Gamer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
See the trailer.

Set in the near-future, mind-control technology has taken society by storm and a multiplayer on-line game called "Slayers" allows humans control other humans in mass-scale. Simon (Lerman) controls Kable (Butler), the on-line champion of the game, and with his every move tracked by millions, his ultimate challenge becomes regaining his identity and independence by defeating the game's mastermind (Hall) through launching an attack on the system that has imprisoned him.

Gerard Butler as Kable, the highest-ranked warrior in the game "Slayers"
Logan Lerman as Simon, who controls Kable
Milo Ventimiglia as Rick Rape, described as "Moonraker, silver grill, with a latex outfit making him look like a bumblebee.
Aaron Yoo as Humanez Dude
Ludacris as Humanez Brother
Alison Lohman as Trace
Kyra Sedgwick as Gina Parker Smith
Michael C. Hall as Ken Castle
John Leguizamo as Freek
Johnny Whitworth as Scotch
Zoe Bell as Sandra
Amber Valletta as Angie

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
Set in the near-future, mind-control technology has taken society by storm and a multiplayer on-line game called "Slayers" allows humans control other humans in mass-scale. I would play that game.

jaden101
Looks like some bizarre hydrid of eXistenZ, The running man and escape from LA....Or a movie that Jason Statham passed up.

BruceSkywalker
interesting

been a fan of zoe bell so i may see this

Kazenji
czi7irIm73k

The story sorta sounds like Unreal Tournament, Quake 3

batmanfan136
looks like a good movie but idk

dadudemon
The "slayer" has to survive 30 rounds and then he's set free.

All the physical players are on death row.

Seems fun. I'll probably rate the movie a 6 or a 7.

That ACDC Chick
this looks and sounds ****in awesome awecool
Originally posted by Kazenji
czi7irIm73k

The story sorta sounds like Unreal Tournament, Quake 3
i wonder if theyd ever make an Unreal movie mmm

H. S. 6
Looks like an interesting concept. I'm a sucker for this kind of sci-fi, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Wolfie
This looks like a lot of fun. I'll definitely be seeing it.

MildPossession
eXistenZ is wonderful Jaden.

As for Gamer, it's one I will see but it reminded me of the Deathrace remake movie but video games instead. I'll probably rent the DVD.

Impediment
I'll be going to the theater later to see this. I figure that it will be a good popcorn flick, if not a great movie.

Robtard
Movie sucked, really, I don't have a single good thing to say about it. Save your money and rent this for a lazy weekend.

Impediment
I didn't get to go tonight, since I was detained with prior obligations.

Thanx for the heads up, Rob. I'll look further into it.

What didn't you like about it?

The Nuul
Thanks for the heads up mate.

KingD19
If it was action and a few laughs, then it delivers. The storyline is even decent if you're into that type of stuff. But I mostly liked it for the hilarity of some of the scenes, and the massive amounts of gore.

The Nuul
I just want to see some action and gore. I already knew the script sucked.

Discos
This movie has been on my mind for a while, ever since I read about it in some Movie Mag.

I have been eagerly waiting, but a littl ebit gutted that some people on this thread didnt like it. I aint actually sure when it is out in the UK (this week or next). So I will have to wait and see.

definatly got a Jasom Statham look to it, the plot sounds shit hot tho.
But it does have my wonderin whether it'll be a suckfest like "The Condemned" God no!

jinXed by JaNx
It took me a while to get into this movie. I knew that i was going into a movie that was exploiting a popular medium with a gimmick. Because of this i was expecting a more tongue in cheek movie. I was surprised to see how serious the movie was. I don't know if it is how the players control the people but the movie just came off as incredibly silly. I began to become interested in the dialogue between Butler and his controller. The action is also pretty decent. It's nothing special, but like the Deathrace remake it feels influenced by video games. I'm not trying to compare this to Deathrace. They are two different movies and Deathrace is far better but the action will have you thinking of certain video games. The flick definitely has some redeeming qualities but it took itself a bit to serious for my liking and FUUUUK I hate Ludacris. GOD DAMN!! I hate seeing that mans face in movies.

Discos
is Ludaris in the movie? that sucks.

middle of the month is the earliest I will get to see it.

so am confused Jinxed... u said it seemed serious dialogue but became silly?

The Nuul
Yeah, I cant stand Ludacris either in the movies.

-Pr-
watched this the other day. was pretty average, i thought. some nice fight scenes, but not much else...

Discos
still aint seen it, i think it just came out in the UK or definatly this week.
I go on vacation on saturday so I will try and see it before then

Discos
Garbage... utter garbage.

it was awesome when they were inside the Slayers game, but showing that society nonensense, I am shocked!

2/10

MildPossession
Are you American?! it's Holiday, not Vacation. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession
Are you American?! it's Holiday, not Vacation. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

lol

He's trying to be nice to us ignorant Yanks.

Robtard
Originally posted by Discos

Told you.

Discos
you sure did dude, cant believe some reviewers gave it some decent ratings.

and yeah i guess i was giving you americans the "vacation" term haha

jaden101
Looking back to the start of this thread. It never ceases to amaze me how people actually have high hopes for films like this. It was obviously going to be complete and utter shit.

Same with Surrogates...Same with Legion

I'll be astounded of either of those turn out to be good.

The Nuul
I am sick of seeing Luda.....

As for the movie.....I felt like it had a longer plot but was cut way too short and it was too rushed.

4/10

gabriellamberd
Hi..
I have gone through your post and the information which you share is just to good and a main part is that i have played that game...
Thanks for sharing the post..

Kazenji
Wow this movie must not have been good never was released here at the cinemeas in Australia its gone straight to DVD.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Discos

it was awesome when they were inside the Slayers game, but showing that society nonensense, I am shocked!

2/10

I did not expect this to be some amazing film but I did expect it to be a pretty fun popcorn flick and it even failed at that. Was really surprised at just how bad this movie was.

Rogue Jedi
Rented it, not bad. Loved Kable's escape, puke in the gas tank FTW.

xJLxKing
Garbage Movie. 2/10. Gerald makes it better then a 1/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.