Odin/Surtur w/Twilight vs Uatu/Aron the Roge Watcher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
big grin confused stick out tongue wink

KillAll
surtur IMO.

Slaanesh
Watcher

guy222
be interesting

uatu and odin met once

Enyalus
Yeah. Seems like Uatu was superior to Odin from their interaction. Or at least Uatu's cosmic awareness was greater than Odin's.

Probably go with the Watchers here.

guy222
leaning towards the watchers

Utrigita
Going with the Watchers.

They are powerful enough to keep the Celestials at bay for Eons even though the Celestial had already passed judgement. Also the most recent interaction between Uatu and Tiamut lead me to believe that they regard each other as closely equals.

guy222
Gaiman's run Uatu couldn't watch

In the Brother's tale, seem to be friends

Xplosive
Originally posted by Utrigita
Going with the Watchers.

They are powerful enough to keep the Celestials at bay for Eons even though the Celestial had already passed judgement. Also the most recent interaction between Uatu and Tiamut lead me to believe that they regard each other as closely equals.

Really? Close? I haven't read it. If Uatu is so powerful, then Rulk KO on him makes thing even tastier for Rulk. I mean, Uatu didn't prepare for that elbow, but still, bring that powerful it shouldn't have KOed him out cold and make his face like that. But then again, Rulk proved that was no coincidence since he crushed Grandamster and did many worthy things.

I still think Tiamut is clearly above Uatu. But he probably has respect for him. Uatu had his moments though.

And team 2 wins in this case.

guy222
Tiamut easily dismissed Uatu. Then, they sort of became friends

Agree...Tiamut>Uatu

And Rulk...he's LoebRulkTastic

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
Really? Close? I haven't read it. If Uatu is so powerful, then Rulk KO on him makes thing even tastier for Rulk. I mean, Uatu didn't prepare for that elbow, but still, bring that powerful it shouldn't have KOed him out cold and make his face like that. But then again, Rulk proved that was no coincidence since he crushed Grandamster and did many worthy things.

I still think Tiamut is clearly above Uatu. But he probably has respect for him. Uatu had his moments though.

And team 2 wins in this case.

We all know that Rulk would stomp Tiamut 131

I disagree but anyway we agree on the outcome.

guy222
Tiamut vs Rulk...Sounds like a new thread laughing out loud

Xplosive
Rulk could hold, about one second.

guy222
Should I make it hmm

Enyalus
Please don't, lol.

guy222
stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah. Seems like Uatu was superior to Odin from their interaction. Or at least Uatu's cosmic awareness was greater than Odin's.

Probably go with the Watchers here.

really? i'd sort of read it the other way. the watcher seemed to defer to odin. i think i'd give a very slight edge to the asgardians here, but VERY slight . . .

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
really? i'd sort of read it the other way. the watcher seemed to defer to odin. i think i'd give a very slight edge to the asgardians here, but VERY slight . . .
Just a bit of interaction I'll type out, 'cause I don't have it electronically to upload:

Uatu: You are aware of the tragedy lying beyond the horizon of tomorrow, Odin. A tragedy dwarfing the one you now watch on Earth.

Odin: Aye, I am aware. The certainty of future is an animal ne'er tamed! But Odin is no slave to visions which might ne'er come to pass!

Uatu: All must choose their own paths to walk, Omnipotent One.

Odin: Speak NOT to me in riddles, Watcher. 'Tis answers I crave! Assurances that whatever course I take -- the results shall be acceptable!

Uatu: Answers are not mine to give. I am but a Watcher...a chronicler of history.

Odin: Thou art much more, observer! Thy very appearance is ominous indeed! ....

I mean, to me, Odin was looking for Uatu for answers to the questions he was having, and clearly believed Uatu could give them to him. That would imply that his Cosmic Awareness is greater than Odin's...and probably that his power is higher. Uatu even tells Odin that Odin fears the consequences of allowing Thor to live, to which Odin doesn't actually disagree. Meh.

I took it as Uatu being above Odin. stick out tongue

guy222
Watchers

jinzin
I fail to see how a vampire/teen romance novel is going to help Odin and Surtur.

Enyalus
Originally posted by jinzin
I fail to see how a vampire/teen romance novel is going to help Odin and Surtur.
laughing out loud

But really, that pop culture reference = sick

leonidas
Just a bit of interaction I'll type out, 'cause I don't have it electronically to upload:

Uatu: You are aware of the tragedy lying beyond the horizon of tomorrow, Odin. A tragedy dwarfing the one you now watch on Earth.

Odin: Aye, I am aware. The certainty of future is an animal ne'er tamed! But Odin is no slave to visions which might ne'er come to pass!

Uatu: All must choose their own paths to walk, Omnipotent One.

Odin: Speak NOT to me in riddles, Watcher. 'Tis answers I crave! Assurances that whatever course I take -- the results shall be acceptable!

Uatu: Answers are not mine to give. I am but a Watcher...a chronicler of history.

Odin: Thou art much more, observer! Thy very appearance is ominous indeed! ....

I mean, to me, Odin was looking for Uatu for answers to the questions he was having, and clearly believed Uatu could give them to him. That would imply that his Cosmic Awareness is greater than Odin's...and probably that his power is higher. Uatu even tells Odin that Odin fears the consequences of allowing Thor to live, to which Odin doesn't actually disagree. Meh.

I took it as Uatu being above Odin. stick out tongue

maybe. i suppose not much can really be gleaned. i remembered the omnipotent line. odin also seemed to be somewhat demanding in the interchange, even though uatu wasn't forthcoming--in fact, i doubt uatu knew either. his cosmic awareness may or may not be greater. odin knows that watchers watch the entire multiverse though, something a single lord of asgard certainly couldn't do. may be simply that the watchers know more because of their station as opposed to any greater level of power or awareness.

anywho, going by feats, methinks team odin should win but it would likely be very close every time. now, just accept my opinion as truth and have done!

big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
anywho, going by feats, methinks team odin should win but it would likely be very close every time. now, just accept my opinion as truth and have done!

big grin

I've got no problems with that. Odin and Surtur are infinitely cooler than large-headed infant-looking dudes suffering from a serious case of apathy.

guy222
Dammit, I forgot to put the u in Rogue

leonidas
I've got no problems with that. Odin and Surtur are infinitely cooler than large-headed infant-looking dudes suffering from a serious case of apathy.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Originally posted by guy222
Dammit, I forgot to put the u in Rogue

is my monitor f'd or did guy . . . just . . . curse? no expression

jawdrop

Enyalus
lol, Guy did just swear. OMG.

Teh apocalypse is here!!

guy222
laughing out loud

stick out tongue

guysangel
U are silly my love

hug4

Watchers FTW

Lord Feron
Watchers, and easily imo. Oh yeah F*** Rulk...

Hyperion Prime
Seemed to me Uatu was superior to Odin. He appeared in Asgard and pretty much went right past Hemidall and into the heart of Asgard. I beleive the watchers would take Asgard. All the God Panthons could not even stop the Celestials. As was already stated the Celestials and Watchers have been fighting for eons.

guy222
They have

BruceSkywalker
Watchers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.