Dr. Manhattan vs Korvac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I saw the Watchmen, and Manhattan just seemed to be on the level... who wins this?

iceman24567
Korvac one shots 10/10

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Korvac one shots 10/10

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Korvac one shots 10/10

Really... why? I have to admit I don't know much about the Watchmen, but isn't Manhattan a high level cosmic?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Stoic
Really... why? I have to admit I don't know much about the Watchmen, but isn't Manhattan a high level cosmic?
In Carver's mind.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
In Carver's mind. laughing out loud

guy222
The Enemy wins

Philosophía
Originally posted by Enyalus
In Carver's mind.

Carver. Watchmen. Really ?

Besides, he's a dc character, so he probably sees him somewhere around Spiderman level.

iceman24567

Enyalus

Endless Mike
Surfer could probably beat Doctor Manhattan, Korvac stomps him

Harbinger

guysangel
Michael Korvac

Stoic
Bump

Stoic
Weird but I have a friend that mentioned that at one time, Captain Atom and Dr. Manhattan were one and the same. He also mentioned that they weren't owned by DC yet.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Stoic
Bump

Lol. Manhattan ices the Living Tribunal, much less Korvac.

Galan007
thumb up

Insert Manhattan into Marvel continuity, and he'd be the most powerful being in the company by orders of magnitude.

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Insert Manhattan into Marvel continuity, and he'd be the most powerful being in the company by orders of magnitude.

Where do you think Manhattan rank in DC? Perpetua level? Lucifer or Empty Hand level?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by MrMind
Where do you think Manhattan rank in DC? Perpetua level? Lucifer or Empty Hand level? He, by feat is what pre retcon Beyonder was supposed to be. An omnipotent being brought beyond.

Galan007

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MrMind
Where do you think Manhattan rank in DC? Perpetua level? Lucifer or Empty Hand level?

Manhattan is pretty explicitly a peer of Perpetua. So probably below Lucifer, possibly above Empty Hand? Hard to say where EH stands relative to Perpetua.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Old Man Whirly!
If we take the statements made about Manhattan being superior to Mxy at face value(which I do), then yeah, he'd be above just about everyone this side of TOAA.

That said, I was moreso referring to current Marvel. Yup, he came from outside... only something Meta can be greater than him. I still hated the way DC brought him mainstream, but it is what it is.

Galan007

MrMind
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Manhattan is pretty explicitly a peer of Perpetua. So probably below Lucifer, possibly above Empty Hand? Hard to say where EH stands relative to Perpetua.

EH stomped darkseid

the same darkseid that destroyed the quintessence with ease

I don't see how empty hand is inferior to perpetua in any way.

EH destroyed a multiverse off panel the first time he was introduced at multiversity

he was represented as the reader, though this morrison interpretation is not being used currently

MrMind
Wasn't current Owen beaten by Griever, who feared the power of Franklin... or has that been retconned? Haven't really been keeping up.

as far as I can tell, the last time molecule man appeared he was killed by griever and that was like 2-3 years ago

Old Man Whirly!
I liked the concept of griever, the idea she was the end of everything and who better to stop molecules than the living embodiment of Entrophy? I don't see it as a low loss for Owen. It makes sense tbh.

Galan007
My takeaway from that whole thing is that Griever(who beat/killed Owen) explicitly feared Franklin's power... Like, she didn't even want to make herself known until Franklin's power had been gimped, iirc.

...And Franklin is universal.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

MrMind
what are some high showings of MM that measures up to Mxy?

other than the vague "multiverse in a box" showing, which could easily just be a visual representation

Galan007
@Supreme

Can't quote you, so will just respond to a few of your points...

1.) The Mxy featured in Snyder's JL run was explicitly weakened as a result of the Source Wall breaking. Therefore his showings are not indicative of what a "full power" Mxy can accomplish.

2.) Regardless of the power Owen was channeling at his peak, I'm pretty sure it was reiterated that he couldn't actually use that power to any noteworthy degree. He was essentially *just* a battery.

3.) Greiver, as far as I can recall, explicitly feared Franklin's power, to the point where she didn't dare emerge until his power had been massively gimped -- and Franklin is pretty solidly capped at universal. So regardless of of any statements made about Griever's function as an abstract entity, the fact that she fears universal levels of power is telling.

4.) You can use low showings to diminish Manhattan's accolades. That's fine. Just saying that in my opinion, if you placed Manhattan into current Marvel, I believe he would be magnitudes above basically everyone. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.