Lamest fighting game "new characters"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Sado22
okay so in the past we've seen some games that came out with pretty much shit excuse for a new characters. KofMI, SFIV, AoF3, SF3:3rd strike, KoF2003, tekken (5 and 6 upgrades) and tons of others.

so, rate your shittest line up of new characters of all time.

for me:
SF IV

rufus sick
el feurto sick
abel sick
seth sick
vaness...err..crimson vanes...err...crimson viper sick
gouken sick

followed closely by KoFMI2:
jivatma=shite
nigase=shite
louise=alright but meh

~Sado

Gamerr-X
Rufus in SFIV, who the hell would wanna be him...

Kazenji
My picks

Mortal Kombat-

Hsu Hao
Ashrah
Mavado
Taven

Street Fighter Alpha 3

R.Mika

Neo Darkhalen
Dark Khan
Rufus

Quincy
Ice Climbers



/thread

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
My picks

Mortal Kombat-

Hsu Hao
Ashrah
Mavado
Taven

Street Fighter Alpha 3

R.Mika
Why Mavado? =(

Eh, as for my picks.. I'll get back to ya on that.

NemeBro
Notice how Sado listed the entire new cast on SFIV.

Anyway, Rufus is the only one that I particularly dislike.

BackFire
El Fuerte is pretty bad. I like all the others in SF4, though.

SaTsuJiN
lol dont forget...Soiree and Alba.. sick

they're almost as bad as Ash Crimson, in terms of both broken-ness and story

chomperx9
SF IV has the lamest new characters.

the characters in SF 3rd strike were not to bad.

SaTsuJiN
jivatma makes me rofl IRL

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/snk/images/f/fe/Jivatma_designs.jpg

Cosmic Cube
I wanted Thawk to be in SF IV. He was a good role model for young Native Americans.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Dark Khan
Rufus Ditto Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol dont forget...Soiree and Alba.. sick

they're almost as bad as Ash Crimson, in terms of both broken-ness and story Ditto. Ditt-muthafukin'-O. Fagcoon designs suck @ss!!!! Why the fvck did SNK give him so much control over shit? Duo Lon is lame as hell too.Originally posted by Kazenji
My picks

Mortal Kombat-

Hsu Hao
Ashrah
Mavado
TavenDitto. I think they fell off in terms of everything after MK 2.
Originally posted by Kazenji
Street Fighter Alpha 3

R.MikaR.Mika is awesome!!! Originally posted by Sado22
okay so in the past we've seen some games that came out with pretty much shit excuse for a new characters. KofMI, SFIV, AoF3, SF3:3rd strike, KoF2003, tekken (5 and 6 upgrades) and tons of others.

so, rate your shittest line up of new characters of all time.
for me:
SF IV

rufus sick
el feurto sick
abel sick
seth sick
vaness...err..crimson vanes...err...crimson viper sick
gouken sickDitto 4 Rufus & Seth. I like or can tolerate the others. The director or some SF4 top guy said C.Viper was designed to be "cool like the KOF Designs". I like her 'cuz she gropes other chix. big grinOriginally posted by Sado22
followed closely by KoFMI2:
jivatma=shite
nigase=shite
louise=alright but meh

~Sado Fagcoon should be stoned to death in the public square. The MI series takes the cake when it comes to horrible designs. Hell, the 2 main characters are 2 of the most god-awful designs EVER!

Cosmic Cube
Sure beats an alcoholic casino manager, am I right?

General Kaliero
I-Drop, I've decided you get an official warning. You should know by now how language here works.

I-Drop
Kinda lame 'cuz of the lateness. I've been using that kind of language since I got here. Ah well. For future reference, what words did I use that peeved you?

Peach
Language like "fagcoon" (what the hell is that even meant to mean?) and using "fvck" and the sort to bypass the censor is not acceptable. In fact, censor bypass is a bannable offense.

So don't do it.

I-Drop
Won't do it anymore. Falcoon is a guy that makes very bad designs(Ash, Duo Lon, Alba, Soiree, Jivatama, etc. Notice how all of them have already been mentioned in this thread). Often called Fat **** & other names by the legions of people who hate his designs. He's one of the main reasons SNK games don't sell so well in the U.S.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
"fagcoon" (what the hell is that even meant to mean?)

A gay racoon?

Kazenji
Originally posted by I-Drop
.Ditto. I think they fell off in terms of everything after MK 2.


I disagree there, Sure there are some bad new characters for the games but there has been some new good ones from midway such as

Shujinko
Bo'Rai Cho
Kenshi
Moloch
Havik
Onaga

Don't know about you but i quite like those ones.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Kazenji
I disagree there, Sure there are some bad new characters for the games but there has been some new good ones from midway such as

Shujinko
Bo'Rai Cho
Kenshi
Moloch
Havik
Onaga

Don't know about you but i quite like those ones. Loved Havik

Kazenji
He's a better design then Meat for the undead characters.

Sado22
is that supposed to mean something? look after that cuz I listed the new characters of KoFMI2 as well as the Aof3 guys laughing

~Sado

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Kazenji
I disagree there, Sure there are some bad new characters for the games but there has been some new good ones from midway such as

Shujinko
Bo'Rai Cho
Kenshi
Moloch
Havik
Onaga

Don't know about you but i quite like those ones. How did you forget Mokap, dude? He's awesome.

SaTsuJiN
the only characters I like from the newer MK's are Kenshi, Movado and Frost

as for the older MK's.. Reptile (MK2) , Kung Lao (MK2) , Stryker, and Kabal are really cool.. but we're here to talk lame.. so enough of that

Cosmic Cube
I really hate that vampire whore from MK. She sticks out like a sore thumb. What's her name, again?

Kazenji
Vampire Whore is good enough.

SaTsuJiN
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Nitara ?.. she looks pretty fail..

Also, half the cast of toshinden 3 was absolutely lame

I am who I am
-E.Honda

-Dan, no wait, I meant Robert and Ryo, Yuri, Tak- You know what, there all lame ass hell. Gayokugen, that should be the name.

-All the new cats in KOF MI and 2003(few exception, but not many)

-Jin Kazama.

-Jack

-Mokujin

-Seth (his moves are beastly but he's weak as hell)

-Jinpachi

-Ace

-Alan

-Juli and Juni(good together, suck apart)

-And alot more.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, I didn't really mind the vampire Nitara, but yeah. Nothing particularly special about her either.

I-Drop
She sux(Pun not intended). Originally posted by Kazenji
I disagree there, Sure there are some bad new characters for the games but there has been some new good ones from midway such as

Shujinko
Bo'Rai Cho
Kenshi
Moloch
Havik
Onaga

Don't know about you but i quite like those ones. Kenshi is the only one that's not lame to me.Originally posted by I am who I am
-E.Honda

-Dan, no wait, I meant Robert and Ryo, Yuri, Tak- You know what, there all lame ass hell. Gayokugen, that should be the name.

-All the new cats in KOF MI and 2003(few exception, but not many)

-Jin Kazama.

-Jack

-Mokujin

-Seth (his moves are beastly but he's weak as hell)

-Jinpachi

-Ace

-Alan

-Juli and Juni(good together, suck apart)

-And alot more. Honda's ok. AOF as a series didn't have too many good designs. King's great, Lee, Robert & Mr. Big are alright, but everybody else sucks ass.

Sado22
Ryo's a cool design, honestly. he wouldn't be around for as long if he wasn't. besides, he's got a...err...personality and style, you know, the things the dude-in-white-karate-gi doesn't big grin

~Sado

I-Drop
But the guy in the white gi has legions of fans & his series still continues 'cuz people care about his story. People spend money buying SF comics and anime. rehash on the other hand is from a long-dead failure of a series that had all these cool features & still couldn't move enough units to survive(&they had the dumbest, corniest, most obscure Anime move ever. They didn't even get a sequel. Thank gawd). big grin Saw the History of SNK on gamespot the other day. KOF & SS were big money makers. FF did it's part too. AOF never was able to do much. People were too busy playing the game w/the guy in the white gi. rehash is still around most likely 'cuz he's easy to play with(Or so that they can have someone to beat on when they make manga for the games). Most people are already familiar w/his rehashed moveset from previous experience playing the superior & much more profitable SF games big grin Riding a motorcycle & disappointing his father by having a crossdressing but attractive girlfriend that he been w/for over a decade & still ain't knocked up(gay?) does not = personality & style. It = fail. That's why AOF has the lowest # of follow up games out of all the major SNK fighting franchises represented in KOF. They always had the lamest main character out of all of them. Hell, they even tried to gain points by not having him as the main character for AOF 3 'cuz of his suck factor. Sadly, it was too little, waay too late & AOF faded into the void.

NemeBro
...I-Drop are you drunk?

I-Drop
Always.


They thought they could put rehash on a motorcycle & people'd say "Wow. He's cool. Gotta buy this game!!". Next they'll have him snowbording. Then he'll be base jumping & doing all types of extreme sports. When that doesn't work they'll have him wearing sunglasses & participating in rap-battles & when it's all said & done his games still won't make any money. big grin

NemeBro
No for serious, that post looks like a drunk man wrote it and shit.

I-Drop
Nah. Had a lil' Vodka & Cranberry juice b4 I left my cousin's house. Not enough to impair me tho. Lotta spelling mistakes & bad grammar in my shit? I thought it was a good rant.

Sado22
I-drop don't be mentioning vodka to a minor! mad


people spend money to read about the guy in the redunderwear too and the biatch with the lasso and the closet homo in a batsuit. don't make 'em cool. it just means that there are tons and tons of gullible stupid idiots out there who read thse books because of the McDonald's effect: it's original, therefor its the best.


McDonald's effect. a game that offered depth, and introduced stuff that people didn't see again till 3-5 years later was cast away because of fools looking at ryu's firehadouken upgrade (which was actually a glitch in the previous ones laughing out loud ) and said it was the shite. same way, as when people picked up Superman and said "wow" even though Vertigo and Marvel were coming up with better characters and better stories.


and alfred hitchcock never got an oscar laughing out loud must mean he sucks then?
lets be done with this shite, mane. you aint proving anything but what i said several times before: people are idiots and don't know class. that's why you got movie critics sitting over people and telling them what to like and what not to like. its wrong, but it cant be helped because people can't think and what little thinking they do is dumb.


but training in a smelly gi for 30 years and day dreaming about your blonde best friend is epitome of manliness and style?


it was ahead of it's time...kinda like bladerunner which was a flop when it came out even though it introduced/madefamous the whole neo-noir, futuristic, post apocolyptic galaxy traveller, bounty hunter with jazz and blues music stuff that gets rippedoff to shreds all the time 30 years later.


subjective. Superman got voted as #1 comicbook character of all time despite being boring and dull and wolveine got voted as #1 another time
despite being about as boring but with a bigger jobber aura. these losers got to sit on the top while John Constantine, Jesse Custer and Spider Jerusalem got to sit and top 10's and 20's and 30's despite being 10000000000000 cooler, 100000000000000000000 as complex and 1000000000000000000000000 as better stories.


McDonald effect. the better stuff gets outshined because it came later and because people are dumbhpucks who live in the 21st century but still listen to their neandrathal genetic dumbshittery.

people are idiots.

~Sado

I-Drop
Sado you're starting to sound like a fanatic. This "McD effect" shit is just you whining about how stuff you love ain't as popular as SF. Get over it. Hate SF all ya want. No real need to call fans of something that you got mad hate for "gullible stupid idiots" just cuz they differ from you. Not that serious cheif. Get a handle on that. Your way ain't the only one. I agree that Supes is a piece of shit, but I ain't gonna insult his fans. They've got a right to like a character that sux laughing out loud Seriously tho. Be cool.

&to Neme......uh it was non-alchoholic vodka. Thumbs up, Sado? big grin

Sado22
what? dude, you were the one who read my post, got so upset that you had to go to your cousin's house and drink away your pain and then returned to reply to my post laughing out loud


no, the McD effect is explaining to you that just cuz something is popular don't mean it's better. there's no whining in that, mate.


nothing to get over, mate. it's a videogame. you know me better than that. i'm not batman. i can get over things and still get laid.


don't hate SF. "hate" is what people call it when i say i don't rub copies of SF games over my body to bring me good luck and ward off evil spells laughing out loud


am entitled to an opinion. backed it up with evidence of other cases of McDonald effects. ultimately, everything is a matter of opinion and if you have one you have to back it up with some kind of evidence. that's the difference between being biased opinionated phuck and being a clever biased opinionated phuck.
your opinion was that SF is more than AoF popular cuz it sells more (your evidence). my evidence was that SF sells more than AoF cuz AoF was ahead of it's time and gave examples of other people and ideas that were ahead of their time and suffered a similar fate.


gonna cut your scalp, boy!


i aint insulting his fans. i'm saying people are dumbphucks in general. and history's on my side when i say it. no need going around denying the most well known truth after "we all die" and followed closely by "there is a god but he doesn't care".


*empties a clip on you like the gangsta dude in Be Cool*
Don't tell me to be cool CUZ I AM COOL!


what you did to his poor, impressionable mind... laughing

~Sado

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22

subjective. Superman got voted as #1 comicbook character of all time despite being boring and dull and wolveine got voted as #1 another time
despite being about as boring but with a bigger jobber aura. these losers got to sit on the top while John Constantine, Jesse Custer and Spider Jerusalem got to sit and top 10's and 20's and 30's despite being 10000000000000 cooler, 100000000000000000000 as complex and 1000000000000000000000000 as better stories.


For the Superman and Wolverine thing have you even checked out their stories or have you just gone to wikipedia or some shit and 'just gone wow.........so thats what they're does'nt interest me one bit'

so yeah their losers just because your not a fan of those characters........good logic roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Sado22
of course. i used to have every crossover, whatif and volumes of Wolverine and read them until my eyes started bleeding with all the PIS, overratedness and overusing of him. I have also followed a couple of the major events of DC.
Superman is boring.
Wolverine is boring.


is that what you did when you said Nick Fury would beat Frank? laughing out loud


no, i said they're idiots. don't put words in my mouth big grin

~Sado
P.S. look at the first word of post you quoted no expression

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
of course. i used to have every crossover, whatif and volumes of Wolverine and read them until my eyes started bleeding with all the PIS, overratedness and overusing of him. I have also followed a couple of the major events of DC.
Superman is boring.
Wolverine is boring.


Have'nt really read anything Superman related these days and no your McDonalds effect does'nt apply to me, But as for Wolverine i agree with the overusing of him ever since the X-men movies he's gotten a ton of comics with him in it But i only stick to 3 comics with him in it these days



If your talking about that Stonewall link i provided i already knew about what Fury did to him since i got the secret Invasion tie-in for Mighty Avengers which that happen



Also when you said Batman is a closet homo how the hell is he a Homosexual when you see him hanging around Catwoman whenever he finds her prowling the streets of Gotham.

Sado22
if my McDonald's effect doesn't apply to you then why are you getting bent out of shape? its not even meant to be something set in stone. there are exceptions to all rules. there are people out there who genuinely like Superman because they see someone who is capable of being god stay humble enough to be a man. There are women who look at Wonder Woman as the epitome of the feminist ideal. there are people who look at Batman as the pinnacle of human will and intellect. and they firmly believe this.
My McDonald comment is not aimed at these people but at those who like them simply because they are the first of their kind (esp supers and wondy) or because they are bigger names than others. same way, as there are people who say SF is better than AoF because it came first and go to mcdonalds without trying Hardees or burger king or popeyes or charley's. there are people who are simply doing what they're doing because they're running after a bigger slogan and jumping the bandwagon.

heck, my girl's a big superman fan. if you're not someone who fits the McDonald bill, then get your head outta the nose because I'm not talking to you.


man, you pisceses really are an emotional bundle.
relax man, I was just kidding.


okay, he's bi smile

~Sado
P.S. yes, i've been stalking people and looking at their birthdays. I've got you all figured out! mwahahahaha evil face

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
if my McDonald's effect doesn't apply to you then why are you getting bent out of shape? its not even meant to be something set in stone. there are exceptions to all rules. there are people out there who genuinely like Superman because they see someone who is capable of being god stay humble enough to be a man. There are women who look at Wonder Woman as the epitome of the feminist ideal. there are people who look at Batman as the pinnacle of human will and intellect. and they firmly believe this.
My McDonald comment is not aimed at these people but at those who like them simply because they are the first of their kind (esp supers and wondy) or because they are bigger names than others. same way, as there are people who say SF is better than AoF because it came first and go to mcdonalds without trying Hardees or burger king or popeyes or charley's. there are people who are simply doing what they're doing because they're running after a bigger slogan and jumping the bandwagon.

I get you now i read your McDonalds effect wrong the way i got was just because something is popular everybody gets onto the bandwagon




And you too relax i was'nt getting pissed off about anything



I suppose we should get back to the topic before the mods tell us off.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by I-Drop rehash is still around most likely 'cuz he's easy to play with Honestly, he's pretty damn good.. parry alone puts him up there.. and on top of that he usually gets the overhead chop, zanretsu and the step back punch (not the super)..

granted I always will prefer robert, but even though he seems like a rehash.. ryo and ryu couldnt be more different

SF is more of a pokemon tried and true approach.. KoF is always jumping around by either doing something retarded, something good.. and then you get the in-betweeners that everyone likes

like, IMO..

terribad KOFs = 98, 99, 00, 01, 03, XI, MI

Kof's that I enjoyed - 94, 95, 96 , 97, 02, MI2

gameplay wise, I feel that if I had to use ryu, I'd be forced to play a certain way all the time.. with ryo I feel as though I could mix it up a little (maybe cuz he's slightly OP?.. /shrug)

Sado22
he is. gamewise, Ryo's a beast. ryu has three moves that everyone else in the game does better and gives you more combos. Ryo on the other hand has more moves, amazing priority and he's awesome as both an offensive characters, a defensive fighter and even a counter-attack based fighter. he's also a combo beast.


you're the stepback puncher type!? mad
*takes out minigun and shoots you down*
annoying bastards!


the part about the kyokugenryu guys is that they all play very differently and are all solid in aspects. like ryo, robert can be used as any type with much more ease as opposed to ryu. ryu is easy to be a defensive fighter but offensively he can be annoying. he's also a combo player's nightmare. his biggest combo is what? 5 hits?
robert, yuri, ryo, takuma, marco all of them play VERY differently and the difference isn't just a longer shoryuken and a faster projectile but a whole new moveset, animaton and priorities. ryo is nothing like robert, is nothing like takuma is nothing like yuri. post 96 if you didn't know the story you'd never guess they are related.

heck, KoF96-98 they even had those unblockable 5 hit combos which could be followed up with a special laughing out loud


at least it makes it new every time. that's why its never stale. come SF4 you can blindfold yourself and have your girl tell you where the opponent is and you can still beat the game with ryu or ken or akuma or sakura or gouken or dan or sean or allen etc.

SNK always made better games imo, although SF3 is probably the best 2d fighter. SF's problem is lack of imagination, stale movelists, excessive milking and waaaaaaaay to much repackaging in a shiner packet. fvck that. i want a new game, biatches mad

~Sado

I-Drop
Originally posted by Sado22
what? dude, you were the one who read my post, got so upset that you had to go to your cousin's house and drink away your pain and then returned to reply to my post laughing out loud laughing out loud Yep. That's exactly what happenedOriginally posted by Sado22
no, the McD effect is explaining to you that just cuz something is popular don't mean it's better. there's no whining in that, mate.Yes there is. You could have explained that w/out all the whining. I already knew that anyway. SF isn't better because it's more popular, IMO it's more popular because it's better. Same way SNK took that stuff from AOF (the camera zooming & shit) & put it to better use in a waaaaaay better game like SS. SS also lives on & what a surprise, it also became waaaaay more popular than lame old AOF. SS & SF are great series & they gained great popularity. There haven't really been any great AOF games. They had a couple of great features, but the gameplay was mediocre & the characters sucked so said features went wasted until SS and other great games used them better. Remember how lame it was in AOF whenever you got hit w/a jumpkick you fell? Notice how they got rid of that shit in SNKs better games? AOF was never that great. I'd really like you to find one person who says that SF is better than AOF just 'cuz it's original. SF is better 'cuz it is better & has better characters & was just more fun. Having a few cool elements doesn't make a game great. It's gotta be a great mix. SS & SF & KOF(not the new one) have that mix. FF had that mix w/MOTW but they released it on a soon-to-fail platform(Dreamcast). AOF NEVER had that mix &that's what sent it to the scrap heap, not people going "It's not original so I ain't buying it. SF is better because it's teh foist!!!!!!!!"(unless you have some REAL evidence suggesting otherwise). SF came b4 SS & KOF but they somehow still made dolo. I blame AOF's failure on AOF, nothing else. Sometimes the McD effect applies. Sometimes it don't. This is one of those times when it don'tOriginally posted by Sado22
am entitled to an opinion. backed it up with evidence of other cases of McDonald effects. ultimately, everything is a matter of opinion and if you have one you have to back it up with some kind of evidence. that's the difference between being biased opinionated phuck and being a clever biased opinionated phuck.
your opinion was that SF is more than AoF popular cuz it sells moreHuh?Originally posted by Sado22
(your evidence). my evidence was that SF sells more than AoF cuz AoF was ahead of it's time and gave examples of other people and ideas that were ahead of their time and suffered a similar fate.But your "evidence" doesn't really apply here so it's just whining, not evidence. Originally posted by Sado22
i aint insulting his fans.You are. Maybe ya don't intend to thoOriginally posted by Sado22
i'm saying people are dumbphucks in general. and history's on my side when i say it.If that was all you were saying I'd be saying it right along w/you. You're basically saying "people are dumbphucks in general & that's why SF made it & AOF didn't" You see where I'm going w/this now, mane? It's kinda like you're making excuses for AOFailure. All we know is SF made it & AOF didn't. There's no evidence proving why or why not. History would suggest that AOF failed 'cuz it was garbage w/a few shreds of coolness &that SF succeded 'cuz it was greatness that they added AOFs few shreds of coolness to. Same w/SS & any other series that took the cool things about AOF but used them waay better.
Originally posted by Sado22
what you did to his poor, impressionable mind... laughing
laughing out loud He'll be alright.

I-Drop
P.S. Not sure about the gameplay in AOF 2 or 3, but the designs sucked @ss, negating any chance of the mix required for greatness.

NemeBro
Jesus Christ can you people learn proper spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure?

Your posts are Goddamn eye-sores.

Sado22
that's the manliest thing you can do? run out of the ring and run a spell check on your opponent?

Sado22
heh, i knew it. man, you're getting old...sad


that's cool with me, man. you're entitled to an opinion. as long as you'er basing it on something and not blindly jumping the bandwagon, i'm good.


well, we already went over this and this is the bit where i tried to explain to you something by using bladerunner as an example. AoF was ahead of its time...amongst other things.


i remember the "John Crawly is a guile ripoff because he fights in front of a helicopter" thing which made me laugh my ass off. stupid frankie yagami. so the character, with a whole new moveset, different style altogether is a ripoff because his stage is a military base....gotta love that kinda logic eh?
john would've made an appearance hadn't misguided sf fanboyism had him grated by people for no reason. to date, he gets flamed for being a ripoff when he isn't one. its proof of how rampant SF fanboyism really has been over the years and how many games it's buried despite it's mediocre offering.............heck, its fits your description of Triple H perfectly laughing out loud
ryo, robert, yuri, takuma, eiji, king, mr. big, lee all of 'em have made appearances in KoF. from FF1-3, terry, andy, joe, mai, geese, kim, mary, ryuji, billy made it. the rest didn't. don't mean the cast is weak, mate.


dude, they took that out in AoF2.


don't act like it's a fact mane. it's a matter of opinion. i respect your opinion but i can't help point out how you've said in the past that you never played the game (iirc, apologies if not). how you're making these claims then is beyond me. you didn't even know all those things till i pointed them out to you and didn't know that they took out the falling thing in the next game. now it could be your memory of course (jiji!)


i can point out that people still believe john's a guile ripoff.
i can point that people think akuma came first then takuma
i can point that people think sakura came first then yuri
i can point that people don't know that Sf and AoF were developed by the same people, are inspired from the same things and that far from being a ryu spoof, Ryo is actually a clear homage to SuperSaiyan Goku, complete with
1) orange gi
2) black shirt underneeth
3) same wrist and feet guards
4) spikey blonde hair
and a few influences from Kenshiro e.g. zanrestuken etc.

as for proving that cats actually believe that SF is better cuz it came first, why don't you answer how you've decided that SF is better when you haven't played AoF games?


it does, imo. SF's the bigger name and Capcom's a bigger company. no one is denying that and hence, more money is put into promoting and selling it. AoF never got the kind of exposure SF garnered. if you think i'm saying SF is better than AoF simply because of the McD effect, well no, it isn't and there are lots of factors. the main reasons, according to me are (in no particular order):
-ignorance
-McD effect
-overzealous fanboyism
-being ahead of its time
-not getting enough exposure
-being launched by a smaller company
-people are gullible dumbphucks who believe anything if you say it enough times (batman is complex, jessica alba is hot, britney spears can sing, titanic was the best movie etc. etc.)


giving an example of things being ahead of their time. how is that whining? you still got the vodka in your system laughing out loud


well, don't you think people are generally lazy dumbphucks? i think the root of our argument lies here.




i'm not making excuses. i'm saying there are a coupla reasons why it failed and some of them were due to no fault of its own but rotten luck (being ahead of its time etc).


you never answer my hitchcock question?
and phuck history. i just finished reading Slaughterhouse5 and there's an excerp in it that talks about how Americans got to know about the Dresden bombing 20 years after it was carried out and that it killed more people than the hiroshima bombing.
not saying anything on the political front, but you do realize what my stand on history is now don't you?

~Sado

I-Drop
Played AOF 1. That's how I decided SF was better. Never even saw the other 2 in my area. Notice what I posted in the P.S. part. Hitchcock was a great director. AOF is still a shitty series. Making it to KOF doesn't mean you don't suck. Bao comes to mind. Lee(AOF1. the AOF2 version looked dumb) & Big are OK. Rob is cool & King is awesome. The others are lame. I know Takuma came b4 Gouki. I'm not ingnorant of that but I'm very apathetic. Gouki's awesome but Takuma's a nobody. You tried & failed to make a link between the 2 b4. They ain't put him in this new shitty KOF or the MI series. Originally posted by NemeBro
Jesus Christ can you people learn proper spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure?No!!!
Originally posted by NemeBro
Your posts are Goddamn eye-sores. Deal w/it. **** da grammar police!

SaTsuJiN
lol..

I didnt really like the gameplay too much for AoF2.. Yuri is the cheapest hoe ever when the CPU is controlling her..

I however do like the fact that you can punch fireballs to cancel them out, and taunt to remove spirit bar..

AoF 3 was when the series started to go down the right track.. but I hated the cast sooo much.. I liked Kasumi / Robert / Ryo and thats it.. the rest were just filler garbage..

and to think that aof 3 was on less powerful hardware, and still animated just as good as 3rd strike, IMO.. then garou just swept the floor out from under me >< *runs to change undies*

Also, plz delete the "hero" team from KOF12, forever!...

Ash, Duo, and Shen.. together!?. /wrist,/wrist,/wrist,/wrist *hand falls off from slashing*

bring back Women's Team (classic), Mai, King, Yuri ><

I-Drop
Ditto. Good post.

Sado22
aof3 had its strong points and it was definitely smoother. the gameplay was solid as well but was still loyal to the series. if they had put in some decent characters it would've been a good game. heck, it still got good rating and reviews.
i also like how you could mix up your attacks into different combos, kinda like Tekken, and i also like the fact that you have running attacks, down attacks and the fact that your stance changed with how much trouble you were in...the fighters getting cagey when near KO. they could take these elements and incorporate them into KoF because they made the gameplay very interesting.


Shen's cool. Couldnt' care less about Ash and Duo though.

~Sado

I-Drop
Shen's meh just for hanging around w/those guys. The whole team can go for all I care. Out of all the major series of SNK, AOF is the ONLY one that never got the WHOLE formula right. SS(I can't think of 3 SS characters who I can't @least tolerate), KOF, & FF(MOTW) all pulled it off @one time or another.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Sado22
i remember the "John Crawly is a guile ripoff because he fights in front of a helicopter" thing which made me laugh my ass off. stupid frankie yagami. so the character, with a whole new moveset, different style altogether is a ripoff because his stage is a military base....gotta love that kinda logic eh?


That's just Frankie. He likes being ignorant about things like that.

Seriously, he does.

k1Lla441
Man, a thread that shouldnt involve no debating at all involves more debating than the debate threads erm thanks for ruining it, guys disgust

SaTsuJiN
wait.. how do you 'not' debate about lame fighting game characters?.. lol

this thread might become a minefield of fanboys O_O *creepy music*

Sado22
i just loved how he was talking about Fotns being lame even though it is the mother of all fighting games. then again, any POS who has the nerve to give SF4 a high rating and say that the graphics are amazing.

~Sado

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Sado22
i just loved how he was talking about Fotns being lame even though it is the mother of all fighting games. then again, any POS who has the nerve to give SF4 a high rating and say that the graphics are amazing.

~Sado

He said FOTNS was lame? How idiotic is that? I always did wonder why he never gave Kenshiro or the other characters any pages of their own but if that happens to be the reason, then he is even more pathetic than I thought. But that's okay, I got the Fight-A-Base site to go to anyway. That at least stays true to what it's about.

I didn't even bother reading his SFIV review because I knew he was gonna overrate it somehow.

As for who I think are the lamest new characters, I'd say Rufus and Falcoon's designs.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Sado22
i just loved how he was talking about Fotns being lame even though it is the mother of all fighting games. then again, any POS who has the nerve to give SF4 a high rating and say that the graphics are amazing.

~Sado

Whoa who was talking about FOTNS?! I will Tensho Juji Ho the hell out of them!

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Whoa who was talking about FOTNS?! I will Tensho Juji Ho the hell out of them!

Frankie Yagami. He says alot of things that can really piss someone off.

Wei Phoenix
Anyone have a link to where he said this?

Sado22
he said something dumb about the characters looking lame and outdated before he updated the page...probably because someone told him to stop being a dumbass.
me, i don't care about that. it just annoys me how he never mentions FONS being the origin of all fighting games and how often it is spoofed...but maybe that's something to do with his fanboy influenced denial/stupidity/blindness.

i reminds me of a friend of mine who kept denying it even after i showed him this:
http://www.freewebs.com/thedemon23/HNK.htm
laughing out loud


well, believe it or not, he game it 9.5/10
my fav part of his review is the 9/10 he gives it for "innovation and creativity" and 9/10 for "characters".

~Sado
P.S. anyone remember how when the site first came about, frankie gave Ryu 8/10 but kept on making the ratings higher and higher till he fnally removed the ratings system? i found that funny. i remember all the whiny emals i got for not putting ryu on the no.1 slot on my site so i can imagine how bad it was for him.

Bro SMASH
At least he didn't give it a 10 (like he sometimes do when games first come out) but I knew it would be someowhere in the 9s.

Originally posted by Sado22
~Sado
P.S. anyone remember how when the site first came about, frankie gave Ryu 8/10 but kept on making the ratings higher and higher till he fnally removed the ratings system? i found that funny. i remember all the whiny emals i got for not putting ryu on the no.1 slot on my site so i can imagine how bad it was for him.

I remember that. I never understood why he kept changing the ratings anyway. It's like he couldn't make up his mind or something.

I also found it funny how when a game first came out, he gives it 10 but later changes it to a 9 or a 9.5.

SaTsuJiN
Another lame character : Gudeath from Psychic Force 2012..

they replaced the most awesome gravity user (Brad) with this bastard sick

Sado22
what sucks the most actually is that he goes back and changes ratings. so now when you look at it Tekken5 is actually getting a lower rating than SF4....the stupid ass fanboy laughing out loud

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sado22
what sucks the most actually is that he goes back and changes ratings. so now when you look at it Tekken5 is actually getting a lower rating than SF4....the stupid ass fanboy laughing out loud Yeah, what a douchebag.

You know who else I hate? That prick with the yellow gi who shoots basketballs from Street Fighter Third Strike! And the faggy Russian contortionist.

Sado22
after akuma, every shoto-clone is a pain in the ass. period.
sakura, dan, sean, allen, kairi, gouken....all of them.

~Sado

I-Drop
Dan's cool. He's quite possibly MORE famous than the people he was meant to spoof. I don't like Sean too much either. Too stereotypey for me.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sado22
dan Them's fightin words son.

SaTsuJiN
I dont think fame really means anything.. look at Garou : MoTW.. most people are like "wtf is that?"... but its one of the best 2d fighters out there

I-Drop
Fame means fame. It's kind of important. I see what you mean tho. It doesn't always mean quality, but it does in Dan's case. He's hilarious.

I wonder how different things would have been had MOTW came out on the PS2 like it should have. Ditto for Project Justice

Sado22
now, now, no need to start hating again big grin


...wait, MOTW didn't come out of PS2 in us? confused

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by I-Drop
Fame means fame. It's kind of important. I see what you mean tho. It doesn't always mean quality, but it does in Dan's case. He's hilarious.

I wonder how different things would have been had MOTW came out on the PS2 like it should have. Ditto for Project Justice

Dan is definitely a quality character.. I honestly preferred to play as him when he appeared in Alpha 1.. because he was more interesting to use

-----------

No I dont believe MOTW came out in US for ps2.. I snagged mine for dreamcast..

and just recently I bought MOTW on Live Marketplace.. so delicious.. @[email protected] (800 MS points)

Sado22
man.....so MOTW didn't come out on PS2 in US?
that's a damn shame sad

I am who I am
Originally posted by I-Drop
Ditto for Project Justice Have they forgotten about that damn game?! I've been waitin' for'em to announce that damn game for years now.Originally posted by k1Lla441
Man, a thread that shouldnt involve no debating at all involves more debating than the debate threads erm thanks for ruining it, guys disgust It's inevitable when "hatin" is involved.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Sado22
now, now, no need to start hating again big grin? Originally posted by I am who I am
Have they forgotten about that damn game?! I've been waitin' for'em to announce that damn game for years now. It came out on Dreamcast only just like MOTW. If they'd been made on the US PS2, we'd likely have gotten sequels by now

SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. was playing it on my DC a few months ago.. goddamn nurse musta grew up in queens or jersey or some shit.. she layed a thug beatdown on mah ass

I-Drop
laughing out loud I think she from West Philly(aka West Filthy sad ). Who you play w/?

If those games had made it to the PS2 I really think they'd still be making games for the franchises. Very good games.

Ridley_Prime
Because no one else has said it yet, Lucario. *insert lame annoying aura line here*

RaidenDeadpool
Taven and daegon. Just garbage..

Ridley_Prime
Taven I didn't mind as much, but I agree about Daegon.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Taven I didn't mind as much, but I agree about Daegon.

Taven was an idiot brute with a generic look running around saying stuff like "I don't have time to fight you! I have to solve the puzzle that is my mission. The mission that is my past.." stupid crap like that.

Armageddon was just lazy.

Ridley_Prime
Well duh, but that's another story. I did like Shujinko way better than Taven though.

Zack Fair
I DLed Garou as well. Awesome game...kindda hate the fact I never had the chance to play this when it first came out...but hey better late than never.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well duh, but that's another story. I did like Shujinko way better than Taven though.

lol Shujinko's spear makes me roflcopter.

Get over here!

no expression

Ridley_Prime
Well, at least he wasn't an idiot brute with a generic look, etc. stick out tongue In fact, I liked him better than Liu Lame, Kung Lao, and any of the other heroes in MK, but that's just me.

XanatosForever
Rufus. OMFG, Rufus. Single most retarded character in a fighting game I've ever come across in a long while. He is Epic Fail incarnate.

Sin_Volvagia
The MK characters after Deadly Alliance (including Hsu Hao and Mavado) are some of the lamest characters I've seen in fighting game. If they don't have lame outfits, they have have unfitting/weird moves or are clones. And WTF did Midway do to Jarek?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I DLed Garou as well. Awesome game...kindda hate the fact I never had the chance to play this when it first came out...but hey better late than never. definitely... game is pure awesome..

though I have a bone to pick with some of the TOP's of certain characters >_>

like for example how amazingly cool Rock's TOP looks, but you'll probably never hit with it unless you're using it very sparingly

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
The MK characters after Deadly Alliance (including Hsu Hao and Mavado) are some of the lamest characters I've seen in fighting game. If they don't have lame outfits, they have have unfitting/weird moves or are clones.
You're entitled to your opinion too I guess, but I strongly disagree about all of them being lame. MK: DA and the games after it had its share of some good characters too, IMO..

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
And WTF did Midway do to Jarek?
Wasn't he by your definition, just a clone (of Kano) anyway?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You're entitled to your opinion too I guess, but I strongly disagree about all of them being lame. MK: DA and the games after it had its share of some good characters too, IMO.

Kenshi was the best new character. I also happen to like Li Mei and Onaga looked cool in the intro. But the rest of them, I could care less. Dairou was almost badass (he was supposed to be a blood thirsty samurai in DA).




He is and definetly wasn't my favorites but seriously, I could've come up with better outfits and moves than what the MK team had. C'mon, what serious fighter fights with a lasso?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Kenshi was the best new character. I also happen to like Li Mei and Onaga looked cool in the intro. But the rest of them, I could care less.
Eh, fair enough. Those were pretty much the main ones I liked as well. None of the others really come to mind for me like they do, 'sides Shujinko.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Dairou was almost badass (he was supposed to be a blood thirsty samurai in DA).
He was? This I did not know... Why was that changed? mmm

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
He is and definetly wasn't my favorites but seriously, I could've come up with better outfits and moves than what the MK team had. C'mon, what serious fighter fights with a lasso?
Wonder Woman? stick out tongue

I agree though. Then again, I don't like most of the changes they made with the older characters in Armageddon (i.e. Jarek, Kai, Stryker, Reiko, and Motaro especially. 2 legs instead of 4? WTF)
Was satisfied with Sareena though.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime



He was? This I did not know... Why was that changed? mmm




Dairou was never in DA due to time constraints. Why he became what he is now is beyond me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.