Soul Calibur Broken Destiny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

First_Tsurugi06
Apparently a Soul Calibur 4 port on the PSP. It actually looks pretty good graphically.

Teaser Trailer
CB3gwH5bEEQ

Oh and before someone else does it: http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211121/

SaTsuJiN
its kindof nauseating.. SCIV isnt all that balanced to begin with.. and now on top of it they're gonna throw someone new in there lol..

whats the story for this one?.. pretty sure IV is the final game

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
its kindof nauseating.. SCIV isnt all that balanced to begin with.. and now on top of it they're gonna throw someone new in there lol..

whats the story for this one?.. pretty sure IV is the final game

Dude you obviously don't know how to write a good story. Algol had to of had a father, so what better way to expand on the story than to show his father doing bad ass things?

Oooh a better one Algol's origins! This way we could milk SC franchise even more!

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. the final showdown of nightmare and seigfried was much too cool to trounce upon.. they 'could' ret-con this and pretend its an alternate timeline though.. yay for milking

XanatosForever
That does seem to be the most likely course, considering the title "Broken Destiny"...

Scythe
Do want!

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by XanatosForever
That does seem to be the most likely course, considering the title "Broken Destiny"...
lol Exactly what I was thinkin'.

And I don't suppose the Star Wars characters are in this are they? haermm

SaTsuJiN
Lol.. I cant believe Kratos is gonna be in this.. I doubt anyones going to overcome his range and speed

XanatosForever
Lol.. I cant believe Kratos is gonna be in this.. I doubt anyones going to overcome his range and speed

Whoa, what? Seriously? no expression Isn't that kind of...unfair for the rest of the SC cast?

Ridley_Prime
Oh great.

Scythe
Kratos may be a cheap ass character, but I've learned to accept them. Remember Cable in MVC? I do... That asswhore.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Scythe
Kratos may be a cheap ass character, but I've learned to accept them. Remember Cable in MVC? I do... That asswhore.

To make matters worse he was the default character the cursor went on when you got to the character select.

NemeBro
Lol.. I cant believe Kratos is gonna be in this.. I doubt anyones going to overcome his range and speed ...WHAT!? eek!

SaTsuJiN
http://kotaku.com/5276751/kratos-is-in-the-new-soulcalibur

Yep.. lol.. its cool.. but at the same time.. they probably waited til now so they could actually sell the psp version.. :/

XanatosForever
http://kotaku.com/5276751/kratos-is-in-the-new-soulcalibur

Yep.. lol.. its cool.. but at the same time.. they probably waited til now so they could actually sell the psp version.. :/

They gave him the exact same moveset in his own series...including Rage of Poseidon (maybe even more) and Icarus Wings...no expression This game is spite.

First_Tsurugi06
Because so few apparently bothered to click the GS link

QJdmOu_zk-s

BruceSkywalker
definitely may buy

NemeBro
The new mustache dude looks pretty kickass I admit.

Kratos is still the reason I am buying/hacking this game.

Scythe
I'm just glad there's finally a second PSP game I migght buy cuz it interests me. Also, Ivy is in this, neat.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by NemeBro
The new mustache dude looks pretty kickass I admit.

Shuffle walk = God tier. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

XanatosForever
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Shuffle walk = God tier. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

Yes, but God tier =/= Kratos tier. wink

Nemesis X
Oh so now Namco decides to put Kratos in Soul Calibur. It would've been more awesome if he was on the PS3 version of SCIV. Can you imagine a Kratos versus Darth Vader fight?

Scythe
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
To make matters worse he was the default character the cursor went on when you got to the character select.

Gah, I know.

SaTsuJiN
as good as cable is.. I'm pretty sure I've heard other characters being listed as god tier

anyways. I cant wait to see how bad kratos is gonna own the rest of the cast...its gonna be hilarious

I am who I am
At this rate, I'm just gonna have to get a new PSP. WTF is up wit this slew of good games hittin' the PSP so suddenly?

NemeBro
as good as cable is.. I'm pretty sure I've heard other characters being listed as god tier

anyways. I cant wait to see how bad kratos is gonna own the rest of the cast...its gonna be hilarious ...You do realise he is obviously going to be toned down so he can be brought down to their level, right?

XanatosForever
...You do realise he is obviously going to be toned down so he can be brought down to their level, right?

Either that or everyone else get eleventh hour super powers to deal with him. XD

Bro SMASH
First it was Spawn, Link, and Heihachi.

Next it was Yoda and Darth Vader.

Now it's Kratos? Gosh, who's next? Kain? lol Actually, I guess that's not a bad idea.

NemeBro
GO PYRON GO!

Scythe
Originally posted by I am who I am
At this rate, I'm just gonna have to get a new PSP. WTF is up wit this slew of good games hittin' the PSP so suddenly?

I'm glad, I found my PSP at a park. Glad I can have something to play.

Ban Mido
Hmm The first characters they had in their I enjoyed big grin, The star wars ones kind of were...odd...yet somehow fit, I did enjoy being Vader :3
Now Kratos..he actually kinda fits?
I'm just waiting for another one straight out of left field like "AND........NOW.......WITH...CHUCK LIDDEL" "wait what?" "AND KIRBY" "AH :3!" "AND PHOENIX WRIGHT" "wha...huh?" "BURNING GUNDAM" "ok now you're just..." "GOD!" "...." "PAPA SMURF" "no expression" "AND FINALLY..." "no expression" "..." ":]?" ".....solid snake ;D!" "huzzah :3!" "Nah kidding. it's Hamtaro"

SaTsuJiN
...You do realise he is obviously going to be toned down so he can be brought down to their level, right? Obviously he's not going to be canon Kratos.. but regardless, gameplaywise, he looks ridiculous

WO Polaski
if they can get spawn, who annihilate kratos entire universe and soul caliburs without much effort into the game then im sure they can get kratos.

NemeBro
Spawn at his basic levels is not that powerful.

WO Polaski
neither is green lanterns without there rings or ichigo without his pis.

NemeBro
Relevance?

WO Polaski
read?

k1Lla441
i think he said that becuase you said "Spawn at his basic levels is not that powerful" and he thought you purposely put spawn at basic so he thought he could mimic you and somehow take something away from green lantern and ichigo and try to mock you, which sadly failed.

or hes just random.

NemeBro
Originally posted by WO Polaski
read? Spawn at his normal levels is not that powerful.

Hard concept to grasp?

Scythe
Spawn at his normal levels is not that powerful.

Hard concept to grasp?

Boi, I tells you yo' name is Toby...

WO Polaski
i dont know. is my point hard to grasp? youve yet to even address it despite how correct it may or may not be.

NemeBro
i dont know. is my point hard to grasp? youve yet to even address it despite how correct it may or may not be. What "point" are you ever bringing up.

I replied to your comment saying that Spawn at basic levels is not so powerful.

You then brought up a Green Lantern without his ring and a PIS-free Ichigo.

Both of which are irrelevant.

Then you say "read?"

What the hell does that even mean?

You brought up no "point," don't pretend that you did.

k1Lla441
rofl pwned.

WO Polaski
What "point" are you ever bringing up.

I replied to your comment saying that Spawn at basic levels is not so powerful.

You then brought up a Green Lantern without his ring and a PIS-free Ichigo.

Both of which are irrelevant.

Then you say "read?"

What the hell does that even mean?

You brought up no "point," don't pretend that you did.

Is English your first language?

I am who I am
I'm glad, I found my PSP at a park. Glad I can have something to play. Oh, I get it! You stole it, eh?

NemeBro
Is English your first language? Why yes it is.

Is it yours? Because you are clearly not very adept at applying it.

SaTsuJiN
if they can get spawn, who annihilate kratos entire universe and soul caliburs without much effort into the game then im sure they can get kratos. spawn and necrid's fighting styles were horribly unimaginative and useless

kilik was garbage in 2 and I would still make short work of them

Also, whats the point of listing spawn?.. he was probably 2nd worst next to necrid

(Just to make things clear, I always talk gameplay-wise.. as I dont really give a rats ass what they do in their respective universes)

Scythe
Oh, I get it! You stole it, eh?

If by steal, you mean find it on an empty bench my buds and I sat on, and I asked around to see if anyone dropped it for an hour, so declared it finders keepers, then yes.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Oh so now Namco decides to put Kratos in Soul Calibur. It would've been more awesome if he was on the PS3 version of SCIV. Can you imagine a Kratos versus Darth Vader fight?

There's always DLC. His inclusion here after the whole rumor mill a while back brings him a step closer to the possiblity of consideration from the devs I would think. Unless they try and adhere to the little Star Wars motif in SCIV of course.

FeelGood
Kratos better be downloaded eventually, know I still need to get Yoda.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FeelGood
Kratos better be downloaded eventually, know I still need to get Yoda.

Yes they need to put Kratos as DLC for SCIV. Don't try to get Yoda. That guy is broken.

SaTsuJiN
if by broken, you mean useless and flat out boring, then yes...

if you mean broken, as in him being overpowered in any way.. then no

I am who I am
If by steal, you mean find it on an empty bench my buds and I sat on, and I asked around to see if anyone dropped it for an hour, so declared it finders keepers, then yes. Okay...you didn't steal it...*wink*

Scythe
Okay...you didn't steal it...*wink*

DON'T BE MAD AT ME FOR SHOPPING AT THE RIGHT MOMENT! Haha.

First_Tsurugi06
New gameplay vid with four fights (with newcomer Dampierre at the end)YZqpxeq-YvM

And two new Kratos vids:

vs Talim (BoO Critical Finish included)4irEkMwZ7VE

vs Kilik (sick Icarus Wings combo included)uLdC1GqsfEE

Ryo 666
What giant sword was he using?

First_Tsurugi06
The Blade of Olympus from God of War II.

XanatosForever
Dampierre's grab at 1:58 is too good.

They gave Kratos the BoO?! ****, could they break the game any further? laughing

First_Tsurugi06
Maybe give him two seperate Critical Finishers depending on the weapon he's holding.

Wei Phoenix
Dampierre looks cool. Hope he's an anti-Kratos.

WO Polaski
kratos voice doesnt match his appearance. he sounds like an idiot imo.

XanatosForever
They softened the pitch, for some reason. It is fail.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by XanatosForever
It is fail.

No. It is broken. It even says so in the title.

Confrontation X
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No. It is broken. It even says so in the title. lol...that's also what came to mind when I read the title for the first time weeks ago. I thought this is a way people will criticize it XD

I am surprised this is meant to resemble SC4. I thought it was just going to look like something similar to that SC legends game for wii (character-design wise, not gameplay wise) and I like the stage edits. They are like different times of the day, similar to how Namco edited the stages in the psp game tekken dark resurection (which is supposed to resemble Tekken 5 as SC Broken Destiny resembles SC4). In addition it seems they did the same with the stage bgm's, make different versions of them.

The pierre guy imo not only looks ridiculous but sounds and fights ridiculously. For some reason, himself as well as his stage in that video, seem like they were extracted from Kingdom Hearts or something. He looks a lot like the pirate in Kingom Hearts 1, or the villain of peter pan's world Neverland. His stage look...idk...like Traverse Town, or something close to it. He's also seems goofy.

SaTsuJiN
I love how Kratos gets broken air dial-a-combos for ridiculous amounts of damage for something so basic.. the apprentice had the same crap but he dealt way less damage so it worked out

Sin_Volvagia
I love how Kratos gets broken air dial-a-combos for ridiculous amounts of damage for something so basic.. the apprentice had the same crap but he dealt way less damage so it worked out

The Apprentice was considered cheap too. It seems the guest characters are overpowered (except Link being the worst). Darth Vader seems to be the only balanced one. I dunno bout Heihachi or Spawn.

First_Tsurugi06
Gametrailers has some new stuff (including Kratos' alt. costume):
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/soul-calibur-broken-destiny/11264

Premium
Heihachi was a faster version of himself in SC.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
kratos voice doesnt match his appearance. he sounds like an idiot imo.

The only difference I can hear in comparison to the GoW series is a slightly more gravelly voice. I'd blame SC's influence before anything else seeing as the series (and most fighting games in general) are notorious for voice acting that ranges from sub-par to utter crap (for example, "I fight for my friends"wink.

First_Tsurugi06
Got the game not long ago, and playing it now. As IGN stated, it's pretty much a port of SCIV, which was an easy guess from the start. Kratos, though on the slowish side, especially with a few lows, certainly has a list of moves that almost too easily segue into something bigger (for example, that combo that led to Poseidon's Rage in the video of him fighting Kilik isn't nearly as hard to do as it looks). What's particularly slower seems like they tried to compensate with the sheer range of his chain blades. His signature Square-Square-Triangle combo (Plume of Prometheus) from the GoW games is in this, as is his Tartarus Rage attack (Guard+Triangle in GoW, and his basic vertical attack in this game; just press triangle three times). Basically he's as acessible in this game as he is in GoW itself. As for being "death in a skirt", he's certainly easy enough to use, but I don't have as much trouble fighting a CPU of him as fans did with the Apprentice.

Dampierre, I feel I've only landed a fingerprint on the surface with. I've only rarely managed to pull off any of his more erratic moves that you might see in a few videos, and only ever because I forget that it involves repeatedley pressing a certain button lest he makes a blunder that puts him in a vulnerable position or breaks the overal animation. He's alot about knowing what needs repeatedly pressing the buttons from what I can tell right now. As Gamespot noted, if there was any character to compare him to, it's Voldo.

First_Tsurugi06
Also, for what it's worth:

The characters are all available from the start, in case that wasn't known already. The Gauntlet is more or less the story mode--if it can really be called that. Not to say that it's particularly bad, but it's got kind of an almost satirical obscurity to it (the game itself even calls it obscure). At best, you can call it "cute".

I-Drop
Reviews?

Overdose
Do you need the select button to play this game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.