Tadakatsu & Keiji VS Lu Bu & Zhang Fei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
The toughest KOEI warriors from the Warring States of Japan and the Three Kingdoms Era of China go face-to-face in this epic battle!

http://dynastywarriors.neoseeker.com/w/i/dynastywarriors/thumb/3/3e/Tadakatsu_honda_sw2.png/400px-Tadakatsu_honda_sw2.png

Tadakatsu Honda

http://dynastywarriors.neoseeker.com/w/i/dynastywarriors/thumb/5/50/Keiji_maeda_sw2.png/400px-Keiji_maeda_sw2.png

Keiji Maeda

VS

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Crimsondramon/LuBuRender1.png

Lu Bu

http://dynastywarriors.neoseeker.com/w/i/dynastywarriors/thumb/8/8e/Zhang-Fei-DW6-Model1.png/300px-Zhang-Fei-DW6-Model1.png

Zhang Fei

Wei Phoenix
DW team.

Wei Phoenix
Would people respond to this if it had Ganon, Link, Kratos, Starkiller, Dante, Kain or Akuma in it?

Wei Phoenix
Actually upon second thought I think I'd give it to the SW team. Zhang Fei seems like the weak link. IMO Lu Bu could take either of them one on one. However Lu Bu did fight Zhang Fei, Liu Bei, and Guan Yu, but that was on horseback which wouldn't go the same way exactly on foot.

AsbestosFlaygon
bumps

MooCowofJustice
I never noticed this thread.

I think it's hard to say in games if Zhang Fei could take Lu Bu, because he fought him the first time with Guan Yu and Liu Bei. And then in his storyline in 5 he took Lu Bu from Xia Pi castle on his own. I suppose it would depend on what we're using for their feats. But if anyone could take Lu Bu, it'd be Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Xu Zhu, Dian Wei, or possibly Ma Chao.

I'm only going to say the DW team because I know nothing of the other two.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Actually upon second thought I think I'd give it to the SW team. Zhang Fei seems like the weak link. IMO Lu Bu could take either of them one on one. However Lu Bu did fight Zhang Fei, Liu Bei, and Guan Yu, but that was on horseback which wouldn't go the same way exactly on foot.

Zhang Fei is never a weak link in anything.

Lu Bu didn't exactly draw with the three brothers, he was forced to retreat within seconds because he was immediately put on the defensive. Zhang Fei drawed with Lu Bu solo before all three were in the fray as well.

And its not as if they all attacked at exactly the same time really, just one after another, but Lu Bu being able to defend himself for as long as he did is still a feat.

If we are allowed to use the novel that the game is based off of, then we have a battle well after Hu Lao Gate where Lu Bu avoided pressing another duel with Zhang Fei again because he was weighing the risks and felt it wasn't worth it for this battle. This is the same Lu Bu who lived to fight worthy opponents, and yet the prospect of another fight with Zhang Fei was one that made him think more rationally for a change. Granted, Lu Bu declined after killing Dong Zhuo, he started to drink heavily and his physique seemed to slow down from it. So not a prime Lu Bu.

But, the best feat anyone ever had against a prime DZ employed Lu Bu was a 2-eyed Xiahou Dun. He literally fought Lu Bu for hours, from the night till dawn.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
If going by their only comparative games (The Warriors Orochi series), you'd be hard pressed to give either one the edge...

From my own perspective, if I had to pick one, I'd say Lu Bu BARELY takes the edge... if only for that incredible performance at Hu Lao Gate is any indication, the dude practically stalled the entire coalition army solo, and it took the consolidated effort of 4 generals, (3 of which where considered amongst the deadliest of the era) JUST to force him to retreat, and that was AFTER he cut a path of devastation by single handedly demolishing over 10,000 soldiers...

I beleive I had stated this duing the Honda vs Lu Bu thread, and it still applies quite well.

Compared to this, Keiji and Zhang Fei become a near non-issue.

CosmicComet
If anyone is the weak link, it's Keiji.

Zhang Fei was a rookie when he first fought Lu Bu to a draw, he didn't reach his prime until say, Chang Ban, in which he single-handedly kept Cao Cao's force (I think it was a million man army) from advancing past the bridge because they were literally too scared of him to do it.

Zhang Fei is a bad bad man. Hell, Honda has been called Japan's Zhang Fei.

MooCowofJustice
I did not know these things. But Zhang Fei is awesome, so I am now glad that I know them.

CosmicComet
Zhang Fei looks like a monster in DW7. I like the spiky flat top he has now. I didn't really like how he looked in DW6 and 5. In 4 he looked cool, but 7 is the best so far.

MooCowofJustice
Haven't seen it yet.

CosmicComet
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5933/2132441250.jpg

MooCowofJustice
Bitchin'.

Who else is coming in the next update that I dunno about?

CosmicComet
They haven't revealed Xu Huang properly yet.

For all the props that Dian Wei gets, Xu Huang has the better dueling ability--somewhat.

Dian Wei and Xu Huang both fought Xu Zhu with no winner, but when Dian Wei fought Xu Zhu, Xu Zhu was the one on the offensive, Dian Wei was slower to press his attacks and had to defend.

When Xu Huang fought Xu Zhu, they were completely even.

MooCowofJustice
Just Xu Huang and Zhang Fei then?

CosmicComet
nah there's more. gan ning, huang gai, diao chan, im sure im missing someone else.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Zhang Fei is never a weak link in anything.

Lu Bu didn't exactly draw with the three brothers, he was forced to retreat within seconds because he was immediately put on the defensive. Zhang Fei drawed with Lu Bu solo before all three were in the fray as well.

And its not as if they all attacked at exactly the same time really, just one after another, but Lu Bu being able to defend himself for as long as he did is still a feat.

If we are allowed to use the novel that the game is based off of, then we have a battle well after Hu Lao Gate where Lu Bu avoided pressing another duel with Zhang Fei again because he was weighing the risks and felt it wasn't worth it for this battle. This is the same Lu Bu who lived to fight worthy opponents, and yet the prospect of another fight with Zhang Fei was one that made him think more rationally for a change. Granted, Lu Bu declined after killing Dong Zhuo, he started to drink heavily and his physique seemed to slow down from it. So not a prime Lu Bu.

But, the best feat anyone ever had against a prime DZ employed Lu Bu was a 2-eyed Xiahou Dun. He literally fought Lu Bu for hours, from the night till dawn.

I don't think it's fair to include feats from the novel, although I have read both and loved both volumes, that being said, the books were very Pro-Shu. Guan Yu did not kill Hua Xiong for example.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I did not know these things. But Zhang Fei is awesome, so I am now glad that I know them.

Meh, in the books he was a huge drinker and was assassinated in his sleep by some of his underlings after wrongfully beating them.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
They haven't revealed Xu Huang properly yet.

For all the props that Dian Wei gets, Xu Huang has the better dueling ability--somewhat.

Dian Wei and Xu Huang both fought Xu Zhu with no winner, but when Dian Wei fought Xu Zhu, Xu Zhu was the one on the offensive, Dian Wei was slower to press his attacks and had to defend.

When Xu Huang fought Xu Zhu, they were completely even.

There was also the Zhu vs Chao fight in the novels, he was pretty impressive there.

Omega Vision
DW team ftw, Lu Bu is the greatest Koei character of them all. uhuh

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Omega Vision
DW team ftw, Lu Bu is the greatest Koei character of them all. uhuh

Xiahou Dun is Koei's resident bad ass.uhuh

MooCowofJustice
Pang Tong gets his ancient chinese Yoda on and beats them both senseless.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I don't think it's fair to include feats from the novel, although I have read both and loved both volumes, that being said, the books were very Pro-Shu. Guan Yu did not kill Hua Xiong for example.

Why is it not fair? It's what the games are based off of.

Guan Yu killed Hua Xiong in the games too for example.

The reason why the novel should be fair to use for feats is because in the games themselves its hard to get a true feel for everyone's level because differentiating feats (and feats as a whole) are scarce within the games. We see anyone being able to take out dozens of peons at a time, so it doesn't tell us much in the end. We don't see a too many cutscenes of canon duels.

I think its also fair to use the novel because they are just as superhuman in the novel as they are in the games--barring the female characters.

Wei Phoenix
It's not fair in this instance because the opposition has very little feats to go off of as well. If we were debating to Dynasty characters then I'd be all for it, but unless there is a Sengoku book.

I know Guan Yu takes out Hua Xiong in the game as well, but I was just stating how the book really wanks Shu. If we do use the books then DW wins by a long mile.

CosmicComet
When you put it that way, I can agree.

Who else from the novel would you add to the games?

Wei Phoenix
Wu Tugu first off, he's described as some like 10 foot tall Goliath.

Guo Jia, I loved him in the book and Dynasty Tactics.

Yu and Yue Jin. I would say Xiahou Ba but they already added him for 7.

Cheng Pu.

CosmicComet
I think all the Nanman officers should look unique, as they only have one stage, but I don't think we need a new playable one.

Love Guo Jia but don't know how necessary he is anymore with Jia Xu being added.

Yu/Yue Jin yeah definitely. Yuan Shu too.

As far as elite tier warriors go, the best person left is Cao Zhang. Would make Cao Pi look like the pansy brother.

Wei Phoenix
Well Cao Cao said "If only I had Guo Jia." In regards to the battle at Chi Bi. He was also responsible for Cao Cao's rise and conquest of the northern/He Bei region.

Guo Jia is awesome.

iUByNRKRd6o

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.