Who should the next bond be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
As we know every actor who has played Bond is eventually replaced by another actor, now I know we're probably way off from Bond 23 and Craig I believe will be in that but once he's gone who do you think would make the next great Bond?

lebowski32
Gotta go with Clive Owen. Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.

Jovan
Originally posted by lebowski32
Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.
Craig got trashed because he "didn't fit the role" but now most people are gagging over him.

lebowski32
True. I'm not saying that Craig shouldn't be Bond. I like him in the role. However, if he does decide to move on then I think Owen would be a logical replacement.

Jovan
True. I'm not saying that Craig shouldn't be Bond.
Neither did I. I'm just saying that 99.9% didn't like him at first and now he's considered one of the best... So saying who should succeed him depends on looks? actor's ability? ... ?

siriuswriter
I was trying to think of some british up and comer... but realizing that we only have one movie left with craig...

yes. CLIVE OWEN. like, children of men clive owen combined with the insider clive owen IS bond.

Dagarkin
Bring back Connery for one movie laughing out loud

DarthLazious
Gotta go with Clive Owen. Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.

I agree.

Jovan
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I was trying to think of some british up and comer... but realizing that we only have one movie left with craig...

yes. CLIVE OWEN. like, children of men clive owen combined with the insider clive owen IS bond.
David Tennant! big grin
"Just call me James."
-"James WHO?"
"No, Bond." laughing

MildPossession
I was one of the small % who actually liked Craig when it was announced he would play Bond, so bla. stick out tongue Same for Catherine Tate when she was announced as the Doctor's companion in Doctor Who, since Doctor Who was brought up in here. stick out tongue

I'd wish he would go on to play Bond for a long time actually.

Clive Owen I could live with but not too big on him. Gerard Butler maybe. Has to be a British actor though, always.

Wanderer11
I like the idea of Clive Owen playing Bond, but i do not see it happening. I for one hope that Daniel stays in the role for some time to come.

Darth Martin
Don't want to think about that. Craig's my favorite Bond.

RagingFetus
I think Christian Bale could maybe pull it off. Anyone else think so?

MildPossession
Urgh no to Christian Bale, I like him but not a Bond at all.

roughrider
Hugh Jackman should take over when Craig is done. He'll be in his mid-40s by then; perfect age for a veteran Bond. He can't play Wolverine forever; he'll eventually look a little too old for a character that is virtually immortal.

Jovan
Mid-40's is too old to play Bond.

MildPossession
Again, Bond = must be played by a British actor thanks. stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by MildPossession
Again, Bond = must be played by a British actor thanks. stick out tongue

George Lazenby was from Australia. Pierce Brosnan is from Ireland.

Roger Moore took over Bond when he was 45.
Both Timothy Dalton & Pierce Brosnan were in their early 40's when they started playing Bond.
Timothy Dalton said he was offered the Bond part when he was in his 20's (when the transition from Sean Connery to his eventual successor - Moore - was becoming a rocky road), but says he felt too young for the role, that Bond should be a man in his early 40's, and was glad he waited.

Hugh Jackman was born to English parents in Oz, and I think has done appropriate English accents in other parts. And he's so fit he looks younger than whatever his age is.

And for those still hoping for Clive Owen, he's already 45. If Daniel Craig does even two more movies, he'll be in his 50's before he could take over.

Jovan
Originally posted by roughrider
Roger Moore took over Bond when he was 45.
Both Timothy Dalton & Pierce Brosnan were in their early 40's when they started playing Bond.

Moore was 58 when he stopped playing Bond! That is why the new one shouldn't be too old. If you look at Brosnan, he already had some grey hair in Die Another Day.

They need someone in the end 30's so that they can give Bond some continuity again by using the same actor in a few movies with a wider story arch. If you pick someone who is 40 he can go 10 years (if you discount the retarded Moore period)... so he can do 3 movies, 4 is already pushing it. If you pick someone who is 35, he can do 5 movies and thus better grow into character and the writers can make a massive storyline (like they tried with the Solace organisation) to take place over those 5 movies.

MildPossession
I know they are not British.

Placidity
Hugh's good, I'm sure he could adapt.

Clive Owen is a pretty good actor in my books, but he just doesn't have the Bond look or charisma. Craig doesn't have that look either, but then again he's apparently quite a few people's favorite Bond, so what do I know...

Placidity
I just thought of Daniel-Day Lewis.

MildPossession
He would be awful as Bond. Same for Jackman.

roughrider
Originally posted by Jovan
Moore was 58 when he stopped playing Bond! That is why the new one shouldn't be too old. If you look at Brosnan, he already had some grey hair in Die Another Day.

Roger Moore did one Bond film too many; he acknowledges it. That's why he was 58 by the time A VIEW TO KILL came out. It's his least favourite one.
And he was coming off a run of seven Bond films in twelve years. That's more than Connery, who did his first five films in a five year span, before coming back for one more four years later. So Moore was doing Bond for too long. I think any actor doing Bond, if he's not starting in his late twenties, should be limited to four-five films max.

Jovan
Originally posted by roughrider
Roger Moore did one Bond film too many; he acknowledges it. That's why he was 58 by the time A VIEW TO KILL came out. It's his least favourite one.
And he was coming off a run of seven Bond films in twelve years. That's more than Connery, who did his first five films in a five year span, before coming back for one more four years later. So Moore was doing Bond for too long. I think any actor doing Bond, if he's not starting in his late twenties, should be limited to four-five films max.
He shouldn't have done any Bond movies, they all suck.
I agree with the limits, but there are always 2-3 years between the bond movies meaning at best 8 years and at worst 15 years, someone who is 40 will thus end up being 55 in the last one: way too old!

roughrider
Originally posted by Placidity
I just thought of Daniel-Day Lewis.

Why?
Great actor, but he's 52 years old.

DarthLazious
I am all in favor for Cleve Owen to take the role.

ComicsGoddess
Clive Owen, unless he's too old by the time we need a new Bond.

DarthLazious
He wont be trust me.

darthmaul1
I would have to go with Clive Owen, or Gerard Butler, or hugh jackman.
With those 3 you'd have to get Q back in it and actually have some humor in it.

Here's a fun one Ray Park he is from Scotland, and could actually pull of the stunts, but i don't think he has the finesse for that, but then again neither does Craig really. Ray Park would kick ass in the fight and chase sequences.

roughrider
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I am all in favor for Cleve Owen to take the role.

Clive Owen turns 47 in October. He'd be in his mid-50's by the time the role became available. Time has passed him by as a candidate.

SuperLuigi
Diddy

CadoAngelus
SEAN CONNERY!!!!! He can do what Harrison Fords done with Indiana Jones...with the whole - "I'm still awesome even though i started wetting the bed and shitting my pants again"

Scarlet Fox
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/stone/screech.jpg

BUSTER1
I've heard rumours that a possible choice, for the next James Bond, is Alex Reid- the cage fighting boyfriend of british model Jordan aka Katie Price. He has acting experience, as he used to be in hollyoaks, a british soap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.