Superman vs Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
How goes it?

StiltmanFTW
RULK

guy222
RULK FTW

JakeTheBank
Is the Loebforce in play? If it is, Rulk stomps.

Nihilist
Rulk loses by default for being total shit.

Grinning Goku
Rulk w/ Loebforce ftw.

shokosugi
easy. Superman.

this might be a good fight if it was Hulk + Rulk vs. Supes

Galan007
Supes.

xJLxKing
Superman.

HueyFreeman
Rulk. He absorbs Supermans powers and then flies off with them shifty

The Nuul
Originally posted by Nihilist
Rulk loses by default for being total shit.

thumb up

zeel
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

I couldnt agree more. RULK= the dumbest character ever created.

In reality supes looses hard unfortunatly. energy absorbtion FTW.

tkitna
Spite against Superman

Bouboumaster
Rulk

NemeBro
Originally posted by shokosugi
easy. Superman.

this might be a good fight if it was Hulk + Rulk vs. Supes no expression

But yeah Superman ftw.

iceman24567
Superman after several high speed hooks.

Master Court
miffed

Ugh!

... Rulk I guess. But he's f**king lame. Having him beat everyone in his f**king path. He shouldn't be aloud in versus. How does Loeb sleep at night? He's not giving Rulk street cred, he's just taking cred away from the people Rulk beats.

Written by a good writer with respect for established icons, Superman wins after an average Superman vs "powerhouse" fight.
Since Rulk tries to be clever, he'd F it up badly and Superman hammers him. Rulk is NOT Hulk.

Hulk has actually posed a threat to Superman before. Rulk is NOT a threat. I don't care if Loeb says Rulk beats Thor, Hulk, Watcher, Surfer, Living Tribunal, Thanos, a Celestial, One-Above-All, etc. Rulk's a lame ass LAME ASS attempt at a hot new character.

Leave it at Superman vs Hulk, with a decent respectful fight, and Superman winning, and all's well that end's well.

The Nuul
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman after several high speed hooks.

What about his straight punches or uppercuts?

Wild Shadow
Rulk absorbs supes energy while supe is standing with hands on hips giving rulk a free attack in the beginning of the fight, rulk using this opening would bear hug him for absorbtion attack. leaving supes weaken rulk snaps his neck. rulk then proceeds to drop supes body in front of the daily planet telling metropolis he has brought their boyscout back, he then flies off in his best superman pose.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Master Court
miffed

Ugh!

... Rulk I guess. But he's f**king lame. Having him beat everyone in his f**king path. He shouldn't be aloud in versus. How does Loeb sleep at night? He's not giving Rulk street cred, he's just taking cred away from the people Rulk beats.

Written by a good writer with respect for established icons, Superman wins after an average Superman vs "powerhouse" fight.
Since Rulk tries to be clever, he'd F it up badly and Superman hammers him. Rulk is NOT Hulk.

Hulk has actually posed a threat to Superman before. Rulk is NOT a threat. I don't care if Loeb says Rulk beats Thor, Hulk, Watcher, Surfer, Living Tribunal, Thanos, a Celestial, One-Above-All, etc. Rulk's a lame ass LAME ASS attempt at a hot new character.

Leave it at Superman vs Hulk, with a decent respectful fight, and Superman winning, and all's well that end's well.

Agree with everything, save that Hulk is a threat to Superman. He isn't.

guy222
poor supes....he loses

iceman24567
What about his straight punches or uppercuts? I was going to say uppercuts but they aren't needed.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by guy222
poor supes....he loses
Do you mind to say why?

guy222
wats he gonna do....fly real fast

that ain't gonna work

rulk is a beast

only getting better til his origin

some don't like em....i love em stick out tongue

iceman24567
wats he gonna do....punch the shit out of Rulk real fast
thumb up

Wild Shadow
thumb up

not if he is in character, supes would ask him to surrender with his hands on hips giving rulk an opening for first attack. stick out tongue stick out tongue

iceman24567
That opening only last for 5 seconds then Superman gets serious and beats the bricks out of Rulk.

guy222
thumb up

stick out tongue

iceman24567
stick out tongue big grin

The Nuul
big grin

2guns

Enyalus
Rulk wins.

Slaanesh
come on..this is total spite..Supes can't do shit here..2 to 3 punches is all Rulk need to put Supes down for good...

The Dark Cloud
Well, I created this thread because I wanted to see what people think. Personally I hate BOTH characters. But based on Rulk's stupid recent PIS on panel feates, and considering WHO he's beaten.....Superman has no chance here...hell, even Pre Crisis Supes would probably have his hands full with Rulk, it seems Rulk IS the new pre crisis Superman.

guy222
Rulk is LoebTastic

Master Court
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Agree with everything, save that Hulk is a threat to Superman. He isn't.

Meh. To each his own.

steverules_2
Originally posted by shokosugi
easy. Superman.

this might be a good fight if it was Hulk + Rulk vs. Supes

I think you must hate superman because if it was Rulk + hulk then supes would be killed...

Xplosive
Rulk easily.

steverules_2
Rulk would just kick supes in the balls

quanchi112
Rulk crushes him.

SouthSpawn
I am sorry, I am loving seeing some of the superman fans whine and cry about the Red Hulk,

IMO, the Red Hulk is exactly who the Hulk should be.

Hulk should always be at WWH/Red Hulk levels to make the character more interesting.

Seeing a big dude green guy was getting boring.

Red Hulk FTW win because I hate Superman.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
I am sorry, I am loving seeing some of the superman fans whine and cry about the Red Hulk,

IMO, the Red Hulk is exactly who the Hulk should be.

Hulk should always be at WWH/Red Hulk levels to make the character more interesting.

Seeing a big dude green guy was getting boring.

Red Hulk FTW win because I hate Superman.

Originally posted by Digi
No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Yeah I know, I just hate Superman.
So I love seeing him lose.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Rulk wins

guy222
thumb up

steverules_2
supes vs Rulk

Warlord
Yeah I don't like Rulk but someone who beats the Grandmaster and a Watcher with casual ease should have no problems with Supes...damn u Loeb

kgkg
lol people crying about Loeb he is also Superman fanboy.

It would be interesting to see who would win if Loeb wrote this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
lol people crying about Loeb he is also Superman fanboy.

It would be interesting to see who would win if Loeb wrote this. I think Superman would initially lose when pitted one on one to later defeat him with help.

Enyalus
No, Loeb Superman would dominate.

Philosophía
Superman.

gogogadgetgo
does rulk currently have silver surfers cosmic powers? if so, rulk wins

Xplosive
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
does rulk currently have silver surfers cosmic powers? if so, rulk wins

With adding SS powers to his own, he would stomp 3 Supermans combined.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Xplosive
With adding SS powers to his own, he would stomp 3 Supermans combined.

if that actually happens, that would make one sucky comic

Mindship
Didn't Galactus strip SSulk of the power cosmic?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Mindship
Didn't Galactus strip SSulk of the power cosmic?

Yes he did, so far Big G is the only thing that is immune to the Leob force............ For now

Juntai
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
if that actually happens, that would make one sucky comic It wouldn't happen in a comic. wink

Hyperion Prime
ahahSuperman wins cuz rulk sucks azzuhuh

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
No, Loeb Superman would dominate. Based on what exactly? The guy needed help against loeb Darkseid for crying out loud.Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
does rulk currently have silver surfers cosmic powers? if so, rulk wins Galactus took it back.

Jynocidus
Rulk smash.

Tenebrous
It is unwise to battle the Power Loeb

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what exactly? The guy needed help against loeb Darkseid for crying out loud.

Loeb Darkseid would've erased Supergirl in one shot.

Loeb Darkseid would do the same to Rulk, so I don't see how that matters.

JakeTheBank
Rulk was designed for Vs. Threads.

None can withstand the Loeb Force.

quanchi112

Loeb Darkseid would do the same to Rulk, so I don't see how that matters. So what?

Rulk beat to death the Grandmaster in a few blows. he beat the shit out of Thor with his own hammer. Rulk also easily creamed savage hulk.

Rulk would annihilate Darkseid with a couple of blows.

Forever Nick
I hate to spew it but Rulk wins.

DarkOdin

Loeb Darkseid would do the same to Rulk, so I don't see how that matters.

Nah Rulk would prep by brushing his teeth so when Darkseid fires the OE at him he would smile and reflect it back at him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Nah Rulk would prep by brushing his teeth so when Darkseid fires the OE at him he would smile and reflect it back at him. laughing out loud

snyper1982
So what?

Rulk beat to death the Grandmaster in a few blows. he beat the shit out of Thor with his own hammer. Rulk also easily creamed savage hulk.

Rulk would annihilate Darkseid with a couple of blows.

Didn't we already debate this a while ago when rulk was new? Thor destroyed him and could have killed him in the rematch... Not to mention he ended up losing to Hulk... Superman. Easily. To fast, to strong. Rulk will never lay a finger on supes.

The Nuul
Originally posted by snyper1982
Didn't we already debate this a while ago when rulk was new? .

But it's Quan so....facepalm

Xplosive
No, because Thor sucker punched him. Rulk got a little carried away with emotions, overheated and was weaker than in the first duel with Thor, when Rulk embarrassed him.

Xplosive
Then went on a rampage on a Silver Surfer level characters and then above SS level without SS power.

snyper1982
Kind of like rulk sucker punching the watcher... I don't see that stopping rulk fanboys from using that as a valid feat....

Xplosive
Kind of like rulk sucker punching the watcher... I don't see that stopping rulk fanboys from using that as a valid feat....

Except that Rulk sucker punch KOed Watcher brutally, while Thor sucker punch didn't.

And also getting hit by Thor hammer direct to the face and was nothing to Rulk and then Rulk demolished him.

Xplosive
The first fight between Rulk and Thor was face to face, Thor giving the first punch and still lost badly.

The Nuul
Rulk is just PIS crap.

DarkOdin
The first fight between Rulk and Thor was face to face, Thor giving the first punch and still lost badly.

Rulk got hit once byHulk before the 2nd battle with Thor. He didn't look worn out and showed no signs of being weaker plus he was owning hulk again. Rulk showed no emotion until he started fighting Hulk again after Thor clubed him. Thor handed Rulk his A** the 2nd battle and Rulk was going to be killed within a few blows by Thor. Also Rulk only was able to do real damage to Thor using Mjolnir

snyper1982
Except that Rulk sucker punch KOed Watcher brutally, while Thor sucker punch didn't.

And also getting hit by Thor hammer direct to the face and was nothing to Rulk and then Rulk demolished him.

Yawnnn. A sucker punch is a sucker punch... It just shows your bias that it is ok as long as it favors your POV...

snyper1982
Rulk is just PIS crap.

My sentiments exactly.

JakeTheBank
Rulk shouldn't even be allowed for intelligent Vs. Debating, IMO.

Xplosive
Rulk destroys Thor.

2nd fight THor sucker punched him, the first one was face to face, Rulk demolished him.

iceman24567
Superman swiftly

The Nuul
Superman swiftly

thumb up

snyper1982
People keep saying rulk would win, but I have yet to see single logical explanation about how he would touch someone as fast as superman, not to mention beat him....

Remember, "Believe me, he would get tagged by the rulk eventually!!" is not a logical explanation, it is a biased opinion.

Wild Shadow
People keep saying rulk would win, but I have yet to see single logical explanation about how he would touch someone as fast as superman, not to mention beat him....

Remember, "Believe me, he would get tagged by the rulk eventually!!" is not a logical explanation, it is a biased opinion.

i already explained it in the first page read it.

JakeTheBank
*shrugs*

I guess some people think that if Hulk can tag super speedsters, his red skilled abortion-of-a-character doppleganger should be able to as well.

snyper1982
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i already explained it in the first page read it.

I did. What you gave was a absolutely biased scenario in which superman looses, without so much as putting a scratch on rulk. lulz... I said a logical explanation as to how he would hit a superman who is actively trying to avoid him... As in how people actually perform in fights, not your fanboy daydreams.

Wild Shadow
I did. What you gave was a absolutely biased scenario in which superman looses, without so much as putting a scratch on rulk. lulz... I said a logical explanation as to how he would hit a superman who is actively trying to avoid him... As in how people actually perform in fights, not your fanboy daydreams.

hey i viewed it as a very unbiased opinion taking into account their CIS and comic history in similar situations not my fault supes reacts that way most of the time.

snyper1982
hey i viewed it as a very unbiased opinion taking into account their CIS and comic history in similar situations not my fault supes reacts that way most of the time.

Well to bad there is the whole fullest potential rule on the forum here...

HueyFreeman
I don't know why every-ones arguing too much over this. Red Hulks in the same category as squirrel girl to me.

quanchi112
Didn't we already debate this a while ago when rulk was new? Thor destroyed him and could have killed him in the rematch... Not to mention he ended up losing to Hulk... Superman. Easily. To fast, to strong. Rulk will never lay a finger on supes. You clearly didn't read the issue. Here, I'll correct you.

Rulk was cheapshotted during his battle with the Hulk. Thor never let up and had him on the ropes. That isn't half bad considering how powerful Thor is and considering the fact he was cheapshotted while fighting the Hulk.

He was overloaded with energy at the time as well. He lost to the Hulk because of this factor coupled with the damage Thor had done just prior.

Supes doesn't whip out his speed like you want him to here. He might use it, but it isn't in character for him to do right off the bat ten out of ten times here. This isn't cbr.

quanchi112
But it's Quan so....facepalm You rarely ever back up your opinions while I always do. That's the difference between you and I.Originally posted by snyper1982
Yawnnn. A sucker punch is a sucker punch... It just shows your bias that it is ok as long as it favors your POV... Ok, so you admit that it was the reason Thor beat him. K, glad we got that straightened out. Originally posted by snyper1982
My sentiments exactly. How so? It seems most just want to dismiss the Rulk's showings because they don't like him. That is the utter definition of bias.

quanchi112
Well to bad there is the whole fullest potential rule on the forum here... This isn't cbr.

snyper1982
You clearly didn't read the issue. Here, I'll correct you.

Rulk was cheapshotted during his battle with the Hulk. Thor never let up and had him on the ropes. That isn't half bad considering how powerful Thor is and considering the fact he was cheapshotted while fighting the Hulk.

He was overloaded with energy at the time as well. He lost to the Hulk because of this factor coupled with the damage Thor had done just prior.

Supes doesn't whip out his speed like you want him to here. He might use it, but it isn't in character for him to do right off the bat ten out of ten times here. This isn't cbr.

Ok. So rulk wins the first one because superman stands there like an idiot, then supes says, oh I am fast enough to turn this guy into a statue. So for the next 9, superman uses his speed and never gets touched. Fair enough.

snyper1982
This isn't cbr.

And? The rule still exists here...

Also, you wwant to know what is truly in character for Superman. Always finding a way to win. That is his greatest ability. So Superman in character will always win, period. lulz.

quanchi112
Ok. So rulk wins the first one because superman stands there like an idiot, then supes says, oh I am fast enough to turn this guy into a statue. So for the next 9, superman uses his speed and never gets touched. Fair enough. Superman will be beaten to near death with a few blows. He takes blows from opponents all the time and measures them up. You are seriously trying to ignore the bulk of his fights and appearances and trying to argue based on powerset. Originally posted by snyper1982
And? The rule still exists here...

Also, you wwant to know what is truly in character for Superman. Always finding a way to win. That is his greatest ability. So Superman in character will always win, period. lulz. They also fight in character.

Every hero usually wins at the end of the day. Superman has gotten his ass kicked countless times in the past and needed aid. This thread exists outside a comic where the hero can lose at the end of the day. Your answers reek of bias.

Wild Shadow
not rulks fault that in character he cheap shots and kills as his first move. * shrugs

Stoic
Rulk would eventually win a slugfest, anyone that can hammer someone on Thors level can do the same to Superman. But if Supes uses his brains and powers this would be a clear victory for him via bfr, all Supes would have to do is grab him by his ankles and toss him into deep space... but like I said before, if this is a slugfest Rulk would eventually win.

snyper1982
Superman will be beaten to near death with a few blows. He takes blows from opponents all the time and measures them up. You are seriously trying to ignore the bulk of his fights and appearances and trying to argue based on powerset. They also fight in character.

Every hero usually wins at the end of the day. Superman has gotten his ass kicked countless times in the past and needed aid. This thread exists outside a comic where the hero can lose at the end of the day. Your answers reek of bias.

Actually, it was sarcasm, but whatever. In character superman looses the first, then wins every one after that. Because like you said, he measures them up. Well after the first fight he doesn't need to do so anymore, and knows he should not be hit by this guy. Superman posses the level of speed to make certain he cannot possibly be hit by this guy.

Stoic
Actually, it was sarcasm, but whatever. In character superman looses the first, then wins every one after that. Because like you said, he measures them up. Well after the first fight he doesn't need to do so anymore, and knows he should not be hit by this guy. Superman posses the level of speed to make certain he cannot possibly be hit by this guy.

Grundy hits him all of the time.

snyper1982
Originally posted by Stoic
Grundy hits him all of the time.

And? No one who is not on his speed level should realistically be able to touch him. If Superman is actively trying to not get hit, he won't. Period.

Stoic
And? No one who is not on his speed level should realistically be able to touch him. If Superman is actively trying to not get hit, he won't. Period.

Very true, but as we all know Superman rarely flies around his opponent peppering them with punches. If we go by his character he'll engage Rulk in a slug it out, and end up losing.

snyper1982
Very true, but as we all know Superman rarely flies around his opponent peppering them with punches. If we go by his character he'll engage Rulk in a slug it out, and end up losing.

Yes, the first time, which is what I said. Once he finds out that doesn't work, he will switch to a smarter tactic, like not getting hit when you are infinitely faster than an opponent. He isn't an idiot, he isn't going to keep doing the same thing over and over. I honestly don't think rulk is gonna 1 punch ko superman, so even giving him 1 is an embellishment IMHO. As once he gets hit, he isn't going to want that to happen again and posses the speed to make that happen.

Anyways, my opinion is that Superman should win 10/10, but I will give rulk 1 due too the fighting in character rule... Superman and any characters like superman should always be able to take a easy majority over straight bricks. ALWAYS.

Wild Shadow
their wont be a second or tenth fight rulk would have snapped his neck and took off flying after obsorbing his power.

Stoic
Yes, the first time, which is what I said. Once he finds out that doesn't work, he will switch to a smarter tactic, like not getting hit when you are infinitely faster than an opponent. He isn't an idiot, he isn't going to keep doing the same thing over and over. I honestly don't think rulk is gonna 1 punch ko superman, so even giving him 1 is an embellishment IMHO. As once he gets hit, he isn't going to want that to happen again and posses the speed to make that happen.

Anyways, my opinion is that Superman should win 10/10, but I will give rulk 1 due too the fighting in character rule... Superman and any characters like superman should always be able to take a easy majority over straight bricks. ALWAYS.

The problem with Rulk is that he doesn't let up until he's battered his foe into pudding as seen when he beat Thor, Rulk was relentless. If Superman tries any other tactic other than bfr he will be playing into Rulks hands, and he will lose.

I agree that Supes powers give him the clear advantage, but his mind does not, which is Supermans biggest weakness, because he likes to engage his opponent, to show them up, like the time that Gog killed him.

snyper1982
their wont be a second or tenth fight rulk would have snapped his neck and took off flying after obsorbing his power.

Nice troll job... But I am not going for it buddy.

snyper1982
The problem with Rulk is that he doesn't let up until he's battered his foe into pudding as seen when he beat Thor, Rulk was relentless. If Superman tries any other tactic other than bfr he will be playing into Rulks hands, and he will lose.

I agree that Supes powers give him the clear advantage, but his mind does not, which is Supermans biggest weakness, because he likes to engage his opponent, to show them up, like the time that Gog killed him.

Well I am done arguing about his, so I guess we will agree to disagree. I gave rulk 1 for the scenario you laid out, and said that he isn't going to keep trying a tactic that doesn't work. I just see no real way for rulk to hit superman once he starts to implement his speed.

quanchi112
And? No one who is not on his speed level should realistically be able to touch him. If Superman is actively trying to not get hit, he won't. Period. This isn't cbr. Period.

Actually, it was sarcasm, but whatever. In character superman looses the first, then wins every one after that. Because like you said, he measures them up. Well after the first fight he doesn't need to do so anymore, and knows he should not be hit by this guy. Superman posses the level of speed to make certain he cannot possibly be hit by this guy. In character means he fights the bulk of his fights in character. He doesn't rely solely on speed when engaging someone who has previously bested him before. If so prove it with a few examples.

snyper1982
This isn't cbr. Period.

In character means he fights the bulk of his fights in character. He doesn't rely solely on speed when engaging someone who has previously bested him before. If so prove it with a few examples.

I said I am done arguing this... Did you miss that? I am especially done arguing this with you, as we have done so before, and I really don't feel like talking to a wall again.

quanchi112
I said I am done arguing this... Did you miss that? I am especially done arguing this with you, as we have done so before, and I really don't feel like talking to a wall again. Haha. If you want to argue based on powersets and ignore what's in character cbr is definitely the place for you.

Rulk wins here.

snyper1982
Haha. If you want to argue based on powersets and ignore what's in character cbr is definitely the place for you.

Rulk wins here.

Cool....

d3str0ya10
Rulk win with or with out loeb force because of his powers.
He can absorb a vast amount of different energies.
Including cosmic and solar, meaning that if supes tried
to hit rulk while in contact rulk could grab and energy drain
spite just SS.
Dont hate on rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.