Halo Reach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
The new Halo game for the X-box 360 was just announced at the Microsoft Press Conference: Halo Reach.

Quincy
Source?

Mandrag Ganon
I was watching the Press Conference on G4. Ran and posted as soon as I saw the trailer.
But incase you don't believe me:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174492

S_D_J
... @ E3 2010: HALO-kart will be announced wink

Ridley_Prime
haermm

ArtificialGlory
The Halo cow is about to die from overmilking.

SaTsuJiN
No.. the milking.. even at this point.. has just begun! O_O *halo choir music plays*

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The Halo cow is about to die from overmilking.

It was dead around the time Halo 3 came out.

Zack Fair
Doubt its going to die anytime soon.

*CoughSF2/FF7/RE/etcCough*

S_D_J
yeah... but by the time you get HALO pinball... the stench will kind of obvious

Mandrag Ganon
Oh, there are not near as many Halo games as there are Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ratchet and Clank, and Sonic games.

Not to mention Metroid, which actually has a pinball game.

S_D_J
I'd give you R&C

but the other games are longtime franchise

... and please, if one of those franchise has been well preserved that one is Metroid

Nemesis X
A Halo prequel eh? Might be good. I really don't mind there being another Halo game just as long as its fun. Hopefull this'll be at least better than Halo 3.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Oh, there are not near as many Halo games as there are Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ratchet and Clank, and Sonic games.

Not to mention Metroid, which actually has a pinball game. Every franchise there other than maybe Ratchet and Clank(cannot say) is a longtime franchise that have continued to preserve their leetness(although DK is really just a spin-off of Mario).

Zack Fair
To be honest it all felt uninspired. The gameplay video of Halo:ODST didn't interest me, but then again its been nearly 2 years since Halo 3 came out. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Valve's amazing Episode 2.

SaTsuJiN
heh.. it looks like they didnt bother giving the characters new animation.. everyone animates just like halo 3.. was expecting something more fluid since they are more human and less cybernetic

Ridley_Prime
Wow. That's lazy Bungie for ya right there.

Spartan005
Hopefully this game will be awesome. I don't know if anyone here read the book "fall of reach" but I always talked about how it would make an awesome game/movie.

Halo 3: ODST just looks okay though. bungie seriously is starting to take this franchise a bit too far

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
heh.. it looks like they didnt bother giving the characters new animation.. everyone animates just like halo 3.. was expecting something more fluid since they are more human and less cybernetic

QFT.

That is why it doesn't inspire.

I don't like the hud either.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Spartan005
Hopefully this game will be awesome. I don't know if anyone here read the book "fall of reach" but I always talked about how it would make an awesome game/movie.

Halo 3: ODST just looks okay though. bungie seriously is starting to take this franchise a bit too far

Fall of Reach was a great book. I think the game will be good.

Originally posted by S_D_J
I'd give you R&C

but the other games are longtime franchise

... and please, if one of those franchise has been well preserved that one is Metroid

And how do you think they became long time franchises? By continuing to make games.

These comments about Halo Cart and Halo Pinball are just preposterous.

Frankly they see a market that sells, and it'd be stupid not to go for it.

Oh, and everyone knows that recent Sonic games have sucked (Dark Brotherhood excluded), but it continues limp on, and people still buy the games.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by NemeBro
Every franchise there other than maybe Ratchet and Clank(cannot say) is a longtime franchise that have continued to preserve their leetness(although DK is really just a spin-off of Mario).
ratchet and clank pwnz all there asses.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah... not really.

WO Polaski
And how do you think they became long time franchises? By continuing to make games.

this is a truth, a game becomes a franchise by it creator getting greedy and money hungry and exploiting the shit out of its fame.

as for odst, why are people complaining and calling bungie lazy its an expansion not a new game. the graphics should be the same and the gameplay should only have slight modifications. its an extention of a game already out not somthing entirely new.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by WO Polaski
as for odst, why are people complaining and calling bungie lazy its an expansion not a new game. the graphics should be the same and the gameplay should only have slight modifications. its an extention of a game already out not somthing entirely new.

but they arent spartans.. they shouldnt run exactly the same.. and because they lack the power and ability of said spartans.. the weapons should handle completely different.. i.e. hella recoil on the sniper.. no more bustin off 12 caps of shotgun without your reticle going to the roof, and snipin people with a pistol from half the map away... they should be good yes, but not god-mode good

also bungie, bring back the stun of the plasma rounds ffs.. no point having different weapon sets if they have exactly the same effects as human weapons

and I'd like alternate fire modes as well

Neo Darkhalen
The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name, and it seems they can't be bothered to come up with a new series...so I guess they'll keep on churning out Halo titles.

Mandrag Ganon
They could always go back to Marathon. Halo was their big seller, ofcourse they'll stick with it untill it doesn't sell anymore. Why gamble on something that may or may not fail when they have a gold mine out there?

Cliffy B. has already said that that is what he plans for Gears of War, the diference here is that Halo is actually well done...

Quincy
Oh, and everyone knows that recent Sonic games have sucked (Dark Brotherhood excluded), but it continues limp on, and people still buy the games.

HAH! I smell a Bioware fanboy.

Neo Darkhalen
They could always go back to Marathon. Halo was their big seller, ofcourse they'll stick with it untill it doesn't sell anymore. Why gamble on something that may or may not fail when they have a gold mine out there?

Cliffy B. has already said that that is what he plans for Gears of War, the diference here is that Halo is actually well done...

Difference being no it's not.

SaTsuJiN

.. yeah okay.. lol.. I'm sorry but the cover system alone runs halo into the dirt

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name, and it seems they can't be bothered to come up with a new series...so I guess they'll keep on churning out Halo titles.

They're a company. They are out to make money, like any other company.

Would you expect Nintendo to drop Mario?

WO Polaski
but they arent spartans.. they shouldnt run exactly the same.. and because they lack the power and ability of said spartans.. the weapons should handle completely different.. i.e. hella recoil on the sniper.. no more bustin off 12 caps of shotgun without your reticle going to the roof, and snipin people with a pistol from half the map away... they should be good yes, but not god-mode good

well for the first part int he games the cheif doesnt run faster the the marines do nor is many times stronger. in fact everything he can do the marines can pretty much do actually they can do them better like aiming.

as for recoil i agree there should be a lot of it since the marines are supposed to be weaker. and were did you see a marine sniping someone with a pistol? that brings me back to the halo 1 days lol. most overpwoered gun ever.

oh god i agree >.<

gears of war bores me personally. i used to like it but i prefer halo so much more. the gameplay is better in halo imo.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The only reason why Bungie are milking Halo is because they have nothing else to their name,

Ummmm your wrong there

They also have Marathon and Myth for game series but yeah seems like they won't be going back to them anytime soon.

S_D_J
.. yeah okay.. lol.. I'm sorry but the cover system alone runs halo into the dirt

QFT

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ummmm your wrong there

They also have Marathon and Myth for game series but yeah seems like they won't be going back to them anytime soon.

they had a good thing going with Marathon... it then later become HALO...

but come on, a new IP could be refreshing...
... or at least a sequel to Marathon

jalek moye
Originally posted by H. S. 6
They're a company. They are out to make money, like any other company.

Would you expect Nintendo to drop Mario?
thy also talk about how much they love games. you'd atleast think they would try something new

when they said halo 3 was last i was hoping they would stop, but nope all that means is a whole bunch of prequels and spin offs

Mandrag Ganon

I'm talking story wise.

Originally posted by Quincy
HAH! I smell a Bioware fanboy.

Nah, the only thing I could truly be consitered a fanboy of is Zelda *Points to username*

Tsal Can
Halo FTW!!!!

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by jalek moye
thy also talk about how much they love games. you'd atleast think they would try something new

when they said halo 3 was last i was hoping they would stop, but nope all that means is a whole bunch of prequels and spin offs

Bungie has only announced one prequel, and one spin off.

jalek moye
Bungie has only announced one prequel, and one spin off.
thats how it starts, but soon it shall be more

sad

Mandrag Ganon
Halo is a popular series that sells, of course they will make more. And you know what? I welcome them. I like the games, and I won't think it is rediculus untill they start making as many Halo games as square does Final Fantasy games (Of which there are alot).

SaTsuJiN
I definitely like the story.. but I didnt care for alot of the predictable plot strings.. but I did enjoy the sub-plots

and hell.. 4 player co-op is amazing.. even if you despise the game, you're sure to get some enjoyment with friends

Mandrag Ganon
Yea, well. It's hard to find a shooter that is not predictable.

Tsal Can
Bioshock :P

SaTsuJiN
I consider that more of an Action-RPG with first person viewpoint

Mattek
Reach will most likely be a pre-qual.

WO Polaski
It has to be.

Halo 1 takes place barely a day after Reach is glassed by the Covenant.

TheGear
Any info on Reach?

Nemesis X
I found a Kotaku page that confirmed that Reach will be on Project Natal.

Spartan005
I hope bungie borrows a bit from the call of duty franchise with this one. Halo has always been a pretty laid back FPS but the battle of Reach needs to be huge and fast paced.

by the way, Master chief wasn't even on reach in the book so maybe we'll be playing more than one character?

whostheking
Any vids of it yet?

Dark Exile
http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/05/halo-reach-leaked-photos/

If this is true goes to show what a new engine can do. I am ready to end this where it begins.

Ms.Marvel
*is psyched*

halo+ modern warfare style perks and classes= perfect multiplayer. flawless even. yes

Nemesis X
With Natal support, I wonder if (as a spartan) can grab a brute and twist his neck. That would be awesome.

Zack Fair
Holy Shit...if that is true....

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Holy Shit...if that is true....

If what is true, the Natal support or being able to twist a Brute's neck?

If you're referring to the Natal support then yeah, it's been confirmed that Reach will have Natal support but it won't happen until "it makes sense" Microsoft says.

Gooogle Bot
Better pics without Tom Morello written all over it lol (even paint has a text tool)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378966

Spartan005
Oh Jesus... too much epic

Cannot contain self.......... brace for epic. BRACE FOR EPIC

EPIC ACHIEVED! OH GOD CAN'T HANDLE! FANGASM INITIATING aahasdfASFHASHGASHGHASHSHHAHAHA

ArtificialGlory
Oh Jesus... too much epic

Cannot contain self.......... brace for epic. BRACE FOR EPIC

EPIC ACHIEVED! OH GOD CAN'T HANDLE! FANGASM INITIATING aahasdfASFHASHGASHGHASHSHHAHAHA

OMG! Another Halo game!

EPICLEGENDARYARTIFACT I'MGONNACUMIMGONNACUMMGONNACUMIMGONNACUM!!11one1

Gooogle Bot
OMG! Another Halo game!

EPICLEGENDARYARTIFACT I'MGONNACUMIMGONNACUMMGONNACUMIMGONNACUM!!11one1

OMGFGFGYOURNOTFUNNYATALL

NemeBro
A combination of Halo and Modern Warfare?

Sweet! A combination of two mediocre games may actually make this game worth playing! eek!

But probably not.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Gooogle Bot
OMGFGFGYOURNOTFUNNYATALL

YOURJUSTJELAOUSTHATI'VEBEENINANORGASMICSTATEFORTHE
PAST35MINUTES!!!!!!!AHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAA

Gooogle Bot
YOURJUSTJELAOUSTHATI'VEBEENINANORGASMICSTATEFORTHE
PAST35MINUTES!!!!!!!AHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAA I wasnt quoting you bro.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Gooogle Bot
I wasnt quoting you bro.

nah its cool bro, don't worry about it. hey brobot, wanna go chat a bit about some brostuff in a bit? bro?

hey brobot, you seem pretty cool, bro.

bro, like really. cool

bro.

S_D_J
Originally posted by NemeBro
A combination of Halo and Modern Warfare?

Sweet! A combination of two mediocre games may actually make this game worth playing! eek!

But probably not.

thumb up

I don't like HALO that much, so maybe that's why I can't see it, but:
What the hell is there to get excited about in those pics?... it looks just like another HALO... yet again! no expression

Tsal Can
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If you're referring to the Natal support then yeah, it's been confirmed that Reach will have Natal support but it won't happen until "it makes sense" Microsoft says.
You just contradicted yourself.

Tsal Can
thumb up

I don't like HALO that much, so maybe that's why I can't see it, but:
What the hell is there to get excited about in those pics?... it looks just like another HALO... yet again! no expression

The graphics, the graphics!!

Ridley_Prime
That's kinda what I was wondering. confused No offense to those that are totally hyped for it.

Originally posted by Tsal Can
The graphics, the graphics!!
They weren't exactly what you would call breathtaking to me. Pretty much the same as the graphics of the last Halo games IMO (not saying they're bad or anything, but you know. Not that much of an improvement either, but that's just my opinion).
Then again, they are only leaked shots, so it may not be fair to judge the game fully just yet.
*shrug*

Spartan005
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That's kinda what I was wondering. confused No offense to those that are totally hyped for it.

They weren't exactly what you would call breathtaking to me. Pretty much the same as the graphics of the last Halo games IMO (not saying they're bad or anything, but you know. Not that much of an improvement either, but that's just my opinion).
Then again, they are only leaked shots, so it may not be fair to judge the game fully just yet.
*shrug*

they look pretty damn good

and the guns in particular are almost photo realistic... especially those last two pics

Dark Exile
true that. Look at that Spartan Laser. jawdrop

S_D_J
So are they finally making a new engine, or is it going run off the same one (as ODST did), because if so, they are not very good graphics..not anymore

...not even true HD... ( I mean 720p)

ArtificialGlory
So are they finally making a new engine, or is it going run off the same one (as ODST did), because if so, they are not very good graphics..not anymore

...not even true HD... ( I mean 720p)

Isn't 720p pretty standard fare for most console games?

S_D_J
Isn't 720p pretty standard fare for most console games?

for most, but not HALO

it runs at 1152x640 (640p)

I know it's "sacrifice resolution for better framerate", but c'mon, 3 years and there are already better looking games running at least at 720p and with not so much of hiccup

BackFire
It's hard to judge graphical quality off of photos off-screen. Don't get too excited.

Zack Fair
I am pretty sure its a new engine. The detail in the weapons is too much for the old engine. They almost look like Killzone 2's weapons(which is awesome) I especially like how the BR looks and there is a new "needler/luncher type" weapon that looks cool.

ArtificialGlory
for most, but not HALO

it runs at 1152x640 (640p)

I know it's "sacrifice resolution for better framerate", but c'mon, 3 years and there are already better looking games running at least at 720p and with not so much of hiccup

It's not that much lower than 1280x720, but maybe Halo runs at 60fps? In that case, it's worth it.

S_D_J
It's not that much lower than 1280x720, but maybe Halo runs at 60fps? In that case, it's worth it.

I was talking about the photorealistic comment, which isn't the case with the current engine, and certainly not worth getting all excited like everywhere in the web (not just here)

like I said, there are already games running at a better resolution and steady framerate, like: Killzone 2... or in the case of 360, GoW
I am pretty sure its a new engine. The detail in the weapons is too much for the old engine. They almost look like Killzone 2's weapons(which is awesome) I especially like how the BR looks and there is a new "needler/luncher type" weapon that looks cool.

if that's the case then yes... but you can't really tell that from a fuzzy screenshot

Zack Fair
Its not like the graphics will keep me from getting it. 131

S_D_J
Its not like the graphics will keep me from getting it. 131

not at all... I just failed to see the reason for the Interwebs uproar over a bunch of fuzzy photos erm

Zack Fair
Fanboyism.

Its hard to fight the urge tto go nuts over any info regarding a franchise when you're a hardcore fan.

I try to fight the fanboy in me, but its a never-ending battle.

Ms.Marvel
man bungie sucks at continuity and its starting to bug me a bit. the battle for reach started and ended before the events in halo 1 even started. so why are things like the battle rifle the mainstream weaponry for the UNSC in this game? according to First Strike when Fred and his Spartan team found the battle rifle and magnums in the underground Reach lab the weapons were prototypes and not even field tested... so what's up with that? why shit on your own novels?

Zack Fair
Games > Novels.

People missed the BR in ODST >>?

Dark Exile
I didnt.

Darth Vicious
Games > Novels.

People missed the BR in ODST >>?

I did a bit but I think the game wouldve been way too easy with it.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
man bungie sucks at continuity and its starting to bug me a bit. the battle for reach started and ended before the events in halo 1 even started. so why are things like the battle rifle the mainstream weaponry for the UNSC in this game? according to First Strike when Fred and his Spartan team found the battle rifle and magnums in the underground Reach lab the weapons were prototypes and not even field tested... so what's up with that? why shit on your own novels?

They do that on a consistent basis

Mandrag Ganon
New Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWrXJ9ZbtA

General G
Love that we are once again fighting Elites. And that Elite in the end of the trailer looked quite badass.

Ms.Marvel
i agree <3 the elites.

General G
I miss them! I was quite disappointed with their lack of appearances during Halo 3 =(

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by General G
I miss them! I was quite disappointed with their lack of appearances during Halo 3 =(
Me too. mad

But yeah. Love the Elites as well.

Mandrag Ganon

I was more disappointed (and confused) in the fact that you didn't fight ANY of them in ODST.

General G
Yeah, Bungie's Explanation of that was kinda put together quickly. We see their dead bodies and we see their energy sword hilts, but that's it. If I remember correctly, I think thier explanation was that when the ship jumped into slipspace, it killed most of the original Covenant ground assault, and then the Covenant only sent in Brutes, which killed the remaining Elites.

Zack Fair
Dr. Hasley is hot.

'Nuff Said.

Ms.Marvel
whered you see hasley? @.@

edit- the cartoon?

Zack Fair
Yep!

WickedDynamite
About Bungie gave us a better Halo game.

This looks better than wars and ODST. I'm sure this will be a buy and not a rental.

Zack Fair
The new engine looks hot

Mandrag Ganon
Yeah, Bungie's Explanation of that was kinda put together quickly. We see their dead bodies and we see their energy sword hilts, but that's it. If I remember correctly, I think thier explanation was that when the ship jumped into slipspace, it killed most of the original Covenant ground assault, and then the Covenant only sent in Brutes, which killed the remaining Elites.

Yea... that explanation makes no sense, considering that the first mission is "Immediately after drop" which was while the ship was jumping into slipspace. Chief saw the fleet before it went to Earth after he killed Regret, and there is NO way Chief made it to Regret that quickly...

Dr. Hasley is hot.

'Nuff Said.

She looked so damn young. I always imagined her slightly more mature...

Zack Fair
Yea... that explanation makes no sense, considering that the first mission is "Immediately after drop" which was while the ship was jumping into slipspace. Chief saw the fleet before it went to Earth after he killed Regret, and there is NO way Chief made it to Regret that quickly...

She looked so damn young. I always imagined her slightly more mature...

I know, but I just viewed it like the cute anime chick in every anime.

Spartan005
It was nice seeing a bunch of spartans together but the trailer itself was kind of a letdown. I mean, how much more uneventfull could it get?

But the engine looks great, and I like the idea of a darker halo game. hopefully bungie stops with the laid back shooter approach and goes for some more fast paced combat like the CoD games... after all this is the fall of reach, which I believe was the biggest battle ever throughout the halo universe

Nemesis X
The trailer was nothing but weak sauce. I see a group of Spartans and OMG, an Elite pops up after the trailer! eek!

...Come on Bungie, you can do better than that erm

Zack Fair
I doubt Bungie will change the formula, but hey I hope they do.

Zack Fair
First details

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1060968p1.html

S_D_J
The new engine looks hot

Is it really a new engine?

Ms.Marvel
i dont have if my heart can take another halo game. sad

i wasted so much time of my life 'gasming over the first three!

Zack Fair
Is it really a new engine?

http://xcastonline.com/index.php/News/halo-reach-scans-details-leak.html

Yeah it has been confirmed

Zack Fair
Halo Reach Vidoc

-9VRl0hgqbQ

I love/hate Bungie

SpadeKing
its a team full of spartan IIIs and one spartan II.... has Bungie ever though with the books, new games, and the new shows that they are just complicating this storyline even more?

Zack Fair
Its not really Bungie's fault. They are actually tired of working on Halo after Halo. This is supposed to be their last game and plan to go out with a bang by giving fans what they want. IE: Reach battles, Spartan team, Spartan III etc. etc.

They also came up with Noble team to give themselves breathing room for an all-new story not attached to the strings that come with the novels.

BTW 30 covenant troops vs player, 4 spartans and 8 marines is going to be beast.

Spartan005
Halo Reach Vidoc

-9VRl0hgqbQ

I love/hate Bungie

Looks really good so far. but then again so did the ODST vidoc...

Zack Fair
Looks really good so far. but then again so did the ODST vidoc...

ODST wasn't bad. It was just overpriced for an expansion(fkn microsoft) But it was a great expansion.

Halo Reach on the other hand is an entirely new entry with a new engine; new focus on re-capturing the amazement/exploring elements of Halo: Combat Evolved; NO FKN FLOOD what so ever which makes the game WIN IMHO; and finally a team of Spartans. We're bound to get some kickass scenes.

Edit: I'm aware ODST didn't have flood, but alas its part of Halo 3 which had the fricking Cortana level...*Sniff* That level is still painful.

General G
That vidoc...Elites...DMR...SPRINTING! (been wanting that since Halo 2)...I actually cannot wait for this game...Looks sick.

S_D_J
http://xcastonline.com/index.php/News/halo-reach-scans-details-leak.html

Yeah it has been confirmed

It piqued my interest

I might actually give a try, I got bored quickly with HALO3, and wasn't interested in ODST in the slightest

Spartan005
Why does no one seem to like Halo 3? I just don't get it.

Anyway, the beta should be interesting. I'm glad they're not making the multiplayer class based.... that would make the game way too similar to CoD. But I wonder what exactly they're changing around so much that they need a beta in the first place. Unless its just a marketing decision

Zack Fair
I can't wait! I loved Halo 3. I still play Halo 3 multiplayer, and have beaten the campaign multiple times.

zeroking24
halo is the best game made. I have met the creator and he is so cool he seid i gcould get a job there but im only in high school right now so i cant but want to. I have read all the books and comics played all the games on legendary and beat them all and will never get tierd.

Mandrag Ganon
Single most obvious april fools joke of all time: http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/gaming/gaming-news/2010/04/halo-reach-coming-to-playstation-3/

Zack Fair
Halo movie

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/40236/halo/videos/halomovie_trl_040110.html

Ms.Marvel
OMFG THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME HOLY SHIT MOST REALISTIC CGI I'VE EVER SEEN!

Darth Vicious
Halo movie

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/40236/halo/videos/halomovie_trl_040110.html

No wonder its called Fall of Reach!

Zack Fair
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1081686p1.html

Some multiplayer beta details about weapons, armors and abilities.

I'm interested.

Zack Fair
5IKg2SmfrCg

Two men enter. The better man leaves. The lesser man is respawning.

FistOfThe North
has anyone seen that crazy halo reach commercial. i thought it was a "big budget" movie trailer.

Zack Fair
The making of a spartan III short?

FistOfThe North
no. it's called "birth of a spartan". saw it while watching "V". and it's the best video game commercial i've ever seen in a long while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeF3VAqhArE

Ms.Marvel
thats what zack was referring too ermm

Zack Fair
durw00t

zeroking24
The thing i dont like about it is that your health dosnt regain and u have to pick up first aid kits to gat healed.

Ms.Marvel
beta keys are being given to people a few days earlier , like, today.

a limited amount though

Zack Fair
Yeah. A friend of mine got it. Little mofo. Sad thing is he warned me about it and since I was too tired from playing SSF4 until 5am I didn't bother. Now I see him playing and I'm like "You sneaky little *******************************!"

SaTsuJiN
the only abilities that look pretty awesome to me so far are the armor lock-up skill, and the rolling

Ms.Marvel
i just dont feel excited about this game erm

even i can only play so much of the same thing... it just looks like typical halo to me tbh. i put wayyy too much of my life into three.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. I've been trying to make myself excited for this, but just... can't right now for some reason. Maybe I'll have a change of heart once the game is past the beta phase.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. I've been trying to make myself excited for this, but just... can't right now for some reason. Maybe I'll have a change of heart once the game is past the beta phase.

I'm looking forward to it.

Zack Fair
I'm playing the beta for the first time right now.

Zack Fair
Hehehe just had a lot of fun using the sprint in combination with the sword

Darth Vicious
I played a few games then backed out and now I cant get back in. Damn servers. U would think they had learned with the MW2 map pack. I enjoyed playing Head Hunter (no homo).

Zack Fair
Why would Bungie learn from a mistake Infinity Ward made?

Joe K
Matchmaking is all messed up though, Takes forever to play a game.

Zack Fair
Its working just fine for me. Have you checked your search? Maybe you have selected skill or language which makes things slower.

Darth Vicious
Its working just fine for me. Have you checked your search? Maybe you have selected skill or language which makes things slower.

Yeah. I got it for "Good Connection". I was doing fine until I back out to the lobby.

Spartan005
I had two hours to play the game today. Nope.

Stupid server was down. Now I can't play till the weekend. ****

Darth Vicious
I had someone knife me a couple of times. Anybody know how its done?

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I had someone knife me a couple of times. Anybody know how its done?

Sneak up behind someone and hold down the Mele attack button for about a second.

Anyone know if there is an assassin spree medal? I was trying to find out and assassinated 4 people in a row, but was betrayed while assassinating the final person.

Ms.Marvel
anyone else getting that servers are down messages

Zack Fair
Its been like that for a while now. I saw the 250K + numbers on the beta and I almost choked. Did you get to try any armor abilities? The Elite roll is among the funniest and most useful ones. In fact is very versatile for varying situations.

Zack Fair
The DMR is teh r godlyz! So is the new version of the Plasma Rifle. Much much better man. Anyone done any nice things with armor abilities? I am mainly sticking to the sprint because that was a feature I always wanted in Halo, and because I've been playing MW2 a lot the last couple of months so I'm used to sprinting about. I like how no AA is entirely abusable for the moment(exceptt the elite's roll but meh that is the only AA they get in the beta so far so it needs to be up there with the rest of them), but all the jetpacking in powerhouse makes me lol.

Don't try to get close to anyone during the armorlock animation. It will drain your shields and leave you completely vulnerable to a beatdown. Instead just time it so you can stick them as they come out of the animation.

Ms.Marvel
from most favorite to least: stalker, scout, jetpack, armorlock.

scout when use correctly can be reeeally good to confuse the enemy team. i was playing a team slayer match on powerhouse and my three allies all left halfway through so it was 4v1. stalker is really good for situations like that because it allows you to do hit and run types of things. i lost but only by three kills.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
from most favorite to least: stalker, scout, jetpack, armorlock.

scout when use correctly can be reeeally good to confuse the enemy team. i was playing a team slayer match on powerhouse and my three allies all left halfway through so it was 4v1. stalker is really good for situations like that because it allows you to do hit and run types of things. i lost but only by three kills.

Nice!

Ms.Marvel
grenades are really irritating btw >_>

Zack Fair
Armorlock for the win against nade spamming.

Ms.Marvel
indeed!

armorlock is also helpful for ambushes because it allows you to peak around walls.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>