Rulk vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
This is dedicated to all who made fun of Thor when he lost to Loeb's creation in Hulk #5. Well the current issue Surfer got himself Suffocated to death!

Bentley
Thor did not lose, he got a minute later and kicked the crap out of Rulk. uhuh

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor did not lose, he got a minute later and kicked the crap out of Rulk. uhuh

Current Rulk would just absorb his lightning biscuits

Endless Mike
Experienced and healthy Surfer would win

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Experienced and healthy Surfer would win

Yes, he SHOULD win. But if Loeb wrote the issue, that would never happen... lol

guy222
Rulk wins

wannabe
Rulk can take on Uatu the Watcher, Rulk can take on Thor Lord of Asgard, OFCOURSE he will smash the stronges Herold of Galatus. sick

Warlord
Did anyone actually cotice that Rulk killed the Grandmaster with 2 punches?
Damn Loeb tries to create a Superboy Prime type character

The Scribe
Originally posted by joesha28
This is dedicated to all who made fun of Thor when he lost to Loeb's creation in Hulk #5. Well the current issue Surfer got himself Suffocated to death!

What... confused

Red Hulk is like Goldberg...they are pushing him too fast and trying to build a name for him by having him beat characters he shouldn't be facing yet.

Unless Red Hulk is supposed to be the Doomsday for Marvel.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Scribe
What... confused

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1403/hulk12008.th.jpg http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4524/hulk12009.th.jpg http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5488/hulk12010.th.jpg http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6946/hulk1201112.th.jpg

You don't want to know what happened after that, trust me.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1403/hulk12008.th.jpg http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4524/hulk12009.th.jpg http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5488/hulk12010.th.jpg http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6946/hulk1201112.th.jpg

i'm gonna cry openly now... cry

D_Dude1210
Again, I hate Loeb...

I mean, yeah Surfer is just gonna stand there and let someone choke him. And he's reformed himself from pcs and yet he dies when someone snaps his neck.

So much retardation in Loebwriting that I'm no longer reading comics til Loeb moves to DC.

StiltmanFTW
Rulk stole his power, that is why Surfer couldn't recover... I guess

Endless Mike
Well to be fair, that was Surfer from right after he first got his powers, and he was weakened from fighting Terrax and telepathic attacks from Psycho-man

StiltmanFTW
It's a pity that Grandmaster doesn't have any excuses shocklaugh

Endless Mike
I know, that was just unforgivable.

Bentley
It's a pity that Grandmaster doesn't have any excuses shocklaugh

Well, Galactus was going to kick his ass, he was going to die anyways so maybe he left himself be beaten to death to escape a greater surplice.

ermmdance

complexbrother
I .... HAVE .... NO .... WORDS

Harbinger
Good God, that's horrible.

Kinkin
So bad...

Xplosive
Oh, Rulk is insane. He is powerful. Far more powerful than WWH, he is insane. He trounced Silver Surfer with hand and became even more powerful with absorbing. Killed Terrax. And what he did to Grandmaster, puf. It seems, it was no luck he crushed Uatu and Thor, easily. Thor and Hulk had luck second time, because Rulk overheated and already had many battles prior that.
Good, he was at least stopped by Galactus.

illadelph12
Eh. Experienced Surfer just rewrites Rulk's DNA and removes his powers. Game, Set, Match. This isn't a plot driven battle.

StiltmanFTW
Surfer can't remove Loebforce smile

Bentley
Loeb cannot remove our brains ermm

StiltmanFTW
Wait till the next issue... Rulk will break the 4th wall... sick

Xplosive
I see majority are complaining Rulk being so powerful, but I actually like it. I like him being such a maniac. No orders from anyone, like nothing can stop him. Not even afraid of Galactus. I hope him going after Thanos and crushing him.

StiltmanFTW
I thought Thanos was dead.

bbrem123
haha he is

D_Dude1210
With Loebforce, Thanos prolly gets ripped from a past timeline in order to get ownd by Rulk. That's just how retarded it cud get.

Xplosive
Ah, shame. Thanos was killed by Drax.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Xplosive
Oh, Rulk is insane. He is powerful. Far more powerful than WWH, he is insane. He trounced Silver Surfer with hand and became even more powerful with absorbing. Killed Terrax. And what he did to Grandmaster, puf. It seems, it was no luck he crushed Uatu and Thor, easily. Thor and Hulk had luck second time, because Rulk overheated and already had many battles prior that.
Good, he was at least stopped by Galactus.

You do realize that he beat a featless inexperienced Surfer right?

What's stopping Surfer from either overloading him with Gamma energy or draining him of his energy? Whats stopping him from overheating him?

carver9
I see majority are complaining Rulk being so powerful, but I actually like it. I like him being such a maniac. No orders from anyone, like nothing can stop him. Not even afraid of Galactus. I hope him going after Thanos and crushing him.

I like it to and I dont see anything wrong with what he did to surfer, it can happen. He absorbed surfers powers which I'm guessing weakened his durability and then finished him off.

Rulk has ran through almost everyone that he has fought with relative ease so its kind of safe to say that with all the one shotting that he's doing he's on a strength level matched by none, even gods. Then the thing about it is he has fought hulk on numerous of occasions along with h-bomb, theres no telling how much gamma radiation he has absorbed.

Then he took a none holding back thor hammer to the face and didnt even FLINCH, if that did drop him, what in the hell would surfer do. Cant say rewrite his dna because every physical approach that has been made on rulk did NOTHING to him.

Another thing, why wouldnt he be able to grab surfer since its kind of plain and clear that he possess super speed. Why wouldnt he be able to choke surfer out since, well, he outfought odin force thor and destroyed a hulk that was growing in power with ease.

When he falls its either going to take a powerful team to do it OR galactus feeding on all the energy that he absorbed.

I like the writing and I dont see any plot about it; rulk is just in a league of his own. You all dont complain when fury or destroyer physically take out gods with there brute strength, I think its just a hulk hate thing even though hulk has proven on so many of occasions that he can handle heralds.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

Yes I know, but still, what he did to him was awesome. He crushed him along with Terrax. One hand. Then killed Grandmaster. That is some serious power.

What's stopping Surfer from either overloading him with Gamma energy or draining him of his energy? Whats stopping him from overheating him?

Maybe Rulk will get rid of this weakness. And trying overload him with Gammma would make him even more powerful.

carver9

Because he didnt get overloaded from the energy that he stole from surfer so I'm pretty sure that surfer wouldnt be able to over load someone that basically stole his power like it was nothing.

From the way that its looking it seems like he has control over the overheating situation.

Bentley
Rulk got pinned down by the lady liberators!

... Anyhow, I just hope Rulk gets to crush Juggernaut, physically punking him just to stop the rumors of his invulnerability. I trust Loeb wouldn't care g_grin

The Nuul
See thats BS if SS got Suffocated to death! He doesnt need air to breath.

Fck Loeb and his shit.

Xplosive
Originally posted by illadelph12
Eh. Experienced Surfer just rewrites Rulk's DNA

I don't think that would work on Rulk. I don't know why he overheated, but it seems it also got to do with his emotions.

Badabing
I was gonna close this thread...just because. But I think the "feats" of Rulk from Hulk #12 need to be vented. The last thing I want is to hear about one of you on CNN or Fox because Loeb was brutally beaten. I also fear that KMC will implode due to anger regarding Rulk. durredhulk

redhulk

D_Dude1210
I don't want Loeb to get beat up. I want him to move to DC. big grin

carver9
Rulk is a beast and theres nothing wrong with what he did, seems like it can happen with his level of strength and insane durability.

Rulk>Fury>Destroyer.

carver9
I don't think that would work on Rulk. I don't know why he overheated, but it seems it also got to do with his emotions.

I agree

The Nuul
Rulk only sucks because of Loeb.

carver9
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

He's doing a good job where hes at.

The Nuul

HEY!, dont go there. Loeb should go to Dino comics instead.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/t433752.html

Xplosive
Rulk crushed Silver Surfer, that is what matters. I don't see Silver Surfer stopping Rulk. I can't see him beating to hurt him enough to put him down, can't overload him with Gamma, except if he wanted to make him more powerful and about overheating, I don't know, but he didn't have that trouble now. Silver Surfer can win temporally by BFR, otherwise Rulk crushes him.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by carver9
He's doing a good job where hes at.

To each his own I guess. O_O

Wei Phoenix
Yes I know, but still, what he did to him was awesome. He crushed him along with Terrax. One hand. Then killed Grandmaster. That is some serious power.

Maybe Rulk will get rid of this weakness. And trying overload him with Gammma would make him even more powerful.

Beating two people that were already fighting and one of them just received their powers?

How would Rulk get rid of a weakness? He can't, please don't be a fanboy.

Because he didnt get overloaded from the energy that he stole from surfer so I'm pretty sure that surfer wouldnt be able to over load someone that basically stole his power like it was nothing.

From the way that its looking it seems like he has control over the overheating situation.

Once again of course that Surfer didn't do anything, it was a featless inexperienced Surfer. I have no doubt current Surfer could overload him or drain him.

Rulk got pinned down by the lady liberators!

... Anyhow, I just hope Rulk gets to crush Juggernaut, physically punking him just to stop the rumors of his invulnerability. I trust Loeb wouldn't care g_grin

Cain has taken way more damage than Rulk can dish out. Nothing but bad writing would give Rulk a win over Cain.

So Rulk is immune to transmutation and DNA reconstruction now? Whats so different from him?

Xplosive
And if someone tells I am crazy about thinking Rulk can defeat SS. Well look at what Rulk was doing, bang bang.

Wei Phoenix
Rulk crushed Silver Surfer, that is what matters. I don't see Silver Surfer stopping Rulk. I can't see him beating to hurt him enough to put him down, can't overload him with Gamma, except if he wanted to make him more powerful and about overheating, I don't know, but he didn't have that trouble now. Silver Surfer can win temporally by BFR, otherwise Rulk crushes him.

So do you simply choose to ignore the fact that he beat a featless inexperienced Surfer or what? Do you really think he would beat Current Surfer?

The Nuul
No, any Hulk are no match for SS with proper writing.

Loeb shit force is the only thing that makes him so "powerful"

But once again SS fighting Hulk will loose because of bad writing and jobbing.

Bentley
Cain has taken way more damage than Rulk can dish out. Nothing but bad writing would give Rulk a win over Cain.

They all say that until Rulk stomp them. wink

D_Dude1210
Again, Loeb needs to go to DC. wink

The Nuul
Again, Loeb needs to go to Dino comics.. wink

Xplosive

You do realize that you are acting like a true fanboy, because it's so hard for you to accept to think that Rulk could beat Silver Surfer. And Rulk did take Silver Surfer power and I didn't see any overload on Rulk part, except that he became more powerful.

Once again of course that Surfer didn't do anything, it was a featless inexperienced Surfer. I have no doubt current Surfer could overload him or drain him.

What SS would achieve with try to overload Rulk, would only make Rulk more powerful. I didn't see anything to support otherwise, since Rulk took SS cosmic power extremely easily and made himself more powerful. What is scary that he probably has more room within to become even more powerful.

So Rulk is immune to transmutation and DNA reconstruction now? Whats so different from him?

Rulk has shown tremendous, enormous physical attributes and I think Silver Surfer wouldn't do shit with trying DNA reconstruction or transmutation on Rulk.

So do you simply choose to ignore the fact that he beat a featless inexperienced Surfer or what? Do you really think he would beat Current Surfer?

I am not ignoring it, but that did happen. And how things are going, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he would beat even the current Silver Surfer. Would you be?

carver9
Beating two people that were already fighting and one of them just received their powers?

What weakness does rulk have? confused I wasnt aware that he had a weakness, now if you're talking about overheated then thats not a weakness, that can be CONTROLLED since its based off of his emotions.

Yeah, it was a featless surfer but it was a surfer that still possessed the power cosmic and a surfer that was whipping terrax ass. Answer this, how could surfer overload a guy that basically took ALL of his powers away from him Rulk absorbed ALL of it, so you're basically saying that surfer is going to overload rulk by dishing out more power than surfer have since, well, rulk absorbed his entire essence.

Durability wise, cain and rulk is kind of hard. Do you think cain could brush off attacks from a more powerful thor?

The difference about rulk really isnt much. Every attempt made towards him has been in vain, nothing has as of yet gotten past his durability; he defeated himself.

Again, destroyer and fury has similar feats but you're downplaying it a because its a hulk type villian.

xJLxKing
SS was weakened before fighting Rulk. Besides the story demands for Rulk to win. With proper righting, or common sense, SS wins.

The Nuul
Again, Loeb needs to go to DC. wink

And besides Batman has prep already in place to take care of his BS. Or he would just Batkick Loeb outta DC if he tries that shit over there.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
SS was weakened before fighting Rulk. Besides the story demands for Rulk to win. With proper righting, or common sense, SS wins.

You do know before that rulk fought a butt load of people also and was still at his prime. No where in that story showed anything proving that surfer was weakened when he went against rulk.

What would proper writing do to a character like rulk, someone who has super speed, unlimited strength, great fighting skills, absorb energy, unlimited source of durability, a person that just dont care about killing and a being that can get more powerful than what he already is.

If he got dropped by surfer, that would be bad writing since he manhandle a thor that IS more powerful than almost ANY surfer in existence.

Xplosive

Tell me how? What I can see from Silver Surfer part is that he can use his speed to BFR and win temporarely.

Now:
Rulk through this series has becoming more and more powerful and before he faced Silver Surfer he was already extremely powerful. Than he took all off Silver Surfer cosmic power and made himself even more powerful. So besides already being so powerful, he took Silver Surfer power and made himself even more powerful. So, that actually makes Rulk more powerful being than Silver Surfer. And Rulk has probably more room in himself to become even more powerful. So SS power was only an addition.

BUSTER1
Can anyone tell me how to look at some of my own previous posts-I am only ably to look at the last 200. I'm trying to find a post I'd done, last year regarding Rulk

xJLxKing
You do know before that rulk fought a butt load of people also and was still at his prime. No where in that story showed anything proving that surfer was weakened when he went against rulk.

What would proper writing do to a character like rulk, someone who has super speed, unlimited strength, great fighting skills, absorb energy, unlimited source of durability, a person that just dont care about killing and a being that can get more powerful than what he already is.

If he got dropped by surfer, that would be bad writing since he manhandle a thor that IS more powerful than almost ANY surfer in existence.
You are too much of a fan of rulk to argue with. The fact that you say that he has Unlimited Durability, and Unlimited Strength shows that.

Wei Phoenix
You do realize that you are acting like a true fanboy, because it's so hard for you to accept to think that Rulk could beat Silver Surfer. And Rulk did take Silver Surfer power and I didn't see any overload on Rulk part, except that he became more powerful.

No I admit he beat Surfer, I have no problem accepting that, but the truth is he beat Surfer when he didn't know how to fully use his powers or anything. Thats like Surfer coming up to Rulk as soon as he transformed for the first time and oneshotting his face in.

Make him stronger? Rulk doesn't get stronger he only gets hotter as he gets angry. Norrin has telepathy and as you said his overheating was due to emotions. Norrin forces the anger on him until he overheats. Rulk has no evidence to support he is immune to TP or even resistant to it.

Rulk easily did it because Surfer was inexperienced and featless...duh.

So physical strength and durability affects one's DNA now? Doesn't matter how big or strong you are, you're still vulnerable to it.

So you think he can beat someone who is vastly faster, more mobile, smarter, has more versatility, can matter and energy manip, transmute, and etc with ease?

carver9
You are too much of a fan of rulk to argue with. The fact that you say that he has Unlimited Durability, and Unlimited Strength shows that.

Fan boy doesnt have anything to do with my statements, I'm just not ignoring anything shown on panel like you are. Thats the difference between me and you, if its consistent I accept on panel proof whereas you throw it out the window because you dont like the character.

Wei Phoenix

Wouldn't unlimited durability means he can't be hurt which has been proved otherwise? I think you're mixing this red goliath with Juggernaut. Rulk's speed has nothing on Surfer's.

What weakness does rulk have? confused I wasnt aware that he had a weakness, now if you're talking about overheated then thats not a weakness, that can be CONTROLLED since its based off of his emotions.

Yeah, it was a featless surfer but it was a surfer that still possessed the power cosmic and a surfer that was whipping terrax ass. Answer this, how could surfer overload a guy that basically took ALL of his powers away from him Rulk absorbed ALL of it, so you're basically saying that surfer is going to overload rulk by dishing out more power than surfer have since, well, rulk absorbed his entire essence.

Durability wise, cain and rulk is kind of hard. Do you think cain could brush off attacks from a more powerful thor?

The difference about rulk really isnt much. Every attempt made towards him has been in vain, nothing has as of yet gotten past his durability; he defeated himself.

Again, destroyer and fury has similar feats but you're downplaying it a because its a hulk type villian.

Emotions can be exploited by telepathy.

Cain took a godblast with no damage done, he took blows from WWH with no pain shown, he has had his entire flesh and organs removed from his body. Cain has never felt pain. Thor rocked the shit out of Rulk when he came back. Rulk even said he would've killed him.

carver9
No I admit he beat Surfer, I have no problem accepting that, but the truth is he beat Surfer when he didn't know how to fully use his powers or anything. Thats like Surfer coming up to Rulk as soon as he transformed for the first time and oneshotting his face in.

Make him stronger? Rulk doesn't get stronger he only gets hotter as he gets angry. Norrin has telepathy and as you said his overheating was due to emotions. Norrin forces the anger on him until he overheats. Rulk has no evidence to support he is immune to TP or even resistant to it.

Rulk easily did it because Surfer was inexperienced and featless...duh.

So physical strength and durability affects one's DNA now? Doesn't matter how big or strong you are, you're still vulnerable to it.

So you think he can beat someone who is vastly faster, more mobile, smarter, has more versatility, can matter and energy manip, transmute, and etc with ease?

The question to all of this that you typed up is, "Is surfer more powerful then all of the beings that rulk one shotted/Whipped ass."

Another question, did this surfer JUST receive the pc that rulk beat. Was this a fresh surfer or a surfer that had the tiime to adjust to his powers. Then another thing, galactus gave surfer the knowledge on how to use the pc, it wasnt something surfer has to explore on his own.

Again, rulk beat a thor that is more power in all categories than surfer with ease. Why would he have a problem with surfer?

Kris Blaze
facepalm

xJLxKing
Fan boy doesnt have anything to do with my statements, I'm just not ignoring anything shown on panel like you are. Thats the difference between me and you, if its consistent I accept on panel proof whereas you throw it out the window because you dont like the character.
Your statement shows you are a "fan boy". Where was it stated that he has unlimited durability, and strength. If he did, he wouldn't have lost to Hulk.

If he had unlimited Durability, Galactus wouldn't have KOed him with one shot.

carver9
Wouldn't unlimited durability means he can't be hurt which has been proved otherwise? I think you're mixing this red goliath with Juggernaut. Rulk's speed has nothing on Surfer's.

Emotions can be exploited by telepathy.

Cain took a godblast with no damage done, he took blows from WWH with no pain shown, he has had his entire flesh and organs removed from his body. Cain has never felt pain. Thor rocked the shit out of Rulk when he came back. Rulk even said he would've killed him.

From the way its being shown, his durability is on another level, almost equal to cains.

I know that emotion can be exploited by telepathy but we havent even seen anyone use that against him yet, he might be immune to it.

I know everything that there is to know about cain, he's one of my favorite characters. Rulk is cain but he's just much faster and more brutal. All of what you brought up is pointless, rulk has fought a more powerful thor than the one cain fought and whipped his ass. Rulk fought hulk 3 times and destroyed him. Rulk feats outweighs juggernauts.

I agree, thor did give rulk a run for his money on the second encounter but I'm going to use the same excuse that you used, rulk had just fought hbomb, hulk twice, just got through taking hits from thor himself, and jumped from the moon to the earth effortlessly. It took a toll on his powers and the proof that i have of this is because he whipped hulk ass twice with ease but had a hard time taking him out on there 3rd encounter.

carver9
Your statement shows you are a "fan boy". Where was it stated that he has unlimited durability, and strength. If he did, he wouldn't have lost to Hulk.

If he had unlimited Durability, Galactus wouldn't have KOed him with one shot.

Do you think that galactus can ko juggernaut who as well shown that he has unlimited durability (except to magical attacks).

He must have unlimited strength if he's one shotting gods with brute force.

Do you even know how he lost to hulk because hulk sure as hell didnt outfight him?

What was the point of your post?

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
And besides Batman has prep already in place to take care of his BS. Or he would just Batkick Loeb outta DC if he tries that shit over there. laughing out loud

Someone bump the Rulk vs Thanos thread when Quan signs in. biscuits

id369
Rulk wins.

Mindship
Thoughts...
1. This is how Sentry should probably be portrayed, given his hype.
2. Rulk could probably, Probably break free of a Panther armbar.
3. Love those silver skivvies.

Xplosive

I didn't say with ease. I said he crushed SS with ease in Hulk 12, not the current one. I said at how things are going, wouldn't be surprised, not even close, if Rulk would beat current SS. I don't know why would anyone be surprised by that.
And the fact is that he did make himself more powerful than Silver Surfer by adding his power. That makes Rulk more powerful being than Silver Surfer.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindship
Thoughts...
1. This is how Sentry should probably be portrayed, given his hype.
2. Rulk could probably, Probably break free of a Panther armbar.
3. Love those silver skivvies.

I agree; they do sentry so wrong, with his hype, he should be exactly like this, bust through EVERYONE but his mindset mess that up.

xJLxKing
Do you think that galactus can ko juggernaut who as well shown that he has unlimited durability (except to magical attacks).

He must have unlimited strength if he's one shotting gods with brute force.

Do you even know how he lost to hulk because hulk sure as hell didnt outfight him?

What was the point of your post?
To prove you are bias; that's the reason on my post.

There is a difference between huge amount of strength, and unlimited strength. If he had unlimited strenght, he would have KOed Hulk, or Thor with one punch. However, he didn't have that amount of strength. If he had unlimited Durability(if that's even the correct term), he wouldn't have been defeated/devastated by Galactus attack.

go ahead and make them excuses now!

Xplosive
He doesn't have unlimited durability nor strength and guess what, neither does Living Tribunal.

BUSTER1
carver9=Jeph Loeb

xJLxKing
He doesn't have unlimited durability nor strength and guess what, neither does Living Tribunal. That can be argued. He is only second to god. I don't see how he doesn't have close to infinite strength, and durability.

carver9
To prove you are bias; that's the reason on my post.

There is a difference between huge amount of strength, and unlimited strength. If he had unlimited strenght, he would have KOed Hulk, or Thor with one punch. However, he didn't have that amount of strength. If he had unlimited Durability(if that's even the correct term), he wouldn't have been defeated/devastated by Galactus attack.

go ahead and make them excuses now!

Didnt you once say that superman prime has unlimited strength? confused

By the way, classic thor and hulks strength is both stated as incaculable, cant be measured but rulk choked hulk to sleep and on the second encounter, woke him up and once shotted him again.

He toyed around with a more powerful thor. He let thor attack him which thor was going for the killing blows, which lead to rulk just brushing them off. How about you look at the rulk vs thor fight and tell me if you dont see rulk toyiing around with thor. If rulk wasnt toyinig around he would have killed thor when they were on the moon. If he wasnt toying around he would have thrown a punch when they were on earth. If he wasnt toying around he wouldnt have just STOOD there and let thor attack him.

Got a question, destroyer PHYSICALLY almost took down the entire asgardian kingdom killing gods etc... Is that pis

Xplosive
That can be argued. He is only second to god. I don't see if he doesn't have close to infinite strenght, and durability.

But even LT doesn't have true infinite strength or power.

xJLxKing
But even LT doesn't have true infinite strength or power.
Well that can be argued. He is second to god. Maybe he does have it, but TOAA is just stronger in all other ways.

He defeated the IG which grants the user almost anything.

carver9
Originally posted by BUSTER1
carver9=Jeph Loeb

How did you find out? sad

xJLxKing
Didnt you once say that superman prime has unlimited strength? confused

By the way, classic thor and hulks strength is both stated as incaculable, cant be measured but rulk choked hulk to sleep and on the second encounter, woke him up and once shotted him again.

He toyed around with a more powerful thor. He let thor attack him which thor was going for the killing blows, which lead to rulk just brushing them off. How about you look at the rulk vs thor fight and tell me if you dont see rulk toyiing around with thor. If rulk wasnt toyinig around he would have killed thor when they were on the moon. If he wasnt toying around he would have thrown a punch when they were on earth. If he wasnt toying around he wouldnt have just STOOD there and let thor attack him.

Got a question, destroyer PHYSICALLY almost took down the entire asgardian kingdom killing gods etc... Is that pis
No, I don't think I said that.
Incalculable=/= infinite.

Superman's HV power was incalculable; does that mean his HV was infinite? Of course not!! use common sense.

Toying around doesn't mean that you have unlimited strength. He would have KOed anyone he can in contact with in one hit if he had unlimited strength. Yet he didn't! wonder why???

StiltmanFTW
See thats BS if SS got Suffocated to death! He doesnt need air to breath.

Fck Loeb and his shit.

He wasn't suffocated. Rulk drained his power and snapped his neck shocklaugh

Carver:

It's A-Bomb, not H-Bomb stick out tongue

Rulk's durability against piercing attacks sucks, though.

carver9
No, I don't think I said that.
Incalculable=/= infinite.

Superman's HV power was incalculable; does that mean his HV was infinite? Of course not!! use common sense.

Toying around doesn't mean that you have unlimited strength. He would have KOed anyone he can in contact with in one hit if he had unlimited strength. Yet he didn't! wonder why???

I agree with the unlimited thing, thats not what I'm even debating about, I want you to tell me the bad writing part.

carver9
He wasn't suffocated. Rulk drained his power and snapped his neck shocklaugh

Carver:

thank for the correction.

Who pierced rulk?

The Nuul

Logan shows up and saves the day by kicking Rulks ass.

Survivor19
Damn.
Thundra with her gun drew blood from him.
Valkyrie drew a sword into his chest.

He doesn't have durability feats comparable with Cain. Damage soak, yes. Healing, yes. Invulnerablity, no.

BUSTER1

I am gobsmacked. Last August I wrote a post in the "Rulk vs Juggernaut" thread, which was just a mickey take. It was after I saw scans of Rulk beating Thor and taking control of Mjolner. This is the post, in full:

To expand on my earlier post, this is how it could go down (if that idiot Loeb is writing) Juggy and Rulk run into each other in L.A. Rulk says "Well well, Juggernaut, my mutant friend, you're next on my list"
The two charge into each other, and as he would expect, Cain starts to push Rulk back. Rulk, with a wry smile on his face utters a mysterious phrase "Cyttorakus neutralisus" With that, the tide turns, and Rulk starts pushing Juggy back. He then proceeds to rip Cain's helmet off, and punches him in the face, repeatedly, making a real bloody mess of it. "h..how?" asks Cain "Simple" replies Rulk "my little spell neutralised your enchantments for unstoppability and total invulnerability. Your strength is as great as ever, but you can now be stopped or hurt by sufficient physical force- and baby, I got that in spades"
Rulk then laughs and continues with his brutal two fisted assualt. He is just about to administer the final, killing blow when there is a loud 'THOOM' and turns to see Galactus behind him, with the Silver Surfer at his side. "Cease your rampage fake Hulk" demands the Surfer "or we will finish it for you" utters Galactus.
Rulk just smiles, and nonchalontly kicking Juggernauts prostrate body away, says "So now I get to add the Silver Surfer and the vaunted Devourer of Worlds to my growing list of smashed opponents"
The issue ends with Galactus firing his destructive eye beams at Rulk who easily blocks them with his hands and then deflects them back at their source, toppling Galactus. A clearly fearful Surfer prepares to launch his own attack, saying to himself "This is a truly unbeatable opponent, against whome, I cannot prevail-but for the sake of the multiverse, I must try"

And you can imagine how the next issue goes-Rulk wins again

-I reckon Loeb visited kmc, saw that post and then got his crazy ideas for Defenders vs Offenders. I mean come on, commandeering SS' board. Is there nothing he can do?? The only reason Rulk was beat by Galactus was probably because someone higher up at Marvel said "hold on a minute, this is geting really stupid"

StiltmanFTW
thank for the correction.

Who pierced rulk?

You don't want to know... sad

Tigra and Hellcat no expression Seriously.

Logan shows up and saves the day by kicking Rulks ass.

Yes, he's going to kick his ass in the upcoming crossover wolverine

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Survivor19
Damn.
Thundra with her gun drew blood from him.
Valkyrie drew a sword into his chest.

That's nothing... it can be explained... Thundra probably used uber S.H.I.E.L.D weapon... and Valkyrie's sword is magical, I guess...

But Tigra and Hellcat? WTF?

carver9
You don't want to know... sad

Tigra and Hellcat no expression Seriously.

Yes, he's going to kick his ass in the upcoming crossover wolverine

PIS if you ask me but its kind of hard to call it even pis since that was basically about the only time he fought people who stab there opponents.

StiltmanFTW
PIS if you ask me but its kind of hard to call it even pis since that was basically about the only time he fought people who stab there opponents.

Well, few issues earlier he withstood a barrage of bullets...

Survivor19
It is not PIS.

Welcome to real world. THAT is his durability level.

Have fun.

carver9
Well, few issues earlier he withstood a barrage of bullets...

Thats kind of a different type of piercing attack. Hulk is bullet proof but he has been stabbed throughout his career. Namor is bullet proof but wolverine has stabbed him on numerous of occasions (I think he has been stabbed by other objects as well).

The Scribe

Thanks for the scans. wink

He beheaded Terrax!? erm messed

What's next, Morg is gutted and Stardust is extinguished?

Loeb is either doing this for pure shock or he is truly a burnt out writer.

Looks like Peter David will have to step in and fix this.

mobile Calling Mr. David.

carver9
It is not PIS.

Welcome to real world. THAT is his durability level.

Have fun.

What are you talking about and WHO ARE YOU?

StiltmanFTW
Thats kind of a different type of piercing attack. Hulk is bullet proof but he has been stabbed throughout his career. Namor is bullet proof but wolverine has stabbed him on numerous of occasions (I think he has been stabbed by other objects as well).

That's different. Wolverine's claws are made of adamantium. The miracle metal. Plus, I'd say that they're more than razor sharp... and Logan has the strength to back them up.

StiltmanFTW
What's next, Morg is gutted and Stardust is extinguished?

No. Worse. Apparently Dormammu got owned off-panel.

Xplosive
Well that can be argued. He is second to god. Maybe he does have it, but TOAA is just stronger in all other ways.

He defeated the IG which grants the user almost anything.

He was surpassed by Protege, so no.

carver9
That's different. Wolverine's claws are made of adamantium. The miracle metal. Plus, I'd say that they're more than razor sharp... and Logan has the strength to back them up.

Deadpool has also damaged hulk and lets not even bring up the people in the xmen that carved wwh up but it was shown that wwh was bullet proof. It took adamantium bullet to pierce his hide.

carver9
No. Worse. Apparently Dormammu got owned off-panel.

lol, do u have the scan

StiltmanFTW
Deadpool has also damaged hulk and lets not even bring up the people in the xmen that carved wwh up but it was shown that wwh was bullet proof. It took adamantium bullet to pierce his hide.

Hulk was ill or something in that issue... his HF wasn't working...

What? Wolfsbane failed to penetrate his skin. Only people who cut him were Wolverine, X-23 and Warpath with vibranium knives.

carver9

What? Wolfsbane failed to penetrate his skin. Only people who cut him were Wolverine, X-23 and Warpath with vibranium knives.

Have to relook

StiltmanFTW
lol, do u have the scan

To be fair, that was with Surfer's power.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1953/hulk12014.th.jpg

Bentley
While you are at it put him beating Dormmanu.

BUSTER1

Very true, when he got hurt by DP, Hulk was separated from Banner and his durability was a lot lower.
Rulk, being bulletproof should not be cut by Tigra and Hellcat, unless their claws are adamantium. But this is Loeb. I think he must drink heavily before he writes.

xJLxKing

Isn't a Hydrogen bomb the same as Atomic bomb?

Good think you finally agree. The bad writing part is also pretty simple. I am not going to argue that SS didn't get defeat, and lost his power..etc. Although, did Rulk lose against Hulk because he over heated. I remember reading the scans in the Hulk thread. Also, judging by the feats. SS can win.

Survivor19
I think you're underrating Tigra and Hellcat.

And cut out that "bulletproof == only vulnerable to adamantium" crap.

StiltmanFTW
While you are at it put him beating Dormmanu.

That's it. It must've happened off-panel 'cause on the next page Rulk is fine and one-shots Dr Strange and Baron Mordo...

StiltmanFTW

A-Bomb as the new Abomination lol

StiltmanFTW
edit

Wei Phoenix
From the way its being shown, his durability is on another level, almost equal to cains.

I know that emotion can be exploited by telepathy but we havent even seen anyone use that against him yet, he might be immune to it.

I know everything that there is to know about cain, he's one of my favorite characters. Rulk is cain but he's just much faster and more brutal. All of what you brought up is pointless, rulk has fought a more powerful thor than the one cain fought and whipped his ass. Rulk fought hulk 3 times and destroyed him. Rulk feats outweighs juggernauts.

I agree, thor did give rulk a run for his money on the second encounter but I'm going to use the same excuse that you used, rulk had just fought hbomb, hulk twice, just got through taking hits from thor himself, and jumped from the moon to the earth effortlessly. It took a toll on his powers and the proof that i have of this is because he whipped hulk ass twice with ease but had a hard time taking him out on there 3rd encounter.

More brutal? Cain is way more brutal and vicious than Rulk. He has done a lot more cold-hearted deeds than Rulk has.

Rulk killing Hulk is PIS. He has no feats that surpass Cain. Has Rulk survived as a skeleton? Has Rulk survived the effects of Oblivion? Has Rulk taken blows from Thor, War Hulk WWH a full powered optic blasts with no signs of pain?

StiltmanFTW
Didn't Feral cut Cain? dur

jalek moye
Rulk is pis incarnate. i mean he killed hulk with a stab from a trident. like he hasnt already suffered much worse and healed from it.

And i'm pretty sure current surfer could just drain or even overload him

BUSTER1
I think you're underrating Tigra and Hellcat.

And cut out that "bulletproof == only vulnerable to adamantium" crap.

I know that being bullet proof doesn't mean only adamantium can affect you, but slashing attacks from street levelers like Hellcat and Tigra should not do any damage-they're not Wolverine.

Bullets >>Tigra's/Hellcats's claws

BUSTER1
Originally posted by jalek moye
Rulk is pis incarnate. i mean he killed hulk with a stab from a trident. like he hasnt already suffered much worse and healed from it.

And i'm pretty sure current surfer could just drain or even overload him

I make you correct.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I know that being bullet proof doesn't mean only adamantium can affect you, but slashing attacks from street levelers like Hellcat and Tigra should not do any damage-they're not Wolverine.

Bullets >>Tigra's/Hellcats's claws

thumb up

SuperiorTech
Valkyrie does she still carry the Dragonfang she got from Doctor Strange or was she just using a normal sword when she fought Rulk?

Sin I AM
I like it to and I dont see anything wrong with what he did to surfer, it can happen. He absorbed surfers powers which I'm guessing weakened his durability and then finished him off.

Rulk has ran through almost everyone that he has fought with relative ease so its kind of safe to say that with all the one shotting that he's doing he's on a strength level matched by none, even gods. Then the thing about it is he has fought hulk on numerous of occasions along with h-bomb, theres no telling how much gamma radiation he has absorbed.

Then he took a none holding back thor hammer to the face and didnt even FLINCH, if that did drop him, what in the hell would surfer do. Cant say rewrite his dna because every physical approach that has been made on rulk did NOTHING to him.

Another thing, why wouldnt he be able to grab surfer since its kind of plain and clear that he possess super speed. Why wouldnt he be able to choke surfer out since, well, he outfought odin force thor and destroyed a hulk that was growing in power with ease.

When he falls its either going to take a powerful team to do it OR galactus feeding on all the energy that he absorbed.

I like the writing and I dont see any plot about it; rulk is just in a league of his own. You all dont complain when fury or destroyer physically take out gods with there brute strength, I think its just a hulk hate thing even though hulk has proven on so many of occasions that he can handle heralds.

you know people like you make me sick mad ...mindless drivel like this is the reason Loeb gets away with such nonsense

The Scribe
To be fair, that was with Surfer's power.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1953/hulk12014.th.jpg

He killed Namor too?

I hope this is like his Superman/ Batman comic.
As in, not in continuity. erm

StiltmanFTW
He killed Namor too?

I hope this is like his Superman/ Batman comic.
As in, not in continuity. erm

Yes. And Tiger Shark enhanced to Namor levels one page before that.

Rulk was mentioned in NA, made a cameo in Wolverine and he's going to battle X-Force, so it's canon...

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Sin I AM
you know people like you make me sick mad ...mindless drivel like this is the reason Loeb gets away with such nonsense

thumb up

The Nuul
But it isnt because Namor wont be/stay dead outside of Loeb U.

jalek moye
But it isnt because Namor wont be dead outside of Loeb U.
everyone got brought back to life at the end of the issue

cuz he also killed hulk and surfer. and strange

The Nuul
AH ok. didnt read the issue yet. Still shouldnt be, its a plie or crap.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jalek moye
cuz he also killed hulk and surfer. and strange

And Psycho Man, Mordo, TS, maybe even Dormammu...

Only one who got killed permanently was Grandmaster shocklaugh Rulk didn't even need SS power to pummel him to death...

The Nuul
Rulk, he's a physical manifestation of PIS.

The Nuul

carver9

Good think you finally agree. The bad writing part is also pretty simple. I am not going to argue that SS didn't get defeat, and lost his power..etc. Although, did Rulk lose against Hulk because he over heated. I remember reading the scans in the Hulk thread. Also, judging by the feats. SS can win.

Hulk was getting waled on by rulk but rulk ended up overheating, thats how he lost. Without that hulk would have gotten killed again.

You still didnt answer my question. I asked you since destroyer physically almost destroyed asgard, is that pis.

Wei Phoenix

The Nuul
Article date is April...thats what I said, its old kinda.

I just hope he does kill him off.

carver9

Would you like for me to buy you some pepto bismol

carver9
I like the character and hope that he stays but the thing about it is with the things that he has done who would be a threat to him.

StiltmanFTW
Well, Galactus pwned him.

Sin I AM
the destroyer armor was made on to take the Celestials was it not?

Wei Phoenix
I like the character and hope that he stays but the thing about it is with the things that he has done who would be a threat to him.

Dr. Doom
Juggernaut
non jobbing Surfer
Gladiator
Titannus
Iceman

The list goes on.

carver9
the destroyer armor was made on to take the Celestials was it not?

That still doesnt change the fact that it took physical durability and enormous strength for destroyer to do half of the things that it has done. Lets not even talk about mangog, someone who rulk is almost similar to in every category (except rulk can get more powerful).

carver9
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut
non jobbing Surfer
Gladiator
Titannus
Iceman

The list goes on.

The sad thing is; everyone on that list would get f***** up by rulk but everything you said is your opinion.

Wei Phoenix
The sad thing is; everyone on that list would get f***** up by rulk but everything you said is your opinion.

Doom outclasses him by far.

How does he hurt Cain?

How does he fight back gamma absorbtion?

How does he beat Gladiator?

Titannus absorbs gamma radiation and it strengthens him, Rulk gives off Gamma radiation.

How does he stop Iceman?

Mindset
The sad thing is; everyone on that list would get f***** up by rulk but everything you said is your opinion. lulz irony

carver9
Doom outclasses him by far.

How does he hurt Cain?

How does he fight back gamma absorbtion?

How does he beat Gladiator?

Titannus absorbs gamma radiation and it strengthens him, Rulk gives off Gamma radiation.

How does he stop Iceman?

Doom is overrated without prep and would get throttled by rulk. If doom was as powerful as you all make him, he wouldnt have tried to steal thors hammer or he wouldnt have been so interested in the power cosmic that he took from surfer. Anything in hulks class should basically overwhelm dr. doom but again, thats my opinion.

Since his speed is greater than cains by a huge margin he'll basically bfr cain OR he'll just beat on cain like he did A-bomb into someone interferes due to property damage.

He'll deal with surfer by just physically over powering him or basically absorbing HIM again. From what we have seen, surfer powers is a battery to rulk, it basically powers him up.

Gladiator is the best fight to me (since I do think that he's above top tier) but he would get physically overwhelmed.

Titanus aint absorbing shit, if there is any absorbing BOTH would be doing it but physically rulk is superior to titanus. Titanus doesnt have that many showings to indicate that he'll pull a win from rulk.

Iceman is a stalemate, no one can beat him outside of bfring. Cheat character if you ask me.

Wei Phoenix
Doom is overrated without prep and would get throttled by rulk. If doom was as powerful as you all make him, he wouldnt have tried to steal thors hammer or he wouldnt have been so interested in the power cosmic that he took from surfer. Anything in hulks class should basically overwhelm dr. doom but again, thats my opinion.

Well tbh I really don't like nor care about Doomsday.

What speed feats does he have that suggests he can blitz Cain or let alone beat on him? Him hitting Cain will cause no recoil, Cain will walk through every punch he delivers, the same Cain that took blows from Mjolnir and a god blast.

Wait are you telling me that a nonjobbing Surfer would try to physically fight this guy? Surfer would use his speed and PC to beat him, Rulk would have to physically grab him to drain him, something Norrin wouldn't allow.

Name someone he beat with speed and strength comparable to Gladiator? Kallark overheats him with HV.

Why can't Titannus absorb his gamma energy? Is it because you say so? Titannus was able to crush his own head, then he healed from it. Titannus has a better HF and his gamma absorbtion ablities puts him as the winner here. What energy would Rulk even absorb from him?

Iceman freezes him and pushes sends him floating down the Delaware.

Enyalus
Okay.

But in all seriousness, Rulk beats Surfer. Two-shotting Grandmaster should be feat enough for believing that.

carver9
Well tbh I really don't like nor care about Doomsday.

What speed feats does he have that suggests he can blitz Cain or let alone beat on him? Him hitting Cain will cause no recoil, Cain will walk through every punch he delivers, the same Cain that took blows from Mjolnir and a god blast.

Wait are you telling me that a nonjobbing Surfer would try to physically fight this guy? Surfer would use his speed and PC to beat him, Rulk would have to physically grab him to drain him, something Norrin wouldn't allow.

Name someone he beat with speed and strength comparable to Gladiator? Kallark overheats him with HV.

Why can't Titannus absorb his gamma energy? Is it because you say so? Titannus was able to crush his own head, then he healed from it. Titannus has a better HF and his gamma absorbtion ablities puts him as the winner here. What energy would Rulk even absorb from him?

Iceman freezes him and pushes sends him floating down the Delaware.

Didnt say doomsday, I said doom.

He has plenty of speed feats like blitzing norrin, iron man, she hulk, etc...

Again, he feeds off of the pc so surfers attacks would get absorbed. He would get a hope to surfer if you ask me.

There arent many on kmc that has the strength OR speed that gladiator has BUT going by what rulk has done on panel I'm giving him the win against glads.

Titanus would get physically overwhelmed by rulk. By the way, when did titanus squezze his head in, from my knowledge he snatched his ears off.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Okay.

But in all seriousness, Rulk beats Surfer. Two-shotting Grandmaster should be feat enough for believing that.

Thats what I was thinking.

StiltmanFTW
And Tony had Extremis back then.

Rulk would just absorb gamma energy back...

Xplosive
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut
non jobbing Surfer
Gladiator
Titannus
Iceman

The list goes on.

Dr. Doom - with prep yes, otherwise no
Juggernaut - no way, Rulk would always get the win, but wouldn't kill him, but nor would Cain hurt him. Cain would lose every single time. No threat to Rulk.
non jobbing Surfer - no. After, eventually, Rulk is done with him, Rulk becomes even more powerful.
Gladiator - no. Rulk kills him
Titannus - no. Rulk kills him
Iceman - no. But, actually no one would hurt the other.

Enyalus
Dr. Doom - with prep yes, otherwise no
Juggernaut - no way, Rulk would always get the win, but wouldn't kill him, but nor would Cain hurt him. Cain would lose every single time. No threat to Rulk.
non jobbing Surfer - no. After, eventually, Rulk is done with him, Rulk becomes even more powerful.
Gladiator - no. Rulk kills him
Titannus - no. Rulk kills him
Iceman - no. But, actually no one would hurt the other.
That's pretty much completely wrong.

Doom beats him easily with BFR. Juggernaut would also win. Gladiator's HV might be a serious problem. Titannus kills Rulk easily. Ditto for Iceman.

Mindset
Rulk has no defense against magic, does he?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>