Burning Legion trio Vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q'Anilia
Phenomenal as Sephiroth seems to be, I decided to put him up against the mighty trio of the Burning Legion. How will the most powerful being in Final Fantasy fare against the commanders of the Burning Legion? Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras.

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925847753/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/26/sephiroth_the_fallen_angel.JPG
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1843/trioo.jpg

ArtificialGlory
You mean 1v3?

Q'Anilia
Yes.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Yes.

That's mega-spite.

K1ll3r
What are we allowing from Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras?

Q'Anilia
From how I've heard people speak of Sephiroth, some seem to think he can take their full force. He's of course at his strongest, as are they.

retturnnerr
IMO I don't think so. Sargeras was a mega-powerful being, creating the Legion. Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde destroyed several planets.

Archimonde in the cinematic, was able to destroy the entire Lordaeron just by performing a sort of spell.

Remember that Sargeras has countless spells: http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by retturnnerr
IMO I don't think so. Sargeras was a mega-powerful being, creating the Legion. Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde destroyed several planets.

Archimonde in the cinematic, was able to destroy the entire Lordaeron just by performing a sort of spell.

Archimonde destroyed Dalaran. Arthas destroyed Lordaeron. Not Kil'Jaeden nor Archimonde has ever destroyed a planet. Sargeras does not have countless spells.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by retturnnerr

Sephiroth AKA Jenova, has destroyed an unknown number of planets, using them like we would use a bike to travel to the next one and take over and destroy it.

Yeah, I would love to see Square Enix and Blizzard get together and actually do this vs!

ArtificialGlory
Sephiroth would be utterly obliterated in less than 3 seconds.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

And why is that?

Q'Anilia

http://carpetnurse.co.uk/carpet_nurse_images/clean_muddy_ink_stain.gif

That's my guess as well, but I'm quite certain that it will be opposed.

K1ll3r
http://carpetnurse.co.uk/carpet_nurse_images/clean_muddy_ink_stain.gif

That's my guess as well, but I'm quite certain that it will be opposed.

Then why did you make this thread?

Sephiroth disintegrates them all in his NL.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by K1ll3r
And why is that?

Archimonde immobilizes him, Kil'jaeden casts Greater Finger of Death while Sargeras simply looks at him(Sargeras's mere gaze can destroy whole armies)

Q'Anilia
Then why did you make this thread?

Sephiroth disintegrates them all in his NL.

I made it for the obvious reason that I stated in the very post you quoted (Did you not bother reading the whole post?). Some will not agree.

K1ll3r
I made it for the obvious reason that I stated in the very post you quoted (Did you not bother reading the whole post?). Some will not agree.

It seems to me you were already set on a winner, usually I thought someone made a vs thread because they thought it would be a good fight? But that is just me.

Archimonde immobilizes him, Kil'jaeden casts Greater Finger of Death while Sargeras simply looks at him(Sargeras's mere gaze can destroy whole armies)

Immobilizes him with what? EDIT: Oh right, he has incredible TK. (NVM)

Doesn't the Finger of Death turn someone inside out? I don't think that would do much to Sephiroth for long.

Was it because of the great amount of heat his body produces? Or is it something else?

Q'Anilia
It seems to me you were already set on a winner, usually I thought someone made a vs thread because they thought it would be a good fight? But that is just me.

Just because I think that one side is the winner does not mean that such is the case. All I have is my opinion, which isn't fact. So until I transcend to divinity and my opinion becomes fact, there's nothing wrong with me creating a thread and do so with the opinion that one side is much stronger than the other. I know that my opinion is not shared, so while in my eyes it's an obvious win for the trio, in other eyes it's an obvious win for the rogue.

A versus thread is all about debate. Not about making a thread with an immediate obvious winner. If I didn't think there would be any debating, I wouldn't have made the thread, would I? That'd be ridiculous.

ArtificialGlory

Immobilizes him with what? EDIT: Oh right, he has incredible TK. (NVM)

Doesn't the Finger of Death turn someone inside out? I don't think that would do much to Sephiroth for long.

Was it because of the great amount of heat his body produces? Or is it something else?

This is clearly a spite thread and should be closed, in my opinion.

Yes, he can immobilize with either TK or a spell, or both.

Greater Finger of Death destroys the target utterly, not just simply turns it inside-out.

I'm not sure why. Maybe it's TK, magic or simply sheer, unbridled power. Yes, Sargeras's body produces incredible amounts of heat. He's like a walking thermonuclear explosion.

K1ll3r
This is clearly a spite thread and should be closed, in my opinion.

Yes, he can immobilize with either TK or a spell, or both.

Greater Finger of Death destroys the target utterly, not just simply turns it inside-out.

I'm not sure why. Maybe it's TK, magic or simply sheer, unbridled power. Yes, Sargeras's body produces incredible amounts of heat. He's like a walking thermonuclear explosion.

What is to stop Sephiroth from forming pure NL around them, disintegrating them all.

I have never heard of this Greater Finger of Death, forgive my ignorance but what book\game was that in?

Yeah, although that is not going to bother Sephiroth.

ArtificialGlory
What is to stop Sephiroth from forming pure NL around them, disintegrating them all.

I have never heard of this Greater Finger of Death, forgive my ignorance but what book\game was that in?

Yeah, although that is not going to bother Sephiroth.

Him getting killed before he can even lift his arm? Anyway, I'm sure Sargeras would enjoy pure NL - more power for him to absorb.

It's in 'Shadows & Light'.

Maybe the heat won't bother him, but anything else from Sargeras will.

Burning thought
lol some of the weaker minions of any of these three against him could kill Sephiroth, let alone one of the lords, but 3? you must have been really bored Q'Anilia stick out tongue

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
lol some of the weaker minions of any of these three against him could kill Sephiroth, let alone one of the lords, but 3? you must have been really bored Q'Anilia stick out tongue

Quite so happy

K1ll3r
Him getting killed before he can even lift his arm? Anyway, I'm sure Sargeras would enjoy pure NL - more power for him to absorb.

It's in 'Shadows & Light'.

Maybe the heat won't bother him, but anything else from Sargeras will.

He doesn't need to exercise anything more then his will to utilise the NL. I doubt he would, it would absorb his physical body like it does to everything else.

Allright, Sephiroth mimics Sargeras, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, and forms a Barrier in front of himself to block the Greater Finger of Death. While calling the NL to absorb the physical bodies of Sargeras, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden.

Burning thought
The negative lifestream has only absorbed its own make, e.g. the inhabitants of the FF universe, their makeup of lifestream=the NL able to absorb them, problem is, neither of these 3 are made up of lifestream even if they allowed him to try out his little NL tactic.

K1ll3r
The negative lifestream has only absorbed its own make, e.g. the inhabitants of the FF universe, their makeup of lifestream=the NL able to absorb them, problem is, neither of these 3 are made up of lifestream even if they allowed him to try out his little NL tactic.

The problem is, their magic has only affected inhabitants of the Warcraft universe, Sephiroth isn't from that universe, therefore it doesn't affect him.

Seriously though, Sephiroth is now a mix-match of all three together (in looks) and Mimes Greater Finger of Death back to all of them.

Burning thought
That analogy does not even compare, the only reason the NL is worthwhile is because it corrupts and absorbs lifestream.

Your talking bullshit and sounding ridiculous at the same time, any of them could stop Sephiroth from casting any of his slow assed spells.

K1ll3r
That analogy does not even compare, the only reason the NL is worthwhile is because it corrupts and absorbs lifestream.

Your talking bullshit and sounding ridiculous at the same time, any of them could stop Sephiroth from casting any of his slow assed spells.

I was being a douchebag.

The NL doesn't not corrupt and absorb anything, Jenova cells corrupt the lifestream bringing it under the control of Sephiroth.

I am not talking bullshit, his mimic ability is passive.

Q'Anilia
The problem is, their magic has only affected inhabitants of the Warcraft universe, Sephiroth isn't from that universe, therefore it doesn't affect him.

Seriously though, Sephiroth is now a mix-match of all three together (in looks) and Mimes Greater Finger of Death back to all of them.

So a lightning bolt could never hit Sephiroth because he is not from their universe? Your comparison is not even remotely close to being an accurate one.

What are you on about?

Burning thought
And considering everything in FF is made up of lifestream, you fill in the blanks....

prove this, he does not immedialtey mimic the powers or abilities of anyone in FF, infact ive read about the ability, the best it does is allow some memories and understanding, thing is this is likely to kill him alone because the vast knowledge the trio know together would shatter Sephiroths demented mind.

K1ll3r
So a lightning bolt could never hit Sephiroth because he is not from their universe? Your comparison is not even remotely close to being an accurate one.

What are you on about?

I was talking bull****, like BT.

And considering everything in FF is made up of lifestream, you fill in the blanks....

prove this, he does not immedialtey mimic the powers or abilities of anyone in FF, infact ive read about the ability, the best it does is allow some memories and understanding, thing is this is likely to kill him alone because the vast knowledge the trio know together would shatter Sephiroths demented mind.

Prove to me they aren't made up of lifestream?

Nope.

Burning thought
Your asking me to prove the burning legion are not made up of lifestream? lmao....

K1ll3r
This is the lifestream: the base form of everything.

Why wouldn't they be made of: the base form of everything.

ArtificialGlory
This is the lifestream: the base form of everything.

Why wouldn't they be made of: the base form of everything.

The base form of everything in the FF universe.

Burning thought
Because its the base form of everything in the Final fantasy universe, not in the Warcraft unvierse, lifestream does not even excist in the Warcraft universe.

The base form of everything in the FF universe.

stick out tongue

K1ll3r
Ah, but if it exists in the Warcraft universe, it would then still be the base form of everything.

Burning thought
Not quite, FF7 is just one world, Warcraft is a whole universe so maybe the lifestream if it actually excisted in Warcraft would be the base of one planet, but even then, that would be a bit maby.

K1ll3r
Not quite, FF7 is just one world, Warcraft is a whole universe so maybe the lifestream if it actually excisted in Warcraft would be the base of one planet, but even then, that would be a bit maby.

So, is the final verdict that The Lifestream is the base of everything in its current context or?

Burning thought
No, its that its nothing to do with Warcraft, nothing in Warcraft is made up of it, therefore the NL is worthless in this fight even more so than it usually is, since Sephiroth will be dead against any one of them in seconds, let alone all 3 of the burning legions biggies

K1ll3r
No, its that its nothing to do with Warcraft, nothing in Warcraft is made up of it, therefore the NL is worthless in this fight even more so than it usually is, since Sephiroth will be dead against any one of them in seconds, let alone all 3 of the burning legions biggies

Warcrafts magic is nothing to do with FF7, and has never affected anyone made up of the lifestream.

All 3 burning legion biggies would be dead in seconds by Sephiroth.

See where I am going with this?

Q'Anilia
Warcrafts magic is nothing to do with FF7, and has never affected anyone made up of the lifestream.

All 3 burning legion biggies would be dead in seconds by Sephiroth.

See where I am going with this?

I see where you're going with this. Arkham. It's not the same.

K1ll3r
I see where you're going with this. Arkham. It's not the same.

BT's reasoning: The Lifestream only exists in FF7, therefore anything outside of FF7 would not be affected by anything it could ever do, ever.

My reasoning: Warcraft magic only exists in Warcraft, therefore anything outside of Warcraft would not be affected by anything it could ever do, ever.

See, we are saying Sephiroth was in Warcrafts universe.

If the three big baddies of Warcraft came to the FF7 world, they wouldn't be able to utilise thier magic, because the definition is different.

Q'Anilia
Is not a versus taking place on neutral ground? Not Azeroth nor whatever planet FF is on. The lifestream is a location-specific power, is it not? Like magicians that use the essence of the Sunwell. Can't be done without the Sunwell.

You can't use the Lifestream to absorb whatever because that particular whatever does not consist of the Lifestream (From my understanding, the Lifestream effects other things like it). This for the same reason that you can't severe the Force of someone that is not from Star Wars in order to take away their powers.

A Warcraft example would be that ... well, there is nothing to compare with those two. Unlike them, Warcraft does not have a universal power like that. They have the Twisting Nether but that's merely a dimension that makes a magician able to cast his spell, or things of the sort. Magicians doesn't use Twisting Nether.

K1ll3r
Is not a versus taking place on neutral ground? Not Azeroth nor whatever planet FF is on. The lifestream is a location-specific power, is it not? Like magicians that use the essence of the Sunwell. Can't be done without the Sunwell.

You can't use the Lifestream to absorb whatever because that particular whatever does not consist of the Lifestream (From my understanding, the Lifestream effects other things like it). This for the same reason that you can't severe the Force of someone that is not from Star Wars in order to take away their powers.

A Warcraft example would be that ... well, there is nothing to compare with those two. Unlike them, Warcraft does not have a universal power like that. They have the Twisting Nether but that's merely a dimension that makes a magician able to cast his spell, or things of the sort. Magicians doesn't use Twisting Nether.

Right, so what you are saying is, because they are not made up of the Lifestream, the Lifestream can't absorb them? I still disagree, as it would break them down into their base components but i'll drop it just because it really doesn't matter.

Allrighty, now so what if Sephiroth were to use Holy, would that destroy those three? (Considering Archimonde was destroyed with a much smaller explosion then Holy is capable of). All that is required to summon Holy was a prayer to the ancients, however Sephiroth hardly has to pray to himself.

occultdestroyer
the most powerful being in Final Fantasy
Arguable.
Personally, I believe Kefka is stronger than Sephiroth.
Dude knocked out Bahamut with one punch.

Burning thought
Allrighty, now so what if Sephiroth were to use Holy, would that destroy those three? (Considering Archimonde was destroyed with a much smaller explosion then Holy is capable of). All that is required to summon Holy was a prayer to the ancients, however Sephiroth hardly has to pray to himself.

The only thing he could even do fast enough is to swing his sword, thats it, no spell in FF is fast enough against most opponents, however against one of these master spellcasters? he has no chance. Apprently in one of the books Archimonde killed an adult dragon with a quick gesture.

Q'Anilia
Right, so what you are saying is, because they are not made up of the Lifestream, the Lifestream can't absorb them? I still disagree, as it would break them down into their base components but i'll drop it just because it really doesn't matter.

Don't you ever grow tired of using theories? Sephiroth has never used Lifestream or Holy?

And don't believe what your eyes are telling you in the video where Archimonde dies. It's not some small explosion. It's a highly charged blast of nature, summoned by Malfurion and empowered by the World Tree and the Well of Eternity. It also took time to actually kill him with it.

Q'Anilia
The only thing he could even do fast enough is to swing his sword, thats it, no spell in FF is fast enough against most opponents, however against one of these master spellcasters? he has no chance. Apprently in one of the books Archimonde killed an adult dragon with a quick gesture.

Yes. I think it was during The Demon Soul (Or The Sundering). Archimonde casually slayed an adult blue dragon with a gesture.

K1ll3r

No spell you have seen is fast enough. If Sephiroth swung his sword, the result would be Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden split in half (Maybe even Sargeras).

HOLY doesn't have a cast, you pray to the ancients to summon it.

And Sephiroth could create his own Weapon, with less effort.

Don't you ever grow tired of using theories? Sephiroth has never used Lifestream or Holy?

And don't believe what your eyes are telling you in the video where Archimonde dies. It's not some small explosion. It's a highly charged blast of nature, summoned by Malfurion and empowered by the World Tree and the Well of Eternity. It also took time to actually kill him with it.

Unfortunately FF7 games weren't made to showcase Sephiroths power, actually it is all based around him barely trying because of Cloud, otherwise the player wouldn't be able to win.

Negative -Lifestream- coupled with the Knowledge of the Ancients, means he can use every Materia. To use HOLY you pray to the ancients to summon it, however Sephiroth doesn't have to pray to himself.

Whoa, empowered by the World Tree and Well of Eternity, HOLY is powered by The Lifestream. HOLYs power is infinetely more powerful then that weak magical explosion.

Yes. I think it was during The Demon Soul (Or The Sundering). Archimonde casually slayed an adult blue dragon with a gesture.

Sephiroth has casually done everything he has done.

Phanteros
No spell you have seen is fast enough. If Sephiroth swung his sword, the result would be Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden split in half (Maybe even Sargeras).

Unfortunately FF7 games weren't made to showcase Sephiroths power, actually it is all based around him barely trying because of Cloud, otherwise the player wouldn't be able to win.

Negative -Lifestream- coupled with the Knowledge of the Ancients, means he can use every Materia. To use HOLY you pray to the ancients to summon it, however Sephiroth doesn't have to pray to himself.

Whoa, empowered by the World Tree and Well of Eternity, HOLY is powered by The Lifestream. HOLYs power is infinetely more powerful then that weak magical explosion.

proof of sephiroth splitting them in half? they aren't some weaklings like cloud that sephiroth typically fights

ArtificialGlory

And if either of the Trio used even their weakest spell, the result would be a very dead Sephiroth. Besides, he couldn't even cut through Cloud's sword. Not like they would let Sephiroth survive for more than one second anyway.

Most of their spells don't even have a cast too.

Empowered by the World Tree and the Well of Eternity means much more than you think. You know what happened the last time the Well imploded? The world was quite literally split in half.

What has Holy done apart from failing to destroy a meteor?

Q'Anilia

The World Tree held a portion of the dragon aspects. Alexstrasza, Malygos, Nozdormu, Ysera. (3 of them would kill Sephiroth without a yawn. Permanently) The Well of Eternity is an infinite source of power that's created by the Pantheon. How can anything be infinitly more powerful than an infinite source of power?

Since you seem to know so much about the explosion that killed Archimonde, what makes you define it as weak? Please, I want to hear details. Leave nothing out.

How did you like the War of the Ancients triology? I always considered Knaak awesome. He brought out the best in some characters (Although kinda made you hate Illidan). I think he did quite so well with Archimonde though, except for that he had him hold back quite a great deal.

I mean, given how you know Sephiroth has done everything Archimonde has done, you must've read the books. I must say that I love Archimonde's battle with Malorne. Unfortunately it was kinda brief, Archimonde not too eager in an elaborate fight. RIP Malorne. But thanks to his death, we got to see Ysera at her worst.

Burning thought
Your wasting your time, K1ll3r knows nothing of Warcraft both the games and ofcourse the lore and furthermore seems to know little about his own character, he is simply inventing his own powers and abilities and saying they will defeat the trio arrayed against Sephiroth despite the fact any one of them could elminate most threats in FF7 by themselves.

Q'Anilia
From what I understand of K1ll3r, there's no proof at all. Just a trunk full of theories. The splitting them in half part, where does that come from? He cleaved some stone and buildings in AC, but that's not even enough to scratch Archimonde (As already proven in The Sundering).

Sargeras was not even tickled by Alexstrasza and the War of the Ancients heroes when they all combined their might. He barely even noticed the attack. He just felt the touch of something at his ankle.

ArtificialGlory
I mean, given how you know Sephiroth has done everything Archimonde has done, you must've read the books. I must say that I love Archimonde's battle with Malorne. Unfortunately it was kinda brief, Archimonde not too eager in an elaborate fight. RIP Malorne. But thanks to his death, we got to see Ysera at her worst.

Unfortunately, Archimonde pretty much spent all his time during the War of the Ancients with his head up his own ass.

Q'Anilia
Unfortunately, Archimonde pretty much spent all his time during the War of the Ancients with his head up his own ass.

Pawns is kinda what Archimonde does. They would have won that war, had he been a little more active. Same with their second invasion.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Phanteros
proof of sephiroth splitting them in half? they aren't some weaklings like cloud that sephiroth typically fights

You want me to get proof of Sephiroth splitting beings who don't exist in his universe in half?

Sephiroth has sliced through at LEAST 10 metre thick cannons, made to withstand even the greatest of energy shots, fueled by the lifestream itself which when shot absolutely annhiliated one of the powerful weapons and then continued on to destroy Sephiroths barrier (Although at that point ran out of energy.). And he was a few miles away when he done it, also doing it casually.

And if either of the Trio used even their weakest spell, the result would be a very dead Sephiroth. Besides, he couldn't even cut through Cloud's sword. Not like they would let Sephiroth survive for more than one second anyway.

Most of their spells don't even have a cast too.

Empowered by the World Tree and the Well of Eternity means much more than you think. You know what happened the last time the Well imploded? The world was quite literally split in half.

What has Holy done apart from failing to destroy a meteor?

If Sephiroth willed it, Clouds sword would break like *snap*.

Interesting.

HOLY was capable of destroying the world, but was created to 'make all the things threatening the planet to go away'.

It never failed to destroy meteor, it's act of destroying meteor was going to destroy the planet. (Meteor was to close, and HOLY was going to have the opposite affect.)

The World Tree held a portion of the dragon aspects. Alexstrasza, Malygos, Nozdormu, Ysera. (3 of them would kill Sephiroth without a yawn. Permanently) The Well of Eternity is an infinite source of power that's created by the Pantheon. How can anything be infinitly more powerful than an infinite source of power?

Since you seem to know so much about the explosion that killed Archimonde, what makes you define it as weak? Please, I want to hear details. Leave nothing out.

How did you like the War of the Ancients triology? I always considered Knaak awesome. He brought out the best in some characters (Although kinda made you hate Illidan). I think he did quite so well with Archimonde though, except for that he had him hold back quite a great deal.

So you are telling me, that magical attack (The one called upon by Malfurion), was using every bit of power in the Well of Eternity and The World Tree?

It was weak, because of it's effects, yes it did do a fairly big explosion, but there was nothing displaying it had the power of which you stated it has although it was probably capable of such an attack. (Which apparently would have at LEAST split the world apart.)

Unfortunately I didn't gain enough interest in Warcraft to buy the books, I was going to, however when I killed Illidan, who was fairly easy compared to other bosses I stopped caring about the lore.

I never said Sephiroth had done everything Archimonde had done, I meant "Everything Sephiroth done, he done casually.".

Your wasting your time, K1ll3r knows nothing of Warcraft both the games and ofcourse the lore and furthermore seems to know little about his own character, he is simply inventing his own powers and abilities and saying they will defeat the trio arrayed against Sephiroth despite the fact any one of them could elminate most threats in FF7 by themselves.

I wouldn't say nothing, I know a lot more then most people do.

Inventing what power and abilities? He has the Negative Lifestream, KoTA, Jenova plus his own. All of which, we haven't seen the full potential of.

From what I understand of K1ll3r, there's no proof at all. Just a trunk full of theories. The splitting them in half part, where does that come from? He cleaved some stone and buildings in AC, but that's not even enough to scratch Archimonde (As already proven in The Sundering).

Sargeras was not even tickled by Alexstrasza and the War of the Ancients heroes when they all combined their might. He barely even noticed the attack. He just felt the touch of something at his ankle.

Tell me what you don't believe of my theories and I will do my best to convince you.

He cleaved more then that, and without being near it.

Was this a magical or physical attack?

Q'Anilia
You want me to get proof of Sephiroth splitting beings who don't exist in his universe in half?

Sephiroth has sliced through at LEAST 10 metre thick cannons, made to withstand even the greatest of energy shots, fueled by the lifestream itself which when shot absolutely annhiliated one of the powerful weapons and then continued on to destroy Sephiroths barrier (Although at that point ran out of energy.). And he was a few miles away when he done it, also doing it casually.

And that prove what exactly? Sargeras is not 10 meters thick or made of metal. He outsizes mountains. A man that tanked an attack that rumbled an entire landscape is considered a flee in comparison to Sargeras.

You need to do better than that to even come close at injuring Sargeras. Has Sephiroth destroyed mountains? Cleaved diamonds?

ArtificialGlory
And that prove what exactly? Sargeras is not 10 meters thick or made of metal. He outsizes mountains. A man that tanked an attack that rumbled an entire landscape is considered a flee in comparison to Sargeras.

You need to do better than that to even come close at injuring Sargeras. Has Sephiroth destroyed mountains? Cleaved diamonds?

I'm sure nothing Sephiroth could throw at Sargeras would even make him flinch. Not that he would have the chance - Sephiroth would be dead without even realizing what happened to him, just like in that fight with Cloud.

Also, both Sargeras and Kil'jaeden have the ability to stop time. Not that they would need to use it or anything.

Obsidian Fury
Sephiroth versus any one of these three is a major spite. Him against them as a team is not even worth calling a slaughter. He can't regenerate because there'll be nothing left to regenerate from. Archimonde turns him inside out and Sargeras accidentally vaporizes the puddle that remains from having been turned inside out. He then turns the battlefield into a raging inferno and erase the vapor. Next Sargeras drops a mountain where Sephiroth once was. Next Sargeras splits the planet in half and continues his quest to destroy the universe.

Obsidian Fury
Oh yeah and Kil'Jaeden takes Sephiroth's soul and imprisons it before transporting it into the Twisting Nether where it'll float for all eternity or until Kil'Jaeden does the unlikely and remember this pathetic battle and decides to destroy the prison and shatter Sephiroth's soul in the process. Just for fun.

Utrigita
^ thumb up

K1ll3r

Right, so what is he made of?

Sephiroth could will a mountain down, while slicing it into many itty bits in a few seconds.

Jenova 'tanked' atmospheric re-entry and meteoric landing, that 'cratored' an entire landscape, then went ahead to destroy a civilisation who created magic.

I'm sure nothing Sephiroth could throw at Sargeras would even make him flinch. Not that he would have the chance - Sephiroth would be dead without even realizing what happened to him, just like in that fight with Cloud.

Also, both Sargeras and Kil'jaeden have the ability to stop time. Not that they would need to use it or anything.

Sephiroth could easily slice through Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras was the one I was maybe about, nevertheless HOLY would take him down.

So does Sephiroth.

So they could do that, in less then a second? Bull, Sephiroth could easily react to Finger of Death, or even Greater Finger of Death considering the use of Mimic and his reactions.

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Sephiroth versus any one of these three is a major spite. Him against them as a team is not even worth calling a slaughter. He can't regenerate because there'll be nothing left to regenerate from. Archimonde turns him inside out and Sargeras accidentally vaporizes the puddle that remains from having been turned inside out. He then turns the battlefield into a raging inferno and erase the vapor. Next Sargeras drops a mountain where Sephiroth once was. Next Sargeras splits the planet in half and continues his quest to destroy the universe.

He still has his NL, he could sacrifice some of it to utilise the Jenova cells inside it to regen himself if he did die. Archimonde *tries* to turn him inside out, but Sephiroth has already sliced him in half, as well as Kil'Jaeden and summoned HOLY, destroying Sargeras.

Oh yeah and Kil'Jaeden takes Sephiroth's soul and imprisons it before transporting it into the Twisting Nether where it'll float for all eternity or until Kil'Jaeden does the unlikely and remember this pathetic battle and decides to destroy the prison and shatter Sephiroth's soul in the process. Just for fun.

He would have to destroy his will to do that, which I highly doubt he could. Also I don't think Sephiroth has a Warcraft defined soul, so I think Sephiroth is safe because of the difference? (There is no defined soul in FF7, people are people with no immaterial version of themselves (except they are made of the lifestream)) He would have to take his consciousness (or Will).

Phanteros
wait since when did sephiroth cut down a mountain????

Slaanesh
any of the 3 can stomp Sephiroth on their own..

ArtificialGlory
Sargeras was immune to the Demon Soul, which can disintegrate/delete from existence pretty much anything(among many other powers it has). So what has HOLY ever done, anyway?

For all I have ever seen, there's nothing but fanboy wishful thinking surrounding Sephiroth.

Q'Anilia
Right, so what is he made of?

Sephiroth could will a mountain down, while slicing it into many itty bits in a few seconds.

Jenova 'tanked' atmospheric re-entry and meteoric landing, that 'cratored' an entire landscape, then went ahead to destroy a civilisation who created magic.

Sephiroth could easily slice through Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras was the one I was maybe about, nevertheless HOLY would take him down.

So does Sephiroth.

So they could do that, in less then a second? Bull, Sephiroth could easily react to Finger of Death, or even Greater Finger of Death considering the use of Mimic and his reactions.

He still has his NL, he could sacrifice some of it to utilise the Jenova cells inside it to regen himself if he did die. Archimonde *tries* to turn him inside out, but Sephiroth has already sliced him in half, as well as Kil'Jaeden and summoned HOLY, destroying Sargeras.

He would have to destroy his will to do that, which I highly doubt he could. Also I don't think Sephiroth has a Warcraft defined soul, so I think Sephiroth is safe because of the difference? (There is no defined soul in FF7, people are people with no immaterial version of themselves (except they are made of the lifestream)) He would have to take his consciousness (or Will).

How sad. I'd bother arguing this with you, but I know you can't prove any of it (Except possibly the irrelevant re-entery thing). You'll just repeat the things you've said all along, which isn't proof of any kind. And no, you CAN'T prove most it, so no need to even say you can. You can only theorize. There's nothing backing you up on as good as all those statements. Only your own theories.

Obsidian Fury

Can you prove this? To me, it seems you're full of . . . what was that word you used? Bull.

K1ll3r
wait since when did sephiroth cut down a mountain????

He has been capable of it, tell me, is 10 meter of steel\metal tougher then 10 meters of mountain? Have you seen how long his blade beams are?

Originally posted by Slaanesh
any of the 3 can stomp Sephiroth on their own..

Lies and slander.

Sargeras was immune to the Demon Soul, which can disintegrate/delete from existence pretty much anything(among many other powers it has). So what has HOLY ever done, anyway?

For all I have ever seen, there's nothing but fanboy wishful thinking surrounding Sephiroth.

HOLY was going to destroy a planet. (Before the lifestream stopped it).

How sad. I'd bother arguing this with you, but I know you can't prove any of it (Except possibly the irrelevant re-entery thing). You'll just repeat the things you've said all along, which isn't proof of any kind. And no, you CAN'T prove most it, so no need to even say you can. You can only theorize. There's nothing backing you up on as good as all those statements. Only your own theories.

Think about it, he can hold down a planet destroying attack with his mind, surely that means something? Or the fact he could just materialise Mako, enough of it to obliterate any mountain. Rock is not stronger then metal, one of his blade beams would topple mountains.

(Get your own sword, swing away at a side of a mountain, you will probably slice in several centimeters, now go swing your sword on a cannon and watch your sword break).

Jenova would use the planets it defeated to travel to another planet. Okay? Now it used that planet like a spaceship and went through atmospheric re-entry and crashed into the planet.

Show me Kil'Jaedens and Archimondes durability if you think Sephiroth can't cut them. HOLY is capable of destroying planets "HOLY is having the opposite affect, forget Midgar, we gotta worry about the whole planet!" - Red on HOLY.

Sephiroth has time manipulating spells.

Okay, in the first game, Jenovas head reforms from being in the lifestream. If Jenova can do that, Sephiroth could do it much easier with his own lifestream and cells!

-

Sephiroth absorbs himself into the lifestream and uses a giant Mako 'laser' in Sargeras to kill him. Then he uses HOLY. Then does another Mako 'laser' in the center of the planet they are fighting on for fun. Then reforms himself and takes what is left of the planet away to the next fight.

Can you prove this? To me, it seems you're full of . . . what was that word you used? Bull.

Mimic reads the thoughts and memories of beings, Sephiroth would know everything they knew. Possibly even how they do thier spells. Jenova used this to create personalities so it could infilitrate alien societies.

Well, a red beam capable of destroying someone, or an attack able to destroy a planet.

Jenova has already reformed it's head from being in the lifestream, Sephiroth would do it easier with his own lifestream and cells.

Sephiroth doesn't have a Warcraft 3 soul, there is no souls in FF7. Just consciousness.

Burning thought
The fact Holy could destroy meteor does not mean it can destroy the planet, sorry but no...and the fact Sephiroth stopped it is not impressive nad never will be, Holy is of an unkown weight or force.

Obsidian Fury
Mimic reads the thoughts and memories of beings, Sephiroth would know everything they knew. Possibly even how they do thier spells. Jenova used this to create personalities so it could infilitrate alien societies.

Well, a red beam capable of destroying someone, or an attack able to destroy a planet.

Jenova has already reformed it's head from being in the lifestream, Sephiroth would do it easier with his own lifestream and cells.

Sephiroth doesn't have a Warcraft 3 soul, there is no souls in FF7. Just consciousness.

1. All mentioned parts of that paragraph fits for Kil'Jaeden as well. Really, there's not a single difference. The significant turnpoint is that Kil'Jaeden is able to make an exact copy of Sephiroth, abilities and all. Not that they need it, but who is better to beat Sephiroth than Sephiroth himself.

2. I take it the beam is shot instantaneously and you've seen it destroy planets.

3. Having reformed his head sounds like a mighty fine feat. Too bad he'd have nothing to be reformed from. Really, Sephiroth would be less than a stain on the ground. And even if they couldn't kill him, he'd never have a chance killing them. They would just smite him every time he regenerate, until Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden grew bored and would decide to imprison him in the Twisting Nether.

4. Funny you should say that. The Warcraft soul represent the consciousness. This was proved by Kil'Jaeden in fact, who just wanted Ner'Zhuls consciousness and took it. For what is a soul if not consciousness incarnate?

Phanteros
so far all i heard from Killer is specualation of stuff that sephiroth didn't do, so i'm still with the Burning Legion

Q'Anilia
so far all i heard from Killer is specualation of stuff that sephiroth didn't do, so i'm still with the Burning Legion

Just another "absence/proof/proof/absence" person stick out tongue

K1ll3r
1. All mentioned parts of that paragraph fits for Kil'Jaeden as well. Really, there's not a single difference. The significant turnpoint is that Kil'Jaeden is able to make an exact copy of Sephiroth, abilities and all. Not that they need it, but who is better to beat Sephiroth than Sephiroth himself.

2. I take it the beam is shot instantaneously and you've seen it destroy planets.

3. Having reformed his head sounds like a mighty fine feat. Too bad he'd have nothing to be reformed from. Really, Sephiroth would be less than a stain on the ground. And even if they couldn't kill him, he'd never have a chance killing them. They would just smite him every time he regenerate, until Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden grew bored and would decide to imprison him in the Twisting Nether.

4. Funny you should say that. The Warcraft soul represent the consciousness. This was proved by Kil'Jaeden in fact, who just wanted Ner'Zhuls consciousness and took it. For what is a soul if not consciousness incarnate?

1. xD He would not be able to re-create Sephiroth, and if he did, Sephiroth would be able to control the clone.

2. I was talking about Greater Finger of Death, if it is greater then holy then it is able to possibly kill Sephiroth. If not Sephiroth could just hold it back with his will.

3. Nothing to be reformed from? Jenova cells in his NL + NL.

4. Okay, let's see them ever having taken out a 'consciousness' that was able to stop a planet destroying attack, technically I don't think they could stop a planet destroying attack (with their will, which Sephiroth can), or even create one. To be honest I have no idea what a soul is.

The fact Holy could destroy meteor does not mean it can destroy the planet, sorry but no...and the fact Sephiroth stopped it is not impressive nad never will be, Holy is of an unkown weight or force.

Eh? Holy destroying Meteor was so close the the planet was going to destroy the planet, according to Nanaki. It has a force of AT LEAST 1800+ tonnes. Even without that, Greater Finger of Death would not create more force then Holy, meaning Sephiroth could easily stop it with his will.

Like what? His Blade Beams are many miles wide apart and can slice through many metres of metal and continue for another many many miles, if he used the exact same attack on a mountain would it just stop on it? Or would it slice through just as easily as it did on the metal?

Just another "absence/proof/proof/absence" person stick out tongue

Show me, what part haven't I proven and I will show you some qoutes\videos\other.

C. C. Cowgirl!
This is so stomp. So very stomp no expression

K1ll3r
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
This is so stomp. So very stomp no expression

Indeed.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Not the way you imagine it to be.

K1ll3r
Not the way you imagine it to be either.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I haven't imagined a way, so it's hard for it to be that way.

Phanteros
Burning trio for the win since most of seph's supporters can't prove anything

C. C. Cowgirl!
That too.

K1ll3r
Burning trio for the win since most of seph's supporters can't prove anything

Like what?

Sephiroth has destroyed all life on a planet single handedly. (It has been said by the creators that this has happened an unknown amount of times but at least once.)

Sephiroth has moved a planet from it's original orbit, crashing it into another planet. (It has been said by the creators that this has happened an unknown amount of times but at least once.)

Sephiroth has stopped HOLY, capable of (At least) destroying a Meteor the size of a city, and in the process significantly damaging a planet.

Sephiroth has survived meteoric landing, burying him into the core of a planet.

Those four feats are greater then any of the feats done by any of those three. All of those three would first need a spell more powerful then HOLY to even start hitting Sephiroth, or they would need insane weapon skills to physically try and kill him.

NemeBro
Sargeras is large enough to stick his sword in a planet.

He wins.

Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot and a fanboy.

K1ll3r
He never has, so either he and his sword isn't that big or he can't do it, according to you people.

I have heard he is as big as a mountain but beyond that, no.

Also, if Sargeras could in fact do that why in the hell would he need to actively seek out and create an army when he could just as easily cleave planets in two.

Not to mention Broxigar was able to wound Sargeras.

Phanteros
Like what?

Sephiroth has destroyed all life on a planet single handedly. (It has been said by the creators that this has happened an unknown amount of times but at least once.)

Sephiroth has moved a planet from it's original orbit, crashing it into another planet. (It has been said by the creators that this has happened an unknown amount of times but at least once.)

Sephiroth has stopped HOLY, capable of (At least) destroying a Meteor the size of a city, and in the process significantly damaging a planet.

Sephiroth has survived meteoric landing, burying him into the core of a planet.

Those four feats are greater then any of the feats done by any of those three. All of those three would first need a spell more powerful then HOLY to even start hitting Sephiroth, or they would need insane weapon skills to physically try and kill him. when did sephiroth did any of this? my god you wank harder than a mother ****er.

Phanteros
He never has, so either he and his sword isn't that big or he can't do it, according to you people.

Also, if Sargeras could in fact do that why in the hell would he need to actively seek out and create an army when he could just as easily cleave planets in two.

Not to mention Broxigar was able to wound Sargeras. unlike sephiroth he has no make believe feats that you seem to be pulling out of your ass.

Phanteros
since when did sephiroth destroyed all life off a planet? never because he got owned before he got the chance to. even two years of prep didn't do shit for him. when did he destroy a mountain with his sword? never because you pulled it out of your ass.

K1ll3r
LOL Phanteros.

Go play the FF7: Compilation. Watch FF7: ACC then come back.

HINT: Sephiroth is Jenova.

Phanteros
LOL Phanteros.

Go play the FF7: Compilation. Watch FF7: ACC then come back.

HINT: Sephiroth is Jenova. doesn't mean shit as jenova had to sneak here why into those planets. and since it took sephiroth 5 years to jump start i can say the same for jenova. so no it isn't instantaneous pulling of the life streams of those planets. and you still hadn't prove the mountain feat for sephiroth so your making shit up. plus he needs a meteor to even start his conquest in the first place(which takes 2 weeks to get here). most legions can pull that shit off in day.

K1ll3r
doesn't mean shit as jenova had to sneak here why into those planets.

If you are referring to Jenova using Mimic and the Jenova Virus, then you are partially right. However the Cetra did find out what was happening eventually and waged all out war on Jenova (Not affecting it at all) finally they put Jenova into a 'sleep' to stop it. However once Sephiroth took over with his proper conscious the 'sleep' meant nothing.

and since it took sephiroth 5 years to jump start i can say the same for jenova.

I have no idea what you are talking about here.

so no it isn't instantaneous pulling of the life streams of those planets.

What the hell are you talking about? I said beings on the planet were all killed by Jenova.

and you still hadn't prove the mountain feat for sephiroth so your making shit up.
So he can move a planet, but he can't slice through a mountain especially considering his blade beams are several miles in length.

plus he needs a meteor to even start his conquest in the first place(which takes 2 weeks to get here). most legions can pull that shit off in day.
He needs the meteor so that the planet will only get severely harmed instead of completely obliterated, so that the planet will try and heal itself and he can absorb the lifestream when it does.

C. C. Cowgirl!

If this thread you've read, then you've heard that he can lift mountains. Not that he's as big as them. Archimonde is as big as a mountain. In comparison to Sargeras, Archimonde is a flea (That's stated in lore). And there's a picture where Sargeras impales a planet.

K1ll3r
If this thread you've read, then you've heard that he can lift mountains. Not that he's as big as them. Archimonde is as big as a mountain. In comparison to Sargeras, Archimonde is a flea (That's stated in lore). And there's a picture where Sargeras impales a planet.

What?

The only 'canon' thing about Sargeras impaling a planet is that his sword (Gorshalach) had the power to cleave a planet in two. Seeing as he no longer has this sword and it is impossible for him to have it seeing as he is now insane and evil, he cannot cleave a planet in two.

That picture has no wieght at all.

C. C. Cowgirl!
That picture has all the weight in the world, despite his blade having been splitted in half. Believe it or not, but when Sargeras was good, he wasn't impaling planets. There are no pictures of Sargeras before his state of corruption.

C. C. Cowgirl!

No, he wasn't. That I know. One of the books I have read and remembers well.

K1ll3r
That picture has all the weight in the world, despite his blade having been splitted in half. Believe it or not, but when Sargeras was good, he wasn't impaling planets. There are no pictures of Sargeras before his state of corruption.

Okay, in what lore does that picture fit in with?

No, he wasn't. That I know. One of the books I have read and remembers well.

Rofl? Broxigar wounded Sargeras leg, allowing all the mages and whatnot to focus fire on the wound later on!

"attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, in a single brave strike, Brox struck a wound in Sargeras' leg."

C. C. Cowgirl!
Post-Corruption.

K1ll3r
Post-Corruption.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same picture, but the only one I know of his hand is larger then a planet and his sword is literally impaling a planet. Are you saying this is lore?

EDIT: Okay had another look at the picture, he is dwarfing the planet, with his hand probably 1\8th of the planet.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/2/27/Gorribal.jpg

C. C. Cowgirl!
Rofl? Broxigar wounded Sargeras leg, allowing all the mages and whatnot to focus fire on the wound later on!

"attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, in a single brave strike, Brox struck a wound in Sargeras' leg."

Wikipedia?

"A small slash mark decorated his right leg, a mark that Krasus's keen eyes recognized as made by an ax. Brox's ax. Impossible as it seemed, the enchanted weapon had scratched Sargeras"

I dare say in confidence that Brox axe > Sephiroth's sword in terms of power.

K1ll3r
Wikipedia?

"A small slash mark decorated his right leg, a mark that Krasus's keen eyes recognized as made by an ax. Brox's ax. Impossible as it seemed, the enchanted weapon had scratched Sargeras"

I dare say in confidence that Brox axe > Sephiroth's sword in terms of power.

It was a wound.

It was wound enough for the mages to later focus fire on, forcing Sargeras back.

Why would you say that?

C. C. Cowgirl!
They didn't force Sargeras back. He vanished when the portal imploded. The reason Sargeras failed at keeping the portal open (Which he was doing with physical force I might add) was because he didn't know he had the scratch. The book describes the moment as "and for a split second, Sargeras was distracted". It didn't even tickle him. When all of them (Krasus, Alexstrasza, Rhonin and more) focused all their might on the scratch, not until then did Sargeras even notice he had it.

Because what details do we have on Sephiroth's sword? Brox axe is the most powerful weapon in the history of Azeroth. It contained literally the might of the planet, a tripple enhancement had been implimented to aid him (Elune, Cenarius, Malfurion).

Unless you perhaps has a Sephiroth weapon statement that top that.

K1ll3r
Indeed, it was because of them he was forced back (Closing the portal). And without the scratch it wouldn't have happened.

It done enough to warrant him breaking his concentration holding the portal open.

Sephiroths weapon has many more feats then Broxs, not to mention he can change it or even recreate any weapon he wanted.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Does the weapon have feats, or does Sephiroth have feats through the weapon? There is a significant difference.

K1ll3r
Erm? Elaborate please?

The weapon has feats meaning it has survived several thick metal displacing attacks without changing it's shape the tiniest bit.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Does the weapon itself have feats. Or are Sephiroth the reason of the feats? Broxigar for example doesn't have the strength to scratch Sargeras. He has a weapon that has the strength to scratch Sargeras. There's the difference.

So it's durable. Anything else? So is the sword of the character in my signature. That's the only thing special about that sword. What moer does Sephiroth's sword have? Beyond "shapeshifting" (Unless that's Sephiroth doing and not the sword)

K1ll3r
Well, technically it is Sephiroths will so I guess you would have to say they are all Sephiroths feats.

I have a question for you, do you think that Sephiroths Mime ability work work on Sargeras? (Considering Sargeras is fairly intelligent xD)

C. C. Cowgirl!
Mime ability? I have no clue what that is stick out tongue

K1ll3r
Oh, the ability to see all the memories etc of beings.

Then, if needed create a persona (shapeshifting) to match the memories so that the being believes Sephiroth is a friend.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Sargeras abandoned friendship countless millenia ago. He is an ancient entity, possibly millions of years old (If not older). I imagine a mental overload if Sephiroth wants to take all of his memories. The closest thing to friend Sargeras has, are minions, and he doesn't hesitate to kill those.

K1ll3r
Sargeras abandoned friendship countless millenia ago. He is an ancient entity, possibly millions of years old (If not older). I imagine a mental overload if Sephiroth wants to take all of his memories. The closest thing to friend Sargeras has, are minions, and he doesn't hesitate to kill those.

Haha I was referring mostly to the memory part, but take into account Sephiroths crazy mind.

Also, I cannot find the place in War of the Ancients where Broxs weapon is created, would you care to give me the book\page no?

C. C. Cowgirl!
I can't remember even which book in the triology it was in. There was something about the Moonguards and so.

DarkSlayer487
Sargeras is a titan...they CREATE planets. As much I love Sephiroth as a character, he wouldn't stand to even fathom standing a chance against Sargeras, let alone his two cronies KJ and Archimonde.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by DarkSlayer487
Sargeras is a titan...they CREATE planets. As much I love Sephiroth as a character, he wouldn't stand to even fathom standing a chance against Sargeras, let alone his two cronies KJ and Archimonde.

Yea, we've kinda been over this. Like, 2 months ago. *cough*necro*cough*

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Q'Anilia
There are few threads Sephiroth gets utterly and completely stomped in. This is one of them stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.