The Runner vs Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
I'm curious not just in terms of raw power who could beat who, but also how much the Runner's "charm" might play into taking the fight (the hate?) out of Mangog.

carver9
mangog reflexes was ridiculously fast. i give it to him; one good punch would mess runner up

golem370
Class 100 level punch + Lightspeed + level force I think take it.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Class 100 level punch + Lightspeed + level force I think take it.

Who has class 100 strength because the runner never showed that he was in that tere.

golem370
Well look what Flash can do with speed and a punch and I am sure Runner is stronger then Flash.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Well look what Flash can do with speed and a punch and I am sure Runner is stronger then Flash.

I agree but with mangogs durability, I think flash punch would be nothing but a tickle to him.

Again, mangog speed was ridiculous and he could get ahold of runner. Runner have no way of winning this battle besides bfr whereas mangog could literally just rip runner in half.

darthgoober
Originally posted by carver9
Who has class 100 strength because the runner never showed that he was in that tere.
He overpowered classic Surfer...

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
He overpowered classic Surfer...

Of course he overpowered surfer, he used his charm against him throughout the entire fight. Surfer even brought up that he was under some kind of effect during his confrontation with runner.

Firelord has overpowered surfer on numerous of occasions but is still listed as a 70 tonner.

darthgoober
Originally posted by carver9
Of course he overpowered surfer, he used his charm against him throughout the entire fight. Surfer even brought up that he was under some kind of effect during his confrontation with runner.

Firelord has overpowered surfer on numerous of occasions but is still listed as a 70 tonner.
I know. Surfer's still a class +100 though, and Runner matched his strength strait up and got the better of Norrin. That's a +100 feat.

Firelord's NEVER physically overpowered Surfer. He's got a win to his credit sure, but he never overpowered Surfer the way the Runner did. And Firelord can amp his strength with the Power Cosmic just like all of Galactus's heralds can, a 70 ton rating is way off for someone who's gone toe to toe with guys like Hercules and Thor.

Enyalus
The Runner takes this.

Mindship
So Runner's Likeability Force would be useless against Mangog?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindship
So Runner's Likeability Force would be useless against Mangog?
I don't think so. Mangog runs off of hate. If he's unable to do that...

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think so. Mangog runs off of hate. If he's unable to do that... I thought Mangog runs off all emoitions not just hate.

psycho gundam
IMO, the runner would bfr himself after getting bored fighting mangog for a week non-stop.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
IMO, the runner would bfr himself after getting bored fighting mangog for a week non-stop.
confused

psycho gundam
why not?

Enyalus
why not?
Why so?

Mindship
Though it was non-canon, I believe Surfer beat Mangog via the "sheer nobility" of his soul. Does non-canon mean this could happen but just never officially did, or that it just flat-out couldn't happen at all (ie, such a tactic would never defeat Mangog). If the former, then I would think Runner's charm would have some effect on Mangog, even if (for the sake of argument) physically one could not defeat the other.

Kris Blaze
Runner's not too fast for Mangog, but Mangog won't drop Runner with a single punch.

psycho gundam
Why so? he's like a slightly amped classic silver surfer who fights like the flash, and is totally immortal and tireless. i don't think he could beat either mangog, but he isn't a sitting duck either.

if i knew what it would take to ko or even hurt the runner, then i would give the majority to mangog most likely.

Enyalus
he's like a slightly amped classic silver surfer who fights like the flash, and is totally immortal and tireless. i don't think he could beat either mangog, but he isn't a sitting duck either.

if i knew what it would take to ko or even hurt the runner, then i would give the majority to mangog most likely.

Classic Thor has physically beaten Mangog before, although it took everything he had. Runner has comparable strength, I believe. He's also got energy blasts. And he's not going to get hit by Mangog. Mangog will drop after being beaten on at lightspeed for a while by a being who is physically stronger than Classic Surfer.

psycho gundam
i dunno

Enyalus
i dunno
Runner KO'd The Collector with a one-handed speedblitz of about 5 punches. shifty

Rulk-level. Hehe.

Kris Blaze
Classic Thor has physically beaten Mangog before, although it took everything he had./B]

WHEN?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
WHEN?
Thor v2 25 comes most immediately to mind. Even though IMO Romita Jr sucks, how Thor handled Mangog was awesome and badass to the extreme. smile

Lord Feron
Runner

Kris Blaze
Thor v2 25 comes most immediately to mind. Even though IMO Romita Jr sucks, how Thor handled Mangog was awesome and badass to the extreme. smile

And it was far, far from purely physical...

Enyalus
And it was far, far from purely physical...
Thor did surprise him before forcing him to go Deepthroat on a Mjolnir blast, but still...was definitely owning him physically.

I don't think Runner is as strong as Thor was depicted there. But he is close. And with his speed, he can make it count by landing more blows than Thor would. Plus, Runner also has energy blasts that are above Classic Surfer's level. Again, not on Mjolnir's level, but enough to hurt and eventually KO Mangog.

I really can't see Runner losing more than two out of ten matches. Those happening by being careless.

Kris Blaze
Thor did surprise him before forcing him to go Deepthroat on a Mjolnir blast, but still...was definitely owning him physically.

I don't think Runner is as strong as Thor was depicted there. But he is close. And with his speed, he can make it count by landing more blows than Thor would. Plus, Runner also has energy blasts that are above Classic Surfer's level. Again, not on Mjolnir's level, but enough to hurt and eventually KO Mangog.

I really can't see Runner losing more than two out of ten matches. Those happening by being careless.

But even Thor's anti-force blast, or him redirecting Thanos' energy wasn't enough. Even if you claim that Thor was dominating Mangog, his attacks are to no effect. He's not breaching Mangog's hide.

Enyalus
He's not breaching Mangog's hide.
Well I never claimed Runner would kill him. stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Well I never claimed Runner would kill him. stick out tongue

uhuh

Enyalus
uhuh
Go argue for Thanos taking over the DCU in that other thread.

It'll do your soul good.

quanchi112
Mangog wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.