The Great War Role Play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaggs
Jacob looked out over the frozen lands, a thick cloak rapped around him concealing his features. His eyes were gold like a wolves, but were barely noticeable, unless specifically looked for. He was walking through the center of the little village when he was stopped by a pale man on horse back. "Sir, I need to see your eyes. We're clearing out the Lycans in the area. I'm sorry, but it's just a precaution." Vampires were all over the village in metal armor, and checking everyone. As the man looked down for only a moment, Jacob through of the cloak and lunged forward, already in his Lycan form.

I eat kittens
david gasped as he watched from his window as the lycan tackled the man on horseback. he pulled the silver blinds of his window down and bolted tem into place, then proceeded to exit the front door with his crossbow pointing at the monster. he was awed by its size but then remembered why he had come out. he pulled up the weapon and aimed it at the creature as vampires rushed to the scene. "get, ya mangy beast, before i have to shoot your hide, i don't want to hurt you and i don't want you to hurt me, so get while you still can!" he fired a warning shot into the ground beside jacob just to make his point.

((ahem, excuse my pun. big grin ))

Shaggs
A few townspeople watched from the side lines as vampires and the man with the crossbow held the Lycan in a bind. A troop of Lycans charged out of the forests, jumping from the rooftops down to where Jacob was cornered. "Come with us!" In just a moment all the Lycans leaped into the air and landed past the crowd, running on all fours into the forest.

XanatosForever
"What a long trek," he murmured to himself. Jonathan Holt felt as if he had been wandering for weeks in that blasted forest. Were it not for his knowledge of herbs and survival skills, the self-proclaimed healer likely would have been in there still. As it was, he found himself reaching the treeline, with a village in the near distance. Before stepping out of the forest, he settled his various belongings against a tree trunk, and began rummaging through them.

"Let's see here," he said aloud to no one, "herbs, check. Book, yes have it. Hooks, good. Still wish I hadn't lost one."

"Everything is in order," he said, and replaced the bags onto his body as he stood. At that same moment, the wind rushed by him on both sides, billowing his bleached ox hide cloak. From the corner of his eyes, Jonathan just barely made out the appearance of large, furry creatures dashing off. He calmly pressed his back against the tree trunk and waited until they were all past.

"Lycans, vampires, violence, oh my," the man muttered under his breath dryly...

Young_Angel
((It begins!! big grin ))

Naomi Charles was about to visit her aunt when all of a sudden, a noise could be heard. Going behind a tree, she saw Lycans coming in the forest in great speed. The young woman gasped.

"Amazing. For the first time in my life... I've actually seen Lycans. And I thought father was only joking about them." Then she thought, "If Lycans are real... then I guess... Vampires are too!" When she was very young, she never believed in monsters. But then her father would tell her the story of the Lycans and Vampires. She could see that this was no fairytale.

"I wonder--" Naomi covered her mouth, making sure she wouldn't make too much noise. Then she whispered, "I wonder what those Lycans are up to..."

I eat kittens
david replaced his crossbow in his house, then pulled on his light armor and belt, slipping his dagger into its lot and strapping the crossbow across his back. finnally, he settled a small notebook, a quill, and some ink into a small bouch, buckled it to his belt and set out, locking his door behind him. as he set out in the direction the lycans had gone he passednaomi in time to hear her last sentance. "hello naomi, seeing your aunt today?" he stopped, acting as if he hadnt heard her.

XanatosForever
Jonathan decided to wait for a few more moments, to keep out of sight of a possible straggler, but to his surprise the next entrant into the forest was a man. He seemed to well prepared for combat, as Jonathan took note of crossbow resting on his back.

Does he intend to follow them? the healer thought to himself as he watched the man stop to talk to a young girl he had noticed earlier. I wonder what those wolves could have done to warrant this man's pursuit, Holt mused, stepping away from the tree, his foot landing on a small twig that cracked loudly in the silence of the forest...

I eat kittens
david turned, his hand on the hilt of his knife, and his eyes landing on jonathan as he stepped out. he peered into the mans eyes for a moment before turning back to naomi, ignoring the other man.

XanatosForever
Jonathan waited patiently as the man turned, locking eyes with him.

He's not attacking right away, Holt thought, that's a good thing. I would hate to be forced to defend myself after just arriving in a new place. After a moment, the man turned back towards the girl, and Jonathan pulled his cloak from behind him and cleaned off the bits of bark that had snagged it while he'd been hiding from the Lycans. It seemed there wasn't much in the ways of manners around these parts, but Jonathan supposed he couldn't blame the fellow, given the circumstances.

Now the question is, he continued his train of thought as he adjusted his cloak behind him once more and picked up his staff from where it rested against the tree, shall I let my curiosity lead me to talk to these two strangers, or should I continue into town? Indeed, he was being torn, as the thought of a decent night's rest was tantalizing, but his desire to aid others was pulling just as strong...

Shaggs
Jacob roared as he sank his claws deeply into a nearby tree, pulling himself to the top and letting out a load howl. His black fir blew briskly in the wind as he hung from the branch. The other Lycans let out a loud howl in unison with Jacob.

I eat kittens
"well, see you later." david turned and began walking towards the howl, his hand on the hilt of his dagger. he began whistling quietly, a tune that varied high and low. as he approached the tree he spotted the claw marks. he peered up and spotted the howling lycan. he sat down on a low rock and pulled out his notebook. he began drawing the event and wrote a few notes in the log. he dated it and then put it away before turning to look back at the lycan. "hello."

Shaggs
Jacob turned his head at David's non-violent reaction. "A friendly human. How unusual." He leaped down, and growled at a Lycan that approached from behind. The other Lycans backed off, but watched from a distance.

Young_Angel
"hello Naomi, seeing your aunt today?"

It was David. A good friend of hers. She smiled and answered, "Hello, David. Yes, as a matter of fact, I was on my way to see Aunt Leona when suddenly those Lycans came running."

She then saw another man, whom she have never met before. The young girl wondered who he was.

"well, see you later." David said.

"See ya." When he walked away, Naomi bit her lower lip. "Maybe I should follow him, just in case," she thought to herself. She went on behind him, but a distance. The young girl saw that David was with the Lycans!

"Is he crazy? He's gonna get himself killed!" Naomi thought.

jalek moye
Fahkir walked around the village as he did he looked over every human he passed. he was supposed to check for Lycans but he never really did what his superiors told him since he wasn't an actual soldier and because of that wore no real armor. Right now he was glancing them over but not taking to much time to check. He continued to move through and figured he would do so tell he got hungry and then would just drain one of the nearby humans.

Young_Angel
In the forest, Naomi watched David from a far. What were the Lycans going to do with him? She only hoped they wouldn't eat him. The young woman sighed quietly.

"I must be careful. Who knows what those creatures may do," Naomi thought to herself. She glanced back at the direction of the village. Her only hope was to see if her aunt was all right.

XanatosForever
Holt watched as the man first, then the girl made their way after the lycans, and he muttered a low curse under his breath. If it had just been the man, he could have paid no mind, but the girl might not realize what danger she was in. With a huff and moment to adjust his equipment, Jonathan set out after the two, making sure to keep his distance, and stay downwind of the lycans so they would not catch his scent.

Before long he had caught up to the girl, who also seemed to be hanging back. Good, the healer thought to himself, At least she knows better than to just trudge in there. At that same moment, he noticed her looking back, and for a moment he thought she was looking directly at him, but he realized she must have been looking towards the village. To keep her from being startled, Jonathan put a finger to his lips as one would do to shush someone, but he didn't not make the hissing sound, for fear the lycans would notice.

Young_Angel
Naomi finally saw the man whom she saw earlier. The young girl gasped silently, but what made her calm was him putting his finger by his lip. It was as if he was telling her not to be afraid and say a word.

She looked down at her side. Then she glanced at the man and nodded, with a smile.

Looking at the village again, Naomi wanted to visit her aunt so badly. It's been weeks since she saw her.

XanatosForever
Satisfied that the girl would not accidentally reveal their location, Holt turned his attention to the lycans, curious to see what had brought them all together...

Shaggs
A much, much larger than the rest, white Lycan emerged from the woods. His eyes glowed with a frightening gold sheen as he walked towards the group. His stare cut down right to the very soul, and his very status brought fear into the hearts to all men, save for those of great heart. He was no human-changling, he was a full blood Lycan.

I eat kittens
david stared at the lycan, never faltering. his grip on his knife tightened. he backed away slowly and held out his hand, pointing to the village. out of the corner of his mouth he whispered, "back away slowly, get back to the village, i'll meet you there." he continued to back away until he was beside the rock he had been sitting on. he quickly pocketed his notebook, quill and ink before he continued on his way, his eyes never leaving the white furred lycans eyes. as he moved he could hear other lycans moving in the bush around him.

jalek moye
Fahkir moved the village farther this time walking around the back of the homes. He watched a few people who were talking and let out a low hissing like noise, as he licked his lips. Once they departed he began to follow a woman who looked to be around her mid to late 40s. Once she walked in her home, he swiftly followed her in and grabbed her. His hand wrapped around her mouth tightly as she tried to scream but only a faint muffle could be heard. "ha, well at least you're trying" he said she she began to punch and kick him. He placed his free hand on her shoulder and titled her head to the side, she began to try to scream louder when he sunk his fangs deep into the side of her neck and began to lap up the blood that first flowed out. As the first bit were gone he began to suck the wound the bring the blood out faster, as the woman's body began to put up less and less of a fight.

Young_Angel
((Aunt Leona! Nooo!!))

After Naomi took time to look at the village behind her, she turned back to the Lycan's attention. There, a few distance away, was a great white Lycan with scary gold eyes. The young woman gulped with fear, but stood her ground. "He might be the leader of the Lycans. I wonder..." she whispered.

Naomi glanced back at the village again, this time with a worried look. With those Vampires swarming around in the village, which her father warned her about, Naomi grew worried for Aunt Leona.

If something ever happened to her... who knows what Naomi would do?

Shaggs
The white Lycan let out a beauteous roar, and charged towards the city, followed by hundreds of Lycans coming from the forest, and many coming from down the mountain. Jacob leaped to the ground and charged along with the rest of his brethren.

Young_Angel
The young girl gasped and hid closely to the tree, frightened by the white Lycan's roar and his followers running past her. Naomi suddenly gasped with a worried look. They were going to attack the village!

"No!!! Aunt Leona!!" Without thinking, she went towards the village, following the Lycans.

jalek moye
Fahkir continued to drink the blood of the woman, when after a few more moments her body went completly limp. she had died from how much of the blood he had drained from her, he continued for a few minutes till all was completly gone. He pulled his head away and licked the small remaining amount up before pushing her lifeless corpse to the floor. "ahhh" he said in a relived tone, as he licked the blood from around his mouth.

Young_Angel
Finally, Naomi came to the village, right on time. She glanced around, trying to find her aunt's house. Within a few minutes, she found the house. Naomi smiled, and went inside.

But when she went inside, a man stood over a fallen woman. Naomi gasped. It was Aunt Leona. "No. No!"

jalek moye
Fahkir smiled and looked over to the girl "O was that yours? o well you know how it is gotta feed when the time comes" he laughed and began to walk out of the house as he licked some blood from his fangs.

Shaggs
A group of thirty or so Lycans had stormed the village, now attacking vampires all around. Vampires and Lycans alike laid dead in the streets, as the others waged the war on. Jacob leaped off a rooftop, hitting a vampire off of his horse, and forcing him to the ground. He used his great claws to tear through the vampire until he had been almost clawed completely through. The vampire, obviously dead, was thrown into a rider, knocking him off the horse. A vampire charged the White Lycan and swung his sword deep into it's neck. The silver blade sank in, but had no effect. The White Lycan roared and lifted the warrior up, pulling his in two halves, throwing them into the village.

Young_Angel
Naomi looked at the vampire who killed her aunt. As the vampire went out the house, the young girl came to her aunt, and knelt by her side. Picking her dead aunt up in her arms, Naomi began to cry.

"Aunt Leona?" No answer. "Please... please wake up." Still no answer. She placed two fingers on her neck. There was no pulse. Naomi cried loudly and placed her forehead with Leona's forehead. Suddenly, she slowly looked up, anger flashing in her eyes. Her aunt was the most caring person she ever knew.

Naomi placed her aunt on the floor gently and stood up. She then went out the house and closed the door.

Taking her sword out, she found the vampire that killed Leona. "Stop!!" She yelled at him, pointing the sword at him.

jalek moye
Fahkir walked out side and saw all the fighting he going on, he sighed and pulled out his katanas. "shit" he said under his breath as he was about to run, as soon as he started he heard the girls voice. he turned around and make a noise that was inbetween a grunt and a hiss. "What do you want, As you can see this isn't the best time to bother me. I really don't want to waste time killing you, so go back inside and cry over that woman or whatever"

Young_Angel
Naomi glared at the vampire as angered tears streamed down her cheeks. "No. I'll kill you for what you did to my aunt. Even if it take me years!"

The young girl ran towards him, raising her sword and yelling.

jalek moye
Fahkir shook his head and stpped to the side letting her run past him, He stared at her and shook his head "Look, you can't beat me. So what if i fed on her it's nature deal with it. If you continue this won't end well"

I eat kittens
david ran through thhe village, dodging crossbow bolts and boulders thrown by the lycans. he opened the door to his house and rushed inside, pulling a rope on the ceiling and taking out the locks to his traps. he began setting them as loud bellow ripped through the air. he turned and saw a lycan shot several times by a vampire. he turned swiftly and shot the vampire in the back of the head before returning to his work.

he finished the last trap and then rushed out of the door, locking it behind him. he ran forward, pulling the crossbow bolts from the wounded lycan before turning and running for the forest, a leather sack on his back, filled with supplies. he fled into the forest, passing hundreds of lycans flooding into it.

Young_Angel
Naomi stopped. Then she turned to look at the vampire. Raising her sword up, she breathed and cleared her mind. Then she closed her eyes."Remember, Naomi," her father, John Charles, said, "clear your mind of any negative things. Don't let it get you unfocused in battle."

Naomi finally opened her eyes, and stared at the vampire. "I will not give up, vampire. If you won't fight... then that proves that you're afraid to fight me. I thought all vampires are feared. Guess you're the only one who's fearful," she said, taunting him.

jalek moye
Fahkir smiled and pulled out his kantanas "fine if I must"

He pointed one of the blades at her and bared his fangs, he walked a few steps closer as he redied himself.

Shaggs
Two Lycans leaped onto the roof above where Naomi and Fakhir were about to fight. One saw the vampires weapons and leaped to the roof of another building, but the other let out a loud roar, as if challenging him. The other Lycans were tearing the village apart, and slaughtering the guardian forces who were unprepared to fight off such a huge fighting force.

Young_Angel
Naomi glanced around, seeing Vampires and Lycans fighting and killing off each other. Then she glanced back at Fahkir.

"Your move, vampire," she said, standing in defense stance.

jalek moye
Fahkir looked aorund and saw the lycan roar at him, he hissed at the lycan and held his blades towards him

"Umm girl, can you wait a moment for me to handle this beast first?"

Young_Angel
Naomi looked up at the Lycans. She then sighed and lowered her blade.

"All right. I guess so..."

jalek moye
Fahkir nodded "Thanks" he looked up at the lycan on the roof, and leaped up. He took a step up the wall and bounded to the top, he stared at the lycan and let out a loud hissing noise. "Come on then" he held his swords out at his sides, gripping tightly on the hilts.

XanatosForever
"Damned monsters," Jonathan muttered under his breath as he dragged yet another innocent victim off the city streets. He had watched as the pure Lycan led the charge into the village, and without hesitation had take pursuit, knowing that only carnage would ensue. He'd lost track of the girl at some point, and could only hope that she could fend for herself.

It pained him to see so many wounded, and with the battle still raging, he had no chance to tend to those he had already pulled away, as more were falling every moment. "This must stop!" he exclaimed, dropping his pouch with his precious healing materials by the wounded, whom he knew would care for it, as it was one of their few chances of survival. Holt grabbed his sling in one hand and placed a bullet into the weathered sitting area, and with practiced, fluid movements, began firing his projectiles into the fray, tagging the monsters at the weakest points to sustain maximum damage.

After a few rounds, he wrapped the sling across his chest and gripped his staff, dodging wicked claws and vicious strikes and countering with massive blows from the hardened wood in his hands. When a group of foes sought to leap in unison, Jonathan was ready, whipping out his fishing net and entangling them, taking them out of the for good with a vicious strike from his club.

I eat kittens
david tackled jonathan, slamming his head into the ground before rolling him over to face him. "what the hell do you think you're doing to these poor creatures. and you!" he turned to the wounded vampire jhon had just saved, pulling out his dagger and slitting its throat. "vampires will kill you if you try to heal them. lycans will not! remember that. now come on, we have to get naomi out of there. i wouldn't be surprised if she had picked a fight with a vampire." he quikly cut open the fishing net, freeing the lycans inside. soon, the ones jhon had shot with his sling returned to the battle. "by the way, im david."

Young_Angel
Naomi stared up at Fahkir with a blank look. Deep in her mind, she wondered why she let him fight the Lycans. She should be helping them, not letting the Vampires kill them.

Hearing the story of them being slaves to the Vampires made the young girl wonder if she should help the Lycans. They didn't seem to be the enemies. Could they?

After making the decision, Naomi took out one of her small dagger blades, and placed it between her fingers. Then, with a swift swing, the dagger made it's way to stab Fahkir on the shoulder. This should help the Lycans pounce on him.

Shaggs
As the Lycan eyed Fahkir, Jacob pounced from behind, from under a patch of snow.

jalek moye
Fahkir grunted as he pulled the knife out of his shoulder, he threw it to the ground as he turned to face the girl which resulted in him being pounced on by a lycan he hadn't seen before. He placed his katanas up against the lycan's arms to make him harder to slash at and began to push into the beast's chest with his feet in an attempt to push it off.

Young_Angel
Naomi smiled, thinking she might have did something for the Lycans. But the Vampire tried to push one of them off of him. The young woman bit her lower lips nervously.

"If I can't fight him, maybe the Lycans can. I hope..." she thought to herself.

Shaggs
Jacob attempted to slash the vampire, but found himself to be unable, unless risking doing major damage to his arms in the process. The second Lycan approached from behind and attempted to attack Fahkir, but knew he would be unable due to Jacob being in the way. The White Lycan let out a great roar, pointing down the road, about a good eighteen miles, to a legion of Vampire troops. "Someone informed the vampires of our assault!"

jalek moye
Fahkir mustered some strength and pushed Jacob far enoguh from him that he could roll out from under him. As he quickly got to his feet he thrust the Katana in his left hand through the torso of the Lycan who had first challenged him.

"I see your kind is too cowardly to attack by yourselves"

Shaggs
"Your kind is too afraid of our kind to not genocide us. I want to hear nothing about honor from a cowardly vampire." Jacob growled and gripped his claws getting ready to defend himself. He jumped up off of his back and faced Fahkir again.

jalek moye
Fahkir shook his head as he pulled the sword out of the other lycan's body. "Maybe so, but all that stands is that you attacked me, with two other so yea. I'd prefer not to fight and I think you'll be occupied with the others soon" He shrugged and dropped off the roof and hissed at Naomi "We'll meet again" he began to walk off and stopped real quick staring at Jacob to see if he would try to attack him.

Shaggs
Jacob took a step towards him and just watched, a laugh echoing from his throat. He held up on finger and shook his head. "Wrong person to watch." he said in almost a low whisper. The White Lycan, the full blood, attack Fahkir. Not directly as if with the intent to kill, but more with the hopes that he would tell the other vampires that a true blood Lycan was still alive in the world.

((True Blood Lycans are practically legends and are very, very difficult to kill, just like Vampire Elders.))

jalek moye
Fahkir jumped back and tried to block it with his sword which just ending with one of the swords flying from his hand. He sighed and quickly grabbed it as he dove a little to the side. "Well this isn't gonna end well. I was just minding my own buisness but no I gotta get attacked." he mumbled as he held his swords in a battle ready stance.

Shaggs
The White Lycan stood up a little straighter and spoke. "You're not going to die here. You're going to tell the legion down there that there is an entire army of Lycans up here, and convince them to turn back."

Young_Angel
After Fahkir hissed at her and attempted to escape, Naomi stood there, watching the huge white Lycan telling the Vampire to send a message to the Vampire legion that was coming.

Naomi wondered if she should join the Lycan's cause to defeat the Vampires. After all... one did kill her beloved aunt. And that, the Vampire was going to pay. Even if it meant going through a whole army of Vampires.

She continued to watch the White Lycan and Fahkir.

jalek moye
Fahkir nodded and slowly began to walk away from them towards where the other vampire would be. He knew that this was a losing battle so he would go along with what they say for now.

TwilightxGirl
Neela lit up a cig and took a big puff out of it she then started walking she wasen't sure where to yet, This is how she lived taking each day as it comes she was a Lychan and she was proud to be she never formed attachments she liked it that way that way she didn't have to answer to anyone.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by I eat kittens
david tackled jonathan, slamming his head into the ground before rolling him over to face him. "what the hell do you think you're doing to these poor creatures. and you!" he turned to the wounded vampire jhon had just saved, pulling out his dagger and slitting its throat. "vampires will kill you if you try to heal them. lycans will not! remember that. now come on, we have to get naomi out of there. i wouldn't be surprised if she had picked a fight with a vampire." he quikly cut open the fishing net, freeing the lycans inside. soon, the ones jhon had shot with his sling returned to the battle. "by the way, im david."

Holt was knocked off balance as he felt someone attempt to tackle him down, but thanks to his staff, he was able to stay upright by slamming the end against the ground and pushing off of it. He watched the man, whom he recognized as the one from the forest, suddenly wield a dagger towards one of the innocents he had pulled from the streets. Without hesitation, Jonathan swung his staff in a wide arc and knocked the blade from the man's hand.

"I suggest you think before acting, stranger!" Jonathan shouted over the din of battle and placing himself between the man and the injured, "none of my charges are of anything beyond human. As for you claim of Lycan support," he continued, tugging the length of rope that was attached to his net, "I care not for the wars between these monsters. My only priority is the wounded innocent!" As he said this, the net came loose, freeing the Lycans, which had turned away from where Holt and the others stood and charged back into battle.

Jonathan then knelt down to his supplies and pulled out a packet of mixed herbs and a cloth. He stood up and turned back to David, offering him the supplies and saying, "David, was it? While I feel concern for the girl Naomi, I have many to tend to. If she is indeed wounded, use these to make a poultice that will prevent infection of her injury and aid in healing her. Now begone, and end this battle quickly if you can!"

Young_Angel
After looking at the Vampire and the White Lycan, Naomi glanced over at David and the other guy from earlier. She ran towards them, smiling.

"Hey, guys! You're in this too?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.