Question for the forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
When Despero physically took on the entire jla/jsa and crushed them, why didnt anyone brush it off as pis?

When the destroyer physically took down asgard why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When mangog killed gods and played with thor like a toy why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When doomsday wrecked the jla, took darkseid omega effect and then proceeded in beating the hell out of him, THEN destroyed the jla AGAIN, why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

Or how about titus physically crushing the jla or Konvikt destroying the jla.

The reason I'm asking this is because rulk has done some amazing things that shouldnt even be questioned due to his strength, speed, and durability but since he's a hulk character people dont like it.

The forum use despero feats as credit but curse loeb out for doing what he's done.

Seems pretty biased if you ask me.

Wei Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

iceman24567
Oh stop the crying in the vs forum

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh stop the crying in the vs forum

Not crying, just a question that I would like to know and it seems like you cant answer.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by carver9
Not crying, just a question that I would like to know and it seems like you cant answer. Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

Ask it there.

carver9
Can you stop doing that wei and just answer the question.

iceman24567
Nah this forums is for vs threads not your dumb questions.

rotiart
I'll touch mangog....
Mangog was written stronger than most asgardians. Thor has had problems with mangog his entire history.... So it's not like spider v firelord

In fact Thor had to shove his hammer into mangogs mouth and godblast just to beat him cause a blast to the body was not doing it....

As for rulk.... They are buildi g him up pretty high... I think the pis has to do with the fact that surfer lovers. Me included felt as though rulk should not have had a chance.... So they explai. The loss as pis. I'm waiting on the whole story with rulk

Mindset
I have a question for you, carver:

If two trains leave LA at 9:59am heading to NY, 1 travels at 60mph and the other at 68mph, which one is green?

carver9
Originally posted by rotiart
I'll touch mangog....
Mangog was written stronger than most asgardians. Thor has had problems with mangog his entire history.... So it's not like spider v firelord

In fact Thor had to shove his hammer into mangogs mouth and godblast just to beat him cause a blast to the body was not doing it....

As for rulk.... They are buildi g him up pretty high... I think the pis has to do with the fact that surfer lovers. Me included felt as though rulk should not have had a chance.... So they explai. The loss as pis. I'm waiting on the whole story with rulk

Thanks for answering: got a question, whats the difference between mangog and rulk because from what I have seen (brute strength, durability, speed, energy absorption) he is superior too mangog even without counting his feats.

I agree; I love surfer and I hated the fact that he lost but the way he lost was explainable and didnt show any kind of sign of pis.

Spire
http://doogs.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/whambulance.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset

If two trains leave LA at 9:59am heading to NY, 1 travels at 60mph and the other at 68mph, which one is green?

Both of my nuts.

Mindset
Both of my nuts. Are very small and empty.

What does that have to do with the question, though?

iceman24567
So this is the new questions thread? eek!

TricksterPriest
When Despero physically took on the entire jla/jsa and crushed them, why didnt anyone brush it off as pis?

When the destroyer physically took down asgard why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When mangog killed gods and played with thor like a toy why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When doomsday wrecked the jla, took darkseid omega effect and then proceeded in beating the hell out of him, THEN destroyed the jla AGAIN, why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

The reason I'm asking this is because rulk has done some amazing things that shouldnt even be questioned due to his strength, speed, and durability but since he's a hulk character people dont like it.

The forum use despero feats as credit but curse loeb out for doing what he's done.

I'm half tempted to actually try and address these, but I'd rather just say it's largely subjective, even on the stuff people can agree on at times. Part of it is not whether the feat itself is PIS, it's whether there was jobbing.

Though, in Loeb's case, it's because he's a ****ing hack writer who should have been tossed out of the industry years ago. Him and Starlin.

Survivor19
Destroyer is nearly imune to physical and magical harm.
Odin knew his business.

Kinkin
I haven't read it yet but maybe its the way he lost??

janus77
people just don't like the character, that's about all it boils down to.

Hulk's feats are too high for most peoples liking, the idea that this character who normally goes about running away from the military and/or smashing up mountains is stronger (and more innately powerful) than Gods (Thor et al), flying bricks (Gladiator et al) and assorted monsters (Onslaught, X-Men etc), only makes him that much more unpalateable... he doesn't have a majestic arc like say Surfer, where he's tangled up in the wonders of the universe and looking face to face with creator/destroyer types ... he doesn't bring to life a mythos like Thor does ... he just exists to be annoyingly - incredibly - powerful and without true purpose.

Hulk destroyed technology designed to ward off Celestials, that was dismissed as meaningless.
Hulk contained and then released (without any damage to himself) 2 universes of energy - which in anyother case would be taken to mean enduring a "Big Bang" - but that is totally ignored when talking of his stamina, durability and capacity to take punishment/energy attacks (ie, so and so should "overpower him", such and such an attack would "kill him" ...)

I just think the character lacks the kind of purposive stories that drag alot of the more fanatical crowd to comics. you can't really look up to Hulk, he's just a very human man, with Godlike (more in the league of Beyonder than Odin) power ... more afraid of what he could wrought than with bringing the universe to some superior order or defending the order that already exists (Thor and Surfer).

think about it, Beyonder says Hulk's power is like his own, in magnitute (infinite), Galactus can feed off of "The Old Power" and be sustained for a thousand years, yet The Old Power is miniscule in comparison to the power exhibited by a weaker Hulk ...

if you swapped Hulk's high-end feats with say, Thor's, everybody would think Thor was truly a Skyfather... not many would be upset at the ridiculousness of those powers - because they would have a narrative purpose...

Hulk's stories are more psychological than narrative focused... they're about coming to terms with yourself, with your capabilities and desires... in their totality and about the consequences of not doing so, imo.

The Pict
The problem with Rulk is he was strolled over the other characters with extreme ease that bordered on offensive. Established characters like Thor were portrayed as complete idiots, even though they've been dealing with bricks like Rulk for decades. C'mon I mean Rulk uses Thor's hammer against him the first time he touches it. Thor has been using Mjolnir his entire comic existence, unless a story requires him to part with it. It's easy to see why fans of Comics started to blame Loeb when seeing some of their favoured characters getting crushed by this Hulk clone.

Plus he's tangling with characters he has no right messing with. Punching out the Watcher is the classic example. This is why Loeb pisses people off. Not only was Rulk trading blows with Hulk (one of Marvel's strongest characters) that issue but he had the time to skip off and knock over a vastly powerful cosmic being.

But you know all this Carver. You're just whining because you're a Hulk fanboy who can't handle the fact Hulk doesn't win every fight ever. And stop making these threads in the versus forum. That's twice now I think.

Originally posted by Mindset

laughing out loud

The Pict
Originally posted by janus77

you can't really look up to Hulk, he's just a very human man, with Godlike (more in the league of Beyonder than Odin) power ...

no expression

janus77
Originally posted by The Pict
no expression
my point exactly.

Kinkin

Hulk's feats are too high for most peoples liking, the idea that this character who normally goes about running away from the military and/or smashing up mountains is stronger (and more innately powerful) than Gods (Thor et al), flying bricks (Gladiator et al) and assorted monsters (Onslaught, X-Men etc), only makes him that much more unpalateable... he doesn't have a majestic arc like say Surfer, where he's tangled up in the wonders of the universe and looking face to face with creator/destroyer types ... he doesn't bring to life a mythos like Thor does ... he just exists to be annoyingly - incredibly - powerful and without true purpose.

Hulk destroyed technology designed to ward off Celestials, that was dismissed as meaningless.
Hulk contained and then released (without any damage to himself) 2 universes of energy - which in anyother case would be taken to mean enduring a "Big Bang" - but that is totally ignored when talking of his stamina, durability and capacity to take punishment/energy attacks (ie, so and so should "overpower him", such and such an attack would "kill him" ...)

I just think the character lacks the kind of purposive stories that drag alot of the more fanatical crowd to comics. you can't really look up to Hulk, he's just a very human man, with Godlike (more in the league of Beyonder than Odin) power ... more afraid of what he could wrought than with bringing the universe to some superior order or defending the order that already exists (Thor and Surfer).

think about it, Beyonder says Hulk's power is like his own, in magnitute (infinite), Galactus can feed off of "The Old Power" and be sustained for a thousand years, yet The Old Power is miniscule in comparison to the power exhibited by a weaker Hulk ...

if you swapped Hulk's high-end feats with say, Thor's, everybody would think Thor was truly a Skyfather... not many would be upset at the ridiculousness of those powers - because they would have a narrative purpose...

Hulk's stories are more psychological than narrative focused... they're about coming to terms with yourself, with your capabilities and desires... in their totality and about the consequences of not doing so, imo.

Hes to inconsistent, beating up watchers, embarrassing Thor then next hes being beat up by smart Hulk.

Just noticed the Beyonder bit, what are you 5? Damn there's stupid and then there's janus stupid.

The Pict
my point exactly.

Beyonder warped reality, he could do virtually anything.

Hulk is really strong, heals fast and can jump really high.

no expression

janus77
Originally posted by Kinkin
Hes to inconsistent, beating up watchers, embarrassing Thor then next hes being beat up by smart Hulk.
depends, he knocked down Uatu with a punch, Thanos blasted Galactus away... neither would actually beat the character they attacked, if they carried on.

Kinkin
I thought there was an age rule on this site? No way is he older than 13.

Mindset
lol

Kinkin
depends, he knocked down Uatu with a punch, Thanos blasted Galactus away... neither would actually beat the character they attacked, if they carried on.

Not the point, the fact that he made Watcher bleed and beat the crap out of him yet struggles with Banner-Hulk is bullshit and you should know that.

The Pict

laughing out loud

janus77
Beyonder warped reality, he could do virtually anything.

Hulk is really strong, heals fast and can jump really high.

no expression
yes and that has to do with the magnitude of power or with the variety of power?

Beyonder's statement was regarding how powerful the 'creature' was, not regarding how many types of powers he displayed.

I don't see why this should be at all confusing.

janus77
Not the point, the fact that he made Watcher bleed and beat the crap out of him yet struggles with Banner-Hulk is bullshit and you should know that.
he knocked Uatu down, he didn't proceed to "beat the crap out of him", not as far as I can recall.

you know, the personal attacks aren't really speaking too highly of your age or temperament... goes to my point about comics and religious fanatics... they're a vessel for beliefs, it seems.

The Pict
yes and that has to do with the magnitude of power or with the variety of power?

Beyonder's statement was regarding how powerful the 'creature' was, not regarding how many types of powers he displayed.

I don't see why this should be at all confusing.

You're the one confused, mate. You said Hulk was in Beyonder's league power-wise, above even Odin. That's silly. That would mean he couldn't even be beaten by conventional means. However in his strongest form he was taken out by a few satellite blasts. If you think that's Godlike and unlimited power I think Kinkin is right any your actually under 13.

Kinkin
Watcher was messed up, I actually found that funny as hell. Rulks not so bad, I actually quite like him. Its his inconsistency that bothers me.

He messed up Watcher bad and then struggles with anyone else just makes it BS.

The Pict
he knocked Uatu down, he didn't proceed to "beat the crap out of him", not as far as I can recall.

Knocks him down
http://blogs.lubbockonline.com/slemmons/images/HulkWatcher.jpg
Beats him a little more
http://mob52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk4006.jpg

Kinkin
Apprently hes dead. Loeb, is that you using the janus account? erm

janus77
he punches down Uatu, main picture. he leaps upon Uatu, last panel of second picture. notice that Uatu is not koed or anything such... he has an expression of surprise (which is only natural for someone attacked out of the blue) and his hands are reflexively raised as if he's going to defend himself in the next panel.

Hulk then distracts Rulk and Uatu is ignored for the rest of the scene, as far as I remember.

gogogadgetgo

i'll bite! stick out tongue

despero is cool rulk is not

mangog has the power of an entire race (i think..) rulk is just another hulk who is red

doomsday was engineered to be the ultimate killing thingy that can evolve rulk is ugly and red and has no business being that powerful

konvikt's name is cool rulk is just plain stupid

bottom line, rulk is just another hulk type character who was powered by gamma radiation and should at most only be a global threat. just like hulk.

Kinkin
he punches down Uatu, main picture. he leaps upon Uatu, last panel of second picture. notice that Uatu is not koed or anything such... he has an expression of surprise (which is only natural for someone attacked out of the blue) and his hands are reflexively raised as if he's going to defend himself in the next panel.

Hulk then distracts Rulk and Uatu is ignored for the rest of the scene, as far as I remember.

Apparently hes dead.

Either way after the damage done to Watcher not many people should be taking Rulk punches. BS either way.

The Pict

I'm not saying he gave Utu the whooping of his life or anything. If the Watcher had fought back Rulk would be a smear on the floor IMO.

The point is Rulk has just knocked over a cosmic being while fighting Hulk, after he demolished Abomination and Iron Man and She Hulk but before he humiliated Thor etc etc.

janus77
You're the one confused, mate. You said Hulk was in Beyonder's league power-wise, above even Odin. That's silly. That would mean he couldn't even be beaten by conventional means. However in his strongest form he was taken out by a few satellite blasts. If you think that's Godlike and unlimited power I think Kinkin is right any your actually under 13.
what I said was that Beyonder has said Hulk's powers are of a similar magnitude to his own. it's a simple concept to grasp.

as to the matter of the satellites... Thor Godblasted Galactus away... Odin <<<< Galactus, shouldn't logically happen, we speculate as to why it did - Galactus was weakened by hunger, over exerted etc etc...

Hulk was fighting to contain himself, to prevent further damage... so the sum effect of his own actions and the satellites is what we see.

further... Satellites are a plot-device, which is something we readily accept in most situations where the unstoppable has to be stopped, for the sake of the story.

again, personal insults and slights are rather unbecoming, too much passion and ferver about such a trivial subject. one meant to be pleasurable and entertaining at that no expression.

Kinkin
Just read it, GM is the dead one I think. That right there shows you how BS it is.

Beyonder similar??? laughing out loud You must be joking, no one is this stupid. I think hes just taking the piss lol. Good one, had me there for a second.

The Pict
what I said was that Beyonder has said Hulk's powers are of a similar magnitude to his own. it's a simple concept to grasp.

as to the matter of the satellites... Thor Godblasted Galactus away... Odin <<<< Galactus, shouldn't logically happen, we speculate as to why it did - Galactus was weakened by hunger, over exerted etc etc...

Hulk was fighting to contain himself, to prevent further damage... so the sum effect of his own actions and the satellites is what we see.

further... Satellites are a plot-device, which is something we readily accept in most situations where the unstoppable has to be stopped, for the sake of the story.

again, personal insults and slights are rather unbecoming, too much passion and ferver about such a trivial subject. one meant to be pleasurable and entertaining at that no expression.

Your the one with the fervour over the subject. I've seen you and debated with you in threads before. It's like your obsessed with proving Hulk is more powerful than he is.
Power on the scale of Beyonder. More powerful than Odin? Don't make me piss myself laughing.

Plot device or no he was stopped by simple technological means and I'll always bring it up in Hulk discussions.

What has Godblasts and Galactus got to dowith any of this? Cosmic, godlike beings compared to Hulk and satllites don't make a logical argument.

Kinkin
Hes just playing with us I'm sure, no one is that stupid believe me.
Just read it, GM is the dead one I think. That right there shows you how BS it is.

Beyonder similar??? laughing out loud You must be joking, no one is this stupid. I think hes just taking the piss lol. Good one, had me there for a second.

Doctor-Alvis

I kind of agree with you. I've never been able to like Hulk for any reason except his ability to look stupid while in promotional ads. He's one of the things I fear and loathe the most - a character with a limited powerset boosted to godlike levels. This is why I don't like Superman either. I keep thinking something should happen if you're just so physically strong that you can knock out characters that can warp reality. Like these characters should become so dense with strength and durability that they themselves become just like the black holes they're punching out with their fists.

They're like characters invented by children, which is semi-excusable for Hulk because, if true, he was an invention of Banner when he was a child. If not true, just as much shame on you, Hulk. But what the crap? You can just punch out time and space? Screw that. When I envision the power scale the high end drifts further away from physicality and more towards mental prowess. When a being becomes so powerful physical power should be meaningless. When I finally read Watchmen when the big Watchmen craze started up Dr. Manhattan is exactly how I pictured someone with immense power being.

Bricks like Hulk and Superman and the like make me lose faith in the gods of comics and comics in general when in those comics your left hook can become so good that you can knock out a skyfather and the skyfathers are dumb enough to let them do it. I guess I'm more disappointed in the people writing the gods. Most of them amount to a scarecrow with a number painted on them. Whichever one you hit tells you how powerful you are.

Maybe this makes a good story to a lot of people but I find it pretty pathetic.

D_Dude1210

I'm sure he's above 13 age-wise.

IQ-wise, I'm not too sure now. big grin

Philosophía
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I'm sure he's above 13 age-wise.
Why ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.