The Olympian VS Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Olympian- Loeb version vs The JLA

( I think it was Loeb,McGuiness did the artwork)

VS

Ares- Marvel current

Who wins this Greek showdown?

Enyalus
The Olympian/Achilles beats the hell out of him.

LordofBrooklyn
Ok, its Grant Morrison and it was JLA:CLASSIFIED 1-3 thats the version of Olympain here.

The Scribe
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Ok, its Grant Morrison and it was JLA:CLASSIFIED 1-3 thats the version of Olympain here.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8081/fight0221f.jpg

I like both versions. big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Scribe

Honestly, that scan just looks like The Olympian is sodomizing J'onn with a spear.

Don't warn me, Bada. You know its true!

The Scribe
Excuse me... mad

You people always take things to the gutter.
You know he is speared in the back. disgust

reading

Enyalus
You people always take things to the gutter.
You know he is speared in the back. disgust
I do. smile I read the issues. Although, in my initial reply to this thread, I thought you were referring to the current Olympian in WW.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Enyalus
I do. smile I read the issues. Although, in my initial reply to this thread, I thought you were referring to the current Olympian in WW.

You do...disgust

DC should use both versions. lightbulb

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Olympian/Achilles beats the hell out of him.

Based on what?

The Scribe
Here's the TPB and a review of the story. wink

Review

JLA Confidential, Book 1: Ultramarine Corps

Ed McGuinness eek!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on what?
Ares isn't on the level of a Classic Thor or Immortal Hercules. That's where he'd need to be to compete with this guy.

Ares is very second tier. Like....Balder. Sort of.

jasofisc
Ares isn't on the level of a Classic Thor or Immortal Hercules. That's where he'd need to be to compete with this guy.

i agree with this guy

Rage.Of.Olympus

First of all, not being on the level of Thor, is no shame. He is Thor after all. Second, didn't Ares recently stalemate Hercules in hand to hand combat, going blow for blow?

What has this guy done, to show that he is on Hercules' level much less Thor's?

I'm referring to the recent Olympian.

Enyalus
I'm referring to the recent Olympian.
He's using the non-recent Olympian.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's using the non-recent Olympian.

Oh my bad.

Anyways, you said that the Olympian beats the hell out of him. The recent Olympian based on you're opinion. I'm still wondering what you're basing that on.

Enyalus
Anyways, you said that the Olympian beats the hell out of him. The recent Olympian based on you're opinion. I'm still wondering what you're basing that on.
His fight with Diana?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean, Diana kicking his ass?

He didn't show me anything to say he could beat the hell out of Ares. Sure, he would be able to dodge some his blows to a certain extent, but that's about it.

Enyalus
He didn't show me anything to say he could beat the hell out of Ares. Sure, he would be able to dodge some his blows to a certain extent, but that's about it.
Oh my bad.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Concession accepted.

Enyalus
Concession accepted.
No no, you got it wrong.

You're bad.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No no, you got it wrong.

You're bad.

I didn't see the fact that the thread creator said we used the original Olympian instead of the current one. That's why I said my bad.

We are currently talking about the recent Olympian, and what facts your basing the opinion on, that current Olympian beats the hell out of Ares.

Enyalus
I didn't see the fact that the thread creator said we used the original Olympian instead of the current one. That's why I said my bad.

We are currently talking about the recent Olympian, and what facts your basing the opinion on, that current Olympian beats the hell out of Ares.
Besides Zeus and the other Gods replacing Wonder Woman with him?

Not much, I guess.

And I just realized that the only impressive thing that the JLA: Classified Olympian did was take Aquaman's spear throw to the chest and not die from it. embarrasment

Rage.Of.Olympus
Besides Zeus and the other Gods replacing Wonder Woman with him?

Not much, I guess.

And I just realized that the only impressive thing that the JLA: Classified Olympian did was take Aquaman's spear throw to the chest and not die from it. embarrasment

So just because he was supposed to take Diana's place automatically means he will kick the ass of someone like Ares?

Nice logic there.

A little late there.

Enyalus
So just because he was supposed to take Diana's place automatically means he will kick the ass of someone like Ares?

Nice logic there.

He clearly fared better against Diana than Ares would have. Ares might have good skill, but Diana can match that. And he's vastly inferior in the speed, strength, and versatility department.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He clearly fared better against Diana than Ares would have. Ares might have good skill, but Diana can match that. And he's vastly inferior in the speed, strength, and versatility department.

Dude, that fight lasted for a page. She rammed him into the ground, flew away, he tried to attack her from behind, and got her in a hold, she easily threw him off. She then tried to hit him twice, which he dodged, using his ability. She then tackled him again, and chocked him with barb wire.

He fared much better than Ares would have? I don't agree.

Enyalus
He fared much better than Ares would have? I don't agree.
How did Ares fare against female Ultron? shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

The Scribe

Horrible idea. The only reason there was a female Ultron was because
Frank Cho was the artist at the time.

Bad idea and bad writing. wink stick out tongue

Tazer
Yo.

First of all, not being on the level of Thor, is no shame. He is Thor after all. Second, didn't Ares recently stalemate Hercules in hand to hand combat, going blow for blow?

I think the point to be made is that if Diana was blessed w/the STR about equal to that of Hercules, which puts her head & shoulders above Ares.

and back when WWH finished, didnt Ares get mauled by Herc when he confronted him??

Tazer

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I think the point to be made is that if Diana was blessed w/the STR about equal to that of Hercules, which puts her head & shoulders above Ares.

and back when WWH finished, didnt Ares get mauled by Herc when he confronted him??

Tazer

Diana being stronger than Ares means what exactly? We are debating over something utterly different.

Ares, stalemated Hercules.

D_Dude1210

Hm. Looks like that went in the wrong wrong way.

psycho gundam

Ares is very second tier. Like....Balder. Sort of. marvel ares is like kratos from G.O.W, but on level one of the first game.

dude needs his own series, and all that happens in it is him earning his title. war machine almost beat that ass. (no homo)

Prep-Man
Global Guardian's Olympian? He gets a solid majority.

Golgo13
bump!

LordofBrooklyn
The Olympian still wins!

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The Olympian still wins!
thumb up

(Marvel) Ares is an absolute joke of a character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.