How do you react when you play a bad videogame?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
If you bought or rented a videogame and it's so awful, how would you react?

ThunderGodEneru
I'd take it back.

no expression

lebowski32
If rented I probably wouldn't worry about it. If I bought then I'd probably unload it on Ebay

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X

i do nothing......because i've never bought or rented a bad game allways check out the reviews.

sketch_turner
I've learned that if i buy i video game and it turns out bad, i get a headache for the rest of that day, and it sucks both ways.

__fact

First_Tsurugi06
I think I block it out.

Scythe
Sell it.

Darth Jello
If it's a pirate nintendo game, especially a christian one I say "awesome!"

ArtificialGlory
Uninstall. I don't waste my money on a game before I make sure I like it.

Q'Anilia

If I bought it and did not like it, I'd put it in my shelf and leave it there. At one point or another, a friend might show interest and I give it to her/him.
If I rented it, there is nothing more to it than returning it and not extending the renting or buy it.

A friend of mine destroyed his Dungeon Siege disc in dismay. Never would it see the light of day again.

Peach
Well, I don't rent games.

And considering that 90% of the games I buy are used, on the rare chance I end up not liking it (doesn't happen often with how often I buy games), I'd just bring it back to work and get something else.

Not really much of a big deal, really.

Darth Vicious
If it is rented, I just bring it back. If it is used, I probably trade it in for another game or I would tell them that the game was for my son and I got the wrong one. If it is brand spanking new and I paid over $50, u best believe im bringing that s**t back!

Spidervlad
It's pretty rare that I really don't like a game from the beginning. Usually bad games for me are the games that I play until the middle and then loose interest in it.

The worst game I ever bought would be Gates of Troy for PC. Me and my friends put it in the microwave and set it for like ten minuets to see what would happen.

Nephthys
And what did?

Utrigita
I complete it as fast as possible, uninstall it and places it on my shelf.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Nephthys
And what did?

It's pretty cool, really, there's like flowing electricity surrounding the discs and it smelled like shit.

Neo Darkhalen
I just sell a game I don't like.

Impediment
I almost never rent games. 95% of all the games I buy are blind buys that I know for a fact I will like. If, in fact, I buy a game I don't like, I just return it.

jinXed by JaNx
I return it back to Gamefly and give a poor review.

I see that many of you people say that you return the game if you have purchased one and it turns out to be shit. I actually hear this all the time when i ask my friends why they even bother to buy games anymore when you can rent any game you want for far cheaper. Before i started renting from Gamefly and i purchased a shitty game i could never return it. I mean, i could but it's not like i would get my money back. I would only get 30-40% of my money back. Where the hell are you people buying games that they allow you to return them for a full discount?

Wolverine2179
If the game is god awful i'd throw the disc like a frisby.

Black Yoshi

I would just return the game to the store and get my money back.

Then again, that has never happened before (and might never happen in the future) since I only buy games that I know I'll like.

Darth Jello
Has anyone bought say, an older game that's bad simply for the infamy/design/collection? Pirate Nintendo games from Wisdom Tree/Color Dreams come in awesome bright blue cartridges and sometimes playing them can be a real exercise in skill because of bad design, like Menace Beach. Plus I encourage anyone to try and play the insane American version of Bayou Billy or Silver Surfer, the two hardest games ever made.
Oh, and those old infamous licensed games from LJN are horrible but sometimes the music is awesome like X-Men.

BackFire
I read reviews so I usually know what to expect.

But on the rare chance that a game is just awful when I was expecting it to be good/decent, I'll either just stop playing it and sell it/bury it or I'll force myself to finish it. I'm a sadist like that. It's what I did with Assassin's Creed. Crap game, but still finished it.

occultdestroyer
I throw/destroy the CD.

SaTsuJiN
I make a face like that girl they found in the closet, in The Ring

I am who I am
If you bought or rented a videogame and it's so awful, how would you react? I take it back and if it's so bad that it's funny, I'd bring some friends over and we would have comedy night.

leonheartmm
when im REALLY mad, i put the disk, horizntally above the anus of backfire's next victim.

Kero_Co
I chop my wang off.

Nemesis X
I once bought a bad game and I responded to this situation by knocking books off a shelf and started to curse.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by BackFire
I read reviews so I usually know what to expect.

That's really too bad. There are certain games that get a shit reputation and bad reviews because they have a steep learning curve or because the control takes a bit to get used to but are actually really good once you get into them. Some examples are Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Star Fox Assault, Zoda's Revenge, and Street Fighter 2010

SaTsuJiN
and dont forget Psychic Force.. gamepro took a steaming shit on that game.. and it was honestly one of the better fighters I've played.. I stopped really reading reviews after that and went more for the opinions of friends

leonheartmm
and then there are games which get perfect 100, and turn out to be ABSOLUTE SHIT!

examples, resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT}
final fantasy 12{yeah right, this pile of crap shud never have existed, it shits on the face of the entire series. it not INNOVATIVE, its crap}

NemeBro
Originally posted by leonheartmm
examples, resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT} The vast majority of RE games are mediocre at best. RE4 was one of the better ones.

occultdestroyer

final fantasy 12{yeah right, this pile of crap shud never have existed, it shits on the face of the entire series. it not INNOVATIVE, its crap}
I agree.
As a FF fanatic, the mere fact that it got excellent reviews by so-called "expert gamers" disgusts me.
Shit, that game was one of the CDs I broke laughing

leonheartmm
Originally posted by NemeBro
The vast majority of RE games are mediocre at best. RE4 was one of the better ones.

if anything that wud indicate ur inability to appreciate anything other than first person shooters. re 1, 2, 3 were AMAZING games, and code veronica was awesome in its own right.

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great. obviously, the game is made to make the screen shots loook great, in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding, which combined with bad aiming, a BULLSHIT storyline, crapphy physics and no variet, created the WORST resident evil, which shud have had no connection with games from the past.

ArtificialGlory
if anything that wud indicate ur inability to appreciate anything other than first person shooters. re 1, 2, 3 were AMAZING games, and code veronica was awesome in its own right.

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great. obviously, the game is made to make the screen shots loook great, in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding, which combined with bad aiming, a BULLSHIT storyline, crapphy physics and no variet, created the WORST resident evil, which shud have had no connection with games from the past.

I played RE2 on PS1 and RE3 on PC, and I thought they were good games.

Kazenji

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great.

FPS shooter fans have nothint to do with it since the game is all in Tthird person and as for the the screenshots they look great

And the other Resident Evil's did'nt limit the vision of the Surroundings with all the pre-redered rooms and such, Resident Evil 4 and 5 gives you more freedom

Bad aiming pffft what a load of crap its not that hard to master

Which should have.........but it does because the original creator of the other games did Resi 4

sounds like you have Nostalgia problem with the other games all they did was move things foward rather then be stuck in the past with the same old things besides Resi 4 got new people into the series again

I don't see how it shits on the entire series and not being innovative after all it is different exactly like rest of the games.

Neo Darkhalen
How the hell can anyone dislike Res4 it's just impossible. erm

Nemesis X
resident evil 4 {it wasnt revolutionary, it was SHIT}

*BEEP*

Sorry that wasn't my cellphone that beeped, it was the gaydar that beeped so loud, it sounded like a cellphone beeping.

NemeBro

the ONLY reason res eve 4 sold was because of childish first person shooter fans and people thinking the SCREENSHOTS looked great. obviously, the game is made to make the screen shots loook great, in reality though, it severely limites vision of the surounding, which combined with bad aiming, a BULLSHIT storyline, crapphy physics and no variet, created the WORST resident evil, which shud have had no connection with games from the past. 1. First of all, my inability to appreciate anything but FPS'? Sir, I would not make random baseless accusations at people, I do not prefer any specific genre of games, I simply prefer GOOD games. 1, 2, 3 were alright, never played CV I admit, but RE4 is better.

2. FPS fans? The game had virtually no relation to any FPS, except having guns in it.

Limits vision of surroundings? Bad aiming? Sir, a game isn't bad just because you suck at it.

Bullshit storyline? Okay...I'm just going to have to say this, the entire collective RE storyline is okay at best. They are not well-known for storyline. Especially RE5. Lol wtf was that shit?

It was better than the games from the past.

Nemesis X
Normally you can't trust reviews. One game (forgot its name because it was so bad) had a 8 out of 10. I figured that's a good score so I went and rented it. The game was so bad, not only did I return it in anger but I told the employee "You oughta warn me next time." Next I went back home and went on a videogame chatsite (not the one in KMC) and started giving it crap.

Kazenji
Normally you can't trust reviews. .

Depends really.

Ryo 666
Never rent. If I buy a game, whether its just a random buy or I looked it up. I stick it in the draw and don't play again...unless I'm bored.

Balthier
"WTF?? Shit!! damn (the name of the game publisher)!! give me back my money!! i'd better play tetris than this!!"

but then i just leave it dusted in my cabinet

occultdestroyer
Normally you can't trust reviews. One game (forgot its name because it was so bad) had a 8 out of 10. I figured that's a good score so I went and rented it. The game was so bad, not only did I return it in anger but I told the employee "You oughta warn me next time." Next I went back home and went on a videogame chatsite (not the one in KMC) and started giving it crap.
I agree.

Reviews are random opinions by random people who play random games.

It does help sometimes... but it also helps a lot to read USER reviews and watch the trailer/s

Sin_Volvagia
I very rarely play bad games and I only own one: MK Armageddon. Fortunately, this copy has UMK3 so it wasn't a complete waste.

How did I react to the main game? I played the game with all the characters plus some custom made and that was it. I tried beating the game again with Scorpion but the gameplay feels stiff, broken, and just not fun. It tried my best to like the game but it just didn't work.

I am who I am
Regret and resentment shower over me. But I really don't react physically.

steverules_2
When I play a bad game I have to buy a new TV for reasons I will not...or rather am not at liberty to say.... dur

Mandrag Ganon
I once bought a bad game and I responded to this situation by knocking books off a shelf and started to curse.

Very creative, I usually just burn them at the stake, and then trade them in at Gamestop or 3D games...

Discos
I dont really ead reviews anymore, just word of mouth from my friends.

If I play a bad game, I usually ***** and moan about it. I dont return the game but rather let it rot away on the shelf.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
*CRUSH EVERYTHING!!!*

then pee on everything. embarrasment

geshien
CA357cOG23I

Indeed, only not really like that, i just kind of crumple the controller into a ball while muttering angry thoughts, slam teh console into the tv, shattering one and probably causing one to be irreparable, and then pee on it while its still plugged in, causing sparks.

yelling is soooo undignified.

Allankles
I never buy bad games. I once thought I did when I bought Saints Row 2, but upon playing the game for more than 2 hrs I realized my instincts were spot on and it was a fun game.

The worst games I've got I rent, and instead of simply returning them immediately, I lie that they were bad copies, and pick up a better game for free in exchange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.