Who can pass Darkseid's challenge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wei Phoenix
DS is just chilling in Apokalips bored as hell so he takes a page out of Doom's book and invites a few heroes and villains over to try and induce some fear in him. They get 5 days to prepare and they can't physically attack him. DS is free to naturally resist TP.

1. Punisher via interrogation and torture tactics. For fairness sake we'll Frank's tools has the power to harm him and stuff as it would a regular human. He has one day to torture him.

2. Superman.

3. Thanos.

4. Professor Xavier with Mind Gem

5. Odin on his best day.

6. Silver Surfer.

7. Galactus.

8. Shadow King with Mind Gem.

9. HOM Wanda. She can't erase him or pull a "No More New Gods"

10. Peak Onslaught.

11. Eternity

12. TricksterPriest

Survivor19
Shadow King scares the sh$% outta him by the perspective of being posessed - and becoming FAT.

Enyalus
Shadow King.

And TP.

Philosophía
Trick pulls a Dio Brando on him.

Everybody else falls short.

TricksterPriest

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing out loud Guaratee most of the forum does not know who that is.

and **** you, oh so very much. dopedfu

JSdE9x5bvjU

Hail to the Master. pray

I know who he is. What do I win?

TricksterPriest
Props. thumb up Anybody know who The Master is? ^

Sin I AM
Darkseid would shit his pants if he ever say Odin on his best day

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Darkseid would shit his pants if he ever say Odin on his best day

Are you kidding me? erm You haven't read much Darkseid, have you? DS flips the bird at frigging Spectre. He's tried to destroy the Source, the entity that created the new gods. He wants to enslave everything to his will with the ALE.

If anything, he would scare Odin. Darkseid is a monster like no other. Hell, check out FC.

Sin I AM
I used the pages of Final Crisis as a replacement for my tampon, I am very familiar with the arc. Odin is > Darkseid..imo smile

Wei Phoenix
I used the pages of Final Crisis as a replacement for my tampon

That was a great a joke...I lol'd. (No sarcasm)

TricksterPriest
I used the pages of Final Crisis as a replacement for my tampon, I am very familiar with the arc. Odin is > Darkseid..imo smile http://prettyprettylights.com/Exterminate.jpg

Sin I AM
http://prettyprettylights.com/Exterminate.jpg

smokin' ....clever, teach me more of your image uploading tricks, it arouses my intellect

Raoul
I used the pages of Final Crisis as a replacement for my tampon

no expression

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Raoul
no expression

roll eyes (sarcastic) would u like to see it, I have scans roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raoul
roll eyes (sarcastic) would u like to see it, I have scans roll eyes (sarcastic)

tis a horrible waste of a fine comic...

Sin I AM
if u say so, i was very displeased with the outcome and the events surrounding it really didnt sit well with me. my little sister could have predicted the ending and for the most part it was anti-climatic......but to each his own. everything since the Death of The New Gods has been utter shite imo, but i still wont stop reading DC comics lol

Battle for he Cowl is ok, but right now im most interested in WOK over at marvel

Raoul
if u say so, i was very displeased with the outcome and the events surrounding it really didnt sit well with me. my little sister could have predicted the ending and for the most part it was anti-climatic......but to each his own. everything since the Death of The New Gods has been utter shite imo, but i still wont stop reading DC comics lol

Battle for he Cowl is ok, but right now im most interested in WOK over at marvel

FC did have a somewhat contrived ending, but the first three or four issues are very, very good imo. add in the Tie ins (Superman Beyond, Revelations), and it's damn good.

I don't read BFTC, but i plan to. War of Kings is good, but with how poor X-Men seems to be nowadays, i seem to be reading more DC than Marvel now.

With Blackest Night coming up, and the awesomeness that is the New Krypton story, DC just has that extra bit of greatness atm...

Sin I AM
meh, X-Men sucks because Wolverine infest every book, I was praying he wouldnt be in Dark X-Men but low and behold Marvel slips him in..he's on like what 4 teams? Uncanny, New Avengers, X-Force, and Dark X-Men, plus his own title...i mean geesh spread the wealth aroud a little for other character development. Im really hoping this thing with Spiral, Madelyne Pryor and Psylocke is interesting otherwise im seing my stock in MU

Raoul
meh, X-Men sucks because Wolverine infest every book, I was praying he wouldnt be in Dark X-Men but low and behold Marvel slips him in..he's on like what 4 teams? Uncanny, New Avengers, X-Force, and Dark X-Men, plus his own title...i mean geesh spread the wealth aroud a little for other character development. Im really hoping this thing with Spiral, Madelyne Pryor and Psylocke is interesting otherwise im seing my stock in MU

it isn't just wolverine being in every book, for me. its the writers making a mess of the other characters when they focus on them. scott and emma are the central characters in some of the books, but their relationship, and scott, are written terribly at times.

Enyalus
Yes, please.

FC did have a somewhat contrived ending, but the first three or four issues are very, very good imo. add in the Tie ins (Superman Beyond, Revelations), and it's damn good.

With Blackest Night coming up, and the awesomeness that is the New Krypton story, DC just has that extra bit of greatness atm...

...Issues 1-2 of FC were not only confusing, but boring. 3-5 were good. Maybe even great. 6 started to get lame. 7 was a disasterpiece.

FC tie-ins for the most part were amazing.

erm I think New Krypton sucks right now. Hope it gets better. Blackest Night I'm salvating over.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yes, please.

...Issues 1-2 of FC were not only confusing, but boring. 3-5 were good. Maybe even great. 6 started to get lame. 7 was a disasterpiece.

FC tie-ins for the most part were amazing.

erm I think New Krypton sucks right now. Hope it gets better. Blackest Night I'm salvating over.

i enjoyed issues one and two. sure they were slow, but when taken in context with the rest of the series, i think they hold up ok.

you don't like new krypton? why, because its a superman book? uhuh

Enyalus
i enjoyed issues one and two. sure they were slow, but when taken in context with the rest of the series, i think they hold up ok.
Issues 1-2 of FC reminded me of issues 1-4 of COIE...you could get rid of them, and still have a readable story.

you don't like new krypton? why, because its a superman book? uhuh
Why do you like NK? It basically shits on 70 years of continuity. And why the hell are the NK Kryptonians nearly as powerful as Superman, who's had 30+ years worth more yellow sunlight exposure than them? Plus, it's too freakin' long. What is it, 24 parts? 15? I don't remember offhand.

They did this with Trinity, too. People lose interest...

quanchi112
Are you kidding me? erm You haven't read much Darkseid, have you? DS flips the bird at frigging Spectre. He's tried to destroy the Source, the entity that created the new gods. He wants to enslave everything to his will with the ALE.

If anything, he would scare Odin. Darkseid is a monster like no other. Hell, check out FC. Ds has also begged for quarter against Superman, was physically wrecked by Doomsday, failed with prep to beast the Source through eons of planning, failed to damage the Spectre like Black Adam has. Ds was also oneshotted to the bone.

Odin is far more powerful and one shots top tiers. He doesn't lose straight up to top tiers wit his powers in check.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ds has also begged for quarter against Superman, was physically wrecked by Doomsday, failed with prep to beast the Source through eons of planning, failed to damage the Spectre like Black Adam has. Ds was also oneshotted to the bone.
Eons of planning?

Darkseid's only been Lord of Apokolips for about 1,300 years.

quanchi112
Eons of planning?

Darkseid's only been Lord of Apokolips for about 1,300 years. A long time.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ds has also begged for quarter against Superman, was physically wrecked by Doomsday, failed with prep to beast the Source through eons of planning, failed to damage the Spectre like Black Adam has. Ds was also oneshotted to the bone.

Odin is far more powerful and one shots top tiers. He doesn't lose straight up to top tiers wit his powers in check.

Crap writing, not a low showing, retconned and not a low showing, fail because he fought a full power Spectre and Adam was fighting DOV, not to mention Adam's attack did NOTHING, and epic fail because getting dusted by SPECTRE is not a low showing.

Debatable. And shut your hole. From the minds of Rogue Trader, here's THE MASTER, lip-synching "Voodoo Child." HERE COME THE DRUMS! clap

bOD_KK8SdsY

And DS has been lord of Apokolips since before the existence of humans.

quanchi112
Crap writing, not a low showing, retconned and not a low showing, fail because he fought a full power Spectre and Adam was fighting DOV, not to mention Adam's attack did NOTHING, and epic fail because getting dusted by SPECTRE is not a low showing.

Debatable. And shut your hole. From the minds of Rogue Trader, here's THE MASTER, lip-synching "Voodoo Child." HERE COME THE DRUMS! clap

bOD_KK8SdsY

And DS has been lord of Apokolips since before the existence of humans. I never said it was a low showing. I said that it's canon and that you have to accept it. You can't sweep it under the rug and pretend it isn't out there.

What did that Spectre do to prove that it was more powerful than dov Spectre?

Ds's attack did nothing but BA clearly physically affected the Spectre while Ds did no such thing.

Enyalus
And DS has been lord of Apokolips since before the existence of humans.

erm Bull.

30,000 years ago was when Uxas was first born. 1,300 ago was when Uxas first became Darkseid.

Humanity? Older than that.

Raoul
Issues 1-2 of FC reminded me of issues 1-4 of COIE...you could get rid of them, and still have a readable story.

maybe, but i think it would be less without it...

superman doesn't have 70 years of continuity. everything, even his origin, is constantly being refined and redesigned.

supergirl had more potent exposure to yellow sunlight, and yet superman has said himself that he could put her down.

it's been established already that superman is superior to the Kryptonians on NK. it's been shown more than once, iirc. he is stronger, he is faster, he's better in ever way.

also, i don't think the actual years of exposure count as much as, say, proximity to the sun. superman has gone from no charge to full charge in seconds while in direct sunlight. his ability to process that energy might be superior, sure, but he's still a kryptonian. he has almost the same genetic makeup they do (bar his little SSS thing).

i didn't know they were going to have that many issues of New Krypton. At most, i was expecting maybe a dozen issues, if even that.

Symmetric Chaos
Plus, it's too freakin' long. What is it, 24 parts? 15? I don't remember offhand.

They did this with Trinity, too. People lose interest...

24 parts total, across Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl and the NK Specials.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thanks.

And yeah, way too long IMO. I wanna see more variety and villains and storylines over 6+ months.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
DS is just chilling in Apokalips bored as hell so he takes a page out of Doom's book and invites a few heroes and villains over to try and induce some fear in him. They get 5 days to prepare and they can't physically attack him. DS is free to naturally resist TP.

1. Punisher via interrogation and torture tactics. For fairness sake we'll Frank's tools has the power to harm him and stuff as it would a regular human. He has one day to torture him.

2. Superman.

3. Thanos.

4. Professor Xavier with Mind Gem

5. Odin on his best day.

6. Silver Surfer.

7. Galactus.

8. Shadow King with Mind Gem.

9. HOM Wanda. She can't erase him or pull a "No More New Gods"

10. Peak Onslaught.

11. Eternity

12. TricksterPriest

1- Fail
2- Fail
3- Might do it
4- Does DS is resistant to TP? If so, Chuck fail, if he's not, Xavier pwn
5- Don't do it.
6- Fail
7- Do it
8- Do it
9- Fail
10- Fail / What a lame character
11- Do it
12- Do it

Allankles
erm Bull.

30,000 years ago was when Uxas was first born. 1,300 ago was when Uxas first became Darkseid.

Humanity? Older than that.

Darkseid/Uxas may well be billions of years old, based on the time lines.

Darkseid has been lord of Apokolips since before the existence of humanity.

If Orion was already considered ancient in 40,000 BC and he's considered young among the NG's. DS is far older.

We know he was born millenia before taking over Apokolips and he was already the lord of Apokolips by 40,000 bc. Yuga had been lord of Apokolips billions of years before any human beings and DS was born somewhere in the billions of years that Yuga ruled Apokolips.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Darkseid/Uxas may well be billions of years old, based on the time lines.

Darkseid has been lord of Apokolips since before the existence of humanity.

If Orion was already considered ancient in 40,000 BC and he's considered young among the NG's. DS is far older.
Where is this stated? Because in the NG Secret Files and Origins, Orion's about 301 years old. The New Gods themselves only reached Godhood around 30,000 years ago.

And Genesis, one of the NG anchor stories which has definitely not been retconned, only confirms this.

Raoul
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

oh, that's not so bad.

Thanks.

And yeah, way too long IMO. I wanna see more variety and villains and storylines over 6+ months.

The "Superman" book isn't about New Krypton. You've got Mon-El, the return of Shrapnel (yay!) and the Parasite hunting him.

Or do you not count that because of the lack of Clark?

and there's always Superman Batman.

Enyalus
The "Superman" book isn't about New Krypton. You've got Mon-El, the return of Shrapnel (yay!) and the Parasite hunting him.

Or do you not count that because of the lack of Clark?

Definitely not. Superman isn't Superman without Superman...

Also, why are you excited about Shrapnel? He's a kind of a joke character, lol.

and there's always Superman Batman.
sick Superman/Batman hasn't had a good storyline in over a year probably. Its so PIS-filled I can barely stand it.

Raoul

Definitely not. Superman isn't Superman without Superman...

Also, why are you excited about Shrapnel? He's a kind of a joke character, lol.

sick Superman/Batman hasn't had a good storyline in over a year probably. Its so PIS-filled I can barely stand it.

fair enough.

i like Shrapnel. I know he's a bit silly, but he's one of those villains who fills out the universe really well.

HEY. i never said S/B would be any good, did i? stick out tongue

Plus, Superman is due to appear in Flash: Rebirth and has his own Blackest Night tie in, so there's at least something you can enjoy, no?

I don't mind New Krypton, personally, as long as Alura (sp?) gets her comeuppance at the end...

Mindset
laughing out loud Guaratee most of the forum does not know who that is.

and **** you, oh so very much. dopedfu

JSdE9x5bvjU

Hail to the Master. pray my god...

Allankles
Where is this stated? Because in the NG Secret Files and Origins, Orion's about 301 years old. The New Gods themselves only reached Godhood around 30,000 years ago.

And Genesis, one of the NG anchor stories which has definitely not been retconned, only confirms this.

Orion, Metron and Lightray were on Earth in 40,000 BC and gave the primordial humans inspiration, fire and magic.

Yuga according to the timeline is just under 4 billion years old and DS was born somewhere in those billion years of warfare that saw the house of Yuga Khan become the royal house of Apokolips.

Also it should be noted that DS deliberately stalled the birth of Orion as part of a strategy in his war with New Genesis.

Enyalus
fair enough.

i like Shrapnel. I know he's a bit silly, but he's one of those villains who fills out the universe really well.
Lol. I guess I like him, too. Reminds me of the Absorbing Man. A silly underdog villain you can root for.

Plus, Superman is due to appear in Flash: Rebirth and has his own Blackest Night tie in, so there's at least something you can enjoy, no?
Oh, cool. Yeah, I'd definitely read that.

I don't mind New Krypton, personally, as long as Alura (sp?) gets her comeuppance at the end...
Well, I don't mind NK, but I'm not in love with it, either.

Mindset
Btw, I like NK and Superman.

They aren't particularly good, but it's entertaining.

Enyalus
Orion, Metron and Lightray were on Earth in 40,000 BC and gave the primordial humans inspiration, fire and magic.
That's going off of FC, right? I only saw Metron there.

Yuga according to the timeline is just under 4 billion years old and DS was born somewhere in those billion years of warfare that saw the house of Yuga Khan become the royal house of Apokolips.

Also it should be noted that DS deliberately stalled the birth of Orion as part of a strategy in his war with New Genesis.

Again, where is all of this stated?

Allankles

That's going off of FC, right? I only saw Metron there.

Not FC, seven soldiers I believe. I think the 3 New Gods built the first city states on Earth too and help build a primordial civilization that may have mistakenly created the Harrowing (an event in DC where a scavenger species acquires it resources by destroying every great human civilization when it reaches its apex).

Basically there were super advanced human civilization 40,000 years ago, followed by an advanced Arthurian age and then followed finally by modern day Earth.

Again, where is all of this stated?

I know Yuga was one of the first living beings on Apokolips and according to the 4th world time-line overview this was 4 billion years in the past (The NG secret files overview).

We also know that Apokolips was in constant warfare and had other ruling houses before the house of Khan took over and we know based on JKW that Uxas was born in the millenia during these upheavals.

Raoul

Lol. I guess I like him, too. Reminds me of the Absorbing Man. A silly underdog villain you can root for.

Oh, cool. Yeah, I'd definitely read that.

Well, I don't mind NK, but I'm not in love with it, either.

exactly.

me too. clark is supposed to race the flash in issue 3, so i'm interested to say the least.

i didn't like it at first, but i think it's gotten better with each issue (the special, anyways. the other books suck balls mostly).

Enyalus
me too. clark is supposed to race the flash in issue 3, so i'm interested to say the least.
Wasn't it Barry Allen who did the whole, 7,000 lightyears per picosecond thing? I realize that was PC-era, but technically he'd be like Superboy Prime. A relic from that era. Not sure why Supes would ever come close to touching him in a race.

Raoul
Wasn't it Barry Allen who did the whole, 7,000 lightyears per picosecond thing? I realize that was PC-era, but technically he'd be like Superboy Prime. A relic from that era. Not sure why Supes would ever come close to touching him in a race.

well, i'm assuming the flash will win, obviously, but the question of just how fast they'll go is something that intrigues me...

Enyalus
well, i'm assuming the flash will win, obviously, but the question of just how fast they'll go is something that intrigues me...
Well, Supes won't be going FTL. shifty Lo3W. Cosmic Tredmill. Destruction of universe.

big grin

Raoul
Well, Supes won't be going FTL. shifty Lo3W. Cosmic Tredmill. Destruction of universe.

big grin

laughing out loud

meh, he's done it before...

Philosophía
Supes won't be going FTL.

Slap yourself.

Juntai

sick Superman/Batman hasn't had a good storyline in over a year probably. Its so PIS-filled I can barely stand it. Like, ever, actually.

Sin I AM
doom

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
Like, ever, actually.

hey. uhuh

the first three or four arcs weren't bad.

psycho gundam
prankster shrunk him to microscopic size, and his lifespan parallels hat of a sub-atomic particle, AND he's going insane.

darthgoober
laughing out loud

meh, he's done it before...
Yeah but according to McDuffie, Supes is being unable to go FTL without entering hyperspace so I wouldn't get your hopes up. And yes I know he has in the past(gone FTL I mean), but if that notion has caught on at DC it wouldn't surprise me to see his speed limited to C in the race.

Raoul
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but according to McDuffie, Supes is being unable to go FTL without entering hyperspace so I wouldn't get your hopes up. And yes I know he has in the past(gone FTL I mean), but if that notion has caught on at DC it wouldn't surprise me to see his speed limited to C in the race.

shame on you for using mcduffie.

and it wouldnt surprise me either, but him being limited to C should be something he chooses, not a limitation placed upon him by writers.

Enyalus

iceman24567
Pfft Mon-El is the shit at the moment I hope Superman stays off world for a while.

Philosophía
Yeah but according to McDuffie, Supes is being unable to go FTL without entering hyperspace so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

What does McDuffie have to do with this ?

iceman24567
It was a joke.

I will not be judged by children. uhuh laughing The majority of posters in this section are children or act like them.

darthgoober

darthgoober
shame on you for using mcduffie.

and it wouldnt surprise me either, but him being limited to C should be something he chooses, not a limitation placed upon him by writers.
Just trying to save you from the shock if/when it happens man laughing .

And I agree about the limitation, but it seems to me that DC might be trying to downgrade the speed of it's characters(probably to make things a bit more realistic) so I have my doubts about it being portrayed like that.

Raoul
Just trying to save you from the shock if/when it happens man laughing .

And I agree about the limitation, but it seems to me that DC might be trying to downgrade the speed of it's characters(probably to make things a bit more realistic) so I have my doubts about it being portrayed like that.

i don't think its DC themselves, more just various writers disagreeing on certain things...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing The majority of posters in this section are children or act like them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/sockatume/doctorwooxg0.gif

Did somebody call my name? durhmm

Endless Mike
it isn't just wolverine being in every book, for me. its the writers making a mess of the other characters when they focus on them. scott and emma are the central characters in some of the books, but their relationship, and scott, are written terribly at times.

You know what would be funny?

If Marvel suddenly revealed that there were a bunch of clones of Wolverine running around, and that's how he was able to appear in so many titles at once.

BTW I know who Dio Brando and The Master are.

As for the Flash/Supes race, Supes probably won't go FTL if it takes place on Earth.

Raoul
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You know what would be funny?

If Marvel suddenly revealed that there were a bunch of clones of Wolverine running around, and that's how he was able to appear in so many titles at once.

As for the Flash/Supes race, Supes probably won't go FTL if it takes place on Earth.

according to she hulk, there might be lol...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike

thumb up Nice to see another Who fan on here.

http://www.aldenbates.com/g/balls.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.