Green Lanterns VS This Team (no flight allowed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
Green Lanterns VS This Team (no flight allowed)

GL Hal
GL Kyle
GL Kilowog
GL Sodam-Yat
GL John

V.S.

Lobo
Black Adam
Jesus Cable
Hercules

No Flight for Anyone.

Fight in a indestructible football stadium w/ covered dome (no bfr).

Stunner2xx
Wow Team 2 Stops the lanterns hard core
Jesus cable takes half the team
and black adam takes the other half
lobo and hercules are on janitor duty

Enyalus
With these stips Lobo and BA take the entire GL Team.

But yeah, Team Two wins.

Slaanesh
GL win

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
With these stips Lobo and BA take the entire GL Team.

But yeah, Team Two wins.
How the F&^ does Team 2 win?

Besides Cable(no idea how strong he is in this MU), noone can so anything special to them.
Sodam is basically Kryptonian who BTW is about to use the full power of the ION force. Hal who has the Blue Ring, which will charge everyone to full power.
Then you got 3 other top GL's.

Unless you talking about current version of Hal.

Survivor19
I believe this IS currant version of Hal, according to the rules...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Survivor19
I believe this IS currant version of Hal, according to the rules...
That would be stupid. His arm was cleaved off by Agent Orange.

stormultt
this is a hard one seeing as tho these are some of the most powerful GL's ever to grace a comic EVER! and from what they have done but team 2 is n o joke so......im gonna have to say team...2 but not easily team 2 will walk away wit sum broken legs and missin eyes..XD

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
How the F&^ does Team 2 win?

Besides Cable(no idea how strong he is in this MU), noone can so anything special to them.
Sodam is basically Kryptonian who BTW is about to use the full power of the ION force. Hal who has the Blue Ring, which will charge everyone to full power.
Then you got 3 other top GL's.

No BFR and no flying means there's no chance of distancing themselves from Team Two and just blasting away. Black Adam and Lobo would break through any of their constructs, and Lobo's HF would make Hulk envious. Cable can mindrape any member of the GL Team and possibly all of them at once.

The thread says GL Yat, not Ion Yat. And even if we did use current Yat, he's not physically on a par with any of these guys, considering he isn't under a yellow sun right now.

Kilowog is the only GL who can hang with Team Two physically, and that's not enough.

Team Two wins every time.

xJLxKing
No BFR and no flying means there's no chance of distancing themselves from Team Two and just blasting away. Black Adam and Lobo would break through any of their constructs, and Lobo's HF would make Hulk envious. Cable can mindrape any member of the GL Team and possibly all of them at once.

The thread says GL Yat, not Ion Yat. And even if we did use current Yat, he's not physically on a par with any of these guys, considering he isn't under a yellow sun right now.

Kilowog is the only GL who can hang with Team Two physically, and that's not enough.

Team Two wins every time.
Yat is current inside a Yellow Sun big grin
Any ways, I agree with Cable mindraping them. Lobo? Common?

Enyalus
Yat is current inside a Yellow Sun big grin
Dude, he's inside a red sun. The star in the Daxam system...
Any ways, I agree with Cable mindraping them. Lobo? Common?
You don't think Lobo can break a GL construct? erm Without BFR they can't put him down.

Lord Feron
Hal get both his arms and the 2 rings. I'm letts it be Sodam as Ion (essentially you can only use his feats when he was facing sbp).

I was trying to make kilowog and sodam yat the muscle for this. Ion Sodam should be strong + good durability to not die from the ass whooping from SBP. (also he isnt drained under any red sun here and if fully charged)

Enyalus
Team Two still wins 'cause I can't be wrong.

xJLxKing

Dude, he's inside a red sun. The star in the Daxam system...

You don't think Lobo can break a GL construct? erm Without BFR they can't put him down.
Superman has put him doing physically, I think they can do. They can also restrain him.
Also, the sun transformed into a yellow sun! The Ion force busted out.

The Key to winning is Hal and his blue ring, and Yat.

Lord Feron
Team Two still wins 'cause I can't be wrong.

shit... what to do now!

guy222
team two

Enyalus
Superman has put him doing physically,
...When? If you're talking about MoS 30, he was amped. And he didn't KO him or anything close. He punched him into orbit and Lobo was perfectly fine, not even scratched.
Also, the sun transformed into a yellow sun! The Ion force busted out.
That's bad, even for you. No, it didn't.

The Key to winning is Hal and his blue ring, and Yat.
No, the real key to winning is disagreeing with whatever your opinion is. stick out tongue Therein lies the correct answer.

Doctor-Alvis
Forgive me for being creative, but in this situation, as a person who is cheap in combat, and also lazy, if I was a GL would instruct my GL team to teleport to the outside of the unbreakable dome. Now my enemies are trapped and I am not.

Enyalus
Case in point:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Lobo_HF1.jpg

"I'm healin' faster'n' yer hurtin' me."

Enyalus
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Forgive me for being creative, but in this situation, as a person who is cheap in combat, and also lazy, if I was a GL would instruct my GL team to teleport to the outside of the unbreakable dome. Now my enemies are trapped and I am not.
You'd BFR yourself when the OP says no BFR?

...Okay.

Doctor-Alvis
You'd BFR yourself when the OP says no BFR?

...Okay.
The original post doesn't specifically say what the boundaries of the battlefield are, just that you are in an unbreakable dome. The no bfr is typically applied to people who can just teleport their enemies into space or something else to that effect.

xJLxKing
Didn't know he was amped!

So why was the sun glowing??

You'd think that would be it. But you are WRONG!

TricksterPriest
I'm tired of the wanking on Cable. He is not beating a high end GL. Period. Neither is Hercules.

Lobo and Adam are the big problems. Without BFR, or trying to outmaneuver him by flight, they can't put Lobo down. And if he starts bleeding, they'll get swarmed.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm tired of the wanking on Cable. He is not beating a high end GL. Period.
God Cable would. erm

Kris Blaze
Case in point:

"I'm healin' faster'n' yer hurtin' me."

He also happens to be a real pussy and relies completely on physical force. A green lantern can do a bit better methinks.

TricksterPriest
Bull-****ing shit. We saw what happened when he fought a true high herald. Surfer butchered him.

And aside from Yat, any of these guys would do the same. Cable has power limits and he can burn out. Ignoring the TP feats, nothing he did was unreplicatable by compedent GLs. He busted the board. Not bad. Pity Surfer crushed him in a single attack afterwards. Providence? I've seen GLs do bigger and better. Like that giant hook that held the earth.

This is as insane as your claiming a herald jesus cable would solo Apokolips.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
He also happens to be a real pussy and relies completely on physical force. A green lantern can do a bit better methinks.
By what? Trapping him in a construct? Punching him with a construct? Blasting him with energy?

The only two who have a good chance to stop Lobo are Kilowog and Ion. And I don't think Yat cuts the mustard.

Kris Blaze
By what? Trapping him in a construct? Punching him with a construct? Blasting him with energy?

The only two who have a good chance to stop Lobo are Kilowog and Ion. And I don't think Yat cuts the mustard.

Taking stupid pills again?

It's not difficult to shut him inside a dome and incinerate him. Salaak didn't even have to focus in order to do it to one of those telekinetic babies.

Enyalus
Bull-****ing shit. We saw what happened when he fought a true high herald. Surfer butchered him.
After Cable wasted energy by telepathically linking with every mind on the planet, telekinetically keeping an island floating in the sky for weeks, shielding the aforementioned island from 247 tactical warhead strikes and funneling the fallout out of the atmosphere, beating a team of heroes, and reconstructing at the subatomic level everything he damaged during his fight with Surfer.

Also, Guy, John and Kilowog aren't 'true high heralds' anyway.

And aside from Yat, any of these guys would do the same.
The only GLs remotely close to Surfer power-wise are Yat and Hal. The rest are outpowered by Cable.

Ignoring the TP feats,
Why would you do that? Cable is a telepath. That's his main ability. And he can mindrape anyone on this team.

Taking stupid pills again?
Side effect of dealing with xJLx. I apologize in advance.

It's not difficult to shut him inside a dome and incinerate him. Salaak didn't even have to focus in order to do it to one of those telekinetic babies.

It's not a given that Lobo won't be able to bust out of the dome for one, and depending on which GL he was facing he might not get incinerated either. RiH showed he had pretty high durability. He's also taken planet-destroying explosions without a scratch on him. And no, I'm not using feats from his early 90's minis.

erm I've also never seen him totally disintegrated or even close to it. I'd accept him being burned down to a skeleton, but he'd just regen from that. Quickly.

xJLxKing
Side effect of dealing with xJLx. I apologize in advance.

laughing out loud

zeel
I'm tired of the wanking on Cable. He is not beating a high end GL. Period. Neither is Hercules.

Lobo and Adam are the big problems. Without BFR, or trying to outmaneuver him by flight, they can't put Lobo down. And if he starts bleeding, they'll get swarmed.

I would agree with this but the lack of flying in this scenerio gives herc and other brawlers a chance to rip the GL's apart. this fight may be diffrent if the lanterns were not restricted in flight. Then again they get a extra team member.

Doctor-Alvis
I still think Herc and Lobo are at a bit of a disadvantage because the lanterns can still distance themselves without flying if needed.

D_Dude1210

Translation: Marvel will lose, but DC will win!

D_Dude1210
I still think Herc and Lobo are at a bit of a disadvantage because the lanterns can still distance themselves without flying if needed.

How? Flying isn't allowed. I'm assuming levitation and using constructs to transport them qualify under this (or should)?

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
How? Flying isn't allowed. I'm assuming levitation and using constructs to transport them qualify under this (or should)?
They can use constructs to push themselves off the ground like stilts, or swing/travel around the top and sides of the dome, like Spider-man or something. I don't know, maybe construct a small vehicle to carry them around at high speeds along the ceiling, coincidentally, also like Spider-man. Gliding might be pushing it but it's technically not flying. It's the power of imagination.

D_Dude1210
They can use constructs to push themselves off the ground like stilts, or swing/travel around the top and sides of the dome, like Spider-man or something. I don't know, maybe construct a small vehicle to carry them around at high speeds along the ceiling, coincidentally, also like Spider-man. Gliding might be pushing it but it's technically not flying. It's the power of imagination.

Like I said, transportation thru constructs should qualify as "flying" tho in the strictest sense of the stipulations it does not.

TricksterPriest
Translation: Marvel will lose, but DC will win!

And? It's not unreasonable. Lobo is the game-breaker in this. If he wasn't on team 2, they wouldn't have a chance.

Doctor-Alvis
Like I said, transportation thru constructs should qualify as "flying" tho in the strictest sense of the stipulations it does not.
In any sense of the word it's not flying. Unless you count the slang term for moving at high speeds. It's like if you were in a bumper car that drove on the ceiling. Are you flying? No. I'm not suggesting they make bumper cars and ride around on the ceiling but would it be impossible for them to kind of skate around on the surface of the walls or ceiling without flight? Probably. They could get around with Doc Ock style tendrils keeping them out of reach.

Or go the other way, have one guy keep the non-fliers in a vacuous pocket of anti-gravity.

Kris Blaze

Let's not forget Kyle's knack for making robots and enormous constructs.

Doctor-Alvis
I just noticed it says no flying for anyone. That means everyone who doesn't have ranged abilities are pretty boned if they get stuck in the airless anti-gravity field.

Philosophía
Green Lanterns stomp.

Enyalus
And? It's not unreasonable. Lobo is the game-breaker in this. If he wasn't on team 2, they wouldn't have a chance.
I agree with that.

grimify
Lanterns would take this.

Ouallada
Can Lobo still clone himself from his blood now?

The Scribe
Why would a Green Lantern not be able to fly?

The power ring has been shown capable of accomplishing virtually anything within the imagination of the one wearing it; the greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring. No hard upper limit to the power ring's capabilities has yet been demonstrated and it is often referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe". On at least one occasion the rings have been shown to be capable of creating physical changes in the wearer (such as when Arisia aged herself to adulthood).

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Scribe
Why would a Green Lantern not be able to fly?
Just a random guess here...but maybe...probably totally crazy on my part, but, because the thread title says it isn't allowed?

The Scribe
Just a random guess here...but maybe...probably totally crazy on my part, but, because the thread title says it isn't allowed?

I need a better explanation than that. wink

TricksterPriest
Oiiiii. It is a stip posted by the opening post. It is the scenario for the thread, hence, it cannot be argued against.

Lord Feron
bump!

Tazer
Yo.

GLs FTW: just becuz they can fly doesnt mean they cant move quickly..........

wink

Tazer

Aztec123
The lanterns via the numbers, even without flight they are still far more powerful than team two combine. Hal's going to pull another Hank Henshaw on Lobo. John's will power will override his ring and unleash "awesome power" just like he did to Superman, WonderWoman, Zatanna, Flash, Aquaman and Batman. As Kyle, his robots will obliterate Hercules. Then we have Guy who will just look cool, while Yat gets his ass kick by Black Adam. Eventually, Guy will jump in and get his ass kick as well. stick out tongue Anyways I can't see team two taking on Ganthet (while posses by Parrallax). erm

xJLxKing

That's bad, even for you. No, it didn't.
Yes it did. I win!

Enyalus
Yes it did.
Go ahead and prove it.

xJLxKing
Go ahead and prove it.
Did you read the new GL Corps??

Enyalus
Did you read the new GL Corps??
Did it come out today?

xJLxKing
Did it come out today?
I got it at the store. It's only interesting in the first few pages and the last 5 or so. I don't want to spoil it for you. But from what I understood; Yat>Everyone in this thread.

Enyalus
Meh. I'll pick it up Friday.

Lord Feron
I got it at the store. It's only interesting in the first few pages and the last 5 or so. I don't want to spoil it for you. But from what I understood; Yat>Everyone in this thread.

about freaking time. Always liked Yat but due to few and disappointing showings, he could never really shine .. i mean c'mon it's like supes with a god damn GL ring!

Blair Wind
You guys realize that GL's can make TP blockers?
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/1f32a478.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9365/fernusvsjla2h7bv.jpg

That with a GL weapon, they can do whatever the hell they want?
Kyle makes a Green Lantern Justice League like he did against Amazo, and kicks the crap out of them.*
-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA, Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

Only problem I see here is Lobo, but you know, creativety and versatility always win the game. Kyle has made bubbles that contained and evil JL*.
-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

Or, he can tie them up, and turn all the energy they use struggling into music (he's done this before) effectively turning their resistence into something futile.

And that is just Kyle's feats. Hal is equally impressive, Kilowag and Yat are physically as powerful as the other guys, and the rest of the GL's have the luxury of using any green imagined powerset they want. GL's win this every single time. I'm surprised so many people even said team 2 had a chance.

JakeTheBank

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Blair Wind
You guys realize that GL's can make TP blockers?
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/1f32a478.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9365/fernusvsjla2h7bv.jpg

That with a GL weapon, they can do whatever the hell they want?
Kyle makes a Green Lantern Justice League like he did against Amazo, and kicks the crap out of them.*
-Kyle Vs Amazo 2000. The version of the Amazo had the powers of nearly every superhero on Earth. The JSA, JLA, Marvel family, Strange Visitor, Firestorm, etc.
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p368nd.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcu2000secretfiles1p370nr.jpg

Only problem I see here is Lobo, but you know, creativety and versatility always win the game. Kyle has made bubbles that contained and evil JL*.
-Kyle makes a prison for the CSA and holds them for over a day. Ultraman (evil Superman) tries for hours to break it and fails. Kyle kept this up while attending to other business on Earth. Not even their version of Green Lantern could break it.
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20441wd.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452yu.jpg
http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20525fm.jpg
http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20538vf.jpg

Or, he can tie them up, and turn all the energy they use struggling into music (he's done this before) effectively turning their resistence into something futile.

And that is just Kyle's feats. Hal is equally impressive, Kilowag and Yat are physically as powerful as the other guys, and the rest of the GL's have the luxury of using any green imagined powerset they want. GL's win this every single time. I'm surprised so many people even said team 2 had a chance.
Nice scans.

I don't like the one with kyle mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.