Most Disappointing Moment in a Videogame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
What happened in a videogame that made you most dissapointed?

NemeBro
The ending of Fable 2 is up there.

Nemesis X
I played the entire game of Silent Hill Homecoming and there was no boss fight with Pyramid Head in it whatsoever. That dude appeared twice and I figured I would've fought him later on but the game ended and I was ticked. Why bother putting someone like him in this game if you can't fight him?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Nemesis X
What happened in a videogame that made you most dissapointed? where im near the end of the game and no more lives left

Menetnashté
I played the entire game of Silent Hill Homecoming and there was no boss fight with Pyramid Head in it whatsoever. That dude appeared twice and I figured I would've fought him later on but the game ended and I was ticked. Why bother putting someone like him in this game if you can't fight him?
Don't think you fought him in Silent Hill 2 either. Doesn't matter though he's not an actual being, he was like a manifestation of your sins or something like that I don't really remember.

But yeah ending of Fable 2 as nemebro mentioned was absolute suck. Boss fight with Skorge ( i think that was his name) in Gears 2 sucked. I'm sure there's been plenty and any game that suffers from being too repetitive, like Spiderman web of shadows or Assassin's creed.

XanatosForever
Learning that I had to wait until 2010 to take down the gods in God of War 3. Ending was Epic, but damn did I want to get that bastard Zeus.

Nemesis X

Morridini
Whenever I get to a really tough spot in the game, and the game decides to solve the entire conflict with a cutscene. Many times have I felt robbed from a great hard fight like this.

Smasandian
I would say 2k Baseball games.

Unplayable in my opinion. Couldn't get past the 4 inning before crashing.

Disappointing because for a 360 owner, that's the only baseball game out there.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Morridini
Whenever I get to a really tough spot in the game, and the game decides to solve the entire conflict with a cutscene. Many times have I felt robbed from a great hard fight like this. Originally posted by NemeBro
The ending of Fable 2 is up there.

Obsidian Fury
Find a flamethrower, grenadelauncher or machinegun in Dungeon Siege.

jaden101
GTA4 was a disappointment as it lacked the humour and innovation from the previous games. I can probably forgive it for the fact that it's the 1st of the series on a new console...hopefully the next will be as big an improvement as San Andreas is over III

Sado22
when the tanker bit ended in MGS2 and we learn that we have to control cockupfag a.k.a raiden instead mad

WO Polaski
the "boss" fight at the end of Halo 3. guilty spark sucks but i forgive it because the warthog escape is such an epic and fun level especially on co-op.

Kento
The end 'battle' of Gears of War 2.

Smasandian
Yeah, the end battle was lame in Gears 2.

But most end bosses are lame. I don't like the idea of an end boss.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the end battle was lame in Gears 2.

But most end bosses are lame. I don't like the idea of an end boss. end bosses are vital to a game. but yeah the skorge sucked ass along with the fable 2 boss(one hit kill). they should of just brought back jack of blades instead.

Phanteros
also the ending to the new prince of persia(08). all that work for nothing.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Phanteros
end bosses are vital to a game. but yeah the skorge sucked ass along with the fable 2 boss(one hit kill). they should of just brought back jack of blades instead.

Not really.

Closure to a video game is vital, doesn't necessarily have to be a boss. In my opinion, most end bosses take away from the experience. I don't know how many times a boss leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you finish the game.

Half Life is a good example. Amazing game, but the boss battle was retarded. It sucked. Totally ruined what could of been a great ending. Why? Because people thought the game needed a boss battle.

Some games can do boss battles correctly. It makes sense in a beat em up, or an adventure game like Zelda, or even Resident Evil. But for FPS, they're never as good as the missions, or core gameplay.

BackFire
The end battle of Gears of War 2 is definitely up there.

But I'd also put up the boss fight in Bioshock. It wasn't particularly bad, but it was very generic and predictable and safe which was too bad especially when compared to the rest of the game which wasn't afraid to do its own thing and break boundaries, a generic boss fight just didn't fit with the rest of the game.

Yes, boss fights aren't always necessary. Smas is absolutely right

Phanteros
Not really.

Closure to a video game is vital, doesn't necessarily have to be a boss. In my opinion, most end bosses take away from the experience. I don't know how many times a boss leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you finish the game.

Half Life is a good example. Amazing game, but the boss battle was retarded. It sucked. Totally ruined what could of been a great ending. Why? Because people thought the game needed a boss battle.

Some games can do boss battles correctly. It makes sense in a beat em up, or an adventure game like Zelda, or even Resident Evil. But for FPS, they're never as good as the missions, or core gameplay. well thats just for first persons and shooters.

Smasandian
well thats just for first persons and shooters.

That's alot of games right there.

I think the worst aspect of a boss fight is the difficulty. Killzone 2 is a great example of that. The difficulty curve was pretty good throughout the game. It was hard, but not frustrating. You felt like you made progress and the difficulty was never a problem. It was neither easy or hard.

But the end boss is ridiculous. You have wave of enemies attacking you. Fine. That's great. I figure out how to shoot the main boss without getting hit by others. But guess what? I didn't hit the scripted event so I'm there shooting at him for 20 minutes without doing anything.

So I finally kill the other guys, which is hard considering there is 5-6 of them. After that, 4 guys with rocket launchers show up from the other room spamming rockets at me. Instant death. That's retarded. **** it I said, I'm done. Never finished the game.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. For what reason? To have a boss?

Darth Jello
Getting X-Men for the NES when I was ten and the wave of displeasure after I pressed power. Also, same deal with the first NES Ninja Turtles game. I don't know why people are so nostalgic about that crap or why Nintendo even bothered to port it to the Virtual Console. Hell, that game is so badly designed and tested that all non-Nintendo ports of it can't even be completed without extensive cheating due to impossible level layout.

Smasandian
The first is pretty shit.

The arcade one, awesome.

Nemesis X
Played GTA Sanandreas on my 360 and was dissapointed because some of the cheats wouldn't work. All because the 360 controller doesn't have two buttons that are black and white.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by WO Polaski
the "boss" fight at the end of Halo 3. guilty spark sucks but i forgive it because the warthog escape is such an epic and fun level especially on co-op.
For once I agree with you.

WO Polaski
whats that supposed to mean. sad

aside from the obvious i mean. stick out tongue

Smasandian
Played GTA Sanandreas on my 360 and was dissapointed because some of the cheats wouldn't work. All because the 360 controller doesn't have two buttons that are black and white.

Shouldn't they be some other button?

Zack Fair
Raiden in MGS2 Sons of Liberty.

No I don't hate Raiden. I actually liked him after a 2nd playthrough and I liked him before he went Ninja and godly in MGS4.

Its just that MGS was my fav. game at the time and I was really looking forward to playing as Snake again...granted we did use him in the tanker chapter, but Im talking whole game and all of that. Plus we didn't really know anything about Raiden and it was quite shocking.

jinXed by JaNx
I'd say putting the New Bionic Commando into my xbox 360 is one of the most disappointing moments in my video game history. That game is ASS

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by WO Polaski
whats that supposed to mean. sad

aside from the obvious i mean. stick out tongue
Well, as far as Halo games go I mean, but that's just me. >.> You're still cool though. stick out tongue

Raijin
Shouldn't they be some other button? They were replaced by LB and RB.

But here's my list.

1. The last part of Gears 2. I felt that the brumak riding could have been much more fun and the "final boss" was the most lame crap ever.

2. Halo 2's ending, not satisfying in anyway.

Well, that's what comes to mind atm.

Nephthys
Epic Fail. That was the best ending of anything ever, totally out of the blue, totally in character and thought-provoking.

My one would have to be after the ending of Baldurs Gate: TOB. I spent ages getting Viconia to fall in love with me and she gets killed by an assassin off screen sad Felt like crying.

SpadeKing
FF7 Sephiroth boss battles

I don't even consider those forms bosses

Quincy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'd say putting the New Bionic Commando into my xbox 360 is one of the most disappointing moments in my video game history. That game is ASS

You don't like that game? Multiplayer is fun as hell.

I don't own it though, I played it at a friends house.

King-Fingolfin
The Entire Resident Evil 5 Story.

Particularly near the end.

NemeBro
The fight with Fontaine was kind of lame considering I could beat his first two forms with the Wrench and then just strafe and machine-gun him(On Hard).

King-Fingolfin
The Wrench when fully upgraded is quite possibly the most powerful weapon in the game, so I don't see your point.

NemeBro
He is unable to hit me when I am two feet away from him.

And the Chemical Thrower is far and away the most powerful weapon in the game.

King-Fingolfin
Not when you have freezing cloud (I think that's the name of the tonic) on your wrench.

That makes the entire game a ****ing cake walk. Even Big Daddies get their ass kicked by the Wrench.

NemeBro
Frozen Cloud does not affect Fontaine.

Neo_Version 7
Finding out I couldn't actually purchase rare candies in Pokemon Red.

Nemesis X
Not having the power drill and the rivet gun when I became a Big Daddy in Bioshock. Did I even turn into a Big Daddy? I just threw Big Daddy BO on me, put on a diving suit and helmet, and got my vocal cords screwed up and yet Tennenbaum says I became a Big Daddy. If Jack wasn't mute he would've asked her where the Big Daddy weapon storage is.

NemeBro
Jack probably does not even have the physical strength to wield them.

Otherwise he could just, you know, take a Rivet Gun from any random Rosie he kills.

Nemesis X
I'm sure that Jack can use a plasmid that can make him strong enough to lift a rivet gun with ease, especially a power drill.

NemeBro
...Are you really suggesting Jack cut off his arm to use the Power Drill?

The Rivet Gun was made to only be usable by Big Daddies.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
...Are you really suggesting Jack cut off his arm to use the Power Drill?

The Rivet Gun was made to only be usable by Big Daddies.

Actually I really was thinking about Jack hacking a Big Daddies arm off to use a power drill. The game is meant to be gory anyway.

The Rivet Gun is only usable to Big Daddies because they're the only guys in Rapture that can lift them.

NemeBro
Actually I really was thinking about Jack hacking a Big Daddies arm off to use a power drill. The game is meant to be gory anyway.

The Rivet Gun is only usable to Big Daddies because they're the only guys in Rapture that can lift them. 1. That would be horrendously impractical.

2. That and handle the recoil. But that is exactly my point.

TricksterPriest
MGS2, but not any of the things anyone mentioned. No, for me, the big thing that pissed me off was NOT GETTING TO FIGHT OCELOT. Cheap-ass son of a ***** kept jerking my strings the whole game, so I was ready to dispense a freight truck of whup-ass on him. So I was somewhat aggrieved when he escaped and I had to fight Solidus instead. Still a good fight, but it did annoy me for awhile. MGS3 did not help in that regard. I wanted to smack Ocelot even more. The duels and cut-scenes ***** slapping him were fun. big grin

Of course, then I played MGS4, and I forgave Kojima for everything. Not just the Ray-Rex fight, but the last fight. Yee gods, thank you Hideo ****ing Kojima. Getting to beat down Ocelot once: fun payback. Twice: richly deserved. But FOUR TIMES, with the music from each game playing (including Snake Eater, which I loved) and getting to see Solid&Liquid going no-holds barred and beating each other to death? God-send and ingenius programming and storyline..

On that note, Anubis from ZOE1. The payback in 2 was soooo worth it.

King-Fingolfin
Frozen Cloud does not affect Fontaine.

Uhhh.

Yeah it does.

The PS3 version atleast. I know for a FACT Frozen Cloud works on Fontaine whenever I fight him.

Cosmic Cube
I hated it when Marcus Wright died at the end of Terminator: Salvation.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I hated it when Marcus Wright died at the end of Terminator: Salvation. read the thread carefully... but yeah the most badass terminator dies.

Menetnashté
read the thread carefully... but yeah the most badass terminator dies.
Wow...You did not just say that. That my friend is an act of heresy.

Quincy
A New Jak and Daxter game gets announced.

For PS2.

FML

Phanteros
Originally posted by Quincy
A New Jak and Daxter game gets announced.

For PS2.

FML what the fvck!!??? article please.

Cosmic Cube
what the fvck!!??? article please. Lana/Peach is gonna get you for that.

I am who I am
The boss fights in RE5.

Raoul
The other day when i realised i was having to force myself to play through GOW.

Realising that Bison was damn near unbeatable in SF2 on my Amiga 600.

Any time the scripting kicks in while playing Pro Evolution Soccer.

MGS 3 with that stupid ladder.

That's all i can think of for now.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raoul

Gears of war or God of war ?

Black Yoshi
I don't remember the most disappointing moment while playing a video game, but I can remember my first disappointing moment.

The disappointing moment occurred in Super Mario 64. Somebody told me that I could make Yoshi appear if I collect 120 stars, which was the only reason why I decided to collect all the stars. After I finally collected all the stars, I shot myself unto the top of the castle by using the cannon near the moat. After talking to Yoshi and receiving 100 lives, I truly thought that I would be able to ride him around the castle and possibly inside where all the stages were at. Y'all can probably imagine my facial expression and reaction as I watched Yoshi walk away and jump off the castle...

NemeBro
Lol.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Gears of war or God of war ?

Gears of War. I'd played it on 360 and enjoyed it, and recently borrowed a copy for PC. After a couple of hours, i was getting bored. I tend to love 3rd person action games, but I dunno...

SaTsuJiN
watching the FFX ending in english.. faaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiillllllll

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Raoul

Realising that Bison was damn near unbeatable in SF2 on my Amiga 600.

Any time the scripting kicks in while playing Pro Evolution Soccer.

MGS 3 with that stupid ladder.

That's all i can think of for now.
How was the ladder one of your most disappointing moments...?

Raoul

Cosmic Cube
Anyone remember when Mr. Hooper (of Sesame Street) died? That was disappointing. I loved that old jew.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Anyone remember when Mr. Hooper (of Sesame Street) died? That was disappointing. I loved that old jew.

Did this occur in a videogame?

Cosmic Cube
Did this occur in a videogame? Nah.

Did you ever play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn? That ending was so anticlimactic (it's a little better if you play it on Hard.) After beating such an insanely difficult game, you're rewarded with total lameness. The turning everyone to stone thing was lame too. A shame. I loved the gameplay.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Quincy
You don't like that game? Multiplayer is fun as hell.

I don't own it though, I played it at a friends house.

yeah, no, it's garbage.

I'd also like to attach final fantasy x-2 to my list of video game disappointments.

SpadeKing
Ncaa 09 campus legend ending, I didn't have money for madden at the time sad

Nemesis X
Got a little dissapointed in Overlord when it became difficult as hell to find blue, red and green orbs for my minions. The Codemasters are right, that game is evil.

Mandrag Ganon
Meeting Puppet Ganon in Wind Waker.
Realising that Halo Wars is the easiest RTS of all time.
Finding out the Ganon in Twilight Princess looked like a Wild Boar.
Not getting to fight Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion.
Beating the final form of Night Mare in Link's Awakening in one hit.
Finding out that Omega Ridley is a piece of cake in Metroid Prime 3.
Playing as Big the Cat in Sonic Adventure
Watching Sargent Johnson getting killed by Guilty Spark.
KotOR 2 (need I say more)
Seeing Gears of War 2's crappy attempts at having a deep story filled with complex characters... atleast that's what they said Epic were trying to do... erm

Shadow Spider
Fighting Sephiroth in FF7
The Final Boss in Sonic Unleahsed (Wii)
Having the Pistol ruined in Halo 2

Nemesis X
I was pissed that I couldn't kill Alma at the end of FEAR 2. They better make a part 3 because ending a franchise with a major cliff hanger is not cool. Speaking of which, I'm also disappointed that Bungie may not make Halo 4. Why bother putting a cliff hanger in the legendary ending if they're not gonna have a sequel for it?

Darth Jello
The ending of Street Fighter 2010 was weak.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
For once I agree with you.

meh i don't think they intended it to be a big boss fight. The real ending of the game is the big warthog escape

But I will say that Halo 2 had a sucky ending and I wish you could fight the flood guy in halo 3 right after you kill the prophet

NemeBro
Slippy getting laid before Falco disappointed me in the Star Fox series.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Spartan005
meh i don't think they intended it to be a big boss fight. The real ending of the game is the big warthog escape

But I will say that Halo 2 had a sucky ending and I wish you could fight the flood guy in halo 3 right after you kill the prophet
Me too. That would've been awesome (the flood guy is called Gravemind by the way stick out tongue).

Slippy getting laid before Falco disappointed me in the Star Fox series.
Agreed.

sad

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Spartan005

We can never trust Bungie to make things awesome these days sad

Sin_Volvagia
I hate it when the final boss in an RPG is so easy to beat. Let's take Final Fantasy X for example:

After hearing about Yu Yevon, I knew that he would be the last battle. I finally get to Sin, wipe out Jecht and all the Aeons and here I am at the end of the game. I was thinking Yu Yevon would be some god-like mage but no, he had to be some bug. I took him down pretty easy and I was thinking that maybe he would transform into some big scary monster but it turned out to be a death scene and that was it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I hate it when the final boss in an RPG is so easy to beat.

Kinda like the final boss in Fallout 3?

Sin_Volvagia

I haven't played Fallout 3 so I wouldn't know that.

King-Fingolfin

Would he even count as a boss? erm

Dark Exile
KotOR 2's ending and beginning.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Dark Exile
KotOR 2's ending and beginning.

Agreed, the first one was way better.

NemeBro
I honestly thought Majora as a final boss was disappointing.

He is hyped up to be some godlike being, then you fight him as a crackhead with whips.

Phanteros
finding out that you can't kill the jester in overlord 2

Sin_Volvagia
I honestly thought Majora as a final boss was disappointing.

He is hyped up to be some godlike being, then you fight him as a crackhead with whips.

laughing

I thought he was pretty good final boss. He put up more of a fight than Ganon/dorf in OoT. Of course, using the Fierce Deity Mask makes the work very short and effortless. But why did he sound so feminine and weak? I'd love to know that.

Darth Jello
Finding out that despite being fully rendered in early production, Balloon Fighter and Mike Jones weren't in Smash Bros. Brawl. Oh well, I hear there may be a new Startropics game anyway...

HueyFreeman
to play the new fight night which finally added Mike tyson and George forman to the roster only to find out Gatti, Felix Trinidad, Oscar de la hoya, fernando vargas, hopkins, and floyd mayweather were removed. Wanted to throw my controller at the screen. Like I really wanted Tommy Morrison as part of the roster now

jaden101
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
to play the new fight night which finally added Mike tyson and George forman to the roster only to find out Gatti, Felix Trinidad, Oscar de la hoya, fernando vargas, hopkins, and floyd mayweather were removed. Wanted to throw my controller at the screen. Like I really wanted Tommy Morrison as part of the roster now

You could've found that out before you bought it by checking out the full roster on the demo.

Nemesis X
finding out that you can't kill the jester in overlord 2

If we killed the jester, who's ass would we be kicking endlessly in future Overlord games? Gnarl?

Nemesis X
Rented the Wii version of Twilight Princess. There's 8 bucks I won't be seeing again.

Allankles
The intro of Twilight Princess, the moment the deafening silence hits home. That dead atmosphere snuffed out my excitement.

Darth Jello
Realizing that the $10 I spent on the two PS1 Contra games is $10 I'll never see again.

FistOfThe North
the first time i beat mario 2 when i was a kid and finding out the whole game was just a damn dream.

Wei Phoenix
Fable 2 ending and boss fight.

KingD19
^OMG, you totally read my mind, I was just about to post that.

EvilAngel
I have a two

In world of Warcraft finding that the Spider King in that appeared in warcraft III; Anub'Arak was the final boss in one of the first instances in Northrend. They redeemed him a little by having him randomly turn up in Trail of the Crusader, but that makes no sense and is a poor attempt to bring back a pretty well liked character. It's insulting when you consider Kel'thuzard got an entire level 80 raid based on taking him down, when Anub'Arak has done a buttload more and is just a normal instance boss.

In games such as Fable/Oblivion where in you get to choose to be good or evil, you cannot complete the game unless you are good and save the world. It feels like to complete the game you might have to do something out of character, which feels like the rest of the game being good or bad is irrelevent as your character is ultimately going to perform an act of ultimate goodness.

jinXed by JaNx
latest disappointment comes from the ending in Ultimate Alliance 2

FistOfThe North
^ 2nd worst.

KingD19
When you don't find out what happens to Revan or the Exile in KOTOR 1 and 2.

NemeBro
Originally posted by EvilAngel
In games such as Fable/Oblivion where in you get to choose to be good or evil, you cannot complete the game unless you are good and save the world. It feels like to complete the game you might have to do something out of character, which feels like the rest of the game being good or bad is irrelevent as your character is ultimately going to perform an act of ultimate goodness. I kind of agree, in that the way he did so was out of character.

But in Fable's case, the Hero, good or Evil, HAS to stop Jack of Blades, because if he is evil and does not kill Jack, Jack would have destroyed all of Albion, leaving the Hero nothing to rule over.

In Oblivion, kind of the same thing, kinda hard to be evulz when a God is going to destroy the world. But it would be leet if you could join Dagon.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much all of ODST. There's $60 my GF won't ever see again (she mainly got it for the pre-order bonus)...

Thank God I didn't get it myself. Didn't think I'd be saying this, but Halo 3 is a much more worthwhile game.

edit: Also, not sure if this was already mentioned or not, but the end of Star Fox Adventures... where you fight Andross (again) instead of General Scales (which the game was practically building up to), who instead just dies (in the most anticlimactic way possible) when giving Fox the last Krazoa Spirit...
For one of the last Nintendo games Rare was involved in, that certainly didn't leave behind a good lasting impression.

Impediment
The final fight in Batman: Arkham Asylum was pretty disappointing. I felt nothing but regret for what could have been.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Impediment
The final fight in Batman: Arkham Asylum was pretty disappointing. I felt nothing but regret for what could have been.

I agree. Atleast in most recent memory.

geshien
Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

Boss battle was lame. Ending was unsatisfying.

Nemesis X
I'm dissapointed that I couldn't beat the crap out of Sofia Lamb in Bioshock 2. You'd think that at the end, you'd do something that would earn your money's worth.

Nephthys
The ending to Neverwinter Nights 2.

Rocks fall and everyone dies. no expression

Go fvck yourselves Obsidian.

Mask of the Betrayer does make up for it, but seriously: Worst. Ending. Ever. Fable 2 has nothing on this shit.

menokokoro
I kind of agree, in that the way he did so was out of character.

But in Fable's case, the Hero, good or Evil, HAS to stop Jack of Blades, because if he is evil and does not kill Jack, Jack would have destroyed all of Albion, leaving the Hero nothing to rule over.

In Oblivion, kind of the same thing, kinda hard to be evulz when a God is going to destroy the world. But it would be leet if you could join Dagon. This just reminds me of me and my friends rpg we play where i betrayed them smile it was great fun.

-Pr-
Dragon Age DLC (for the most part).

Zack Fair
Halo 2's ending.

Esomark
Learning that Demitri Maximoff won't be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was disappointing to hear.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by -Pr-
Dragon Age DLC (for the most part).

Speaking of Dragon Age DLC, what made Return to Ostagar dissapointing to most fans was that you couldn't find Duncan's corpse and take his armor. It would've looked so badass on my character sad

-Pr-
Speaking of Dragon Age DLC, what made Return to Ostagar dissapointing to most fans was that you couldn't find Duncan's corpse and take his armor. It would've looked so badass on my character sad

Duncan's armour is available online from any number of mod sites.

No End N Site
Sephiroth killin' Aerith. It only became cool on my 2nd go around cuz I showed her ass no love and poured my heart and soul into Tifa.

Stoic
Generally speaking, the end of just about every game that I have played was a buzz kill.

Th3birdman
Finding out (the hard way) that, in SSF4 online, EVERYONE either does the same thing (change up, spam fireball, shoryuken, turtle, AND GRABBING, OH THE GRABBING!)

AsbestosFlaygon
Playing Hotel Mario

Ridley_Prime
I guess another for me would be when I first witnessed Super Smash Bros Brawl's full roster. no expression

Cyner
I guess another for me would be when I first witnessed Super Smash Bros Brawl's full roster. no expression
Tacking onto Brawl... The first time I watched DDD chaingrab Link across the entirety of Final Destination nonstop.

Ridley_Prime
What a balanced game!

Cyner
What a balanced game!

tripping creates balance sick

That ACDC Chick
the end of Borderlands

zeroking24
the eanding of halo reach it sucked i thought noble six would be master cheif

SpadeKing
Which would be impossible since Noble 6 is a spartan III and Chief is a spartan II but with the way Halo is now it wouldn't have been surprising if they pulled it no expression

zeroking24
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Which would be impossible since Noble 6 is a spartan III and Chief is a spartan II but with the way Halo is now it wouldn't have been surprising if they pulled it no expression

I get your point there but at the end cortana was sed to have picked noble six and I thought that cortana picked him and that he would have become master cheif and become the last Spartan alive but it sucked that he died at the end with all of thoughs elites!

Lord Shadow Z
Any game where they give you puny weapons to defeat a jet fighter/helicopter... can't think of any at the moment but I'm sure I've been in this position before.

Also I was a bit disappointed with Res4, I replayed it recently and I was wishing that the village section of the game could have been a bit longer. The enviroment was cramped and with the colours of the stage you sometimes couldn't make out the Ganados, which made playing it a bit scarier.

Finally any game with escort missions... I bloody hate them!

SpadeKing
Finding out I would spend 97% of FF13 pressing A and the other 3% pressing LB

NemeBro
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Finding out I would spend 97% of FF13 pressing A and the other 3% pressing LB That game is such a gigantic ****ing grindfest... I do not look forward to when I eventually decide to go back and achievement-whore off it.

StyleTime
Apart from the music, Silent Hill Homecoming was disappointing.

Most of Bullet Witch.

The Arcana Heart 2 port being executed so poorly.

Nu-13 not being a regular character in BlazBlue CS.

Mu-12's lasers disappearing if she is hit in BlazBlue CS.

Lambda-11 being balanced instead of being the broken beast she deserves to be in BlazBlue CS.

Rachel sucking so badly in BlazBlue CS.

zeroking24
That game is such a gigantic ****ing grindfest... I do not look forward to when I eventually decide to go back and achievement-whore off it.

well it's still a good story line

Kazenji
Originally posted by zeroking24
I get your point there but at the end cortana was sed to have picked noble six and I thought that cortana picked him and that he would have become master cheif and become the last Spartan alive but it sucked that he died at the end with all of thoughs elites!

I'm guessing you have'nt seen the secret at the end of Halo: Reach.

zeroking24
what secret is it in legendary campian?

Cyner
Originally posted by zeroking24
what secret is it in legendary campian?

No you see it no matter what difficulty, maybe don't press start when the credits roll.

zeroking24
Hmm I gess I have too do that then

Nemesis X
ME3's ending.

Kazenji
How Shepard dies ??

seriously if that's what the big deal is over.... what's next people don't like an ending to a movie better complain to the director and get them to change it..... erm

Nemesis X
Somebody has not been paying attention in the ME3 thread apparently.

Nibedicus
How Shepard dies ??

seriously if that's what the big deal is over.... what's next people don't like an ending to a movie better complain to the director and get them to change it..... erm

Some endings are just that bad.... -_-

I'd have to say, I shared your sentiment. Thought a lot of ppl were just being haters for the sake of hating on something that's popular (just to be cool or just cuz they're lemmings).

Then I played the game, saw the ending and went: "................!!!! OOooooooohhhh! THAT'S what they meant...!. O_o"

Nephthys
^ x 2 combo.

I thought people were just whining because it couldn't live up to expectations.

Then I saw it. Oh.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... :C

Sin_Volvagia
Nobody should get mad now if I revive threads from the dead.

Ridley_Prime
I lol'd.

mmm

Nephthys
How Shepard dies ??

Also in the best ending Shepard doesn't die.

Zack Fair
Being stuck with Raiden in the plant chapter and Halo 2's ending are some of the dissapointments I remember most.

Edit Just realized I already posted them so...a new one is up there: Mass Effect 3's ending.

BackFire
Raiden from MGS2 is a big one.

Also for me, everything after disc 1 of FFVIII. After FFVI and VII I thought Square could do no wrong, and that FFVIII would maybe be the best FF game yet. Oh how wrong I was.

Zack Fair
FFXIII disappointed me big time now that you mention FF

0mega Spawn
Red Dead Redemption ending.
not the fact that john died
but the fact i could have easily ****ed up that small group of soldiers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.