Ganondorf's Warcraft gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obsidian Fury
I know there will be a lot of sigh to this thread, all the "Not these characters again" thoughts, but I just want to see how this goes, if only as one comment by one person stick out tongue This is also a result of boredom. UTTER boredom.

Ganondorf is deployed in Azeroth and is supposed to climb Mount Hyjal until he reach the World Tree, with the intent of absorbing its powers (Heh, rings a bell?). On his way up, he'll be met by a number of significant foes, along with some less significant ones. He will be following a particular pathway (Mostly for the sake of meeting them all in the supposed order).

These are the condition, beside the significant foes that he will battle:
- Each base (The location of each significant foe) will have an army of elven swordsmen and archers. Two hundred of each, and watchtowers as well as walls of wood.

- Ganondorf does not have the Triforce, so his power is not as top notch as it could be. He's also not only vulnerable to attacks by particular weapons and spells, so although remaining highly resistant to damage, is killable even with mortal means. He may not BFR an enemy to a seperate dimension. If done, it will immediately be brought back by a mysterious force.

- Each opponent as well as Ganondorf only has standard gear. Nothing beyond what is considered default for each one. The first battle will take place immediately, but the longer Ganondorf take, the more preparation will later significant foes get. For each base he brings down, the remaining opponents will learn about the powers he used for each base.

Over to the opponents:

1st base: Queen Sylvanas Windrunner - Post-death.
Sylvanas is given her standard gear, obviously, and will have the obvious advantage of observing his climb. She'll get to do what she does best and battle from higher ground. She may charge down and meet him. He starts a mile from the first base. She may not ascend further than the borders of her own base. The 1st one.
Ganondorf may not destroy her soul (This under the excuse that the Lich King is protecting it)

2nd base: Lady Vashj - Post-Illidan.
Lady Vashj will have her base surrounded with a moat, as well as have a massive moonwell in the middle of it, deep enough for her to use as a battlefield. In order for Ganondorf to be able destroying her soul, she has to be exposed to excessive use of the spell (This under the excuse that Illidan has anchored her soul to the physical plane. The effect is limited, given Illidan not being there to renew it). Like with Sylvanas, Vashj may not ascend beyond the borders of her base.

3rd base: Lich Lord Kel'Thuzad - Post-revival.
Kel'Thuzad may convert his base into undeads, removing their souls in order to shield his troops from that particular move by Ganondorf (For what little good it will do). His base will have a ziggurat of frost with which he can shoot at and slow Ganondorf for as long as the crystal on top of it remains intact. Finger of Death, he may not use.
His soul, much like Sylvanas is protected by the Lich King and may not be destroyed. Kel'Thuzad however, unlike the others, is denied a particular item from his standard gear. The Chains of Kel'Thuzad. As before, Kel'Thuzad like the others aren't allowed to ascend beyond the borders of his base.

4th base: Illidan Stormrage of Outlands - Pre-death.
Illidan may begin to summon demons when Ganondorf has entered the base of Kel'Thuzad, but limited only to twenty demons. When Ganondorf meet up with Illidan, it is forced daylight. Illidan may not darken the sun for the duration of the battle against Ganondorf. Ganondorf will be defined as magical and can not escape the focus of Stormrages gaze. Illidan is his own anchor and his soul will remain on the physical plane for as long as Illidan is not significantly injured. His demon form is physical in this battle. He is not immune to heat and fire in his demon form. His wings are torn, denying him flight. They suffice for extreme jumps and levitation though.

5th base: General Azgalor - Post-Mannoroth.
Little is to be said about Azgalor. He may use rebirth only once, despite the amount of time between his first and second death. His clairvoyance and audience is limited to only above the borders of Illidans base. He may not BFR Ganondorf to a seperate dimension, much like how Ganondorf may not translocate his opponents to a seperate dimension. Ganondorf can not be effected by Doom. Azgalor is resistant to soul damage, but not immune and not protected like the others. Azgalor however, unlike the previous battles, is allowed to retreat rather than forced to die. If he has the time to decide the battle overwhelming, he may teleport to the 6th base.

6th base: The Lich King - Post-Fusion.
Ironically, the Lich King is anchored to the physical realm for this entire battle, disallowing him the ability to enter the spiritual realm. As a bonus for him, so is his soul. Lich King will spend the entire five battles prior his own frozen in a prison of ice (For unexplained reasons). For that reason, he will not know what Ganondorf is capable of. He will be freed when Ganondorf breaks through the 5th base and he then has a few minutes to prepare. If Azgalor survived long enough to retreat, Lich King will slay him and make Azgalors powers his own. Ganondorf will be too strong at will to be dominated by the Lich King. The Lich King will also drain the power of enough elves and fallen to equal the physical strength of Ganondorf.

In this battle, Ganondorf may use the items of the fallen. This list of item include: Belt of Might, Blades of Azzinoth, Cloak of Writhing Shadows, Gauntlets of Might, Girdle of the Betrayer, Nature's Ring, Rod of Undead Mastery, Boots of Elvenkind, Witch's Circlet, Sunstrider's Longbow (If he choose to use it)

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2636/thelichking.jpg

ArtificialGlory
No Triforce of Power? That's kinda gimpy, but so are his opponents up to Illidan or so.

And I don't think Kel'Thuzad ever had Finger of Death to begin with.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
No Triforce of Power? That's kinda gimpy, but so are his opponents up to Illidan or so.

And I don't think Kel'Thuzad ever had Finger of Death to begin with.

I don't really know what Triforce does. I've just heard he can wish people out of existance with it, or something stick out tongue

According to the RPG list of powers, Kel'Thuzad has Finger of Death.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
I don't really know what Triforce does. I've just heard he can wish people out of existance with it, or something stick out tongue

According to the RPG list of powers, Kel'Thuzad has Finger of Death.

I think he can only wish people out of existence with the full Triforce. Triforce of Power is only 1/3 of the Triforce

Ahh yes, KT has Finger of Death in "Manual of Monsters".

Obsidian Fury
I think he can only wish people out of existence with the full Triforce. Triforce of Power is only 1/3 of the Triforce

Ahh yes, KT has Finger of Death in "Manual of Monsters".

If Triforce of Power is required to balance this fight (Making it even enough to not be stomp for either side), then he may have that.

Indeed he does, which is very much canon, so to speak. He is also able to swiftly kill people in World of Warcraft, but that's thanks to his in this fight removed chains.

ArtificialGlory
If Triforce of Power is required to balance this fight (Making it even enough to not be stomp for either side), then he may have that.

Indeed he does, which is very much canon, so to speak. He is also able to swiftly kill people in World of Warcraft, but that's thanks to his in this fight removed chains.

I'm not sure if it's needed. I don't know(in comparison) all that much about Ganondorf, but I'm sure he could beat everyone up until Illidan pretty handily.

Yes, though I don't remember KT ever actually using Finger of Death.

Obsidian Fury
I barely know anything about him. I'm pretty sure this will end up a stomp in his favor stick out tongue Can't say I didn't try though.

I don't think he ever has, but I haven't read any of the books he's been in except for Ashbringer. Kel'Thuzad is never eager to kill his enemies. He rather torment and convert them.

NemeBro
So he has the Triforce of Power?

Before I give an opinion, who here is immune to soul rape?

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by NemeBro
So he has the Triforce of Power?

Before I give an opinion, who here is immune to soul rape?

At initial thought, I'd say no, but when Artificial Glory brought the matter up, I'm not sure. If he needs it to balance the fight, he has it.

Immune: Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzad, Illidan (When not injured too much), Lich King.
Resistant: Vashj, Azgalor (Both when exposed to it for a longer time, it's fatal)

The description elaborate that point. Those anchored can not be soul raped. The exception of that is Vashj who is only limited anchored. Azgalor is only resistant.

Cyner
Hmm... is Ganon's horse considered standard gear? A mile is a long ways to walk...

1st Fight

Ganon v Sylvanas

If she can remain out of sight and keep shooting at him or life draining she stands a chance but Ganon does have a teleport(seems to be line of sight based), and at close range his massive(see ridiculous) strength and fighting prowess would easily overpower her. In addition he does have the ability to launch magic(dark magic?) attacks at range against his foes. More recently he can summon up very short lived liches to attack his foes (see Twilight Princess horse battle).

Utrigita
What can Ganondorf do to be exact, when he doesn't have the Tri-force?

Obsidian Fury
I have no idea no expression

Utrigita
Well, I ask the question because the threads where I have read about him it appears as if he always have the Tri-force since they pretty much all mentions that he can keep his Castle levitated, but if that is the case giving him access to the Tri-force would imo make this thread unfair towards the Warcraft Team.

Obsidian Fury
I really don't know much about Ganondorf. I thought TriForce made him unbalanced, so that's the reason why I left it out. I personally couldn't think of a character that could make this gauntlet even, so I took a chance with Ganondorf.

Utrigita
A good choice imo, we that know Warcraft just need to know what exactly Ganondorf can do without the tri-force. smile

Cyner
Ganondorf was already a wizard of sorts before he got the Triforce of Power. Usually when people refer to the Tri-force they are refering to all three parts together which gives you ultimate power. However when talking about Ganon it's usually Considered that he has the triforce of power because not only is this where he gets most of his power from, but it is basically standard equipment for him. Without his piece of triforce he might lose to the first person on the list, but then we don't know much about his power range before he got it.

ScreamPaste
Ganondorf without the ToP barely exists in any Zelda game at all. He'd be very hard to debate, as it'd be mostly speculation. We do know he was already powerful enough to TK massive rocks, summon and create evil creatures, and cast a death curse on the gaurdian of the world's source of life. But that's all we know for sure.

Obsidian Fury
Whichever Ganondorf is most balanced.

Burning thought
Ganon/dorf with Triforce of power is the typical one you usuallly seen, thats the one that should be used, I think theres been confusion between that and the full triforce which is not default equpment anyway.

Obsidian Fury
Triforce of Power it is, then.

Burning thought
I think personally the first two are going to be painfully difficult to fight against for Ganondorf, apprently Sylvannas, she can get ridiculously good shots with her bow, I say she terminates his eyes and goes through his sockets, maybe killing him if shes as good as ive had her displayed to me as by those who have read books with her in.

Lich Kelth is going to be a bugger as well, especially if he has a lot of minions. After that I cant see Ganon going far, I certainly doubt him clearing it.

Obsidian Fury
Sylvanas did hit four slim, moving vines at the same time when being nothing but a speck in the distance while keeping her spellock channeling. So it counts for something in terms of accuracy.

ScreamPaste
Can her arrows damage him?

Burning thought
well in that case his eyes are fair game, if someone found a durability feat for Ganons eyes I would be surprised, if she is that accurate, then unless her arrows are much of soap bubbles they fly through his eyes and into the back of his head, killing him. Given the distance she likely has, a base to manouver around as well as the likeliness shes also going to moving constantly he could never keep up with her even with teleportation, she could hide, run for cover etc and thats IF he closes distance, its liklely she can weaken or wound him to make it near impossible for him to continue, he would have to rely on some exotic powers to win the first round such as being able to transform his body or disapear etc

ScreamPaste
Give me a destructive feat for the arrows, BT.

Also, can't keep up? Ganon can teleport. no expression He discorporates, arrows = null, possesses her and makes her shoot herself with her own bow.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Can her arrows damage him?

You be the judge of that. Enhanced adamantite arrows, bottomless quiver, several arrows per round with a bow that deliver beyond double the damage it's supposed to.

Supposedly, her bow can fire what's called a "slaying arrow" which is an arrow containing a death effect. My guess, however (Although nothing of the sort is said), is that it's only fatal for the average level heroes that exist. Examples would be Anduin, Saurfang and Alleria smile

ScreamPaste
I ask because Ganon tanks castle busting forces centered on himself without any harm whatsoever, so I need to know if the arrows can hurt him. Adamantite sounds hard, but do they have enough energy behind them to damage him..? I don't know much about her, so it's not for me to call. Ask Nemebro.

Obsidian Fury
Because I feel like it. Sylvanas shoots from the top of the hill you see in the upper left corner of the first square on the first panel

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1562/image004xwj.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1191/image005e.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7592/image006l.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3638/image007y.jpg

Obsidian Fury
I ask because Ganon tanks castle busting forces centered on himself without any harm whatsoever, so I need to know if the arrows can hurt him. Adamantite sounds hard, but do they have enough energy behind them to damage him..? I don't know much about her, so it's not for me to call. Ask Nemebro.

There's a significant difference between blunt attacks and sharp, for what its worth. Sylvanas does have a shitload of amplifications to her arrows. I don't know Ganondorf enough to say anything for certain.

Burning thought

Never done so, the castle shattered but we dont actually see him get hit and the last thing we see of Ganon is a spiritual essence, his physical form already douched...if thats all you can bring up then it seems he falls at 1. so no need for the rest of the Warcraft Gauntlet.

Give me a destructive feat for the arrows, BT.

Also, can't keep up? Ganon can teleport. no expression He discorporates, arrows = null, possesses her and makes her shoot herself with her own bow.

Seems I dont have to, not just because OF has given you one now, but because until Ganon has a single feat for his eyes her arrows can be made from 1mm copper wire, they will stick in his eyes and he will be blind.

I even mentioned teleport....

ScreamPaste
How durable are those tentacles, that the arrows stick in? And I agree there's a difference between blunt and piercing, but it was a piecring attack center'd on Ganon that had enough force to bust the entire castle without scratching him. The difference between blunt and piercing basicly comes down to an expression of Pounds per square inch, or PSI.

Actually, Ganon's seen in his human form immediately after, it never had been 'douched'. And Ganon's "I'm a giant head, =D" form is indeed physical, otherwise what got hit with the trident?

I'm sorry, but your logic is terribly flawed. A being with superhumanly durable tissue will have that durability passed on to all of it's tissues. The eyes may be less durable than say, his chest, or something, but they're still obviously more durable than human eyes.

Burning thought

Actually, Ganon's seen in his human form immediately after, it never had been 'douched'. And Ganon's "I'm a giant head, =D" form is indeed physical, otherwise what got hit with the trident?

I'm sorry, but your logic is terribly flawed. A being with superhumanly durable tissue will have that durability passed on to all of it's tissues. The eyes may be less durable than say, his chest, or something, but they're still obviously more durable than human eyes.

Key word "after" not during or while it happend, while it happened he was a floating head that did not seem physical to me at all, its still not the form he will be taking in this thread thats for sure if you want to give it physical attributes, and show me, I dont remember a trident hitting it.

Not at all, ime sorry but if his eyes are not shown to be durable it makes no sense ot ever try and assume their anything like his skin or his other areas of the body, a human eye cannot be compared to the rest of their body either, theres no reason to believe Ganons eyes are durable.

ScreamPaste
haermm

Obsidian Fury
How durable are those tentacles, that the arrows stick in? And I agree there's a difference between blunt and piercing, but it was a piecring attack center'd on Ganon that had enough force to bust the entire castle without scratching him. The difference between blunt and piercing basicly comes down to an expression of Pounds per square inch, or PSI.

The tentacles I assume has about the same durability as the rest of the hounds skin, given Kalec couldn't do anything to them before Sylvanas helped. Kalecgos, despite being the dragon that he is, was unable to produce enough strength to penetrate the skin of the creature. He barely even scratched it.

I think it was Vereesa (Inferior to Sylvanas) that impaled stone with her arrows (Along with having slain demons, which says a lot), and she didn't have Sunstrider's Longbow. She might have had adamantite arrows, but it hasn't been said. Sylvanas post-death became more than she ever was before, so not only does she have the artifact Sunstrider's Longbow, but a bunch of unholy amplifications and benefits as an undead.

We'll have to remember that Sylvanas arrows are infused with magic. She is also wearing a bunch of artifacts that significantly increase her strength, thus' increasing the efficiency of her arrows (Whos efficiency is already at least doubled by her bow (As a special effect))

NemeBro
Ganondorf reverts to a state of Twilight Matter and possesses Sylvanas, and snaps her own neck.

Is that a fair tactic?

LLLLLink
Is Ganondorf allowed to summon his minions for support?

Phanteros
i am i allowed to cuss?

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ganondorf reverts to a state of Twilight Matter and possesses Sylvanas, and snaps her own neck.

Is that a fair tactic?

For the reason that she's undead, I'll say no. Same goes for Azgalor who is a demon and Lich King for already possessed. He may pass Vashj with that technique, as she's the only one vulnerable to it. Illidan could fall for it, if he's not in his demon form or have seen Ganondorf use it earlier. If he's seen Ganondorf use it, he can shield himself like he did against Sargeras.
His will is his own (Yes, pulled a Maive there laughing out loud )

Although, twilight matter sounds somewhat magical. Her screech wouldn't disrupt it?

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Is Ganondorf allowed to summon his minions for support?

Sure.

Q'Anilia
Assuming RPG is included (Which it should be, given it's canon) as well as assuming what I've heard of Ganondorf is true:

Sylvanas: Ganondorf 8/10
Vashj: Ganondorf 10/10
Kel'Thuzad: Kel'Thuzad 9/10
Illidan: Ganondorf: 6/10
Azgalor: Ganondorf: 7/10
Lich King: Lich King 10/10

Ganondorf would one-shot a majority of these characters. I'm basing the outcome on the fact that those that win a majority, or win a few are competent enough fighters to avoid him the period of time required to bring him down.

His telekinesis and soul destruction would be the two most dangerous abilities. Vashj is powerful, but doesn't have enough tricks up her arm to counter the hulking Ganondorf. Azgalor would rely on weakening him to the point where his attacks aren't dangerous.

Kel'Thuzad can freeze time, do nasty things to his soul, dispel telekinesis, wilt his body and much more.
The Lich King, he's just way too much if you put him on RPG level combined with his overall appearances and give him Ganondorf strength.

ScreamPaste
If Ganon is allowed to summon minions this becomes spite, imho.

@Q, Lich King thread's been done, Ganon won it, unless you'd like to re-open it.

Q'Anilia
If Ganon is allowed to summon minions this becomes spite, imho.

@Q, Lich King thread's been done, Ganon won it, unless you'd like to re-open it.

What makes the minions turn this into spite?

I just looked it up. Over after 22 posts and no one even brought a good case for the Lich King. That's more a walkover than an actual victory stick out tongue

WO Polaski
kain wins. stick out tongue

Q'Anilia
stick out tongue

He wouldn't pass first. Might pass second. Fail at third, fourth. Possibly could clear fifth. Despite restrictions of sixth, he'd be stomped there.

RPG amped WC characters are not exactly the weakest incarnation.

ArtificialGlory
Where did you read that Kel'Thuzad can freeze time? O_o

Q'Anilia
Where did you read that Kel'Thuzad can freeze time? O_o

It's a power he's listed to have. It's to no surprise that he has it, given his level of power. I'm more surprised that he knows Wish and Soul Link than Freeze Time.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
It's a power he's listed to have. It's to no surprise that he has it, given his level of power. I'm more surprised that he knows Wish and Soul Link than Freeze Time.

Listed where? I have 3 RPG books, KT is in 2 of them, but neither lists the ability to stop/freeze time.

Q'Anilia
Listed where? I have 3 RPG books, KT is in 2 of them, but neither lists the ability to stop/freeze time.

Manual of Monsters. Authored by Metzen, I should add.

ArtificialGlory
Manual of Monsters. Authored by Metzen, I should add.

Whoops, my bad! It's indeed in "Manual of Monsters". I looked manually this time. Adobe Reader's search function failed me again sad

Q'Anilia
Manual of Monsters and other RPG books makes one realise just how powerful Azeroth magicians are. It gives a better view of the powers, while the novels focuse more on the personality, origin and plot.

Burning thought
What you have to make sure of when you read the RPG books is when something is an actual ability that character would have or if its a gameplay ability thats choosable by the players.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
What you have to make sure of when you read the RPG books is when something is an actual ability that character would have or if its a gameplay ability thats choosable by the players.

I guess I'm jumping to conclusions when I read:

Kel'Thuzad > Combat > Spells > Stop Time.

My misstake no expression

ArtificialGlory

Those RPG books confuse the hell out of me.

Q'Anilia
I imagine it could be rather confusing. I take it you haven't read the RPG rules? That would explain some of it.

Burning thought
Those RPG books confuse the hell out of me.

Well yes, a lot of the information in the books are misinterpreted, a lot of the book actually points out what the players can choose to use in their RP's and what each ability does, so not necesserily every ability listed under a character in one of the RP books would be canon to them, e.g. a lot of characters of Sorcerer level A, can use Sorcerer ability B but that does not make it canon to the character. Thats what I find out of it, the most accurate places of lore are the storyline sections, otherwise the gameplay is just that....

ArtificialGlory
I imagine it could be rather confusing. I take it you haven't read the RPG rules? That would explain some of it.

It's confusing because it gives a lot of abilities to characters that never used them, some of these abilities I haven't even heard of. "Prismatic Sphere"? Would somebody mind telling me what the hell is Prismatic Sphere?

Furthermore, the 'Challenge Ratings'. I assumed it meant how challenging(e.g strong) the character is, but it places guys like Kel'Thuzad and Mannoroth above the Aspects. What a load of bullshit.

ArtificialGlory
Well yes, a lot of the information in the books are misinterpreted, a lot of the book actually points out what the players can choose to use in their RP's and what each ability does, so not necesserily every ability listed under a character in one of the RP books would be canon to them, e.g. a lot of characters of Sorcerer level A, can use Sorcerer ability B but that does not make it canon to the character. Thats what I find out of it, the most accurate places of lore are the storyline sections, otherwise the gameplay is just that....

Naw, it's not like that. Each character has their abilities preset, so you can't really choose them.

Q'Anilia
It's confusing because it gives a lot of abilities to characters that never used them, some of these abilities I haven't even heard of. "Prismatic Sphere"? Would somebody mind telling me what the hell is Prismatic Sphere?

Furthermore, the 'Challenge Ratings'. I assumed it meant how challenging(e.g strong) the character is, but it places guys like Kel'Thuzad and Mannoroth above the Aspects. What a load of bullshit.

The Prismatic Sphere is a powerful sphere that grant you resistance to magic and the natural elements.

The Challenge Rating works in the manner that the characters has different level of difficulty. The higher challenge rating, the tougher they are to beat. This is a rating under particular conditions.
The Aspects are more or less pacifists, making it easier to battle them. Kel'Thuzad and Mannoroth are cruel heralds that serve greater lords that slay those that fail them, thus' they are more dangerous.

The rating does not actually say how strong the character is. Just how challenging it will be going up against it in the roleplay.

ArtificialGlory
The Prismatic Sphere is a powerful sphere that grant you resistance to magic and the natural elements.

The Challenge Rating works in the manner that the characters has different level of difficulty. The higher challenge rating, the tougher they are to beat. This is a rating under particular conditions.
The Aspects are more or less pacifists, making it easier to battle them. Kel'Thuzad and Mannoroth are cruel heralds that serve greater lords that slay those that fail them, thus' they are more dangerous.

The rating does not actually say how strong the character is. Just how challenging it will be going up against it in the roleplay.

OK. Malorne has a Challange Rating of 61 and Archimonde of 50, AND Malorne is as a pacifist as it gets. Shouldn't he totally outclass Archimonde?

Q'Anilia
OK. Malorne has a Challange Rating of 61 and Archimonde of 50, AND Malorne is as a pacifist as it gets. Shouldn't he totally outclass Archimonde?

The rating is strange, I can't deny that. I only explain what it mean. Besides, Malorne in the War of the Ancients didn't use a single spell. So you can't judge his level of power from that. All War of the Ancients proved, was that Archimonde had the physical strength and durability to best Malorne in a clash of "fists"

Burning thought
Maybe its one of those things you take with a pinch of salt, isnt Elunes 91? higher than any Pantheon member....

Q'Anilia
Maybe its one of those things you take with a pinch of salt, isnt Elunes 91? higher than any Pantheon member....

Elune is most probably the most powerful entity introduced so far in Warcraft. I imagine the reason Elune would be so high, would be because she can end a war with a single spell. She is not physical, or ethereal.

ArtificialGlory
Elune is most probably the most powerful entity introduced so far in Warcraft. I imagine the reason Elune would be so high, would be because she can end a war with a single spell. She is not physical, or ethereal.

I've read that she was powerless to do anything when Archimonde & Co. invaded.

Q'Anilia
I've read that she was powerless to do anything when Archimonde & Co. invaded.

Elune is like God (In a way she IS God). She doesn't involve herself in everything. The War of the Ancients ached her, but why she did not take action is really an unknown. Never specified, so her incapability is just a maybe. Shadow of Light claims she couldn't prevent it, which can be interpreted in a variety of ways. She never actually interacted in it.

Burning thought
assumptions and predictions aside, the RP gives a pretty much featless entity, hell even her implications seem dim in comparison to the Pantheon who actually created worlds and seemingly destroy them, who with a portion of the power they hold can create aspects that DO have fairly impressive feats to speak of, yet Elune is above all of them.

Q'Anilia
assumptions and predictions aside, the RP gives a pretty much featless entity, hell even her implications seem dim in comparison to the Pantheon who actually created worlds and seemingly destroy them, who with a portion of the power they hold can create aspects that DO have fairly impressive feats to speak of, yet Elune is above all of them.

Above is a question of perspective. Maybe they are more powerful, but she's tougher to kill. That would put her difficulty level above theirs.

Burning thought
tougher to kill? perhaps...only the developers know for sure, its not like shes had any major combat if any at all.

Q'Anilia
She has not been interactive in any of the books I've read. Not combat or conversation.

Utrigita
She has not been interactive in any of the books I've read. Not combat or conversation.

IIRC she shielded Tyranda for a extensive amount of time against Archimonde...

Utrigita

Take into account how difficult he would be to put down, that would most likely explain it, he can keep himself up and running almost constantly with the amount of healing spells, while Archimonde once having received damage depends on his regeneration in order to heal it.

As I see it the RPG (which in warcraft is canon along with books) allows the user to get a better idea of the capacities of a given Character, for instance Uthor ore the Lich King both haven't been portrayed in books that focused on showing their power (actually not alot of characters are, as Q also mentioned, portrayed in books with the intention of showing off alot of power) the books just shows a picture of a overall powerlevel, it would in the long run be rather uninteresting to read Krasus then do this and then do that and nothing else, so if one lack a idea of the powers of a Character they can look them up in the Handbooks.

I see it a bit like the Star Wars Clone Wars Cartoon, that is from what I know canon and shows a level of force mastery that makes the movie seem like magic tricks. But in the movie we can't have a jedi that can own a entire droid army by himself.

Obsidian Fury
Indeed. The novels aren't there to give us feats. They are there to give us stories that are good reading. If Archimonde, Lich King, Deathwing, Teron Gorefiend, Krasus and others would ever go all out, there would be so much less story.

Utrigita
Indeed. The novels aren't there to give us feats. They are there to give us stories that are good reading. If Archimonde, Lich King, Deathwing, Teron Gorefiend, Krasus and others would ever go all out, there would be so much less story.

Absolutely thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.