JLA vs Marvels best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Marvels team

Current Thor
Silver Surfer
Beta ray bill (pissed)
Nova
Gladiator (pissed and full confident)

vs

Superman
Wonderwoman
Green lantern (Kyle)
Orion
Martian manhunter
Firestorm

Sin I AM
hasnt this been done to death?

rotiart
Yeah it really has

The Scribe
I thought you said the best? wink

Current Thor
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Nova Replaced with Adam Warlock
Pick one: Beta Ray Bill, Kree Captian Marvel, Photon (Genis Marvel), Quasar, or Dr. Strange,

----------------------------

Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Kyle) Replace with Ion.
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm Replaced with Captain Marvel
Orion or Captain Atom or Lobo (You decide.)

rotiart
AnY team that says marvels beat but doesn't include thanos is a faux team!

Sin I AM
Current Adam Warlock? Id put Nova over him

The Scribe
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Current Adam Warlock? Id put Nova over him

The best version of Adam Warlock with the soul gem or all the gems.
wink

Years later when reemerging from the Soul Gem, Warlock appeared to have enhanced abilities in terms of both his physical capabilities, cosmic awareness and capacity for metaphysical manipulations, such as his granting of enhanced strength to Gamora and Pip in their new bodies. Warlock can, however, now create forcefields around himself and others, manipulate metaphysical energy, travel faster than light and detect wormholes and other irregularities in space.

I would also give him instant teleportation capabilities.

carver9
Originally posted by rotiart
AnY team that says marvels beat but doesn't include thanos is a faux team!

Thanos could solo the jla, thats overkill including him

stormultt
i luv adam warlocke he was so HAWT, but yea a few replacements can be done to amp up the marvel side a lil more but i still say they take it

carver9
They dont need a amp, who they have is good enough.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
Marvels team

Current Thor
Silver Surfer
Beta ray bill (pissed)
Nova
Gladiator (pissed and full confident)

vs

Superman
Wonderwoman
Green lantern (Kyle)
Orion
Martian manhunter
Firestorm
Wow giving JLA one extra powerful member. I think that can easily make it so that JLA> Them.

stormultt
was i talkin to u? cuz i dont remember talkin to u, anyway! i said they could use amp in my opinion thats all

carver9
Originally posted by stormultt
was i talkin to u? cuz i dont remember talkin to u, anyway! i said they could use amp in my opinion thats all

Can i call you one day?

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Wow giving JLA one extra powerful member. I think that can easily make it so that JLA> Them.

I gave them one more powerful member because they need it to even things out due the many weakness that the jla has.

xJLxKing
I gave them one more powerful member because they need it to even things out due the many weakness that the jla has.
Well I agree, if it was 5 vs 5, Marvel would win, but 6 vs 5, it can change.

Any combo of the two would easily beat any one of the fighters in Marvel. For example: Superman and Orion can should be able to defeat Thor. Or, SS would lose to Kyle and Firestorm.

Also, Nova is weakest one here. I think the JLA can take them, but only using good teamwork, and coordination.

stormultt
Can i call you one day?

lol

carver9

Any combo of the two would easily beat any one of the fighters in Marvel. For example: Superman and Orion can should be able to defeat Thor. Or, SS would lose to Kyle and Firestorm.

Also, Nova is weakest one here. I think the JLA can take them, but only using good teamwork, and coordination.

Good post and I agree, if it was a double team and jla didnt have so many weakness then yeah, they could take marvel side BUT silver surfer can basically one shot supes and martian manhunter due to there weakness.

Nova is the weak link but he still can stall giving the other members time to drop the rest of the team.

A pissed beta ray is killing someone along with a pissed glads.

I really dont know who'll win, thats why I'm leaving it to you all.

xJLxKing
Good post and I agree, if it was a double team and jla didnt have so many weakness then yeah, they could take marvel side BUT silver surfer can basically one shot supes and martian manhunter due to there weakness.

Nova is the weak link but he still can stall giving the other members time to drop the rest of the team.

A pissed beta ray is killing someone along with a pissed glads.

I really dont know who'll win, thats why I'm leaving it to you all.
One shot? No way!

carver9
One shot? No way!

Amazo did it twice with a dose of red sunlight and in regards to manhunters weakness to fire, look what promethius did to him, it really didnt take much.

xJLxKing
Amazo did it twice with a dose of red sunlight and in regards to manhunters weakness to fire, look what promethius did to him, it really didnt take much.
Amazo is in another league from SS.

carver9
Amazo is in another league from SS.

So you're saying that amazo can produce energy better than silver surfer?

I agree, amazo IS more powerful than the surfer but that still doesnt change the fact that surfer is a better energy manipulator than amazo, which he is.

xJLxKing
So you're saying that amazo can produce energy better than silver surfer?

I agree, amazo IS more powerful than the surfer but that still doesnt change the fact that surfer is a better energy manipulator than amazo, which he is.
Really?

darthgoober

Didn't Nova just lobotomize Ego with a blast? That's not much of a weak link...

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
Didn't Nova just lobotomize Ego with a blast? That's not much of a weak link...

You got the scans for that? I would love to see it since nova is one of my favorite characters.

darthgoober
You got the scans for that? I would love to see it since nova is one of my favorite characters.
Don't I always big grin ...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_028.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_029.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_030.jpg

carver9
Don't I always big grin ...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_028.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_029.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/Nova_25_Oroboros_DCP_030.jpg

Damn, thanks, I guess he's back where he was before.

When he fought sufer, was he at full power with the nova force?

darthgoober
Damn, thanks, I guess he's back where he was before.
Not quite. He's only got MOST of the Nova Force right now, before he had the whole thing.

When he fought sufer, was he at full power with the nova force?
I'm pretty sure he was.

Enyalus
Not quite. He's only got MOST of the Nova Force right now, before he had the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure he was.
Not exactly right. When he fought SS, yes he had the full Nova Force. But Worldmind held most of it back from him so he wouldn't go insane. Now that carrying the Nova Force has changed his body, he can withstand the full payload without going nuts. So, Nova now has the full Nova Force, no restrictions on it.

He's definitely not the weakest on the Marvel team anymore.

And Marvel team takes it every time, even with the extra JLA member. This isn't even much of a contest.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Enyalus
Not exactly right. When he fought SS, yes he had the full Nova Force. But Worldmind held most of it back from him so he wouldn't go insane. Now that carrying the Nova Force has changed his body, he can withstand the full payload without going nuts. So, Nova now has the full Nova Force, no restrictions on it.

He's definitely not the weakest on the Marvel team anymore.

And Marvel team takes it every time, even with the extra JLA member. This isn't even much of a contest.
I thought the Worldmimd was always pushing Rich to use more of the Nova Force in combat and it was Rich himself that was hesitant to unleash it for fear of going mad?

Enyalus
I thought the Worldmimd was always pushing Rich to use more of the Nova Force in combat and it was Rich himself that was hesitant to unleash it for fear of going mad?
That's what it looked like. But in the last issue of Nova (25), it was revealed that in order to protect Richard's mind, Worldmind was holding most of the Nova Force back in reserve, which was exposing the Worldmind itself to danger. Worldmind's apparently always been protecting Richard. Now that Rich's molecular structure has altered itself to cope with the Nova Force, he can wield the full thing without much trouble.

Right now there's still a Nova Corps, but Nova Prime is mainlining the Nova Force in the same way that say, Wally West, mainlines the Speed Force.

It all runs through Richard again - but this time he's uber. big grin

I wanna see some Supernova-esque feats. Speaking of which, Supernova appeared at the end of the last issue to taunt that former Shi'ar Nova Prime who was captured by the Guard. So, looks like he's making a reappearance, too.

darthgoober
That's what it looked like. But in the last issue of Nova (25), it was revealed that in order to protect Richard's mind, Worldmind was holding most of the Nova Force back in reserve, which was exposing the Worldmind itself to danger. Worldmind's apparently always been protecting Richard. Now that Rich's molecular structure has altered itself to cope with the Nova Force, he can wield the full thing without much trouble.

Right now there's still a Nova Corps, but Nova Prime is mainlining the Nova Force in the same way that say, Wally West, mainlines the Speed Force.

It all runs through Richard again - but this time he's uber. big grin

I wanna see some Supernova-esque feats. Speaking of which, Supernova appeared at the end of the last issue to taunt that former Shi'ar Nova Prime who was captured by the Guard. So, looks like he's making a reappearance, too.
I don't remember it saying that the WM held back any of the Nova Force, just that it reinforced Rich's mind to cope with the stress(which explains why the World Mind seemed confident that Rich could deal with the power and pushed him to use it all) without properly protecting itself.

Enyalus
I don't remember it saying that the WM held back any of the Nova Force, just that it reinforced Rich's mind to cope with the stress(which explains why the World Mind seemed confident that Rich could deal with the power and pushed him to use it all) without properly protecting itself.
Yeah, but I took that as meaning he didn't have full access to the power of the Nova Force. I mean, Worldmind said the blast that lobotomized Ego was nearly off the scale. And that now he didn't need Worldmind to reinforce his mind in order to handle it. He seems more powerful now. So, I would point to the Worldmind no longer interfering as being the reason why.

darthgoober
Yeah, but I took that as meaning he didn't have full access to the power of the Nova Force. I mean, Worldmind said the blast that lobotomized Ego was nearly off the scale. And that now he didn't need Worldmind to reinforce his mind in order to handle it. He seems more powerful now. So, I would point to the Worldmind no longer interfering as being the reason why.
The New World Mind attributed Rich's current ability to handle the stress to Rich's "dense Terrain cranium", not the alteration of his body. His body was altered from containing the entirety of the Nova Force during/after Annihilation, that's why he was in such bad shape when he lost it. It's not that he's more powerful now than he was before, it's that he's more confident in his ability to handle the power he already had.

The Worldmind always knew he'd be ok and told Rich that it would help him deal with the mental stress, it was Rich himself that didn't want to risk it unless it was absolutly necessary.

Aztec123
Jla

Slaanesh
Marvel 10/10..

Stunner2xx
I dont know why you would put wonder woman in there
maybe for cheerleading?

carver9
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
I dont know why you would put wonder woman in there
maybe for cheerleading?

Because supes is powerful and wonderwoman is around his level. confused

She has proven this on hundreds of occasions, you all just underrate her.

Think about this, who had the best showing against amazo?

Philosophía
Superman>Thor
Kyle ~ Surfer
Orion > Beta Ray Bill
Wonder Woman > Gladiator
Martian Manhunter > Nova

Firestorm helps those who are having problems.

carver9

Warlord

Enyalus

guy222
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7296/img004x.th.jpg

Kris Blaze

Kris Blaze
hmmm

Philosophía
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Lmao, you're not ****ing putting Current Thor below Superman? I can understand how some people might think that Superman is slightly stronger than classic Thor, or vice verse. However, current Thor has the Odinforce and is naturally much stronger.

How you can claim that Superman would still win, is just, it's just plain ridiculous. An advantage in speed makes up for vast inferiority in all the other areas? Not a ****ing chance. It's time to take off the DC bias cloak and try to see things a bit more clearly. I like Superman as much as the next guy, but he's not greater than the rest of the members in the high herald category.

I'm ****ing putting him at that level because he ****ing is at that level son, lmao !111

Ok. Now. Thor simply hasn't shown anything 'Odin' or 'skyfather level' feat-wise to make me think that he is at that level, pure and simple. He got his ass kicked by Ymir. The Bor fight looked like anything except a fight between Skyfathers, and the fact that he even called the Avengers to help him (and Bor not killing them with an afterthought) further reinforces the ideea that it was nothing of that kind. JMS seems to go by the 'I like to have my cake and eat it too' ideea. On one hand, he depicts Thor as nothing close to a skyfather, but on the other hand he has retarded comments like 'If I didn't have the Odinforce I'd be one-shotted omg!!11'. Sort of 'I can't write him as a skyfather, but let me throw a few comments to make it seem like he is'. And Beta Ray Bill is arguably portrayed as a peer to him aswell, even after the 'wowzerz' Odin-power upgrade. And I'm not going to bring Rulk, because that has become too overused.

In short, when it comes to feats, Thor doesn't have anything on Superman. From adversaries they have faced (I could use Infinity Man being manhandled by Superman to further enforce my arguement) to pure feats.

Raoul
He's Superman. He fights people like the Infinity Man and holds his own... shrug

xJLxKing
Originally posted by guy222
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7296/img004x.th.jpg
How strong was that shield/forcefield

Kris Blaze
We disagree. I don't want to start arguing with one of the people I hold in such high regard.

Philosophía
http://thisrecording.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/blog_highfive.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.