Do you think Batman 3 will be as successul as "The Dark Knight"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davis Bloome
As far as critical acclaim, box office, and everything else goes, do you all think that Batman 3 will be as successful was TDK?

I think it's very possible but it'll take a lot of hard work, of course. Personally, I think the one thing that'll truly make it possible is if they make the Joker return, and get someone just as talented or more talented than Ledger. If the Joker is to return, they need someone like Johnny Depp.

starlock
Not unless a half decent actor dies while making it.

BruceSkywalker
Batman 3 will be successful, but it will not make TDK type money

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by starlock

I wish people would stop saying ignorant things like this. Only a small fraction of people went to see TDK because Heath died. Before he died there was a large amount of hype going around for the movie, and if he hadn't died the movie would've still broken all the records it did, and been a huge hit. People act as if the entire crowd went to see it because Heath died, and that's not the case at all.

Kainreaver
Hahaha. Heres what Batman and Robin should have been like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60pg6VsoGbk

starlock
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
I wish people would stop saying ignorant things like this. Only a small fraction of people went to see TDK because Heath died. Before he died there was a large amount of hype going around for the movie, and if he hadn't died the movie would've still broken all the records it did, and been a huge hit. People act as if the entire crowd went to see it because Heath died, and that's not the case at all.

The only ignorance is thinking his death did not effect the movie sales...and assuming sales would be the same and the same records would be broken,just shows how ignorant you are...so dont come to a battle of wits...unarmed wink

Kazenji
I did'nt go to see Dark Knight just because of Heaths death i went because i wanted to see a Batman movie and i got it.

Placidity

Half decent? Such Insolence.

Mr Parker

Good point.He's always making ignorant comments like this cause he is just jeoulous that TDK made so much money at the box office and blew away that crapfest Batman 89's performance box office wise.as far as the topic of the thread is concerned,if the script is as good as TDK's was,its very possible that it will be as successful as TDK was box office wise.the one thing it has going for it that TDK had is that people loved Batman Begins so much since it was the only one made at that point that did justice to the comicbook,that they were much eager to see TDK than they were BATMAN BEGINS.many people made the mistake of thinking Batman Begins was just another sequal to that crapfest Burton/schumacher franchise and because of Batman and Robin were hesitant about seeing another batman movies at the theatres.because of how awesome TDK was,I think it will come very close box office wise to what TDK did.opening weekend is guaranteed to make it a smash hit cause of TDK.as far as being just as critically acclaimed,again that all depends on the script.i totally disagree though about having the joker return though,that would be too much like a tv show if they did that,lets see two face survive that fall and have this be HIS movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Good point.He's always making ignorant comments like this cause he is just jeoulous that TDK made so much money at the box office and blew away that crapfest Batman 89's performance box office wise.as far as the topic of the thread is concerned,if the script is as good as TDK's was,its very possible that it will be as successful as TDK was box office wise.the one thing it has going for it that TDK had is that people loved Batman Begins so much since it was the only one made at that point that did justice to the comicbook,that they were much eager to see TDK than they were BATMAN BEGINS.many people made the mistake of thinking Batman Begins was just another sequal to that crapfest Burton/schumacher franchise and because of Batman and Robin were hesitant about seeing another batman movies at the theatres.because of how awesome TDK was,I think it will come very close box office wise to what TDK did.opening weekend is guaranteed to make it a smash hit cause of TDK.as far as being just as critically acclaimed,again that all depends on the script.i totally disagree though about having the joker return though,that would be too much like a tv show if they did that,lets see two face survive that fall and have this be HIS movie.

Do you really think Two-Face survived?

Mr Parker
I sure do.if you recall,gordon and bruce didnt appear to be all that concerned and heartbroken about it all like you would think they would be if he was indeed dead.I think knowing Nolan,he is doing with two face what he did with gordon,making people believe he is dead when he really isnt.I just cant imagine Nolan being an idiot and introducing a key villian like him briefly like he did just to kill him off like that.thats a shumacher/burton thing.I cant imiagine Nolan beig stupid like that like those two idiots Burton and schumacher.if it turns out he really is dead,my opinion on Nolan as the only great batman film director,just went down the toilet and i wont love TDK nearly as much as i do now.

BruceSkywalker
I sure do.if you recall,gordon and bruce didnt appear to be all that concerned and heartbroken about it all like you would think they would be if he was indeed dead.I think knowing Nolan,he is doing with two face what he did with gordon,making people believe he is dead when he really isnt.I just cant imagine Nolan being an idiot and introducing a key villian like him briefly like he did just to kill him off like that.thats a shumacher/burton thing.I cant imiagine Nolan beig stupid like that like those two idiots Burton and schumacher.if it turns out he really is dead,my opinion on Nolan as the only great batman film director,just went down the toilet and i wont love TDK nearly as much as i do now.

good minds think alike.. I've always felt that Two Face is indeed alive and somewhere in Arkham Asylum, so he could definitely return to wreak havoc in Batman 3

SnakeEyes
I think it's definitely possible for the third Nolan Batman film to make as much as TDK. People freakin' loved TDK, so they'll be extremely pumped for another.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
good minds think alike.. I've always felt that Two Face is indeed alive and somewhere in Arkham Asylum, so he could definitely return to wreak havoc in Batman 3

except your mind disagrees with me that the other batman movies were disgraceful batman movies remember? big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think it's definitely possible for the third Nolan Batman film to make as much as TDK. People freakin' loved TDK, so they'll be extremely pumped for another.

exactly.yeah thats what i said.

Raoul
As far as critical acclaim, box office, and everything else goes, do you all think that Batman 3 will be as successful was TDK?

I think it's very possible but it'll take a lot of hard work, of course. Personally, I think the one thing that'll truly make it possible is if they make the Joker return, and get someone just as talented or more talented than Ledger. If the Joker is to return, they need someone like Johnny Depp.

no. More successful than Begins? Sure. As successful as TDK? no. As good a film as it was, imo it's ludicrous to claim that Ledger's death and the subsequent publicity had nothing to do with the success of the movie.

Ridley_Prime
It's also ridiculous to claim that most of everything successful about the movie stemmed from Ledger's death.

BruceSkywalker
except your mind disagrees with me that the other batman movies were disgraceful batman movies remember? big grin

true, true

Raoul
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's also ridiculous to claim that most of everything successful about the movie stemmed from Ledger's death.

i never said most of it did.

Ridley_Prime
I know. Just pointing that out there in case anyone did. stick out tongue

chomperx9
as long as the director that did batman and robin doesnt direct the 3rd film than it will be a sucess

Ridley_Prime
lol Like that would ever happen.

chomperx9
lol Like that would ever happen. hey it happened before it can happen again

Ridley_Prime
Over Nolan's dead body. Schumacher ain't got nothin' on Batman anymore.

BruceSkywalker
Over Nolan's dead body. Schumacher ain't got nothin' on Batman anymore.

Davis Bloome
Lol, do you guys really think they would let someone like Schumacher take over after the success of BB & then the monster that was TDK? The WB seems to learn from mistakes most of the time. We'll never see someone like Schumacher as director of a Batman franchise again.

In any case, after re-watching TDK multiple times within the last few weeks, I have to rethink what I said. It's going to be a lot harder than I originally thought for them to surpass TDK in terms of storytelling and overall quality.

As far as box office goes, it'll likely make a lot of bank, but no more than $800 million worldwide. I could be wrong, though.

chomperx9
they let some schumacher take over after the success of tim burtons films 89 batman and batman returns.

usually the third film with comic movies i noticed turns out to be the least favorite one. like x-men 3 and spidey 3. i bet you in the next batman film with bale they are gonna add to many characters to the movie.

Raoul
I know. Just pointing that out there in case anyone did. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Mr. Rhythmic

Yeah, because the opinion of a guy on a forum trying to make a witty joke using a grim turn of events actually matters. How about instead of being a dick about it, you try to not laugh at his death and give a real thought?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9
they let some schumacher take over after the success of tim burtons films 89 batman and batman returns.

usually the third film with comic movies i noticed turns out to be the least favorite one. like x-men 3 and spidey 3. i bet you in the next batman film with bale they are gonna add to many characters to the movie.

I hope they don't have a bunch of characters in Batman 3.. It should be just the right amount of characters and not an overabundance

starlock
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Yeah, because the opinion of a guy on a forum trying to make a witty joke using a grim turn of events actually matters. How about instead of being a dick about it, you try to not laugh at his death and give a real thought?

Be a grown up....i can speak my mind...and you resort to childish name calling.....oh why are you wearing a sig..made by me then?..oh that was my good nature..helping people...so i exspect you to take off the sig..or you could have been a man and pm-ed me and shared your feelings with me...instead you try childish games!

Heath ledger was a fool...a fool who killed himself being a fool....his acting was sub-par i.m.o...i am entitled to my opinion..grow up and learn to not show your filthy language on these boards.

Badabing
Yeah, because the opinion of a guy on a forum trying to make a witty joke using a grim turn of events actually matters. How about instead of being a dick about it, you try to not laugh at his death and give a real thought? Starlock didn't post anything that several other people on KMC haven't said already. His post was also in better taste than most others who said the same thing. There's no need to resort to name calling over a disagreement. Thanks.

The Nuul
Nope.

Davis Bloome

I agree, there was no point in trying to be witty about someone's death. I could care less whether you're a fan of his acting, but have some respect for someone's passing.

Badabing
I agree, there was no point in trying to be witty about someone's death. I could care less whether you're a fan of his acting, but have some respect for someone's passing. Nobody asked you to jump in. After my post, the conversation was over. Thanks.

Davis Bloome
Meh, sure.

Anyway, back to more important matters, the fact that Nolan is taking a break from Batman could potentially bold well, since he's not rushing to make another movie.

Mr Parker

very true. you can say that again.

siriuswriter
Christopher Nolan is still at the helm.

So...

no. it will not suck. it's not going to be as good as TDK, unless there's some sort of holy miracle batman, TDK had all the right people in all the right parts and just enough drama and just enough explosion and just enough not-really-comic relief.

but christopher nolan does not make bad movies. period.

Davis Bloome
That's all true but it's all a matter of getting the right people in the right roles once again, and making a compelling story that has a lot of twists and turns as TDK did.

Mr Parker
with Nolan at the helm,that wont be a problem,his stories and casting choices have been amazing up till this point so theres no reason to believe thats going to change all of a sudden now.it probably wont be as great as TDK was,but as long as it comes close to being as good as BATMAN BEGINS was,'I'll be happy.

Bat Dude
The thing with Schumacher was that parents were complaining about the Burton movies being "too dark" for their kids to watch... That's why they brought in Schumacher to make a family friendly Hollywood blockbuster movie...

With Nolan, no parents are complaining anymore... That's really the only thing that could make the series like Schumacher's again: Parents complaining...

Davis Bloome
But then you also have to think; TDK was a dark movie and it made a billion dollars, so unless the parents complaining outweigh the parents not complaining, things aren't likely to change.

Darth Martin
It depends on how they choose to follow the last film up.

I think it can do 300 but I don't expect it will get 500 again.

Davis Bloome
if they get the right people in the right roles again, it could be huge, but after watching TDK a gazillion times within the last few weeks, I'm seriously doubting if B3 can surpass what TDK did in terms of money.

Ridley_Prime
Has TDK taught you nothing?! It's not about money, it's about sending a message.

Davis Bloome
The one thing TDK taught me is that everything burns, hence the bad sensation I'm getting in my pants right now.

Ridley_Prime
haermm

Davis Bloome
I think, if anything, one of the majory things that'll help TDK is all the hype that was built up from TDK. But, for the movie's legs to be good, the quality has to be as good or better than TDK, and with Nolan, I can see that happening.

guy222
agreed

Davis Bloome
Honestly, I could see Batman 3 toppling TDK, because with the success of TDK, we all know the marketing will be just as good, if not better the next time around. And just as with TDK, all the main players are likely to be perfect for the role they are chosen to be in. Whether we see a return from Two-Face or the Joker or the introduction of villains like the Riddler or Catwoman, Batman 3 should be a big success. Not to jinx Nolan, but he's going to make damn sure he delivers a well rounded and amazing movie.

For me, I know that my ass is going to be in a theater seat as many times as possible. I'd love for nothing more than for Batman 3 to be able to surpass Titanic, which is totally possible, but we won't know until it actually happens.

Indestructible
Honestly, I could see Batman 3 toppling TDK, because with the success of TDK, we all know the marketing will be just as good, if not better the next time around. And just as with TDK, all the main players are likely to be perfect for the role they are chosen to be in. Whether we see a return from Two-Face or the Joker or the introduction of villains like the Riddler or Catwoman, Batman 3 should be a big success. Not to jinx Nolan, but he's going to make damn sure he delivers a well rounded and amazing movie.

For me, I know that my ass is going to be in a theater seat as many times as possible. I'd love for nothing more than for Batman 3 to be able to surpass Titanic, which is totally possible, but we won't know until it actually happens.

I toatly agree with you. I hope in batman 3 the villians will be Riddler and Two-Face. I hope they dont redo Joker. Heath is the Joker and they shouldnt change it. I heard there was some extra footage from TDK that there gonna use in Batman 3. I heard the scene is Joker and Scarecrow sitting in there Arkham cells. If this rumor is true than it will clear the smoke and we wont need to redo Joker.

BruceSkywalker

agree

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by Indestructible
I toatly agree with you. I hope in batman 3 the villians will be Riddler and Two-Face. I hope they dont redo Joker. Heath is the Joker and they shouldnt change it. I heard there was some extra footage from TDK that there gonna use in Batman 3. I heard the scene is Joker and Scarecrow sitting in there Arkham cells. If this rumor is true than it will clear the smoke and we wont need to redo Joker.

I'll always support my belief that using extra footage from a past movie for the sequel is absolutely, unequivocally stupid. I don't mind if they don't recast the Joker, but if they don't, there's no point in using past footage. Just have him discussed around the beginning and leave it at that. But, I still d want someone to take up the mantle.

lord xyz
If Heath Ledger survived no 3 would be so much better than TDK.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Davis Bloome
I think it has potential, but it will likely come close, but not surpass TDK. Ledger put too much into the movie for it to be surpassed easily.

BruceSkywalker
I think it has potential, but it will likely come close, but not surpass TDK. Ledger put too much into the movie for it to be surpassed easily.

agreed, i think number 3 will make at least $ 600 or $ 700 million worldwide

Davis Bloome
I'm thinking $800 or $900 million worldwide.

BruceSkywalker
I'm thinking $800 or $900 million worldwide.

I thought that at first burt thinking about it $ 600-$ 700 mill ww is prolly a more attainable number

Davis Bloome
"Batman has no limits."

I doubt if Batman 3 makes a billion (though I'd love for it to be the first superhero franchise to do that back to back) but it'll make something close to it. I know that if it's as mindblowing as TDK I'll go see it as many times as my pocket will allow. Hell, if it even looks like it could make a billion or more, I'll see it 30 times.

BruceSkywalker
"Batman has no limits."

I doubt if Batman 3 makes a billion (though I'd love for it to be the first superhero franchise to do that back to back) but it'll make something close to it. I know that if it's as mindblowing as TDK I'll go see it as many times as my pocket will allow. Hell, if it even looks like it could make a billion or more, I'll see it 30 times.

I saw TDK 10 times, so I will mostly see Batman 3 at least 15 times

Davis Bloome
I only saw TDK twice, and would've seen it more if I had the money to do so. With B3 I'll most likely have the money to do so, and will definitely.

BruceSkywalker
I only saw TDK twice, and would've seen it more if I had the money to do so. With B3 I'll most likely have the money to do so, and will definitely.

cool, i also think that the time on this will be similar to TDK

Davis Bloome
That's fine by me, I love when movies are long as long as they are great and keep me interested. In TDK's case, it was an intelligent movie, which made me love it more.

BruceSkywalker
i agree

Davis Bloome
Indeed, I'd be looking forward to the Riddler so much. Idk why but I'd sort of being looking forward to the Riddler a little more than a return from the Joker.

BruceSkywalker
Indeed, I'd be looking forward to the Riddler so much. Idk why but I'd sort of being looking forward to the Riddler a little more than a return from the Joker.

he could definitely be a good villain

Davis Bloome
With Johnny Depp in the role he'd be a great villain onscreen, imo. Lol, for some reason I find him very visually appealing, likely because green is my favorite color and his suit looks badass.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
agree

ditto.

WhoopeeDee
If the WB manages to take care of the piracy in a more resposible manner than they did with TDK....most likely Batman 3 will surpass TDK. I believe TDK was the most downloaded pirated movie of 2008.

Davis Bloome
Most people seem to think so, despite all the tremendous hype that was built up before he died. Everyone was expecting a great movie even before his death. Only a small fraction of it's success can even be attributed to his death.

lord xyz
His death does play a part in the legacy of this film. Yes, it's the Batman film we all wanted, but it's also Heath's last fantastic performance.

Davis Bloome
While that holds some truth to it, I'd rather Heath had lived to give us more than one fantastic performance in this franchise. But, there are still a lot of characters that have yet to be touched upon, and plus, if there's no more Joker, there's always the possibility of a return from Two-Face.

chomperx9
While that holds some truth to it, I'd rather Heath had lived to give us more than one fantastic performance in this franchise. But, there are still a lot of characters that have yet to be touched upon, and plus, if there's no more Joker, there's always the possibility of a return from Two-Face. they should have saved harvey's accident for the 3rd movie

lord xyz
they should have saved harvey's accident for the 3rd movie Although I hated when it happened, and it seemed like sustaining the film too long, I like how it all wrapped up in the end. The Dark Knight ended with the end of the white knight.

Harvey's gone, which I'm glad, because having him in the next film shits over TDK ending. Killer Moth, Bane, Penguin, anyone but Two-Face.

chomperx9
theres a big chance of bale not being in the 3rd movie hes not to thrilled aboutplaying batman again.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/batman_3/news/?a=8141

Ultimate Wil
Not sure if it will or not.

Davis Bloome
theres a big chance of bale not being in the 3rd movie hes not to thrilled aboutplaying batman again.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/batman_3/news/?a=8141

B.S., Bale said he'd gladly come back if Nolan were attached to the project again. He doesn't have any gripes with returning as long as Nolan does.

DarthLazious
I think it will even be better then The Dark Knight as long as Nolan is directing that is.

spidermanrocks
I'm a little by worried now with Batman 3 because most threequels in a trilogy are really bad (such as Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Superman 3, etc.). I hope Batman 3 will be just as great as the first 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.