Mario vs Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
Fist Fight. Chief gets his suit.

ScreamPaste
Mario knocks his block off and teabags him in a display of irony so epic Chuck Norris' beard catches fire.

Ridley_Prime
no expression

haermm

NemeBro
Master Chief wins.

Mario could barely lift King Bob Omb and gets crushed by Thwomps.

ScreamPaste
Gameplay vs cutscene.

NemeBro
Cutscene?

Sir, if you wanna get all technical that castle was only five times the size of Mario.

MooCowofJustice
Should I grant them each some additional equipment? :O

Nemesis X
Master Chief.

Dude can move a 60 ton Scorpion tank with ease. Mario's fists won't do **** on his armor since the armor is strong enough to not have a dent when falling through earth's orbit and crash landing.

If we talked weapons here, this would happen:

*Master Chief pulls out the Halo 1 pistol and fires it at Mario*

Mario - Mamma Mia!

*Mario's brains splatter all over the place and Princess Peach prepares his funeral*

Master Chief - Guess I should've asked him to unclog my toilet before killing him. Oh well, I'll get Arbiter to do that.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Master Chief.

Dude can move a 60 ton Scorpion tank with ease. Mario's fists won't do **** on his armor since the armor is strong enough to not have a dent when falling through earth's orbit and crash landing.

If we talked weapons here, this would happen:

*Master Chief pulls out the Halo 1 pistol and fires it at Mario*

Mario - Mamma Mia!

*Mario's brains splatter all over the place and Princess Peach prepares his funeral*

Master Chief - Guess I should've asked him to unclog my toilet before killing him. Oh well, I'll get Arbiter to do that.

Mario's stronger than MC, a lot stronger. He can lift a *castle* over his head. He could probably rip MC's arms off, suit or not.

MooCowofJustice
Mario has an incredible amount of power ups. You all are too limited in your concept of Mario.

K1ll3r
Mario wouldn't be able to hit Master Chief, where as the Chief would be able to continually hit Mario.

MooCowofJustice
I'm curious. Why can't Mario hit Chief?

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario's stronger than MC, a lot stronger. He can lift a *castle* over his head. He could probably rip MC's arms off, suit or not. A castle that was only like 5 times taller than Mario. smile

K1ll3r
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

What speed feats does Marios have, because Master Chief is a super-soldier, with incredible reflexes.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

John is able to dodge bullets with utter ease. I'd love to see Mario hit him. Really.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
John is able to dodge bullets with utter ease. No he can't.

He was able to dodge one bullet, and even he was surprised he was able to do it. His reaction-time is 20 milliseconds, which is not enough to be able to dodge bullets easily.

MooCowofJustice
Well, this is getting to be a weird position for me since I actually started the thread. I'm also not sure how far with Mario's games I can go without making this thread unfair to Chief.

People in Mario's world are gods of gravity and Mario is the Jesus of jumping. The reason Mario got hurt by Thwomps was because the rocks on them are sharp and Mario isn't incredibly durable. But later on in Super Mario World, he can jump across those same sharp rocks by spinning in his jump.

By making this a fist fight, I think I might have made it a little unfair. Chief is a soldier, his specialty is weapons. Mario's specialty happens to be jumping which isn't restricted by a fist fight.

ScreamPaste
Moo, it's your thread, does the castle feat stand? :P

K1ll3r
Even so, Mario has next to 0 fighting experience, against chief who has been trained from a young child to fight, even in hand to hand, he could use Marios strength against him, anticipate and dodge incoming attacks.

MooCowofJustice
If that castle feat was in SMW, then yeah. I just used SMW myself.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by NemeBro
No he can't.

He was able to dodge one bullet, and even he was surprised he was able to do it. His reaction-time is 20 milliseconds, which is not enough to be able to dodge bullets easily.

if he sees them in slow-motion and can deflect aa missiles dodging multiple bullets isnt out of the question. he was surprised because that was his first time in the new suit with cortana in his head, and it was not just one bullet he was surrounded by marines who all tried to kill him at once.

NemeBro
Originally posted by WO Polaski
if he sees them in slow-motion and can deflect aa missiles dodging multiple bullets isnt out of the question. he was surprised because that was his first time in the new suit with cortana in his head, and it was not just one bullet he was surrounded by marines who all tried to kill him at once. Seeing and dodging are different things.

Missiles are not as fast as bullets, and are much larger and easier to track.

Proof? What I saw was him dodging ONE bullet, not a group of them.

LLLLLink
Mario uses metal suit. Chief dies.

SuperLuigi
chief does need to dodge bullets they fall off his suit. take the suit off so mario has a chance.

Shaggs
Master Chief wins with height alone.

fascistcrusader
How is this a thread.......? You might as well ask who wins a fight between Michael Moore and a genetically enhanced Ivan Drago.

WO Polaski
Seeing and dodging are different things.

if they move that slow to him then why do you think he'd be unable to dodge them? what makes you think that?

this is untrue. missiles fired from jets are designed to hit other jets meaning they have to not only speed up to hit a jet moving at mach 2 or more they also have to travel the distance of thousands of feet in order to catch up to them at all which means they move many times faster then a jet does. thats faster then most bullets. where do you get this information that missiles move slower then bullets because theyre bigger?

so you think the group surrounded him and they all stood there except for one? i dont even need the book to point out that that doesn't make any sense, considering theyre all trained soldiers and ordered to kill.

NemeBro
if they move that slow to him then why do you think he'd be unable to dodge them? what makes you think that?

this is untrue. missiles fired from jets are designed to hit other jets meaning they have to not only speed up to hit a jet moving at mach 2 or more they also have to travel the distance of thousands of feet in order to catch up to them at all which means they move many times faster then a jet does. thats faster then most bullets. where do you get this information that missiles move slower then bullets because theyre bigger?

so you think the group surrounded him and they all stood there except for one? i dont even need the book to point out that that doesn't make any sense, considering theyre all trained soldiers and ordered to kill. 1. He sees them that slow, Master Chief has also been stated to have a reaction-time of 20 milliseconds, which is by no means much faster than bullets.

2. It was a jet missile?

3. It said he dodged A bullet, not hundreds of bullets, not three, but one.

WO Polaski
http://www.time.com/time/daily/iraq/weapons/missiles/sidewinder.html

thats the statistic of the sidewinder missile which is one our most oldest and common missiles to date. it moves at supersonic speeds. considering the covenant/human war started 500 years in the future and the weapons are designed to attack space ships and repulsor-craft vehicles what are the chances that the missiles fired from that jet aren't moving at a similar speed?

WO Polaski
1. He sees them that slow, Master Chief has also been stated to have a reaction-time of 20 milliseconds, which is by no means much faster than bullets.

Where was this stated?

yes it was a jet missile lol. what did you think it was fired from an rpg?

ill check when i find my book.

NemeBro
yes it was a jet missile lol. what did you think it was fired from an rpg? Yes. no expression

WO Polaski
oh. no expression

well... it was a from a jet fighter lol. before the missile he was shooting at the chief with 50. cal bullets

he avoided those too 131

dont think he actually dodged them though.

NemeBro
Shut up! I hate you! sad

occultdestroyer
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/13/MARIOISACOMMUNIST.png

BEHOLD MY FIST OF FURY!

^
Cheesy Italian faget FTLose

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
How is this a thread.......? You might as well ask who wins a fight between Michael Moore and a genetically enhanced Ivan Drago.

GTFO.

Same to occultdestroyer.

devling
really i mean come on its mario he would die like this

master cheif:POW!
mario: 2 lives left
master cheif: POW!
mario :1 life left
master cheif:POW!
game over

MooCowofJustice
Ok, look guys. It's one thing to participate in the debate and another entirely to sit there and try to show everyone how funny you are by mocking Mario.

ScreamPaste
Especially when by feats Mario is far, far, stronger than MC. -.- It's MC's suit that makes this thread worthwhile.

WO Polaski
Like getting killed by mushrooms and getting hurt by lava?

ScreamPaste
Like lifting castles, jumping ten times his own height, throwing massive Kappas, shooting fireballs, flying through space, ect?

WO Polaski
cant jump ten times his own height by himself 99% of the time.

castles are only a few times his own weight.

throwing big koopas < flipping tanks

fireballs which dont move even a quarter as fast as bullets do, something the Chief sees in slow motions.

cant fly through space unaided.

also intresting to note that not one of these have to do with mario even managing to hit someone who has bullet reflexes and can run kilometer in seconds with a sprained ankle.

ScreamPaste
The castle was that size on the overworld map, but the overworld map shows Mario far larger in relation to the land aroudn him than he actually is, as shown whenever you move over a castle and enter it. Flipping a tank? Lol, Mario could stack them like pancakes.

WO Polaski
stack them like pancakes?

lol. Mario cant even toss Bowser more then like thirty or fourty feet. he can barely lift a single tank. He can't, much less an entire castle. his feats contradict themselves too much.

ScreamPaste
Talk to Nintendo. And recently Mario sent a massive Bowser spinning around entire planets just by spinning in a circle. Mario's no slouch.

Tanks are hollow, if I remember right the book put the tank at 60 tons? And MC didn't lift it over his head, he flipped it. How much do you think a castle weighs? Mario lifted one over his head.

WO Polaski
around planets? as in in space where there's no weight? lol.

tanks are hollow... wtf. Have you seen the Scorpion?

and as noted already Mario used to lift castles, small ones, and now he can barely toss Bowser. so your point is still wrong.

ScreamPaste
I'm just sayin', the last time I checked Scorpions weigh 60 tons.

And small castles? Like I said, overland map scaling =/= actual size. Those castles contain entire levels. And No, there was gravity, otherwise it'd be hard to stand on the damn things without floating off, but you're actually right, gravity would be weak on a planet that size. o-O

Anyway, the OP stated already that SMW counts for this, which means the castle counts, and Mario might be inconsistant but according to Nintendo he IS strong enough to lift a castle, so, hey. Sucks they don't care about vs threads, right?

WO Polaski
And like I said that feat is outdated, regardless of what the thread starter says canon is canon and canon changes over time. Using the feats from the old games and ignoring the feats from the new ones are against the rules. Otherwise I'll just take note of the fact that even if he can lift castles he move slow as hell in the old games and can be killed by walking into a mushroom, thus the Chief will just kill him by speed blitzing him before he can throw a single punch. I could do that going by what happens in SMW.

As for Nintendo, unless they have stated specifically that he can lift tanks, all we have are feats which can be interpreted differently.

So feel free to give me the link in which Nintendo says he's strong enough to lift castles.

ScreamPaste
So you're implying that a video game character can't do something that they did in their video game? no expression How can you interpret lifting a castle other than lifting a castle? I mean, someone thick might not realise what the pixels represent... But No one on here's thick, right?

And no, different versions of many characters exist in vs threads. God Kratos/Normal Kratos, being a good example. For purposes of this debate, it looks like Moo's using 16bit Mario.

WO Polaski
No, I'm stating that a video game character's feats are drawn from their most recent showings when there's a contradiction.

If the Chief can leap 10 feet in the air and is unable to lift a tank Halo 1, and Halo 2 has just come out and in that he can jump 5 feet but he is strong enough to lift a tank, then the standard is that the Chief can lift a tank and can only jump 5 feet, because Halo 2 is newer. If when Halo 3 comes out he's shown to be able to leaf ten feet again but he is no longer able to lift a tank again, then we assume that he can only jump 10 feet and isn't strong enough to lift tanks, because Halo 3 is the newest and thus most reliable form of canon. That's how it works.

Okay.

One of WMV's feats is that he dies by running into Goomba's and doesn't move very fast, pretty much average running speed.

Thus the Chief uses his superior speed to kill Mario in one shot.

That's what happens when you use purely 16bit Mario feats. Happy now? Or do you want to have your cake and eat it, with Mario having the strength feats from 16bit Mario but the durability from 64 and Galaxy? I wouldn't be surprised if you do.

ScreamPaste
Ah, but you seem to assume I didn't come into this duel of wit with my guns loaded?

Lifting a castle is a form of durability feat. :] Imagine the pressure he was under.

16bit ftw.

WO Polaski
which is undermined by the fact that he still dies by running into koopas and getting hit by birds.

you're firing blanks.

ScreamPaste
I'd like to point out that a Goomba won the Goomba vs Kratos thread thanks to it's instant kill properties. It was a joke thread, but still.

And MC's suit's durability is undermined by gunfire hurting him.

Gameplay in early Mario games gives no real thought to consistency, and largely resembles a very bad drug trip. They're just really crazy platformers, the gameplay itself makes use of little to no logic, however, we do have a cutscene in which he lifts a castle. Cutscenes>Gameplay.

P.S. They're not blanks, I'm pretty sure I just got your mind pregnant.

WO Polaski
Bungie has stated officially, in the novels which are canon, that his suit is impervious to ballistic weapons fire.

moving on...

him dying in that way where he jumps into the air then falls through the level is also a cutscene, going by 16bit standards. so that doesnt change anything.

im pretty sure youre wrong.

ScreamPaste
You missed the point, gameplay undermining cutscenes means squat. Thanks for helping me prove it in the case of Halo. It also applies to Mario. Lifting a castle? The PSI applied over the entirety of his body would be beyond retarded. o_O Mario's both durable and strong. :]

Edit; Are you aborting my intellectual child? :[

WO Polaski
except the gameplay isnt undermining any "cinematic" in this case. and prove the castle thing is a cinematic but marios death when running into animals isnt. they both look the same. there is no transition between cutscene and gameplay.

ScreamPaste
One's an animation that occurs as a result of gameplay, the other takes place between gameplay sections as an interlude and cutscene.

Sort of like how MC has a death animation in Halo... See the difference?

Sorry, but both franchises have the same rules applied to them. No double standards.

WO Polaski
just because it takes place between two segments of a level doesnt mean its a cutscene. In Half-Life there are no cutscenes but there are still pauses between levels in which story progresses.

try again.

ScreamPaste
Try again? You're arguing semantics. Trying to convince me a death animation is a cutscene? Every video game character has a cutscene. EDIT; Every videogame character has a death animation**

If the story's progressing it's canon. :] EDIT; And Halflife isn't Mario.

Try again.

WO Polaski
Try again? You're arguing semantics. Trying to convince me a death animation is a cutscene?

At least I'm arguing logically. You're grasping for straws.

Not true.

You're contradicting yourself so much now it's becoming funny.

ScreamPaste
That's supposed to say every video game character has a death anaimation, typoes ftw.

And I am arguing logicly, I conceded that gravity on small planets is weaker.

HOWEVER; Moo stated earlier he's using SMW Mario. SMW Mario lifted a castle, that's not a straw I'm grasping at. Castles are heavy, this makes him strong and durable, not hard to understand.

I highlighted that gameplay undermining cutscenes means squat, and you helped prove my point.

What straws am I grasping at?

16 bit Mario vs MC. Not a hard debate to have, and it seems like you're trying to nitpick Mario's abilities based on your dislike for the franchise or something, tbh.

Oh, and try again.

WO Polaski
so you havent actually said anything constructive in this post. ill do my best to address what needs to be addressed.

That's supposed to say every video game character has a death anaimation, typoes ftw.

Which hardly matters.

Moo has also used feats from Mario 64 and others. Moo, with all due respect, is contradicting himself as well.

As for the castle, that's been addressed already.

proved your point? not really. youve yet to prove that the castle scene is a cutscene at all, any more a cutscene then him dying is.

keep going.

ScreamPaste
If I'm grasping at straws you're grazing merrily on them.

Death animation a cutscene? Lol.

This really is more fun when you fight back, you know.

Uriel005
... I can't believe this thread lasted this long. Mario cannot dodge bullets. He has no gun and even if he did he would have to get past MC's shields and then the armor. Fireball I'll give = strength to a pistol. Good luck getting through armor that survived the heat of atmospheric reentry.Master Chief whips out assault rifle/sniper rifle/battle rifle/pistol/rocket launcher/ spartan laser/ plasma pistol etc. etc. etc. Mario try throwing a castle with a bunch of holes in your chest, Yes you are awesome but it's just an unfair comparison.

WO Polaski
If I'm grasping at straws you're grazing merrily on them.

Death animation a cutscene? Lol.

This really is more fun when you fight back, you know.

nothing more to add? no defense no counters?

i accept your concession.

NemeBro
I love you Lyssa.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Uriel005
... I can't believe this thread lasted this long. Mario cannot dodge bullets. He has no gun and even if he did he would have to get past MC's shields and then the armor. Fireball I'll give = strength to a pistol. Good luck getting through armor that survived the heat of atmospheric reentry.Master Chief whips out assault rifle/sniper rifle/battle rifle/pistol/rocket launcher/ spartan laser/ plasma pistol etc. etc. etc. Mario try throwing a castle with a bunch of holes in your chest, Yes you are awesome but it's just an unfair comparison.

It's a fist fight. no expression

@Polaski, you can't seriously be trolling so hard as to suggest I should concede that a death animation is a cut scene? Like I said, it's more fun when you fight back, it's liek I don't even have someone to argue with when you make claims like that.

@Nemebro; Cheating on me, again, I see.

MooCowofJustice
People assume MC can hit Mario. What part of "Jesus of jumping" do you not understand? Gravity is Mario's *****. He hits the ground when he wants to hit the ground.

leonheartmm
physics dont apply to mario

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.