Dante(DMC4) vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
okay this is a pure fistfight, so Dante doesn't have any of his weapons (obviously). just so you know before yuo say that Dante isn't exactly a good H2H fighter, let me tell you that he happens to be an expert at mixed martial arts. okay, Akuma can use all of his attacks too.

lastly, Dante also can use devil trigger as a last resort to make his attacks stronger (again, obviously).

alright

ready?

FIGHT!!!!

Wei Phoenix
What H2H feats does he have?

I am who I am
Dante's Devil Trigger can flay can't it? He's not as strong as Akuma but he is still pretty skilled. I'm gonna wait before I say who I think wins.

ThunderGodEneru
Um, what?

Dude, you actually need to sit here and think over whether or not Gouki can beat ANY form of Dante in H2H?

Gouki punches Dante. Dante dies.

I doubt Dante's fists could even hurt him.

danteiscool
Okay Dante is by no means weak. if you've seen the opening cutscene for DMC3 when he takes on the demons in his shop , you'll see that Dante isn't exactly skilled in H2H. as for in DMC4, he blocked a punch from the Savior (with some effort) which also should show you how physically strong he is, especially when you see that the Savior was pretty much leaning on him (i.e: all of his weight was on Dante) and Dante shrugged the fist off almost like nothing. you also forget how he more or less improvises on the fly.

that should tell you something.

oh yeah, I am who I am, Dante can only fly in DT when he has Nevan (the guitar weapon from DMC3) equiped. but since weapons are not allowed, he can't fly.

danteiscool
almost forgot to mention. Dante is alot stronger in DMC4 than he is in DMC3.

ThunderGodEneru
Gouki destroyed an island with a punch.

He would have shattered Savior into thousands of pieces if he tried to punch him.

frankjimenez67
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

He would have shattered Savior into thousands of pieces if he tried to punch him.
THat is totaly but isnt dante fast enough to counter that since akuma needs to charge to do that (unless it is Shin Akuma )

SuperLuigi
too bad islands cant dodge punches

Burning thought
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

An Island is not as durable as an enormous giant of stone

Darkstorm Zero
Hrnnnmmm...

Gouki didn't "Power up" to do that attack, he did it after testing Ryu, and there was no warning.

However, Gouki actually LANDING a hit like that right from the get-go is more than a little presuming... Dante can't hope to beat out Gouki's ki control enough to cause any real damage, but Gouki also isn't fast enough for a speedblitz...

I'd say if Dante can stun Gouki enough to cause him to lose Ki control long enough to actually launch a crippling (hopefully lethal) attack, then he could win. But the chance is slim, and he'll only get it once. If he fails, it's over... Gouki will paste him when pissed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Burning thought
An Island is not as durable as an enormous giant of stone erm

Okay you're full of shit.

Savior is at BEST a thousand feet tall, and that is a massive hype up in size.

The island Gouki was one had mountains bigger than Savior, it is compiled of earth and solid rock.

Gouki shattered that island. Easily. When he was not in his prime.

An atomic bomb cannot replicate Gouki's feat.

Burning thought
Show me, sounds like some of your bullshit, Saviour is not only large but far denser and contructed thicker than Earth and gravel, you would have to be a fool to think the islands body is stronger than Saviours, size is not the only factor to take into account when talking of density, strength or power, you seem to have difficulty with that concept.

Also I have heard many variations of this feat, some say he sunk the island, your saying he destroyed it, can you even show this feat?

NemeBro
Show me, sounds like some of your bullshit, Saviour is not only large but far denser and contructed thicker than Earth and gravel, you would have to be a fool to think the islands body is stronger than Saviours, size is not the only factor to take into account when talking of density, strength or power, you seem to have difficulty with that concept.

Also I have heard many variations of this feat, some say he sunk the island, your saying he destroyed it, can you even show this feat? 9TtwRoLbOAo

As you can see from the exposion beginning to erupt from the mountain, and the fact that rocks were flying even as Ryu was in the water, all but shows us the island shattering to pieces. The notion that it "sunk" it unfounded.

That would take thousands of tons of force to accomplish. Care to bring a feat from Savior to prove he can take that?

Hell, does Savior have ONE durability feat?

ScreamPaste
Akuma broke physics, he wins.

OriginalA
Dante could just Royal Block all of Akuma's attacks. Since Dante can easily react to bullets without a time altering ability his reaction time must be beyond bullet speed. Unless Akuma is proven to attack faster than Mach 1.7 (roughly the speed of how fast the bullets fired from Nero's Blue Rose are going) then Dante is easily going to see it coming.

Royal Block blocks all possible damage from Dante and stores it as Angry Energy which then can be released back at a target for equivalent damage plus a little more. With Royal Release Dante counter attacks by passing through an enemy, while the enemy is attacking Dante, and releases all the Angry Energy into that target while receiving none of the damage from the enemy's attack.

With perfect timing Dante is impossible to hurt while he is using the Royal Guard style and the boss fights against him show that he has this timing even when he is not trying very hard at all.

Among the things that have been Royal Blocked (which is every attack in the games that have the style Royal Guard) are: a sword that is said to cut through anything including dimensions, explosives, holy rays of light, lasers, blades, bullets, an exploding bullet that is already lodged inside Dante's gut (that one surprised me), punches from the Savior, and possibly a ray beam from Mundus (one of the most powerful beings in the DMC games).

All the things that can be Royal Blocked can also be Royal Released however Dante will only travel a short distance (maybe 15 feet) during the attack and will only harm enemies within that distance. The Savior's holy beam attack cannot be royal released (to my knowledge) because it is a continuous attack.

Burning thought
Originally posted by NemeBro
9TtwRoLbOAo

As you can see from the exposion beginning to erupt from the mountain, and the fact that rocks were flying even as Ryu was in the water, all but shows us the island shattering to pieces. The notion that it "sunk" it unfounded.

That would take thousands of tons of force to accomplish. Care to bring a feat from Savior to prove he can take that?

Hell, does Savior have ONE durability feat?

erm wut? lol....what rubbish, as i thought, no island explodes or breaks apart or "shatters" as you like to put it, all we see is one explosion from the middle of the island, an island not much bigger than Saviour if at all from your video.

Thousands of tons of force to cause the tiny explosion? the one we see in the video? or is there another (likely in your imagination). And furthermore, Saviour needs no feat other than what he is, unless the island has another incredible feat somewhere, its still nothing but gravel and natural rock, and still only a small part of it was smashed, hell we dont even see whats causing the fiery plume.

No more than the island......

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by OriginalA
Mach 1.7 (roughly the speed of how fast the bullets fired from Nero's Blue Rose are going)
Out of curiosity, what exactly are you basing this on?

ArtificialGlory
It says that the "island disappears". Whatever that means.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
It says that the "island disappears". Whatever that means.

Either Akuma is able to translocate an island or he can dissolve it. I'd guess on the latter given how he punch the ground.

Burning thought
But still a guess, an assumption, a speculation, weak sauce proof of whatever feat he apprently provided, all we see is an explosion in the middle of the island, the whole island was crumbling already so obvioulsy the force provided was over a duration. Although it says "as" Akumas island disapears, so it was by no means "punch"---->Island shatters, more of a "punch"---->Island slowly crumbles away....if even that, its still there even after the end of the little cinematic because rubble is still falling around Ryu while he is in the water.

Q'Anilia
Speculation indeed. Whatever happened though, the punch was the source of it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Probably he sank that island. we didn't see any scene where the island shattered into pieces.

Q'Anilia
Sank? Was the island floating?

Burning thought
Apprently it was on water, thus why Ryu is in water, although that could be a subtaranean river or something, tbh I dont know, thing is, we dont see it shattering, breaking, all we see is some crumbling, the likes of which you would see if the Island was not exploding into bits.

ScreamPaste
I have to say, I was expecting something a bit more flashy from the way it was described, and technicly an H-bomb can do that, there was an island they tested the H bomb on, the island is now below sea level.

Q'Anilia
The H-Bomb is our most powerful piece of explosive to date. The fact that it can do so does not make the feat any less. Unless the island was actually floating, it did not sink.

ScreamPaste
I'm not claiming for eitherside, I still think akuma wins, but I think I was let down because it's been described as a bit more epic on this forum.

OriginalA
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Out of curiosity, what exactly are you basing this on?
Deductive reasoning. Nero's Blue Rose handgun is a modified Smith & Wesson model 500 pistol. The S&W 500 can shoot bullets that travel up to Mach 1.7 (rounded down to the tenth's spot). Dante reacted to Nero firing on him and is able to counter with his own pistols and shoot Nero's bullets out of the air. Thus Dante is able to react to things moving at least up to Mach 1.7.

Q'Anilia
Deductive reasoning. Nero's Blue Rose handgun is a modified Smith & Wesson model 500 pistol. The S&W 500 can shoot bullets that travel up to Mach 1.7 (rounded down to the tenth's spot). Dante reacted to Nero firing on him and is able to counter with his own pistols and shoot Nero's bullets out of the air. Thus Dante is able to react to things moving at least up to Mach 1.7.

Several aspects still has be taken in consideration before Dante is safe. Dodging bullets does not quite suffice. A path I will not draw given my lack of knowledge in both characters.

OriginalA
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Several aspects still has be taken in consideration before Dante is safe. Dodging bullets does not quite suffice. A path I will not draw given my lack of knowledge in both characters.

True, but it is a start of a defense for Dante.

Also it isn't dodging bullets. It was shooting them out of the air with more bullets as well as blocking them with his hands.

NemeBro
erm wut? lol....what rubbish, as i thought, no island explodes or breaks apart or "shatters" as you like to put it, all we see is one explosion from the middle of the island, an island not much bigger than Saviour if at all from your video.

Thousands of tons of force to cause the tiny explosion? the one we see in the video? or is there another (likely in your imagination). And furthermore, Saviour needs no feat other than what he is, unless the island has another incredible feat somewhere, its still nothing but gravel and natural rock, and still only a small part of it was smashed, hell we dont even see whats causing the fiery plume.

No more than the island...... Okay time to walk the child through this.

The island was directly stated to be disappearing. So yes, the island was destroyed. And what else but Gouki's punch would cause the fiery plume?

An island not much bigger than Savior? What do you base this on other than your own bias? Because we see the whole thing from a point of view that allows us to see all of it? Hell, as a matter of fact, looking at it again, the island was going off-screen to the right, we could not even see all of it. What is to the left is a large cave, possibly a mountain.

Thousands of tons to destroy the island. If it merely sunk...Why the explosion? Or the falling rocks? Why would rocks still be falling when Ryu was in the water if the island merely sunk?

And yeah, thousands upon thousands of tons of force, hell, it would take that just to SINK it.

Savior needs no feat other than what he is? A giant stone statue? I see. So you are talking BS even though he has not one durability feat? Humorous, to say the least. Yet he can take a punch from Gouki, who no matter what way made an island disappear? Even if he only sunk it, that would be sufficient to easily one-shot Savior.

Darkstorm Zero
So we are now back to Gouki SINKING the island..... Jeez! It's not like that actually cripples the feat, I mean all it realll y does is change terminology. I had Sado argue that the island didn't sink, but was destroyed, in a belated attempt to discredit the feat. Now BT is going the other way to do the same thing.

Thing is fellas, it would take no less force to 'sink' an island as it would take to 'crumble' it to peices.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
So we are now back to Gouki SINKING the island..... Jeez! It's not like that actually cripples the feat, I mean all it realll y does is change terminology. I had Sado argue that the island didn't sink, but was destroyed, in a belated attempt to discredit the feat. Now BT is going the other way to do the same thing.

Thing is fellas, it would take no less force to 'sink' an island as it would take to 'crumble' it to peices. I don't think anyone really think that he sunk it. A theorized alternative that was not pushed on, that's all.

Burning thought
Okay time to walk the child through this.

The island was directly stated to be disappearing. So yes, the island was destroyed. And what else but Gouki's punch would cause the fiery plume?

An island not much bigger than Savior? What do you base this on other than your own bias? Because we see the whole thing from a point of view that allows us to see all of it? Hell, as a matter of fact, looking at it again, the island was going off-screen to the right, we could not even see all of it. What is to the left is a large cave, possibly a mountain.

Thousands of tons to destroy the island. If it merely sunk...Why the explosion? Or the falling rocks? Why would rocks still be falling when Ryu was in the water if the island merely sunk?

And yeah, thousands upon thousands of tons of force, hell, it would take that just to SINK it.

Savior needs no feat other than what he is? A giant stone statue? I see. So you are talking BS even though he has not one durability feat? Humorous, to say the least. Yet he can take a punch from Gouki, who no matter what way made an island disappear? Even if he only sunk it, that would be sufficient to easily one-shot Savior.

Sorry but "disapearing" is not the same as destroyed, the rest of the imagery shows that it was not utterly destroyed and furthermore, it says it was "disapearing", not that it actually disapeared there and then so it could have taken hours if not days for all we know for the whole island to crumble away.

The saviour is enormous, far larger than what that island seemed to be, but as i pointed out "from your video" theres little indication at all of the islands size, or comparisons.

Because the force would still be shacking the island which is why it would be crumbling.

Well the island has no feat does it of durability? no, then shut up...simple...Saviour is an enormous thick lump of mostly solid stone, any solid stone beats that feat of making an island shake and crumble.

Q'Anilia
Sorry but "disapearing" is not the same as destroyed

Can be.

ScreamPaste
It is going to irk me forever that when the island disappears it was destroyed, but when the moon is gone it just left <_< Double standards can chew my pubes.

danteiscool
Okay, just so everyone knows, the Savior is made up of demonic and spiritual matter and stone. that makes it much more durable than any island. and like some people have said, the island disappaered. it wasn't shattered. and I've seen attacks that do more than cause a small explosion in the cave's wall.

Burning thought
It didnt even disapear, it "started disapearing" e.g. it was crumbling a little

Phanteros
Originally posted by danteiscool
Okay, just so everyone knows, the Savior is made up of demonic and spiritual matter and stone. that makes it much more durable than any island. and like some people have said, the island disappaered. it wasn't shattered. and I've seen attacks that do more than cause a small explosion in the cave's wall. whats saviors durablity feat

The Valiant

The Savior has city-busting attacks. As for durablity feats, I don't think he has any. He has invincible armor, but if he can make can island explode as you say, then I think Akuma may take this one. I mean, we saw what Nero's Devil Bringer did to Savior. So if a weakened Savior was defeated by Nero's DB, then there is no telling WHAT Akuma will do.

Burning thought
so w8 a min, I am still missing the islands durability feat, must be in the video or? the part where it says the island is somethin other than crumbly natural gravel and rock?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Gouki probably destroyed the island's base. when the base destroyed, the island disappeared. But it probably isn't a mere punch. it must be some kind of technique. Tenma Gou Zankuu which is far stronger than his mere punch where 1 of his energy ball is as strong as his punch only managed to made a crater which is far from island busting attack.

Stupid capcom 4 making something unclear like "disappeared" word.

I am who I am
Oh, this is a fist fight?! Akuma rapes then, man can blow up islands with a punch (Goukentou). Dante still has speed on his side but Akuma aint slow either. The power of Akuma is too much.

And I already posted the SFEC profile that states Akuma DESTROYED the island.

OriginalA
Dante's Bangle of Time (time stopping item) technically isn't a weapon so it should be allowed in this fight according to the rules in the first post.

So Dante stops time then snaps Akuma's neck... yeah?

I am who I am
Well yeah, duh. But I don't remember Dante bein' able to do that in the rules, soooo...

OriginalA
okay this is a pure fistfight, so Dante doesn't have any of his weapons (obviously). just so you know before yuo say that Dante isn't exactly a good H2H fighter, let me tell you that he happens to be an expert at mixed martial arts. okay, Akuma can use all of his attacks too.

lastly, Dante also can use devil trigger as a last resort to make his attacks stronger (again, obviously).

alright

ready?

FIGHT!!!!

The first post says nothing about equipment. Only that WEAPONS are not allowed.

The Bangle of Time isn't a weapon.

Truth be told though Dante probably wouldn't snap Akuma's neck. He would probably unstop time right after he starts to land a Distorted Real Impact with a Devil Trigger Explosion twist on it. Both of these are considered to be "game breaking" in DMC 3 and DMC 4 and would probably kill Akuma in a single successful blow.

I am who I am
The first post says nothing about equipment. Only that WEAPONS are not allowed.

Truth be told though Dante probably wouldn't snap Akuma's neck. He would probably unstop time right after he starts to land a Distorted Real Impact with a Devil Trigger Explosion twist on it. Both of these are considered to be "game breaking" in DMC 3 and DMC 4 and would probably kill Akuma in a single successful blow. He also says PURE FIST FIGHT as well. This leads me to believe that they aint usin' any equipment at all especially seein' as how Akuma doesn't even have any to speak of in any game.

I'm not disagreein' wit you about Dante winnin' wit the time stop. I'm sayin' he can't stop time in this fight

I am who I am
Oh yeah, here it is...Street Fighter Eternal Challenge (Hard Cover
Following a path of pure evil, Akuma traveled to a small island south of Japan, filled with active volcanoes, known as the Island of Flame (Gokentou). He spent many weeks training there before destroying the island and heading out across the world in search of worthy opponents...

The Valiant

You're right...it's an ability. I don't remember time being broken when he does that. Can Dante use Beowulf/Gilgamesh/Ifrit?

OriginalA
Originally posted by The Valiant
You're right...it's an ability. I don't remember time being broken when he does that. Can Dante use Beowulf/Gilgamesh/Ifrit? Bangle of Time =/= QuickSilver.

Bangle of Time is a time stopper. It is an item.

Quick Silver gives the impression of a time slower by accelerating Dante. In reality Dante is moving, and perceiving, at a much quicker rate then he usually is giving the allusion of time being slowed down. QuickSilver is an ability.

danteiscool
like I am who I am pointed out, this is a PURE fistfight. no weapons or time affecting abilities are allowed. the only thing allowed is Dante's devil trigger and that is only to be used as a last resort. the only thing these guys can use are their own two hands and feet to attacke.

OriginalA
like I am who I am pointed out, this is a PURE fistfight. no weapons or time affecting abilities are allowed. the only thing allowed is Dante's devil trigger and that is only to be used as a last resort. the only thing these guys can use are their own two hands and feet to attacke.

So I guess Akuma's island busting attack is out of the question too since that sends out a large purple energy blast and that isn't exactly a hand or foot.

You will probably will want to agree with that restriction since if that is allowed then the DDT's Aura Explosion attack is fair game as well and that will kill Akuma in a single hit. (It only has enough power to destroy boss level demons in 3 seconds).

I am who I am
Dante at the very least should get Gilgamesh, tho.

The Valiant
(It only has enough power to destroy boss level demons in 3 seconds).

9cEU3_RJXz8&feature=related He was as big as the Colossus statue in God of War II.

mastagambit
Akuma sweeps his leg then does Shungokusatsu as he gets up.

I am who I am
That is such a cheap tactic. Glad it doesn't work as well anymore.

goldjoker
bullets dont damage akuma.. the only way to defeat akuma is fighting hand-to-hand

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by goldjoker
bullets dont damage akuma.. the only way to defeat akuma is fighting hand-to-hand

Or stick Rebellion into his chest and "jackpot" his ass all the way to hell.

Sappho
i know both and akuma wins. akuma is fast enough (not nearly as fast as dante) to somehow get a hit in, and then he'll be obliterated, and this is only considering the island busting feat true. if you guys decide that the feat cant be used in this thread, then i give it to dante 9/10. even then it would be a good fight, but imho i think akuma would take it, due to pure striking power.

NemeBro
Island busting...Kicking ships in half at the bottom of the ocean while destroying a submarine with a shockwave...Splitting mountains with a punch...Even discounting island busting, Gouki hits much harder.

Sappho
he split a ship in half at the bottom of the ocean???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.