True Sabbath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VirtuouslyDvin
The true Sabbath that God is talking about in Genesis as the seventh day of rest is from Sunset Friday to Sundown Saturday. You really have to go back and research things for yourselves to get an understanding. The Bible tells us not to let people judge us by the Sabbath or by the eating of meat as long as we do it unto the Lord. The original custom of the Sabbath is based in the Jewish, Greek, and Hebrew customs. God tells us how He wants us to live our lives in specific detail. The sun is to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. Religion which is man made changed the days to fit their own personal customs to avoid siding with those who crucified the Savior(Jews). What we fail to realize is they are His chosen people. There are other Sabbaths but those refer to the different religions that God told the Jews to recognize; such as Passover(Pasach).

Symmetric Chaos
Heretic.

Robtard
Originally posted by VirtuouslyDvin
The true Sabbath that God is talking about in Genesis as the seventh day of rest is from Sunset Friday to Sundown Saturday. You really have to go back and research things for yourselves to get an understanding. The Bible tells us not to let people judge us by the Sabbath or by the eating of meat as long as we do it unto the Lord. The original custom of the Sabbath is based in the Jewish, Greek, and Hebrew customs. God tells us how He wants us to live our lives in specific detail. The sun is to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. Religion which is man made changed the days to fit their own personal customs to avoid siding with those who crucified the Savior(Jews). What we fail to realize is they are His chosen people. There are other Sabbaths but those refer to the different religions that God told the Jews to recognize; such as Passover(Pasach).

Okay, you're Jewish or acknowledge the tenants of the Jewish faith. Your point?

Ordo
The Sabbath is any day when I get Chipotle.

Deja~vu
Yes, the true Sabbath starts from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. It was changed by the Roman church around 325 AD during a council meeting.

Seventh Day Adventists, Seventh Day Baptists along with some WWCG and other renegade religions celebrate it besides Jews.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Yes, the true Sabbath starts from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. It was changed by the Roman church around 325 AD during a council meeting.

Why? What is the basis of the teaching that the sabbath is Saturday rather than Sunday?

Ace of Knaves
S M T W T F S?

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why? What is the basis of the teaching that the sabbath is Saturday rather than Sunday? What is the basis? Because the Bible teaches it. You cannot work on the Sabbath, but you can do "good." Jesus did good, but people felt he was working because he was performing miracles.

It was changed to Sunday by the church to unite the Pagan belief with a more Christain belief. Pagans worshipped on Sunday, the day of the Sun.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
S M T W T F S?

Oh, makes sense I suppose. That was the original order of the days, I take it?

Deja~vu
Sunday - Day of the Sun

Monday - Day of the Moon

Tuesday - Named after the god Tuez

Wednesday - Named after the god Wooden

Thursday - Named after the god Thor

Friday - Named after the goddess freya

Saturday - Named after Saturn.

Go figure. We are all Pagan. LOL

Ace of Knaves
Oh, makes sense I suppose. That was the original order of the days, I take it?

I have no idea. This is why I placed a question mark at the end.

Deja~vu
Sunday is the first day of the week, not the Seventh according to the Roman Calander, which we all have adopted.

Symmetric Chaos
Teusday is named after Tyr I think and I'm certain Woden only has one "o" in it.

But yeah, I see how that works. I just grew up thinking of Sunday as the last day (before the school week starts again). Looking at Wikipedia the Christian Sabbath is really a Sabbath at all, it based supposedly on the idea of creation and resurrection.

Deja~vu
Teusday is named after Tyr I think and I'm certain Woden only has one "o" in it.

But yeah, I see how that works. I just grew up thinking of Sunday as the last day (before the school week starts again). Looking at Wikipedia the Christian Sabbath is really a Sabbath at all, it based supposedly on the idea of creation and resurrection. Yeah, that is what they teach. But that story is a Pagan story. The church used Jesus' name in place of the other dieties that came earlier to persuade the pagans to join.

There were many believers in Jesus that refused to change their Holy Day. They understood what was going on and they were put to death, run out of town or persecuted.

Oh and forgive the spelling of some god names...It's been awhile.

Deja~vu

Ordo
Sunday - Day of the Sun

Monday - Day of the Moon

LOL Go figure. Because we use pagan names we must be pagan. I can only assume your pagans must be Greco-Roman pagans if they cant come up with something better for "Saturday."

Heli(o)u
Selenes
Areos
Hermu
Dios
Aphrodites
Khronu

or if you prefer

Solis
Lunae
Martis
Mercurii
Jovis
Veneris
Saturni

Course, this traditions did not originate with the (former) Greeks and (later) Romans, but with the Balonians, who for some reason presented the:

SUN > MOON > MARS > MERCURY > JUPITER > VENUS > SATURN

progression.

I still hold the Sabbath is burrito day at Chipotle.

Sunday is the first day of the week, not the Seventh according to the Roman Calander, which we all have adopted.

Is that why its the year 2553? (๒๕๕๓) ?

King Kandy
Sabbath is saturday, clearly. Sunday is the "Lord's Day". Ech. Would have been simpler to keep it to saturday imo.

To add on an extra layer of ridiculousness, friday has significance in muslim worship.

Mindship
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sabbath is saturday, clearly. Sunday is the "Lord's Day". Ech. Would have been simpler to keep it to saturday imo.

To add on an extra layer of ridiculousness, friday has significance in muslim worship. If we can get four more monotheistic faiths started, then every day can be a sabbath.

God bless religionistic one-upmanship.

Ordo
Hump day for Sabbath!

lil bitchiness
Sunday - Day of the Sun

Monday - Day of the Moon

Actually Wednesday is Odin's day.

Symmetric Chaos
Woden is Odin. They're both considered valid translations I believe.

King Kandy
Odin is a Norse god, Woden is an Anglo-Saxon god. But you can pretty much consider them the same character. Wednesday is named after Woden.

peejayd
* the true sabbath is not in the law of Moses:

"For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience."
Hebrews 4:8-11

* Christ is the true sabbath:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

* we should be in Christ everyday, not only once a week...

"Then He said to them all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."
Luke 9:23

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed him: If you continue in my word, you shall be my disciples indeed."
John 8:31

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.