S. Darko - The sequel to Donnie Darko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

killakyle
Anyone see it yet? What are your thoughts?

Kovacs86
Why would anyone want to see it? I saw no room (and definitely no need) for sequel-isation in Donnie Darko (other than the fact that it made some money on DVD). Why the **** bother making some piece of shit straight to DVD sequel anyway?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Why would anyone want to see it? I saw no room (and definitely no need) for sequel-isation in Donnie Darko (other than the fact that it made some money on DVD). Why the **** bother making some piece of shit straight to DVD sequel anyway?
Is it really a straight to DVD release?

And, I always thought that the story could be worked from a complex multi-verse perspective and what we saw was only the tip of the iceberg.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is it really a straight to DVD release?

And, I always thought that the story could be worked from a complex multi-verse perspective and what we saw was only the tip of the iceberg.

yeah, the dvd is comng out, but I won't be seeing it

SnakeEyes
Not gonna watch this.

MildPossession
It's apparently just a mediocre 'remake' of the first Donnie Darko, but this time around it's the sister. Adding nothing of importance.

It's the type of film that doesn't need a sequel at all, ended perfectly.

It will be a free dvd watch for me.

Scythe
Oh god, why would they... Uhh, I'm not even going to give this a chance.

Q'Anilia
Donnie Dark was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. That, and the one with the killer sheeps.

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's apparently just a mediocre 'remake' of the first Donnie Darko, but this time around it's the sister. Adding nothing of importance.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's the type of film that doesn't need a sequel at all, ended perfectly..

I disagree that it ended perfectly. I wanted a more complex/broader understanding of how the multi-verse functioned and the "powers" of the individual could be used. From my perspective, there was no reason he had to die. In fact, he could have, in my opinion, been show to experience the event/s in many different ways until arriving at the best possible outcome. Now, you may say that since I think that, I am totally missing the point of the ending or I am bastardizing the entire ending with too much realism. Cool, and I agree, to a certain extent, that I would be destroying a nice work of art. I thought the film was wonderful. I just wanted a tad more out of the ending.

Impediment
You suck with your ninja spam sig.

You will be banned soon enough.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
You suck with your ninja spam sig.

You will be banned soon enough.

Who was that post too?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Donnie Dark was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. That, and the one with the killer sheeps. We can no longer be friends. Joking

But as for a remake of DD with the sister instead...Why?

Scythe
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Donnie Dark was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. That, and the one with the killer sheeps.

Hahaha, Black Sheep was great!

K.Canton
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Not gonna watch this.http://www.tracker-analytics.com/track/img/3358/s09v0317fvxp/00.gif

Based on the trailer, yeah, I completely agree with you.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by dadudemon
Cool. Thanks for the info.

I disagree that it ended perfectly. I wanted a more complex/broader understanding of how the multi-verse functioned and the "powers" of the individual could be used. From my perspective, there was no reason he had to die. In fact, he could have, in my opinion, been show to experience the event/s in many different ways until arriving at the best possible outcome. Now, you may say that since I think that, I am totally missing the point of the ending or I am bastardizing the entire ending with too much realism. Cool, and I agree, to a certain extent, that I would be destroying a nice work of art. I thought the film was wonderful. I just wanted a tad more out of the ending.

Dude, see i think the whole point of Darko dying was very important. I can dig that, maybe you didnt like his decision Darko made but i look at it like this. Fate made a mistake when Darko didn't die that night and in effort for the universe to correct itself, Darko was given a choice from fate by Frank (the embodiment of fate) to either change what is written or correct the mistake. That's how i look at it. I'm not sure if that's what was being conveyed, though laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dude, see i think the whole point of Darko dying was very important. I can dig that, maybe you didnt like his decision Darko made but i look at it like this. Fate made a mistake when Darko didn't die that night and in effort for the universe to correct itself, Darko was given a choice from fate by Frank (the embodiment of fate) to either change what is written or correct the mistake. That's how i look at it. I'm not sure if that's what was being conveyed, though laughing out loud

Sort of.

Here's the problem, though.

He didn't have to die. No one had to die. Based on how those universes worked, not a single person in the film had to die because he knew the "future." Now, had they film conveyed an infinite loop of inevitable deaths occurring because he didn't die, then it would be a tad more satisfactory for me; however, still not quite because there is still a universe out that that no one dies. It's just that...few people get a "multiverse" right in Hollywood. It kind of f***s with the "plot" they are trying to write. They should be more intelligent and make the multiverse work for them instead of against them.

killakyle

MildPossession
Well you would say that since you seem to be advertising it in various topics. stick out tongue

ThunderGodEneru

Darth Jello
Does Richard Kelly even have anything to do with this? And even if he does, is his career still viable after Southland Tales? Not even Kevin Smith could save that movie.

ThunderGodEneru
I do not think Kelly has anything to do with the movie.

killakyle
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
You seem to have a stake in this.

What are they paying you?

If only I could get paid to speak my mind... don't think they have enough budget for that...

MildPossession
Kelly is working on The Box at the moment, I think. I'm not a fan of the cast at all, I was the same with Southland Tales...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.