Ness vs Megaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
ness gets powers from earth bound

megaman gets rush

ScreamPaste
Ness.

SuperLuigi
really i thought megaman and rush could do it

ScreamPaste
Ness has broken level psychic power, world busting if I remember right.

SuperLuigi
yea he can alter the future. damn i thought this would be good.... let's say for arguments sake he cant do that but he gets his PK techniques from smash bros.

LLLLLink
Ness.

Neo Darkhalen
Megaman, he has his charge shot as well as an abundance of master abilities including time altering ones, Ness stands no chance.

LLLLLink
Psi Flash. 'Nuff said.

Acrosurge
I'm inclined to go with Ness, since Mega Man is being limited exclusively to Rush.

The question is: Is Ness strong enough to telekinetically counter Rock's physical strength?

ScreamPaste
With ease. And even then, he could simply levitate him and spin him in circles as he has no way to resist it without friction.

LLLLLink
Ness was alway pretty BA for a kid imo.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
With ease. And even then, he could simply levitate him and spin him in circles as he has no way to resist it without friction. Well, Rush can fly quite fast and quite well, so that's at least some kind of resistance. Still going with Ness here (sorry, Neo Darkhalen), but does anyone have any TK feats for the little munchkin?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Megaman, he has his charge shot as well as an abundance of master abilities including time altering ones, Ness stands no chance.

Since this is Ness with SB moves he would just absorb the blasts.

Originally posted by SuperLuigi
yea he can alter the future. damn i thought this would be good.... let's say for arguments sake he cant do that but he gets his PK techniques from smash bros.

Star Storm ftw.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Since this is Ness with SB moves he would just absorb the blasts.I'm pretty sure this is not SM Ness, but Earthbound Ness. Still, I'm thinking Ness wins, since Mega Man is only being allowed Rush and no other abilities.

SuperLuigi
earthbound ness can alter the future so we'll be using the brawl version.

megaman can fuse with rush and double mega busters

Acrosurge
Oh, missed that. Okay, re-evaluating.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
earthbound ness can alter the future so we'll be using the brawl version.

megaman can fuse with rush and double mega busters

That sounds like a gun. Projectiles are useless against Ness in this fight.

LLLLLink
What happened to Megaman dying from Psi Flash?

XanatosForever
Rock: *fires buster*

Ness: *magnet* BIG GHEY FLASH! *flashes Rock. Rock dies from teh ghey flashing.*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SuperLuigi
isnt ness vulnerable to attacks while absorbing blasts

XanatosForever
Vulnerable to physical ones, yes, but he can activate and deactivate the magnet in an instant, and activating it causes a buffer force that pushes back objects. Still assuming we're going by Smash Bros. Ness here.

SuperLuigi
we are but couldnt rush attack ness while megaman blasts away?

XanatosForever
Well, Ness really won't have to use Magnet right away, since it's defense/heal technique, and Ness has reflex feats to show he can dodge high velocity projectiles (Subspace Emissary cutscenes, canon to Smash Bros.). He could dodge the buster shots and blast Rush with a PK Fire when it tries to charge, which would at least distract the pup.

LLLLLink
PSI FLASH. We can go home now, right?

ScreamPaste
We can use the versions of characters canon to smahs bros? They can ALL DODGE FRIKKEN LASERS.

XanatosForever
I think the thread started mentioned that Mother Ness was too broken, so we went with the only other iteration of the kid we've got, Smash Bros.

My question is, how much of Smash Bros. can be listed canon for versus? I know all the Subspace Emissary cutscenes are legal, but outside of those, a majority of it is gameplay.

LLLLLink
Well, we know things like the Franklin Badge arent canon in Smash because the Franklin Badge only reflects electricity, not any projectile.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I think the thread started mentioned that Mother Ness was too broken, so we went with the only other iteration of the kid we've got, Smash Bros.

My question is, how much of Smash Bros. can be listed canon for versus? I know all the Subspace Emissary cutscenes are legal, but outside of those, a majority of it is gameplay. The ydodge lasers in cut scenes.

LLLLLink
Heh, you mean Link and Mario skating past the laser fire? (take that, Star Wars)

SuperLuigi
so your saying mega cant even hit ness

LLLLLink
Even if he could, Ness just absorbs.

SuperLuigi
not the physical attacks though. when mega fuses with rush he gets a speed and/or power boost.

ScreamPaste
Ness in SSB can dodge lasers. He won't get hit.

SuperLuigi
dodging lasers doesnt have anything to do with being punched

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Ness in SSB can dodge lasers. He won't get hit. If that's the criteria for speed here, then Mega Man is just as fast. He regularly dodges lasers and quite a few at once.

And he's really quite a beast physically. Not saying he'd trump Ness's TK (even though SSB characters don't seem to be overwhelmed by it), but it wouldn't be a stomp.

GenomeFrozener
Ness Via PK Rockin'.
>;]
MOTHER 2/Earthbound does show that Ness holds a hell of an endurance for a kid.

SuperLuigi
bump and we are using ssbb ness

LLLLLink
Only in Smash.

Acrosurge
I dunno about SSBB Ness. He doesn't seem to overwhelm the Brawl cast with his TK. With those terms, I don't see him overwhelming Mega Man with it either, especially since Mega Man is physically stronger than almost everyone in the Brawl cast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.