Superman, Gladiator vs. Sentry, Mon-el.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Superman-current
Gladiator- full confidence

vs

Sentry-current assuming he's at his standard power level
Mon-el-current

Fights on abandoned world.

Wild Shadow
team one take it sentry is the weak link and gets ko'ed right out the gate.

Mindset
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
team one take it sentry is the weak link and gets ko'ed right out the gate. Yea right

Enyalus
Team One. Every time.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea right

why wouldnt he?

Mindset
Because he can take hits from WWH.

Wild Shadow
last i check he still isnt remotely close to a DC brick like supes,,

Enyalus
Then, you haven't checked.

tkitna
Team 2 due to Sentry

Sin I AM
lol sentry is not superman level yet, hes superman-like, but nowhere near equal

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol sentry is not superman level yet, hes superman-like, but nowhere near equal
You're right. Marvel had better not lower him to that level, either. He's best where he's at: as Kal's superior in every sense of the word.

smile

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Enyalus
You're right. Marvel had better not lower him to that level, either. He's best where he's at: as Kal's superior in every sense of the word.

smile

lol, u are clever arent u eny poo stick out tongue , but team 2 still gets stomped suger plum

Enyalus
lol, u are clever arent u eny poo stick out tongue
Yes. Yes I am. Glad you've noticed. stick out tongue

Was just seeing what its like to live in tkitna's world for a change.

but team 2 still gets stomped suger plum
Agreed. Both members of Team One are above either member of Team Two.

Mindset

Then, you haven't checked.

thumb up

Sin I AM

Yes. Yes I am. Glad you've noticed. stick out tongue

Was just seeing what its like to live in tkitna's world for a change.

Agreed. Both members of Team One are above either member of Team Two.

love

Enyalus
thumb up
I thought you'd like that. I stole the line from you, afterall.

Mindset
I thought it sounded good. smile

Wild Shadow
sigh.. you guys had me confused on sentry's power level so i double checked the sentry's respect thread and sure enough he is still a spaz..

Mindset
We were talking about WWH strength in relation to Supes/Glads, which is comparatively close.

Therefore, Sentry is not getting koed right out of the gate, as you said.

Wild Shadow
We were talking about WWH strength in relation to Supes/Glads, which is comparatively close.

Therefore, Sentry is not getting koed right out of the gate, as you said.

hmm.. i am not convinced, sentry took some punches from an earth shaker and somehow we are supposed to believe he can take a punch from a earth mover..umm.. no dont think so wink

lawest9
hmm.. i am not convinced, sentry took some punches from an earth shaker and somehow we are supposed to believe he can take a punch from a earth mover..umm.. no dont think so wink THAT........was a very smart comeback!

Mindset
hmm.. i am not convinced, sentry took some punches from an earth shaker and somehow we are supposed to believe he can take a punch from a earth mover..umm.. no dont think so wink When has Supes moved the Earth on his own?

Wild Shadow
that one time when GL made him a harness.. what was hulks strength feat again? cause jugg showed that hulks strength wasnt any better then it was in the past.

at his peak hulk was shaking NY city nothing more.. supe has them outgunned.

@LAWEST9 , you crackin wise with me? or do you actually agree.

Enyalus
Wild Shadow: Do me a favor and go ahead and tell me what a freefalling body in space weighs.

Go ahead. I'm sure you can manage it.

...In the instance you're talking about, the Earth was not in orbit. Meaning its gravitational attraction = virtually nonexistent.

Mindset
that one time when GL made him a harness.. what was hulks strength feat again? cause jugg showed that hulks strength wasnt any better then it was in the past.

@LAWEST9 , you crackin wise with me? or do you actually agree. Hulk pulled together the tectonic plates of Skaar, this was before he was at WWH levels.

Great example using Juggs, because someone immune to physical harm is really a great measuring stick.

Hulk was destroying the eastern seaboard by stomping...

facepalm

Juntai
Wild Shadow: Do me a favor and go ahead and tell me what a freefalling body in space weighs.

Go ahead. I'm sure you can manage it.

...In the instance you're talking about, the Earth was not in orbit. Meaning its gravitational attraction = virtually nonexistent. So.. Starfire could accomplish the same feat?

Mindset
Easily.

Wild Shadow
what about when WW, supes martain lifted the specter or the book of the universe? some how i dont see hulk lifting a portion of that?

Mindset
what about when WW, supes martain lifted the specter or the book of the universe? some how i dont see hulk lifting a portion of that? Tell me how much an Eternity weighs.

Tell me how much a magical book weighs.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
So.. Starfire could accomplish the same feat?
Nah. Because apparently Superman = GLC, and Starfire < GLC or Superman.

Also...pulling is vastly inferior to lifting. Especially when you don't use your arms. Which is why I'm not exactly sure why people attempt to use that feat to justify why Superman would punch out somebody.

Enyalus
what about when WW, supes martain lifted the specter or the book of the universe? some how i dont see hulk lifting a portion of that?
In addition to what Mindset said...those are shared lifting feats.

Wild Shadow
In addition to what Mindset said...those are shared lifting feats.

thats why i said a portion of the weight.

Enyalus
thats why i said a portion of the weight.
Cool. Until you determine how much he was actually lifting, we'll stick with the notion that WWH and Superman are comparable in strength.

lawest9

@LAWEST9 , you crackin wise with me? or do you actually agree. Actually i agree with you!

Wild Shadow
Cool. Until you determine how much he was actually lifting, we'll stick with the notion that WWH and Superman are comparable in strength.

your kidding right the weight itself would be incalculable for both items.. all the mass in the universe localized in one area would be far more then hulk has bn shown to lift no matter how many ways you cut it. cool

Mindset
. . .

Wild Shadow
. . .

i'll take that as a consensus wink

Mindset
Anyway, Hulk has comparable strength to both Glads and Supes.

Fact.

Wild Shadow did not actually read WWH.

Fact.

Wild Shadow
Anyway, Hulk has comparable strength to both Glads and Supes.

Fact.

Wild Shadow did not actually read WWH.

Fact.

i did too... mad i just thought it was retarted and didnt see sentry or hulk being superman like in strength or anything..

pretty sure supes and zod destroyed a planet just by the shear impact of their blows thats not even counting that supes punches actually hurt superboy prime which neither hulk or sentry are. stick out tongue

Mindset
Connor hurt Superboy Prime too.

Wild Shadow
Connor hurt Superboy Prime too.

agreed.. a re- energized steroid out kid by luther who is in a rage is by far more powerful then sentry or hulk. stick out tongue

Enyalus
pretty sure supes and zod destroyed a planet just by the shear impact of their blows thats not even counting that supes punches actually hurt superboy prime which neither hulk or sentry are. stick out tongue
Supes and Zod's lifeforce was tied to the planet they were fighting on, so as each blow was landed and each person was hurt, they were killing the planet.

And the planet wasn't destroyed.

And Bart Allen has hurt Superboy Prime.

shokosugi
Team 1 wins. Sentry is the weak link.

Enyalus
Originally posted by shokosugi
Team 1 wins. Sentry is the weak link.
Team Two is the weak link in general.

tkitna
hmm.. i am not convinced, sentry took some punches from an earth shaker and somehow we are supposed to believe he can take a punch from a earth mover..umm.. no dont think so wink

I do

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/9848/newthunderbolts014page149sd.jpg

Genis is a mover and shaker dammit!

carver9

Who moved the earth

carver9
i did too... mad i just thought it was retarted and didnt see sentry or hulk being superman like in strength or anything..

Supes and Zod was part of that planet, they were basically connected and every blow that they hit opon each other destroyed parts of the planet. I wish people stop using that as a planet destroying feat when its not even close to one.

Philosophía
Team 1.

JakeTheBank
Team 1 takes this.

d3str0ya10
Team 2 simply because IMO sentry can beat supes and supes is the strongest link on his teams which leads to team 2 for 8/10.

Sin I AM
has anybody read the new stories with Mon El in them? The artworks not bad and the storylines ok, but I hate his outfit!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pScx8BN4h3s/Scto5PKGVqI/AAAAAAAADOg/2Bb0Krd1URA/s320/superman+686-06.jpg

e gad!

JakeTheBank
has anybody read the new stories with Mon El in them? The artworks not bad and the storylines ok, but I hate his outfit!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pScx8BN4h3s/Scto5PKGVqI/AAAAAAAADOg/2Bb0Krd1URA/s320/superman+686-06.jpg

e gad!

Isn't that what he always wore?

Bentley
In a good day Glads or Supes could solo team.

d3str0ya10
Team 2 simply because IMO sentry can beat supes and supes is the strongest link on his teams which leads to team 2 for 8/10.

carver9
Originally posted by d3str0ya10

Wrong

carver9

Wrong again

d3str0ya10
i said IMO opinion can be what ever but facts are different if its my opinion it aint wrong so chill.

carver9
i said IMO opinion can be what ever but facts are different if its my opinion it aint wrong so chill.

Good point.

carver9
Team 1 but sentry gives them a good fight.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Isn't that what he always wore?

YES, but I always hated it, i wish they would change it up

JakeTheBank
YES, but I always hated it, i wish they would change it up

True. They could have given him something different, but still pays homage to the original costume.

xJLxKing
Team one every single time.

Glad> Sentry, or Mon-El
Superman>Sentry or Mon-El.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Glad> Sentry, or Mon-El
Superman>Sentry or Mon-El.

Disagree

Glads is the strongest in this battle BUT I think that overrall sentry is more powerful than anyone in this battle.

A sentry using his full abilities would f*** supes up but if this is the Sentry with the mind issue then supes gets the majority.

I'm basing this off of everything that Sentry has done power wise. He is just generally more powerful than supes.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Disagree

I'm basing this off of everything that Sentry has done power wise. He is just generally more powerful than supes.

based off what exactly?

Bentley
based off what exactly?

He resurrects people!!!!!!

Charmander
Disagree

Glads is the strongest in this battle BUT I think that overrall sentry is more powerful than anyone in this battle.

A sentry using his full abilities would f*** supes up but if this is the Sentry with the mind issue then supes gets the majority.

I'm basing this off of everything that Sentry has done power wise. He is just generally more powerful than supes. Oh gawds

Enyalus

carver9
based off what exactly?

Powerset Sentry has shown on panel:

Teleport, telekinesis, telepath, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, shoot blast from hands, eyes, and entire body, bring back life, immortality, absorb energy from EVERYWHERE (read genis fight), and all of this is just the beginning. We really havent seen everything as of yet.

Sentry is overrall more powerful.

JakeTheBank
Powerset Sentry has shown on panel:

Teleport, telekinesis, telepath, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, shoot blast from hands, eyes, and entire body, bring back life, immortality, absorb energy from EVERYWHERE (read genis fight), and all of this is just the beginning. We really havent seen everything as of yet.

Sentry is overrall more powerful.

The only problem with that list of abilities, is the fact that Sentry has obviously not mastered the useage of said abilities. Superman spent a lifetime mastering his respective powerset in constrast.

On paper, Sentry is pretty much what Marvel hypes him up to be, and even then alot of hyperbole is used.

If you want to use "full potential", the same can easily be said about Superman, who literally gets stronger everyday.

carver9
The only problem with that list of abilities, is the fact that Sentry has obviously not mastered the useage of said abilities. Superman spent a lifetime mastering his respective powerset in constrast.

On paper, Sentry is pretty much what Marvel hypes him up to be, and even then alot of hyperbole is used.

If you want to use "full potential", the same can easily be said about Superman, who literally gets stronger everyday.

The only reason Sentry is held back from his powers is due to the fact that he has mental problems. Without that handicap all the above shouldnt be a problem to use and lets not forget the fact that he has been holding back since the beginning of his new appearance.

The only hyperbole that I know of about Sentry is him defeating Galactus, everything else seems pretty plain and clear due to what he has shown on panel.

Wild Shadow
what about the power of a million suns, you cant tell me its not hyberbole

carver9
what about the power of a million suns, you cant tell me its not hyberbole

I dont know where his powerlevel is at since he holds back a lot BUT it could be at that level since he did stalemate genis and BOTH was holding back but still was unleashing enough energy and power to shatter planets.

lawest9

If you want to use "full potential", the same can easily be said about Superman, who literally gets stronger everyday. I agree with this, supermen can practically raise his strength and power level to near infinite levels if he choose, also like you saidhe ages very slowly and will likely reach that level the longer he lives, i truly believe this!

Plus it is just so wrong to me that Marvel can comes many decades behind DC's creation of Superman, and create a rip-off character that is suppose to be more powerful than him......that's BS!

Mindset
Originally posted by lawest9
I agree with this, supermen can practically raise his strength and power level to near infinite levels if he choose, also like you saidhe ages very slowly and will likely reach that level the longer he lives, i truly believe this!

Plus it is just so wrong to me that Marvel can comes many decades behind DC's creation of Superman, and create a rip-off character that is suppose to be more powerful than him......that's BS! heh

horrorwolf
Team 2 for the majority.

Enyalus
heh
Your reaction was much more mellow than mine was when I read that.

Mindset
I'm jerkin it to my reflection in the mirror, so I'm pretty zen right now.

psycho gundam
............that's kinda gay.

Mindset
Not at all, homophobe.

psycho gundam
i'm no homophobe, i live close to the downtown area of toronto.

lawest9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i'm no homophobe, i live close to the downtown area of toronto. hahahahahahaha.........tell em!

Enyalus
I'm jerkin it to my reflection in the mirror, so I'm pretty zen right now.
You do that, too, huh?

Thought I invented that. I even have two full-length mirrors in my room for better viewing. One on the far wall and one on my ceiling.

psycho gundam
^ i bet eny and mindset wear women's clothes as they tug it in the mirror.

Fenris878
Team 1.

iceman24567

Glad> Sentry, or Mon-El
Superman>Sentry or Mon-El. yup

quanchi112
Team 1 wins despite Sentry being the most powerful character here. Mon-el brings him down imo.

BUSTER1
5/5 for me-or stalemate

Wild Shadow
supe and glads go into ftl mode and glads goes further to the hyper space time speed for a beatdown on two frozen statues of mon el and sentry

iceman24567
More Gladz hyperspace bull thumb down

Mindset
Glads is the best

Wild Shadow
isnt he though... sigh......... what a man. embarrasment

Enyalus
isnt he though... sigh......... what a man. embarrasment
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Gladsex1.jpg

Wild Shadow
he is soooo rugged... now show one of the white trash sentry for a comparison and tell me who wins.

Enyalus
he is soooo rugged... now show one of the white trash sentry for a comparison and tell me who wins.
Nah, Sentry looks pretty hawt too:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Sentry_Sexy.jpg

Wild Shadow
show him with the beard and stained costume and crying.. ahhh... man luv, you can see it in their eyes. maybe they can double date with apollo and midnighter.

Enyalus
show him with the beard and stained costume and crying.. ahhh... man luv, you can seeit in their eyes.
Haha. Both he and Lindy looked horrible during those issues.

Well, Lindy looks horrible, period.

lawest9
Glads is the best I always thought that Glads was narvels version of supes, who htey use for a punching bag for their major hitters because they'll never be allowed to win against the real thing in any crossovers with DC, LOL!!!!!!!

Slaanesh
team 1 10/10

Philosophía
Nah, Sentry looks pretty hawt too:
*skip*

The big reveal will be that Sentry is actually a woman. Which would explain quite a lot, actually.

Warlord

Sin I AM

Wild Shadow
would explain his psychosis and emotional state it could be treated with the right hormone treatment and well place relax sessions sometime during the month.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 1 wins despite Sentry being the most powerful character here. Mon-el brings him down imo.

True statement even though I think Sentry and Glads are both equals. They dont have a limit or cap on there powers.

iceman24567
True statement even though I think Sentry and Glads are both equals. They dont have a limit or cap on there powers. Yes yes and Superman and Mon-el do? Pure bias but whatever team 1 wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 1 and it's really not close at all.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yes yes and Superman and Mon-el do? Pure bias but whatever team 1 wins.
Anyone who thinks that Sentry is the most powerful, combat-wise, is certifiable.

quanchi112
Yes yes and Superman and Mon-el do? Pure bias but whatever team 1 wins. Sentry is the most powerful character here.

iceman24567
Sentry is the most powerful character here. In your opinion sure.

quanchi112
In your opinion sure. What have these other characters done to prove they are more powerful than the Sentry?

Enyalus
What have these other characters done to prove they are more powerful than the Sentry?
Be able to lift something heavier than a helicarrier?

iceman24567
What have these other characters done to prove they are more powerful than the Sentry? What has Sentry done to prove he is more powerful?

quanchi112
Be able to lift something heavier than a helicarrier? That doesn't define power that's a strength feat? Do you really judge the Sentry based off of that?

quanchi112
What has Sentry done to prove he is more powerful? I asked you to prove your case or at least explain why he isn't the most powerful here and who is. Can you not answer the question?

Enyalus
That doesn't define power that's a strength feat? Do you really judge the Sentry based off of that?
Okay...how about him having zero wins vs. any top tiers.

He has a few stalemates, and a few iffy wins (like with Blue Marvel), but nothing else.

quanchi112
Okay...how about him having zero wins vs. any top tiers.

He has a few stalemates, and a few iffy wins (like with Blue Marvel), but nothing else. What do you consider Terrax?

iceman24567
I asked you to prove your case or at least explain why he isn't the most powerful here and who is. Can you not answer the question? Showings maybe?

Enyalus
What do you consider Terrax?
Low herald.

quanchi112
Showings maybe? Name what Superman or Gladiator has done to prove that they are more powerful.

xJLxKing
Name that Superman or Gladiator has done to prove that they are more powerful. Mon-El has no showing in the recent comics

Mindset
Yes he does.

quanchi112
Mon-El has no showing in the recent comics What does that have to do with my post?

iceman24567
Name that Superman or Gladiator has done to prove that they are more powerful. Name something Sentry has done to prove he is even Superman level.

quanchi112
Name something Sentry has done to prove he is even Superman level. Burned out WW Hulk.

iceman24567
Burned out WW Hulk. He barely stalemated a brick. While burning himself out? With help from a satellite? What the f**k?

quanchi112
He barely stalemated a brick. While burning himself out? With help from a satellite? What the f**k? Hulk has beaten Gladiator before while being far less powerful and far less intelligent. Hulk got even more powerful and had to be put down by a plot device.

Now you name a feat.

iceman24567
Hulk has beaten Gladiator before while being far less powerful and far less intelligent. Hulk got even more powerful and had to be put down by a plot device.

Now you name a feat. You still have not given one legit feat yet. You even claim yourself he got put down by a plot device. Why do you even post.

quanchi112
You still have not given one legit feat yet. You even claim yourself he got put down by a plot device. Why do you even post. You really show an inability to even understand what a plot device even is. I knew you wouldn't name anything as you never do. You just claim things and never ever even explain your reasoning. I accept your concession.

iceman24567
You really show an inability to even understand what a plot device even is. I knew you wouldn't name anything as you never do. You just claim things and never ever even explain your reasoning. I accept your concession. You just rant and claim your always right when everybody agrees your wrong. You still have not given one legit reason why Sentry is more power concession excepted.

quanchi112
You just rant and claim your always right when everybody agrees your wrong. You still have not given one legit reason why Sentry is more power concession excepted. It's accepted not excepted for one. A plot device can stop anything that's the point. It was this story's plot device just like CA was in superman beyond.

How is burning out WW Hulk not a good example? Why haven't you named one feat. Glads couldn't burn out a weaker, dumber Hulk so really I have no clue what your point is?

iceman24567
It's accepted not excepted for one. A plot device can stop anything that's the point. It was this story's plot device just like CA was in superman beyond.

How is burning out WW Hulk not a good example? Why haven't you named one feat. Glads couldn't burn out a weaker, dumber Hulk so really I have no clue what your point is? My point is if he is the as powerful as you claim why did it take everything he had to stalemate a brick? My point is the satellite help and it was the plot device like the armor. My point is you still have not given a legit feat from him to say he is more powerful than anybody in this thread it's just your opinion which not too many hold high including me. Do you want me to go any find the numerous spelling error you have made? My point is you are ignored.

bbrem123
WWH is just a brick?

Hes a little more then that...He took out all of marvel earth

come on now dont be silly

iceman24567
Originally posted by bbrem123
WWH is just a brick? What else could he be?

quanchi112
My point is if he is the as powerful as you claim why did it take everything he had to stalemate a brick? My point is the satellite help and it was the plot device like the armor. My point is you still have not given a legit feat from him to say he is more powerful than anybody in this thread it's just your opinion which not too many hold high including me. Do you want me to go any find the numerous spelling error you have made? My point is you are ignored. He burned out arguable one of the most powerful versions of Hulk to this date. Thor tried for over an hour to beat and then went into a berserker fury and could not burn out or defeat the Hulk. Glads went down against a much weaker version of the Hulk. You show a complete lack of Hulk knowledge. I shouldn't expect any better though.

Now what has Superman done?

quanchi112
WWH is just a brick?

come on now dont be silly thumb up

bbrem123
yea a brick with ridiculous healing factor

along with how tactical he was...he was more like a beast not a brick

iceman24567
yea a brick with ridiculous healing factor

along with how tactical he was...he was more like a beast not a brick Seriously? The General is basically the same and he's still a brick.

iceman24567
WWH is just a brick?

come on now dont be silly He had help he didn't fight herald level guys left and right and he lost at the end. Don't be silly and try to make WWH out to be more than he was ...a brick.

xJLxKing
WWH is a Brick. He has no special power. He just uses his fist to win. He just gets madder and madder. He takes hits till he overcomes you. That is a brick.

iceman24567
WWH is a Brick. He has no special power. He just uses his fist to win. He just gets madder and madder. He takes hits till he overcomes you. That is a brick. thumb up

bbrem123
WWH is a Brick. He has no special power. He just uses his fist to win. He just gets madder and madder. He takes hits till he overcomes you. That is a brick.

fine call him whatever u want to call him, it doesnt change the fact that he will overcome his opponent and beat them

so i guess being a brick means absolutely nothing here...

quanchi112
fine call him whatever u want to call him, it doesnt change the fact that he will overcome his opponent and beat them

so i guess being a brick means absolutely nothing here... It's kind of humorous to see two posters battling to prove he is a brick and ignoring how powerful he was in ww Hulk. That's the point.

iceman24567

so i guess being a brick means absolutely nothing here... Nah we call it what it is a fly is a fly and a brick is a brick.

bbrem123
I know the whole WWH series was to show how powerful he can get.

But i guess being a brick instantly makes him not that powerful laughing

quanchi112

But i guess being a brick instantly makes him not that powerful laughing Yeah, Doomsday from hp was totally wimpy as well due to him being a brick. laughing out loud

iceman24567

But i guess being a brick instantly makes him not that powerful laughing Exactly thats what we were saying thumb up

bbrem123
Nah we call it what it is a fly is a fly and a brick is a brick.

so what does him being a brick have to do with his power, and sentry burning him out not a good feat?

quanchi112
so what does him being a brick have to do with his power, and sentry burning him out not a good feat? Exactly.

iceman24567
so what does him being a brick have to do with his power, and sentry burning him out not a good feat? Go back a reread the last two pages and you will see. That was a shared feat with mr satellite.

Enyalus
Go back a reread the last two pages and you will see. That was a shared feat with mr satellite.
No it wasn't. erm Satellite KO'd Worldbreaker Hulk.

iceman24567
No it wasn't. erm Satellite KO'd Worldbreaker Hulk. Oh really eek!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>