UFC: GSP or Thiago Alves?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gamerr-X
Who do you think is going to get the welterweight belt at UFC: 100?

The title holder George "Rush" St Pierre or Thiago "Pitbull" Alves?

GSP is my favourite so I say I want him to win, but Thiago is also very good so im not going to be too confident.

So whats your thoughts?

StyleTime
Well, Thiago definitely has a chance to win this. I just think that GSP is holding too many advantages in the fight. Thiago wasn't able to put away Koscheck, although Thiago was clearly superior. I'd hate to use that a>b>c> logic in a sport like this, but it works here I believe. GSP has everything that Kosheck has, but GSP is much better at it. In addition to that, GSP has the striking game that Koscheck desperately needed. Alves is fighting an uphill battle here. GSP is a better wrestler, a better submission artist, an equal or better striker, and a better strategist.

I think it'll be another fight where GSP's all around, "I'm good at everything" fighting style will overwhelm his opponent. It's not impossible for Alves to win, but I see GSP taking this 9/10.

shanawehir
my money is on GSP a very talented fighter and a favorite of mine,thou Thiago has got a chance ,he does have the goods .
Its a shame that Loyota Machida isnt fighting in the 100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.