Meta Knight vs Marth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
the cut scene was interesting in brawl. who wins this sword fight?
and techs involving swords can be used.

XanatosForever
...****, I hate to say it, but Meta Knight wins this one, I think.

Obsidian Fury
I don't know much about Marth, but Meta Knight is incredibly skilled with the sword.

Ridley_Prime
Poor Marth =(...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Poor Marth =(...

Poor Marth? Marth fights armies and dragons and sorcery. MK to my knowledge hasn't beaten Kirby yet with a sword. Both lack real feats imo because of the platform of their games especially FE.

MooCowofJustice
Meta Knight beats Galacta Knight, the most powerful warrior who ever lived.

MK wins. I don't even think Marth was a good unit in his original game. In the newer one he's supposedly a lot better, and less gay. But still, intergalactic space warrior that moves at uber speeds > Marth.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Meta Knight beats Galacta Knight, the most powerful warrior who ever lived.

MK wins. I don't even think Marth was a good unit in his original game. In the newer one he's supposedly a lot better, and less gay. But still, intergalactic space warrior that moves at uber speeds > Marth.

Most powerful in his universe. Personal experience with Marth doesn't count here.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Most powerful in his universe. Personal experience with Marth doesn't count here.

Armies and sorcery is something MK deals with as well. And Kirby is a galactic champion and master swordsman, so not winning against him is by no means an implication that he's no good with the blade.

Ridley_Prime
Err... okay. I guess this battle really could go either way. srug Admittedly though, there were some things about Marth I forgot about at first due to not playing much Fire Emblem, so my bad.

Cyner
Meta Knight wins if this is SSBB

however...

as powerful as Metaknight is he is a mere 8 inches tall, and will wield nowhere near the power of Marth if they were to fight. Marth also wields Falchion a magical blade that was forged from a dragon's fang. Falchion can also be used to heal it's wielder.

By feats, I just had Marth one shot a dragon yesterday :P
and no it wasn't a critical.

MooCowofJustice
MK's sword is Galaxia Darkness, it is also a magical sword. He teleports with his cape, creates a tornado whenever he wants, throws up shock waves by stabbing his sword into the ground, can send out projectile slashes, and can even fly with his cape.

I'll admit Marth has skill, but MK's just has too many abilities. I'd go as far as to say that MK is faster too.

Cyner
MK's sword is Galaxia Darkness, it is also a magical sword. He teleports with his cape, creates a tornado whenever he wants, throws up shock waves by stabbing his sword into the ground, can send out projectile slashes, and can even fly with his cape.

I'll admit Marth has skill, but MK's just has too many abilities. I'd go as far as to say that MK is faster too.

Oh I know MK's abilities, but due to his size Marth is going to be able to out space him or get in hit's without retaliation. Also I doubt that MK is faster when Marth is getting two turns against every single enemy he fights. it's like the Shankfest 500 out there. It's never mentioned that Marth has super human strength but I would imagine that in order to kill a dragon, even with a very sharp blade it probably takes a little more strength than the average man possesses.

MooCowofJustice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBCgY1EautA&feature=related

Around 3:32 you can see Meta Knight fly away from the ship. Considering the distance and how fast Meta Knight flies away from the crashing ship, he's booking pretty fast.

Even before that, watch as Kirby rides Wheelie down the ship. Considering the velocity of the falling ship, and adding that to how fast Kirby is going across it as the ship falls, Meta Knight is flying pretty fast there as well too. He even speeds up to get ahead of Kirby again at some points.

I'm sure Marth is stronger than a normal human, but so is everyone in every Fire Emblem game. They can all hurt dragon soldiers, and I'm not including weapons advantages.

ares834
Metaknight wins... Especially in SSBB.

NemeBro
The amount of gameplay mechanics people are using as evidence in this thread is disgusting...

MooCowofJustice
mine wuz cutseen. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But in all honesty, I think MK is a way faster than Marth.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Cyner
Meta Knight wins if this is SSBB

however...

as powerful as Metaknight is he is a mere 8 inches tall, and will wield nowhere near the power of Marth if they were to fight. Marth also wields Falchion a magical blade that was forged from a dragon's fang. Falchion can also be used to heal it's wielder.

By feats, I just had Marth one shot a dragon yesterday :P
and no it wasn't a critical.
Oh I know MK's abilities, but due to his size Marth is going to be able to out space him or get in hit's without retaliation. Also I doubt that MK is faster when Marth is getting two turns against every single enemy he fights. it's like the Shankfest 500 out there. It's never mentioned that Marth has super human strength but I would imagine that in order to kill a dragon, even with a very sharp blade it probably takes a little more strength than the average man possesses.

Cyner....what your Marth can do has nothing to do with this. Just because your Marth can ohko dragons doesn't mean Marth can. I can play that game and not ohko him and say that he can't win because my Marth can't kill dragons. Getting two hits on enemies means nothing here either because thats all based on random stats.

Cyner
Well there are no "cutscenes" or anything but gameplay to go on from both games. What tools would you suggest one argue with?

Since Nintendo isn't a company that uses cutscenes much what you have to take is usually from gameplay. Maybe they should make a movie and call it a cutscene where all their characters perform their greatest feats. I think that the fact that lollolcutscenes is all that matters around here is stupid...

We are the biggest bunch of nerds and fanboys I have ever seen sitting around arguing which videogame character would defeat another...

Also, Marth always has a high speed stat to start with.

Q'Anilia
Well there are no "cutscenes" or anything but gameplay to go on from both games. What tools would you suggest one argue with?

Since Nintendo isn't a company that uses cutscenes much what you have to take is usually from gameplay. Maybe they should make a movie and call it a cutscene where all their characters perform their greatest feats. I think that the fact that lollolcutscenes is all that matters around here is stupid...

We are the biggest bunch of nerds and fanboys I have ever seen sitting around arguing which videogame character would defeat another...

Also, Marth always has a high speed stat to start with.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/RayRaySerza5/Avatars/FuuFacePalm.gif

Cutscenes is not all that matter, but it is the second most legit proof of feats. Gameplay comes 4th or 5th and should be interpreted with a big pinch of salt and grave consideration.

NemeBro
Well there are no "cutscenes" or anything but gameplay to go on from both games. What tools would you suggest one argue with? Don't argue them at all.

MooCowofJustice
mine wuz cutseen. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But in all honesty, I think MK is a way faster than Marth.

Cyner
Originally posted by NemeBro
Don't argue them at all.

that is a very good point, I think Nemebro wins this arguement

LLLLLink
Isnt Kirby and MK like, 8 inches tall or something? Did I make that up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.