Star Trek humor in the movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
In the original Star Trek movies the humor seemed natural and cool. While as the TNG movies went on it felt forced...they tried to hard to be cool.

Anyone else feels this way?

Badabing
I thought Star Trek: The Voyage Home had the best humor.

jaden101
Originally posted by The Nuul
In the original Star Trek movies the humor seemed natural and cool. While as the TNG movies went on it felt forced...they tried to hard to be cool.

Given that most of the humour in the next generation revolved around Data then yes it can appear that way.

darthmaul1
The originals had the best humor cause Kirk Spock and McCoy had the best chemistry, and the Next generation never really captured that.
Funny moments in each of the movies that are part of my collection
I: Mccoy to Spock"This child is about to destroy every living thing on earth now what do you suggest we do spank it?"
II: McCoy to Kirk when Savik takes the Enterprise out" would you like a tranqulizer"
III: Kirk & McCoy"Does the Vulcan hand salute and asks how many fingers am i holding up?" McCoy "that green blooded son of a ***** it's his revenge for all those arguments he lost"
IV:Checkov"can you tell me where to find the nuclear wessels." and Spock "to hell i can't"
VI: Chang"we need breathing room" Kirk"earth, Hitler 1938"
VII:Worf"if you were any other man i would kill you where you stand"
That's it all the other movies i don't own and were crap
although V had probably the most humor but it was just stupid

darthmaul1
Forgot to add the new Star Trek movie
McCoy"she only left me with my bones"
and the funniest part when Krik, Sulu and the security guy (redshirt) that said "he can't wait to kick some romulan ass" then he dies a horrible death bay messing up and falling into the beam. I laughed so hard.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
I thought Star Trek: The Voyage Home had the best humor.

it did, those were some classic humorous lines...

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul

That's because Worf had the most engaging personality. It was funny watching him be bad-ass, but he personally wasn't up there with the cranky McCoy, the chipper Scotty or the deadpan Spock. And Data was just Vulcan-lite with his issues.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Forgot to add the new Star Trek movie
McCoy"she only left me with my bones"
and the funniest part when Krik, Sulu and the security guy (redshirt) that said "he can't wait to kick some romulan ass" then he dies a horrible death bay messing up and falling into the beam. I laughed so hard.

that made me chuckle...

the bit with chekov as well, when he's trying to beam spock and kirk back while they're falling, he's running through the corridors says "i can do that" that made me laugh

Doctor-Alvis
Humor? In Star Trek?

I think the most intentional humor I've gotten out of Star Trek was the stuff with Data and/or Worf and when they (any crew) time travel and then don't know how to act properly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Humor? In Star Trek?

I think the most intentional humor I've gotten out of Star Trek was the stuff with Data and/or Worf and when they (any crew) time travel and then don't know how to act properly.

Anyone with Balki Bartokomous in their avater can't have a bad sense of humor.

Raoul

pr1983

how is worf threatening to tear picard in half funny? he would have done it...

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Humor? In Star Trek?

kGuzse9GpEg

i think it's kind of sad that DS9 never got a movie, because in that show, worf was comedy gold at times. the man defined the word "deadpan" more than once.

Sadako of Girth
That exchange made me laugh in Undiscovered country round the mess table.

The ubiquitous and afformentioned "Earth, Hitler 1938...."

"You not experienced Shakespear unless until you have read the original Klingon" etc...

The whole "Dont tell me..... Tuesday..." in ST VI..

Scotty's "I know this ship like the back of my hand..." in ST V.

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind...?" etc

Theres loads of it in ST.

steverules_2

Thats no humor thats just down right respect shown there, Picard was a total ass to Worf and the only thing that stopped Worf from killing him was cause he had so much respect for the guy

Raoul
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That exchange made me laugh in Undiscovered country round the mess table.

The ubiquitous and afformentioned "Earth, Hitler 1938...."

"You not experienced Shakespear unless until you have read the original Klingon" etc...

The whole "Dont tell me..... Tuesday..." in ST VI..

Scotty's "I know this ship like the back of my hand..." in ST V.

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind...?" etc

Theres loads of it in ST.

the best for me is mccoy's line when they're rigging the torpedo. Chang is spouting shakespeare, and McCoy goes "I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

gold.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by steverules_2
Thats no humor thats just down right respect shown there, Picard was a total ass to Worf and the only thing that stopped Worf from killing him was cause he had so much respect for the guy

It's not funny, like falling out of your chair, but it did make me laugh.
I guess i have a dark sense of humor that's why i pissed myself laughing when the red shirt fell into the beam in the new movie.
and why i think Cable Guy is Jim Carrey's best movie.

steverules_2
It's not funny, like falling out of your chair, but it did make me laugh.
I guess i have a dark sense of humor that's why i pissed myself laughing when the red shirt fell into the beam in the new movie.
and why i think Cable Guy is Jim Carrey's best movie.

That was funny to me as well actually...cause the red shirts always die, so when they were about to beam down I was like 'ok which one is in red?' then I saw and I was like 'he's gonna die' and then hey presto he die's lol. Star Trek got a little...predictable for a member of star fleet beaming down who was wearing red....you knew that guy/girl wasn't coming back.

lord xyz
Bones: I'm a doctor, not an engineer
Scotty: Now you're an engineer

CadoAngelus
Final Frontier: Kirk - on the enterprise - "We need all the power you can muster mister!"

Final Frontier: Spock - on earth, kirk free climbing - "Greetings Captain, I do not think you realize the gravity of your situation..."

Symmetric Chaos
I think it was unintentional but in the latest one latest one I thought it was pretty amusing when the giant letters say "VULCAN" and panned over the planet from orbit and then later the exact same letters say "IOWA" and the camera panned across a little country road.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by dadudemon
Anyone with Balki Bartokomous in their avater can't have a bad sense of humor.
Of course I don't, I just like certain kinds of humor. Usually the kind I don't see coming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.