the Supreme Being of the Marvel Universe at the time and Mandrakk has zero chance at winning here.

It's also confirmed that Thanos was the Supreme Being of the MU in his official Marvel bio, and confirmed that he destroyed and recreated the MU in both his Marvel.com bio and Marvel.com 'Marvel Universe' history bio.

cool

xJLxKing
Thanos' idiocy is just like Imperiex. Good Job eny at making me look like a 3rd grader

Enyalus
Thanos' idiocy is just like Imperiex. Good Job eny at making me look like a 3rd grader
There was no idiocy from Thanos. Thanos was tricked by the writer's carefully laid out plot for him prior to ever becoming supreme. Which is why he acted irrationally and was so quick to anger, wiping out everything. The writer made him do it. But within the comics themselves, Thanos reigned supreme. And went out a hero who restored all existence. As TOAA knew only he could/would.

Allankles

The one argument for Mandrakk that's not been attacked by you, is that narrative is the only way the multiverse affects Mandrakk.

It's not so much that 'story' is being treated metafictionally, but that 'story' is the only reason Dax Novu/The Radiant One/ Mandrakk became what he is (this applies to the rest of the Monitors).

They were shaped by (and only by) the stories of creation (the multiverse). They were transformed by stories into vampiric hyper gods that feed on the multiverse.

Without this multiverse and it's life, they would have remained living voids, extensions of the Primal Monitor.

Slaanesh
There was no idiocy from Thanos. Thanos was tricked by the writer's carefully laid out plot for him prior to ever becoming supreme. Which is why he acted irrationally and was so quick to anger, wiping out everything. The writer made him do it. But within the comics themselves, Thanos reigned supreme. And went out a hero who restored all existence. As TOAA knew only he could/would.

and some people think Mandrakk can beat that erm

quanchi112

ermm It's all subjective in the end anyways. I never said it was. I said that just because you think that Superman is the greatest story out there and so does dc that proves nothing in regards to marvel stories. Nothing.

quanchi112
Thanos' idiocy is just like Imperiex. Good Job eny at making me look like a 3rd grader How was Thanos idiotic in that story? He was duped by the writer basically and fixed the flaw that was about to bring about the end of the marvel verse. He also restored his former armada and upgraded his personal powers imo.

Thanos demonstrated far more power in that story than any character in marvel or in dcu imo.

xJLxKing
Can't argue with that!

Enyalus
Can't argue with that!
Well, thank you.

Allankles
Eny you're a Thanos fan but you hate on Mongul?! doctor

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Eny you're a Thanos fan but you hate on Mongul?! doctor

Mongul is nothing like Thanos. At all. If Thanos acted like Mongul, I think Quan might slit his wrists.

Allankles
Story is story.

I'm glad someone pointed out that the Bleed is symbolism for the life of the multiverse hyper story.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
Eny you're a Thanos fan but you hate on Mongul?! doctor How can you even compare Mongul to Thanos.

Allankles
Mongul is nothing like Thanos. At all. If Thanos acted like Mongul, I think Quan might slit his wrists.

In terms of how they tend to solve there problems, they are similar. As far as Quan goes hell no. Quan likes tough guys and Mongul is plenty tough not to mention he has force blocks (at least Mongul Sr. did).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>