Big Daddy vs. The Tank

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.primotechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/bioshock11.jpg

Vs.

http://www.shazbot.com.au/wp-content/uploads/l4d-tank.jpg

Who would win?

NemeBro
Big Daddies are actually pretty fvcking strong, in one of the older trailers one tossed Jack through a wall and he continued flying for hundreds of feet.

XanatosForever
Which Big Daddy are we using? I'm assuming the Bouncer, and if that's the case, I think the Tank will win more often than not.

NemeBro
How strong is a Tank?

KingD19
Flips cars with no effort, breaks through walls, typical brick stuff.

XanatosForever
Strong enough to toss cars aside with ease, and rip chunks of concrete from the ground. Ask Scream for the math on that, 'cause I'm way too lazy to do it myself. no expression

NemeBro
What is the math for tossing a fully grown man through a wall and hundreds of feet in one toss?

K1ll3r
Big Daddy easily, that big drill would kill a Tank with ease.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by NemeBro
What is the math for tossing a fully grown man through a wall and hundreds of feet in one toss?

What is the math for said man to survive such massive force and still be alive?

...No, seriously, I'm curious. SCREAM! GET IN HERE AND MATH STUFF FOR US!

Anyways, I don't think the Big Daddy's got enough strength to pierce very far into a Tank's body. Its hide is farkin' tough, nearly bulletproof. Now, before you get into the whole "survivors can drop it" thing, yes, there's a reason I said nearly bullet proof, and enough rounds from some of the firepower the Survivors wield would be able to eventually drop quite a few things.

Digression, meh. I think Daddy will only get one shot with the drill, then the Tank starts pounding.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by XanatosForever

Anyways, I don't think the Big Daddy's got enough strength to pierce very far into a Tank's body. Its hide is farkin' tough, nearly bulletproof. Now, before you get into the whole "survivors can drop it" thing, yes, there's a reason I said nearly bullet proof, and enough rounds from some of the firepower the Survivors wield would be able to eventually drop quite a few things.

Digression, meh. I think Daddy will only get one shot with the drill, then the Tank starts pounding.

He isn't nearly bullet proof, he can just take a LOT of bullets. That drill would drill straight through his face.

ScreamPaste
Alright, I'm here.

K, let's say Jack's 220 lbs.

100KG. How thick was the wall he was thrown through and what was it made of?

NemeBro
Originally posted by XanatosForever

Digression, meh. I think Daddy will only get one shot with the drill, then the Tank starts pounding. Well he was going(by memory) about five hundred feet in like two seconds, despite the wall, and I am going to assume that Jack weighs like 200 pounds, so he hit the wall with about 25 tons of force.

Jesus Jack is more durable than I thought.

Of course I am going by memory so I may be wrong about something.

ScreamPaste
Well he was going(by memory) about five hundred feet in like two seconds, despite the wall, and I am going to assume that Jack weighs like 200 pounds, so he hit the wall with about 25 tons of force.

Of course I am going by memory so I may be wrong about something. ..Math is my job, get off my rock, good sir.

NemeBro
Go fvck yourself, would you kindly?

ScreamPaste
It's no fun if I don't fight back.

K1ll3r
Well he was going(by memory) about five hundred feet in like two seconds, despite the wall, and I am going to assume that Jack weighs like 200 pounds, so he hit the wall with about 25 tons of force.

Of course I am going by memory so I may be wrong about something.

I may be wrong but:

90 kgs

76 metres a second.

=

6858 kilograms of force.

EDIT: Forgot to change feet to metres.

NemeBro
Velocity X Mass motherfvcker.

250 fps X 200 pounds.

50,000 pounds. 25 tons.

XanatosForever
Think you could scare us up that particular trailer to use as reference?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by K1ll3r
He isn't nearly bullet proof, he can just take a LOT of bullets. That drill would drill straight through his face.

One of the reasons being that a good portion of those bullets barely make a dent in him. stick out tongue

Maybe if Daddy went for the legs first. Man, it'd be nice if you could shoot out a Tank's legs or something in L4D.

K1ll3r
Velocity X Mass motherfvcker.

250 fps X 200 pounds.

50,000 pounds. 25 tons.

250 feet = 76.2 meters per second.
200 pounds = 90.7 kilograms.

The equation for force is
force = mass x acceleration or f = ma

The standard unit for mass is kg.
The standard unit for acceleration is m/s2.
The standard unit for force is newton (N). A newton is a derived standard unit. This means that the SI unit of newton is composed of two or more standard units. 1N = 1 kg x 1m/s2.

force = (90.7kg) x (76.2m/s^2) = 6911.3N

KingD19
I don't think the Big Daddy's strength is equal with the Tanks, but I think he does have enough strength to drive that drill home. And I think the Rosie's rivet gun could also do some damage.

XanatosForever
If it was Rosie, I wouldn't be arguing for the Tank whatsoever. Those rivets are heavy, and they come out fast and hard. The Tank would be dropped, and that's not even mentioning the proximity mines. Elite Daddies could probably handle a Tank, I think.

KingD19
In coolness though, Big Daddy takes it, but in truth, I don't know who I would be more scared to see running up to me. A 6-7 foot tall Scooby Doo villain, or a giant zombie on roids. In reality, they both would make me crap myself. Especially since I know how fast they are.

XanatosForever
They're both pretty phunkin' fast, especially Bouncer Daddies. They have rush attack that covers at least twenty feet in a few seconds.

KingD19
I know, that rush attack has killed me more times than I can count. What I wouldn't give for that teleportation power on Bioshock.

NemeBro
Yeah but nothing fvcks you up like an Elite Rosie on hard. Those bastards are overkill.

KingD19
Don't get me started on those, the proximity mine trick doesn't even work right on them, and I usually get killed before I can implement it anyway.

XanatosForever
<3 Bioshock. I'm seriously looking forward to number 2, even though I don't have a platform to play it on! >.<

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
A 6-7 foot tall Scooby Doo villain

Way to disrespect the Big Daddy.

KingD19
Tell me that the Rosie doesn't look like that underwater diver monster from Scooby Doo. The Bouncer looks like the same thing, except on steroids.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
Tell me that the Rosie doesn't look like that underwater diver monster from Scooby Doo. The Bouncer looks like the same thing, except on steroids.

It looks a little similar but I'm not gonna completely agree with you since Scooby Doo was (and still is) a lame cartoon show.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It looks a little similar but I'm not gonna completely agree with you since Scooby Doo was (and still is) a lame cartoon show.

Man must've been a sad childhood.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Man must've been a sad childhood.

Dude, Shaggy and Scooby are idiots. Put them in a 5th grade math test and they'll get a C-. But seriously, my childhood was fine and I had better shows to watch than Scooby Doo. Let's stop with the Scooby Doo nonsense because this is getting off topic.

NemeBro
Scooby Doo was (and still is) a lame cartoon show. http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/Nautius/elrond.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Dude, Shaggy and Scooby are idiots. Put them in a 5th grade math test and they'll get a C-. But seriously, my childhood was fine and I had better shows to watch than Scooby Doo. Let's stop with the Scooby Doo nonsense because this is getting off topic.

Put em in a track and field event and they'll pass it with flying colors. Are you Red Herring?

Tank wins because he is from a game I played and stuff I suppose.

Nemesis X
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/Nautius/elrond.jpg

rolling on floor laughing

Neo Darkhalen
Big Daddy's would crush the tank, and I do mean crush.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Big Daddy's would crush the tank, and I do mean crush.

I really wouldn't know since I never played Bioshock, just never got around to it yet. I do plan on it though. While you're here when are you me Prime and RR playing L4D? I don't recall us ever getting together as planned.

Neo Darkhalen
I really wouldn't know since I never played Bioshock, just never got around to it yet. I do plan on it though. While you're here when are you me Prime and RR playing L4D? I don't recall us ever getting together as planned.

I have the PC version now, also i'm never on xbox....personally after playing the pc version it's hard to play the console one....but meh we'll have to have a go sometime.

Also get Bioshock game is fantastic.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, I'll still play it on XBox sometime though. Just haven't been on Live as much lately due to some life/relationship issues, which have gotten even worse recently (like real recently), so I kinda haven't been the same.. =(

*sigh*
At any rate, yeah. I suppose the Big Daddy would win, even if he looks like some crappy Scooby Doo villain. hanone

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, I'll still play it on XBox sometime though. Just haven't been on Live as much lately due to some life/relationship issues, which have gotten even worse recently (like real recently), so I kinda haven't been the same.. =(

*sigh*
At any rate, yeah. I suppose the Big Daddy would win, even if he looks like some crappy Scooby Doo villain. hanone

I understand dude.

Wasn't he the first villain?

NemeBro
I understand dude.

Wasn't he the first villain? I am pretty sure that friggin guy with a blanket over him takes that title.

Nemesis X
revived

XanatosForever
Why? no expression

Q'Anilia
It is an unwritten rule that you should be constructive when you bump old threads.

Ridley_Prime
The Johnny Bravo Tank wins.

BSSXDKWo9sY

But seriously, yeah. Why was this bumped again?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Johnny Bravo Tank wins.

BSSXDKWo9sY

But seriously, yeah. Why was this bumped again?

That was Epic. I want that skin.

The only reason I can think of is if the Tank has some new feats as of L4D2, but I haven't heard anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.