The next Zelda game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raijin
Get's a good mention in this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aBqyvH3qmI

Seemingly official artwork that popped up at zeldauniverse recently, with the same artstyle as in the artwork of Twilight Princess.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3530/zeldawiiposter12.jpg

Scythe
Oh my!

Neo Darkhalen
Looks like a female Zant.

Raijin
Maybe, but to me it looks more like a Sage or a spirit of some sort and her overall design looks like the great fairies and fairy queen from Wind Waker.

But I'm more curious about how the game will play without a sword.

First_Tsurugi06
Alot of fans are actually speculating that the little girl is supposedly some sort of personification/manifestation of the Master Sword based on her physical features. I'm personally holdng my judgement until they actually unveil a little more, as long as that may take.

Scythe
But, swords are what make Zelda....umm, Zelda.

Impediment
Zelda needs a re-boot, IMO.

TP was awesome, but a re-imagined OOT can only go so far, if you ask me.

Ushgarak
About as true as you can get, that statement. Judging from his comments over the last few years, Miyamoto is very much aware of Zelda's need for change, though.

Darth Jello
The spirit looks like the Queen of all fairies from Wind Waker. Based on where his shield is...God, I hope they don't make Link right-handed. What I'm really looking for in a major console sequel tho is something to fill in some of the untold stories that people agree on regardless of what order you think the games go in. Specifically, the war before Ocarina of Time, The war with the first Link alluded to in Minish Cap, Ocarina, Tingle's Rupeeland, and Twilight Princess, and the incident leading to the flood.

Ushgarak
The flood wouldn't be much fun as a Zelda game as it is specifically a period where Link is not there.

Mandrag Ganon
hmm... boats... trains... and now no sword... what is happening to my franchise?

Impediment
To be honest, I loved Wind Waker. The sailing aspect was a clever twist on the whole adventure, and I liked using the boat claw to look for treasure and the Triforce.

Still, I had an epiphany:

What about Zelda meets the technological age? Sorta like Zelda meets FFVII. Imagine Link being able to use gadgets and planes and stuff?

General Kaliero
Well, guys, I'm convinced that the Master Sword is still in the picture.

Yep.

Though I guess this means Midna won't be returning... aww.

Peach
Oh hell yeah, new Zelda. And with the traditional, nice art style!

(yeah, I still can't get over how much I despise the cel-style of the Wind Waker games)

Ugh. No >.<

Darth Jello
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well, guys, I'm convinced that the Master Sword is still in the picture.

Yep.

Though I guess this means Midna won't be returning... aww.

Based on the picture, if this is a prequel, then there is a high possibility that Midna is returning. Just not in the roll that you want her to be in...

Raijin
I doubt it's a prequel to TP, just look at Link, he looks taller than he did before.

The girl has some obvious similarities to the Master Sword, I mean, look at her shape, the jewel and the metalic looking part on the bottom of her dress.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Based on the picture, if this is a prequel, then there is a high possibility that Midna is returning. Just not in the roll that you want her to be in...
Prequel would not have the Hero's Tunic. Simple as that.

No, this is a sequel to TP.

Darth Jello
Different Link. And if it is the game I hope it is, that spirit will become the Master Sword as we know it by the end of the game and Midna and her tribe will be the villains.

General Kaliero
Different Link. And if it is the game I hope it is, that spirit will become the Master Sword as we know it by the end of the game and Midna and her tribe will be the villains.
Mm... no. It's TP Link. Hair, pants, shield on the left hand, chain mail under the tunic.

Neo Darkhalen
/It'll be Ganon again.

Darth Jello
Link wasn't a righty in the GC version which made more sense anyway in the context and geography of the game, and I think it's already been well established by looking at the three four swords games that just because a Link looks identical, doesn't mean it's the same one. It's not even clear if he is a righty because if one is fighting with only a shield and no sword, it actually makes more sense to hold a shield in your dominant hand.

Peach
But there already is a prequel to Twilight Princess.

It's called Ocarina of Time.

General Kaliero
But as far as series canon stands, the Wii version is the correct one. TP Link is officially a righty, sad as I am to see a Link leave our left-handed ranks.

The Four Swords games cannot be considered proof of your concept, because that subseries was bound by a graphical mainline with relatively primitive sprites originally done for the GBA. FS series Links look identical because a consistent art style connects those games.

Also, please don't tell a sword fighter how to sword fight. The sword is held in the dominant hand, for the extra control and precision it grants. A shield in the offhand doesn't need nearly so much.

Finally, TP has a prequel. It is called Ocarina of Time.

Darth Jello
I'm talking about the true first game in the series, before the Minish Cap or Ocarina of Time, the one that's been hinted at in almost every game starting with Ocarina of Time. The game where the Master Sword is actually created and the whole imprisoning war with the dark interlopers actually takes place. The one where there's a war over the triforce so horrific that it actually necessitates the creation of the Master Sword and the Temple of Time.

First_Tsurugi06
But as far as series canon stands, the Wii version is the correct one. TP Link is officially a righty, sad as I am to see a Link leave our left-handed ranks.

No. TP Link is canonically left-handed based on GCN TP's status as the original project. Wii TP is but the most commercialized version. That assumption only holds ground if this Link turns out to be TP Link, but with Miyamoto's current claims of a "different era" and "completely different ", which make up the only semblance of confirmation for this game thus far, his info forms a bit of contradiction to that.

General Kaliero
So far, The Minish Cap is the earliest game in the series, and speaks about the Golden Force and the Picori Blade, long before the Triforce was defined as three triangles, or the Master Sword was needed. If there is a "true first" game, it will be in following with the style of The Minish Cap.

Also, the Imprisoning War? It's OoT. Ganondorf stole the Triforce, entered the Sacred Realm, and twisted the world to his desire, until Link, with the help of the Sages, defeated him and sealed him away in the Sacred Realm.

The war with the Dark Interlopers did not involve the Master Sword, or indeed even a green-clad Hero.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
No. TP Link is canonically left-handed based on GCN TP's status as the original project. Wii TP is but the most commercialized version. That assumption only holds ground if this Link turns out to be TP Link, but with Miyamoto's current claims of a "different era" and "completely different ", which make up the only semblance of confirmation for this game thus far, his info forms a bit of contradiction to that.
Yeah, not really, no. The Wii version was always considered the more important project, and officially it is the "correct" version. This is only further supported by the first promo art of the next game featuring a right-handed Link.

Also, he says Link is "older than he was... closer to adulthood," implying that this is the same Link, at least a few years on from TP.

ScreamPaste
I disagree, GK, alot of the offical TP art is lefthanded, and the game was originally left handed, and was only mirrored to make it easier for righty's with the wii remote.

IMO, Link always has and always will be a lefty.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I disagree, GK, alot of the offical TP art is lefthanded, and the game was originally left handed, and was only mirrored to make it easier for righty's with the wii remote.

IMO, Link always has and always will be a lefty.

Lefty's united!

S_D_J
*looks at thread*

I wasn't aware Zelda had a timeline... or canon for that matter no expression

Zelda needs a reboot... but dear god, not one like Wind Waker sick

Mandrag Ganon
Mm... no. It's TP Link. Hair, pants, shield on the left hand, chain mail under the tunic.

That's early art, and in the Game Cube version Link was left handed. It was only in the Wii version that he was right-handed. Could be a new link, but I doubt it. He does look older though.

Originally posted by Peach
But there already is a prequel to Twilight Princess.

It's called Ocarina of Time.

Wouldn't OOT have had to have been released AFTER TP to be consitered to be a Prequel? Besides, according to Miyamoto, OOT takook place before LOZ, AOL, ALTTP, and LA. Then MM, WW, and TP were sequels to OOT. Many believe WW and TP to be in two seperate time lines, because of the events of OOT.

Yea, like I said, OOT wouldn't be consitered a Prequel to TP. That's like calling A New Hope a Prequel to Empire Strikes Back.

Originally posted by S_D_J
*looks at thread*

Yea, it does, just noone other than Miyamoto knows what it is... though sometimes I am not sure Miyamoto knows. erm

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by S_D_J
*looks at thread*

Zelda needs a reboot... but dear god, not one like Wind Waker sick
Agreed. Wind Waker was pretty gay all around. I hope they don't do somethin' like that again.

kgkg
I don't know why so many people hate Wind Waker? It was a pretty good game, maybe not as good as the other ones but I really enjoyed playing it.

I have played pretty much all the Zelda games and my favorite is still A link to the past.

No matter how bad the game will be it will still be better than many shity Wii games out there smile

First_Tsurugi06
Yeah, not really, no. The Wii version was always considered the more important project, and officially it is the "correct" version. This is only further supported by the first promo art of the next game featuring a right-handed Link.

Also, he says Link is "older than he was... closer to adulthood," implying that this is the same Link, at least a few years on from TP.

After the GCN version was completed. It's the more commercialized version of the two just because it received more press at the time of its announcement after the announcement of Nintendo's next console. Being the publically definitive version doesn't make it the canon version when even the original model of the Wii version wasn't even intended to be in reverse at first. Screampaste said it right already, granted.

Miyamoto also spoke similarly about TP Link at it's announcement trailer, never mentioning which specific Link it was, and he turned out to be a different Link. Saying its in a "different era" is implication enough to belileve so far that this Link is probably another new one where his right-handedness is actaully canon.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed. Wind Waker was pretty gay all around. I hope they don't do somethin' like that again.

The only problems with Wind Waker are the Graphics, Puppet Ganon, and the fact that it was set on the ocean. The story, gameplay, etc. were actually really well done.

Miyamoto also spoke similarly about TP Link at it's announcement trailer, never mentioning which specific Link it was, and he turned out to be a different Link. Saying its in a "different era" is implication enough to belileve so far that this Link is probably another new one where his right-handedness is actaully canon.

You also have to remember that almost every link has had two games

LOZ & AOL
ALTTP & LA (There are people who disagree here, that's one reason I said almost)
OOT & MM
OOA & OOS
WW & PH
FS & FSA
TP (As has been said, this new game may have the same link, so we will have to wait untill then.)
ST (Not released yet, and may be the Link from WW and PH, though I seriously doubt it.)
MC (Odds are, there will be no sequel to this one... well, direct sequel anyway...)

Darth Jello
I think the story has changed in a George Lucas-like manner. The back story of TP is clearly more in line with the imprisoning war than ocarina of time and the musical cue for that sequence was originally called "Imprisoning War". Further proof actually has to do with Link looking identical in the new poster. In TP, after link draws the sword and gets his clothes it states that he's wearing the clothes of the "legendary hero", not "those things the forest children wore 150 years ago". Plus it would be nice to see more serious villains than just Ganon or Vaati, like the interlopers or Twinrova, or the dark tribe before they became the Zuni.

NemeBro
I think instead of arguing your different timeline theories you should wait until the official timeline is released. no expression

Mandrag Ganon
Yea, but arguing the theories is the fun part. big grin

Darth Jello
no theories, this is straight from the game. Besides, everything prior to windwaker is pretty linear and doesn't merit much argument, I just want a good game with a good story which other than Phantom hour glass' controls, they've been able to deliver every time.

Mandrag Ganon
I think the story has changed in a George Lucas-like manner. The back story of TP is clearly more in line with the imprisoning war than ocarina of time and the musical cue for that sequence was originally called "Imprisoning War". Further proof actually has to do with Link looking identical in the new poster. In TP, after link draws the sword and gets his clothes it states that he's wearing the clothes of the "legendary hero", not "those things the forest children wore 150 years ago". Plus it would be nice to see more serious villains than just Ganon or Vaati, like the interlopers or Twinrova, or the dark tribe before they became the Zuni.

Hey, Zelda has yet to not have a serious villian.

Tsal Can
Zant

Mandrag Ganon
Zant was a pawn, nothing more.

Darth Jello
But he was insanely creepy at times. I would like to see their leader back in the days when they had the triforce.

Mandrag Ganon
He was really cool untill you found out he was Ganondorf's pawn... sorta killed his character.

occultdestroyer
How does Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventures fit in the plot?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
How does Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventures fit in the plot?
They don't. Nintendo has officially disowned the third-party games Phillips made for the CD-i.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by occultdestroyer

Ugh, blasphemy...

Ryo 666
I never played the Zelda games, maybe I should start.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ryo 666
I never played the Zelda games, maybe I should start.

If only this was BurningThought who said that.

Darth Jello
There's a new tingle game on the horizon with womanizing being central to the plot. I assume it won't be released here but between spirit tracks, a new zelda game on wii, and importing the new tingle game from europe, it's gonna be a nice two years.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
If only this was BurningThought who said that. Whys that?

Burning thought
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
If only this was BurningThought who said that.

lol why would I, I dont like that kind of game, as I said too bright and tame. if they bring one out thats for the PS3 or PC thats darker then I would prob look into it.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Burning thought
lol why would I, I dont like that kind of game, as I said too bright and tame. if they bring one out thats for the PS3 or PC thats darker then I would prob look into it.

Zelda on the PS3 or PC... You speak Blasphemy, my good man.

MooCowofJustice
Props to whoever put out the idea that the spirit we see in the picture is the Master Sword. I like the idea, could be a story about the creation of the Master Sword. Or at least give us some more insight into its origins.

Pearlie Gates
Cool. I always liked Zelda.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
As Yahtzee oh-so-aptly put:

Zack Fair
Will this be for Wii?

Damn it...this looks like the excuse I needed to get the wii...now only if it got a price drop

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
As Yahtzee oh-so-aptly put:

Well, technically you only got the Grappling hook in two games... Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

Sorry, couldn't help it. big grin

And even at that point I don't think you ever got the Boomerang or the hookshot first... unless you are talking about in order between the two items, inwhich case it is always boomerang then hookshot. nerd

I think I play these games too much... nosweat

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Well, technically you only got the Grappling hook in two games... Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

Sorry, couldn't help it. big grin

And even at that point I don't think you ever got the Boomerang or the hookshot first... unless you are talking about in order between the two items, inwhich case it is always boomerang then hookshot. nerd

I think I play these games too much... nosweat
In the original NES LoZ, the Boomerang was the first item that many players picked up, as it's in the first dungeon.

It's the item of Hyrule Castle in ALttP.

The Gale Boomerang is in the Forest Temple, TP's first dungeon.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Will this be for Wii?

Damn it...this looks like the excuse I needed to get the wii...now only if it got a price drop
Seriously? The Wii, of all things, needs a price drop?

Phanteros
Wii does not need a price drop.

Peach
In the original NES LoZ, the Boomerang was the first item that many players picked up, as it's in the first dungeon.

Geek.

stick out tongue

And no, the Wii does not need a pricedrop, nor is there any reason for one yet. Sales have yet to significantly slow down/plateau enough for Nintendo to need to even consider it.

Zack Fair

For me to buy it yes. It doesn't really have anything else going for it besides the wiimote. I dont see why they can't price it the same as an arcade xbox.

General Kaliero
For me to buy it yes. It doesn't really have anything else going for it besides the wiimote. I dont see why they can't price it the same as an arcade xbox.
Because it makes better business sense to sell it at its current, very profitable price, while sales and demand are still too high to warrant a price drop?

Zack Fair
Because it makes better business sense to sell it at its current, very profitable price, while sales and demand are still too high to warrant a price drop?

I know that. It is an issue I've had with its price ever since it was released.

Mandrag Ganon

Heh... I did the dungeons out of order in LOZ. nosweat
You get the Lantern first in ALTTP and slingshot first in TP.

First_Tsurugi06
Actually, it's technically the Fishing Rod you get first in TP

Ushgarak

Blame everyone still willing to buy at that price!

Mandrag Ganon
Actually, it's technically the Fishing Rod you get first in TP

Good point Tisurgi. Either way, the point is, in the vast majority of the games, you get neither the Boomerang or the Hookshot (/Clawshot/Longshot/switch Hook/Grappling hook) first.

Mandrag Ganon
Pertaining to the "She is the Master Sword" theory:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/TomPreston/NewZeldaRumor.jpg

Tsal Can
Ive given up hope for a Zelda game to be better than OoT

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Tsal Can
Ive given up hope for a Zelda game to be better than OoT

There are people that will fight to the death with you on Majora's Mask or A Link to the Past being better than OoT.

There are also countless Midna fanboys and fangirls who would gladly kill you for saying Twilight Princess isn't the best Zelda game ever. But they can go to hell, Midna sucks.

First_Tsurugi06
Nah. Ezlo, now he sucks.

MooCowofJustice
I don't even know who he is but I doubt he's as annoying as Midna was to me.

But that is a discussion for another time. So I will drop that there.

First_Tsurugi06
Talking hat. He was like first-ten-minutes-since-intro Midna, but for the entire game.

Tsal Can
I do love Majora's Mask, maybe a little bit more than OoT

General Kaliero
Please, guys, stay on-topic.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
There are people that will fight to the death with you on A Link to the Past being better than OoT.

And that would be me... starwars
And honestly, I like both Midna and Ezlo. The only characters in the Zelda series I find to be genuinely annoying are Tingle and Kaepora Gaebora.

General Kaliero
Please, guys, stay on-topic.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
And that would be me... starwars
And honestly, I like both Midna and Ezlo. The only characters in the Zelda series I find to be genuinely annoying are Tingle and Kaepora Gaebora.

And hopefully non of those annoying characters are in the next Zelda game.

(See what I did there guys, steered it back on to topic about the game we are supposed to be talking about. wink )

Mandrag Ganon

Apologies.

Originally posted by Dark Exile
And hopefully non of those annoying characters are in the next Zelda game.

(See what I did there guys, steered it back on to topic about the game we are supposed to be talking about. wink )

As long as it doesn't have Tingle... If he is, I will break the TV that brings me this blasphemous news.

Mandrag Ganon
This is not confirmed, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/new-zelda-wii-information-leaked.php#more

Impediment
Miyamoto needs to rack his brain for a new blockbuster, in my opinion.

As I've said before, a re-envisioned OoT can only go so far.

I expect great, and fun, things with the next LoZ installment.

Is there really any other way to see it?

zeroking24
i think they should bring Minda back into the new game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.