Metal Gear Solid Rising

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
Another Announcement at Microsoft's Press conference.

Metal Gear Solid has come to X-Box 360.

S_D_J
Source?

Edit: OMG!
Metal Gear Solid Rising...?

that a new game?... must be.. maybe multiplatform?

Gamerr-X
MGS has always been a Sony product, Microsoft dont deserve such a title.

PS3 has always had great exclusives that owned 360's, and now 360 found a way to get a legend of a game that originated from PS onto their console.

Quincy
This true?

Zack Fair
I see what you did there TC biscuits

S_D_J
Originally posted by Quincy
This true?

yep

...staring Raiden?

at Kojima's next, the storm has stopped, only 2:50 hours left. It will probably show the trailer

(11:51:10 AM): The next major release will be called Metal Gear Solid Rising and development is currently underway for Xbox 360. He didn't say anything about solid snake. Showing a trailer.

(11:51:47 AM): Clouds shifting, shots of Raiden. Raiden is Back, pronounces the trailer. Completely new Metal Gear experience. 'You can look forward to many great things.' Mattrick says that the Microsoft platform is now complete. And Kojima goes off stage. Mattrick is very happy.

Quincy
Ouch to PS3 owners.

Me.

Zack Fair
So its a new MGS game?

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Gamerr-X

PS3 has always had great exclusives that owned 360's, and now 360 found a way to get a legend of a game that originated from PS onto their console.

Just Like Sony did with Final Fantasy. And I would have to disagree this statement that PS3's exclusives owned the 360's.

Gamerr-X
Ouch to PS3 owners.

Me.
Same here.

No way do 360 owners deserve MGS.

Oh well we still have Killzone and Resistance exclusive.

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Yea, Just Like Sony did with Final Fantasy

I hate FF, so doesn't bother me at all, but thats my opinion. PS3 have better exclusives by far.

S_D_J
Ouch to PS3 owners.

Me.

I could say the exact same thing..

... But I own a 360, so I'm feeling contradicted... no expression

Smasandian
Who gives a shit what console a game is on.

As long as people play it. 360 owners don't deserve it? Who gives you a right to tell people that they can't play a game.
Kojima Productions is a company that makes money. This gives an extra stream of revenue for them so they can create more, and better games.

People should love multiplatform games. It's better for the industry.

And I think its all MGS games, not just the new one. But I'm not too sure.

EDIT: Meant for Gamer X.

Neo Darkhalen
Ahh good another MGS game.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So its a new MGS game?
It seems that way

Though a Metal Gear is coming to the PSP Go (New PSP) ... not sure if it is a new Metal Gear or MGS for download

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by Smasandian
Who gives a shit what console a game is on.

As long as people play it. 360 owners don't deserve it? Who gives you a right to tell people that they can't play a game.
Kojima Productions is a company that makes money. This gives an extra stream of revenue for them so they can create more, and better games.

People should love multiplatform games. It's better for the industry.

And I think its all MGS games, not just the new one. But I'm not too sure.

EDIT: Meant for Gamer X.

lol you misunderstand me, Im not ordering or commanding, im stating my opinion. And for the multiplatform thing, I dont like great originals like MGS going to other things, its like when you have your own special saying for ages then everyone is saying it. Plus not to mention the bragging thats gonig to come from alot of cocky 360 owners I know in my area, thats why im annoyed.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by S_D_J

I own both the PS3 and 360, but the PS3 just doesn't cut it. I will always stand by my 360.

Neo Darkhalen
lol you misunderstand me, Im not ordering or commanding, im stating my opinion. And for the multiplatform thing, I dont like great originals like MGS going to other things, its like when you have your own special saying for ages then everyone is saying it. Plus not to mention the bragging thats gonig to come from alot of cocky 360 owners I know in my area, thats why im annoyed.

Stop being a mindless fanboy and accept it's a game....a game going on to a popular console to make money.

ArtificialGlory
I laugh in the face of Sony fanboys.

Neo Darkhalen
I still think the 360 is the superior console. Sony has time to change that, it's just a question of if they are willing to do so.

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Stop being a mindless fanboy and accept it's a game....a game going on to a popular console to make money.
There are people who like exclusives because they are exclusive, and there are people who dont care, im the first thing I said. Nothing can change that. And theres nothing wrong with that, and yes I dont mind being a fanboy, I like PS3 alot and I wont hide it.

Smasandian

As Neo said.

You have to realize its a business, shit happens.

The only thing that would be right to complain is if MGS was exclusive for the 360.

Zack Fair

QFT.

Gamerr-X
As Neo said.

You have to realize its a business, shit happens.

The only thing that would be right to complain is if MGS was exclusive for the 360.
True its a business it happens I know that and I respect what your saying. I know I cant anything about it and I dont want to upset anyone. But I wouldnt care ifits Resistance or something like that, its not really new, and stuff. But ever since PS1 MGS has been sony. Just a bit annoying to see for me, a person who likes old games that have continued to stay loyal to their company.

S_D_J
If it is an exclusive, good (I will still be able to play it)

If it's multiplatform, I'd pick it up for PS3... same with FFXIII

... funny thing though, cuz I usually buy the 360 version if it is multiplatform

ArtificialGlory
At any rate, Metal Gear Solid and Sons of Liberty weren't PS exclusive.

Mandrag Ganon
True its a business it happens I know that and I respect what your saying. I know I cant anything about it and I dont want to upset anyone. But I wouldnt care ifits Resistance or something like that, its not really new, and stuff. But ever since PS1 MGS has been sony. Just a bit annoying to see for me, a person who likes old games that have continued to stay loyal to their company.

Metal Gear solid was re-made on the Gamecube aswell.

KOS+MOS
MGS2 was also on the Xbox for the record.

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
At any rate, Metal Gear Solid and Sons of Liberty weren't PS exclusive.

lol okay few games,but majority have been PS.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by KOS+MOS

Man, this series hardly seems like a Sony exclusive.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by KOS+MOS

PC too. I don't know what Gamerr-X is raving about MGS always being a PS title.

Mandrag Ganon

Yes, but for an exclusive it must be all games, not most.

Neo Darkhalen

MG
MG2 NES

MGS PS1
MGS TS, GC

MGS2, PS2, XBOX
MGS3, PS2, XBOX
MGS PO, PSP
MGS4, PS3

Gamerr-X
*sigh*

Okay you caught me out I admit it I made a few mistakes I wont hide it.

But usually when you think of MGS you think of PS mostly, thats what its mostly been famous for.

ArtificialGlory
MG
MG2 NES

MGS PS1, PC, GC
MGS2, PS2, XBOX, PC
MGS3, PS2, XBOX
MGS PO, PSP
MGS4, PS3

Fixed :P

Neo Darkhalen
Fixed :P

I added twin snakes stick out tongue

Thanks for the PC add (diden't know it was even on PC)

Or 2 for that matter mmm

Mandrag Ganon
*sigh*

Okay you caught me out I admit it I made a few mistakes I wont hide it.

But usually when you think of MGS you think of PS mostly, thats what its mostly been famous for.

Doesn't matter what it's famous for, but what it is on, and Metal Gear Solid is obviously not a Sony Exclusive.

Neo Darkhalen
It's like saying FF is a Sony exclusive when it's clearly not.

ArtificialGlory
I added twin snakes stick out tongue

Thanks for the PC add (diden't know it was even on PC)

Or 2 for that matter mmm

Hehe, no problem. Yea, I remember playing MGS on both PS1 and PC.

Gamerr-X
I admitted I was wrong, mostly.

But when you think MGS you think PS for most people, add if you dont your one of the few.

My opinion.

Neo Darkhalen
I admitted I was wrong, mostly.

But when you think MGS you think PS for most people, add if you dont your one of the few.

My opinion.

No when I think MS I think of an epic and awesome series of games on multiple platforms.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHA!!!!!!!!!

KOS+MOS
lol well they've all been original release exclusives for Sony since MGS1 I guess.

Mandrag Ganon
It's like saying FF is a Sony exclusive when it's clearly not.

It was originally Nintendo untill Sony took it, though nintendo kept handing us hand held Final Fantasy Games.

The MMO: Final Fantasy 11 came out on the 360, and now 13 will be on the 360.

Gamerr-X
Ok lol calm down guys, stop muggin me off stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
It was originally Nintendo untill Sony took it, though nintendo kept handing us hand held Final Fantasy Games.

The MMO: Final Fantasy 11 came out on the 360, and now 13 will be on the 360.

Indeed.

Zack Fair
I like it. Sony kept the the legendary Snake's "final" mission and 360 took Raiden's return to the spotlight.

Anyone else think this will be during the period Raiden rescued Eva?

Gamerr-X
My thoughts: Future MGS shoudlnt go to 360

Your thoughts: Opposite.

We have our opinions, you guys think your right, I think I am.

Zack Fair
Huh?

MGS will sell on any console, Xbox1 excluded.

However I wish it was multiplatform because my 360 luck is as bad as you're ever going to see and I fear my 360 will hit the dust again before the game comes out.

ArtificialGlory

If you believe that MGS going to 360 will impact its quality on the PS3, then I suppose you have some kinda point. However, if you just hate the fact that those evil 360 owners will get to play MGS, then, well... oh boy.

S_D_J
MG MSX, NES, PS2
MG2 MSX, PS2
MGSR NES (MG2 was never released for NES)

MGS PS1, PC, GC, PSP (soon)
MGS TS, GC

MGS2, PS2, XBOX
MGS3, PS2, XBOX
MGS PO, PSP
MGA PSP
MGA2 PSP
MGS4, PS3

re-fixed

Mandrag Ganon

So, even though MGS has been on just about every console, the 360 should be excluded because... why?

ArtificialGlory
re-fixed

MGS2(Sons of Liberty, right?) came out on PC too. I don't know why you removed that.

Gamerr-X
If you believe that MGS going to 360 will impact its quality on the PS3, then I suppose you have some kinda point. However, if you just hate the fact that those evil 360 owners will get to play MGS, then, well... oh boy.

Bit of both.

na I just have one mate who will jump at any opportunity to brag about something like this.

S_D_J
MGS2(Sons of Liberty, right?) came out on PC too. I don't know why you removed that.

Oops big grin...

MG: MSX, NES, PS2
MG2: MSX, PS2
MG SR: NES (MG2 was never released for NES)
MGS: PS1, PC, GC (TS), PSP (soon)
MGS (GB): GBC
MGS2: PS2, XBOX, PC
MGS3: PS2, XBOX
MGS PO: PSP
MGA: PSP
MGA2; PSP
MGS4: PS3

re-refixed big grin

Neo Darkhalen
re-fixed

Acid was more of a spin-off then main titles, ergo I decided not to count
them same for SR.

PSP MGS1 sweet!

Gamerr-X
Is there any point in going on about that list anymore?

Its not annoying me at all if thats what your trying to do.

S_D_J

not trying to annoy you, just stating facts

Neo Darkhalen

No it has nothing to do with you, everyone who comments in here are massive MGS fans and we like to put things in correct perspective.

Now it's become somewhat of a game to compile an accurate list of games.

ArtificialGlory
No it has nothing to do with you, everyone who comments in here are massive MGS fans and we like to put things in correct perspective.

Ahem, I'm not a massive MGS fan... far from it.

Neo Darkhalen
Ahem, I'm not a massive MGS fan... far from it.

Well your continuous posting in this thread leads me to believe you are a fan in some regard, otherwise you wouldn't post in this thread, correct no?

Gamerr-X

Okay.

Sado22
r...rr....raiden? sick

ArtificialGlory
Well your continuous posting in this thread leads me to believe you are a fan in some regard, otherwise you wouldn't post in this thread, correct no?

I posted because I saw that I could make some points and corrections, and because it's just fun. And no, I'm not a fan of MGS in any regard.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Sado22
r...rr....raiden? sick

and for 360 no expression

S_D_J
trailer

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14354401/metal-gear-solid-rising/videos/mgsrising_trl_e3.html

loved the "Sneak in".... instead of the "Jump in"

Peach
I will never, ever understand why fans of a franchise get pissy when a game is released on a console other than their preferred one. You'll live, I guarantee it.

This thread is also not the place for console arguments.

S_D_J
May I suggest changing the thread's title to "Metal Gear Solid Rising" instead?

IGN is also listing it as a PS3 title as well

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Peach
I will never, ever understand why fans of a franchise get pissy when a game is released on a console other than their preferred one. You'll live, I guarantee it.

This thread is also not the place for console arguments.

Some people like to ***** it just happens.

Smasandian
Yeah, that's true.

The only thing that would be annoying is if a major franchise like MGS went to the 360 and was exclusive, then I would be kind of pissed if I just had a PS3.

But it's multiplatform so it's all good.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah, that's true.

The only thing that would be annoying is if a major franchise like MGS went to the 360 and was exclusive, then I would be kind of pissed if I just had a PS3.

But it's multiplatform so it's all good.

You could look at it like:

PS3: gets Snakes side of the story
360: gets Raidens side

Darth Jello

Which is exactly why the definitive version of MGS was on the Gamecube and two games in the series, one of which was part of the storyline were on GBC and mobile phones. Not defending Microsoft, I'm surprised at the popularity of their consoles when they belong in the $20 bin at the used games store next 7 32x's, a Sega CD, and a Virtual Boy. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Which is exactly why the definitive version of MGS was on the Gamecube and two games in the series, one of which was part of the storyline were on GBC and mobile phones. Not defending Microsoft, I'm surprised at the popularity of their consoles when they belong in the $20 bin at the used games store next 7 32x's, a Sega CD, and a Virtual Boy. Just wanted to set the record straight.

What?

Surprised by the popularity?

All the consoles you mentioned are shit. 360 is a pretty good console with a ton of games and some pretty awesome features.

Nemesis X
About time we play as Cyborg Raiden. Thank god I have both a 360 and PS3. I can enjoy both MGS4 and MGSR. The gameplay better make Raiden's moves as awesome as the ones seen in the MGS4 cut scenes.

At first I never thought Metal Gear would ever come to the 360. I always heard the rumors but never believed them since most 360 owners that don't have a PS3 will complain about MGS4 never coming over to the Xbox and they think that posting rumors will make themselves feel better. Now that Metal Gear Solid Rising is announced, I now believe those rumors.

S_D_J
MGS4 isn't coming to 360, so rumors remain false

and MGSR is going multiplatform...

We haven't heard (let alone seen) anything about the gameplay. and yet the game has such rabid response big grin... wonder how it's actually going to play

... I also wonder why they changed it from Espionage Tactical Action to Lightning Bolt Action... no expression

S_D_J
BTW: the game it's also coming out for PC (as well as PS3 and 360)

http://psp.ign.com/articles/989/989088p1.html

Zack Fair
Would be funny if it bombed like Substance biscuits

Sado22
...........why raiden?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Sado22
...........why raiden?

Because ever since people first saw Raiden in MGS4 fighting in a way that can make your jaw drop, they wished they could play that guy and Kojima is granting their wishes.

Magee
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Because ever since people first saw Raiden in MGS4 fighting in a way that can make your jaw drop, they wished they could play that guy and Kojima is granting their wishes. Exactly this.

The only reason I hated Raiden was because he stole the spot light from Snake in MGS2 where all any one wanted was to play as him and not some emotional kid who could easily pass for a woman. I guess now after four games people don't care as much about playing as snake and would rather play some bad ass cyborg ninja.

Hell Lancer
i don't know what all the fuss is about. Raiden wasn't badass in MGS4. he was just an emo cyborg...just like how he was an emo kid in MGS2.

menokokoro
wow, no one has talked about this since the new trailer came out.

just in case you haven't seen it.

AtM3PGyiQUc

What do you think?

If you ask me, it looks like the game "should" be too easy. The opponents are nothing to raiden, I think they better give him some epic ones not shown in the trailer, like super frogs (from mgs4) cuz even those would be nothing to him

menokokoro
no one has anything to say about the new trailer?

General_Iroh
Looks cool, all I really want is to kill Vamp for myself though, I fought that bastard way too many times to fight off side characters while Raiden took him out

menokokoro
oh man...now you made me think that. i was content before, now i want to do the same

majid86
i loved the fact that you can cut anyone anyway with Raiden

super pr*xy
i've had a boner since i've seen gray fox in that exoskeleton and been dying to play as a ninja in the MGS series.. a real game, not stupid ass substance missions.. i will jerk away my boner with this game..

menokokoro
yeah, too bad you can't play as fox. He is simply the coolest character in the series, and I honestly think he is better than Raiden, besides the fact that Raiden is now the lightning god apparently

Edit: changed not to now

Nemesis X
5SNo8h-KfAU

no expression

srankmissingnin
http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/metal-gear-solid-rising-artwork.jpg

http://legacy.barstoolsports.com/_images/articles/2008/03/27/l_83370466a80166042366f61e50b54441t.jpg

Raiden is Sweet Dee from It's Always Sunny! eek!

Terrible character design. Almost as bad as the voice acting in that trailer.

Smasandian
Not very good trailer as well.

I'm not sure where they are going with the atmosphere of the game. The trailers suggests something hair metal like yet the graphics resemble something similar to MGS4 (which I felt was very Man with No Name esque)

S_D_J
So Rising got canceled, and now we get Revengeeee...

I'm not so sure I'm liking this... it just weird, even by MGS standards

and btw, this one's set after MGS4

ArtificialGlory
"Revengeance"? Allow me to laugh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HOLY SHIT AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA laughing

Nephthys
It gets even better at 2.23.

REVENGE WITH A VENGEANCE!

aweroll

S_D_J
Opinion: Revengeance Will Ruin Metal Gear Solid
A classic franchise is suffering from truly bizarre creative decisions.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1214596p1.html

couldn't have said it better

with Platinum games developing it could be a fun addictive game, but it certainly ruins MGS, specially when Raiden is tossing a MG with his hands

Kazenji
Looking foward to it.

Zack Fair
Sigh.

God-Mod Raiden.

FinalAnswer
I don't know why people think Raiden is all of a sudden some uber guy.

I mean, he kinda held back Outer Haven by himself in MGS4 while having an arm cut off, this isn't anything new.

ArtificialGlory
Good thing I don't give two shits about the MGS franchise. Don't have to worry about it getting turned into DMC and stuff like that.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

I mean, he kinda held back Outer Haven by himself in MGS4 while having an arm cut off, this isn't anything new.

He literally stopped a ship in it's tracks.

Zack Fair

I didn't like him back then either. Raiden and I have a love/hate relationship...I used to hate him when I first played MGS2. Then I grew fond of him and took him for what he was. Then they went and made him Cyborg Ninja Plus in MGS4 and I started hating him again.

S_D_J

He wasn't the main character then, and his uber-ness was only a way to make him likeable

Ban Mido
Personally I've always loved Raiden, and when he became uber I was like "Hell yes!" heck I teared up worried he was gonna die when he was holding off all the enemies with just his sword in his mouth and then when I was Snake crawling through the "oven" I about lost it when I was watching Raiden lose, I was like "NOOO! MUST MASH FASTER :C!!!!!"

BUT THAT BEING SAID...Even being a huge Raiden fan....the whole..Rising being canceled...does not please me no expression...how this new one is set AFTER MGS4..I like...but things just...idk...I can't be too picky as I haven't looked too far into the new game...but all I can say is I felt sorry for Kojima at the VGAs :X...he should of just had a translator the poor guy :/...eh I can't find a clear vid of it on youtube but yeah it was sad

Anywho, since it looks like they started making Raiden even more uber...I say they go all the way big grin..so he can tangle with some stronger foes in the VS forum haha :P! Seriously though..I wouldn't mind another outrageously strong "pretty boy" with a shitty past, those are kickass big grin

DAMMIT I CAN'T RESIST...since it's AFTER MGS4...I hope Snake is in it..somewhere...if even for a split second..

Nemesis X
I liked it when the Metal Gear games were all about stealth and going up against nearly impossible odds. One going all Ninja Gaiden kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Smasandian
It's not really a Metal Gear game.

Darth Jello
Should the mods change the name of the thread to reflect the new title of the game? As for new MG games, I would much rather have had enhanced remakes of the first two games on 3DS and maybe other games dealing with Snake's time in Foxhound.

Smasandian
There will be new MG games.

This is just something different. Not really an issue in my opinion, especially considering it's being done by a different developer.

menokokoro
I just watched the new trailer...and I must say I'm very disappointed, it looked so awesome before, I was very excited about the "cut anything" idea, now it looks like that's not.....disappointed, that's all there is to it.

Darth Ray Park
2ONT6-8B94Y

FinalAnswer
Metal May Cry.

Darth Ray Park
Platinum Games make much better games than devil May Cry. And cutscenes will be done by Kojima Productions.

In fact, they might be best hack and slash/beat them up developer there is.

Bayonetta and Madworld are both really, really good and so is vanquish and Infintie Wars.

FinalAnswer
Platinum Games made Bayonetta, which is even more nonsensical then DMC.

And the jibe was aimed at the gameplay itself, seeing as it's looking to be a glorified hack and slash game, like Bayonetta and DMC.

EDIT: Nonsensical hack and slash/beat em ups don't belong in Metal Gear Solid.

Especially ones that troll a character's development.

Darth Ray Park
There is stealth gameplay in demo actually.

Bayonetta is much better than Devil May Cry for the record.

With Raiden it is possible that this kind of gameplay is more sooted.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
There is stealth gameplay in demo actually.

Bayonetta is much better than Devil May Cry for the record.

With Raiden it is possible that this kind of gameplay is more sooted.

We saw, like, five seconds of it, and really, is stealth mandatory in a game where you can play as somebody who can apparently toss Metal Gear Rays around?

I could care less about either, their nonsensical shenanigan plots and characters is what turns me off, the fact that the developer of Bayonetta, the worst of the two in terms of those shenanigans, is making this is lol.

I don't know what sooted means, but why is this Stealth game series throwing out a title that quashes the character development Raiden got in 4, and generally comes off as turning up Metal Gear Solid's goofy nature up to 11.

Oh yeah and basically beingHACKSLASHHACKSLASHHACKSLASHHACKSLASHHACKSLASH
HACKSLASHHACKSLASH

Darth Ray Park
Kojima Productions eill be handling screenplay and cinematics.

Platinum Games are perfect for game starring raiden as cyborg. The way eh fight in 4 is suited for ths genre of game. If they make it starring solid snake, i agree with you, but this is raiden.

We do not know story after 4 yet and why raiden becomes ninja again so you hesitate before saying it ruins the character development.

BTW in story of 4 raiden was already tossing metal gears around and he holds back tanker.

FinalAnswer
Kojima Productions eill be handling screenplay and cinematics.

Platinum Games are perfect for game starring raiden as cyborg. The way eh fight in 4 is suited for ths genre of game. If they make it starring solid snake, i agree with you, but this is raiden.

We do not know story after 4 yet and why raiden becomes ninja again so you hesitate before saying it ruins the character development.

BTW in story of 4 raiden was already tossing metal gears around and he holds back tanker.

The story still has to conform to how the gameplay is structured. You're also assuming that Kojima isn't going to be a troll about this or anything, you know, like they've done before.

As I recall it, wasn't this game basically going to cover Raiden's life from MGS2 to MGS4, and how he grew into a cyborg? Wouldn't that be better, both from a storyline perspective and by imposing limits on how strong Raiden is, since I don't play Metal Gear Solid games for a genre I could care less about?

It's said this is 9 years after MGS4 and he's a cyborg again. From this, we can gather he decided being human again or whatever isn't cool, and he decided having a family wasn't cool either. Unless Rose and his son died or something. That would be pretty hilarious.

He was tossing around Gekkos, which aren't nearly as large as Rays, which he throw around like stuffed toys.

Darth Ray Park
To me it sounds like you are being a hater for no good real reason bro. HK and MG haven't ever dissapointed us yet. Every main entry in the series has been compeltely different form the others and yet still are each arguably one of the best games ever. Even MG 1 and 2 at the time were increduble and groundbraking. Peace Walker was also amazing, and Portable Ops, the worst in the series, still had a great storyline. Even Snatcher and Policenauts which is HK's two games form before the series was great. I have every hope for MGS5, Revengaeance, and Project Ogre. Hideo Kojima do not make bad stories and Vanquish Games do not make bad games, simple reall. You are playing the fool.

He still held back tanker if you remmeber.

It may be far more complicated than that you should wait till release.

BTW if you were real fan and cared about thes tory and characters i dont think you would really find that hilarious.

AlsoIf you were real fan you would play any genre for the story alone.

Not really environemnts and scenario can be mostly same regardless of how you go through with them. Only difference is what it means for the character and certain other things.

I do not no what you mean about kojima being torll

Darth Ray Park
Bantha got your tail FinalAnswer?

FinalAnswer
To me it sounds like you are being a hater for no good real reason bro. HK and MG haven't ever dissapointed us yet. Every main entry in the series has been compeltely different form the others and yet still are each arguably one of the best games ever. Even MG 1 and 2 at the time were increduble and groundbraking. Peace Walker was also amazing, and Portable Ops, the worst in the series, still had a great storyline. Even Snatcher and Policenauts which is HK's two games form before the series was great. I have every hope for MGS5, Revengaeance, and Project Ogre. Hideo Kojima do not make bad stories and Vanquish Games do not make bad games, simple reall. You are playing the fool.

He still held back tanker if you remmeber.

It may be far more complicated than that you should wait till release.

BTW if you were real fan and cared about thes tory and characters i dont think you would really find that hilarious.

AlsoIf you were real fan you would play any genre for the story alone.

Not really environemnts and scenario can be mostly same regardless of how you go through with them. Only difference is what it means for the character and certain other things.

I do not no what you mean about kojima being torll

Don't mistake me, Hideo Kojima is a genius. However, he has an appetite for trolling. MGS2, as good as it is, is evidence of that, but don't ever think that I believe Hideo Kojima is a poor videogame maker.

Cool. Which crushed him after 10 seconds.

If it releases and the storyline is fine, then that's fine. I'm reacting, however, to what is being shown to me, in an attempt to entice me. What I've seen, especially the trailer before this one, gives me doubts.

Schadenfreude

Silly little man, why do you think I played the God of War series? Because the storyline, characters, environment, themes, ect. actively interested me. Storyline is more important then gameplay in my book, else I wouldn't bother with the Dragon Age games. The problem with Metal Gear Rising is that the trailers suggest it is becoming too campy and nonsensical for my tastes.

If the gameplay is more action oriented, chances are the storyline and cutscenes are going to be more action oriented as well.

You realize we are discussing this man
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/5/54/Hideo_Kojima.gif
right?

Bantha got your tail FinalAnswer?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrrh54oziE1qafrh6.gif

Zack Fair
Kojima is a skilled troll.

Darth Ray Park
I still don't see it as far as KH being a troll. What do you mean? MGS2 was awesome, if you mean about having raiden as main character well i liked raiden and dont see any problem with it.

Fair enough to most fo what you said, but why not give the game a real chance beyond trailer given we know how good the storylines for the other games were? It might just be a porrly made trailer. And I still say that the gameplay being action doesnt mean the storyline will be too. We can still have awesome dialogues and conversations in between hacking our way through enemies.

I have faith that HK/Platinum Games partenrrship will be a good thing. I really do.

BTW how doy ou find out which moderatar. closes a thread?

Darth Ray Park
What brings you to Star Wars Forum Final Answer? smile

FinalAnswer
Lurking

and boredom

Arachnid1
htSmSUaWtBE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara05.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara06.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara04.png

Arachnid1
http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara03.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara02.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara01.png

Arachnid1
t1HzfeUr3i4&feature=player_embedded#!

Man, whoever was playing that was horrible. Not the best first video to showcase the game. The game itself looks great, but he made it look like crap.

Nemesis X
bfpeFE4QhU0

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/LotusAngel83/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

FinalAnswer
Metal May Cry.

ares834
Gameplay looks good.

But the game appears to be raping the MG games. Ugh.

Nemesis X
Are we not getting another stealthy Metal Gear game called Ground Zeroes (with Big Boss I might add)? I only had a problem with Revengeance when it was Kojima's team working on it but since they handed it to Platinum Games, I thought it was okay since Bayonetta was awesome and all and if we remembered Guns of the Patriots, you'd know from Raiden's perspective that everything was hack and slash so really, what were you expecting out of a game about the cyborg? More sneaking and crying like in MGS2? Whether you like it or not, this game's gonna be awesome.

KingD19
He Judo Flips a Metal Gear Ray. Yes.

TheOneOfMortis
Agreed with Nemesis. This is not a main series game, but just a spinoff. Raiden was already establish to be extremely powerful and badass in the main series of games, and the action genre is definitely what suits his character most. The fact that they made an action game where he is depicted as extremely badass and powerful is accurate given the main series. That it is developed by the best action game developer today is an added bonus, with story being handled by the best in the business, Kojima Productions. So depending on how you look at it, you probably couldn't ask for a better game with Raiden as mian protagonsit,

ares834
Are we not getting another stealthy Metal Gear game called Ground Zeroes (with Big Boss I might add)?

Yeah. That looks awesome!

I only had a problem with Revengeance when it was Kojima's team working on it but since they handed it to Platinum Games, I thought it was okay since Bayonetta was awesome and all and if we remembered Guns of the Patriots, you'd know from Raiden's perspective that everything was hack and slash so really, what were you expecting out of a game about the cyborg? More sneaking and crying like in MGS2? Whether you like it or not, this game's gonna be awesome.

I'm sure it will be fun. However, I don't like the idea if such a ridiculously overpowered character in MG. Especially when it's Raiden. I felt the same way in MGS4 as well.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ares834
I'm sure it will be fun. However, I don't like the idea if such a ridiculously overpowered character in MG. Especially when it's Raiden. I felt the same way in MGS4 as well.

Then don't play it. Problem solved haermm

ares834
edit

FinalAnswer
Are we not getting another stealthy Metal Gear game called Ground Zeroes (with Big Boss I might add)? I only had a problem with Revengeance when it was Kojima's team working on it but since they handed it to Platinum Games, I thought it was okay since Bayonetta was awesome and all and if we remembered Guns of the Patriots, you'd know from Raiden's perspective that everything was hack and slash so really, what were you expecting out of a game about the cyborg? More sneaking and crying like in MGS2? Whether you like it or not, this game's gonna be awesome.

I had a problem with this game when Platinum Games took it up, turned the campiness up to 11, and called it ****ing Revengeance.

Seriously, the game was much better under Kojima when it was about Raiden's journey from MGS2 to MGS4, how he rescued Sunny, and how he became a cyborg erm

Also under Kojima this game didn't shit all over Raiden's character development.

TheOneOfMortis
You really don't know that at all until you play it. Kojima Productions are still behind the storyline.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by TheOneOfMortis
You really don't know that at all until you play it. Kojima Productions are still behind the storyline.

The fact that he's a cyborg again is all that I need to know.

TheOneOfMortis
Not at all.

Estacado
So no one played this?

stargun
Just ordered the game today...

Zack Fair
The fact that he's a cyborg again is all that I need to know. I agree.

ares834
NANOMACHINES SON!

Estacado
So I played it for 3 hours its a nice hack n slash game with pretty meh levels and environment ,cut people into pieces is lot of fun.......you have a meter bar below your health and when it hits max you hold LT then press x for horizontal or y for vertical slash or you can always just use the right stick to cut this is called the blade mode. You can use it any time but cuting up people only work when the meter is full.....also it makes you enter a bullet time mode for weaker enemies you can cut them up in instant in the case of stronger ones you have to weaken them first.....dodging is pretty meh in the game...combos are nice though I have only 2 weapons so far the basic sword and a staff....

Nemesis X
WsoriLxNN6g

Kazenji
Heh suck it haters.

Estacado
What he forgot to mention that the dodgin system pretty terrible....im on the last level now final boss is pissing me off....haermm
Funny thing is Im playing on normal and it's pretty hard im not that bad in hack n slash games I beat all 5 Dmc on Dmd mode....maybe im just tired a bit...stick out tongue
Anyways campaign is 4 hours long.....:ermm

-Pr-
The game is all right... I wouldn't pay full price for it though.

BloodRawEngine
I might've considered the short length to be viable issue if the game in question was something like Uncharted 1 or Heavenly Sword; the big difference between a game like those and Rising is that the latter actually has replayability, and in spades at that, despite a few fundamental shortcomings like inconsistent stage design in terms of length. Yeah, I'd've pushed for longer levels in the latter half and maybe an extra one somewhere in between, but having no incentive to continue a game that clearly was made with multiple playthroughs in mind (not unlike the rest of the Metal Gear series, longer or not) isn't the game's fault. I'd've settled for a Boss-rush mode or something myself, but I didn't find myself thinking I'd want much more from the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.