Oblivion & Parallax vs. Thor & Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369

xJLxKing
Parallax kills them by himself

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Parallax kills them by himself
Bull. Both Final Night and SC Parallax didn't show enough power to be on Odin's level. Let alone RKT's.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Bull. Both Final Night and SC Parallax didn't show enough power to be on Odin's level. Let alone RKT's.
SC? How about GL: Rebirth? His host was a guardian. Imagine how much he can feed on Odin(from his fear). Odin has a lot of fear in him.

Enyalus
SC? How about GL: Rebirth? His host was a guardian. Imagine how much he can feed on Odin(from his fear). Odin has a lot of fear in him.
You realize that Hal was briefly able to hold off Guardian-Parallax solo?

Odin doesn't have much fear now that Ragnarok has been ended.

xJLxKing
You realize that Hal was briefly able to hold off Guardian-Parallax solo?

Odin doesn't have much fear now that Ragnarok has been ended. Isn't he like dying everyday? Also, we should be using feats, personality..etc from when he was alive. At that time, he had too much fear.I'll go reread rebirth quickly. I am pretty sure, he laughed off the attacks from the GL's. The only reason they were able to win is because they were picked because they can overcome fear.

Enyalus
Isn't he like dying everyday?
Wasn't Parallax beaten by Kyle and Hal?

Yup.

xJLxKing
Wasn't Parallax beaten by Kyle and Hal?

Yup.
What bull are you reading? You know Parallax, he is fear itself. How are GL's picked? One reason is that they can overcome their fear. That's what they did. I seriously doubt Odin would do the same. Second, the other reason was that they beat him is that they were able to absorb him.

In this scan...
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1071/10losing.th.jpg
They all lose/give up. Even though they are picked because they can overcome fear. Jordan is the only one standing. Heck, almost anyone who was taken over by Parallax needed help to get out. Jordan had Spectre, & Kyle had Jordan.

They only come back because Jordan is there to rally them.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9281/11fear.th.jpg

And finally, they only beat him because they trapped him in the GL battery. Something Odin, or RTK can't do.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8729/absorb.th.jpg

Endless Mike
Why are we arguing about Parallax? Oblivion is a freaking abstract

Utrigita
I agree with Endless Mike, what Parallax is going to do in this thread isn't important, what is important is if RKT and Odin stand any chance against Oblivion which they imo don't.

Team One for the win.

Survivor19
Really, what are they going to do with oblivion? Unless they somehow turn into him, they don't really have a chance.
So, Team 1.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Utrigita
I agree with Endless Mike, what Parallax is going to do in this thread isn't important, what is important is if RKT and Odin stand any chance against Oblivion which they imo don't.

Team One for the win.
I'm almost positive the OP meant Kyle's Oblivion, not Marvel's abstract Oblivion.

xJLx...The Kyle and Hal thing was a reference to SC.

Can't trap him in a lantern battery? True. Does that mean they couldn't trap him in something else? Hell no.

AlmightyKfish
Kyle's Oblivion right?

Otherwise this is insane overkill.

xJLxKing
I'm almost positive the OP meant Kyle's Oblivion, not Marvel's abstract Oblivion.

That would be better

yeah, they might be able to trap him somewhere else, but they don't have the power to take Parallax out of Odin, or RKT. Neither Thor, or Odin are truly able to escape fear. We have seen especially in Odin, that he has a huge amount of fear about his kingdom, his past, his people. Parallax would enter one of them and the other one has to kill the host to actually stop Parallax, then Parallax can take on a new host(RTK).

Remember even the greatest of Green Lanterns need help to get out rid of Parallax.

xJLxKing
Edit: Err double post.

Enyalus
yeah, they might be able to trap him somewhere else, but they don't have the power to take Parallax out of Odin, or RKT. Neither Thor, or Odin are truly able to escape fear. We have seen especially in Odin, that he has a huge amount of fear about his kingdom, his past, his people. Parallax would enter one of them and the other one has to kill the host to actually stop Parallax, then Parallax can take on a new host(RTK).
RKT was omniscient and wasn't afraid of anything, so I don't know where you're getting that from. Odin's far above any individual Guardian's power, and isn't a conduit for the Oan Power like the Guardian was, and what Parallax is used to, seeing as how he had been trapped in the Oan Central battery for billions of years.

Odinforce > Guardian's Oan Power.

Remember even the greatest of Green Lanterns need help to get out rid of Parallax.
Yes, of course. I must have forgotten that Hal, Kyle, and Ganthet are even remotely comparable to a peak skyfather and someone beyond that level of power...

xJLxKing
Odin has fear. Pharallax is fear. He will exploit it. Case closed.
I never read throught RKT arc. I just scanned through.

They can split a planet with a thought. evil face

Spectre is. Either way, I don't think it comes to power to escape bing a host. It comes down to your will to overcome fear. GL's are made to conquer fear and even they need help to overcome fear incarnated.

Enyalus
They can split a planet with a thought. evil face
So says narration, not feats. So can the Oldpower, apparently. Yet Surfer owned that easily. And both members of Team Two are well above him.

On panel in combat, highest display of power for a Guardian was unleashing the power of a dozen hurricanes....then needing to commit suicide when that didn't work.

Laughable.

Spectre is.

Spectre fought it off. And it was Hal's weakness which made it possible for Parallax to infect Spectre in the first place.

Either way, I don't think it comes to power to escape bing a host. It comes down to your will to overcome fear. GL's are made to conquer fear and even they need help to overcome fear incarnated.
Only Earth-based GLs can. The rest still suck at it for the most part.

xJLxKing
Just saying they shouldn't be unedrestimated.

It proved that whoever has fear, Parallax can exploit.

Sodam, Natu, Sinestro, that fat dude. There are a lot. The story just doesn't focus on them too much.

Also, was it stated that RTK was fearless?? Besides Parallax will put them fear in him(literally)

Enyalus
Sodam, Natu, Sinestro, that fat dude. There are a lot. The story just doesn't focus on them too much.
SC pretty much stated it when Parallax was forced back into the Earth GLs lanterns that Earth GLs were the best at overcoming their fears, hence being suited to carry Parallax in their lanterns.

Also, was it stated that RTK was fearless?? Besides Parallax will put them fear in him(literally)
Dude was omniscient. Killed and resurrected himself. Went to Those Who Sit Above In Shadow and flat out demanded they cut their shit. Went to Surtur's realm and treated him like some low-class peasant.

RKT showed zero fear in that arc. Even realized he had to let Sif die, and was okay with it.

xJLxKing
None of them carry the entire Parallax, right? They all have small part of it. When he comes out and takes on a host(even GL host), they have little chance of stopping him.

All knowing=/=fearless.

Besides, Parallax will put the fear in him.

Enyalus
Okay.

xJLxKing
so.....

Edit:wow!! I worded it bad!

Enyalus
So Team Two wins.

Easily.

xJLxKing
So Team Two wins.

Easily.
I still don't see how. Parallax takes Odin as his host. He can do the same with Thor.

Enyalus
Except IMO he can't. To either one.

xJLxKing
Except IMO he can't. To either one.
With Thor it's debate able. Since like you said, he had no fear(however, as long as there is emotion there is fear), but Odin that just crazy.

Odin most definitely has fear. He showed fear, he has fear. He will be conqueror. GL can overcome fear, yet they can't overcome fear itself. What makes you think Odin can do it.

Parallax was able to stop the toughest group of GL very quickly. Jordan was the only one who was able to resist it. Now imagine if they were to become a host. None of them would last.

If RTK manages to kill his father, he still can become a host. Look what he did to Kyle(when he was a host). He trapped him in his mind, and he couldn't do nothing. Kyle just stood there unable to do anything.

Naija boy
Team 2

Enyalus
Kyle overcame Parallax with Hal's help.

Hal's also overcome Parallax before. Telling me that Odin's willpower won't be sufficient to do the same is facepalm worthy.

xJLxKing
Kyle overcame Parallax with Hal's help.

Hal's also overcome Parallax before. Telling me that Odin's willpower won't be sufficient to do the same is facepalm worthy.
That's the point.
Hal had help from Spectre. Kyle had help from Hal. By themself, they couldn't do anything. That's how Parralax was fighting them.

Imo Hal, or Kyle will power to overcome fear>>Odin's

Enyalus
Imo Hal, or Kyle will power to overcome fear>>Odin's

Anyone wearing The Destroyer armor, without willpower enough, turns into a mindless destroyer. Even Tarene, who had enough power to rival Odin himself (stated by Thor) and was in charge of evolving humanity to their abstract levels, didn't have enough willpower and when trapped inside it was destroying everything even though she didn't want to.

Yet Odin controls it effortlessly...

xJLxKing
Anyone wearing The Destroyer armor, without willpower enough, turns into a mindless destroyer. Even Tarene, who had enough power to rival Odin himself (stated by Thor) and was in charge of evolving humanity to their abstract levels, didn't have enough willpower and when trapped inside it was destroying everything even though she didn't want to.

Yet Odin controls it effortlessly...
Not the same as overcoming fear. Not only that, but I don't think that's enough. GL rings will drain your will power. Look at green arrow. He gave his life willingly to become a mindless drone, yet he could barely release his will power. Yet, he is nothing to a regular Gl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.