Deathwing Vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obsidian Fury
I imagined this could be a good fight. Neither one is strong enough, or have a strong enough attack to kill the other in a single hit. Kratos will not have his time powers, so that's an advantage he does not have. He may have BoO under the condition that only his feats with the blade counts, despite it having mighty feats in the past.

Burning thought
Hm, Interesting I guess, although what feats does Deathwing even have? I hear claims about the Demon soul but thats not him, thats an item he is using and I doubt you give him it in this fight considering it could prob defeat Kratos fairly easily.

Kratos have to combine his lightning powers, Hades souls and typhons bane to take Deathwing on in the air, although if Kratos gets on top of Deathwing then I dont think the dragon has much of a chance.

Obsidian Fury
There will be no Demon Soul. I imagine that would be quite the unfair advantage.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
Hm, Interesting I guess, although what feats does Deathwing even have?

Deathwing has some feats that will prove useful in this fight. His adamantium skin is durable enough to hold lava back and he can take the direct impact of a large red dragon (Krasus) without actually losing much focus. He was strong enough to beat another grown red dragon with only one arm while protecting Rhonin during Day of the Dragon.

His speed allow him to move from out of sight, to the ground and out of sight again in only a few seconds at most. His tailswipe can bring down a stone fortress and his size dwarves a regular adult dragon.

Those are physical stats. He also knows a good deal of magic.

Burning thought
Hm he does not seem impressive enough to take on Kratos, and his form would be a problem for him, being large will make kratos his bane, and with the blade of Olmypus in hand he could destroy the dragon, so Deathwings best bet is to keep at range, nothing in their right mind should get close to Kratos who even at his weakest was durable enough to take an enormous spear tossed from around the world.

Q'Anilia
What makes Blade of Olympus so dangerous? I don't see Deathwing being bested so easily in an melee encounter. Kratos is strong and endurant, but that can be said about Neltharion as well. While perhaps not as strong as Kratos, he has strength enough to prove a nuisance. That's only his physical attributes though.

Burning thought
It has the power of both heaven, Earth and Kratos' godlyhood inside it, backed by Kratos' strength it would carve through Deathwing like jelley. It can be said but as you said, not his equel. Kratos could also use his lightning, hades souls and the beams from the blade of Olmypus to keep the dragon off him while its in flight.

The beams from the blade can slice right through Bronze with ease, I cant see Deathwing surviving it.

Does Kratos get blades of Chaos/Athena I wonder?

Obsidian Fury
He only get one weapon. Whichever one makes it most even.

Q'Anilia
The beams from the blade can slice right through Bronze with ease, I cant see Deathwing surviving it.

Bronze? That's garbage metal. It's not even close to one of the strongest matters on Azeroth, and Deathwing is clad in adamantium, the second strongest matter so far. Slicing bronze like butter is far from enough to penetrate adamantium.

Burning thought
Who says he would attack Adamantium? he could aim for Deathwings face, eyes, mouth, uncovered areas. The adamantium itself is just plating put on by what was it, goblin engineers or something? because of the demon souls effect on him.

Q'Anilia
Bronze is less endurant than the skin of a dragon, I guess I should add too. Deathwing's face is clad in adamantium. A majority of his body has adamantium scales, a necessity to not have his body erupt lava. Everywhere a bloodvein runs there has to be adamantium to avoid eruption. He's more adamantium than not, which is enough to give Kratos problem. Deathwing is swift and strong, and also smart enough to not expose himself.

Burning thought
Where is it stated his face is of adamantium, the image of him ive seen only shows his back covered, not his face or wings. If he uses the blades of Chaos this would be easy, all he has to do is get a grip with them and lodge them into Deathwing then climb aboard, he gets a new mount without even having to pay the flight training fee.

Q'Anilia
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/a/a0/Deathwingportraitwar2.JPG

Burning thought
hm looks like a helmet, like how the bottom of his neck is not clad. It seems to me however....does this Adamantium actually have feats of strength/durability?

Q'Anilia
hm looks like a helmet, like how the bottom of his neck is not clad. It seems to me however....does this Adamantium actually have feats of strength/durability?

Except enduring lava and have spells dissolve in futility upon impact on Deathwing, no. Deathwing has rarely needed his armor for other than protection from himself. Adamantium is the second most durable metal on Azeroth after saronite is about the only things known about it.

Burning thought
hmm, sketchy. Well anyway I am sure a sword with the power of 2 Gods and major elements of the GOW universe that has wiped out armies and sliced through Gods itself with ease should be able to damage and outright destroy Deathwing fairly easily despite his sketchy armour, Kratos could always try and de-wing Neltharian and then strangle the life out of the lizard.

Q'Anilia
Power of two Gods and major elements is irrelevant. Having wiped out armies is irrelevant. The only thing relevant is slicing through Gods, so all we need then is to learn what Gods he chopped to bits and how durable these Gods were.

ArtificialGlory
hmm, sketchy. Well anyway I am sure a sword with the power of 2 Gods and major elements of the GOW universe that has wiped out armies and sliced through Gods itself with ease should be able to damage and outright destroy Deathwing fairly easily despite his sketchy armour, Kratos could always try and de-wing Neltharian and then strangle the life out of the lizard.

The Blade of Olympus has only wiped out armies while in Zeus's possession. It isn't quite nearly as impressive when Kratos is wielding it.

Burning thought
Zeus, Zeus was not actually damagable by the weapons seen against him, the mortals attacking him at the beginning of GOW 2 and having large pillars dropped on him did no bodily damage. And the power is relevent because each of the gods could wipe out armies by themselves, if their power is within the blade then obvioulsy its powerful. The fact Zeus who can control lightning as an element and stands as tall as a mountain would spend so much time creating a sword to use in the first place speaks volumes about the blades ability and its only got more powerful since then.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The Blade of Olympus has only wiped out armies while in Zeus's possession. It isn't quite nearly as impressive when Kratos is wielding it.

True altho the power is still in the blade, whether Kratos can actually do that move or not is irrelvent tbh, the power itself is still in the blade.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

As I said in the opening post, it only has feats that Kratos has accomplished with it.

Q'Anilia
Zeus, Zeus was not actually damagable by the weapons
and having large pillars dropped on him did no bodily damage

Relevant, although inadequate to prove anything.

And the power is relevent because each of the gods could wipe out armies by themselves, if their power is within the blade then obvioulsy its powerful. The fact Zeus who can control lightning as an element and stands as tall as a mountain would spend so much time creating a sword to use in the first place speaks volumes about the blades ability and its only got more powerful since then.

Utterly irrelevant.

Burning thought
Why? Zeus could grab Deathwing with a hand and squeeze him until he bursts....yet a Sword crafted by the same being and empowered by others of similiar power should be weaker?

That would be like Neltharian going through all the trouble to make the Demon soul only to have it spray bubble wrap at his enemies

ArtificialGlory
Why? Zeus could grab Deathwing with a hand and squeeze him until he bursts....yet a Sword crafted by the same being and empowered by others of similiar power should be weaker?

It does seem to be much weaker in Kratos's possession. Maybe the Blade only truly answers to its creator...

Burning thought
Although that would be an unfair assumtion, although your idea has merit I admit, we can only dicuss it, we could never know.

maybe it takes a certain technique to use that army destroying spell although if were fair about it, Kratos has never been up against an army to use the sword on...

He only has the BoO for a short duration, against the Colossus and against Zeus.

ArtificialGlory
Although that would be an unfair assumtion, although your idea has merit I admit, we can only dicuss it, we could never know.

maybe it takes a certain technique to use that army destroying spell although if were fair about it, Kratos has never been up against an army to use the sword on...

He only has the BoO for a short duration, against the Colossus and against Zeus.

True that, but still... Kratos attacked the Colossus with some relatively weaksauce lightning bolts instead of turning it into a pile of crap with some massive energy/lightning strike, like shown in the intro video.

Also, it doesn't take a superhuman or a supernatural blade to cut through bronze.

Burning thought
No but it was just a beam that blasted through with ease, I just pointed it out. The blade itself is obviously more powerful than that considering it can wipe armies, thing is Kratos may not know how to do that particulour power, but the power is still in the blade which means it would certainly cause carnage with Kratos' strength behind it.

Although the strategy of De-winging the dragon and strangling it to death is prob the most obvious tactic Kratos could take considering the basis behind the blades power is mostly educated speculation.

The Valiant
It has the power of both heaven, Earth and Kratos' godlyhood inside it, backed by Kratos' strength it would carve through Deathwing like jelley. It can be said but as you said, not his equel. Kratos could also use his lightning, hades souls and the beams from the blade of Olmypus to keep the dragon off him while its in flight.

Does Kratos get blades of Chaos/Athena I wonder?

It was created from Heaven and Earth, but it has the power of Zeus. It didn't seem to be any stronger when Kratos did put his godly energies inside The Blade.

He was only a giant made of either bronze or copper made mobile, his skin wasn't hardened. Nonething impressive, really.

Funny how you say Zeus can grab Deathwing, but you think Kain can solo the GoW Universe, in other words, Zeus (or a Titan?) can't grab Kain.

Burning thought
No because Deathwing is large and big enough for a Gods hand to fairly easily clasp, not to mention Kain could just mist or teleport to escape such a fate. Although the main point wasnt to do with Zeus defeating Deathwing, the point was that a God large enough and powerful enough to defeat vast armies by himself actually took time creating a sword of all his power. Obviouly he wouldnt waste his time.

NemeBro
Kratos can physically make Deathwing a little paraplegic girl. The man who resisted being crushed by Ares is stronger than Deathwing.

He has better reflexes as well, blocking and deflecting lightning.

The Blade of Olympus still contains the same power inside the blade as when Zeus used it. Although Kratos may not be able to use the same blast having less experience with the blade, it still contains the raw power.

And as for the Collossus of Rhodes being made of Bronze, yeah, it was, but it was then enchanted by Zeus, and it was able to take Kratos' best blows. Unless you are saying Kratos cannot cut through bronze, it is clearly much more durable than normal bronze.

Burning thought
When did he resist being crushed by Ares? unless you mean Atlas?

NemeBro
When did he resist being crushed by Ares? unless you mean Atlas? Yeah, typo, meant Atlas.

Q'Anilia
I'm not denying Kratos physical superiority, but Deathwing is no weakling. Judging from what I've seen of Kratos, Deathwing is at least faster. Although Deathwing chance of winning this is not based on his physical attributes, but rather his magical.

Q'Anilia
For what it's worth, I read Deathwing able the following just now:

- Disable time manipulation (Reverted Nozdormu's attacks on him)
- Empowered bolts of lightning is deflected from the mere endurance of his skin (Malygos creating a thunderstorm, having hundreds of lightning bolts strike Deathwing with no effect while blasting him with ice)
- Blocked mental assaults (Ysera proved ineffective at entering his mind. Ysera can utterly destroy a mind but couldn't touch his)
- Able giving out an immediate attack strong enough to one-shot Malygos, Nozdormu and Ysera in the one and same attack.

- Fast and strong enough to beat Malygos, Nozdormu and Ysera in a physical clash, all on him at the same time.

ArtificialGlory
I'm sure he can't one-shot three other Aspects without the Demon Soul. I could be wrong, though.

Q'Anilia
He didn't have the Demon Soul. He tanked each one of their attacks and then finished it with a single attack of his own, defeating all three. Alexstrasza ended up defeating him.

Obsidian Fury
How did Alexstrasza of all aspects beat him?

Q'Anilia
Alexstrasza defeated Deathwing with ...

no expression

A mothers love

ScreamPaste
Something Kratos doesn't have access to! laughing

Q'Anilia
It's probably the strangest defeat I've seen in any fictional battle.

NemeBro
Then you have never watched Digimon.

ScreamPaste
That is very strange.. But of all the weaknesses possible, it's kind of an unlikely one to come across in a 1v1 battle with an angsty murderous spartan god-killer.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Something Kratos doesn't have access to! laughing can't kratos get Hera to do something like that? or Gaia?

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by NemeBro
Then you have never watched Digimon.

What defeat can be more strange than a mothers love? no expression

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
can't kratos get Hera to do something like that? or Gaia? In a 1v1? erm

Q'Anilia
stick out tongue

Phanteros
damn it!!!

Q'Anilia
"I have faced the ravages of time, the curse of nightmares, and the mists of sorcery, thanks to the others! What weapons do you bring?"
"Life . . . hope . . . and what they bring with them"

And the mighty Deathwing get defeated and escapes.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
What defeat can be more strange than a mothers love? no expression A bunch of kids revealing what they want to do when they grow up(their dreams) which in turn disintegrates the bad guy who was in the process of destroying the world(I think, been a while).

"I wanna be a doctor!"

"I wanna sell noodles!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" *Dies*

Q'Anilia
Alright, that's pretty strange too no expression

ScreamPaste
laughing

Phanteros
Darth Bane was defeated was defeated because revan talked to much.
(don't remember if it was him or someone else)

Q'Anilia
Darth Bane was defeated was defeated because revan talked to much.
(don't remember if it was him or someone else)

Excuse me? no expression Do we even know how Bane died? stick out tongue

Phanteros
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Excuse me? no expression Do we even know how Bane died? stick out tongue nevermind the person die that revan killed by talking too much was Sion.

NemeBro
That was not Revan, that was the Jedi Exile.

Q'Anilia
nevermind the person die that revan killed by talking too much was Sion.

The Exile talked Darth Sion to death, but that's only partially true. The Exile convinced Sion that it was a life not worth living, so Sion freed his mind and fell.

Q'Anilia
While we're on the Star Wars subject I want to point out that Darth Maul killed someone by allowing him to read his mind stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.