Jesus Cable vs Nova Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Nova Prime at Annihilation Wave: Conquest

vs.

Jesus Cable

who wins?

Enyalus
Nova infects Cable with the TO virus again. No more Jesus Cable.

Rider FTW.

Utrigita
I doubt he can...

Cable for the win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Utrigita
I doubt he can...

Well during Conquest he was infected by the TO virus spread by the Phalanx. So...I think it'd be pretty simple for him to spread it to Cable, who the only reason he was God-like in the first place was because he finally got rid of the TO virus.

shiv
How did the phalanx obtain Apocalypse's strain of the t-o virus?

Enyalus
Originally posted by shiv
How did the phalanx obtain Apocalypse's strain of the t-o virus?
I'm pretty sure it's the Phalanx's own TO virus, not Apoc's.

Seemed to be much more aggressive than Apoc's.

id369
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nova infects Cable with the TO virus again. No more Jesus Cable.

Rider FTW.

I dont think its that simple. The T.O. virus did return, and but by that time Cables powers had manifested to such an extent that he could restrain it with an afterthought.

And last seen Nova Prime rid himself of the infection. Its not an option, he could dwell on to begin with.

Enyalus
Originally posted by id369
I dont think its that simple. The T.O. virus did return, and but by that time Cables powers had manifested to such an extent that he could restrain it with an afterthought.

He had to use a vast portion of his power to keep it in check. That's why he literally ran out of juice against Surfer.

Now, NP is no Surfer, but Surfer was also holding back in that fight, so...

id369

Enyalus
Anyhow, Cable confirms to Xavier that the virus returned. Yet it was not sufficient enough to hamper its power levels. In fact, his powers continued to grow.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2yoab9k.jpg

Ah, nice find, man.

How would God-Cable win, then? Even standard centurion suits come with built-in psi-shields. Plus he's got Worldmind. And enough power to one-shot Current Drax, which no one else has been able to do so far.

id369

id369

Utrigita
I might recall wrong, but wasn't Nova's Psionic shield at one point defeated by the insect like creature that Nova battled on Taa II?

Enyalus
Nova psi-shields come with limitations. Remember, a group of X-Men that crashed Providence where nothing more then a diversion? The same group that had psi scramblers, Rachael Grey, and Emma Frost w/Cerebro for back up.
Ah, I remember that.

Been so long since I read the arc.

Originally posted by Utrigita
I might recall wrong, but wasn't Nova's Psionic shield at one point defeated by the insect like creature that Nova battled on Taa II?

I think that was more of a possession-type being, though. Different from psionic.

AlmightyKfish
He had to use a vast portion of his power to keep it in check. That's why he literally ran out of juice against Surfer.

Now, NP is no Surfer, but Surfer was also holding back in that fight, so...

Nova was at Full power when he fought Surfer.

He purged himself of the TO virus the issue before, and instantly became full power, and took on the mature technarch.

He just was getting stomped by Surfer b/c Surfer is swish.

Although, Surfer has owned both of these guys.

Although Cable did more damage he got one shotted in the end, Nova's fight never ended, as Surfer smashed him into the planet insanely quickly and they both got up and talked...

Enyalus
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Nova was at Full power when he fought Surfer.

I know.

I was referring to Cable's fight with Surfer. Where Surfer was holding back.

Sorry for the confusion.

AlmightyKfish
I know.

I was referring to Cable's fight with Surfer. Where Surfer was holding back.

Sorry for the confusion.

oooooh.

Sorry for calling you out embarrasment

Enyalus
oooooh.

Sorry for calling you out embarrasment

cool No problemo.

id369

Enyalus

id369

AlmightyKfish
I'd say Surfer was holding back, I mean he didn't really do much until Cable broke his board and stuff.

They were flying around and atomising/recreating everything, but to each other all they were doing was grabbing on.

And we all saw how easily Surfer dealt with Cable when he needed to.
If he truly wasn't holding back he'd have done that from orbit...

id369
If they where not doing much, then their was no point in repairing the damage they where causing.

AlmightyKfish
If they where not doing much, then their was no point in repairing the damage they where causing.

I meant to each other...

At least we never really saw them do anything except fly through stuff.

Nihilist
Cable.

id369
Here is an open question. Let me place a different perspective.

Do you honestly think that Cable was not exhausted, by the time Surfer put him down with eye blast?

Of that a simple eye blast would have put down a more refreshed Cable from the beginning?

id369

AlmightyKfish

id369
I want members to keep in mind, the eye blast scenario. It goes without saying, but Cable is entirely dependent on his vast psionic powers to shield himself. Otherwise he is as human as they come.

He shielded Providence from 247 missiles, and a nuclear explosion. I am inclined to believe that a simple eye laser can take down a healthy Cable.

Or better yet, take a look at this. It takes place well before, he rid himself of the T.O.

Cable v1 #66
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2830/cb66pg15.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9215/cb66pg16.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1598/cb66pg17.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8103/cb66pg18.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5329/cb66pg19.jpg

id369
I get that, but if he was going all out, he could have just dive bombed him from orbit at near light speed. Or anti X-gened him. etc.

My point was that Surfer wasn't going all out, not that he wasn't trying...

Was Surfer going all out? I agree that he was not. The ambient energies produced by Surfer would more then just incinerate the vicinity. The planet out right shattere. I coincide to that point.

But he was serious, as serious he could be with out risking innocent lives in a populated planet. After all, he did not just incapacitate him. He left him for dead.

AlmightyKfish
Was Surfer going all out? I agree that he was not. The ambient energies produced by Surfer would more then just incinerate the vicinity. The planet out right shattere. I coincide to that point.

But he was serious, as serious he could be with out risking innocent lives in a populated planet. After all, he did not just incapacitate him. He left him for dead.

I agree with that, he was serious to an extent, just not like in the Super Skrull fight serious ( the instance where he caved in Super Skrull's face and left him in space)

Naija boy
I agree with that, he was serious to an extent, just not like in the Super Skrull fight serious ( the instance where he caved in Super Skrull's face and left him in space)

Agreed. He was serious to a given extent as he certainly didnt take the fight to be a trivial matter. However it certainly wasnt an all out surfer who was out to annihilate his opponent or make them suffer ala the superskrull fight.

This is further evidenced by surfer telling cable, "You will live without your powers" which suggests that he had done something to them.( Note this is prior to deadpools lobotomy)Hence imo surfer certainly wnted to put a stop to cable but not to the point of killing him.

This is then confirmed by deadpool later on in the series

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferlobotomizedcablesbrainofmo-1.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferlobotomizedcablesbrainofmosto.jpg

As for this fight, Cable for the win. I remember novas psi shields being penetrated by some insectoid telepath who i highly doubt is on Cables level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.