The AntiBible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
According to my Psych teacher the AntiBible is the distilled essence pure evil created by the Bible existing. Every religion apparently has a version of it. Ignoring the reasoning behind this (it's a scientific fact that the AntiBible must exist) is the it an actual thing that people believe in or is he screwing with us?

Wikipedia and Google are only turn up hits relating to "anti-bible people".

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
According to my Psych teacher the AntiBible is the distilled essence pure evil created by the Bible existing. Every religion apparently has a version of it. Ignoring the reasoning behind this (it's a scientific fact that the AntiBible must exist) is the it an actual thing that people believe in or is he screwing with us?

You would have to assume that the bible is the distilled essence pure good, and it is not. Therefore, the AntiBible is only an idea based on a false assumption.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You would have to assume that the bible is the distilled essence pure good, and it is not. Therefore, the AntiBible is only an idea based on a false assumption.

Are you questioning SCIENCE?

Mandrag Ganon

Been a christian for most of my life, and I have never once heard of an "Anti-Bible"

To people of most religions, their Holy books are more or less a guide to how to live a life that is pleasing to their God.

I question science about as much as I question religion. smile

Shakyamunison

Bad science? YES!

How is this science? If that was true, then there must be an anti-Gone With the Wind.

Symmetric Chaos
How is this science? If that was true, then there must be an anti-Gone With the Wind.

Everything has an inverse or opposite (see the laws of motion). Apparently morality is similar to kinetic energy.

Shakyamunison
Everything has an inverse or opposite (see the laws of motion). Apparently morality is similar to kinetic energy.

The Laws of motion do not support this ridiculous claim. A book is not morality or kinetic energy. If I put the bible on a high shelf, then it will have potential energy. Then if it fell, it would have kinetic energy.

Red Nemesis
A bible made out of antimatter? Cool.

A bible written in Spanish? Also cool.

Ordo
I hold the opinion that all psych teachers are crackpots.

inimalist
Originally posted by Ordo

boo

actually, there is a prof in the same psych department that I am in who holds that Psychology will only ever become a real science when it accepts the Christian ideals of the soul as true. Consequently, I almost got kicked out of school for arguing in his class (albeit, taught by a sub).

Mairuzu
shock_erm

Symmetric Chaos

Well this guy certainly is.

Originally posted by inimalist
actually, there is a prof in the same psych department that I am in who holds that Psychology will only ever become a real science when it accepts the Christian ideals of the soul as true. Consequently, I almost got kicked out of school for arguing in his class (albeit, taught by a sub).

I've decided to just ignore his stuff about ghosts being a proven fact, the power of the AntiBible and how ouija boards are too powerful to mess with and finish the class. It just doesn't seem worth it, and no one is buying a word of it anyway.

occultdestroyer
The Anti-Bible?

You mean the Koran, the Torah, etc?

Oh, and I <3 Anti-Pizza!

GCG
According to the bible, God killed 2,391,421 people and Satan only killed 10.

Anyone think that we could be following the wrong guy?

Da Pittman
Bad science? YES!

How is this science? If that was true, then there must be an anti-Gone With the Wind. I think it was this one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D7CBET5PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

King Kandy
This could be something, but not in the sense he seems to be implying. conceptually speaking, the anti-bible would just be the teaching contrary to the bible on every level, but there is no actual antibible written down.

inimalist
I've decided to just ignore his stuff about ghosts being a proven fact, the power of the AntiBible and how ouija boards are too powerful to mess with and finish the class. It just doesn't seem worth it, and no one is buying a word of it anyway.

it totally doesn't appear to be my area of psych, but that is a lot of horse shit. At the very least, I don't even see how ghosts, the anti-bible or ouija boards constitute proper discussion topics in a psych class, unless you are looking at something like the ideo-motor effect (why ouija board pieces move) or paradolia (seeing human like figures where there are none).

Honestly seems like they are using your class as a soap box. I wouldn't stand for it, but then again, I do sort of regularly get into administrative trouble.

leonheartmm

was your psych teacher on crack?????

and thats called psudoscience.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonheartmm
was your psych teacher on crack?????

It has the word science in it!

Somehow I get the feeling it was supposed to be a "challenge authority" test. But maybe I watch to many movies.

Ordo
Originally posted by leonheartmm

The technical term for psychology is "social science"...though, yes, they are essentially the same thing.

Symmetric Chaos
The technical term for psychology is "social science"...though, yes, they are essentially the same thing.

Not really. Especially depending on the type of psychology you choose.

inimalist

thats not really even true

Psychology started in the fields of perception and memory, largely. And since the 30s, and unarguably since the 70s, psychology has been as "scientific" as any other, more classical, fields.

Geologists aren't called unscientific when some lunatic says that tectonic theory is incorrect and the world is expanding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.